Forgotten Gems

Ronaldo Beckham

So after posting in the Hidden gems thread it made me think there needs to be a thread where we post players who had chances at big clubs but didn't work out but they are still young enough they could go on and do a job for other clubs.

I have found some bargains in my Ajax save but here are a few players we might have forgot about and can still go onto to be good or even great players for your club.

Doria

image.thumb.png.312b272b22dc3753f3860c23976f3662.png

Doria who went to Marseille in 2014/15 season but never really got going there and ended up in Mexico playing for Santos Laguna. I have just signed him for my Ajax team for a bargain price of £850k.

He hasn't played much for me but I know I can depend on him when needed. Valued at £6.75m and if I sold him I would make decent profit off him. Only 26 years old as well.

Charly Musonda

image.thumb.png.a8fb3bbd00006a2a9cd14a6c31f396a3.png

Charly Musonda who Chelsea signed 9 years ago from RSC Anderlecht but barely a game for Chelsea, Was sent on loan to Real Betis, Celtic and Vitesse but was never given much game time.

There might be a reason for that but I have took the chance and signed him for £3m. I think this is great value if it works out for me as he is only 24 years old and suits my tactic well. Time will tell.

Vincent Janssen

image.thumb.png.a838c8ad65f7c6e52dc5c4bb1253c1f3.png

Another forgotten man Vincent Janssen who signed form Spurs 5 years a go at the same time Harry Kane was emerging as the best England striker in a generation. Poor Janssen only got 2 goals in 27 games in his first season and Spurs and then barely played after that. He went on loan to Fenerbache and then got signed up for £5.25m to CF Monterrey where he went on to score 23 goals in 51 games for them before I signed him for a bargain price of £1.5m. He can definitely score goals in the Dutch league after banging in goals for Almere City and AZ. His one season at AZ he scored 27 goals in 34 games.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Pato is available on a free at the start, isn't he?

BTW what are these backgrounds you're using? @Ronaldo Beckham

Pato is another good shout. He seems to do well when I have seen him in saves so far.

The backgrounds are from a mega pack.

I downloaded the pack from sortitoutsi

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

14 hours ago, Hoarau said:

Still have a fond spot for Eder Balanta... what could have been.

Haha - came on here to post this because I saw him play last night - he was in the Club Brugges team that played Dortmund.

14 minutes ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Haha - came on here to post this because I saw him play last night - he was in the Club Brugges team that played Dortmund.

While he clearly didn't live up to the hype he did a lot better than most do, He is playing in a decent league and continental football

6 hours ago, Trevomac said:

No idea where these players are but just throwing out some names that spring to mind:

Ché Nunnely

Zakaria Bakkali

Mammana

Ould-Chikh

Kuki

Lucas Romero

Thiago Maia

Good choices. I used to love Lucas Romero whenever I signed him he would be awesome and I always signed him cheap and sold him for loads.