Wallace v Roberts 2009

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oliveira is the one I like most out of the midfielders (not completely one footed, no weaknesses). Shirley is worth a punt depending on the scout report, but isn't first team material yet.

The problem I see with Oliveira is the Natural Fitness of 6. Not exactly a good thing in a MC. I really like my middies to have at least 11, preferably more.

I could be wrong, but I sense we might have an even higher caliber (spelling just for spartns5 ;)) of player available to us this year. Have you checked out the two young midfielders I suggested....liked the look of them, will both be a class apart.

Marrow looking good. I admittedly open discriminated against over 30's.

SEPTEMBER 2029

Braintree 1 - 0 Portsmouth (EPL)

Fumagalli

Reading 2 - 0 Braintree (EPL)

Ajax 0 - 2 Braintree (CL)

Terziev, Alexander

Braintree 0 - 0 Aston Villa (EPL)

Hull p1 - 1 Braintree (LC3)

Dennis

Chelsea 2 - 1 Braintree (EPL)

Funes (pen)

Table

CL Group D

The league form has certainly faltered, with two losses, and a draw. The draw against Villa should certainly have been a win, and if it were not that Reading and Chelsea were two of the best sides in the league, I'd have been disappointed we didn't get anything out of either of those games - we played well enough.

The Hull loss was disappointing, but I fielded a team with six of the first team not even on the bench, and despite playing well, the youngsters weren't quite up for the challenge against an established Premier League outfit.

In the CL though, things are going much more smoothly, with the win away to Ajax paramount if we are to make it through the the knockout stages, most likely with Inter. We are playing at home to the Italians in our next game, so I'll be looking for at least a draw there to cement our position in the top two spots for qualification.

One major issue for the side at the moment is that right back and England international Nat Dadson wants to leave - and clubs are ready to put in large offers. Should I move to sell him? He isn't helping squad morale at the moment and he is refusing to accept any new contracts. I've transfer listed him and told him he can leave if he likes, which should keep him at least mildly content for now.

Bit of a shaky start to the league but with a tough run of games it is expected. What is more worrying is the start Reading have made, they have opened a good lead over everyone else already.

Great result in the CL (which is our priority), like you've said it was pretty vital with the group we have.

If Dadson wants to leave, as long as you get a good price I think you could let him. He's good, but replaceable and I think we have decent backup anyway. Bit of bad timing from him though, why kick up a fuss just after the transfer window closes?

OCTOBER 2029

Braintree 0 - 1 Inter (CL)

Braintree 0 - 1 Arsenal (EPL)

Man City 1 - 0 Braintree (EPL)

Braintree 4 - 0 FBK Kaunas (CL)

S Ford (2), Alexander, Funes

Braintree 2 - 1 Liverpool (EPL)

Alexander, Dennis

Leeds 2 - 2 Braintree (EPL)

Munro, og

Table

CL Group D

The Inter game was never one I was expecting to win, but to suffer four straight, agonizing losses is very disheartening for the side, even though they were all against strong opposition. The good news is that we have started to show signs of improvement, and our tough spell of games is over for now, and we can start to rack up some points. I feel though that I may have already blown our chance to win successive titles, but firmly believe that Champions League qualification is not beyond us. We have started well in this year's CL, and should qualify second in the group, providing we don't slip up at home to Ajax.

NOVEMBER 2029

Braintree 3 - 3 Wigan (EPL)

Barry, Munro (2)

FBK Kaunas 0 - 5 Braintree (CL)

Munro (3), Funes, S Ford

QPR 1 - 1 Braintree (EPL)

Munro

Stoke 1 - 1 Braintree (EPL)

Guzman

Braintree 3 - 1 Ajax (CL)

Savvas (3)

Table

CL Group D

The Champions League goal is complete for now - we have made it through the group stage after some brilliant performances, and we are under no pressure in the knockout stages - we are underdogs, and we are going to show the big boys what we can do.

Our problems lie domestically, as we seem to have forgotten how to win. We are not being outplayed, as daf has pointed out, but we just can't seem to get that cutting edge back into our play, where we win matches. I am worried it is mainly down to my leadership, and I'm not sure what I can do to arrest the problems. I wonder if it would be appropriate/possible for me to step down for this season and allow another, more experienced and talented Softie to try to atone for my errors in the league, and see if something can be made of this season after all?

Our problems lie domestically, as we seem to have forgotten how to win. We are not being outplayed, as daf has pointed out, but we just can't seem to get that cutting edge back into our play, where we win matches. I am worried it is mainly down to my leadership, and I'm not sure what I can do to arrest the problems. I wonder if it would be appropriate/possible for me to step down for this season and allow another, more experienced and talented Softie to try to atone for my errors in the league, and see if something can be made of this season after all?

It looks like an awful lot of bad luck, just the odd goal here and there could have made such a difference.

I wouldn't want to see a manager step down, I'd rather see you keep going and hopefully things will improve a bit. If they don't, never mind, we move on together.

To be honest, relegation is the only thing that could take some time to recover from, I think we are more than capable of dealing with the odd unlucky season.

I understand that, and I'd like to keep going too. The problem is that the board are already starting to say that I 'should be performing slightly better' and having selected Title Challenge as the season expectations, I'm worried that Roberts may lose his job.

I understand that, and I'd like to keep going too. The problem is that the board are already starting to say that I 'should be performing slightly better' and having selected Title Challenge as the season expectations, I'm worried that Roberts may lose his job.

Are any of the players upset yet?

If not, keep an eye out and offer them new contracts to keep them happy.

I don't think we've ever had a manager sacked before but I'm pretty sure the game doesn't end, just a new manager is added. It might knock us back a bit but it is not the end of the world.

Not sure how much you're already doing so, but I'd be fiddling with tactics at this stage. Sometimes small differences to mentality, or playing a bit more direct, can make a huge difference.

Last thing anyone would want is for you to give up, hope it picks up for you.

More than 24 hours without a post?:(

ANyone would think that there is an England game on the TV. Can't you guys multitask?;)

not if theres an England game on :(

my PC is in a room where there isnt a TV, so i can concentrate on one or t'other.

however, i agree with Jimbo ;)

August

I am not a huge wheeler and dealer when it comes to the transfer window, I basically look to remove some dead wood and bring in key players that will help us immediately, and look for a few players for the future.

Transfers

Japan defeated Egypt 3-2 in the World Cup Final to bring the World Cup to Asia for the first time ever. England defeated Scotland 2-1 to finish in 3rd. Brazil failed to get out of their group which consisted of Italy, Australia, and the United States with Australia and Italy moving on, in that order. Both finaists then promptly got rid of their managers after the World Cup, as did, Northern Ireland, Wales and Russia, with Brazil having done so and hiring a coach before the tournament was over.

The preseason odds are out and we are at 14-1, third behind Arsenal at 8-1 and Chelsea at 5-2.

Friendlies:

Ramsgate: 0 v. Blyth: 1

Chavdar: 0 v. Blyth: 1

Peterborough: 0 v. Blyth: 2

Hartlepool: 0 v. Blyth: 2

Atalanta: 0 v. Blyth: 3

Blyth: 3 v. Roma: 0

Aston Villa win the Community Shield, defeating Chelsea on penalties, in a 0-0 draw.

League Match #1: Saturday, August 17, 2030 17:15

Sunderland v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Diego, Nonato, Kvist, Henriquez, Tetteh, Snelling, Jennings, Lafforgue, Henriksen Subs: Marrow (Tetteh), Vysoc (Snelling), Puckett (Lafforgue)

We start the season against Sunderland, a side we couldn't be more even with in our 15 past meetings, with 5 Wins, 5 Draws and 5 Losses. Abdul Tettah opened the scoring with a header from Snelling in the 11th minute. Lafforgue put in a second a 8 minutes later receiving a pass from Henrikksen and slotting it in. Jennings scored in the 27th minute on his debut to make it 3-0. Lafforgue puts in his second in the 41st and the rout is on at 4-0 before the half. 4-0 at the half and needless to say I was pleased, and I told the boys that, and 6 minutes after the break, with the Sunderland keeper challenging Henrikksen out near the corner flag, he crosses it in to Tetteh who plays it off Roddy Milne for the own goal. Warren Jarvis ended Lafita's bid for a clean sheet with a goal in the 81st minute. The final whistle blows and Blyth starts their season off the right way, and in emphatic fashion.

MOM: Lafforgue

We sold out our season tickets for the year.

League Match #2: Saturday, August 24, 2030 15:00

Blyth v. Hull

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Melvin, Nonato, Kvist, Henrizquez, Tetteh, Snelling, Jennings, Lafforgue, Henriksen Subs: KdV (Lafforgue), Puckett (Henriksen)

The first home match of the season is against Hull. Melvin picks up a 2nd minute yellow card and is on thin ice for the rest of the match. Snelling misses a chance in the 10th minute, failing to get it by the keeper after a cross from Jennings. Wallis puts Hull up 1-0 in the 27th minute and we will need to fight back. Going into the half down 1 at home, I questioned the boys' passion out there and also made a change, bringing on KdV for Lafforgue, who had picked up a knock in the first half. And in the 53rd minute, Tetteh equalises with a screamer from just inside the box after dribbling across the field. Supersub Puckett puts on in in the 81st minute to give Blyth a 2-1 lead. We hold on after a series of corners towards the end of the match.

MOM: Wallis (Hull)

Pavlov was sold to Manchester United and as a result, we will receive 625,000 over the next 24 months.

We have been drawn into a very tough group for the UEFA Champions League, with Barcelona (Spain), FC Bayern (Germany), and Young Boys (Switzerland).

Chelsea (England) defeat Fulham (England) 3-1 to win the UEFA Super Cup.

League Match #3: Saturday, August 31, 2030 15:00

Man Utd v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Melvin, Nonato, Kvist, Marrow, Tetteh, Snelling, Jennings, Lafforgue, Henriksen Subs: KdV (Henriksen), Henriquez (Tetteh)

A trip to Old Trafford was on the cards for the third match of the season. Man Utd dominated the early play but couldn't do anything with their dominance. In the 41st minute, Lafforgue dribbles around the entire box and from a tight angle puts one in. McLean equalizes in first half injury time. A rather uneventful second half leads to a draw for Blyth.

MOM: Lafforgue (2)

League Table

Player of the Month

Young Player of the Month

Manager of the Month

September

League Match #4: Saturday, September 14, 2030 15:00

Blyth v. Derby

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Melvin, Diego, Kvist, Andriy, Tetteh, Snelling, Jennings, Laffourge, Henriksen Subs: Singh (Jennings), Marrow (Andriy)

After the first international break of the season, Blyth played host to Derby and a return for Bernard Labourdette and Charlie Dodd, who both left this summer. A penalty is put away by Jennings in the 16th minute. Abdul Tetteh and Andriy score within two minutes of each other, and it looks like another route. Jennings earns himself another penalty which he duly misses. Blyth fight back a flurry of corners in their bid to get that first clean sheet. The match ends without another goal being scored.

MOM: Andriy

Champions League Match #1: Wednesday September 18, 2030

Blyth v. Young Boys

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Melvin, Diego, Kvist, Tetteh, Marrow, Singh, Snelling, Puckett, KdV Subs: Vyskoc (Singh), Andriy (Tetteh)

Our first Champions League match is against Swiss club Young Boys. KdV finds a rebound and scores a real poacher's effort in the 17th minute. KdV dribbles through the entire opposing team en route to putting a ball just under the crossbar for another goal a minute later. KdV finishes off his hat trick in the 28th minute after Puckett did all the work and laid it off. KdV hits the crossbar trying for a fourth goal in the 37th minute. A boring second half capped a match that was dominated by KdV.

MOM: KdV

League Match #5: Saturday September 21, 2030

Charlton v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Melvin, Diego, Raimundo, Buonanno, Marrow, Singh, Snelling, Lafforgue, Henriksen Subs: KdV (Henriksen), Henriquez (Buonanno)

A match against former goalkeeper Versluis could prove to be a tough one. Calls for a penalty in the 41st go begging and it remains 0-0 going into the half. Its been a boring match so far. Not much happened in this second half as the match ends in a draw and its three straight clean sheets for Lafita.

MOM: Lafita

Carling Cup Third Round: Wednesday September 25, 2030

Blyth v. Crystal Palace

Starting Lineup: Moogan, Rothwell, Fernando, Smith, Raimundo, Jansen, Marrow, Marcial, Vyskoc, Lewicki, KdV Subs: Puckett (Lewicki), Snelling (Vyskoc), Jennings (Jansen)

Fielding a weakened lineup for this match, we will see what our youth can do. KdV earns a penalty in the 25th minute and Smith puts it away for the 1-0 lead. Lewicki is injured in the 29th and Puckett comes on for him. Boyd equalises in the 52nd and we will be looking for the lead again. John McPherson is shown a red card for Palace and they are reduced to 10. And 90 minutes are up and the score is still level, it is now time for extra time and maybe the luck of penalties. At the half of extra time, the score is still level, and this looks like it will go to penalties. Postlethwaite receives his second yellow and Palace are down to 9, if we don't win now, something is wrong. No goals are scored in extra time, and now we head for penalties. A miss on their first effort proved deadly for Palace as they lose 5-3.

MOM: Boyd (Palace)

League Match #6: Saturday September 28, 2030

Blyth v. West Brom

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Diego, Melvin, Kvist, Tetteh, Andriy, Singh, Jennings, Lafforgue, Henriksen Subs: Puckett (Lafforgue)

A match against West Brom could be a stumbling block, but they are missing a bunch of first team players. Lafforgue takes a pass from Jennings and slots it in near post, then has to be taken off in the 22nd minute with an injury. Tetteh finds supersub Puckett for a 2-0 lead. Blair finds the ball at his feet and gets one back for West Brom, ending Lafita's shutout streak at 360 minutes. Jennings sends in a cross which is put into the West Brom goal by a West Brom defender in the 90th minute.

MOM: Blair (West Brom)

League Table

CL Table

Spartan.

You've spent £13.75M on someone. Any chance you can post a pic so we at least know what position he plays in.

Your player of the Month and Young player of the Month pics are both wrong. As is the season tickets one.

I see our Reserves struggle again when given the chance against Palace. Needing penalties to beat 9 men. I wonder is that down to a lack of leadership/skipper again?

Good to see KdV keeping himself in the picture with some goals.

Excellent start!:thup: Even better than us remaining undefeated, Chelsea lose:eek:!

Yea, I will get a screenshot of Jennings ASAP, when I click on the screenshots they are all right, what are they showing for you Jimbo?

The Palace match I tried to keep some of our more experienced players in, as I had Marrow, and KdV (vice-captain) in the squad, so it might just come down to overall lack of quality in the reserves.

SOFTIES - Having had (next to) no internet connection over the last two or three days, I've not been posting updates. However, I have cracked on with the game, and have just managed to complete my season. I will tell you now - I HAVE turned things around, but you'll have to wait and watch the updates to find out how much so. I'll begin posting them month-by-month shortly. Due to not having the foresight to take screenshots despite not being able to upload them, I only have an end-of-season screenshot for the Premier League table. Apologies for that!

DECEMBER 2029

Braintree 3 - 0 Sunderland (EPL)

Barry, White, Funes

Hull 0 - 0 Braintree (EPL)

Inter 1 - 1 Braintree (CL)

Funes (pen)

Braintree 0 - 2 Fulham (EPL)

Tottenham 1 - 0 Braintree (EPL)

Braintree 3 - 0 Man Utd (EPL)

T Ford (2), Alexander (pen)

Everton 0 - 0 Braintree (EPL)

There were a couple of good wins in that month, and the draws in Milan and Liverpool were great results. We have qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League, drawing Lyon, and despite a couple of poor performances, are starting to show that form which won the Iron the EPL title last season.

JANUARY 2030

Norwich 1 - 2 Braintree (EPL)

Alexander, Guzman

Braintree 5 - 1 Cambridge City (FA3)

Marsh, Alexander (2), Terziev, Guzman

Braintree 3 - 1 Middlesbrough (EPL)

Fumagalli, S Ford (2)

Portsmouth 1 - 2 Braintree (EPL)

Dennis, S Ford

Braintree 3 - 0 Newcastle (FA4)

Munro, S Ford, T Ford

What a fantastic month. The first 'perfect' month of the season, and how vital its been, lifting us back into contention for European spots. The title is long off now, and it'll take a miracle to win that, but this was a much needed boost in confidence for the side.

TRANSFERS

Nat Dadson refused to back down over his transfer demand, and so was sold for a healthy £17.5M to Middlesborough. Alastair McCabe, aging and rarely playing, was shifted to Sunderland for £10.25M and young winger Darren Gibbons, unable to make anything of himself after many seasons at the club, moved to Torino for a modest £2.7M. Left wing was a strong position for the club in any case, so Gibbons won't really be missed all that much.

To replace Dadson, the young German, Michal Novak, was brought in for £13.75M from Leverkusen. Despite having the potential to be as good as Henderson (who nearly signed for Bayern before accepting a contract at last), and be a leading Premier League player, I can't help but feel I've made a mistake here and wasted some money. The other January signing was much better, a replacemant for McCabe, although perfectly decent at right back too. The Mexican international, Jesus Fonseca, was probably my signing of the season at £8.75M, as he played magnificently in our late charge (more on that soon..).

EDIT:

What has happened to our strike force?

Does that ^^ answer your question? :D

FEBRUARY 2030

Braintree 1 - 0 Reading (EPL)

Munro

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Braintree (EPL)

Dennis

Braintree 1 - 0 Wigan (FA5)

Guzman

Braintree 0 - 1 Chelsea (EPL)

Braintree 1 - 0 Lyon (CL1)

Alexander

A VERY tight month, and one which demonstrates how luck is finally beginning to go our way. Despite being unlucky losing to Chelsea in a game where I believe we were marginally the better side, we edged out a couple of close games, particularly the Villa side, showing we have the determination to grind out wins now. The result against Lyon leaves things delicately poised for the second leg. We have drawn Everton for the FA Cup Quarter Final.

To replace Dadson, the young German, Michal Novak, was brought in for £13.75M from Leverkusen. Despite having the potential to be as good as Henderson (who nearly signed for Bayern before accepting a contract at last), and be a leading Premier League player, I can't help but feel I've made a mistake here and wasted some money. The other January signing was much better, a replacemant for McCabe, although perfectly decent at right back too. The Mexican international, Jesus Fonseca, was probably my signing of the season at £8.75M, as he played magnificently in our late charge (more on that soon..).

Novak looks good, but not amazing. If all those 14s were 15s he'd probably look brilliant though. A bit expensive but we should be able to afford to take risks every now and again.

Fonseca looks good, solid attributes for a centre back :thup:

Jennings

(10 char)

He looks brilliant, apart from the natural fitness of 10. But he is 20, so that will hopefully improve.

learn to link screenshots properlly :|

Give him a break please. Sometimes they work for the person posting them, but not for others, and sometimes the format just gets screwed up when moving between something like Notepad and the forum, so the screenies screw up. It's not like he was trying to screw up

MARCH 2030

Arsenal 1 - 1 Braintree (EPL)

S Ford

Braintree 0 - 1 Everton (FAQ)

Lyon 0 - 0 Braintree (CL1)

Braintree 2 - 0 Man City (EPL)

Stadsgaard, S Ford

Liverpool 2 - 3 Braintree (EPL)

Munro, S Ford, Terziev

Wigan 1 - 3 Braintree (EPL)

Munro (2), Stadsgaard

The disappointment of an unfortunate cup exit to Everton, and draw in North London which could so easily have been a win was quickly forgotten, as we held on in Lyon to earn a quarter final match up against Barcelona. Our last three league games of the month were all fantastic demonstrations of how much we'd improved, with the two powerful front men finally coming alive. The second half comeback against Liverpool was fantastic.

I don't think natural fitness can improve, it wouldn't be 'natural' fitness otherwise.

I've seen it improve, but never by much. I have noticed low natural fitness ratings on most regens too, which makes me sad, as I like my players nat fit to be at least 13, preferably up in the 15-16 range, and I haven't seen a whole lot of these type of players.

Archived