FM23 Liverpool FC: I'm so glad Jurgen is a red

Staf9

Netherlands beat England 1-0 in World cup final.

Gave all my world cup players 1-2 weeks holiday.

Promoted Ramsey to senior squad for more game time. 

January transfer window:

Carvalhao joins Stuttgart on loan. need more game time, not as good enough as my other backups.

Sold Firmno to Real madrid for £52m.

Bought his young replacement Joao Pedro for £38m (18m upfont, 20m over 3 years). 1 goals and 1 assist on debut vs Man City.

Also bought Antonio Silva for £39m (19m upfront, 20m over 3 years).

Youngster Rafael Luis signs for £2m and joins in 2nd season.

Very happy so far. Ruthless sale of the old, and bought in ther new early. Silva can become homegrown which is nice. And Pedro is already English homegrown.

Thiago is playing really well, 4 goals 11 assists. Salah won FIFA mens best player and has 18 goals, 14 assists. Nunez has 23 goals.

Elliot has done really well too, 5 goals , 4 assists. Might be Thiago replacement.

Still want to get more assists from TAA though. Only 5 so far. Coaches keep saying to unlearn tries killer balls often. 

Definately looking to sell Ox and Matip in 2nd season. Probably Thiago too, though he has played really well.......

I expect my season 2 transfers to be mainly sales unless i can get someone like Camavinga for cheap. I like the look of my squad atm. 

Edited by Siven

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Siven said:

Netherlands beat England 1-0 in World cup final.

Gave all my world cup players 1-2 weeks holiday.

Promoted Ramsey to senior squad for more game time. 

January transfer window:

Carvalhao joins Stuttgart on loan. need more game time, not as good enough as my other backups.

Sold Firmno to Real madrid for £52m.

Bought his young replacement Joao Pedro for £38m (18m upfont, 20m over 3 years). 1 goals and 1 assist on debut vs Man City.

Also bought Antonio Silva for £39m (19m upfront, 20m over 3 years).

Youngster Rafael Luis signs for £2m and joins in 2nd season.

Very happy so far. Ruthless sale of the old, and bought in ther new early. Silva can become homegrown which is nice. And Pedro is already English homegrown.

Thiago is playing really well, 4 goals 11 assists. Salah won FIFA mens best player and has 18 goals, 14 assists. Nunez has 23 goals.

Elliot has done really well too, 5 goals , 4 assists. Might be Thiago replacement.

Still want to get more assists from TAA though. Only 5 so far. Coaches keep saying to unlearn tries killer balls often. 

Definately looking to sell Ox and Matip in 2nd season. Probably Thiago too, though he has played really well.......

I expect my season 2 transfers to be mainly sales unless i can get someone like Camavinga for cheap. I like the look of my squad atm. 

you've bought 1 of my favourite current FM players in Rafael Luis. perfect DM stats and if you luck out on his potential you have your Fabinho replacement sorted. i'm in Jan on my save too and he's already bought for 2.5m 

2 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

you've bought 1 of my favourite current FM players in Rafael Luis. perfect DM stats and if you luck out on his potential you have your Fabinho replacement sorted. i'm in Jan on my save too and he's already bought for 2.5m 

Yeah, i had him in FM22, but didnt play long enough to use him really. 

Hopefully i will play FM23 longer as i do like the match engine much better than FM22.

nearly through January in season 1. currently sitting top of the PL 1 point ahead of city after 22 games. have lost 3 matches in the PL all away to City, Everton and United - horrible results

as i've signed naby to a new deal i'm not pushing to sell him yet but have let Bobby go for 42m to Madrid. decided to put the funds into youth players and have brough int Andrey Santos from VDG for 5.5m and loaned him back until June. bought Schjelderup for 7.5m and Archie gray from leeds for 10m as his contract was up in the summer. have also put deals in place for Benfica duo Rafael Luis and Joao Veloso to join in the summer

loand out Carvalho and have both Joe Gomez and Milner looking loans for playing time. 

I've Let Ox go to Lazio for 0 as he wouldnt move anywhere else and i wanted to save on his wages

On 22/10/2022 at 16:05, Staf9 said:

Liverpool F.C.

RLPKZ0s.jpg

Welcome to the FM23 Liverpool thread! Liverpool Football Club is a professional football club playing in the Premier Division, the top tier of English football.

LIVERPOOL FC LEGENDS (SET 4) MAGNETS X10 | eBay

Club Honors:

• League Champions (19) - 1901, 1906, 1922, 1923, 1947, 1964, 1966, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2020
  • Champions League Winners (6) - 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005, 2019
  • EURO Cup Winners (3) - 1973, 1976, 2001
  • FA Cup Winners (7) - 1965, 1974, 1986, 1989, 1992, 2001, 2006, 2022
  • League Cup Winners (8) - 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1995, 2001, 2003, 2012, 2022
  • European Super Cup Winners (3) - 1977, 2001, 2005, 2019
  • Community Shield Winners (15) - 1964, 1965, 1966, 1974, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1989, 1990, 2001, 2006

Any chance you could amend the thread title?

The capital 'I' in Liverpool will drive me mad.

Thanks.

Here  i am again no satisfied with my current save so i decided to start over again.

I feel like selling 2 quality midfielders in season one is too heavy so this time  i kept Thiago and sold only keita to city for £41.5 million. Also said goodbye to Firmino, he is off to PSG for£44 million.

Camavinga for £66 million and Marcos Leonardo for £17 million are the replacements. Also found with Moleiro a gem, only cost like £5.5 million, he will remain at Las Palmas for the rest of the season.

17 hours ago, Staf9 said:

it wont let me. and its driving me mental

But the content of your actual opening post... that's not driving you mental? This is nuts. You were in such a hurry to get bragging rights for creating this year's Liverpool thread that you misspelled the name. 

Back on topic (or is this still being treated as an English assignment?), seeing as how the World Cup is right around the corner, has anyone noticed any negative effects on the players after the winter WC in-game? Is there any knock on effect on fitness, morale or form?

3 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

But the content of your actual opening post... that's not driving you mental? This is nuts. You were in such a hurry to get bragging rights for creating this year's Liverpool thread that you misspelled the name. 

there was no rush for bragging rights. if you look at the FM22 thread there was no offers to create a FM23 thread. and the name is not misspelled genius. its a capital I instead of a lower case letter. and the same response is still put to you, if you are so good then make a thread with all the detail you require for an opening post. if you dont have time for that you could just trey something a bit different here and actually engage with other positively and post about your save

52 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Back on topic (or is this still being treated as an English assignment?), seeing as how the World Cup is right around the corner, has anyone noticed any negative effects on the players after the winter WC in-game? Is there any knock on effect on fitness, morale or form?

i'm into march in season 1 and didnt notice any issues after the world cup. didnt have too many away at it tho which probably helped

4 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

i'm into march in season 1 and didnt notice any issues after the world cup. didnt have too many away at it tho which probably helped

I still can't get my head around a winter WC. It just feels wrong. I also think that not having a winter break doesn't help either. Still, if I'm being totally honest, I don't pay that much attention to my players when they are away on international duty (unless there is a potential first cap/goal). I take that time to look at how my youth players have been getting on and whether or not any deserve a shot in the team above. Speaking of which, does anyone else arrange friendlies during the international breaks and try out some of the youngsters?

Just now, ThanatosAFC said:

How's Trent doing folks? He isn't performing as usual. He is very good or very bad. Using him as a CWB.

he has 1 goal and 9 assists so far for me playing as WB support . game average rating of 7.34 so i'm happy with his performances

Just now, EnigMattic1 said:

I still can't get my head around a winter WC. It just feels wrong. I also think that not having a winter break doesn't help either. Still, if I'm being totally honest, I don't pay that much attention to my players when they are away on international duty (unless there is a potential first cap/goal). I take that time to look at how my youth players have been getting on and whether or not any deserve a shot in the team above. Speaking of which, does anyone else arrange friendlies during the international breaks and try out some of the youngsters?

yeah this world cup makes no sense IRL. probably not a discussion for here. 

i dont arrange freindlies during the breaks as the 23's and 18's sometimes have matches in that period. i make sure that these have to copy my tactics so i will check to see how players attributes are doing. see if the player is adjusting to the specific role. mainly only on the ones i know have first team potential

30 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

yeah this world cup makes no sense IRL. probably not a discussion for here. 

i dont arrange freindlies during the breaks as the 23's and 18's sometimes have matches in that period. i make sure that these have to copy my tactics so i will check to see how players attributes are doing. see if the player is adjusting to the specific role. mainly only on the ones i know have first team potential

Do you do training for your youth teams or leave that to their respective managers?

Wasn't going to buy it but ended up caving and buying FM23.

Started for the first time in my FM games with the transfer window off and wow is our midfield lacking. Injuries galore. 

Gave Firmino and Keita new contracts so I can sell. Will try to do the same with Ox but will try sell him in January anyway. 

Won Community Shield 4-1 with a Nunez hat-trick, and then beat Spurs 3-0 in the first league game, and just drew 2-2 with City (away) in the second game - we were 2-0 up at half time but capitulated, couldn't get close to them in the second half at all. 

Employing a 4231 formation. 

Lots of signings I want to make, particularly youngsters. Really want to sign Alex Scott from Bristol City, young English midfielder, so as soon as funds are released, going to to try and wrap up a few incomings. 

EDIT: want to bleed in some youngsters too, Bajcetic being one of the main ones - and hope they can become decent squad players.

Edited by A Double K
more info

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

what was everyones first youth intake like? i've gotten 3 players through that have 5 stars and could be first team players

I hardly get great players in the first intake, normally a year or two into the save...even then it's rare! Nice one though!

All different positions?

2 hours ago, A Double K said:

I hardly get great players in the first intake, normally a year or two into the save...even then it's rare! Nice one though!

All different positions?

got a CB, LB and a Striker. when i got my review for the youth it said i should have 2 CB's a LB, Gk and a striker all with A potential so i was very happy to see 3 come out like they did. 

10 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

🤡

Back to my save got rid of Keita in January for 18mill to Man City tried to sign Bobby on a new contract but rejected as he’s joining Real Madrid on free transfer signed Merino as Keitas replacement will try to sign Bellingham in season 2 it’s a 2 horse race for the title with Man City & us we’re 6 pts behind in Feb of season 1 

Edited by glenn28

21 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

How's Trent doing folks? He isn't performing as usual. He is very good or very bad. Using him as a CWB.

1 league game and 2 cup finals to go, he has 3 goals and 15 assists as a wingback support. About 50% of games i have used overlap instruction too. Most assists were from corners from what i remember. Really wish there was a breakdown of where the assists came from.

Has 4.69 keys pass per 90 mins, 9.79 progressive passes per 90 mins so creatively hes doing great. But i still look to get mroe from him.

Last league game and Everton are in 18th. Against West ham and they need a win and hope Brighton lose to stay up!

Edited by Siven

Thiago’s ***** agent is not offering acceptable terms and rejecting any changes so he’s been transfer listed in the second summer. Contract renewals in this game just always feel impossible. 

Somehow trying to sell for 50-60m and I just know he’ll sign on as a regular starter for whoever at 150k instead of the 275k he asked of me. 

31 minutes ago, Brandoman10 said:

Thiago’s ***** agent is not offering acceptable terms and rejecting any changes so he’s been transfer listed in the second summer. Contract renewals in this game just always feel impossible. 

Somehow trying to sell for 50-60m and I just know he’ll sign on as a regular starter for whoever at 150k instead of the 275k he asked of me. 

generally i think if you get 2 seasons out of thiago you are doing well. i'd be looking to sell after that as his physicals take a steep drop 

On 13/11/2022 at 20:20, Staf9 said:

got a CB, LB and a Striker. when i got my review for the youth it said i should have 2 CB's a LB, Gk and a striker all with A potential so i was very happy to see 3 come out like they did. 

Those are really good positions for 5 start youth intakes - hope I get that lucky!

10 games into the season, currently top by 4 points, winning all but two games which I drew, against Man City and Arsenal. The City one was disappointing as we were 2-0 up at half time.

3 games into the Champs League and I'm unbeaten with 7 out of 9 points. 

I'm just waiting to be handed a transfer budget so I can arrange for some signings and reinforcements in the winter. Definitely needed! Board negotiated recently for Schejelderup despite no transfer budget as no transfer window at the start. Cheap price it seems but annoyed they also handled the contract, they've given him more than I would've after X amount of games in the league...

Edited by A Double K
More info

34 minutes ago, A Double K said:

Those are really good positions for 5 start youth intakes - hope I get that lucky!

10 games into the season, currently top by 4 points, winning all but two games which I drew, against Man City and Arsenal. The City one was disappointing as we were 2-0 up at half time.

3 games into the Champs League and I'm unbeaten with 7 out of 9 points. 

I'm just waiting to be handed a transfer budget so I can arrange for some signings and reinforcements in the winter. Definitely needed! Board negotiated recently for Schejelderup despite no transfer budget as no transfer window at the start. Cheap price it seems but annoyed they also handled the contract, they've given him more than I would've after X amount of games in the league...

you should get your update soon on the youth prospects. budget is around 42m for the Jan window. 

Schjelderup is a cracking signing too, done really well for me when i needed a rotation option for Diaz

season 1 review

we on the PL by 10 points from city finishing on 95 points. really good performance, we scored 101 goals but conceded 32 which needs to be improved. Nunez is my player of the season, he ended up on 47 goals in all cops, equalling rush's record ( he actualy hit the record with 5 games left but pulled a blank in all of them)

CL - we went out in the semi finals, losing on agg to City 4-2 overall. frustrating second leg where we lost 2-0 

Fa cup - winners beating everton 4-2 in the final

League cup - won beatiing Brighton in the final 4-1

now its time to rebuild the team with plenty of youth 

12 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I have decided to do a Liverpool save where we only sign ex Liverpool academy players so it will be mostly a youth academy only save. 

Other then Ben Doak do Liverpool have anymore good youngsters coming through ?

there s a enough there to get a few through 

Van den Berg, Clarkson, Morton can all come back after season 1 and be part of the squad, possibly Koumentio as well as a 5th choice. 

from whats at the club Doak, Gordon, Clark, Stewart, Bajcetic & Ramsey all have the potential to be first team level first team/squad players

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

there s a enough there to get a few through 

Van den Berg, Clarkson, Morton can all come back after season 1 and be part of the squad, possibly Koumentio as well as a 5th choice. 

from whats at the club Doak, Gordon, Clark, Stewart, Bajcetic & Ramsey all have the potential to be first team level first team/squad players

Yeah I started the save and just couldn't get into it. 

I am going to do the San Marino challenge as I have started 3 saves since the full game has come out and got bored quickly.

I will try Liverpool youth save at some point though.

Just finished my first season with the Reds.

I originally started with them just to test the beta so made some dodgy decisions, but now I want to keep playing the save so I'll live with them.

I did the league and champions league double. League was very stressful, beating City by 3 points.

Injuries almost crippled me, especially Salah being out for 4 months. But Jota really stepped up for me and Diaz was unreal.

Naby and Firmino both leaving on frees. I started with with first window off and by January I was struggling with injuries so couldn't try to sell them.

I only brought in Zabarnyi for CB and Schjelderup (but loaned back out) in January. And also Conceicao on loan to cover the Salah injury.

For next season, Caicedo is already in (Brighton got relegated), Marcos Leonardo is in to rotate with Darwin. Also looking at Antonio Silva. Would love to bring in Bellingham but doubt I'll be able to afford it. Enzo Fernandez was my backup but he wants over 200k a week and I refuse to pay that.

Overall, I've really liked fm23 so far. Nothing groundbreaking about it but seems a more polished version of fm22.

Finally finished my first season.

Won everything. The first window transfers really helped me. Champ league final i was 2-0 up early on. Then Real scored 2 and took me to extra time where VVD scored a late late corner.

Selling Keita for £40m helped me improve the midfield for years to come.

Bellingham was awesome.

Schjelderup was a good backup, now training as a right winger to be more versatile.

Rice is my future captain, and has been a great squad player atm.

In Jan i sold Firmino for £52m and replaced him with Joao Pedro who did well as backup to all front positions. Allowing me to rest players more often.

Brought in Antonio Silva. Future CD starter, and Rafael Luis, future DM.

Milner was let go. High wages and now have better cover. Guys a legend tho.

Thiago was fantastic, only had a coupel of niggling injuries, 8 goals and 15 assists. But sold him at end of season for £42m. Getting rid of the old.

Matip was also sold for £34m. Getting older, last year of contract, Konate getting a new contract and wanting to be regular starter, and SIlva needed more gametime, was a good time to sell Matip.

Trying to sell Ox, who also did well, but no bidders yet. Will be backup till i can sell.

Bradley back from loan is now my backup to TAA. Sorting out a loan for Ramsey in England so he gets trained in nation. Got 2 great young backups that need gametime, so loaning one.

Elliot was also brilliant in first season. 9 goals 11 assists in a mix of AMR and CM. Still unsure of his main position tho. I may go 4231 and use him as AMC.

Sorting out loans for a bunch of U21 players. Get them game time, if they make it great, if not their price will go up for sales. Carvalho going on loan again. Dont see him as first team worthy. Infact its only Ramsey and Bradley from the U21 who will make it onto my squad. A bunch of others could be good low to mid prem league players at best.

A lot of the foreign youth like Pitaluga wont get work permits for new contracts, so selling them with % profit clauses.

Nunez was brilliant, 40 goals 5 assists. While his first touch isnt great, his physicals and mentals make up for it i think.

Salah had 41 goals and 21 assists!

TAA with 3 goals and 17 assists. Wish i could see how many were from corner. Really want more from open play, oh well. Got DoF to give him a new contract, gets rid of his 20% increase a year and keeps him happy. 230k a week till 2028 with optional extension.

Wish i took some screenshots at end of season, but already continued and saved.

Got a great youth intake. got a potential 5 star GK,CD and Striker. Along with 5 other potential 4 star players. Kepping an eye on them along with Doak.

Oh and Everton were Relegated!

Currently at start if July, and i dont think im going to buy anyone this season. Did good work with transfers in first season and squad is looking strong and young.

Just deciding if i want to use 4231 more often now, especially if i want Elliot as AMC. But i just love 433.

Edit: My coaches are always recommending for TAA to unlearn try killer balls more often. Anyone done this? With his crossing of 18 Im kinda temtped to do it.

Edited by Siven

On 15/11/2022 at 20:20, Staf9 said:

you should get your update soon on the youth prospects. budget is around 42m for the Jan window. 

Schjelderup is a cracking signing too, done really well for me when i needed a rotation option for Diaz

Ended up getting £76m for Jan window. Not sure if that's because I'm lucky, a bug or because I am 12 points clear at the top...

Bringing in Joao Pedro (£28m), Schjelderup (£5.5m but board arranged during transfer window), Alberto Molerio (£8m) and hopefully finalise contracts for Alex Scott (£9.5m), Joan Gonzalez (£1.5m), Maximo Perrone (£5.5m) and Alan Velasco (£8m). 

Going to be selling Nat Phillips for £2,7m in Jan and will see if there's anyone I can get in on the cheap but should be okay without...

Also, managed to negotiate lower contracts for Milner, Firmino, and Ox, but about £20k higher for Keita. Will look to move on soon though (for Keita and Ox).

Edited by A Double K

Season 1 done 

Won the league by 8pts at one point was 6 pts behind Man City won 12 of my last 13 games .Lost early in the league cup reached the q/f of the champions league semis of the Fa Cup.I’ve met Bellinghams release clause for season 2 will try to sell Ox as well.

On 17/11/2022 at 21:46, glenn28 said:

Season 1 done 

Won the league by 8pts at one point was 6 pts behind Man City won 12 of my last 13 games .Lost early in the league cup reached the q/f of the champions league semis of the Fa Cup.I’ve met Bellinghams release clause for season 2 will try to sell Ox as well.

Good job winning the league by 8 points. Solid platform for going forward! :applause:

On 17/11/2022 at 13:46, Siven said:

Finally finished my first season.

Won everything. The first window transfers really helped me. Champ league final i was 2-0 up early on. Then Real scored 2 and took me to extra time where VVD scored a late late corner.

Selling Keita for £40m helped me improve the midfield for years to come.

Bellingham was awesome.

Schjelderup was a good backup, now training as a right winger to be more versatile.

Rice is my future captain, and has been a great squad player atm.

In Jan i sold Firmino for £52m and replaced him with Joao Pedro who did well as backup to all front positions. Allowing me to rest players more often.

Brought in Antonio Silva. Future CD starter, and Rafael Luis, future DM.

Milner was let go. High wages and now have better cover. Guys a legend tho.

Thiago was fantastic, only had a coupel of niggling injuries, 8 goals and 15 assists. But sold him at end of season for £42m. Getting rid of the old.

Matip was also sold for £34m. Getting older, last year of contract, Konate getting a new contract and wanting to be regular starter, and SIlva needed more gametime, was a good time to sell Matip.

Trying to sell Ox, who also did well, but no bidders yet. Will be backup till i can sell.

Bradley back from loan is now my backup to TAA. Sorting out a loan for Ramsey in England so he gets trained in nation. Got 2 great young backups that need gametime, so loaning one.

Elliot was also brilliant in first season. 9 goals 11 assists in a mix of AMR and CM. Still unsure of his main position tho. I may go 4231 and use him as AMC.

Sorting out loans for a bunch of U21 players. Get them game time, if they make it great, if not their price will go up for sales. Carvalho going on loan again. Dont see him as first team worthy. Infact its only Ramsey and Bradley from the U21 who will make it onto my squad. A bunch of others could be good low to mid prem league players at best.

A lot of the foreign youth like Pitaluga wont get work permits for new contracts, so selling them with % profit clauses.

Nunez was brilliant, 40 goals 5 assists. While his first touch isnt great, his physicals and mentals make up for it i think.

Salah had 41 goals and 21 assists!

TAA with 3 goals and 17 assists. Wish i could see how many were from corner. Really want more from open play, oh well. Got DoF to give him a new contract, gets rid of his 20% increase a year and keeps him happy. 230k a week till 2028 with optional extension.

Wish i took some screenshots at end of season, but already continued and saved.

Got a great youth intake. got a potential 5 star GK,CD and Striker. Along with 5 other potential 4 star players. Kepping an eye on them along with Doak.

Oh and Everton were Relegated!

Currently at start if July, and i dont think im going to buy anyone this season. Did good work with transfers in first season and squad is looking strong and young.

Just deciding if i want to use 4231 more often now, especially if i want Elliot as AMC. But i just love 433.

Edit: My coaches are always recommending for TAA to unlearn try killer balls more often. Anyone done this? With his crossing of 18 Im kinda temtped to do it.

Just played the first game after the World Cup away to Man City. Drew 0-0 which leaves me 2 points behind them. World Cup was won by Croatia.

I haven’t renewed the Ox and he has announced he is leaving. Neither have I renewed Keita who I am now getting offers for but he’s worth more to me currently than the money being offered. Potential midfield replacements I’d perhaps struggle to sign at the moment so I’m happy to wait till the end of the season. Have my eyes on Bellingham, Enzo Fernandez, Matheus Nunes and Unai Vencedor who looks like a nice Thiago replacement.

I may still try and renew Keita later we will see. He’s been injury free and played well when needed. 

12 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

one thing i have notived is the lack of potential Captains once Hendo, Milner and VVD are gone from the team. not too many players with a high Leadership and Teamwork stats

And, I guess, bringing in someone with good leadership stats wouldn't necessarily make them a "team leader" in terms of team dynamics (or whatever it is called).

9 hours ago, Berra said:

Anyone able to find a way to make the current owner situation more realistic?
Looking for new investment or potential selling of the club and a takeover take place?

Not yet, but I am looking. I still think there should be an option in the editor where you could select "open to investment" or "looking to sell" or something like that. Maybe it is just a case of finding out what controls the bit that says "owner status" on the club overview panel?