• Created
  • Last Reply

well these are our next 5 games:

Man City v Chelsea

Chelsea v Bordeaux

Chelsea v Man Utd

Portsmouth v Chelsea

Stoke v Chelsea

Worse than three wins and two draws their will be disappointing.

And Robinho has his debut against us. I really hope he proves to be nothing more than a good player.

League and CL says other wise amigo :(.

Yeah you need to get a clue or something. The improvements in our squad since then and the fact that Scolari is roughly eleventy billion times better than Avram Grant shows that it's a completely different equation now.

I would not say were better than them player for player. We have great points and so do they.

Each to their own I guess. Granted both teams have stronger points, but overall I think we're the better team. Up to Scolari now to do what Grant couldn't.

Each to their own I guess. Granted both teams have stronger points, but overall I think we're the better team. Up to Scolari now to do what Grant couldn't.

I suppose that is true, the player we have sold were not good enough for Chelsea, so under a much better manager we should do better. Im seeing now that not signing Robinho may have been positive for the future of the club.

Would still like to see another Striker sign for us though :)5

He's been doing quite well. Was poor against Spurs but I think he fits our system to be honest. When we start getting desperate and launching the ball over the top for him it's never going to work. He's latched on to a number of passes through the defences from our midfield so far this season. Had a few chances, had a couple of wrong offside calls against him and a whole bunch of marginal ones. 3 games into the season I'd say the signs are more promising. Moreso than not for sure.

He's only 2nd choice to Drogba anyway. Regardless of what a dick Drogba is, he's a quality player, and I'm looking forward to seeing him link up with this team. Already seen Cole and Boswinga getting forward far more than either of our full backs last season imo. Drogba should be back for the City game given the International break beforehand.

The fact that Scolari is roughly eleventy billion times better than Avram Grant shows that it's a completely different equation now.

[choosing which parts of the point to reply to...]

Pretty sure that has nothing to do with your players being better than our players.

fwiw

Scholes > Deco. Could deco put the ball in the top corner from the edge of the penalty box....with his hand?!?

CL squad in full:

A List

Petr Cech

Branislav Ivanovich

Ashley Cole

Michael Essien

Ricardo Carvalho

Frank Lampard

Franco Di Santo

Joe Cole

Didier Drogba

Michael Ballack

Florent Malouda

José Bosingwa

Wayne Bridge

Paulo Ferreira

Deco

Salomon Kalou

Carlo Cudicini

John Terry

Alex

Juliano Belletti

Nicolas Anelka

Henrique Hilario

B List

John Mikel Obi

Rhys Taylor

Sam Hutchinson

Michael Mancienne

Miroslav Stoch

Probably better than Malouda anyway. Isn't there still another few weeks for loan deals to go through though?

Does Ivanovic play at centreback? Always thought he was a rightback but according the the fountain of information that is Wiki he plays all across defense and as a deep lying midfielder too.

Mikel only on the B List? Does that mean anything? Not sure what a B list is.

Mikel only on the B List? Does that mean anything? Not sure what a B list is.

"These regulations mean Chelsea's A List will contain 22 players for this season's group stage.

A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1987 and has been eligible to play for Chelsea for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday.

This means John Mikel Obi is able to move from the A to the B List this season, opening up a fresh place in the A List.

Spells spent away from Chelsea on loan by Scott Sinclair make him ineligible as a club-trained player or as a B List player. "

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1382856,00.html

Stops you buying a youngster, loaning him out for 4 years then bringing him back and he qualifies as a home-grown player.

I knew it stopped you from the B list (it stopped him last year), but didn't realise it stopped him from the A List too if I'm honest.

And putting established players on the B list is clever, enables you to basically have more than 25 players in the squad. I'm sure Arsenal have done it with Cesc in the past.

Yeah but how is he supposed to get experience? You're left with a choice of either having a player who has played no competitive football for 3 years, but can be classed as homegrown, or a player who's had a couple of years of competitive football in the Championship/lower Premiership but has to be registered as trained by another club.

Seems ridiculous to force that trade off.

Stops you buying a youngster, loaning him out for 4 years then bringing him back and he qualifies as a home-grown player.

I knew it stopped you from the B list (it stopped him last year), but didn't realise it stopped him from the A List too if I'm honest.

And putting established players on the B list is clever, enables you to basically have more than 25 players in the squad. I'm sure Arsenal have done it with Cesc in the past.

It doesn't stop him from being on the A-list. just vastly reduces his chances of getting onto it as there's more than likely an experienced player ahead of him in the pecking order

Rajkovic Handed Mega Ban

Chelsea farmed out their promising Serbian defender Slobodan Rajkovic on loan to Eredivisie side Twente for one season, but it looks like his season has come to an end already.

The 19-year-old defender was part of the Serbian Olympic squad and received a red card in the group phase match against Argentina. The hot prospect disagreed with the decision and spitted the referee in his face in a moment of madness.

According to the Serbian press, FIFA have decided to ban the youngster for one year for all competitions after his misconduct.

However, the Serbian FA already announced the decision to oppose the suspension. “He made a mistake, but this punishment is totally ridiculous,” said a spokesman. “It’s denying him the possibility to do his job if they decide to go ahead with this.”

Twente as well as Chelsea support the Serbian FA in their decision to oppose the mega ban.

Chelsea signed the player at the age of sixteen, but shipped him out on loan immediately. He played for OFK Belgrade and Dutch champions PSV before signing for Twente this season.

What an idiot, i'm sure there are better ways to destroy your career :thdn:

Just seen that Barton only got a 6 match ban (with a further 6 match ban suspended) - am i the only person that thinks it's rediculous that rajkovic gets a 12 month ban for spitting and barton gets a 6 match ban for beating up a team mate?? What is the football world coming too....

Archived