The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can remember going when I was around 15 at the time, me and my brother spent around an hour doing the dribbling task where u dribble round a set route and hit the ball into the net, theres a timer and it stops when the ball goes over the line, can remember beating some of the academy players \o/. Was also very good at the keeper reaction test, although Carlo was meant to have been awesome at it according to one of the guys who worked there. Longest got on the throw was around 20 metres or so, was really good fun, will definitely go to it again if i am over at a game.

OMG that free kick was awesome (from the chinese team) good save (i think) from Cech. Chelsea 1 - 0 up at half time.

The world of sport is similar to Disney World of Sport. Me and my brothers done the American Football their, it was awesome!!

Good good, now Pizzaro, SWP and a few other crappers. Chelsea to make money in the transfer market? Already made £14million and spent £24million

SWP - £8 million

Belletti - £2 million

Pizzaro - £4 million

that would take us to £28 million and possible other transfers out being Malouda Anelka etc

Although that would just be ruined by signing Robinho

Ben Haim to go please - although still not seen any of Ivanovic. It's a bit of a travesty that Alex isn't first choice centre-back at a top European side as it is. Wouldn't mind giving Malouda another season tbh, still think he could be really good.

Surely we'd get more than 2m for Belletti - or has he only got 1 year left?

Manchester City expect to hold talks with Tal Ben-Haim over the next 48 hours after offering Chelsea a package worth £4m for the Israel defender. (The Times)
Chelsea are bracing themselves for another huge increase in player salaries that could take their annual wage bill close to £150m as the recent round of contract renegotiations is set to continue. (The Times)
Help The Aged has hit out at Sir Alex Ferguson for branding Chelsea a bunch of old-timers.

The charity's spokesperson Kate Joplin said: "In 2008, age is no longer an acceptable yardstick to measure a person's worth or potential. There's a lot to be said for experience." (The Sun)

The robinho situation has gone quiet :(

Yeah easily, but he was still shakey in defensive situations. I guess if we knew we were signing Boswinga then it makes sense to give Paulo a new contract rather than have two adventurous wingbacks on the right hand side. I'd rather have Belletti staying than Ferreira still, just because I enjoyed watching him more, and Paulo is never going to score goals like the one against Spurs.

What is it with us and defenders scoring from long range against spurs? Gallas, Carvalho and Belletti all done it now :cool:

Archived