FM 21 Pregame Editor Changes

Scottababc

14 minutes ago, markmullan said:

When using the pre-game editor it doesn’t appear to show any reserve team managers or under 18 managers or some back room staff when looking at each club. They appear in the game but not in the editor.

Any ideas? 

Are you sure these are real people?

Otherwise there's an option to add staff when you start the game so regens will be created.

On 25/11/2020 at 07:47, alian62 said:

This didnt seem to have any effect on any of the options i chose . My stadium seemed to remain the same so maybe it isn't stadium related so not sure what they do?

stadium.thumb.png.3c7641b9c5ab67491ab59525f6307c0a.png

1 minute ago, Fredrik said:

Are you sure these are real people?

Otherwise there's an option to add staff when you start the game so regens will be created.

Yeah, they are real people, for example when looking at Celtic the editor does not show Tommy McIntyre as reserve manager or Darren O’Dea as under 18 manager yet both appear in the game. And both are real people.

On 24/11/2020 at 22:47, alian62 said:

This didnt seem to have any effect on any of the options i chose . My stadium seemed to remain the same so maybe it isn't stadium related so not sure what they do?

stadium.thumb.png.3c7641b9c5ab67491ab59525f6307c0a.png

My guess for this would be that it affects training and youth development? But other than that I would have no clue.

1 hour ago, Scottababc said:

My guess for this would be that it affects training and youth development? But other than that I would have no clue.

This field is to determine the standard of the 3D environments in-game.

For Stadia this includes the dressing room, the dugout and press conference facilities. For Training Grounds, this includes the Boardroom or the manager's office.

On 29/11/2020 at 07:08, krlenjushka said:

Its disabled by default.

Screenshot_180.png.f17ce0df0725f7509288490cfb956388.png

Of course there is no any information about removed or new added features in editor. We should stop raising issues in bugs forum. All of us!

I'm trying to disable VAR before starting my main save, I know for sure it is active on my beta save and it drives me mad. How can I start a new game with it turned off?

37 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

You need to edit database.xml in comp editor.fmf folder. Delete that <--  --> before and after VAR options and you will see again that option.

Question is why is removed?

Thank you mate, but I can't seem to find database.xml anywhere. I've tried looking in comp editor.fmf but it isn't in there for me :/ 

Edited by Otis

4 hours ago, KUBI said:

VAR can also be added/changed if you are using the ingame editor.

Please tell how.

However realistic it may be it drives me nuts.

Is there any way to remove new added "show rules for" option?

Screenshot_206.png.272189e9fa2102876cb3846df9142577.png

Option is not good for big league system. Not needed at all for small system.

I would really like to meet SI guys who thought this is good stuff :applause:

@wkdsouldo you have some ideas how to remove this "great" idea and set editor as previous one?

I tried something but no luck - i guess i lost my patience with fixing stupid things in editor.

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

Is there any way to remove new added "show rules for" option?

Screenshot_206.png.272189e9fa2102876cb3846df9142577.png

Option is not good for big league system. Not needed at all for small system.

I would really like to meet SI guys who thought this is good stuff :applause:

@wkdsouldo you have some ideas how to remove this "great" idea and set editor as previous one?

I tried something but no luck - i guess i lost my patience with fixing stupid things in editor.

I'll have a look

On 24/11/2020 at 15:18, andu1 said:

Club tactical attributes? Not sure if this was already before but do they change anything in regards to how an AI manager sets his formation or change his formation? BTW this is also bugged it doesn't change to what you select it from the dropdown!

image.thumb.png.c4c778e63c5e007f3d5acc53d1baf5c8.png

Same problem, doesn't change

• 3 weeks later...

Its so frustrating - almost imposible to edit advanced files with 50+ comps.

I have big file almost 200 comps in this list.

I dont know where comps are located because i changed all comps to their real names.

With this dropmenu all files are listed in strange order - nations first, then top divisions, after that second divisions...

So if i wanna edit lets say france i need to find that specific league in this huge dropmenu.

Whoever added this stupid option - im sure he never added more than 10 leagues to any file.

How should i find anything in this chaos???

Screenshot_250.png.dc123dd225688fb0264a0388ebc02afe.png

I am still in FM20 with most of my edits, but I completely agree. In some cases it does help give some overview, because you have only one block to edit, but when working with extensive files you would want to be able to choose whether to have the option on or off.

8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I am still in FM20 with most of my edits, but I completely agree. In some cases it does help give some overview, because you have only one block to edit, but when working with extensive files you would want to be able to choose whether to have the option on or off.

I tried to work with my serbian lower leagues - more than 150 comps - its imposible. When i want change 1 small thing i need to scroll all the way down. In previous versions i would already be there because i edited next comp.

Whoever i responsible for this - im sure he never edited file with more than 20 comps in it. As you can see - editor options are moved this year. I guess we have new guy responsible for this with some great ideas.

This simply is not.

One more example where lack of communication between SI and customers is NEEDED.

Real communication - not that funny bugs forum or future requests section where any guy can write anything he wants.  By any guy i mean guys who doesnt know almost anything about editor - they have many st***d ideas,nonsense comments or they raise some silly issues in bugs forum.  In many cases those "issues" and "bugs" are not bugs but they messed up something. I dont wanna be disrespectful but this is waste of time.

Same guys month later asks for help in editors section for some basic problems.

Future requests section is even worse. You cant ask some rookies about their opinion related to editor. Most of them doesnt know how to access advanced rules or how to load XML files. Some guys asks for things that are already implemented in editor.

On 26/12/2020 at 08:09, krlenjushka said:

I tried to work with my serbian lower leagues - more than 150 comps - its imposible. When i want change 1 small thing i need to scroll all the way down. In previous versions i would already be there because i edited next comp.

Whoever i responsible for this - im sure he never edited file with more than 20 comps in it. As you can see - editor options are moved this year. I guess we have new guy responsible for this with some great ideas.

This simply is not.

One more example where lack of communication between SI and customers is NEEDED.

Real communication - not that funny bugs forum or future requests section where any guy can write anything he wants.  By any guy i mean guys who doesnt know almost anything about editor - they have many st***d ideas,nonsense comments or they raise some silly issues in bugs forum.  In many cases those "issues" and "bugs" are not bugs but they messed up something. I dont wanna be disrespectful but this is waste of time.

Same guys month later asks for help in editors section for some basic problems.

Future requests section is even worse. You cant ask some rookies about their opinion related to editor. Most of them doesnt know how to access advanced rules or how to load XML files. Some guys asks for things that are already implemented in editor.

True. I have redirected people to the editors forum several times because the bug is not an issue, but because the user is not aware how things work in the editor.

We are looking to get this improved (this is including the mods) so SI can work on the things that are really bugs and don't lose time on the things that are unclear for the user.

5 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

True. I have redirected people to the editors forum several times because the bug is not an issue, but because the user is not aware how things work in the editor.

Unfortunately this is the case every year. I dont think there will be any improvement about this.

More than 10 years we tried to make better communication but without luck. 

Just take a look at editor bugs forum. Count how many threads are without any answer.

• 1 month later...

Not to mention that sh**y option "show rules for" is still here.

Its imposible to edit files with 50+ comps. For every small change i want to make i need to find that competition in dropdown list. And list is not same as advanced list - its sorted by division level and alphabetically i guess.

Whoever "invented" this - he is complete *****.

25 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Not to mention that sh**y option "show rules for" is still here.

Its imposible to edit files with 50+ comps. For every small change i want to make i need to find that competition in dropdown list. And list is not same as advanced list - its sorted by division level and alphabetically i guess.

Whoever "invented" this - he is complete *****.

Language, my dear sir. Language... A gentlemen needs to be careful about ones language.

Said this it absolutely shocking, that this st***d mistakes are still in game, god dame it. F***!!!! It is like they want to make editors life harder.

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. I am a complete novice when it comes to scripts but I am working on a database for Football Manager where I am building the best squads for each club from 1992-present day. I’ve been putting together a 25 man squad of the best players for many different leagues. It’s a long ass process!

The question I have for you is about retrieving previously deleted data in the editor. Is this possible?

So for example, if I need to get back Trent Alexander-Arnold or Erling Haaland once their original data has been deleted, is there a way to do that?

Thanks