FM23 Liverpool FC: I'm so glad Jurgen is a red

Staf9

Liverpool F.C.

RLPKZ0s.jpg

Welcome to the FM23 Liverpool thread! Liverpool Football Club is a professional football club playing in the Premier Division, the top tier of English football.

LIVERPOOL FC LEGENDS (SET 4) MAGNETS X10 | eBay

Club Honors:

• League Champions (19) - 1901, 1906, 1922, 1923, 1947, 1964, 1966, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2020
  • Champions League Winners (6) - 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005, 2019
  • EURO Cup Winners (3) - 1973, 1976, 2001
  • FA Cup Winners (7) - 1965, 1974, 1986, 1989, 1992, 2001, 2006, 2022
  • League Cup Winners (8) - 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1995, 2001, 2003, 2012, 2022
  • European Super Cup Winners (3) - 1977, 2001, 2005, 2019
  • Community Shield Winners (15) - 1964, 1965, 1966, 1974, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1989, 1990, 2001, 2006
Edited by Staf9

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging from the start of this season there is plenty of work to do to rebuild the team. far too many injury prone players (IRL) we start off with an ok budget of 42m. 

i'll add in a list of potential U18 players who could be targeted long term if people want it

28 minutes ago, Blinklys said:

I will probably disable the first transfer windows as I always do. But a rebuild is needed!

usually do this as well. and will probably start the full save this way. bit easier with the world cup breaking up the season. can hopefully build up some players values for January sales to allow for more funds to improve the team

1 minute ago, krisdonna said:

Got like £86 million for Thiago & Keita.  Barella seems available for £45 million, which is a bargain imo.

i think thiago is the one i would really push to keep.. at the moment i would be thinking of trying to sell Hendo, Fabinho, Keita, Ox, Milner asap. 

Joao Gomes seems like a decent option for a new DM

Just now, Staf9 said:

i think thiago is the one i would really push to keep.. at the moment i would be thinking of trying to sell Hendo, Fabinho, Keita, Ox, Milner asap. 

Joao Gomes seems like a decent option for a new DM

Used to love Thiago in previous FM's but he is too injury prone last years. Fabinho might be the only one to stay. Might get 2 new cm's or one cm and one dm(probably a young talent) straight away.

Caceido might slide in as he looks Godlike this years FM.

there are also loads of good young Brazilian and Portuguese midfielders who could turn out brilliant in the game/

following well worth checking

Rafael Luis, Joao Veloso, Joao Neves, Dario Essugo, Danilo (SEP), Joao Gomes (FLA)

Looking at the squad, GK and Defence looks ok. Though i am looking at CD reinforcements in 2nd season. Gomez injury prone but good English backup. A good backup right back would be nice too. Ramsey lacks defensive stats even though hes young.

Upfront we could do with a backup for Salah, i dont rate Elliot for that role, too slow bad stam and natural fitness. Might look for another striker after first season too, Firmino isnt getting any younger.

Nunez need major work on his first touch, passing, technique and decisions.

Carvalho's attributes and PA arent great, will be a backup at best.

Midfield is our real problem.

Keita and Ox, average, injury prone and 1 year left on contract.

Milner great mentor, 1 year on contract, backup at best.

Hendo getting on in years but great mentor and useful for a few seasons as backup.

Thiago, great player but injury prone, high wages and getting older.

Fabinho is still great (in game anyway, rela life atm is rather oof) for a good number of years.

Jones is too slow for the wing imo, so better for CM, has good offensive attributes which can improve. Right now is a backup player. Stamina and natural fitness could do with improving is going for a high intensity tactic.

Elliot is very similar to Jones, too slow for the wing imo, so better for CM, has good offensive attributes which can improve. Right now is a backup player. Stamina and natural fitness could do with improving is going for a high intensity tactic.

In the first window its possible to sell Keita to city for £43m, and Thiago to PSG for £52m. Good prices for injury prone players in first window. Keita only has 1 year left on contract too.

Possible signing are Bellingham, can be got for £30 upfront and £75m over 3 years. Rice, Caicedo, Kone and Camavinga are also possible first window signings. Can get a couple with good use of installments.

Of course you could move TAA to CM and buy a good right back instead. I may try for Livramento in season 2.

5 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Got like £86 million for Thiago & Keita.  Barella seems available for £45 million, which is a bargain imo.

There’s something wrong with the game if you can get so much money for an ageing Thiago and soon to be out of contract Keita. 

I usually start each edition of FM with a 'big team' game, a soft start while getting used to it and the fun of managing an out of the box good side. I normally wouldn't touch Liverpool - a bit too good, basically - but their league form this season has convinced me to give them a go. Ordinarily, I'd do Arsenal, however they're top of the league and for me, that's nosebleed territory.

Early impressions are that this is still a hell of a squad, with some hefty caveats. There's isn't so much that needs updating instantly - I have spent the bulk of my transfer budget on James Justin, as cover for Trent - but some long-term concerns. Big summer signing Darwin Nunez doesn't look as brilliant as perhaps he once did, however time is on his side, and there's Firmino to make up the shortfall up-front.

Five injured players at the start of the game. Alisson should be back for the start of the campaign, which is good because Kelleher is also out and I don't think Adrian is nearly good enough. Diogo Jota is a big miss until the end of August/early September, while Curtis Jones won't be around for much of the pre-World Cup part of the season, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain even longer term. Where the Ox is concerned, I think he's a good player, albeit one that needs wrapping up in cotton wool and used sparingly at the best of times, which is a shame because I rate him. 

I'm going to sell Nathan Phillips (not good enough) if I can, and loan out Fabio Carvalho (don't think he's quite up to the standard yet, but I don't really mind if he ends up staying and putting in the occasional appearance). I've made an offer for Andreas Schjelderup of FC Nordsjaelland, an 18 year old Norwegian left-winger who might be a slight update on Carvalho and will become homegrown over time.

Longer term, there are some oldies who will need to be replaced eventually. The obvious one is Boring Milner, still fine and flexible, and incredibly high standards for a 36 year old (there can't be many players in the game who have lasted at the top level since Football Manager 2005 - Ronaldo, Ibrar, etc), but I'm unlikely to extend his contract. Jordan Henderson is on the verge of his stud years, and some of Pool's biggest stars elsewhere are on the wrong side of 30. The really big job will be to replace Mo Salah at some point, but not something I've got to worry about for a little while yet. I'm happy to arrange a new deal for Bobby Firmino, part of a desperate effort to keep the gang together maybe, as I sense the squad is haunted by that Mane-sized vacuum. 

The board wants Champions League qualification, which should be attainable with a team of this sheer quality. Injuries over the course of the year are a concern however, and I have to rely on my innate tendency to rotate the squad in order to minimise players having lengthy periods of time out. As always with Liverpool, the backroom staff - especially coaches - is excellent, and I hope the Academy maintains its reputation for churning out talent. While they have enough qualifying players to enter a full Champions League squad, the number who qualify as 'trained at club' homegrown is at the bare minimum (Kelleher, Jones, Gomez, Trent, with Elliott joining the cohort next summer), and generally I'd like the situation to improve. 

Anyway, the game looks good, something of a glorified update on 22, and I like the Squad Planner screen as a kind of whiteboard tool. Hope you're all enjoying it!

Edited by Tee2

i've done a number of new starts to see how the youth turn out. definitely some potential in there. 

Ben Doak - high potential player but as with most of our youth a lot of random stats which will vary save to save. if these come up decent we have a first team player on our hands

Stefan Bajcetic - is set as Natural CB and accomplished DM, think he should be a Natural DM as well. has good stats (few random) if you get him at the higher end of his PA with the important Determination stat high he can be a quality player as his main stats are all good. 

Kaide Gordon - v good Potential on the game. anywhere form mid to high PA and he will be a decent squad player to develop.

Calvin Ramsey - stats are good. couple on random starting stats. again if these are at least mid range 8-12 he will be a capable back up RB 

Bobby Clark - another with a good potential range. again relying on his random stats to turn out decent but if so another very good player is in there to develop. 

for selling players to raise funds for buys in window 1. only really Keita is sellable and not on every save,. had a couple where no bids came in or he refused to move and wanted to see out his contract. generally you will get 40m for him from City

i havent managed to sell thiago like others. he has alway gotten annoyed when i offered him out. tried selling Tsimikas as i can get a LB replacement for les than 10m but no joy there either. so i may turn off the window and see if i can get Keita and Ox on new deal so i can sell them in Jan for bigger fees

Unfortunately my MAC is 2013 so not compatible with the new game. So have to decide if I fork out for a new laptop just so I can play the game.

Will be the first year in a long time I haven’t played if I don’t. Not sure I can live without it. Envy is already kicking in.

Unsure how the wife will feel about me buying a laptop solely to play a game, whilst at the same time insisting the heating isn’t allowed on yet!

Edited by guruhd

One of the major things i want to get done this release, is to try end get the most out of TAA. 

He gets plenty of assists from corners, but i want to get more assists out of him from open play. Going to have to test roles and position for him.

13 hours ago, Brandoman10 said:

I feel like Nunez should have better pace/acceleration. If Haaland is juiced to the gills in that area it reasons our boy should as well. 

yeah i do think his physicals could be 1 point better off on Pace/Accel but it could be argued that his technical stats could take a hit. think he might deserve a slightly higher PA to allow for more development but he is a lot rawer than what haaland is at this stage of their development. 

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

yeah i do think his physicals could be 1 point better off on Pace/Accel but it could be argued that his technical stats could take a hit. think he might deserve a slightly higher PA to allow for more development but he is a lot rawer than what haaland is at this stage of their development. 

Not technically game related, but don't you find Nunez extremely frustrating? I mean, he seems to always get into positions to score..... but doesn't. He could have been well into double figures already this season.

50 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Not technically game related, but don't you find Nunez extremely frustrating? I mean, he seems to always get into positions to score..... but doesn't. He could have been well into double figures already this season.

i think hes brilliant but very rough technically. his touch, passing and finishing at times is shocking but hes scored at a good rate so far. he gets involved and doesnt shy away even if its not going well during games. think the sending off hurt his integration into the team as well. 

type of player that will frustrate you and then bang in a goal (like last night), just have to accept the bad with him as i feel he will score enough to overlook the rest

plus last night on the miss, i'm more annoyed with Firmino, no way should he be passing there

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

i think hes brilliant but very rough technically. his touch, passing and finishing at times is shocking but hes scored at a good rate so far. he gets involved and doesnt shy away even if its not going well during games. think the sending off hurt his integration into the team as well. 

type of player that will frustrate you and then bang in a goal (like last night), just have to accept the bad with him as i feel he will score enough to overlook the rest

plus last night on the miss, i'm more annoyed with Firmino, no way should he be passing there

I can't help but feel that if Jurgen goes now, Nunez wont develop as well as he could under Jurgen. Sure, we have had a rocky start, but with the state the team is in right now, we need to stick with Klopp and let him settle the team.

4 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

It’s way too early to be judging him, especially negatively. He’s in a new league, in a team somewhat struggling and changing formation from week to week. But the signs are already there of what he’s capable of once he and the team settle down. He already has 6 goals and I think in future he’ll get a LOT more. 

28 minutes ago, guruhd said:

It’s way too early to be judging him, especially negatively. He’s in a new league, in a team somewhat struggling and changing formation from week to week. But the signs are already there of what he’s capable of once he and the team settle down. He already has 6 goals and I think in future he’ll get a LOT more. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being negative, just making a comment about how it is frustrating as you know he is capable of more and he has just been unlucky so far.

How’s everyone finding scoring this year? Averaging nearly 3xg for and 1.2xg against but have tied every game 1-1. 

Through first 3 league games Nunez has hit the woodwork 4 times and has squandered numerous big chances. Going to give him until Jota is back to see if he can click it into gear or he may become a very expensive rotational piece. 

Congrats to Staf9 for creating the worst Liverpool thread in Sigames history. A few seasons ago you could find top quality Liverpool threads, where it listed the ins and outs of player personell for the new season, and analysing each team unit and what could be improved. But what does Staf9 do instead? He half-assedly copy and paste the club`s trophy history, and then spams a bunch of screenshots of the player profiles (without any introduction or thought to accompany the images). And a bit further down he engages in discussion about the real-life happenings of LFC (something we were always told by moderators on here was off topic and prohibited). You wonder why this forum has gone complete downhill from 4-5 years ago and this is exhibit a. Newsflash Staf9: just because the title says «Liverpool» does not mean it is going to be a popular thread. You have to make it popular on your own by writing something interesting and inspiring. How about telling us how to get the best out of Keita (still a fantastic player on FM) instead of just tipping us off about how much you can sell him for? I mean, most of us in this thread are actual Liverpool fans and want to play with the players currently employed by LFC in real life. With your +3000 posts you should know better.

12 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

Congrats to Staf9 for creating the worst Liverpool thread in Sigames history. A few seasons ago you could find top quality Liverpool threads, where it listed the ins and outs of player personell for the new season, and analysing each team unit and what could be improved. But what does Staf9 do instead? He half-assedly copy and paste the club`s trophy history, and then spams a bunch of screenshots of the player profiles (without any introduction or thought to accompany the images). And a bit further down he engages in discussion about the real-life happenings of LFC (something we were always told by moderators on here was off topic and prohibited). You wonder why this forum has gone complete downhill from 4-5 years ago and this is exhibit a. Newsflash Staf9: just because the title says «Liverpool» does not mean it is going to be a popular thread. You have to make it popular on your own by writing something interesting and inspiring. How about telling us how to get the best out of Keita (still a fantastic player on FM) instead of just tipping us off about how much you can sell him for? I mean, most of us in this thread are actual Liverpool fans and want to play with the players currently employed by LFC in real life. With your +3000 posts you should know better.

Strange guy. 

Was no need for the post tbh.

Tho all the screenshots are annoying to scroll past.

Lest be honest tho, who really reads the first post of these threads? Im really just here to see how others are doing, what they are changing, new players etc.

Hi guys,

Have you been able to sign a wondered outside of EU? Asking since I'm considering doing a Liverpool career but without signing wonderkids for both senior and youth teams, I'm not sure it'll be too much fun.

16 hours ago, talhak said:

Hi guys,

Have you been able to sign a wondered outside of EU? Asking since I'm considering doing a Liverpool career but without signing wonderkids for both senior and youth teams, I'm not sure it'll be too much fun.

I know brazilian youngsters wont join until they are 18. But like most, it depends on getting a work permit nowadays, which is the hardest part :(

I am quite excited for release day.

I've played a bit of beta, just to see the changes etc, but my first real save is on release day as theres always a day 1 patch with data updates.

We know that Liverpool need a rebuild, especially in midfield and this excites me. Also looking for a backup to Salah. 

What i love about the game is how can i improve on real life while also being ruthless and selling the older players as we are also a business.

Edit: i just noticed the thread title has a capital i in Liverpool.

Edited by Siven

Playing as Liverpool just for fun in the beta. Luis Diaz has been absolutely unstoppable as an IW/A on the left side. 12 goals in 7 games. I sold Keita and was able to bring in Bellingham in installments. I also asked the board for Milinkovic-Savic, and they agreed. So that’s the midfield sorted out for the duration of however long I do this save. 

On 29/10/2022 at 01:18, MontyOnTheRun said:

yeaCongrats to Staf9 for creating the worst Liverpool thread in Sigames history. A few seasons ago you could find top quality Liverpool threads, where it listed the ins and outs of player personell for the new season, and analysing each team unit and what could be improved. But what does Staf9 do instead? He half-assedly copy and paste the club`s trophy history, and then spams a bunch of screenshots of the player profiles (without any introduction or thought to accompany the images). And a bit further down he engages in discussion about the real-life happenings of LFC (something we were always told by moderators on here was off topic and prohibited). You wonder why this forum has gone complete downhill from 4-5 years ago and this is exhibit a. Newsflash Staf9: just because the title says «Liverpool» does not mean it is going to be a popular thread. You have to make it popular on your own by writing something interesting and inspiring. How about telling us how to get the best out of Keita (still a fantastic player on FM) instead of just tipping us off about how much you can sell him for? I mean, most of us in this thread are actual Liverpool fans and want to play with the players currently employed by LFC in real life. With your +3000 posts you should know better.

thanks mate, feel free to make a new thread and spend the hours need to create the thread you want. as it is i've been on the forums years and would love to have the time to create a better thread but due to work and family life i dont have that time. you seem to have plenty on had as instead of trying to be constructive you went for insults. good man

Edited by Staf9

@Staf9, don't let negative comments affect you. At the end of the day, you didn't have to start this thread again this year and, as you have said, you have work and family life which is more important than a thread on a forum. You have been on the forum for years and have contributed no end, that says a lot in itself. It is negative comments like these that stop people from posting or skinners and editors from creating. 

On 29/10/2022 at 01:18, MontyOnTheRun said:

You realise people have actual lives, and usually things that are more important within them than creating threads to satisfy entitled forum posters?

27 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Doak, Clark, Gordon, Koumetio and Bajcetic I think. Kone-Doherty could be another one.

Gordon's CA doesn't look that much different then last years FM or am i wrong? Bajcetic looks indeed very promising. Doak already worth £23 mil, that's insane.