FM23 Performance Benchmarking Thread

13 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

As others have mentioned, its drop in but definitely make sure you have updated your BIOS. Easier to do on the current CPU unless you have BIOS FlashBack function on the board. The newest BIOS MSI have available for your board will be sure to support the 5900X. 

Upgrading your board would offer some advantages. Better VRMs, PCIe improvements, more NVMe slots, probably more USB connections. You would be making full use of the graphics card you have because the board only has PCIe generation 3 and a 6700XT uses PCIe generation 4. Is that worth the cost and effort of a B550 board and the swap? No absolute answer on that, but like Bigpole says, the CPU alone will offer significant performance gains. 

One other factor to consider...  the 5900X is a 142 watt CPU, which will run hotter than what you have. Make sure you have decent CPU cooling. 

I understand your points but i think i'm satisfied with the current setup so i didnt want to proceed with a complete new set up.
I was thinking to keep it low for the time being by only replacing the CPU and then in the future maybe replace the M/B etc.

So my question really is if replacing just the CPU with this M/B etc is ok, performance wise.

Edited by stonini90

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, stonini90 said:

I understand your points but i think i'm satisfied with the current setup so i didnt want to proceed with a complete new set up.
I was thinking to keep it low for the time being by only replacing the CPU and then in the future maybe replace the M/B etc.

So my question really is if replacing just the CPU with this M/B etc is ok, performance wise.

• Multiple people already gave you the answer.
  • 1. You'd gain 30 sec per week in FM, at most. You don't use the pc really enough to notice the PCI, nvme or usb upgrade.
  • 2. You don't have to do it for better ram speeds in this game, as this game doesn't care about that.
  • 3. Davinchi resolve is gpu-intensive. It doesn't care that much about your cpu. So. If you earn your money with Davinchi, I'd just upgrade the MB, CPU and actually, most importantly, a much better GPU if you do earn money with editing. Otherwise, If you wanna gain as much with just a cpu upgrade, go to the cpu support page of your bios manufacturer and check the best supported bios (I guess the 5950x).  The data would advise you btw to update to a 5800x3d (if you play other games) or 5900.

Conclusion, I wouldn't pay $400 for a cpu upgrade to gain 30 sec in a game if I don't play other games or need it for work.

Edited by Jolyon Chen
More data

So sad that Intel has - according to bios manufacturers - cancelled Intel Digital Linear Voltage Regulator. 20% better power management just went down the bin, and was cancelled very late into production. Now that Meteor Lake looks for desktop looks delayed to 2024 or even cancelled, a AM5 mobo would for the 3D 7000s at least looks better for FM as the temp issues will remain. I'm still buying the 13900ks as I have a z690 already, but I wouldn't advise it purely for this game anymore.

If anyone wants me to benchmark the difference between a 12900ks and 12900k/13900k here, or wants me to benchmark everything before getting the 13900ks,  let me know.

Edited by Jolyon Chen

Type: Desktop

Model: DIY build

CPU Model: Intel Core i5-4690

CPU Base Frequency: 3.50 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.90 GHz

RAM: 16GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2133Mhz

GPU: AMD Sapphire R9 270 2GB

Graphics Level in 3D: High

Benchmark 1: 01 min 50 Sec

Benchmark 2: 06 min 49 Sec

Benchmark 3: 12 min 09 Sec

Benchmark 4: n/a

Model: Custom

CPU Model: Ryzen 5 7600

CPU Base Frequency: 4.7 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 5.3 GHz

RAM: 32 GB

RAM Clockspeed: 5600 Mhz

GPU: Radeon RX 6600 8GB

Benchmark 1: 00 min 38 Sec

Benchmark 2: 01 min 43 Sec

Benchmark 3: 05 min 21 Sec

Benchmark 4: xx min xx Sec

*DDR5 RAM, so the latency is a tad higher, so pure comparisons with DDR4 isn't as straight forward (or so I'm lead to believe)

Brand new build, very happy with the timings. Less than half the time vs my old 2014 build.

kindpng_5574618.thumb.png.7e68d04f6b1a35c59b87bd846838b1c0.png

Second Post fully updated and split into Laptop/Desktop to view scores at a glance.

Full results with more in depth computer specs can be viewed on the spreadsheet

Big thanks again to all who have tested so far especially those with lower specs as its quite an undertaking in terms of time.  :thup:

Edited by Brother Ben

21 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

kindpng_5574618.thumb.png.7e68d04f6b1a35c59b87bd846838b1c0.png

Second Post fully updated and split into Laptop/Desktop to view scores at a glance.

Full results with more in depth computer specs can be viewed on the spreadsheet

Big thanks again to all who have tested so far especially those with lower specs as its quite an undertaking in terms of time.  :thup:

Brilliant work, thanks brother Ben

I use desktop i5-6500, 8GB of 2400Mhz DDR3 RAM and HDD 7200RPM (pretty defragmented) where the game files are installed. 90K players with default detail.

I have to say processing is much slower than FM21 that I played just a week ago.

2 hours ago, Konfuchie said:

I use desktop i5-6500, 8GB of 2400Mhz DDR3 RAM and HDD 7200RPM (pretty defragmented) where the game files are installed. 90K players with default detail.

I have to say processing is much slower than FM21 that I played just a week ago.

Its hard to definitively say whether it is slower without maybe holidaying a full season on each but even then there are a lot of variables

18 hours ago, gothenburg83 said:

Well said - thanks Brother Ben and all who have contributed their benchmarks......certainly helped me when I did my upgrade a year or so ago!

I totally agree with you as it helped me alot on what my next setup was going to its not totally finished yet but almost there. I was looking for something with a strong single core performance and that's where this forum came in very handy. That's why i went with the i5 12600k, i was going to get the i7 12700k but thought the i5 12600k was more than enough as Football manager 2023 uses the E-cores as well in heavy cpu usage scenarios, like when you have many leagues on and with high detail level set and that is what i like going for the top 7 nations. Sso thanks everyone who contributes to this forum as it really does help people with an overall idea of what they want their next setup to be. It can be very useful. 

Type: Tablet

Model: Huawei Matebook E 2017

CPU Model: Intel i5 - 7Y54

CPU Base Frequency: 1.20 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.20 GHz

RAM: 4GB

RAM Clockspeed: 1600Mhz

GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 615

Graphics Level in 3D: Low

Benchmark 1: 02 min 58 Sec

Benchmark 2: xx min xx Sec

Benchmark 3: xx min xx Sec

Type: Laptop

Model: HP ENVY 17

CPU Model: Intel - i7 - 4710MQ

CPU Base Frequency: 2.50 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.50 GHz

RAM: 16GB

RAM Clockspeed: 1600Mhz

GPU: Nvidia 840m

Graphics Level in 3D: Low

Benchmark 1: 01 min 43 Sec

Benchmark 2: 06 min 01 Sec

Benchmark 3: 14 min 29 Sec

Edited by Brother Ben

Type: Desktop

Model: MSI Trident AS

CPU Model: 10700F

CPU Base Frequency: 2.90 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.80 GHz

RAM Clock Speed: 2666Mhz

GPU: MSI 1080

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Benchmark 1: 1 minute & 2 seconds

Benchmark 2: 2 minutes & 32 seconds

Benchmark 3: 8 minutes & 43 seconds

Benchmark 4: 26 minutes & 16 seconds

Model: Legion 5i Pro

CPU Model: i7-2700H

CPU Base Frequency: 2.30 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.70 GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR5

RAM Clockspeed: -

GPU: GeForce GTX 3070 TI

Benchmark 1: 01 min 02 Sec

Benchmark 2: 02 min 12 Sec

Benchmark 3: 10 min 51 Sec

@Brother Ben PS: I fixed the problem I tagged you about last week.

Anyway, hope you hit 100 this year.

CPU Model: 13900KS

CPU Base Frequency: 3.20 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 6.0 GHz

RAM: 132GB

RAM Clockspeed: 4000Mhz

GPU: AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Benchmark 1: 36 sec

Benchmark 2: 1 min 09 sec

Benchmark 3: 5 min 23 sec

Benchmark 4: 10 min 30  Sec

Stock bios settings upped the voltage like a lunatic in a new special mode called EPD for the 13900k, so disable that if you play like benchmark 4.

10 hours ago, Jolyon Chen said:

@Brother Ben PS: I fixed the problem I tagged you about last week.

Anyway, hope you hit 100 this year.

CPU Model: 13900KS

CPU Turbo Frequency: 6.0 GHz

RAM: 132GB

RAM Clockspeed: 4000Mhz

GPU: AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Benchmark 1: 36 sec

Benchmark 2: 1 min 09 sec

Benchmark 3: 5 min 23 sec

Benchmark 4: 10 min 30  Sec

Stock bios settings upped the voltage like a lunatic in a new special mode called EPD for the 13900k, so disable that if you play like benchmark 4.

Thats good mate.  Great times too, 6.0GHz is insane!

Intersting that the R9 7950X is slightly ahead of the two i9-13900KS that have been tested so far as most benchmarks in other software suggest it should be the other way around. 

Edited by Brother Ben

1. FM is one of 1% of games that uses all cores past 8 in that specific scenario like Bench 4, even though the rest of the game is single threaded.
  2. The Intel and Windows thread schedulers and their poorer performance with Ryzen helps Intel in all most all other test scenarios. Whether it's intentional, I'll leave to you.
  3. Simulator games that are well coded is a very niche market (even most FM players don't ever play like benchmark 4), and everyone is way too busy nowadays, most people just go on Reddit or ask that one tech-savvy friend for a CPU, almost nobody tests things themselves for free for their specific scenario like we here do.
  4. Benchmarkers are 99% clickbait, scripted or don't benchmarks simulation games with very specific scenarios.
  5. Intel is running behind again in development and removed that voltage regulator into the bios that could make 13000s more efficient, so they couldn't push the chip further in our specific bench 4 load. Most people won't notice or need this.

These reasons make Ryzen 9 better for well coded multi-core simulation games a quite unknown secret.

Sources in spoilers;

Edited by Jolyon Chen

Model: Custom

CPU Model: i3-8100

CPU Base Frequency: 3.60 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: no

RAM: 24GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2400Mhz

GPU: nVidia GeForce RTX3060Ti

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Benchmark 1: 1 min 36 sec

Benchmark 2: 7 min 02 sec

Benchmark 3: xx min xx sec

Benchmark 4: xx min xx sec

Edited by Gaikins

3 hours ago, Jolyon Chen said:
  1. FM is one of 1% of games that uses all cores past 8 in that specific scenario like Bench 4, even though the rest of the game is single threaded.
  2. The Intel and Windows thread schedulers and their poorer performance with Ryzen helps Intel in all most all other test scenarios. Whether it's intentional, I'll leave to you.
  3. Simulator games that are well coded is a very niche market (even most FM players don't ever play like benchmark 4), and everyone is way too busy nowadays, most people just go on Reddit or ask that one tech-savvy friend for a CPU, almost nobody tests things themselves for free for their specific scenario like we here do.
  4. Benchmarkers are 99% clickbait, scripted or don't benchmarks simulation games with very specific scenarios.
  5. Intel is running behind again in development and removed that voltage regulator into the bios that could make 13000s more efficient, so they couldn't push the chip further in our specific bench 4 load. Most people won't notice or need this.

These reasons make Ryzen 9 better for well coded multi-core simulation games a quite unknown secret.

Sources in spoilers;

Thanks for that, really interesting stuff    :thup:

CPU Model: Ryzen 7900x

CPU Base Frequency: 4.70 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 5.60 GHz

RAM:64GB

RAM Clockspeed: 6200 MT/s

GPU: Radeon 6700 10G

Graphics Level in 3D: High

Benchmark 1: 37 Sec

Benchmark 2: 1 min 14 Sec

Benchmark 3: 5 min 10 Sec

Benchmark 4: 11 min 00 Sec

Recently upgraded the PC from a 4790k, and it's a very nice improvement (slightly overclocked, that one did 11:47 in benchmark 3). Happy with the results, and I have a feeling the RAM speed might be fairly important - the Kingston 64Gb set I have has XMP speed of 5600 CL40, but since it's Hynix M it can be overclocked essentially up to the Ryzen memory controller limit - so I got mine to 6200 CL32 (with other secondary timings also slightly improved). That dropped the benchmark 3 from 5:18 to 5:10, and bench 4 from 11:42 to 11:00 (although I can't remember if I ran the non-overclocked bench in this case after a game restart or not) .

That's another thing I noticed is that closing and re-starting the game has quite a serious effect though - the first run always seems slightly faster than subsequent runs. 

Also I'm running my CPU in the 105W eco mode, mostly so the fans stay nice and quiet... might be a few more seconds to gain by removing that limit, but also... maybe not. Might try testing that at some point.

5 hours ago, kaihu said:

That's another thing I noticed is that closing and re-starting the game has quite a serious effect though - the first run always seems slightly faster than subsequent runs. 

A few other people have said the same thing.  It shows that there is value in restarting your computer before you play FM.  I've not noticed any difference on my Mac but it's a definite thing on my other Windows devices.

On 22/11/2022 at 15:31, Wheatie said:

I'm considering getting the same laptop as you I think for Black Friday, how are you enjoying the laptop so far?

Are you planning to do Benchmark 3 as well?

Making assumption givin his 1 and 2 times are similar to mine. I’d estimate 8-9 minutes like mine was with a 10700F (desktop)

On 06/01/2023 at 23:44, amclaw said:

CPU Model: Ryzen 5 7600

CPU Base Frequency: 4.7 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 5.3 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 5600 Mhz

GPU: Radeon RX 6600 8GB

Benchmark 1: 00 min 38 Sec

Benchmark 2: 01 min 43 Sec

Benchmark 3: 05 min 21 Sec

*DDR5 RAM, so the latency is a tad higher, so pure comparisons with DDR4 isn't as straight forward (or so I'm lead to believe)

Brand new build, very happy with the timings. Less than half the time vs my old 2014 build.

Would you care to do benchmark 4 if you ever have the time. Curious on how it compares to the 7900 as they posted roughly the same benchmark 3 time

Changelist 23.2.2

- Stability and crash fixes, including some users being unable to process past specific in-game dates or encountering problems when attempting to load saves
- Improvements to performance in game, including game start up time and increasing rate of processing speed in some situations between days
- Changes to game performance during matches
- Removed additional game border that would appear instead of Macbook notch for users running on recent models of M1 Macs
- Fix for set piece delivery aim instruction sometimes becoming unavailable

I have the impression that the simulation is actually faster

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X

CPU Base Frequency: 4.70 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 5.60 GHz

RAM: DDR5 16GB x 2

RAM Clockspeed: 6000Mhz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080

Benchmark 1: 37 Sec

Benchmark 2: 01 min 16 Sec

Benchmark 3: 05 min 08 Sec

Benchmark 4: 11 min 39 Sec

***with my Asus motherboard , PBO enhancement is ON, and thermal limit on CPU is 70 degree , based on https://edgeup.asus.com/2022/control-the-temps-of-your-amd-ryzen-7000-series-cpu-with-asus-exclusive-pbo-enhancement/ website multi core performance reduce around 3%***

Graph showing that PBO enhancement sets temperature limits for the AMD Ryzen 9 7950X CPU without significantly changing performance at levels 1 and 2, and at level 30 only reduces performance by about 3.5%

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

I'll rerun my benchmarks to check

In general cases I wouldln't expect much difference, iirc it was more some saves hit a bug that caused them to slowdown

Three benchmarks from me...I'm having a look at all my computers and deciding whether now is the time to upgrade.

Thanks for this thread, it's great. It looks like a M1 or M2 laptop is in my future.

--

Model: Mac Mini

CPU Model: M1

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.20 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 4266Mhz

GPU: M1 7 Core Apple

Benchmark 1: 43 Sec

Benchmark 2: 02 min 22 Sec

Benchmark 3: 06 min 28 Sec

Benchmark 4: 25 min 47 Sec

--

Model: Self-build

CPU Model: i9-9900k

CPU Base Frequency: 3.60 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 5.00 GHz

RAM: 32GB

RAM Clockspeed: 3200Mhz

GPU: 1080

Benchmark 1: 59 Sec

Benchmark 2: 02 min 17 Sec

Benchmark 3: xx min xx Sec

Benchmark 4: xx min xx Sec

--

Type: Laptop

Model: Lenovo Thinkpad T480s

CPU Model: i7-8550u

CPU Base Frequency: 1.80 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.00 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 2400Mhz

GPU: none

Graphics Level in 3D: [not sure]

Benchmark 1: 1 min 57 plugged in, 2 min 28 on battery

Benchmark 2: 07 min 44 Sec plugged in, 07 min 48 on battery

...I'm afraid this laptop was pretty shot-out thermally by the time I got round to running benchmark 2...looks like it's time to upgrade away from it for FM and simply use it for surfing the web / doing Excel from now on

In case of interest to others, I have been looking at the correlations between the tests that have run here and generic CPU benchmarks.

Correlations between Geekbench and the test scores here for all posted benchmarks )from the M1 apple silicon and faster) were as follows:

Test 1 - 0.851 to Geekbench single-thread, 0.602 to Geekbench multi-thread

Test 2 - 0.792 to Geekbench single-thread, 0.888 to Geekbench multi-thread

Test 3 - 0.798 to Geekbench single-thread, 0.886 to Geekbench multi-thread

Test 4 - 0.930 to Geekbench single-thread, 0.936 to Geekbench multi-thread

I looked at Passmark also but Geekbench has higher correlations.

At first glance this runs against the idea that FM puts heavy single-thread loads on the CPU without much parallelisation. Having said that I ran some real-world benchmarks across my three computers using my current save (10 leagues loaded, detail turned down) and test 1 was a better predictor of real-world performance than tests 2, 3 or 4.

Flagging this here because I can't figure out whether I think a M1 Pro Macbook Pro or a M2 Macbook Air would be faster for playing FM in the real world. They cost about the same now that the new M2 Pro Macbook Pros have come out (January 2023) - and I think for FM performance they might be about the same - although before I had looked at any numbers I would have guessed the M1 Pro was faster. Now I have looked at the numbers I think the 10 core model might be, I'm less sure about the 8 core model.

In case of interest, Geekbench benchmarks for macbooks and various other computers are as follows (can you tell I can't figure out which one I want to buy yet! LOL)

M1 Macbook Air - 1,707 single, 7,427 multi

M2 Macbook Air - 1,893 single, 8,739 multi

M1 Pro (8 core) Macbook Pro 14 - 1,731 single, 9,543 multi

M1 Pro (10 core) Macbook Pro 14 - 1,737 single, 12,039 multi

M2 Pro (10 core) Macbook Pro 14  - 1,958 single, 12,077 multi

M2 Pro (12 core) Macbook Pro 14 - 1,964 single, 15,116 multi

i9-13900K (fastest CPU available today) - 2,237 single, 25,374 multi

i9-9900k (CPU on my desktop built in 2019, fastest available then, how times change) - 1,304 single, 8,472 multi

Edited by squirrel_plays_fm

A big thanks for this, really interesting stuff.

21 hours ago, squirrel_plays_fm said:

M1 Macbook Air - 1,707 single, 7,427 multi

i9-9900k (CPU on my desktop built in 2019, fastest available then, how times change) - 1,304 single, 8,472 multi

I can't believe how close the two above are.  Within 2 years there was a mobile processor released, in a fanless 13 inches no less, that has similar performance to intels flagship CPU.  I realise that thermals are an issue and prohibit direct comparison but its still pretty amazing. 

Edited by Brother Ben

Yep, can confirm FM play on (1) a 9900k 32gb desktop - pretty much the top of the range self-build PC possible in 2019 is noticeably slower than (2) a M1 mac mini. A pretty wild result.

Here's a 'real world' FM23 example...I holidayed through the January transfer window (28 Dec to 25 January) on my save which is in the Greek first division about 12 seasons in with about 10 leagues loaded and around 100,000 players in database. Detail turned down where possible.

Same starting point on each computer. M1 Mac Mini took 8 mins 40. 9900k desktop took 11 mins 22. T480s laptop took 19 mins 11 plugged in. I didn't bother doing it unplugged on the T480s as I expect based on other tests I had done it would have been >25 minutes.

And now after the new computer is here. Base spec M2 Pro Macbook Pro, 10 core 16 / 512

Model: Macbook Pro 14, on battery

CPU Model: M2 Pro (10 core)

CPU Base Frequency: 2.4 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.6 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 6400Mhz

GPU: M2 16 core GPU Apple

Benchmark 1: 37 Sec

Benchmark 2: 01 min 41 Sec

Benchmark 3: 05 min 33 Sec

Benchmark 4: 18 min 19 Sec

Edited by squirrel_plays_fm

Some of these benchmarks look rather like AMD/Intel fanboyism has replaced actual time measurement tbf.

I've been doing benchmarks across a 5800X3D, 13400 & 7600X at home and will also do the incoming 13700K replacement for the 13400, there's typically a 2-3 second difference when multiple runs are done each day on each machine, sometimes as much as 10 seconds on any given day the reasons for which I'm trying to understand but some of the times submitted herein are dubious to anyone with a brain. Not gonna name and shame, but it IS clear as day.

Shame really. I was looking forward to sharing once I had the second rig updated to 13700K to test too but it seems pointless where some folks are plain ol' making it up as they go along.

On 29/01/2023 at 01:53, EdL said:

In general cases I wouldln't expect much difference, iirc it was more some saves hit a bug that caused them to slowdown

Would this be where task manager shows an extra process under FM called crash monitor or something similar despite there being no actual crash?

I've had a couple of tests run longer but noticed the extra process under fm.exe in TM.

Decided to run a few tests on Benchmarks 1 and 2 as there was an update to see if it changed anything.

My original scores were based on "real world" scenarios where I had all my usual stuff also open like Chrome and background apps etc.  

The new scores were done with "best case" scenarios where I shut down all background apps and only the bare essentials were running.

Original Score Run 1 Run 2 Run 3 Run 4
Benchmark 1 0:57.00 0:58.39 0:52.49 0:52.11 0:51.99
Benchmark 2 2:11.00 2:02.67 2:01.95 2:03.31 2:03.12

I am quite puzzled by the fairly significant drop between Run1 and Run 2 on Benchmark 1. The only difference between Run 1 and Run 2 was that Run 1 I started FM23 and loaded the benchmark as opposed to just reloading Run's 2-4

Run 4 on benchmark 2 was to check the loading fresh scenario like Run 1 was on Benchmark 1 but there was no difference between Runs 1-4 quite as big as that one in Benchmark 1.

The drops between the Original Sores and the new score could be down to shutting off excess apps and processes but there was nothing I did differently between Run 1 and 2 on Benchmark 1 apart from the loading process :confused:

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon said:

Would this be where task manager shows an extra process under FM called crash monitor or something similar despite there being no actual crash?

I've had a couple of tests run longer but noticed the extra process under fm.exe in TM.

no, that is expected, the crash reporter is there in case the game crashes

Hello. I dont have the FM 2023 yet but wil buy in a few days when I have more time. I just tested the FM 2021 with my new processor and something was very interesting.  ( Sorry I post it in the 2023 thread.. )

13700K  (Stock)

32GB Ram

SSD

1080 ti

Benchmark A    1  Minute  11 Seconds

Benchmark B    5 Minutes  24 Seconds

Benchmark C    7 Minutes   0 Seconds

CPU Temperature was 99 C. Try to undervolt and set a power limit.

With a Power Limit of 150 Watt i had those results:

Benchmark A     1 Minute   10  Seconds

Benchmark B     5 Minutes  23 Seconds

Benchmark C     6 Minutes  54 Seconds

Only Benchmark C was about 95 C, A and B between 70 and 75 C

As I will receive the FM 2023 I will test it with stock and Power Limit. But i was surprised that the Power Limit made a better Performance ...

Edited by Carsten 75

22 hours ago, Carsten 75 said:

Hello. I dont have the FM 2023 yet but wil buy in a few days when I have more time. I just tested the FM 2021 with my new processor and something was very interesting.  ( Sorry I post it in the 2023 thread.. )

13700K  (Stock)

32GB Ram

SSD

1080 ti

Benchmark A    1  Minute  11 Seconds

Benchmark B    5 Minutes  24 Seconds

Benchmark C    7 Minutes   0 Seconds

CPU Temperature was 99 C. Try to undervolt and set a power limit.

With a Power Limit of 150 Watt i had those results:

Benchmark A     1 Minute   10  Seconds

Benchmark B     5 Minutes  23 Seconds

Benchmark C     6 Minutes  54 Seconds

Only Benchmark C was about 95 C, A and B between 70 and 75 C

As I will receive the FM 2023 I will test it with stock and Power Limit. But i was surprised that the Power Limit made a better Performance ...

Those times seem very off you should be getting much better times than that with that cpu but saying that it was 2021 version and i haven't seen a 12th or 13th gen on that so it might be a lot quicker on 2023

Edited by JamieTC13

vor 6 Stunden schrieb JamieTC13:

Those times seem very off you should be getting much better times than that with that cpu but saying that it was 2021 version and i haven't seen a 12th or 13th gen on that so it might be a lot quicker on 2023

Thank you for your answer Jamie! I thought the time for Benchmark b was Not so Bad? ( Quickest in the list)  But maybe you are right. I tested the Intel Benchmark and only got 9848 Points ..

Edited by Carsten 75

I just received the FM 2023 and here are my results

CPU  13700 K   (5,5 ghz Turbo mod )

RAM   32 GB 5600

Grafik  1080 ti

nvme SSD

Benchmark a                          36 seconds

Benchmark b            1 min  14 seconds

Benchmark c             5 min   1 second

Benchmark d           11 min  10 seconds

I will undervolt and set a Powerlimit of 150-180 because the temperature is getting very high. 

How do people feel these specs will fare for loading all nations and all leagues with a large database?  The number of players come out to 188,500K.  I am not worried about longer processing times, as I am a slower paced players, but at the same time I don't want an unbearable crawl either.  I just started a new save, so it's not too late to start again, but this IS my ideal setup.  

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 8.29.19 PM.png

В 08.02.2023 в 04:32, psucolonel сказал:

How do people feel these specs will fare for loading all nations and all leagues with a large database?  The number of players come out to 188,500K.  I am not worried about longer processing times, as I am a slower paced players, but at the same time I don't want an unbearable crawl either.  I just started a new save, so it's not too late to start again, but this IS my ideal setup.  

It's mobile Intel Core i9-9980H/HK (8 cores / 16 threads, 2.5 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo).
Should be as fast as desktop i7-9700K - so about 9 min (test3), 30 min (test4) expected.
OK for Default details (test3), but seems a wee bit slow for Full details (test4). A few minutes on the game days with Full.

Edited by Gaikins

Last year had to buy a new laptop and this thread help me quite a lot to decide, so made the benchmark in case I can help anyone.

Model: MSI Prestige 15 A12UD

CPU Model: Intel i7-1280P

CPU Base Frequency: 2GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency:  (don't know this one)

RAM: 32GB

RAM Clockspeed:  4256 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 Ti

Benchmark 1: 0:50

Benchmark 2: 2:07

Benchmark 3: 7:03

Benchmark 4: 23:30

CPU Model: Intel I5-12600K (10 cores- 16 threads)

CPU Base Frequency: 3.70 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 5.0 GHz

RAM: 16GB ddr4

RAM Clockspeed: 2996Mhz

GPU: RX570

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Benchmark 1: 00 min 44 Sec

Benchmark 2: 01 min 51 Sec

Benchmark 3: 06 min 00 Sec

Benchmark 4: 17 min 44 Sec