The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@XaWsuper talent with your DM, one to build the team and around and start praying you can keep him for a good few years!

@glennuk well done getting back to the EPL

@Daddycongratulations on second place and the Europa win. You seem to be making real steady progress and if you are bulking up your numbers and quality in the youth team you will be well positioned to finish this challenge

Well this is awkward. 

1984910296_OffersmadeforOFKBeogradsIvanStoi.png.f309791b062aa49e9662e72c045f9894.png

What makes it all the more awkward is that Fiorentina and Napoli have been offered to loan the player back to me. I know that I can't accept the loan back, I honestly should've been smarter and tried to have it so he joined the clubs in the summer instead of the winter.

6 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

@XaWsuper talent with your DM, one to build the team and around and start praying you can keep him for a good few years!

@glennuk well done getting back to the EPL

@Daddycongratulations on second place and the Europa win. You seem to be making real steady progress and if you are bulking up your numbers and quality in the youth team you will be well positioned to finish this challenge

Thanks @Neo_Geo.

On a side note, I never post my cup results as I just play my youth and inevitable crash out relatively early...hope that's okay.

29 minutes ago, glennuk said:

Thanks @Neo_Geo.

On a side note, I never post my cup results as I just play my youth and inevitable crash out relatively early...hope that's okay.

To be honest I feel like I take longer writing up the season end than actually playing through a season, so no issues from my point of view if you skip out some of the detail. It’s the league that counts until that becomes a given then it’s all about Europe.

Giorgio-Bozzato-.jpg.7689938a7d19480849ecae2adcfe76d3.jpg

Season 2022 / 2023

Ended up starting over with my beloved Arzignano. Got close to promotion again but I prefer to stay in Serie C for now.

Got a couple of good talents in first intake.

GL ALL !!  :) 

20220708230057_1.thumb.jpg.cb5c96f3407c41373ee6a82c73c1b9fb.jpg20220708230105_1.thumb.jpg.9a3246ec4978f3db751931572b32a39b.jpg

20220709021131_1.jpg20220709021113_1.jpg

Edited by Diego D10S

On 19/06/2022 at 19:51, glennuk said:

Paul Price (YP18A) - I was excited by him as soon as I saw him. He isn't far from first team level (CB is one of our weakest areas), he has a great personality and when he signed his contract he was immediately worth between 10-17.7 mil. Which would make him our 4th highest valued player. He does need to improve his mentals and he has been put on defensive positioning training straight away. He will get playing time very soon indeed. Could he be a wonderkid? Only time will tell, but either way he is the most promising player to come out of our youth intake in a long time.

image.thumb.png.74a3cafe94c0e3e4ac8ac861ddc42673.png

Thought this was worthy of a post. My FIRST wonderkid!!

I thought Paul Price (YP18A) had the potential to be a wonderkid when I first saw him and he has just officially turned into one now, also not long ago he changed from Driven to Perfectionist.

image.thumb.png.5bf4601bab4574c6d87c8bce929fbf3d.png

image.png.7e8d9eca7cf4165904a705752c6127c7.png

OFK Beograd - Season 6 - Youth Intake

281473251_ResultsBeforeYouthIntake.png.a133f9e729a1e13a88e65ce91783134b.png

So we've had just 6 matches since the winter break started, and we have gone unbeaten. I'd have liked to have won more games, but 12 points from a possible 18 possible points is a good sign.

268765940_TableAfter27Games.png.a542e55a0862b22fe8f50db6d82a8390.png

We have managed to secure a top-four in the first part of the season already, so we will be fighting for a 2nd promotion in six seasons. I don't see the title being a realistic possibility having already lost twice to Zeleznicar (P) this season. Still, having beaten OFK Vrsac we have a great chance of getting promoted automatically.

430235238_OFKBeogradYouthCandidates.thumb.png.cd3a934a7b45f04cef69418161277b68.png

Still, we've had our youth intake and while the quality of potential was exciting, the personalities of the players were disappointing, and makes me wonder if I want to be keeping hold of my current HoYD.

1231345715_LjubomirMiljkovic.thumb.png.0197b35a0dd9d8635f07dc3e779cb5dc.png

Still, despite the personality not being as good as I'd hope it'd be, Ljubomir Miljkovic is an exciting young winger. I'll be training him to be able to play higher up the wings, but I believe he'll be able to cope rather nicely.

1366812697_LukaMisic.thumb.png.c1bb9b40c609b40c8e9e11d7ace7ef84.png

The first of two exciting defenders, and Luka Misic is really tall. Could be an amazing target for our corners, and could be a player that will really help us defending corners. His determination and personality will hopefully be something we can mentor.

1330779533_MiloradJovicevic.thumb.png.868dd9436e4535c65e4749e9b6d72a15.png

This time, we have an exciting goalkeeper. Milorad Jovicevic's personality isn't ideal, but he's pretty exciting either way.

143122414_RadoslavMrda.thumb.png.14a233e05c53c73eb3d54bb3cd3bc267.png

We have another exciting defender, and this time his personality is much better. His attributes are also pretty good, and Radoslav Mrda could give me more options at the back.

1657634012_StefanDikovic.thumb.png.892448010f8889ba620f21b23f58b83c.png

The last person I want to talk about is Stefan Dikovic, his personality is pretty good and his attributes are exciting as well. Having more options on the left wing and up from is always pretty nice to have.

The pre-season review doesn't rate us very highly and we're favourites to get relegated (as expected). At least we're not predicted to finish dead last, so as long as we manage to overperform our expectations by one or two league places we will be fine. On the other side of the spectrum, Nürnberg are firm favourites to go up, with Kaiserslautern expected to finish second.

image.png.fa2b0cf083fc82e5b27f1a1e4b918fcc.png

Our squad is rather unbalanced, with a majority of our most talented players being central midfielders. It would have been nice to have more diversity among our best players, but at least it presents an opportunity to give some of our youth players a chance in the first team. None of them are really good enough to be starting yet but they can certainly have an impact as a sub or as a rotation player. 

image.png.9e33b216fe5b8f10aeacccc171a818b5.png

I've decided to call up 4 youth players to our first team. This will help them develop and also to replace our outgoing players (mostly old deadwood leaving on frees). First is Theo Harz, who has the highest potential (according to my staff) of all our current U19 players. He's pretty mediocre currently, but has good pace and fitness. Not going to start this season over our first choice winger Zografakis, but a solid sub.

image.png.c36ef0e4bcbbf4132087484b3242d610.png

Next is our highest potential striker Leon Kammradt. Actually already a pretty decent player given his good finishing, touch and dribbling. Not very slow either, and knows how to move without the ball. Unfortunately he's really let down by his physicals. 4 stamina, 8 NF and 9 strength means he just isn't going to ever be a consistent starter, but really good as an impact sub. Really a shame his fitness is so bad, since one of our weakest positions is striker. 

image.png.87d8e48ef46b9350011db3aaaa9ef6fe.png

Finally I decided to promote Tristan Woitina. Cant really cross, or take a shot, or press. Really just a pace merchant, but with excellent flair and technique. His work rate and fitness isn't the worst, so he is going to be a useful squad player in a position where we sorely lack depth.

image.png.34d4826bd9178600dff81481a7cd5691.png

Finally I decided to bring in a new Head of Youth Development and Assistant Manager. Both are pretty good for this level and I'm surprised I managed to get both of them considering there was some interest from Bundesliga clubs. Interestingly our HOYD is ethnically Turkish and has a good reputation and knowledge of Turkey, so I'm hoping to see some good Turkish regens coming through our ranks.

image.png.b655d252baa23091c875c3a03809fb13.png

image.png.6f812b7b933c4c91587915a84bf2b1dc.png

Knattspyrnufélagið Afríkuliðið - Football Manager 2019 Guide - FM19 Team  Guides

XaW - Knattspyrnufélagið Afríkuliðið - Youth intake 2029

1nkaxnS.png

Another strong intake, but the lower end starts to dip, and that's a positive, as it means the first team is getting stronger.

lZEg9MO.png

A deep striker. Not a bad addition to the team!

KFqI7rx.png

zYvDU5B.png

snkgPSm.png

BsMUicq.png

bisceglie-logo-sm.png

Youth Intake Season 7

Screen-Shot-2022-07-09-22-40-32.20.png

Well, a GK and two possible strikers as elite talents. Basically exactly what we need, just the personalities are not that great. Well a CD would be nice as well, maybe next time? In general i am quite happy with that intake. Sure those unamibitious guys annoy a bit, but i dont have the resources available to expect much better right now.

Screen-Shot-2022-07-09-22-46-06.65.png

bisceglie-logo-sm.png

Season 7 Review

It was a tough season. We had a good start with 11 points out fo 6 games, but then we lost many in a row and i started experimenting with tactics. To make things worse my board sold our best defender d'Amato 25A in the winter, which made our previously mediocre defense quite shaky.  Our strikers needed numerous amounts of chances to score usually, but the main problem i saw in the second half were the wingers - they were simply too slow ( a general problem of our squad btw, just most obvious with the wingers). At the end of the season i left wingers away completely and played with a narrow diamond and two strikers - that helped us at least to secure place 16.

In the end we had to play the relegation playoff against Genoa. Lost the first away leg 3-2, fought back at home and won 3-2, overtime didnt decide anything so we had to win our first penalty shootout ever. And we did :) One more year Serie B!

Next season almost all of our original players will be gone - only Cozza and Mantorel will be left.  The first season without Tuttisanti as main force in the central midfield. I will continue to try my luck with narrow formations for a bit, because the younger wingers in our system also lack some speed. And simply hope we can survive Serie B for one more year.

League

Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-08-02-05.52.png

Competitions

Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-09-35-38.20.png

Line Up

Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-09-39-09.01.png

Accolades

Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-09-39-41.05.png

Transfers

Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-09-36-30.53.png

Shirts

Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-09-37-54.95.png

3 featured players

Alessio Tuttisanti - bit sad that he is leaving us - was in the first XI all the time since now. 
           Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-09-47-16.01.png

Walter Cozza - the only one besides the GK Mantorel of the original players left
           Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-09-48-11.35.png

Ferro 26B - our best central defender now ... i hope he continues to develop a bit
           Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-09-50-40.25.png

Summary

Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-09-43-51.82.png

Another great player has left us, but this time I sanctioned it. His contract was running out and he refused to talk about a new one.

tO9XiqO.png

MHdB3xX.png

image.png.ad3b259c1b0d3ea09dffd20c3f68dfe0.png

Njarðvik FC - Youth intake Season 4 - 2025

Youth intake preview

3fbbe2bfd654e75b2569a525705627a1.png

The best intake attribute average wise with 38.68 and one potential star from my home country.. belgium! We needed a DMC and we got a superb one. and we got our first players from outside Reykjanesbær.

Spoiler

f82639b1e6d99ca1a588203c58dc9c89.png

2eee3fc836329c6ec5c7880f7d65f764.png 8134dccec309950518c81d5c4a47c115.png e0902fadac91fb65ef83b4743d800009.png

With Jónsson 25F we got our future DC (maybe next season) , with Ólafsson 25E i think that i can retrain him to an inside forward and he could become a first eleven player. Our absolut star is Wolfs 25B , he'll start next season as our main midfielder !

ab59618bce882f1147b3c4d84fc5faec.png

f629a3ba7a5ef2a3a93044f4cf297a82.png

I have missed the Youth Only Challenge, so I am back in the lower reaches in The Netherlands.  VV Den Ham finished bottom of their league in the seventh tier, so I have taken over.

Club Introduction

VV Drachtster Boys

VV Drachtster Boys - Club profile | Transfermarkt

The Manager

This is me.

uIzDtFT.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation               Qualifications    Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal       (0.25*)    None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Below Average        Below Average     Basic                 Average          Fairly Basic       Local   (0.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

image.png.9e3e15fdd97efa25daa1c049553e9867.png

Worthing FC - Season 23 - English Premier League - Mid Season Review & Youth Intake Preview

We started the Premier League season with a bang, with two wins in a row. I truly feel that the new tactic has worked wonders and we are much better prepared for the rigours of the Premier League. We have held our own in general, we even beat an ailing Liverpool team 2-1, but do tend to conceded a lot of goals, hence the low goal difference.

League - 12th

We are cruising in the league. Our home form is in the top 7 in the league (our away form is 3rd from bottom), which has given us hope against absolutely everyone. It looks like we are well away from the relegation battle and look more likely to finish in lower mid table (as hoped) than be facing a end of season battle to stay up.

image.thumb.png.7e64888bfa0635aacd56cad9077e2dd0.png

Youth Intake Preview

After the disaster of the Season 22 intake (we don't talk about that generation), we just needed to have some good news. Broto has given me hope that we are on the uptick in terms of youth. Luckily the GK is not the highest rated in the Youth Intake Preview...woohoo.

image.thumb.png.ffcb3221aa78220359ca369753aab421.png

Stadium & New Affiliate

We have now got a decent size stadium for the Premier League at 33,120, which we sold out for every home game since. Hoping that with 100% attendance we may be able to get another expansion soon.

image.thumb.png.b4a491b741fedd64ee1b33da2149a90c.png

We also got an important new affiliate, which will give us youngsters from the selected team. We were thinking about a team from Portugal, Germany or Belgium and in the end we went with Royal Excel Mouscron, who have great training and excellent youth facilities along with good academy coaching. This could be a big boon for the club.

image.thumb.png.6f1cdca31060725dcab689f22a300462.png

Edited by glennuk

32 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

It is realistic that you are losing that kind of players but not good for this challenge @XaW . You really had some great intakes and i love all those nationalities in a country like Iceland, very special.

Yeah, I know, but I'm just annoyed the board are selling them over my head. I mean, I sold the one guy who had a contract that was running out and was way too good for this league. A few of the other guys were not even rated as top tier players. It's mostly down to the clubs lack of reputation since I ran up the leagues as fast as I did. It will even out soon enough, but still annoying when it happens. And especially since it was my 3 best central midfielders...

9 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I know, but I'm just annoyed the board are selling them over my head. I mean, I sold the one guy who had a contract that was running out and was way too good for this league. A few of the other guys were not even rated as top tier players. It's mostly down to the clubs lack of reputation since I ran up the leagues as fast as I did. It will even out soon enough, but still annoying when it happens. And especially since it was my 3 best central midfielders...

Yes that is not a good thing , if you compare it with my current team, nobody is trying to get any of my players yet and that is not realistic.. but also because of our reputation is already big enough to keep most icelandic or nordic teams away.

Edited by OlivierL

hSH1jAC.png?2

2030/31 Midseason Review:

nRXIRen.png

Having to rotate a ton with schedule congestion and as a result we're just not getting the league results I think we're capable of. Hopefully we can get back in the top 3 and get a return trip to Champions League. 

XRjCSzg.png

JACWVso.png

Maybe I wound up with an easier group than I realized. Maybe we're just better than I realized and the Ukrainian League is the real mountain to climb. I'll laugh if I win the Champions League, which I don't think I'm doing this season - though who knows at this point, before I win the league title.

cfjVpkL.png

If I can beat Villarreal and Dortmund I expect to do well against Atletico. 

ofXsNQU.png

Disappointed to not see some strength at Full Back or Winger as that's where we're thinnest now. 

FC Red Star Zürich - Season 3 (25/26)

spacer.png

League Table

1832263122_FinalTable.png.c0f8609f1171cf026269857388da530d.png

This season was our first in the Promotion League, the 3rd tier, and I'd say it went pretty well. I genuinely don't know what came over the players this year, but they just decided they should play well above expectations. I didn't change anything about the tactic and it was mostly the same squad as last year, so I have no idea where this came from. Highlights of the year include having only 1 loss in our first 11 games and a 6-2 away win over 2nd place Bellinzona. I feel like we couldn't possibly continue this form into next year, but that's what I said at the beginning of this season.

Swiss Cup

781572275_SwissCup.png.3e1b40fc8e69cd89f93552737065cfa3.png

Our form in the league couldn't be replicated in the Swiss Cup, as we lost 3-1 in the second round to FC Sursee, a team who got relegated this year. I'd like to give a special shout out to our 1 travelling supporter.

Intake

Intake.png.0ce97446e100bd12fe8b00ca05437ce8.png

A pretty decent intake this year. Decent potential on a few players, and some could even challenge for backup spots in the first team. We are still in desperate need of center-backs though.

1193947596_FlorianImoberdorf.png.7e0457639b2ddaf2c2d37fde1dd9ca92.png

1824866724_RogerDiallo.png.b991bf1e9fd630f7d2514daec5df43e6.png

716690671_SaidVrzic.png.407eba500b5e62c938ed3c487e3fc65f.png

1927482421_YvanFelder.png.599a4463be5104ba769069eca7dc8e1e.png

We added Croatia, North Macedonia, Serbia, and Turkey in this year's intake

Countries: 20/227 (8.81)

Intake Map

Off The Field

We had no changes to our facilities this year, good or bad. I got my National C License in the middle of the season, but the board has so far not agreed to pay for the next course. Now that we'll be in the second division, I think the goal is to spend at least a few years there and repair the finances before we're really able to tackle improving our facilities.

Knattspyrnufélagið Afríkuliðið - Football Manager 2019 Guide - FM19 Team  Guides

XaW - Knattspyrnufélagið Afríkuliðið - Youth intake 2030

NfnZrPF.png

A very good intake again.

o7I6wfq.png

Well, a good midfielder is needed now that the board are selling all of my players.

iPo8rll.png

s5pmn0v.png

snkgPSm.png

XvvHLdL.png

bisceglie-logo-sm.png

Youth Intake Season 8

Well the personalities could be better, a lot. Otherwise i like that we got some decent striker and winger prospects - next time two really good central defenders please ;)

Screen-Shot-2022-07-11-16-37-14.25.png
Screen-Shot-2022-07-11-16-35-28.71.png

image.png.37da2eb870adfcc57f8a3fc2bd71a5e3.png

OFK Beograd - Season 6 Review

13085602_ResultsAfterYouthIntake.png.5cf64a609dfca47c6e9c296922998c80.png

After the youth intake we had already been secured a top-half finish in the league, but what we needed to do was try and do really well in the 2nd phase of the league. Yet, we found ourselves losing 3 games in a row and it made me worry that something was going to go wrong.

2064712803_TableAfter37Games.png.0db90f03714a7bd99aad1b387aee3f28.png

Ladies and gentlemen, we have finally gotten our first piece of silverware. It took us until the last game of the season to actually ensure we were going up as champions. It really made me wonder if we could have bottled a league title win.

478656198_Promotionhopefulsgetsetforrun-in.png.609035ee49497b91853facb4388f0ba3.png

To show how close we came to actually bottling the league title, with 4 games to go we had an 8-point lead, and the 3 defeats in a row we suffered made things far more interesting than it should have done. We actually only officially secure promotion after losing to Zlatibor, which was rather annoying.

2093662696_KrikibringsglorytoOFKBeograd.png.a77d99ee7fae21958793dc980caee754.png

The fact that this was such a shock title win tells me that we will potentially be struggling in the SuperLiga next season. Hopefully we don't come crashing back down to the 2nd tier again.

760825686_IconicKrikibuildsOFKBeogradlegacy.png.21bd13d2c25c6a91348788e003e48694.png

We have also become a club icon with our first title win. It tells me that getting promotion to the SuperLiga in the first season made me a favourite person, which was rather nice of them.

334482049_OFKBeogradtodelayrequiredstadiumexpansion.png.ec8cb082d99b633e266862f4ab16b237.png

Unfortunately the stadium problems we had last time we were in the top flight are in fact, still an issue.

2052558174_IvanStoi170528.thumb.png.f3006612415c26ae96674225ff11f8cd.png

We're also losing our best player Ivan Stosic to Napoli in the summer, which isn't ideal.

1533557348_Stanojevicaskstodiscussfuture.png.6dcc5ff6d0b9473f64924bfa1bfe6e19.png2101510277_LazarStanojevic230528.thumb.png.9bad44e6ca7f143573fd8454d496708c.png

Another annoying issue is the fact that my best goalkeeper is looking to leave for a bigger club. I'm most likely going to need to sell him in the summer to ensure we don't lose him for free. This is not ideal as we attempt to survive in the top flight this season.

1009874396_FacilitiesDowngraded.png.43f510376a2bf75a8aec2f95298f5a80.png

Also, to add insult to injury, our youth facilities have become downgraded as well. It keeps on getting worse by the day.

358033883_SeasonStats.png.498f2f6d86156f0eff9b902ee5f227aa.png

On 10/07/2022 at 10:41, Daddy said:

Maybe I wound up with an easier group than I realized. Maybe we're just better than I realized and the Ukrainian League is the real mountain to climb. I'll laugh if I win the Champions League, which I don't think I'm doing this season - though who knows at this point, before I win the league title.

Not ready for my next update but I can confirm I did not win the Champions League. Fun little preview: I got demolished by a team with Moukoko, Mbappe, Vinicius Junior, Bellingham, and Tonali. 

It's been awhile since I played FM22. Got the itch again!

I wanted to manage in Europe as my previous attempts on this challenge have been in China. I ended up choosing Spain. I ended up choosing Barakaldo because they are in Spain and also are in Basque Country.

spacer.png

Barakaldo C.F. - Segunda División RFEF - Grupo II - 2022/2023

Manager | Club Vision | Facilities | Squad

There are three players in the previous youth intake that I'm very interested in seeing how far they can develop in our first season.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

I have a question for those that previously played in Spain. Is this partnership going to be a problem in the future?

spacer.png

If I do get players from Athletic, I don't play on playing them anyway.

IK_Sleipner_logo.png.194eee15f8b2250989900f90240cf160.png

IK Sleipner
Youth intake preview 2023

It looks like a decent preview. I really need some defenders, as my current two DC's are a bit old (31y and 36y), while I've only got one back-up DC(from 2022 intake). So sometimes my back-up DR needs to play as DC. Let's hope that these two centre-backs from this preview are talented!

9wZREzW.jpg