The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The :( was because Calderon has said Robinhooooo is under contract at Madrid for two more years. Basically saying we are ***** and are going to hold a player against his will. Exactly what they were saying Man Utd were doing with Ronaldo.

Good little player. He is little, about 5'8" or so, but very mature and intelligent (on and off the pitch), composed, brilliant tackler, limited going forward but very good in defensive midfield at u18 level. Can also play at right back, has done quite regularly.

Shameless promotion

Cheers, your link is pretty all-encompassing. I imagine he's going to play right-back tomorrow due to a suspension in the team. Central midfield is a bit of a problem position for us but he seems to play in a similar style to our first choice CM, so I don't know where he'll play after tomorrow. Sounds good though.

• Administrators

Dear me that was atrocious you know. Yeah sure, Spurs got some first half luck, totally not in the game until they scored with a massive bounce their way, but then they earned their point and played us off the park. Didn't let us have two seconds on the ball, and we let them have ages, and we played backwards all the time.

Anelka was dire, Joe Cole too quiet, the midfield got lost within itself, Essien clearly unfit because he was awful. Can't really comment on Belletti as I haven't a clue what he was actually meant to be doing. Scored though, adds to his legend. Both full-backs were too timid and didn't get forward effectively, and the distribution from the centre-halves was woeful throughout. As for the subs, I mean ffs, Malouda again, and once more he was the worst player on the park. What point did his 25 mins have? Kalou wanted to do too much as ever, then we give Di Santo 2 mins and loft 5 long balls at him against King, Woodgate and Gomes. Talk about not giving him a chance.

Of Gomes, his save from Lampard was absolutely stunning, not sure we'll see better this season. Modric had a decent second half but Bent was their best player I think.

I hate playing Spurs, we have a habit of late of completely letting ourselves down, shouldn't be dropping points against relegation fodder ffs. Only real plus is that Cech, apart from his distribution, is looking somewhere near his best, especially in coming for crosses.

Got really frustrated watching the game earlier, had to take my dog out to wind down a little. I'm not particularly dissapointed with the point, but more the manner in which we played. Thought we were sloppy throughout and barely threatened, Anelka just anonymous and missed a great chance. Felt we really missed Mikel today, albeit he scored but Belletti just didn't provide anything at all when we had the ball. We didn't tick like i'm sure we would have with a Mikel/Maka in there.

We were also soo narrow, Bosingwa and Cole provided little going forward. And as for Malouda, he came on it and it looked like he was running in sand, have lost any hope that he can turn it around for us.

Just read on the official site that Arsenal have expressed an interest in Kalou recently. Scolari refused to sell.

+ The club have released a statement in response to Real Madrid in an attempt to clear up the Robinho shirt incident and refute any claims of unprofessional behaviour etc. Can't see the deal going through now if a slanging match kicks off.

Madrids Statement:

Real Madrid believes all its attention should be paid exclusively to tonight's important official match. This criteria has been completely ignored by the player Robinho with the announcements he made just hours prior to the game.

Concerning Robinho's comments, the Club once again stresses the contents of a previous official announcement, in which it said it would have no other choice but to accept a unilateral resolution of the player's contract if he willed it so.

Real Madrid CF deeply regrets the behaviour of Chelsea FC Board Members who, despite knowing Real Madrid's negative to transfer the player, have continued to make gestures and announcements that reached their peak with the selling of Robinho Chelsea shirts through the club's official website. All this has complicated the situation further and confused the public.

Our response:

STATEMENT RESPONDING TO REAL MADRID

Chelsea Football Club has issued a statement in response to an earlier statement from Real Madrid.

The Chelsea FC statement reads:

'There is nothing wrong with publicly confirming our interest in a player when the club involved is well aware of it, has been in receipt of two bids and is negotiating to sell the player. So we completely refute any criticism from Real Madrid.

'As for the issue regarding the website, Real are well aware this was a regrettable accident by an external supplier which was rectified as soon as it was brought to our attention and not a single shirt was sold.'

Dear me that was atrocious you know. Yeah sure, Spurs got some first half luck, totally not in the game until they scored with a massive bounce their way, but then they earned their point and played us off the park. Didn't let us have two seconds on the ball, and we let them have ages, and we played backwards all the time.

Anelka was dire, Joe Cole too quiet, the midfield got lost within itself, Essien clearly unfit because he was awful. Can't really comment on Belletti as I haven't a clue what he was actually meant to be doing. Scored though, adds to his legend. Both full-backs were too timid and didn't get forward effectively, and the distribution from the centre-halves was woeful throughout. As for the subs, I mean ffs, Malouda again, and once more he was the worst player on the park. What point did his 25 mins have? Kalou wanted to do too much as ever, then we give Di Santo 2 mins and loft 5 long balls at him against King, Woodgate and Gomes. Talk about not giving him a chance.

Of Gomes, his save from Lampard was absolutely stunning, not sure we'll see better this season. Modric had a decent second half but Bent was their best player I think.

I hate playing Spurs, we have a habit of late of completely letting ourselves down, shouldn't be dropping points against relegation fodder ffs. Only real plus is that Cech, apart from his distribution, is looking somewhere near his best, especially in coming for crosses.

Gomes has always been an amazing keeper, the only thing that surprises me about him is that he wasn't picked up earlier by a bigger and better club that Tottenham. I read somewhere (might have been Soccernet) that some consider him the best keeper in the world and although that might be overstepping the mark, he's definitely right up there. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep up his good form.

I missed the match, how did Super Frank play? I expect he'll come in for a lot of criticism for his pass that lead to giving away the goal, but from the match reports I've read it sounds as though he was (apart from Essien clattering the crossbar) our only threatening player. The BBC also suggested that we played quite well until conceding the equaliser, after which we went to pieces.

• Administrators

It wasn't a pass for Bent's goal, he ran into I think Modric and it rebounded off him into Bent's path.

He was rubbish btw. Had a coupla nice chip shots but the midfield sucked today. We were fine until they scored, then forgot how to pass.

I only watched it on tv so I may be incorrect but to me it looked like Anelka came way to deep when he was off the ball, especially when his up there on his own he has to be playing further up the pitch. Anelka cant pass either, everytime we have a passing move going it comes to him and he miscontrols it, loses it or makes a poor pass. Kalou should have come on earlier and Malouda is useless, wish we had sold him and kept SWP.

Definately missed Mikel today and even against Wigan, I think he could be our most important player this season, his passing and coolness on the ball just starts attacks off so well.

As I said on OTF2, that game was screaming out for Ballack so loudly it was almost deafening. No ball retention in the midfield really, not comfortable anyway. Tottenham gave us no time on the ball and Ballack just has the class not to feel rushed by that and make the space and passes we need.

Malouda is still a ****. With Joe Cole quiet we looked to offer nothing down the wings. Still thing we should play Belletti right wing, would work better than defensive midfield anyway. Jesus what sort of decision was that?

Cech                  

Boswinga    Terry      Carvalho     Cole

Essien                 

Lampard    Ballack           
Deco                                Cole
                Anelka                 

Pretty much how we have to line up unless Drogba is back. None of this weird stuff going on with Belletti in the middle. Also if Kalou comes on, make it as a winger and ahead of Malouda in the pecking order.

Archived