Wallace v Roberts 2009

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Northern Monkeys - October

Match 6

Heavy favourites against Wigan, we really didn't live up to expectations and can be thankful they missed a penalty that would have put them two up. A late header from Smith leaves us grateful for the single point.

MoM: Lafita - our keeper gets it - says it all.

Match 7

Toughest challenge yet against a fantastic Chelsea team. They pretty much buried us with 3 early goals, but Manuel (who else?) started the rally with another 18 yarder, before setting up Lofforgue late on to make it 3-2 and give us some hope. For the last few minutes, they were as likely to score as we were though, so it's hard to argue with this.

MoM: Manuel! Now also our top scorer with 5. Just praised him in the press, so that'll be the end of that.

Match 8

Another tough game to Arsenal away, made harder by missing Manuel and Diego through injury. Senior and young Fernando came in and did well, and we'll take a 0-0 at the Emirates any time.

MoM: Smith

Match 9

Man Utd aren't force they were so we went into this confident of a result. I'd noticed that their central defence was makeshift - comprised of a reserve and youth player with no pace and place in a Premier League team. Unfortunately we didn't really make the most of it, but two fine goals by KdV saw us run out comfortable 2-0 winners.

MoM: KdV

Match 10

Aston Villa are a good team, but have been struggling this season. Unfortunately their star striker hit form with an early hat-trick, and it was curtains. We did well second half, but Lafforgue's late goal was no more than consolation.

The Man Utd game, as it turns out, was our last game ever at Croft Park,with the board announcing the eventual completion of the new stadium. Blyth Stadium (hats off for creativity, board) should see us really push on, being twice the size of the old one. Hopefully there's loads of room for expansion in future...

At the end of the month, we sit a respectible 6th. League table

I offered KdV a new contract, didn't like the thought of losing him for nothing. I'm fairly sure you'll want rid of him based on how you operate but he's decent backup if need be. He's pretty much rotating with Henriksen this season, next year I'd expect us to bring in someone who's at least as good as Lafforgue and both will be further down the pecking order, so he won't be needed as much.

Doubt we'll get much for him though - his value has dropped off a cliff since the start of the season - down to about $2.5 million. In hindsight I could've got about $8m at one stage, but it seemed too low - ah well.

On the centre back front, I've got a bid in for another promising looking Brazilian. I'll probably try and let you have a look at him to decide if you'll want him, as it'll be about $8m, the majority of the remaining transfer budget. We're actually just waiting a work permit appeal decision, which should come through. Although - I'm trying to offload Nobre as he hasn't played much and does nothing but moan, if I can get the same money, it'll be a like for like swap.

If we are going to challenge for the title and CL we are going to need players like him. I'm assuming he's got a few years left on his contract so it might be worth hanging on to him, unless the chairman steps in.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get £50-60m for him.

January Update:

Welcome our new player Galy (Coach Report), he could be as good as Sorensen, I know thats not good but he was signed for free and he is already valued at £3.3m so I couldn't go wrong with him

Fulham 1-2 Braintree

1.1.29 - PL (21)

Really a game of two halves. They totally controlled the first half with a lot of chance and they scored from a corner in 38th minute. In Second, We pushed for an equalizer and didn't come till the last minute when Ford received the ball on the edge of the area and launched a great shot the went to the top corner, and when everyone seemed happy with a draw Fumagalli rose above everyone to meet Barry's corner with a thumping header to give us the 3 poinst. Chelsea drew their match with West Brom so that means we are top of the table.

Just noticed this: Steve Ford is a Wonderkid!!

Barnsley 0-1 Braintree

6.1.29 - FA Cup 3rd Rnd

An easy match, I expected them to win and they did. White scored the only goal with a tap in after Gibbons cross had passed the GK.

We got a very easy draw against L2 side Brighton in 4th Rnd of the FA Cup

Gardner broke his finger in training so he'll be out for 7 weekd during which we will play Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal. Really bad timing !!

Braintree 1-1 Chelsea

13.1.29 - PL (22)

It could've gone either way, I thought we have done it when Alexander slotted home a penalty 15 minutes from time but the canceled it straight away.

Dadson got injured for 2 weeks. Also, We broke the Attendance Record by 2 people!!

Bertani joined Udinese on loan for £250k

Everton 0-0 Braintree

20.1.29 - PL (23)

We were the better team and our chances were more dangerous but we just couldn't score!! This result puts us back to 2nd just a point away.

After coming back from injury Munro is yet to score a goal, he is suffering a drought

McCabe got injured for 4 weeks during training

Brighton 1-5 Braintree

28.1.29 - FA Cup 4th Rnd

I went attacking from the first minute because I thought Munro would get a goal and better late than never.

We drew Middlesbrough in 5th Rnd of the FA Cup. A tough draw but I think we can win.

Braintree 3-0 Liverpool

3.2.29 - PL (24)

A quite first half looked like it will end goalless but a last minute header from T.Ford broke the deadlock. We sealed the game 10 minutes into the second when Alexander slotted home a penalty. And the game against Brighton proved to be good for Munro as he scored a wonderful screamer.

I forgot to take screenshots of the table and the squad before the liverpool match so I decided to add it.

Squad - Malbon has been preforming greatly. Munro looks like he is hitting his form and this good prove vital.

Table - 1st \o/ !! but the league is tight

Next Month - with the liverpool game in the bag there are 3 tough matches left, I hoping for a draw against Arsenal and 2 cup wins.

February Update:

the Liverpool game is posted above

20 players have been called up for international duty

Braintree 0-0 Arsenal

10.2.29 - PL (25)

A bore draw just like what I want. Chelsea and Q.P.R. both won their matches so we are back down to 3rd just a point away.

Braintree 1-1 Middlesbrough

17.2.29 - FA Cup 5th Rnd

We conceded early on and that made the game harder for us but we managed to get equalizer 10 minutes from time when S.Ford was brought down in the area to give us a penalty which was converted by Henderson.

If we win in the reply we will be facing the only championship side left, Man Utd in the 6th Rnd.

Heerenveen 1-3 Braintree

22.2.29 - EL 1st Knockout Stg Leg 1

We were better throughout the match. The first goal came late in the first through a right footed volley from Munro. We doubled our lead and Munro got his second of the day 5 minutes in the second with low drive into the left corner. 10 minutes from Guzman made the score 3-0 with an identical goal to Munro's first, 3 minuted after, their defender got sent off for his second yellow and after that they got their consolation goal with a screamer. All of our goals were from Terziev's assists.

Just as Gardener got back to training, Malbon got injured

Tottenham 0-1 Braintree

25.2.29 - PL (26)

A really quite game the only thing to mention was the goal, Barry received Marsh's cross in the area and placed the ball in the bottom right corner.

Squad - Ford is having a drought but Munro is in form

Table - 12 games left and looks like a 3 way race now, let's hope we don't get carried away in the last games.

Next Month - A must win game against Q.P.R. if want the title!!

Fantastic stuff, even a top three finish would be a great achievement.

Interesting to see the goal droughts for Munro and Ford, it seems they just can't keep scoring together. In my season, the reason for Munro scoring so many could be down to Ford scoring just 3 in 30 games. I'm not surprised that Ford is a wonderkid though, the scouts/coaches were raving about him.

Northern Monkeys - November

Match 11

Our first game at Blyth Stadium was against Fulham. A near sell out saw us under the cosh for most of the match. An early Labourdette goal put us into a brief lead. With time running out, Tetteh evaded his man and played a sublime ball through for Lafforgue to finish and seal an unlikely looking win. Fulham are easily one of the top sides in the league, a 2-1 win was a great result.

MoM: Labourdette. At this stage, I'm much preferring him to the erratic Lewis Singh.

Match 12

Against struggling Middlesbrough, we were expected to get a good result. However three goals inside the first 6 crazy minutes saw us go 2 down then pull one back, only to go in 3-1 at half time. The hairdrier treatment saw us dominate the second half, but it took a late Diego penalty to secure only one point in a 3-3 draw.

League Cup 4th Round

After two easy games to get this far where the fringe men have done well for us, we played Fulham away. I didn't fancy sending lambs to the slaughter, and since we had an international break coming up, played a more or less full strength team. Regardless, Fulham battered us for 90 minutes but couldn't score. Extra time was a different matter. We dominated, and got the reward when Henriksen headed home a cross on 105 minutes. We face West Brom away in the quarter finals. Fulham must be sick of the sight of us. FT: Fulham 0-1 Blyth

Manuel's return is on hold after those stupid French threw him into an international before he was fully fit, and he picked up a different injury.

Match 13

Again went in as clear favourites against Charlton and after a sluggish first half, 2 goals by our centre backs from corners made our dominance pay, before young sub Puckett rounded things off nicely at 3-0

MoM: Diego

After a short month of fixtures (why does it feel like a big pile up is on the way?) we're 5th. League table

I havent had a look in here for a few days, but nice work in the league so far Bermy :)

a lot of transfers in and out, but im glad you got a reasonable amount for the free transfer that was Martz, and that we only lost 200k on Akkermans for his time with us.

how is Kvartsyanyi looking now? I honestly cant remember what i signed for just over half a million

March Update:

Braintree 3-1 Heerenveen

1.3.29 - EL 1st Knockout Stg Leg 2

We had a great start scoring 3 goals in six minutes. We started it off in the 17th minute when S.Ford recieved the ball with his back to goal and turned a put a nice placed shot in the bottom right corner, three minutes later it was Ford again but the this time he tap it in after a Munro pass, 3 minutes later Alexander made it 3 with a great header and that pretty much killed the match. They managed to pull one back in the second.

Man City beat Roma 6-3 in agg so we will play Man City in 2nd Knockout Stage.

Gardner dislikes Trezeiv and McCabe , is this something I should be worried about ?

Middlesbrough 0-1 Braintree

4.3.29 - FA Cup 5th Rnd Reply

The game could've gone either way.The only goal came when Munro capitalized on a sloppy back pass from the Middlesbrough midfielder.

Barry got injured for 3 weeks and Sørensen for 2 weeks.

And it popped out in the media!! They have to be joking, right?!!

Sunderland 3-3 Braintree

7.3.29 - PL (27)

We really sucked in the first half conceding and early goal and another in 35th minute. At half-time I told them I won't accept nothing less than a win and that really lifted them up scoring 2 goals in the first ten minutes, the first came from an own goal after a Terzeiv's cross, the second came after Stadsgaard scored our first free-kick of the season. After that we pushed for the lead and we got what we wanted when Alexander's pass fried up Munro in the area to unleash and strong shot in bottom left corner but our comeback wasn't complete because we conceded a late equalizer.

Man Utd 0-1 Braintree

10.3.29 - FA Cup 6th Rnd

Substitute Guzman scored from his first touch 38 seconds into the second half. We didn't play well but we are through to the next round.

We will play either Arsenal or Hull in the Semi Final and I sure hope it is Hull.

Man City 2-2 Braintree

15.3.29 - EL 2nd Knockout Rnd 1st Leg

A really important away draw. We managed to cancel their lead twice and we were lucky not concede anymore.

Braintree 3-1 Q.P.R.

18.3.29 - PL (28)

A really quite first half ended goalless. In the second half I pushed for the win and we got the lead 5 minutes in the second with a great header from Munro after a pin point cross from Terziev. in the 79th minute, we conceded a wonderful curly screamer that went to the top right corner but S.Ford put back in the lead with a nice placed shot from the edge of the area. 2 minutes later Stadsgaard launched an unstoppable shot form the left that went to the top right corner. A really vital win in the title race.

With his first match after his injury Sørnsen got injured again for 10 days

A last minute goal from Hull against Arsenal meant we will be facing them in the Semi Final. With that loss Arsenal Sacked the manager and who is on top of their list?

20 player have been called up for international duty.

Braintree 3-2 Man City (AET)

22.3.29 - EL 2nd Knockout Rnd 2nd leg

We took an early lead through a Alexander penalty but they canceled it straight away, We had the better chanced during the first half but we couldn't score. In the 58th minute we got what we wanted when Ruddick fired a great screamer to to left corner to give us the lead. When it looked we would win their striker popped up and scored the equalizer in the dying minutes. In extra time, we were the better team with a lot of chances but we left it late, Gibbons was the hero this time scoring with a low drive from the left.

We will play Everton in the Qtr Finals, 1st leg will be played at home, and if we win we will play either Sporting CP or Valencia in the Semi Final, Also the 1st will be played at home.

The Leeds game that was supposed to be played an the end of this month has been postponed.

Squad - They have played above my expectation. Stadsgaard was exceptional this month.

Table - 2nd with a 2 games in hand. I think now we are certain for a CL spot.

Next Month - We are in the latter stages of 3 competitions, I'm favoring the league for sure but which is more important CL or FA Cup? any advice will be appreciated.

And incase you didn't notice I have a game in the 1st day of April and the majority of the squad are on international duty!!

Ok so I was checking that every screenshot was right and when I opened the Man City leg 2 screenshot you will notice the Guzman got the 3rd goal from a penalty but what I wrote is that Gibbons got the 3rd goal, thats strange!!

so I checked the match report in my inbox and it also says the Guzman got the goal and I remembered that Gibbons got the goal so I watched the highlights and it show that Gibbons got the goal!!

this is very strange

Gardner dislikes Trezeiv and McCabe , is this something I should be worried about ?

And it popped out in the media!! They have to be joking, right?!!

Offer them new contracts just in case, it usually sorts out things like this.

Next Month - We are in the latter stages of 3 competitions, I'm favoring the league for sure but which is more important CL or FA Cup? any advice will be appreciated.

I would say FA Cup, but I think we could be in with a chance of making both finals with the draws we have. The league is the big priority though, I'd take a PL title over both the FA Cup and EL.

We are in fantastic position though :thup:

Northern Monkeys - December

Match 14

Went into this one against mid-table Sunderland and decided to go with all guns blazing, fielding the using 'home' formation. In the first minute it paid off, Lafforgue, crossing to strike partner Henriksen to power in the header. A mysterious red card after 6 minutes put us into an even better position. In the second half Puckett showed his potential with a cracker from 20 yards, before turning in a Manuel cross for his second to seal a great 3-0 away win. Injuries to Henriksen and Lafforgue thankfully didn't lead to them missing any more games.

MoM: Puckett

Match 15

Liverpool at home is a game we should ahve won. We dominated from start to finish, and a rare Kvist goal, turning home a deep cross at the back post put us in front. We somehow failed to add to it though, and paid the inevitable price when we lost one on the break 5 minutes from time, to be pegged back to 1-1.

MoM: Kvist

League Cup Quarter Final

Having already hammered West Brom this season, we rested a few players in this quarter final. The likes of Puckett, Kvartsyanyi, Soares (who I'm not keen on) and Elder getting starts. West Brom dominated though, and finally made a breakthrough right at the end, their centre forward not being picked up and scoring easily form a through ball. Faced with the dilemma of going out of a competition I now want to win, and the knowledge that a goal would result in energy sapping extra time, we went for it. Long balls, keeper up for set pieces, the works. It paid off, in the 86th minute Manuel crossed to a possibly offside Lafforgue, who headed home a dramatic equaliser.

Extra time it was then. We had the best of it again (our fitness levels are impressive) but with the ref seeminly playing 'next goal wins' rules, in the 122nd minute, Diego chased an overhit free kcik wide, and cut it back into the box to an onrushing Labourdette to smash home. Another dramatic winner!

MoM: Labourdette (signed as backup but quickly becoming a real favourite here)

Match 16

A clash of 5th v 4th here away to Derby. This followed the same script over 90 minutes as the last game. They pounded us throughout, although yet again we came into it more in the last 15 minutes. Despite that, Derby took the lead with just 7 minutes left. Then a massive up and under went through to their keeper outside the area, he dallied, Henriksen challenged him, won it and knocked home another late, late equaliser.

Melvin happily finally returned to the side.

MoM: Lafita - the keeper, again.

Match 17

Newcastle away was yet another tough game. The first half was a nightmare. Everything they hit on target went in like a rocket - 3-0 down and out. Not for the first time though, we rallied inn some style after half time, Henriksen, super-sub Elder and Lafforgue all netting in a superb 8-minute spell to bring us back on terms and launch an even better fightback than the Middlesbrough game. Sadly we couldn't find the winner, it finished 3-3.

Match 18

Another tough game. Spurs are 2nd and 6 points ahead of us, so a vital game for our Champions League hopes. We played well, and a Spurs sending off followed by a Lafforgue goal put us in a great position. But late on we were sickened by another wonder goal from their lone striker, to peg it back to 1-1. Another draw, that's 4 in a row in the league.

MoM: Lafforgue

Match 19

Make no mistake, Man City are rank rotten. They gave us an early fright by taking the lead though, only for Lafforgue with two headers, and Henriksen with a fine run and placed shot securing a comortable 3-1 win.

MoM Lafforgue, again

After a tough month with loads of away fixtures, we go into the new year in good shape, in 4th position. League table

Some transfer activity at the start of January. In comes Nonato for £8.25m. At odds with the scout report, our coaches reckon he can get better. At 6* ability and 7* potential, we seem to have quite the player here...he's a beast of a centre back. Note that he could be better than Diego, the £6.5m summer signing who is now being linked with £24m transfers, with a who's who of European football after him. We'll do well to hang onto this pair for the long term.

Nobre is hopefully being flogged to make space, with a few £7.5m + sell on bids accepted. Man Utd's bid was rejected though. They have NO centre backs, sit 19th and look good value to go down along with Man City.

Also in is a decent young Irish midfielder, Kendall Connor on a free, who might earn us a few bob. Finally, out goes Stafano Scotto, Sunderland paying a surprising £4.2m for the privelage.

A few other surprises were in store. Firstly, the £14m spent on Lafita isn't looking so daft after all. The Spanish national team keeper becomes presumably our first ever pick in the World Team of the Year. Even more surprisingly, 20 year old Manuel, with his 5 goals and 7.42 average rating this season, is named European Defender of the Year. Bear in mind our expert coaches were rating him as Championship class at the start of the season...

For anyone interested in how the new look squad is doing, the selection screen. Stand outs are: Lafita in goal and Manuel (obviously), Kvist, Diego and Labourdette. Lafforgue has been brilliant himself, but also given a new lease of life to Henriksen. I'm now thinking he's better than I thought - with a better quality of strike partner than KdV beside him, he's looking great.

Brambleten - Kvartsanyanyi (newly nicknamed a more manageable Andriy) is doing pretty well. As you can can see he has been used from the bench a lot, probably dragging his average down. But - the coaches love him - definitely a potential star.

Bermy.

Delighted you signed Pluckett. Excellent.

I don't like AMC's but if we have a manager that does then Cruse could be decent.

Elder. Passing of 7?

Diego looks great, but as well as a coach with decent JPP, you also need to look at the report from one with the relevant skills, (ie DEF in this case rather than attack).

Tetteh looks good, (again of you like to play AMC's), but I fear he might be hindered by a poor off the ball rating. He will be too easily marked.

Elam looks good, but do we need another young striker?

I looked at Labourdette a few times and was put off I think by his medium level of flair, (for an attacking wide player). £4M is a good price, he offers us depth on the left and can also swap over if required. Nice, (if not top drawer), although I notice he scored in Europe on his debut.

McInally?

Hello. My name is Bermy and I'm addicted to signing AMC's

Brunskill. Sack the scout:thdn:. lol Not even capped at U19 level. That's always an indicator for me.

Vyskoc. Nice bit of business. I like him. Another lefty too, (which will mean that Snelling and Singh can rotate on the right. Does that mean the end for Soares though?

Lafforgue. Good signing, (despite his Frenchness). I don't like his creativity for a front player, and I REALLY don't like his bravery for a big man, but he's still very good. He's NOT a Target Man though so don't fall into that trap.

Nobre. What is it with us and small centre-backs? Jumping ability could be his achilles heel.

Henriquez. I like him, and at that price he is a snip, but when I look at a DM I look at position and determination as key attributes. This guy if anything looks like he is a MC trying to play DM, (too good on the ball but not regimented enough to be a Makelele if that makes sense.

Ivan Mendez went for £8.5M:eek:!!!! Get in there. Now that's what I'm talking about. If they don't develop in quite the right areas then that exactly what we want. Out the door and pocket the cash. Excellent work Bermy. Any chance of a pic of him so I can see what he looks like now please.

Lafitah. Couldn't agree more. You've done well to sign him and I would say you got value for money given what else is out there. Could be your best signing so far, (and that's saying something):thup:.

Smith. Another DC under 6ft tall. lol. This guy is more to my liking though.

The only sale I would have had an issue with was GK Thompson, (but I can see why you let him go). the problem is that 33 is not that old for a GK, and we have already realised that the prices for GK's are skewed because of the lack of quality. I would have signed Latifah and kept Thompson as back-up at the cost of not signing one of the young AMC's. He has played back-up to the Duthman here in the past for 3 out of 4 years so we know he has decent hidden stats. Law looks almost so poor that we shouldn't have bothered.

[Edit]

I've just seen that we got £675,000 for Lumsden. Is that the most either the Softies or the Monkeys have received for a product of their academy. Excellent stuff.:thup:

I see that we got £450k as a loan payment for Ismael. (Is he the DC or the GK? I think he is the DC). That might seem to indicate that he is developing nicely.

£4.5M for Kevin Nash, (who I only laid out £500k for). Excellent. He's gonna be good, but he's not gonna be good enough for us I think so another good decision.

It was good money for Price and phenomenal money for Ek.

August comment.

I certainly don't have issues with Manuel. He scored some belters for me from full-back and at home he was first choice even 2 seasons ago. Away was a different story, but now with better player around him, (especially at the back), I would expect us to carry him a little more easily while his continues to develop.

When we play a weakened team, any chance you could show us some more info on how they got on, like the stats page for the team so we can see who played and how they performed. We don't need it when it is the senior guys playing. but it would be nice to see the impact that the fringe plaers have when they are given the chance.

Glad to see Henriksen still featuring and delivering. I know he's not your favourite striker at the club but he did well for me.

Delighted that there were no big silly bids for him or KdV.:thup:

September comment.

Please see numerous previous posts about Singhs hidden stats. :(

Manuel really starting to deliver now.:thup: He did smash home some free-kicks for me at the end of the season, (about 4/5) but I was a little reluctant to put too much pressure on him at so young an age so gave the responsibility to someone else for much of the season. You do realise that this is his 4th season as either 1st choice or at least rotating DR for us. I know he is still young but I played him so much so young that we really seem to be reaping the benefits now.

We have a really good record against Chelsea I think. When Joao has played against us he has hardly got a kick. He was injured for much of the first season at Chelsea too. I think it was an inspired decision to sell him.

October comment.

Seeing Senior come in for Manel reminded me to ask who is taking our corners now that Senior is playing less. We have scored a rake of goals from corners over the last few seasons and with our bugger stronger better DC's I would have ecpected to see that rise. Doesn't look like it is happening though.

What formations are you using by the way?

Holmes of Villa has a ridiculous scoring record against us I think. He gave us a doing when he was at..... Bolton I think. Smashes them in every time we play him. :(

6th in the legae after 10 games having played each of the top 3.:thup:

November comment.

Woo hoo. Brand spanking new stadium:cool:. Crap name though

I would agree about Fulham. They are the best I played against, (as I seemed to do ok against the dominant force of Chelsea, possibly because they liked to play 1 up against us and we just bored the life out of them).

It's good to see that we have goals spread throughout the squad. All our SC's in the goals and we also have our secret weapon Manuel, (who is Spanish and not French by the way, although I am happy to blame the French).

Interesting that after my earlier comment about corner takers, we score 2 twice from corners in Match 13 (I'm assuming with Senior playing in place of the injured Manuel). Might I suggest that we look for a specialised corner taker who will be a regular starter in the team. I am guessing that at the moment we are not quite up to scratch in that area when Senior is not on the pitch.

Good month though.:thup: I bet you're delighted now that you don't have to play in Europe. I don't know how PaulH did it.:confused:

A question for any Monkeys that might be around: is it worth shelling out £8.25m young Nonato? Here's what the scouts think. I'm hoping to sell Nobre who's constantly kicking up a fuss, in part because he reckons we have too many centre backs, it should be said. Spartans5's input would be useful as he'll be inheriting the squad.

Can we get a scout report with a scout who has better JPP please.

I would say he looks like just what we need though. Ignore the price. It's the quality that counts.

December comment.

All the recent Monkey managers have had issues away from home. Not sure what the answer is.:confused:

I notice that although we are scoring regularly, we are not creating that many clear-cut chances. Might be something you want to consider when tweaking the tactics.

Henriksen seems to be producing the goods this season AGAIN.:thup:

The only surprise with Man City is that they mamaged to get promoted again with that useless GK, (or did they get rid?)

When you are looking at c oach reports, you really need to get the right coach. The report on Nonato, (who looks the dogs by the way), is from from our GK coach not a DEF coach.

If we can keep some of our young stars together until the end of the season, then qualifcation for the Champions League, (or at least UEFA), and a new contract offer, will hopefully be enough to keep them happy for another season.

Latifah in World Team of Year:eek:!

Manuel European Defender of the Year.:thup: Brilliant stuff.

Henriksen 10 goals in 14(2) appearances.:thup:

Excellent stuff Bermy.:D

[Edit] Really sorry about so many consecutive posts. Just I had a fair bit of catching up to do and If I had posted all that in 1 pots it would have been huge.

Jimbo, no worries about the rake of posts. Really appreciate the feedback.

A few comments. First post:

Elder. Passing of 7?

He's not one who plays much. There strictly as backup, and usually shows off his weaknesses. That said, has chipped in with a goal. We'll easily get at least £3-4m or more for him.

Diego looks great, but as well as a coach with decent JPP, you also need to look at the report from one with the relevant skills, (ie DEF in this case rather than attack).

Really? I did not know that. Will bear in mind in future. Our staff, incidentally, keep getting poached. Sorting that out again is going to become a project for someone.

Elam looks good, but do we need another young striker?

Just looking at the likes of Odir, Kev and Schreuder, not sure any of them will make it, not for us. I'm fairly sure this fella has a much better chance. There's actually another kid at Newcastle who's even better, that we might also bring in.

I looked at Labourdette a few times and was put off I think by his medium level of flair, (for an attacking wide player). £4M is a good price, he offers us depth on the left and can also swap over if required. Nice, (if not top drawer), although I notice he scored in Europe on his debut.

Er, in the League Cup? He was also free... Thus far I trust him more than Singh, he gets tackled a bit easily at times though, you're dead right though, not top drawer.

Vyskoc. Nice bit of business. I like him. Another lefty too, (which will mean that Snelling and Singh can rotate on the right. Does that mean the end for Soares though?

Just not keen on Soares. Porto want him, but won't put their money where their mouth is. Vyskoc himself isn't that convincing. Wide areas need improving.

Henriquez. I like him, and at that price he is a snip, but when I look at a DM I look at position and determination as key attributes. This guy if anything looks like he is a MC trying to play DM, (too good on the ball but not regimented enough to be a Makelele if that makes sense.

He was the budget option for sure. Has done well, but if we have £17-£18m burning a hole in our pocket soon, there's two wonderkids I'd be going for instead.

Ivan Mendez Any chance of a pic of him so I can see what he looks like now please.

Will do so later (if I remember, of course).

The only sale I would have had an issue with was GK Thompson, (but I can see why you let him go). the problem is that 33 is not that old for a GK, and we have already realised that the prices for GK's are skewed because of the lack of quality. I would have signed Latifah and kept Thompson as back-up at the cost of not signing one of the young AMC's. He has played back-up to the Duthman here in the past for 3 out of 4 years so we know he has decent hidden stats. Law looks almost so poor that we shouldn't have bothered.

Law is there for dire emergencies only. It would appear Josh is as good as Thompson now anyway, and happily (touch wood) Lafita hasn't been injured at any point.

I see that we got £450k as a loan payment for Ismael. (Is he the DC or the GK? I think he is the DC). That might seem to indicate that he is developing nicely.

DC. Selected 'accept all loan offers' so this probably includes the option to buy. They haven't done so yet though.

In a great position going into the second half of the season, hopefully we can cling onto a CL spot.

Any other targets lined up in January? Nonato looks quality.

Andriy looks brilliant, great prospect, top signing by Bramble there. How come he isn't first choice?

When we play a weakened team, any chance you could show us some more info on how they got on, like the stats page for the team so we can see who played and how they performed. We don't need it when it is the senior guys playing. but it would be nice to see the impact that the fringe plaers have when they are given the chance.

Will go back and do so later. Only applies to the cup games so far.

Seeing Senior come in for Manel reminded me to ask who is taking our corners now that Senior is playing less. We have scored a rake of goals from corners over the last few seasons and with our bugger stronger better DC's I would have ecpected to see that rise. Doesn't look like it is happening though.

What formations are you using by the way?

Not a fan of trying to use 'the corner exploit' too much. Oddly though, in my other game we were scoring a ton regardless (usually approx most in league, nothing unrealistic) but they've dried up both there and here. Hmmm.

Playing a flat 4-4-2, with an attacking and defensive central midfielder, and a focus down the wings with the full backs getting forward as much as possible. Looks (on paper) the same as PaulH's.

The only surprise with Man City is that they mamaged to get promoted again with that useless GK, (or did they get rid?)

Same guy, Willmott. He looks ok-ish, all things considered. The rest of their team is a shambles though.

Manuel, (who is Spanish and not French by the way, although I am happy to blame the French).

Oh yeah. That should have read Melvin (the star centre back).

In a great position going into the second half of the season, hopefully we can cling onto a CL spot.

Any other targets lined up in January? Nonato looks quality.

Andriy looks brilliant, great prospect, top signing by Bramble there. How come he isn't first choice?

None yet. Haven't moved on, will take a bit of time to take a look around.

Nonato on signing became our latest wonderkid \o/ Only went for him as another team made a bid, didn't want to miss out but wasn't a priority signing.

I might play Andriy a bit more. Been using Tetteh a lot, maybe just falling into the trap of favouring your own players....

April Update:

Braintree 3-1 West Ham

1.4.29 - PL (29)

We got the early goal with great curling shot from Munro. We double our lead on 57th minute with a point blank header from Sørnsen. They managed to pull one back 10 minutes from time but Gibbons stretched the lead to 2 again with a close range header.

Middlesbrough 0-0 Braintree

7.4.29 - PL (30)

We had the better of the game and we really pushed for the win but we just couldn't get the win.

Braintree 2-1 Everton

12.4.29 - EL Qtr Final Leg 1

It looked like it was headed to a boring draw but the match sprung to life in the last 5 minutes when Munro was freed up in the area by a great pass from Alexander to slot the ball home and then we doubled our lead through Guzman and it looked we were heeded to liverpool with a comfortable 2 goal lead but they managed to pull one back after some sloppy passing. Terziev's red card is our first of the season!!

Braintree 2-1 Man City

15.4.29 - PL (31)

The game really started off in the second half, we took the lead only four minutes in when Fumagalli scored a great header after he met with Stadsgaard free-kick. We doubled our lead 15 minutes later through Alexander's penalty. Man City managed to pull one back after some sloppy defending.

Everton 3-1 Braintree

19.4.29 - EL Qtr Final Leg 2

Really gutted, We got the early goal and I thought we would see it through but they managed to get a goal just before the end of the half and that really gave them the spirt.

Braintree 1-0 Hull

22.4.29 - FA Cup Semi Final

A really quite first half ended goalless. We got off to a great start in the second when a nice one-two between Alexander and Ford put Alexander through and he smashed the ball to the back of the net. After that we kept on attacking but we couldn't stretched our lead. In the end, it was enough and we ARE IN THE FINAL!!!

Man City smashed Q.P.R. 3-0 in the other Semi Final so that means we are facing Man City for the fifth time this season.

Munro got injured for a week and Dennis for two.

Nottem Forrest 2-2 Braintree

25.4.29 - PL (32)

Not our best match. We got the lead twice but on both occasions they managed to equalize.

Braintree 3-1 Wigan

28.4.29 - PL (33)

We started on the wrong foot when we left the Wigan defender unmarked in a corner to concede an early goal but we bounced back with two goals before the end of the half by S.Ford. The first came with a nice placed shot from the edge of the area, the second came with a tap in after Guzman had set him up. And Ford returned the favor setting up Guzman to finish of the match.

Terziev got injured for 8 days and Sørnsen for 3 weeks.

Squad - Nothing to say here, they have been preforming greatly

Table - We are close !!! if we get 10 of the last 15 points we will be champions!!

Next Month - The deciding month. 4 out the last 5 games are away!!

Archived