*Official* Football Manager 2024 Mobile Feedback Thread

2 hours ago, scwiffy said:

Hi,

Haven’t played this since the iPad versions stopped but free with my Netflix sub so couldn’t resist.

6 months into season so far and enjoying it, everything feels clunky on iPad but assume this is because it’s all been made for a small mobile screen size.

Only bug I’ve noticed so far is contract negotiations, they aren’t negotiating at all, I just get stone wall wage request from players and they never budge. It’s the amount they ask for or no new contract! I’m assuming that it hasn’t been designed that way?

We have had reports in relation to transfers and these are being looked into. I'd advise you to log these in the bug tracker too so we can ensure that all instances are looked at.

On 20/11/2023 at 12:34, jPKroniK said:

I have trouble understanding is why has Paul Pogba been removed from the game entirely? Despite his doping ban, he has not retired from the game and is, in fact, preparing an appeal against the decision.

Players or officials serving indefinite suspensions from football, for any reason, are removed from Football Manager at the first opportunity. When suspensions or playing restrictions are lifted, the player or official will be reinstated in-game at the next scheduled update.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 19/11/2023 at 14:04, ade c said:

I too will sadly have to stay with fm23. I don't want to sign up for Netflix and was very disappointed that I couldn't purchase it as I have done over the years.

Please release it for purchase.  I while away many dull moments on fm and it keeps me out of bothers:onmehead:

Appreciate the feedback but this won't be possible for FM24 Mobile.

Is it normal for a sufficiently small or obscure club to have no youth intake at all and to have no scout and be unable to find any scout interested in the job?

right now I’m in season two with no scout and placing an ad or offering to senior players has come up empty.  it’s the Japanese third division, if that matters. 

thanks

4 horas atrás, Dan Sheppard disse:

We have had reports in relation to transfers and these are being looked into. I'd advise you to log these in the bug tracker too so we can ensure that all instances are looked at.

Players or officials serving indefinite suspensions from football, for any reason, are removed from Football Manager at the first opportunity. When suspensions or playing restrictions are lifted, the player or official will be reinstated in-game at the next scheduled update.

Thanks for the repply regarding Paul Pogba @Dan Sheppard! Can you please also shed some light regarding the pictures of players from licensed teams, as well as the B team licenses that I have mentioned? Thank you!

• SI Staff
19 hours ago, jPKroniK said:

Thanks for the repply regarding Paul Pogba @Dan Sheppard! Can you please also shed some light regarding the pictures of players from licensed teams, as well as the B team licenses that I have mentioned? Thank you!

Where possible we put player photos into the game - these are dependent upon us having the appropriate licenses, licensor approval and such.

We're not able to give a full insight into such things as far as 'why is player x present/not present' I'm afraid because it'd be incredibly boring, long winded and involve a lot of legal information ... please just trust us in that we'd love every player and club in the game to have badges, images etc. ... but that this isn't always feasible, either for legal reasons or simply because we haven't been supplied approved assets at this time.

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, Clamego said:
I installed fm2024 through netflix, I was already in 2028 and suddenly I opened the application and no recorded game appeared,

A fix is incoming for this as a handful of users have reported issues in this area, sorry for any inconvenience - it should (all being well) be with you by the weekend.

I dont know if im the only one but is normal that we try to buy one player that costs like 14M and they always ask like 30M or 40M and depends some asks even more. But if i liste one player nobody wants him or offer even lower that he is value even he is doing a great season. 

21 horas atrás, Marc Vaughan disse:

Where possible we put player photos into the game - these are dependent upon us having the appropriate licenses, licensor approval and such.

We're not able to give a full insight into such things as far as 'why is player x present/not present' I'm afraid because it'd be incredibly boring, long winded and involve a lot of legal information ... please just trust us in that we'd love every player and club in the game to have badges, images etc. ... but that this isn't always feasible, either for legal reasons or simply because we haven't been supplied approved assets at this time.

Thanks for the repply @Marc Vaughan ! It is an honour to have a direct repply from a legend as yourself. Regarding the questions, I will take your word for it and I believe you guys strive in order to have every possible license in your game. What triggered my curiosity was the Atalanta B license and the other 4 big portuguese teams and Juventus not having any. With regards to the graphics folder that was previously accessible for users to customise their games, are there any plans to make it available again at the Documents folder on our mobile devices? Or will it stay the same until the end of the year?

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, jPKroniK said:

Thanks for the repply @Marc Vaughan ! It is an honour to have a direct repply from a legend as yourself. Regarding the questions, I will take your word for it and I believe you guys strive in order to have every possible license in your game. What triggered my curiosity was the Atalanta B license and the other 4 big portuguese teams and Juventus not having any. With regards to the graphics folder that was previously accessible for users to customise their games, are there any plans to make it available again at the Documents folder on our mobile devices? Or will it stay the same until the end of the year?

Ok as I mentioned previously I'm not the 'best' person to go into minutae in this regard because I don't do anything with licensing apart from help put the assets we recieve into the game, with regards to B-teams and such, in some cases around the world an additional license agreement might be required to use specific B-team assets and it is possible that might not always be in place.

With regards to the graphics folder and accessibility of save games etc. - we try to allow people access to the files they save and use within the game, however some operating systems such as Android have unique bespoke file systems and might store things in a different place depending on the variant you're using, because of the way file access is undertaken on Android some areas can be incredibly slow for access and we try and balance this with exposing peoples data to themselves.

(its something we will obviously look to improve as time goes on, but mobile OS's are cracking down more and more upon file access in order to prevent malicious apps/virus's from affecting applications adversely)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

We've just released a Major Update for Mobile. This comes with a whole host of changes that can be seen in the thread below:

Will this update work with current saves? Or do we have to make a new save? 

On 23/11/2023 at 18:17, Jonas. said:

I dont know if im the only one but is normal that we try to buy one player that costs like 14M and they always ask like 30M or 40M and depends some asks even more. But if i liste one player nobody wants him or offer even lower that he is value even he is doing a great season. 

It's just like bargaining in real life:

"You think you really want this? Let's see how much you want it!"

On the other hand, if you wanna get rid of something you don't need, it's so normal if other parties expect that you would lower the price, or at least not mark it up too high.

14 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

We've just released a Major Update for Mobile. This comes with a whole host of changes that can be seen in the thread below:

Is there any chance that you guys have plan to give us Player Instructions?

Or has it always been like this for mobile version?

On 23/11/2023 at 06:17, Jonas. said:

Very true. Like real life.  But unlike real life, I have no idea of the market value of a player.  I had a goal keeper who wanted out after I got relegated.  His value in his profile went from $1m+ to 40k.  I got offered 200k.  Based on ‘value’ that seems great.  I pushed it up to a bit more, but after the sale his value now shows $1m+ again.  Thats all fair, but in the game I have no idea, whether by a news item or advice from staff, of what he might fetch on the market so I have no idea how to approach negotiations.  I also don’t have a way to see his past value (I just happen to remember).  Common sense wouldn’t have me counter a 200k offer with $1.5m, but in real life I would have some idea of what he might actually fetch.  Some way of providing the player with some guidance there would be very welcome, because in real life a manager or sporting director would never enter a negotiation without that information.  

thanks

@Marc Vaughan

Regarding the new update, I noticed that Joseph Nonge Boende (one of Juventus' hottest youngsters) has disappeared from the Database. He featured in the original database and I ask you to put him back at Juventus' B team (Juventus Next Gen or Zebre U23 in-game) with the next update. Also, I ask if you could possibly place Dikeni Salifou, Riccardo Stivanello and Samuele Damiani (players on-loan to Juventus in-game) in the B team, as they are playing with Juventus Next Gen. Finally, Gian Marco Crespi signed for Juventus B team as a free agent after the transfer deadline. But he features as a free agent in the game. Can you put him in Juventus' B team as well? Thank you so much for taking the time to read our comments and for striving for the best possible game! I am really enjoying this year's FM and I hope you can deliver us an even better game in the future. Thank you! Screenshot_20231209_175906_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.248f116561f2c2474d89d910223e947e.jpgScreenshot_20231209_174453_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.ee7c36c4ba3a0752c92f6a12fa5e5a72.jpgScreenshot_20231209_174459_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.277e88442db64f6c8bee1674b24319a8.jpgScreenshot_20231209_174729_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.d6fbc3fd89bc33479368f15793b23fc4.jpg

1. When I started playing the game I used to get the pop ups for players getting a knock, or keepers joint set pieces.  I realize I don’t get them anymore; I noticed when I had a player on a hat trick and was awarded a pen and I wasn’t asked whether he should take it.  If there is an option for this, I can’t find it!

2. I don’t think this is unique to this year, but it can be very frustrating when you aren’t given your transfer budget until well after the window opens.  In my most season, it was two weeks into the window!  Players I scouted have all moved or signed new contracts while I had no money to do anything.  Is that by design?

thanks!

• SI Staff
On 12/12/2023 at 14:37, darthcraven said:

1. When I started playing the game I used to get the pop ups for players getting a knock, or keepers joint set pieces.  I realize I don’t get them anymore; I noticed when I had a player on a hat trick and was awarded a pen and I wasn’t asked whether he should take it.  If there is an option for this, I can’t find it!

2. I don’t think this is unique to this year, but it can be very frustrating when you aren’t given your transfer budget until well after the window opens.  In my most season, it was two weeks into the window!  Players I scouted have all moved or signed new contracts while I had no money to do anything.  Is that by design?

thanks!

1. There is a toggle in the match settings "Interactive match events" that you may have accidentally turned off? That toggle is on all of the pop ups too. 

2.  Yes this is by design

4 hours ago, Tom Kraft said:

1. There is a toggle in the match settings "Interactive match events" that you may have accidentally turned off? That toggle is on all of the pop ups too. 

2.  Yes this is by design

1. I will look for this

2. sneaky devils!  Is this more likely with smaller clubs that big ones?  Or when your finances aren’t too secure?  Clever…

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ChorleyFM said:

Just lost my latest save that I only saved 2 hours ago - instead the only save i can find is from 4 weeks ago. Can you help at all @Marc Vaughan @Dan Sheppard please ? 

We don't currently have a fix for this but are working hard at trying to resolve it. Some steps you can try are within this thread but this isn't guaranteed to work.

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, ChorleyFM said:

Just lost my latest save that I only saved 2 hours ago - instead the only save i can find is from 4 weeks ago. Can you help at all @Marc Vaughan @Dan Sheppard please ? 

Would you mind indicating whether you were relying upon an automatic save (ie. when you exit or background the app) or had manually saved, also some details about your device and the game you're using (ie. is it updated to the latest version) would be helpful - we've had a handful of such reports, but unfortunately relatively little detail regarding peoples circumstances which is vital in us being able to ascertain the cause and fix it.

I’m finding an issue with rearranged fixtures.

I’m into my third season playing as Rangers in SPL. Due to European fixtures domestic games have been rescheduled and I now have two Old Firm matches scheduled to play one day after the other. I noticed Celtic have 3 games in 3 days !! (Two old firms and one European) These are the most dramatic examples but I’ve also had other matches where there’s only been one day in between games. I have not been arranging any friendlies during the season so it’s just been standard fixtures.

As a separate side note, in every version I can recall of FM Old Firm matches regularly aren’t ‘equal’ during a league season re home and away. In real life, for league old firm matches, Rangers and Celtic will both have two old firm games at home and two away….anything else would lead to uproar given they are regularly the top two teams in spl. But in FM it can often be one old firm team has 3 at home and just 1 away. I would hope this could be easily fixed for future versions ?

Em 09/12/2023 em 18:02, jPKroniK disse:

@Marc Vaughan

Regarding the new update, I noticed that Joseph Nonge Boende (one of Juventus' hottest youngsters) has disappeared from the Database. He featured in the original database and I ask you to put him back at Juventus' B team (Juventus Next Gen or Zebre U23 in-game) with the next update. Also, I ask if you could possibly place Dikeni Salifou, Riccardo Stivanello and Samuele Damiani (players on-loan to Juventus in-game) in the B team, as they are playing with Juventus Next Gen. Finally, Gian Marco Crespi signed for Juventus B team as a free agent after the transfer deadline. But he features as a free agent in the game. Can you put him in Juventus' B team as well? Thank you so much for taking the time to read our comments and for striving for the best possible game! I am really enjoying this year's FM and I hope you can deliver us an even better game in the future. Thank you! Screenshot_20231209_175906_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.248f116561f2c2474d89d910223e947e.jpgScreenshot_20231209_174453_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.ee7c36c4ba3a0752c92f6a12fa5e5a72.jpgScreenshot_20231209_174459_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.277e88442db64f6c8bee1674b24319a8.jpgScreenshot_20231209_174729_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.d6fbc3fd89bc33479368f15793b23fc4.jpg

Hello everyone! Happy new Year!! Sorry for bothering with this issue again, but just to underline my petition for Joseph Nonge Boende to be reinstated in the game, the player has just made his official debut for the Juventus' first team and is already labelled the new Paul Pogba for his impressive performance and skills in just 15 minutes of action.

You can read about it here:

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/nonge-makes-his-first-team-debut

Edited by jPKroniK
typo

On 04/01/2024 at 14:12, Marc Vaughan said:

Would you mind indicating whether you were relying upon an automatic save (ie. when you exit or background the app) or had manually saved, also some details about your device and the game you're using (ie. is it updated to the latest version) would be helpful - we've had a handful of such reports, but unfortunately relatively little detail regarding peoples circumstances which is vital in us being able to ascertain the cause and fix it.

Thanks @Marc Vaughan, I always manual save maybe twice a session, & always before I exit. It’s on the latest version 15.1.1, on latest software iPhone. Was season 2029/30 as Leyton Orient in the championship. 

5 minutes ago, ChorleyFM said:

Thanks @Marc Vaughan, I always manual save maybe twice a session, & always before I exit. It’s on the latest version 15.1.1, on latest software iPhone. Was season 2029/30 as Leyton Orient in the championship. 

Saving to iCloud rather than to device. 

• SI Staff
On 05/01/2024 at 18:30, ChorleyFM said:

Saving to iCloud rather than to device. 

Ok - is there any chance you switched netflix account or to a different user profile within that netflix account?

(as each account and profile will have a different save game area - this is simply how Netflix enforce save games operating on their games)

21 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Ok - is there any chance you switched netflix account or to a different user profile within that netflix account?

(as each account and profile will have a different save game area - this is simply how Netflix enforce save games operating on their games)

No, it’s always been my own Netflix account. 

• SI Staff
19 hours ago, ChorleyFM said:

No, it’s always been my own Netflix account. 

Ok and no other profiles within it that might have been accessed? (for instance my Netlifx has me, my daughters each have their own profile within it (sorry if I seem to be asking similar questions I'm just trying to nail down as far as possible to ensure we get a fix on what might be happening and can resolve things), Also is it possible that you might have gone 'offline' on the device for some reason at some point to cause the cloud saves to not display (ie. travelled on a train or plane while playing etc.) .. this should obviously be possible and work seamlessly, but I'm wondering if someone its causes an issue if it occurred (as it has to sync the saves up to the cloud as appropriate afterwards) - hence the question.

• 4 weeks later...

My first feedback post. Great game as always. It seems harder to me, especially in the lower leagues. Boards seem to be more demanding than ever and give you less time. It’s harder to sign good players on the cheap. They stick out for everything even those with no club! I like new features such as the match hub stuff. I should probably study it more carefully! I like the touches offering extra immersion such as cup holders hoping to retain their titles etc. 

I did have one difficulty though. Sheffield Wednesday had dropped down from the Championship to League Two in successive seasons but still had most of their first team squad on Championship pay meaning that the wage bill was ten times the budget. I took the job as a challenge in November of the season. Objectives were to lower wage bill and get a mid table finish. I managed the finish with my Championship players but it was impossible to sort out the finances. Couldn’t shift anywhere near enough players even with me and the administrator putting most of the squad up for sale and then I started getting blamed unfairly for the whole mess and called insolent for whatever reason, so I left. I suspect that there aren’t enough teams chasing players from some relegated clubs.. Most players would take a salary drop to stay in the same division wouldn’t they? But I don’t think the offers are coming in so they stay bankrupting some clubs.

• SI Staff
On 03/02/2024 at 11:31, Vane said:

My first feedback post. Great game as always. It seems harder to me, especially in the lower leagues. Boards seem to be more demanding than ever and give you less time. It’s harder to sign good players on the cheap. They stick out for everything even those with no club! I like new features such as the match hub stuff. I should probably study it more carefully! I like the touches offering extra immersion such as cup holders hoping to retain their titles etc. 

I did have one difficulty though. Sheffield Wednesday had dropped down from the Championship to League Two in successive seasons but still had most of their first team squad on Championship pay meaning that the wage bill was ten times the budget. I took the job as a challenge in November of the season. Objectives were to lower wage bill and get a mid table finish. I managed the finish with my Championship players but it was impossible to sort out the finances. Couldn’t shift anywhere near enough players even with me and the administrator putting most of the squad up for sale and then I started getting blamed unfairly for the whole mess and called insolent for whatever reason, so I left. I suspect that there aren’t enough teams chasing players from some relegated clubs.. Most players would take a salary drop to stay in the same division wouldn’t they? But I don’t think the offers are coming in so they stay bankrupting some clubs.

Firstly I'm glad you're enjoying the game - that is always the most important thing from my perspective :D

Can you chuck me a copy of that save where you're struggling to sell players and I can take a look and see what I think.

In reality though many clubs have suffered from this in the past as they fall through the divisions - from a players perspective if they have a fat salary guarenteed for several years why should they accept less to move clubs? (or to put it another way would you take a 50% pay cut to move jobs because your employer was unhappy if you knew they'd keep paying you regardless of your workrate if you remained there).

For real-life examples of clubs who have struggled in this manner in the past think about Leeds a decade or so ago, Sunderland etc. ... long-term contracts seem sensible in the short-term, however if a club gets relegated then they have inherent risks to them.

(if the wages aren't overly inflated and the players aren't old, and are good enough to play at that level then you might be correct - if as I suspect the players aren't all that great or are on inflated wages or old then I'm afraid its acting as expected and as would be realistic)

On 11/02/2024 at 15:13, Marc Vaughan said:

Firstly I'm glad you're enjoying the game - that is always the most important thing from my perspective :D

Can you chuck me a copy of that save where you're struggling to sell players and I can take a look and see what I think.

In reality though many clubs have suffered from this in the past as they fall through the divisions - from a players perspective if they have a fat salary guarenteed for several years why should they accept less to move clubs? (or to put it another way would you take a 50% pay cut to move jobs because your employer was unhappy if you knew they'd keep paying you regardless of your workrate if you remained there).

For real-life examples of clubs who have struggled in this manner in the past think about Leeds a decade or so ago, Sunderland etc. ... long-term contracts seem sensible in the short-term, however if a club gets relegated then they have inherent risks to them.

(if the wages aren't overly inflated and the players aren't old, and are good enough to play at that level then you might be correct - if as I suspect the players aren't all that great or are on inflated wages or old then I'm afraid its acting as expected and as would be realistic)

Sorry Marc, I forgot to check back. I’ve left Sheffield Wednesday but I can see that they’re still languishing at the bottom of League Two with several Championship salary players. I’ll send you the save anyway so you can check things out.

Edit. If you saw strange minutes from an ADEPT meeting in 2016 then that was me fumbling around with your iCloud system. Struggling to find any FMM files in my iCloud though.

Edit. @Marc Vaughan Finally sorted it. What a faff! File with Bournemouth career uploaded on 18 Feb at 14.07. File name is: vane_fmm_save_1.fms

Sheffield Wednesday in League Two are beyond bankrupt with many players still on Championship level wages after successive relegations, as discussed.

Edited by Vane

• SI Staff
On 20/02/2024 at 07:18, olearaa said:

Hi, am I being stupid or is there no way to see my actual club balance sheet? I can see how much my budgets are. But I like to number crunch.

Managers in real-life don't get to see company finances and so you can't in the game either - tbh in real-life football club finances are REALLY complicated with them actually being split into multiple corporate entities for various reasons and so it would be wholly unrealistic to present a simple profit/loss style accounting within the game.

On 17/02/2024 at 18:30, Vane said:

Sorry Marc, I forgot to check back. I’ve left Sheffield Wednesday but I can see that they’re still languishing at the bottom of League Two with several Championship salary players. I’ll send you the save anyway so you can check things out.

Edit. If you saw strange minutes from an ADEPT meeting in 2016 then that was me fumbling around with your iCloud system. Struggling to find any FMM files in my iCloud though.

Edit. @Marc Vaughan Finally sorted it. What a faff! File with Bournemouth career uploaded on 18 Feb at 14.07. File name is: vane_fmm_save_1.fms

Sheffield Wednesday in League Two are beyond bankrupt with many players still on Championship level wages after successive relegations, as discussed.

I’ve been checking back on Wednesday who are now in the 29/30 season and they seem to be sorting themselves out. I was manager for 26/27.  Nearly all the contracts of those players on big salaries have ended and they’ve been let go. Only two players are now on salaries over £10k and they’ll be gone at the end of the 30/31 season. The rest are capped at £3.3k. The finances have improved from bankrupt to insecure. So the game’s financial system is robust and clubs can recover. My issue is that I was starting to be blamed for the earlier mess and from the bad vibes I was getting from the board/administrators, wouldn’t have been allowed to see things through to the recovery. Not to worry though, I'm doing well with Bournemouth in the Championship and should be in with a shout for promotion.

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, Vane said:

My issue is that I was starting to be blamed for the earlier mess and from the bad vibes I was getting from the board/administrators, wouldn’t have been allowed to see things through to the recovery. Not to worry though, I'm doing well with Bournemouth in the Championship and should be in with a shout for promotion.

Sadly this happens in real-life also where the board make a hash of things and then blame the manager for being unable to move on the deadwood or sell players who are happy sitting on huge contracts etc. ... its a very difficult situation to succeed in, both in the game and irl.

FYI: All shortlists made in older versions are going to break in the latest version.

It's actually a good thing, as shortlists should work properly from now on - rather than only working if the database version and leagues loaded are an exact match to the save the shortlist was created in. However the price for this is that any shortlists created in the older versions won't work with this one.

Technical explanation: Shortlists now work using the player's unique ID (UID) which persists across any save / database version, rather than from their ID/record number which changes depending on which leagues are loaded etc.

Edited by StephenCronin

Em 09/12/2023 em 18:02, jPKroniK disse:

@Marc Vaughan

Dear @Mark Vaughan ,

First of all, let me thank both you and the entire team involved in the latest update. I messed around with the game and found a few nitpicks I would like to point out. Maybe they can be "sorted" in a further update.

Regarding Juventus (my favourite team), I straight away noticed the latest omission of Joseph Nonge Boende once again. Which is a shame since he is one of Juventus' hottest prospects along with Samuel Iling (his ingame name should be Samuel Iling-Junior by the way), Livano Comenencia and Luis Hasa.

I was sad to see that Carlo Pinsoglio was also excluded from the latest database. He is not only a Juventus fan, but also one of the senators of the team, having come through the youth ranks and an underrated gem of a person. He really keeps the locker room together through difficult times.

Fabio Miretti was downgraded  (which is understandable), but his favourite childhood club is Juventus.

Nicolò Fagioli and Hans Nicolussi Caviglia are also Juventus fans since childhood.

Federico Gatti is a Torino supporter.

Mattia Perin is an AS Roma childhood supporter and not a Latina fan.

Timothy Weah and Weston McKennie are best friends in real life. But that's not a big deal.

The inclusion of Paul Pogba is a great move for fans of the game. Even despite his doping ban.. He is still one of the best midfielders around.

I noticed that Dean Huijsen has AS Roma as his favourite club which is strange. He never ever mentioned what his favourite club is. But that's not a big deal.

The players on loan playing for Juventus Next Gen (Zebre B) such as Stivanello, Damiani, Stramaccioni, Salifou are still unable to be moved to the "reserve team". Maybe list them as "Zebre B" players with future transfers to their parent clubs would sort that out.

Now to the other teams:

Federico Redondo (Fernando Redondo's son) is playing for Inter Miami with Messi & Co. He is not at Argentinos Jrs anymore. Maybe place a future transfer on his contract.

Parthenope's (S.S.C. Napoli) current manager is Francesco Calzona (Slovakia's manager) after Walter Mazzari was sacked.

U.S. Sassuolo's current manager is Davide Ballardini (appointed today) as Alessio Dionisi was sacked on 25 February.

Regarding Olympique de Marseille, Gennaro Gattuso was also sacked. Jean-Louis Gasset is the current manager since 20 February.

Sorry for the long text. Don't get me wrong about the items I have listed here. I have read the patch notes and it's pretty clear the whole team worked very hard for this update's release. Some of the staff changes that I mentioned happened just recently. I really appreciate your efforts in bringing us the best soccer manager simulation.

Thank you.Screenshot_20240301_195501_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.35fb101e1ba2286d6a52e9c2b4fc3ddd.jpg

Screenshot_20240301_195519_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.997e76bc122b036f30cbc129ffc88528.jpg

Screenshot_20240301_195038_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.63f002675bf1e055989d81db553a9808.jpgScreenshot_20240301_194855_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.adb0b96738b1e5c544c8167a88b57410.jpgScreenshot_20240301_194608_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.fb1ace7c2fccf414a61146464112b079.jpgScreenshot_20240301_194404_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.62cf623d58cf962a366a9de850c3b09a.jpg

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, jPKroniK said:

Dear @Mark Vaughan ,

First of all, let me thank both you and the entire team involved in the latest update. I messed around with the game and found a few nitpicks I would like to point out. Maybe they can be "sorted" in a further update.

Thanks for the detailed feedback - I'll make sure its passed along to the research team (sadly us developers don't get trusted to do the research ourselves, otherwise Brighton would be slightly better in the game ;) ).

48 minutos atrás, Marc Vaughan disse:

Thanks for the detailed feedback - I'll make sure its passed along to the research team (sadly us developers don't get trusted to do the research ourselves, otherwise Brighton would be slightly better in the game ;) ).

Thanks @Mark Vaughan !!

I really appreciate that you take the time to read all our suggestions. Even if sometimes they might sound as negative. In my personal case, I've been playing your games since CM2 and I just can't get the same fun with any other football management sims. Thank you so much!!

P.S. I have been following a little of Brighton lately. I love De Zerbi and the way his teams play with the ball. I wish Brighton all the best for the PL 💪🏻😉

I’m a lapsed long term player of CM/FM and picked up FM24 mobile after seeing it on Netflix.

I’ve been playing it on an iPad but found it a little frustrating tbh, sorry;

- scrolling is a little painful on player lists, it’s hard to stop it where you want as it often sails right past.

- team selection is laborious. I’m used to clicking a slot and a player which was nice and simple. Here it just takes too long and becomes a chore.

- I don’t really feel as if my tactics had much impact on games. Maybe they were bad tactics 😁 It just felt a little random as to what happened.

- the core metric for me has always been player ratings, including average rating over the seasons. This latter one seems a little buried when you’re trying to assess a new player for purchase. 

For me, I think a football management sim on mobile or tablet has to be quite simple to be fun to play. Anything with depth requires a PC, a mouse and a keyboard.

I tried to get into FM24 mobile but I just got a little bit bored though I’m probably not the target demographic anymore 😬

Edited by Elmariachi23

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, Elmariachi23 said:

I’ve been playing it on an iPad but found it a little frustrating tbh, sorry;
- scrolling is a little painful on player lists, it’s hard to stop it where you want as it often sails right past.

I don't wholly disagree with this and long-term its something we hope to improve by moving to a new UI system (the current one isn't fantastic with scrolling which is why the game minimizes that).

- team selection is laborious. I’m used to clicking a slot and a player which was nice and simple. Here it just takes too long and becomes a chore.

This was changed last year as it was felt it would be easier for new users, feedback upon it how people feel about the new system is very useful so thanks for that.

- I don’t really feel as if my tactics had much impact on games. Maybe they were bad tactics 😁 It just felt a little random as to what happened.

I'm surprised by that - but obviously its your opinion and as such valid, if you want to share your save then I'd be happy to take a look.

- the core metric for me has always been player ratings, including average rating over the seasons. This latter one seems a little buried when you’re trying to assess a new player for purchase. 

For me, I think a football management sim on mobile or tablet has to be quite simple to be fun to play. Anything with depth requires a PC, a mouse and a keyboard.

I tried to get into FM24 mobile but I just got a little bit bored though I’m probably not the target demographic anymore 😬

We try very hard to hit the balance and keep the game fast and simple to play but allow people to have depth in it if they decide they want to look around - I realize its not your cup of tea, but I do appreciate your feedback and I'll mull it over as we work upon future versions of the app.

Hi Marc. Thanks for taking the time to reply, really appreciate the fact that you responded - I can’t think there are many who would be as publicly engaged as that :)

I’m a bit of an old duffer who still plays CM01/02 occasionally and that probably reflects in my taste for a simple experience - I just don’t have much time to dedicate to gaming.

Good luck with the tweaks anyway.

• SI Staff
22 hours ago, Elmariachi23 said:

I’m a bit of an old duffer who still plays CM01/02 occasionally and that probably reflects in my taste for a simple experience - I just don’t have much time to dedicate to gaming.

Heh as an old duffer who helped make CM01-02 I'm happy to speak to you :)

(with FMM btw a lot of the more 'complex' stuff is designed to be ignorable - for instance you can turn team-talks off in preferences, but on a simpler note if you just leave it at defaults it simply acts in the same way it did before the game had them (ie. a talk is done with a neutral mood). The idea of the game is that everyone can play the way they want, as fast or as slow ... hence it has complexity and isn't 'dumbed down' for when you have the time to browse and take things in, but equally if you want to blast through a season you can :)

I'll stick at it and hope to see you back again one day :)

On 02/03/2024 at 01:59, jPKroniK said:

Dear @Mark Vaughan ,

Regarding Juventus (my favourite team), I straight away noticed the latest omission of Joseph Nonge Boende once again. Which is a shame since he is one of Juventus' hottest prospects along with Samuel Iling (his ingame name should be Samuel Iling-Junior by the way), Livano Comenencia and Luis Hasa.

I was sad to see that Carlo Pinsoglio was also excluded from the latest database. He is not only a Juventus fan, but also one of the senators of the team, having come through the youth ranks and an underrated gem of a person. He really keeps the locker room together through difficult times.

Fabio Miretti was downgraded  (which is understandable), but his favourite childhood club is Juventus.

Nicolò Fagioli and Hans Nicolussi Caviglia are also Juventus fans since childhood.

Federico Gatti is a Torino supporter.

Mattia Perin is an AS Roma childhood supporter and not a Latina fan.

Timothy Weah and Weston McKennie are best friends in real life. But that's not a big deal.

The inclusion of Paul Pogba is a great move for fans of the game. Even despite his doping ban.. He is still one of the best midfielders around.

I noticed that Dean Huijsen has AS Roma as his favourite club which is strange. He never ever mentioned what his favourite club is. But that's not a big deal.

The players on loan playing for Juventus Next Gen (Zebre B) such as Stivanello, Damiani, Stramaccioni, Salifou are still unable to be moved to the "reserve team". Maybe list them as "Zebre B" players with future transfers to their parent clubs would sort that out.

Now to the other teams:

Federico Redondo (Fernando Redondo's son) is playing for Inter Miami with Messi & Co. He is not at Argentinos Jrs anymore. Maybe place a future transfer on his contract.

Parthenope's (S.S.C. Napoli) current manager is Francesco Calzona (Slovakia's manager) after Walter Mazzari was sacked.

U.S. Sassuolo's current manager is Davide Ballardini (appointed today) as Alessio Dionisi was sacked on 25 February.

Regarding Olympique de Marseille, Gennaro Gattuso was also sacked. Jean-Louis Gasset is the current manager since 20 February.

Sorry for the long text. Don't get me wrong about the items I have listed here. I have read the patch notes and it's pretty clear the whole team worked very hard for this update's release. Some of the staff changes that I mentioned happened just recently. I really appreciate your efforts in bringing us the best soccer manager simulation.

Thank you.Screenshot_20240301_195501_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.35fb101e1ba2286d6a52e9c2b4fc3ddd.jpg

Screenshot_20240301_195519_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.997e76bc122b036f30cbc129ffc88528.jpg

Screenshot_20240301_195038_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.63f002675bf1e055989d81db553a9808.jpgScreenshot_20240301_194855_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.adb0b96738b1e5c544c8167a88b57410.jpgScreenshot_20240301_194608_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.fb1ace7c2fccf414a61146464112b079.jpgScreenshot_20240301_194404_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.62cf623d58cf962a366a9de850c3b09a.jpg

I like your details and justification.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
3 hours ago, Kinas2505 said:

Please fix award manager of year league & world

I'll take a look into this, although (as always) any assistance that users can give will help us track down oddities and race conditions - for instance a save game from your save just before that award was given out would be a huge help.