Wallace v Roberts 2009

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we are looking to sign players with 12's as a standard attribute then we might as well give up.

How on Earth can physical stats of 12 make someone a beast.

Not only is 12 just over half-way on the attribute scale, it is signifcantly poorer than the players in that position of a similar age which we already have in the squad.

Am I missing something here?:confused:

ok, my point wasn't being made well because it was 1 AM.

I've found from my experiences that players with 12+ in every physical stat always perform extremely well if their technical/mental stats are high.

I understand that it's not phenomenal and there are better, but I think they'd perform quite well now. However, I do agree that better can be found.

Now then, if he can get Upson for close to his value as well as a striker for right now, is it worth the risk?

I've downloaded the file and looking at the squad, seems a lot of our players are wanted. Would anyone have a problem if I brought in my own youth training schedule?

That would be great, I've never even bothered creating a youth training schedule.

ok, my point wasn't being made well because it was 1 AM.

I've found from my experiences that players with 12+ in every physical stat always perform extremely well if their technical/mental stats are high.

I understand that it's not phenomenal and there are better, but I think they'd perform quite well now. However, I do agree that better can be found.

Now then, if he can get Upson for close to his value as well as a striker for right now, is it worth the risk?

My point with regards to Upson was that you cannot form an opinion on the worth of a 17 year old by looking at his profile. His profile tells you what he is like now and that is not what you are buying him for.

You are buying him for his potential. In order to for an opinion on his potential, you need to look at a scout report from a scout with JPP20 or even better a coach report from a coack with an attacking mentality with JPP20.

With regards to the 22 year old SC who had 14's in his physical column, I thought he was a decent player, (I would have said good in areas other than physique). My point was that we have a a 21 year old and a 23 year old who are better physically, (so the purpose of buying the 22 year old is what?? To add depth to the squad? We have depth. We need top end quality.

The next SC we buy should be a £20M+ top of the range SC who is going to score the goals that win us the league.

Goalkeepers

Grant Wilson- Scottish international, looks the business and he'll definitely continue to be first choice.

Luke Gardner- Still looks good, a more than satisfactory backup.

Michael Malbon- Hmm, not sure he'll make it, but ok as a third choice for now.

Liam Street- Wanted by Everton, they're welcome to him IMO.

Rio Ludlam- Also wanted by Everton, even though he's only 18 it doesn't look like he'll become good enough.

Defenders (central)

Francesco Funagalli- Fantastic physical attributes, and high marking and tackling. Looks like first choice. Wanted by AC Milan and Barcelona.

Jakob Stadsgaard- Fantastic mental attributes, and he's equally as good as a full/wing back. Coach report says best as a central defender.

Jesus Fonseca- Despite him being 25 years old the coach report gives him 4 stars with a potential of 6 stars, meaning he has potential to become the best defender in the squad. Maybe with more game time he could do.

Tom Ford- Another excellent central defender, I'm spoilt for choice here. Wanted by Barcelona.

Adrian Stanisteanu- Very versatile player who spent last season on loan to League one Colchester. May send him on loan again as I'm not sure he's ready for first team football here.

Jason Ives- Looks like a good prospect, however he's unhappy and contract expiring. Have offered him a new contract as it will be good to keep him for now.

P.S. I'm not going to sell, just mentioning teams are interested. ;) Unless they come in with a £100m offer of course, it's another matter.

This is a really strong position for us.

Stadsgaard is an odd one, I still think he's overrated by our coaches due to his versatility. If we could nail him down to one position I think he would be a much better player. He needs to play in one position and get training specific to that position in my opinion.

I signed Ives as he had masses of potential, without the games though I don't think he'll make it and the longer he goes without games the less likely he will be any good. Trouble is, he's never going to get in the team with the other players we have.

No, only has 2 stars currently and 3 star potential (according to coach report).

As I suspected, we have wasted him.

I was probably in the best position to give him a chance but it just goes to show how difficult it is to develop young goalies in the game. You've either got to throw them in really young or just give up and sign someone older.

Damn, both of my YP's wasted then :(

Unfortunately this style of game doesn't really give us the same sort of attachment we have with our own games so youth players don't tend to be given a chance since we all want to achieve as much as possible in one season instead of looking to the future.

Full backs

Todd Henderson- An excellent right back, definitely first choice there.

James Marsh- Could improve on the technical side of things, but a good left back all the same.

Charlie Haworth- Looks like he'll be a handy player as he can play on the right or left. Leeds interested, I don't really want to sell him but he's unhappy, so I'll see how he goes.

Michael Novak- According to the coach report has the potential to be as good as Henderson, but time is running out with him being 21.

Giorgos Semertzidis- Probably the weakest in this area but he'll be a good backup if injuries occur.

Unfortunately this style of game doesn't really give us the same sort of attachment we have with our own games so youth players don't tend to be given a chance since we all want to achieve as much as possible in one season instead of looking to the future.

Yeah, that's one of the downsides of this type of save. Hopefully we'll get some good Youth Players in the coming years :)

Midfielders

Frank Riddick- Another excellent prospect possibly going to waste. Current 3 star, with a potential of 6 stars, hopefully I can give him more game time.

Jesper Sorenson- Plays best as a defensive midfielder (certainly not short of those). Looks good, however I should rotate him and Riddick a bit more.

Michael Clark- An excellent prospect who I hope lives up to his potential.

Jean-Claude Galy- Probably the weakest in this position, and I'm not sure he'll make it but ok as a backup.

Toby Douglas- The only player in the midfielder training schedule (the rest are defensive or attacking midfielders), he's noteven that good, ok as a backup.

Brian Alexander- Looks absolutely immense, I'm surprised he's only got 4 stars from the coach. Being retrained as an AMC, and wanted by a host of top clubs.

Stuart Barry- A decent player, has got excellent physical attributes. Wanted by Roma.

Lee Dennis- Definitely a star in the making, I'm hoping he can get better and at 21 I'm sure he will. Wanted by a host of top clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Barcelona).

Sorry these are taking a while btw. Just wingers and strikers to come. ;)

With regards to the 22 year old SC who had 14's in his physical column, I thought he was a decent player, (I would have said good in areas other than physique). My point was that we have a a 21 year old and a 23 year old who are better physically, (so the purpose of buying the 22 year old is what?? To add depth to the squad? We have depth. We need top end quality.

The next SC we buy should be a £20M+ top of the range SC who is going to score the goals that win us the league.

Fair enough. I haven't seen the team in a while, so I wasn't aware of the current strikers we have, so I was going off of what I did see.

Again, a lot of strength there.

I signed Ruddick and I'm surprised how much he has improved, I signed him as backup but he is looking good for a first team spot.

Retraining Alexander to AMC is down to me, I don't use MC with my tactic so I wanted to make sure he carried on playing, Feel free to cancel that training.

Lee Dennis, another one of my signings, is looking good.

Wingers

Alekandar Terziev- Excellent mental and physical attributes, and can cross the ball, flair could be slightly higher though.

Oscar Funes- Versatile as he can also play midfield, but will do a good job on the left wing.

Fabrizio Bertani- The weakest of a very small choice of wingers, poor technical attributes.

Strikers

Gaston Guzman- Probably be the first backup striker as it looks like he was last season.

Lee White- Looks like we've had him for a while but he's nowhere near first choice, may get a few games.

Bryan Munro- Top scorer last season and looks good in all areas so see no reason for replacing him.

Steve Ford- Only just missed out as top scorer, coach report gives him a 7 star potential.

Stan O'Brien- Hasn't got a work permit so I'll probably look to sell him.

Savvas Paraskevopoulos- Will be good used as a backup, very poor mental attributes. He'll never make it to a first team player.

Are all of the major nations/continents being scouted? Is at least 1 scout scouting Brazil?

They are now Hamilton, there were too many just scouting 'world' so some were at obscure nations, now given them all specific nations/regions and a couple still scouting world.

Ok, two players whose contracts are expiring, both want in the region of £7k pw, I wouldn't go that high but what do you think.

Danny McLaughlin - Came through the youth system so if anyone objects to me letting him go, say so now. :)

Jason Ives - I'd like to keep him for now at least, but not on £7k a week, I'll try and see if he'll accept around £3k.

Archived