The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

23 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

I would always choose the pro one . why would you pick Blanco, because of his higher det ?

Higher determination and scouting knowledge.

Spoiler

I don't think there is much of a difference between Fairly Professional (15-20 Professionalism) and Professional (18-20 Professionalism). The key differentiator between the two personalities is Temperament. Blanco has a Media Handling Style of Level-Headed which means that their Temperament is within the range of 7-20. D'Angelo has a Reserved style which also has a Temperament range of 7-20.

12 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

@hubwub For me Blanco is probably the better fit given he is an HoYD whereas D'Angelo is a goalkeeping coach. Professional to Fairly Professional may not be that big a differentiator

I was also thinking the same thing in regards to personality. I don't think it's a big differentiator.

The one thing I want to know is if scouting knowledge that has a wide variety like Blanco help when I have a youth recruitment that is only average.

Edited by hubwub
some off the stuff I said should be spoilered

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, hubwub said:

Higher determination and scouting knowledge.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think there is much of a difference between Fairly Professional (15-20 Professionalism) and Professional (18-20 Professionalism). The key differentiator between the two personalities is Temperament. Blanco has a Media Handling Style of Level-Headed which means that their Temperament is within the range of 7-20. D'Angelo has a Reserved style which also has a Temperament range of 7-20.

I was also thinking the same thing in regards to personality. I don't think it's a big differentiator.

The one thing I want to know is if scouting knowledge that has a wide variety like Blanco help when I have a youth recruitment that is only average.

Don't forget the difference in Working with Youngsters. The one you're interested in is so low its not even a yellow attribute value. The professional coach actually has high enough HOYD desire that he should be fine in that roll, as its into the Green. I tend to stay away if its at the 50% or less mark.

Edit: nvm on the scouting knowledge its early and I miss-read your post. Honestly I haven't noticed other nation knowledge being useful recently, but maybe other's have.

Edited by WhiteCat33

End of Season Review

Season 2023

Knattspyrnufélagið Bessastaðir

yZ8DdYu.png

Season Summary

We have to be satisfied by not finishing bottom.  Progress is progress after all.

Season Details

League Table - A sixth place finish is an improvement from last season.

League Fixtures - We were difficult to beat early on so I was pleased with these results, despite the lack of consistency.  We finished the season in fairly poor form.

Friendlies - I will be honest, I have had better pre season campaigns.

Squad - We only have thirteen players and most of them are over thirty years old.

Squad Dyanmics - The recent run of poor form has hit our dynamics somewhat.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - With no youth academy, we did not receive an intake this year.

Finances - We made a small profit this year.  I need a lot more before we can build a youth academy.

Key Players

Tómas Aron Tómasson - Our best player, the experienced defender was an absolute rock all season long.

Sanjin Horoz - Playing in central midfield, he was at the heart of everything we did well.

Hilmar Ástþórsson - Considering our struggles for consistency, a return of 10 goals in 12 appearances was excellent.

Óskar þór Jónsson - The veteran central midfielder is showing signs that his legs have gone.

Guðmar Freyr Magnússon - The left back is capable of so much more than he showed this year.

Next Season

Continuing to avoid finishing bottom would be great.

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start      25 November 2022             N/a                    £0 p/w            £0 p/w   (Amateur contract)
2023          25 November 2022 =           N/a =                  £0 p/w =          £0 p/w = (Amateur contract)

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2023       Minimal = (0.50*) ↑   National B ↑↑        6 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  11 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Poor              Basic                 None             None               Local   (0.50*)
2023       Adequate =           Poor =            Basic =               None =           None =             Local = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023         12         3        3        6           20             27                  -7              25.00%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023             12         3        3        6          20              27                  -7               25.00%            295 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                Position     Mjólkurbikar         Lengjubikarinn A               Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023              N/a               N/a                    N/a                       4. deild - Group E       6th            N/a                    N/a                     Avoided finishing bottom the league table.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2023       No one                                    0

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2023       No one                                 0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2023       No one                                  0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2023       No one                                     0

6 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Don't forget the difference in Working with Youngsters. The one you're interested in is so low its not even a yellow attribute value. The professional coach actually has high enough HOYD desire that he should be fine in that roll, as its into the Green. I tend to stay away if its at the 50% or less mark.

Edit: nvm on the scouting knowledge its early and I miss-read your post. Honestly I haven't noticed other nation knowledge being useful recently, but maybe other's have.

You made a good point even before your edit about scouting knowledge that didn't occur to me either. I'll take both arguments you made into consideration in regards to that.

For the Working with Youngsters, I was going to overlook that for the time being. I know bad thing of me to do.

An alternative if I don't hire any of those two guys is to use my Assistant Manager.

k9vyaDA.png

image.png.d2091ac420a5d30a44e58ab8e658c7b7.png

TECOS FC END OF THE SEASON 2025-2026

A good year in globality for the team in mexican second division, but we didn't manage to climb up again as we lost in apertura final , a bit of a weird game as we lost when we were in control most part of it but that's of the game works, 

Young players in the first team improved a lot which help but we stil are lacking of depth especially in defense, on the u20 side nothing is really going on, and i won't be able to promote young players to the first team except if injuries makes me do so, we still have the problem of youngs players not improving and even with the recruitments of good staffs average training performance is terrible,

The youth intake was the worst i got since i came to the club as my few players with good potential have terrible personnality but i trolled a bit this year as i wanted to change my hoyd and i didn't find anyone who wanted to come in with the low salary i can spare so i took back my old hoyd , but with a few weeks off it didn't help,

Still hoping to climb up to first division again next year !

The closing/opening tables

Spoiler

555728977_firstsplit.thumb.PNG.d5634753a8910c9cb05b49e718647fb3.PNG538851125_secondsplit.thumb.PNG.dd0bd185a80aba3e8c5f20bdbbba13e0.PNG

The team

Spoiler

189527342_realteam.thumb.PNG.ec804d829165d19510ccd156547b89c8.PNG

youth preview/intake

Spoiler

1910007653_youthpreview.PNG.ddfc44301cf5919f2eb7f2dca59473ae.PNG1594150179_youthintake.thumb.PNG.2db3f504020f4fb577f732694c36b98f.PNG

transfers proof

Spoiler

transfers.thumb.PNG.6b26e76916f023ae1cb699b7f61be44b.PNG

Not giving any players profile this year as i have some youngsters who are good for the first team but nothing incredible to show off

24 minutes ago, hubwub said:

You made a good point even before your edit about scouting knowledge that didn't occur to me either. I'll take both arguments you made into consideration in regards to that.

For the Working with Youngsters, I was going to overlook that for the time being. I know bad thing of me to do.

An alternative if I don't hire any of those two guys is to use my Assistant Manager.

k9vyaDA.png

So my playing in Luxembourg has actually given me experience with using non-HOYDs who have 0% desire for the roll to find players. I can tell you in my case it was very clear that when i found a HOYD we immediately began getting better intakes. They went from "Good" 4* to all 5* intakes and the player quality did noticeably improve even without adjusting JR coaching or Youth Recruitment.

Here is my GM who was my initial staff member finding players:

image.png.91a3ea6aef3528da465f12498938092d.png

Here is my HOYD who has found players since:

image.png.67803bbf096367c804809b70f4f005a0.png

Welcome to Luxembourg in that both have awful personalities and determination as well as JPA & JPP. At least with your AssMan he has a tactical style, formation & playing style. It doesn't show up for my GM because he doesn't do any coaching which probably contributed to the intake. All my HOYD has going for him is WwY is decent, he has 1* Reputation and a reasonable Tactical style.

I don't want to fully spoil my season review, but we just got our Youth Intake and he's pulled in a 3rd Golden generation in a row with actually decent players while we have still Poor Facilities. I did up JR coaching to Excellent over the summer and even though its bankrupting the club i think its making a massive difference

image.png.1959500f08ca2894833276eb1ad33d10.png

Do you have any options with the bump up to 1* Reputation? IMO its worth taking a drop in JPA/JPP and Determination if you can get a higher reputation HOYD who is still Fairly Professional with okay WwY (12+) and tactics you don't hate.

Also not sure if this is helpful but here is my personality tracking data. Granted its bad personalities galore, but I separated it when I changed from GM to HOYD and even though he's just Fairly loyal you can see improvements in Ambitious personalities (F Amb & Mercenary) as well as Professionals beginning to show up recently. As my team is so low level only this year have I started getting anything other than Elite talents so I haven't bothered tracking that.

image.thumb.png.46bc03ad1bd3834e4ae11a628925d3e5.png

The Low Determination is expected because not just my HOYD but my entire staff are all low on that. Being in a bigger country you should be able to stack personalities better in your staff to lean it more. Don't forget your U19/U21 Head Coaches also have a big impact on your youth intakes (I believe), so that's a good place to set up a High WwY and Professional Personality Coach if they don't exactly fit as a HOYD. In my case I took the HOYD who had lower reputation and selected him as my U21 Head coach even though he still hasn't quite warmed up to the job.

image.png.0509cd8bcff7b3cd40834715753bce1d.png

image.png.9aeb1cbc95effb752acbddcff4c9d60b.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

13 minutes ago, hubwub said:

k9vyaDA.png

This one seems the best option :) Model Cit

8 minutes ago, hubwub said:

@WhiteCat33I did have somebody else in mind but their higher reputation is pricing me out. The most I can offer for salary is €900 p/w.

TsXp6lq.png

What my current search profile has provided:

VyPKorx.png

He'd be excellent for a few years, but being 62 I'd be shocked if he doesn't retire by 70 forcing you to find a new HOYD. 

I'm assuming even though they have other preferred jobs everyone has at least fit the criteria for the HOYD search that they'd accept that job. Any of those 1.5* would be one's I'd go for myself. I'd prioritize the 41 year olds just so I got them for longer/whole save, with the Reserved Media handling Daniel Garipe as my first choice.

Edited by WhiteCat33

These low minimum fees that the agents insist on is proving annoying, I only started playing my RB Wieser when I called him back from his loan 1 year ago now Inter have snapped him up for £2.5m and 50% of profit of next sale (he had minimum fee of £2.6m so I tried to maximise the potential incoming funds)

706873753_S7_ByeByeWieser.thumb.png.452a3c922f8e7adfa1d19fdf17ec3308.png

He had great mentals and personality, oh well onto the next in line....

2 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

He'd be excellent for a few years, but being 62 I'd be shocked if he doesn't retire by 70 forcing you to find a new HOYD. 

I'm assuming even though they have other preferred jobs everyone has at least fit the criteria for the HOYD search that they'd accept that job. Any of those 1.5* would be one's I'd go for myself. I'd prioritize the 41 year olds, with the Reserved Media handling Daniel Garipe as my first choice.

I tried Daniel Garipe. He won't lower his salary demands.

Another alternative who wasn't in my initial search profile:

uIQ2jXx.png

6 minutes ago, hubwub said:

I tried Daniel Garipe. He won't lower his salary demands.

Another alternative who wasn't in my initial search profile:

uIQ2jXx.png

That would be my U19 Head Coach. 50% HOYD could work if you want to take that risk. I think sometimes they'll gain desire for the role over time but not always. Would be worth tracking what happens if you do as I'd be curious to how he performs.

Edited by WhiteCat33

16 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

These low minimum fees that the agents insist on is proving annoying, I only started playing my RB Wieser when I called him back from his loan 1 year ago now Inter have snapped him up for £2.5m and 50% of profit of next sale (he had minimum fee of £2.6m so I tried to maximise the potential incoming funds)

706873753_S7_ByeByeWieser.thumb.png.452a3c922f8e7adfa1d19fdf17ec3308.png

He had great mentals and personality, oh well onto the next in line....

There is a way around this, which works most of the time. Have your sporting director initiate negotiations with a player. After one day you can change the contract offer and then the minimum release clause wont be non-negotiable. The only times this doesn't work is when the sporting director feels that the player has really high demands and refuses to negotiate a contract. 

41 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

There is a way around this, which works most of the time. Have your sporting director initiate negotiations with a player. After one day you can change the contract offer and then the minimum release clause wont be non-negotiable. The only times this doesn't work is when the sporting director feels that the player has really high demands and refuses to negotiate a contract. 

Interesting to know, I don't have a sporting director at the moment anyway, might just give that a try cheers @thomas_e

4 minutes ago, russ the womble said:

If a player is called up for a national team (17 y.o. called up to France U20s - stats arent great though), does this mean he's well rated?

Depends how many players and leagues are loaded in your game. My first run in LUX saw players called up to the Portugal U19s. It wasn't because they were good, just that there weren't enough young players to fill out the squad. In my current LUX run I've had Portugal loaded the whole time and even with better players none have gotten called up because there are so many domestic players available to the AI.

image.png.461527fe04e82e3f562df71d1e130160.png

XaW - Marine A.F.C. - Season 2026/27 (Season 4) - Vanarama National League

SqWVS9f.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

Well, this was quite the season! From the start to finish we just played well. It was a really hard and long fight against Barrow mostly, but also Boreham Wood were not far off us through the season. Our main strength is going forward, as evident by our over 100 league goals this season. I'm working on improving the defensive side, but at long as we win, I can't be too concerned with conceding a few goals. Even if we got a 5 point gap down eventually, it was still only secured after we beat Gateshead 2-0 away in the final match of the season, while Barrow lost to Eastleigh. After the promotion was secured, the board announced we are finally going professional! So I have a big job securing new contracts to everyone over the summer. I have some big clubs after a few of the talents currently, but I hope the promotion will help out.

Also, more league requirements!

dC1hfQA.png

FA Cup: We beat Darlington and South Shields before we lost to Ipswich Town in the 2nd round.
FA Trophy: We beat Alfreton Town, Mansfield, Dulwich Hamlet, and Woking before we lost to Rochdale in the semi final.

U21 Team:

They only played friendlies.

U18 Team:

XhpzGvS.png

They retained the National U18 League South East this season!

FA Youth Cup: They beat Chester, King's Lynn Town, and Tranmere before they lost to Notts County in the 2nd round.

Youth intake:

NUuwmbd.png

dO2EnIO.png

QVtHfkO.png

mjOEXf2.png

77mJbfV.png

ugaw93S.png

Trophy cabinet

Vanarama National League - 1 (2026/27)

FA Trophy - 1 (2025/26)

U18s - National U18 League South East - 2 (2025/26, 2026/27)

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Name				Nation			2nd Nation	Apps
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eden Mboyo 24g			England			DR Congo	139
Maine Croasdale 24f		England			Ireland		126
Cyril Madu 25h			England			Nigeria		90
Howard Meek 25c			England			<N/A>		84
Nélson Kiala 25b		Portugal		Angola		83

Most goals for the club

Name				Nation			2nd Nation	Goals
Cyril Madu 25h			England			Nigeria		41
Ousmane Bangoura 26c		Scotland		Guina		28
Andy Hamilton 25i		Scotland		<N/A>		18
Louis Stott 26j			Australia		England		17
Jonathan Curtis 26e		England			<N/A>		16

Most assists for the club

Name				Nation			2nd Nation	Assists
Jonathan Curtis 26e		England			<N/A>		21
Gary Mensah 25e			England			<N/A>		17
Ousmane Bangoura 26c		Scotland		Guina		16
Maine Croasdale 24f		England			Ireland		13
Cyril Madu 25h			England			Nigeria		13

Supporters:

9UWYLDu.png

Summary:

QdY2Z58.png

17 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Depends how many players and leagues are loaded in your game. My first run in LUX saw players called up to the Portugal U19s. It wasn't because they were good, just that there weren't enough young players to fill out the squad. In my current LUX run I've had Portugal loaded the whole time and even with better players none have gotten called up because there are so many domestic players available to the AI.

Thanks - yeah, not many players loaded, so I won't get my hopes up :)

22067423.png.69517d4cd6a096a77885df4aa5ceb6dd.png

760.png.13eab7270df3014ce2c7589872f3a58a.png Chernomorets 1919 Burgas 2026/2027

Finances  Supporters  Transfers  Squad

Prva Liga

Table.PNG.eacdde00fc643a743c0109a35c164f64.PNG

Championship Phase

Championship.PNG.116586670683c6d1da2d90e268778a15.PNG

This season started with a takeover and with that, a Portsmouth partnership, that should be fun in the long term.
After taking in consideration last year's performences of the senior squad and Under 19's, I manage to sell a few players that didnt fit and promote alot of youth. Vasilev was amazing with 16 goals this season
We did a very good season with the players developing nicely and with that, we jump from 11th to 5th place in the regular season this year.
In the championship phase, I can resume it as, the best of the rest. European money along side brazilian gems, really make impossible figting with Ludogorets, CSKA's and Levski for now.
On a side note, the 1st of the Second phase plays against the 4th of the championship group for the last european place, well thats different.
Off the pitch the board alow me to take both Continental B and started A licence, along side improving the Youth Coaching.

Kupa NA Bulgariya - Make all the way to the quarter's. Arda was better then us this year.

Under 19 -  This year our players didnt had an easy year. Alot of them were promoted to the senior squad and that affect the team, with an early lose in Kupa. But since we won it last year the lads played UEFA Youth League and they reached the second ko round. where we lost 2-0 over Galatasaray. In the league, we had a solid 9th finish. We also had alot of callups for the bulgarian U21 and Under 19 teams.

Youth Intake 

Preview

Spoiler

YIP27.thumb.PNG.2c50968eef1a9bf94ed8b743fdfe6f21.PNG

YI27.PNG.43824169a19621fb9313c04c1c96ac04.PNG

Zafirov.thumb.PNG.f5bf97d307a2692e0ca0256c6f6e7e31.PNG

I changed the HoYD and that might have impacted the intake. Zafirov looks the best one, but still they have potencial to grow and help the senior team.

Sheet.thumb.PNG.0d11eea8cc361ac4a4ab31d0f08dfcbc.PNG

Edited by The7Striker

I really hope the board takeover happens for me, been touted for a while now.

I fought with the current board about a new stadium for a while now, we are at 98% capacity with 3000 fans on a season ticket waiting list and yet they say that they don't believe we have the fans to fill it. Even threatening to leave they said maybe its best you go, so I had to back down obviously otherwise the challenge is over :D

image.png.8560bbe12df12bd1870ef1a89470af88.png

Associação Ferroviária de Esportes

Manager Profile First Team Reserves Youth Team Transfers Facilities Youth Intake 2022

I've tried this challenge a few times before but have fallen off quickly for various reasons, but hopefully this time is different. Starting with Ferroviária, who participate in the Sao Paolo State Championship and were promoted to the Brazil Serie C. Team seems kinda stacked on first glance, for reference there is a 4.5 CA/PA player on loan to a first division squad who grades out as a First Division player (not that I think we'll ever get him back) so you can judge my other players' star rating based off that. Media predicts us to finish 6th, which would put us in the promotion playoff. There was a youth intake in 2022 that I've linked to, but I haven't decided whether I will tag any of the players, there are some okay ones but no standouts at first glance, might make that decision when I see how my first intake in charge goes.

Don't know if anyone's done Brazil yet this year, but the rollover was on January 2nd 2023.

EqXGwdx.png

2028/29 Midseason Review:

FwOnb49.png

Not going great. Dynamics are fine at least. I've done some tinkering with tactics and we had a tiny run but fallen off again. With the winter break I'll try something totally different and see if it sparks the team. 

Intake Preview:

Kc5ZBEj.png

No immediate pressing needs, so I'm just happy to see it look promising. 

Royale Union Tubize-Braine: 2028/29 Season Review

I just want a decent striker :(:( We bounced back from a poor season last time out to achieve our best finish so far (9th). We got totally hammered in the European Group but at least we didn't have to go through the relegation battle.

league29.thumb.jpg.d6aaaa935de5afeac6703fe8e01b5c03.jpg

Only a couple of players managed a rating above 7.00 as we struggled with consistency. Our top scorer managed 8 goals :( It doesn't help that our best striker has a finishing of 7.

STATS29.thumb.jpg.2bcc4a1b4f1f9878cf49a95ada1960dd.jpg

Our youth intake wasn't too bad. Highlight being another DM that looks promising.

youth29.thumb.jpg.834fe7f01096a17c9b73556113f319ed.jpgyth29.thumb.jpg.2ca6616dd2b974ef1f5af4e3f8c6ec14.jpg

One stand out achievement was our star DM winning European Golden Boy :cool:

golden29.thumb.jpg.a498618b7d1961e676eee834730db30d.jpggb29.thumb.jpg.e4da3e59ac4a5d162221efedbdf96754.jpg

Transfers for the season

xfer29.thumb.jpg.615225080f9426a9b7e5a215de363535.jpg

Season history

hist29.thumb.jpg.75a9a143796c733d21aa049b0e01e8dd.jpg

Eskilstuna City FK - Club profile | Transfermarkt

Eskilstuna Season 6

Still knocking around in the bottom division.

image.png.75de166c2f102835e3903c0b9f0cee7f.png

So apparently my previous promise for more youth coaching if I played youth, has saved me from the sack :)

image.png.2cd8a4659fbff1277671d2c3ea60fa24.png

But it did mean an upgrade to the youth coaching (now Good coaching/good recruitment)

No major updates on players, will update when I have a bit of progress!

c65952715e19242cb5ffae8cec1253af.png

7e4a40dbb7be216b023184c7997813aa.png

93cfaf191164516d0ffe61380894b003.png

European football secured! I was wondering if last season was a fluke, but we've only gone one better and got ourselves a top 4 finish!

With us saying goodbye to club icon Anto Vasovic at the end of last season, we were finally going to see a new best player crowned. And that player was central defender Nemanja Milinkovic 26-7, who had a great season on his way to a 7.17 average rating. We conceded the least goals of any team outside of the top 2 this season, and Nemanja was a big part of that. As was his centre back partner László Marton 24-3, who was our second best performer with a 7.09 average. An excellent partnership that hopefully goes from strength to strength. Also coming in with a 7.09 average was wantaway midfielder George Booth 25-4. He decided mid-way through last season that he was going to lave at the end of his contract, and now he'll be doing just that in a few weeks. Pretty gutted about this one.

Our graduate class preview was, for the first time, not 5*. The class itself did have 7 elite talents, but it dropped off pretty sharply after that. Page 1 -- Page 2 -- Page 3

5fcf533c969ffbc3d3c0dfbd8926ea4b.png
Really like the look of Petar. A decent starting point from a technical and mental perspective, but needs some work in the gym.

0a7af27be5274da0ed028fdb891d7bde.png
Another lad who could do with some physical development, but technicals and mentals again are a really good starting point.

dc52d168a499f473c33778c2ce9e6625.png
Very no-nonsense, and a long way to go. But he might have a chance.

Off the field, nothing really happened. I did finish my Continental Pro license, which is nice. Here's my Overview.

I'd love a few generous draws in the Europa Conference League to get a few quid in the bank - right now we're at a point where our youth setup is costing a few quid, and we end up barely breaking even once the end of season income comes in. And that's with us renting a much bigger stadium (hence the big jump up in our average attendance!)

6 hours ago, thomas_e said:

This is a game changer by the way - superb tip!

Finding it really frustrating now this one. 11 seasons in and still feel nowhere near getting out the league. Just cannot find the working tactic, thought i had it last year but losing in the playoff final 6-1 seems to have killed me. Started off the 11th season horrifically and struggling to find consistency. All my team stats through the league are right up there in the top few, shots/crosses/shots on target/possession.

Facilities are finally in a good position, team is okay - nothing too special. Feel like I am probably about the ability of where I should be really media prediction was 14th again. But the last two seasons gave me hope making the playoffs twice. 

Sorry just on a bit of a moany post here frustrated!

image.thumb.png.8f9d3f45367ce9ff2ba86790b5001279.png

Season 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Year 22/23 23/24 25/26 26/27 27/28 28/29 29/30 30/31 31/32 32/33 33/34
League Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North
Prediction 18th 24th 22nd 19th 19th 18th 14th 20th 17th 14th 14th
Comments                 Lost in playoffs Lost in playoff final  

Place 12th 20th 14th 15th 20th 12th 11th 17th 7th 3rd  
Played 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46  
Won 17 15 15 17 13 17 18 15 22 25  
Draw 11 7 14 4 7 8 12 4 6 10  
Loss 18 24 17 25 26 21 16 27 18 11  
GF 63 85 81 90 60 77 86 70 98 110  
GA 65 82 84 96 84 93 82 89 89 77  
GD -2 3 -3 -6 -24 -16 4 -19 9 33  
PTS 62 52 59 55 46 59 66 49 72 85  

Fa Cup 4th Qual 1st Rd 3rd Qual 4th Qual 4th Qual 4th Qual 4th Qual 4th Qual 2nd Rnd 1st Rnd  
FA Trophy Semi 3rd Rd 2nd Rd 2nd Rd 2nd Rd 2nd Rd 4th Rd 2nd Rd 4th Rnd 2nd Rnd  
Top Scorer (League) Bright Amoateng Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor  
Goals (League) 18 43 33 47 37 44 44 40 49 45  

Training Facilities   Basic Basic Basic Below Average Below Average Below Average Below Average Below Average Below Average Below Average
Youth Facilities   Basic Below Average Adequate Adequate Adequate Adequate Adequate Adequate Average Good
Youth Level   4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2
Youth Recruitment   Average Above Average Adequate Good Excellent Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional
Junior Coaching   Average Adequate Good Excellent Excellent Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional

11 minutes ago, Barnsley said:

Finding it really frustrating now this one. 11 seasons in and still feel nowhere near getting out the league. Just cannot find the working tactic, thought i had it last year but losing in the playoff final 6-1 seems to have killed me. Started off the 11th season horrifically and struggling to find consistency. All my team stats through the league are right up there in the top few, shots/crosses/shots on target/possession.

Facilities are finally in a good position, team is okay - nothing too special. Feel like I am probably about the ability of where I should be really media prediction was 14th again. But the last two seasons gave me hope making the playoffs twice. 

Sorry just on a bit of a moany post here frustrated!

image.thumb.png.8f9d3f45367ce9ff2ba86790b5001279.png

Season 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Year 22/23 23/24 25/26 26/27 27/28 28/29 29/30 30/31 31/32 32/33 33/34
League Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North Van North
Prediction 18th 24th 22nd 19th 19th 18th 14th 20th 17th 14th 14th
Comments                 Lost in playoffs Lost in playoff final  

Place 12th 20th 14th 15th 20th 12th 11th 17th 7th 3rd  
Played 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46  
Won 17 15 15 17 13 17 18 15 22 25  
Draw 11 7 14 4 7 8 12 4 6 10  
Loss 18 24 17 25 26 21 16 27 18 11  
GF 63 85 81 90 60 77 86 70 98 110  
GA 65 82 84 96 84 93 82 89 89 77  
GD -2 3 -3 -6 -24 -16 4 -19 9 33  
PTS 62 52 59 55 46 59 66 49 72 85  

Fa Cup 4th Qual 1st Rd 3rd Qual 4th Qual 4th Qual 4th Qual 4th Qual 4th Qual 2nd Rnd 1st Rnd  
FA Trophy Semi 3rd Rd 2nd Rd 2nd Rd 2nd Rd 2nd Rd 4th Rd 2nd Rd 4th Rnd 2nd Rnd  
Top Scorer (League) Bright Amoateng Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor Anthony Connor  
Goals (League) 18 43 33 47 37 44 44 40 49 45  

Training Facilities   Basic Basic Basic Below Average Below Average Below Average Below Average Below Average Below Average Below Average
Youth Facilities   Basic Below Average Adequate Adequate Adequate Adequate Adequate Adequate Average Good
Youth Level   4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2
Youth Recruitment   Average Above Average Adequate Good Excellent Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional
Junior Coaching   Average Adequate Good Excellent Excellent Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional

Seems you are scoring plenty but also conceding a lot. Are the goals coming from open play or set pieces? I’d probably try focusing on a counter attacking formation especially is you have pace up top.

Never had this happen before, won't really matter as instead of start of vacation we will move in during early part of the season

image.png.de16cc1a72839ef6dad1e0637bf504e4.png

Also, I love how generous the board has been in my pay for this save...

image.png.eebadd9fd323b6eeda81aac0c83c0cf5.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

Well it was a nice run for six seasons

image.png.0291cd46d6ba3c8f8bf7fbb342da2125.png

Will have to find another league methinks.

Frustrating last few games where i have more chances and possession and lose goals on corners, free kicks, or random mistakes. Meanwhile strikers cant hit a barn door!

Any recommendations for an easy-ish league for this challenge? 

Edited by russ the womble

7 hours ago, russ the womble said:

Well it was a nice run for six seasons

image.png.0291cd46d6ba3c8f8bf7fbb342da2125.png

Will have to find another league methinks.

Frustrating last few games where i have more chances and possession and lose goals on corners, free kicks, or random mistakes. Meanwhile strikers cant hit a barn door!

Any recommendations for an easy-ish league for this challenge? 

My Spain save goes really well. Spain has plenty of talent and coaches. You can choose a promoted club from five different leagues on the 4th level. They are already professional. The first promotion isn't too hard if you pick your club smartly. The second promotion is a bit harder, but if you get in La Liga 2 the tv money comes in and you can start upgrading facilities. Warning is that the leagues have minimum wages and wage caps for registration. So read the rules of the league!!!

11 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

Seems you are scoring plenty but also conceding a lot. Are the goals coming from open play or set pieces? I’d probably try focusing on a counter attacking formation especially is you have pace up top.

Yeah, I cannot stop conceding goals it has been a problem in every season, i am wide open. Have tweaked in alot of areas and I haven't been able to find the right formula. My 2 CB's are so slow, and they get done over the top so often even when on drop back or low defensive set up, they still always seem to get caught out. My keeper is also pretty poor and there is nothing I can do about that, i just haven't had a decent enough keeper as yet. We are 15 points off the playoffs at the half way stage, it is going to take something quite incredible to get near but we will give it a shot!

2 hours ago, Ray46 said:

My Spain save goes really well. Spain has plenty of talent and coaches. You can choose a promoted club from five different leagues on the 4th level. They are already professional. The first promotion isn't too hard if you pick your club smartly. The second promotion is a bit harder, but if you get in La Liga 2 the tv money comes in and you can start upgrading facilities. Warning is that the leagues have minimum wages and wage caps for registration. So read the rules of the league!!!

Right - one more random scandinavian save but if I fail then I'll go to Spain as that sounds a bit more palatable. Professional status straight off sounds like a dream lol.

51 minutes ago, Barnsley said:

Is model citizen the best type of personality to look out for?

In terms of players and staff, yes.

In this same level, I'd rate it with Model Professional and give or take Resolute and Resilient. Maybe Perfectionist too.