*Official* Football Manager 2024 Mobile Feedback Thread

Football Manager 2024 Mobile is OUT NOW - Exclusively on Netflix! Prepare for battle and then develop your reputation as you take the fast track to glory with the all-new features.

This thread is a place for us to collate your feedback for FM24 Mobile. The threads are monitored and read by lots of different members of the SI team and other forum users. We may reply in some instances, as will the forum mods - but we can't reply to everything.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Bug Tracker is the place for any issues you find with the game so please try and keep those separate from this feedback thread.

For any troubleshooting say for crashes or being unable to launch, read our Mobile FAQ's.

We're looking for feedback across all areas of the game, but we're especially looking for feedback on our new features for Mobile.

What we try to ask every year is please if you’re raising feedback, try and make it constructive. The full list of our traditional ground rules can be found below:

• Please try to keep any feedback constructive. That doesn't mean you can only be positive, but if you are going to be critical, at least give us your reasons. Help us to help you by giving details.
  • Respect other opinions. We don't expect everyone to agree but please take the time to read posts and respect their position.
  • Please take Tactical Discussion elsewhere. We've seen that these types of threads can see posts focused on the tactical side of the game and whilst this is interesting, it's a much more appropriate discussion for our Tactics, Training, and Strategies Discussion.
  • Don’t make it personal. Attacks and the like won’t be tolerated. SI Staff and our volunteer moderating team will engage where we can, but any abuse makes that much more unlikely.

Now please go away and start your saves in FM24 Mobile! We're excited to hear your feedback and most importantly, we're excited to see how you get on within your saves.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ll have to stick with FMM 23. I would usually be buying the new game about now but I don’t do Netflix but I’m certain the mobile team won’t lose many players this year with the switch to Netflix, it will probably  only be a small minority who won’t be playing this years version. Will be interesting to hear everyone’s opinion on this years version though. When I looked at the new features for this years game there wasn’t anything that would make me want to buy it, nothing big or different or something fun or random like mind games with other managers etc, I was slightly interested in the in match notifications though, I believe there was a similar thing in one of the old Premier Manager games on the PS2, where if your team were struggling then your assistant would recommend to go more attacking or more defensive depending on if your were winning or losing and recommending taking a player off if he was tired etc. Wish the team well with this years version though and hope the sales improve, will be interesting to see what they do with FMM 25 if they don’t improve. 

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, mr.agrundy said:

Thoroughly enjoying it so far. I have no development background and suspect it’s related to either that or some sort of licence issue? Is there any reason the first season can’t replicate the known fixtures in premier league and the European groups? 

There are licensing restrictions which prevent us doing specific things within the game, for instance we can't sample the real-life results and allow you to begin exactly as they are irl at the time you begin etc.

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, MoldeFK15 said:

Excellent y game so far apart from the fixtures/results screens not appearing as I have already posted in the bugs forum. Great job guys

Thanks for the kind words, as always if anyone has issues please let us know and we'll get them fixed asap.

Initial assessment following a few hours, wil come back later this week once I've rattled off a few seasons

• Appearance is much more slick and feels like more of a finished product than years before, there is the familiarity but then a few little changes in the UI feel like it's complete
  • Team Selection - the shift in the team selection will take some getting used to, and especially when wanting to quickly select some subs from the tactics screen. I like the other changes within the tactics screen especially the creation of a new one
  • Match Day Screen - one thing that continues to bug me year on year is the match day Screen doesn't save my view from game to game or half to half. I like seeing the stats of all my team rather than any other screens and then switch to pitch view for the key highlights. I have to always select this view for every game. Can we get a way to have a preference on the match day Screen?
  • I do like the quick subs and tactic buttons...much easier! 
  • Seem to be using the Development Hub a lot more this time round andfeels easier to navigate 

I said I would pop back when it came out.

Luckily my Netflix plan does allow me to have this on my phone.

First impressions. Good. 

Everything seems much tidier , i enjoy the little details , such as around tactics and the breakdown and explanation. UI wise, this is another step forward, most of the info was on FM23 but it just works better now and gives better immersion.

It's a subtle evolution, such as quick subs and mentality  but one that on first viewing gives a nicer experience. I feel the game is more 'alive' if that makes any sense.

Although the game closing down when you use any other app isn't ideal ! 

Edited by Navelgazer
Update

I like the look of this year's game so far, navigation seems easier and saving the game doesn't crash so already improvements. 

First annoying thing I've found is players randomly on leaves of absence (one is for 2 months so far) and then being unhappy at not being played. I remember this on the full game a few years ago.

Does anyone know if we can get rid of the information 'i' at the top. Keep hitting that by accident. 

Edited by rp1988

I'm glad I have a Netflix subscription and didn't have to pay for this game. It's nearly identical to last year's game.

Pros: - in game editor is not included

-the in game tactics/subs is handy

Cons: - switching subs in tactics screen is now tedious, why do we need a separate window and a confirm just to swap someone onto the bench?

- someone turned the injuries to max. I've tried to start 4 seasons and every one has had MAJOR injuries just 1-2 month in, and not just one player, 3 of my players went down with season ending injuries on one save alone. (thank goodness for the editor)

- except carbon copy of last year with a few red borders and an in math shortcut to subs. There's not messing with a good thing, and then there's just mailing it in.  Anything to distinguish this year from last would have been nice.

I think there's a major oversight with respect to the android file system access.  FMM 24 places the supporting files location for graphics, real name, etc inside the android/data folder.  Google has been very actively closing user access to this system folder since Android 11.  As of now, there are hit and miss loop holes still available (which may or may not work depending on your phone).  There is no reason to move the document folder that used to exist outside of the system folder for FMM 23 to inside the meant to be inaccessible system folder.  It shuts down for many users a very common part of the FM experience.

3 hours ago, bearrock said:

I think there's a major oversight with respect to the android file system access.  FMM 24 places the supporting files location for graphics, real name, etc inside the android/data folder.  Google has been very actively closing user access to this system folder since Android 11.  As of now, there are hit and miss loop holes still available (which may or may not work depending on your phone).  There is no reason to move the document folder that used to exist outside of the system folder for FMM 23 to inside the meant to be inaccessible system folder.  It shuts down for many users a very common part of the FM experience.

It's even worse than that, as a lot of stuff isn't even in the Android/data folder. Presumably it's in the private storage area for the game that is completely inaccessible.

For example, there is no way to access save game files directly (that I can see). You have to export them. So if you have an app that automatically syncs save files to your Dropbox once a day (so you still have it if your phone gets flushed down the toilet), then you can't do that anymore. You can still sync the exported files, but you need to remember to export them regularly and it is so clunky (Save Game, Exit to main menu, Load, Export, Name the export, Save) vs just save the game and forget about it. 

Also on this front, I can't seem to find where the manager photo is stored. In previous versions it was in the Cache file in the Documents and it was fairly easy to replace with a better photo of yourself or a photo of someone else (personally I was using the wolf that is my avatar). 

Having things like save files and graphics etc in an accessible place was user friendly and empowered people to be able to customise and extend the game, which is important in the modern gaming landscape, but FMM24 has definitely taken a huge step backwards in this regard.

6 hours ago, Goreme78 said:

Everything is oke

but why the system switch players autmatically? It is very irritating and i cant turn it off. Anyone else have the same problem? 
i tried evey function but still system is switching players during the game 😯🤔

This has been flagged in the bug tracker, we have managed to replicate this so will push it as part of a future update. A potential workaround is using the enhanced match engine if your device can use it.

Fingers crossed, only a couple of months into the season, but it seems DMs can finally get some decent form?

Like a lot of the UI tweaks, don’t like the confirmation interstitial for moving players in and out on the tactics screen, just gets in the way. 

Would like more player search options (eg Personality)

9 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

It's even worse than that, as a lot of stuff isn't even in the Android/data folder. Presumably it's in the private storage area for the game that is completely inaccessible.

For example, there is no way to access save game files directly (that I can see). You have to export them. So if you have an app that automatically syncs save files to your Dropbox once a day (so you still have it if your phone gets flushed down the toilet), then you can't do that anymore. You can still sync the exported files, but you need to remember to export them regularly and it is so clunky (Save Game, Exit to main menu, Load, Export, Name the export, Save) vs just save the game and forget about it. 

Also on this front, I can't seem to find where the manager photo is stored. In previous versions it was in the Cache file in the Documents and it was fairly easy to replace with a better photo of yourself or a photo of someone else (personally I was using the wolf that is my avatar). 

Having things like save files and graphics etc in an accessible place was user friendly and empowered people to be able to customise and extend the game, which is important in the modern gaming landscape, but FMM24 has definitely taken a huge step backwards in this regard.

Completely agree.

And for some devices (Google Pixel in this example), the FMM24 folder isn't accessible AT ALL. It does not show in the Android/Data folder so you cannot add logos/kits/name changes etc.

What were they thinking?

I would really like the ability to turn off the extra team selection window. I'm not entirely sure why it's been added as an extra step but it makes switching your line up quite tedious.

Other than that, so far, everything seems pretty standard though I've only played a few games in my new save.

• SI Staff
45 minutes ago, jamiehowlett said:

I would really like the ability to turn off the extra team selection window. I'm not entirely sure why it's been added as an extra step but it makes switching your line up quite tedious.

Other than that, so far, everything seems pretty standard though I've only played a few games in my new save.

Hi there, which team selection window are you referring to? We added two new selection flows this year, one can be accessed by tapping the position and sub buttons on the top and side of the club squad page where you can make multiple actions, and one pressing the position buttons next to the player name where you can compare players attributes in that position.

8 minutes ago, Tom Kraft said:

Hi there, which team selection window are you referring to? We added two new selection flows this year, one can be accessed by tapping the position and sub buttons on the top and side of the club squad page where you can make multiple actions, and one pressing the position buttons next to the player name where you can compare players attributes in that position.

Hi Tom, sorry I wasn't entirely sure how to explain but this pic from another thread is the bit I am talking about:

494886907_SquadandTactics2.thumb.jpg.168a88b4bcb2d7858dd26ad0b8f65a99.jpg.3f9ed15f33edcc2f4a79d310eecd4bb1.jpg

I understand from reading bits that this section is to help players who need a bit more information? However, as an experienced player I like being able to set the line up without this secondary screen coming up when tapping a position or player. Hopefully I've explained that properly!

hace 41 minutos, jamiehowlett dijo:

Hi Tom, sorry I wasn't entirely sure how to explain but this pic from another thread is the bit I am talking about:

494886907_SquadandTactics2.thumb.jpg.168a88b4bcb2d7858dd26ad0b8f65a99.jpg.3f9ed15f33edcc2f4a79d310eecd4bb1.jpg

I understand from reading bits that this section is to help players who need a bit more information? However, as an experienced player I like being able to set the line up without this secondary screen coming up when tapping a position or player. Hopefully I've explained that properly!

gotta second this, first time it was cool to see the comparision but in the day to day makes lining up the team more clunky and tedious

Others may have a different approach but my preferred way to play this was to be unsackable at a club and then build one over 30 years. I can't do that now as the unsackable option is now only unlocked after staying at same club for 10 years?! That is pretty impossible and also is not how I enjoy playing the game. So thanks for making it 'free' Netflix but it is a thumbs down from me and won't be playing this version.

Confused here but we have like 4 Samsung Galaxy tablets, all different generations and we can install FM24 Mobile only on the oldest one of them (A10)?

Edit: Elaboration. It seems if you go to the play store it's only available on the old tablet (which doesn't have Netflix installed coincidentally). But I just took our most recent tablet (S8 or S9) and go into Netflix and into the games tab, the game is there and it starts up perfectly.

Edited by DJ Sir Matthew

9 hours ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

Confused here but we have like 4 Samsung Galaxy tablets, all different generations and we can install FM24 Mobile only on the oldest one of them (A10)?

Edit: Elaboration. It seems if you go to the play store it's only available on the old tablet (which doesn't have Netflix installed coincidentally). But I just took our most recent tablet (S8 or S9) and go into Netflix and into the games tab, the game is there and it starts up perfectly.

Thank you for flagging this, will look into this and see if there is a reason this is happening. Glad you've managed to get into game albeit with going round the houses a bit :) 

small bug in the game. Manager record attached. I got sacked after 25 games at Bham 😬 and joined Yeovil. But my Yeovil record shows as the 2024/25 season when I'm in 2023/24, and it's showing the whole Yeovil season record, not mine when I joined. I only lost 1 game😉

I have also unlocked the in game editor apparently, but I have no idea how to access it? Would be useful as I can't seem to win a game as you can see by my record at Birmingham 

Screenshot_20231108_212318_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Edited by Sunny0723

The reviews on the App Store are poor also just like they are on the Play Store. I’m sure I’m not the only one who realises that I ain’t missing out on anything by not having the new version. The changes are minimum and the game has been released with crashes galore. I am curious as to how long it would have took the team to make the minimal changes they made to this years game, no way would they have worked on this years game for the last 12 months, the new colour scheme and a few small changes probably only took a few weeks lol. I can understand working on the game for 12 months if there were lots of changes. I’ve downloaded Retro Football Manager 24 so I hope this will be a good replacement for FMM. I’m not having a dig but I think the mobile team have had a mare with this years game what with the Netflix deal and releasing an unfinished game and making zero changes again. Just a suggestion for next years mobile game, do something different or add something fun to the game, you have a hundred or more things you can add to the game and have many possibilities. All we got this year was a Vidal Sassoon hairdryer.

3 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello everyone, today we are bringing you a minor update for Football Manager 2024 Mobile that focuses on crash fixes, along with some minor tweaks and enhancements. For more information see the link below.

I've just loaded up my game post update, and the screen size has inexplicably shrunk. Fantastic. 

Is it possible for me to return to the previous version? I remember a similar issue last year occurring after the first update and it took weeks to fix. 

Edited by EstebanNero

55 minutes ago, EstebanNero said:

I've just loaded up my game post update, and the screen size has inexplicably shrunk. Fantastic. 

Is it possible for me to return to the previous version? I remember a similar issue last year occurring after the first update and it took weeks to fix. 

Can you let me know what device you are using and the software version so I can get this investigated?

2 hours ago, Hoyatnung said:

The fixtures/results screens not appear as previous game . Please help and it’s very useful 

These are now accessed by tapping the top left panel when in the post match hub.

I’m aware there has been some feedback around this change and it is being monitored.

17 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

These are now accessed by tapping the top left panel when in the post match hub.

I’m aware there has been some feedback around this change and it is being monitored.

Absolutely stupid change if true. Whilst the game as a whole looks good to me, to have no screen flow results/fixtures of either league competitions, European, international etc completely make the game irrelevant and uninteresting. 

16 minutes ago, MoldeFK15 said:

Absolutely stupid change if true. Whilst the game as a whole looks good to me, to have no screen flow results/fixtures of either league competitions, European, international etc completely make the game irrelevant and uninteresting. 

Appreciate the feedback and we have been monitoring it. The team are looking at this and I'll share if there is any update.

i've always enjoyed starting with a smallish club and working my up and perhaps onto other, bigger jobs.  in that vain, i've started in the Japanese third division for my new save.  i'm enjoying the challenge!

the team doesn't have a scout, and doesn't have money for one currently, but even when i did have money for one, i put out an ad for applicants and got none!  senior players are also not interested.  this means i have no scouts and no way of getting any right now.  maybe this is as designed, but wanted to point it out.  i'll see how it goes as i progress.

perhaps related, is the fact that i also have no youth intake in season one.  zero players.  oddly, i still get reports from the assistant manager about how none of the players, of which ther are none, are up to the mark.  so i wonder if that's normal with a sufficiently small or obscure club, or if it's because it's my first season and it'll improve with club fortunes or maybe becasue i don't have any scouts?

a seperate note about budgets.  there are some facets of how they are handled in game that are very frustrating.  for instance, a club with very little money rightly imposes maximum slaries, etc.  But when a contract or offer is for a future transaction (extension or transfer in a future window), it would seem much more reasonable for the club brass to consider that fact.  For example, i was barred from extending my best striker because his salary is above the maximum allowable currently.  but he's already making that now, and there is a lot of salary coming off the books at the end of the season.  if budgets don't reset in game by the time the season ends i could end up losing him while i'll be able to afford him easily a day later.  the same with buying out a good loan player--i can't buy out the loan as i have no transfer funds now, but in the next window at the end of the season i will have money and many players leaving... but his loan will be over a week or two before the conracts end and the window opens.  it would be much better if the board could employ some forward thinking as i think teams do in real life.

thanks for listening!

Got finally a good session in and my first initial feedback possible is, with all due respect can we get @Marc Vaughanon FMT again?

FMM is a clearly a well thought game, is a mobile game that listens to it's users and it's by the most part a 200% enjoyable game.

Kudos to all that team. Really.

I really love this game. The only issues are ones that have recurred throughout the last few years:

1) VAR checks - there's a persistent (and I think well-known) bug which removes all tension: if a player scores, you know immediately if VAR will rule it out because the score changes back again immediately (eg it goes from 0-0 to 1-0 but then straightaway it's 0-0 again, so the VAR check animation is a bit redundant). 

2) While it's been improved, there's a still a 'last impression counts' bug in the player ratings calculations. In a score draw (eg 2-2, 3-3), for example, players will score much, much higher if they came from behind than if they blew a lead. It gets sillier if the team wins comfortably but concedes a late consolation goal - the team who scored last in a 1-5 defeat will often get player ratings just as good as the winning team.

3) Player ratings seem harsh on defensive players, especially defensive central midfielders. Arguably this reflects reality (how often do defensive players win the Ballon d'Or...?) but it seems almost impossible for a DMC to get more than 7 unless they score a goal. Surely when Declan Rice neutralises Real Madrid at the Bernabeu for a clean sheet, making twice as many tackles as anyone else, that deserves at least an 8?

4) I've never managed to fully enjoy international management in FM because of the injury issue. Obviously injuries happen and teams can be really unlucky, but the problem is that I'll select a squad, and several players might get injured between the squad selection and the match, with no opportunity to replace them. In reality, international squads are allowed to replace injured players until shortly before a match or tournament. So far I've never had a realistic experience in a tournament because I can never keep a full starting 11 in the knockout stages.

5) Minor point, but the squad selection seems to have got slightly less user-friendly between FM23 and FM24 - I used to be able to click next to each player to instantly assign them, now I have to click 'confirm' every time, which doubles the time taken to select a team. Likewise I have to tap on the player's position, go into the separate screen and deselect them, again clicking 'confirm', rather than just deselect them with one click.

6) On the squad screen, you can select players by stars for current/potential ability. This is a neat shortcut (and it would be really handy if you could do it in your international squad - as it is, trying to sort by stars just randomises the list). However, a weird thing happens (related to 3 above) with central midfielders only. If a player scores some 6s at the start of a season, this doesn't seem to affect their star rating (form is temporary, class is permanent, etc) *but* when their average rating hits precisely 6.60-6.80, they go from being eg a 4-5 star player down to a 2-star player. This weirdly means they usually take a tumble down my squad rankings after getting a better player rating in a game, eg if they score an 8 after two 6s and go up from 6.00 average rating to 6.66, that seems to trigger a collapse in their rating, while staying on 6.00 doesn't.

7) Player relationships - minor one, but it would be really handy if, when a player's Standing is 'Unpopular', you could see which player(s) didn't like him! Otherwise I'm trying to repair squad relationships by clicking on every single player til I find the one who doesn't like my star player (which is weird when the only one who dislikes him is a youth player away on loan, but hey).

8) Player happiness - here's an odd one: I have a world-class striker, I buy a new teenage midfielder, and my superstar says they're worried I'm trying to replace them. Odd.

9) Board/player happiness about league position: maybe this reflects the real world, but I've found it strange when you're a point behind the leaders, you've got four games in hand, but your board and players are disappointed because they hoped you'd challenge for the title. I know that 'scoreboard pressure' counts, and they're bound to be twitchy if the pressure's on us to win our games in hand, but they seem to have written us off when we're overwhelming favourites to win. Especially frustrating earlier in the season if I've got a 100% record and games in hand on the top team.

10) a few glitches I think other people have identified - player roles seeming not to 'stick' after I change them, even mid-match which affects tactics

11) finally, another one on player ratings: one bit of realism I don't get to do is bring on late substitutions to help wrap-up a game, without affecting their overall reputations. The problem is that a player who plays 90 minutes and gets a 10 rating, then the next game comes on for 1 minute at the end (or gets injured in the first minute) and gets a 6, then averages 8.00, which seems harsh. Isn't there a way of weighting player ratings by how many minutes they actually played? As it stands I don't really want to bring on substitutes when it'll bring their ratings down.

Anyway, don't take this as a whinge - I love the rest of the game! Keep up the great work and I'm already excited about the revamp for next year.

Edited by devonchris

• SI Staff

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated - 

3) Player ratings seem harsh on defensive players, especially defensive central midfielders. Arguably this reflects reality (how often do defensive players win the Ballon d'Or...?) but it seems almost impossible for a DMC to get more than 7 unless they score a goal. Surely when Declan Rice neutralises Real Madrid at the Bernabeu for a clean sheet, making twice as many tackles as anyone else, that deserves at least an 8?

This is indeed intentional as these ratings to reflect the ones in real-life and sadly real-life supporters tend to under-appreciate certain players and positions, do bear in mind that the game itself doesn't use the 'raw' ratings for player development and internally biases things accordingly (so for example a hard working defensive midfielder who breaks up attacks but never scores won't develop slowly just because his ratings might be lower than his attacking midfield colleague who gets more assists etc.).

5) Minor point, but the squad selection seems to have got slightly less user-friendly between FM23 and FM24 - I used to be able to click next to each player to instantly assign them, now I have to click 'confirm' every time, which doubles the time taken to select a team. Likewise I have to tap on the player's position, go into the separate screen and deselect them, again clicking 'confirm', rather than just deselect them with one click.

We're collating feedback on this and will bear it in mind when we move forward - just to mention you can still drag and drop player positions around as before if you want to avoid the pop-up page.

The idea of the new page was that it'd be slightly friendlier for new users, but we also obviously hope that everyone finds it usable so the more feedback we get the more we can tune and improve things.

7) Player relationships - minor one, but it would be really handy if, when a player's Standing is 'Unpopular', you could see which player(s) didn't like him! Otherwise I'm trying to repair squad relationships by clicking on every single player til I find the one who doesn't like my star player (which is weird when the only one who dislikes him is a youth player away on loan, but hey).

That's a fair point - I'll have a think about that - pop-up dialog perhaps showing all the people who like and dislike him?

8) Player happiness - here's an odd one: I have a world-class striker, I buy a new teenage midfielder, and my superstar says they're worried I'm trying to replace them. Odd.

If you get anything like this please send me in a save game and I'll take a look ... this should only occur if the incoming youngster is 'hot' and confident enough that he's making waves ... for instance 'Palmer' when he was at Manchester City was rumoured to have been ambitious to get into the first team, with good cause to come extent .. that is the sort of player who might unsettle first team players even if they're very good and established.
PS - I'm guessing you're buying players who you feel will be great one day, if they're driven and/or ambitious (or unprofessional) then they're more likely to cause waves ...

11) finally, another one on player ratings: one bit of realism I don't get to do is bring on late substitutions to help wrap-up a game, without affecting their overall reputations. The problem is that a player who plays 90 minutes and gets a 10 rating, then the next game comes on for 1 minute at the end (or gets injured in the first minute) and gets a 6, then averages 8.00, which seems harsh. Isn't there a way of weighting player ratings by how many minutes they actually played? As it stands I don't really want to bring on substitutes when it'll bring their ratings down.

I'll have a think about this ..

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated - 

This is indeed intentional as these ratings to reflect the ones in real-life and sadly real-life supporters tend to under-appreciate certain players and positions, do bear in mind that the game itself doesn't use the 'raw' ratings for player development and internally biases things accordingly (so for example a hard working defensive midfielder who breaks up attacks but never scores won't develop slowly just because his ratings might be lower than his attacking midfield colleague who gets more assists etc.).

We're collating feedback on this and will bear it in mind when we move forward - just to mention you can still drag and drop player positions around as before if you want to avoid the pop-up page.

The idea of the new page was that it'd be slightly friendlier for new users, but we also obviously hope that everyone finds it usable so the more feedback we get the more we can tune and improve things.

That's a fair point - I'll have a think about that - pop-up dialog perhaps showing all the people who like and dislike him?

If you get anything like this please send me in a save game and I'll take a look ... this should only occur if the incoming youngster is 'hot' and confident enough that he's making waves ... for instance 'Palmer' when he was at Manchester City was rumoured to have been ambitious to get into the first team, with good cause to come extent .. that is the sort of player who might unsettle first team players even if they're very good and established.
PS - I'm guessing you're buying players who you feel will be great one day, if they're driven and/or ambitious (or unprofessional) then they're more likely to cause waves ...

I'll have a think about this ..

Thank you so much for the replies @Marc Vaughan. I love how seriously you guys take user feedback - it's what makes this the best game ever made. I'm not just saying that cos it's you! I've been playing since CM92 and never been disappointed.

On 16/11/2023 at 12:48, devonchris said:

I really love this game. The only issues are ones that have recurred throughout the last few years:

1) VAR checks - there's a persistent (and I think well-known) bug which removes all tension: if a player scores, you know immediately if VAR will rule it out because the score changes back again immediately (eg it goes from 0-0 to 1-0 but then straightaway it's 0-0 again, so the VAR check animation is a bit redundant). 

2) While it's been improved, there's a still a 'last impression counts' bug in the player ratings calculations. In a score draw (eg 2-2, 3-3), for example, players will score much, much higher if they came from behind than if they blew a lead. It gets sillier if the team wins comfortably but concedes a late consolation goal - the team who scored last in a 1-5 defeat will often get player ratings just as good as the winning team.

4) I've never managed to fully enjoy international management in FM because of the injury issue. Obviously injuries happen and teams can be really unlucky, but the problem is that I'll select a squad, and several players might get injured between the squad selection and the match, with no opportunity to replace them. In reality, international squads are allowed to replace injured players until shortly before a match or tournament. So far I've never had a realistic experience in a tournament because I can never keep a full starting 11 in the knockout stages.

6) On the squad screen, you can select players by stars for current/potential ability. This is a neat shortcut (and it would be really handy if you could do it in your international squad - as it is, trying to sort by stars just randomises the list). However, a weird thing happens (related to 3 above) with central midfielders only. If a player scores some 6s at the start of a season, this doesn't seem to affect their star rating (form is temporary, class is permanent, etc) *but* when their average rating hits precisely 6.60-6.80, they go from being eg a 4-5 star player down to a 2-star player. This weirdly means they usually take a tumble down my squad rankings after getting a better player rating in a game, eg if they score an 8 after two 6s and go up from 6.00 average rating to 6.66, that seems to trigger a collapse in their rating, while staying on 6.00 doesn't.

9) Board/player happiness about league position: maybe this reflects the real world, but I've found it strange when you're a point behind the leaders, you've got four games in hand, but your board and players are disappointed because they hoped you'd challenge for the title. I know that 'scoreboard pressure' counts, and they're bound to be twitchy if the pressure's on us to win our games in hand, but they seem to have written us off when we're overwhelming favourites to win. Especially frustrating earlier in the season if I've got a 100% record and games in hand on the top team.

10) a few glitches I think other people have identified - player roles seeming not to 'stick' after I change them, even mid-match which affects tactics

Anyway, don't take this as a whinge - I love the rest of the game! Keep up the great work and I'm already excited about the revamp for next year.

Agree with most of this. The VAR thing is a bit of an irritant as it's a feature that could add a lot. You just know already the foul was outside the box or it was offside and are waiting for animation to finish.

Also scoring from corners is not an incisive breakaway! 

In reality they are minor quibbles in otherwise another good game. I can always tell a good FM/CM game on the basis of has the save got me doodling my lineups  in a dull meeting/ classroom and this is a firm yes.

I too will sadly have to stay with fm23. I don't want to sign up for Netflix and was very disappointed that I couldn't purchase it as I have done over the years.

Please release it for purchase.  I while away many dull moments on fm and it keeps me out of bothers:onmehead:

Hello guys!! I had the chance to try the new version and I must say, from what I experienced with the game and despite the Netflix complications , it is probably the best FMM yet, both in terms of its match engine and all the gameplay options it has to offer.

One thing that I am really curious about and I would like to understand about the game is.. for e.g. FMMM2023 had the Juventus' license and 90% of the club's players had their pictures in-game. FMM2024 has the Juventus license and none of its players has any picture. As a Juventus fan I was let down to find this and all the difficulties to import custom pictures into the game. Can you clarify why this happens?

Also, and still regarding licenses, since SI has the licenses for the A teams (for e.g. FC Porto, SL Benfica, Sporting CP and Juventus), why aren't the B teams (FC Porto B, SL Benfica B, Sporting CP B and Juventus Next Gen also licensed? I noticed a specific case (still in the italian Serie A) where this is true with Atalanta. Both Atalanta and its B team are licensed with the appropriate logo. Although the correct name for the B team would be Atalanta U23 and not Atalanta B.

Another question I have trouble understanding is why has Paul Pogba been removed from the game entirely? Despite his doping ban, he has not retired from the game and is, in fact, preparing an appeal against the decision.

I am really curious to understand what is the reasoning behind this. And, are you planning to bring back the Documents folder feature that allowed for an easier way to import player pictures and such?

A prettier game with more pictures would make it even better.

Hi,

Haven’t played this since the iPad versions stopped but free with my Netflix sub so couldn’t resist.

6 months into season so far and enjoying it, everything feels clunky on iPad but assume this is because it’s all been made for a small mobile screen size.

Only bug I’ve noticed so far is contract negotiations, they aren’t negotiating at all, I just get stone wall wage request from players and they never budge. It’s the amount they ask for or no new contract! I’m assuming that it hasn’t been designed that way?