Wallace v Roberts 2009

Southern Softies - December

Carlisle v Mangotsfield - (15/46)

I actually felt like Mark Hughes after this one, we get to the 94th minute (of 4 minutes) and we're one-nil up, Carlisle get one last attack. It's saved and cleared but the ref still doesn't blow for full-time and Carlisle go and score. Simon Smart had given us the lead from a 30 yard rocket but to have it cancelled out that way is awful...

Brighton v Mangotsfield - FA Cup

A difficult task and I was more than pleased come 90 minutes when we got a home replay. Dave Arnold had given us the lead but he saw his effort cancelled out by Brighton.

Mangotsfield v Weymouth - (16/46)

We were lucky to secure a point here, Arnold cancelled out Clayton's opener.

Mangotsfield v Brighton - FA Cup

A win here would see us face non-league Truro, and we did just that. However, it took 'til extra time and a Jamie Neal poacher's effort to secure it.

Mangotsfield v Cambridge C - (17/46)[/i

Very, very disappointed with this result. One-nil up and half-time thanks to Webb, 2-1 down at full-time. We were abysmal.

Oldham v Mangotsfield - (18/46)

A boring match as there was not much chances to share.

Truro v Mangotsfield - FA Cup

We had the game wrapped up by half-time thanks to Arnold and Dawes' first goal for the club. Truro did have us sweating through-out the second half but we were always going to win.

League

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southern Softies - December

Mangotsfield v Blackburn - (19/46)

A match we were expected to lose heavily but was very pleased with the end result. Dave Arnold scored just before half-time to give us 3 vital points.

Derby v Mangotsfield - (20/46)

We weren't favourites for the match which was an understatement we it was top v bottom but we came away with more points: James Kelly was the only scorer in the game and handed us three points on a plate.

Mangotsfield v Crystal Palace - (21/46)

Another tricky test for us and we were very lucky to come away with all three points. Neal had given us the lead through a well worked goal but they cancelled it out after some well worked play and we got an undeserved point.

Blackpool v Mangotsfield - (22/46)

We should've won but didn't. Disappointing to say the least.

Mangotsfield v Brighton - (23/46)

The mid-way point in the season and we ensured we'd start the second half with a few points as Brock and Williamson earn us a great win.

League Table

Squad

Southern Softies - January

Mangotsfield v Notts County - FA Cup 3rd Round

A well deserved win for us as we did play the Magpies off the park for the majority of the match. Miles' first goal was a one a poacher would be proud of as he tapped it in at the back post whereas his second was a bullet header from the back post into the net to sennd us through.

Mangotsfield v Hereford - (24/46)

Dave Arnold's rasping shot from the edge of the area in first half stoppage time was enough to seal the win in convincing fashion for us.

Shrewsbury v Mangotsfield - (25/46)

It's performances like these which may cost us the league title disappointgly as we were awful away from Cossham Street today.

Sheffield Wed. v Mangotsfield - (26/46)

Another shcoking display, yet again away from home. The worst part is we have this very team next in the FA Cup :(

Mangotsfield v Sheffield Wed. - FA Cup 4th Round

We got two early goals through O'Brien and 'berty' Jackson but they pegged us back to take it too a replay at their place, a game I'm not looking forward to.

Mangotsfield v Bristol City - (27/46)

A game I wasn't looking forward to after previous encounters with this club but a Dave Arnold brace, one of his goals coming in stoppage time, sealed the win and three vital points for us.

MK Dons v Mangotsfield - (28/46)

A late, late James Kelly volley from just inside the area secured a point in a lucky game for us.

Squad

League

Transfers

In

Aaron Dawes rejoined us on a loan deal until the end of the season - likewise his Fulham team-mate Dave Pass also joins 'til the end of the season and provides some competition up front.

Out

Only one person going out; Tom Cropper nets us £24,000 and slashes £1,000 off the wage bill.

Southern Softies - February

Sheffield Wed v Mangotsfield - FA Cup 4th Round Replay

We scraped through by the skin of our teeth, Webb had given us the lead with a cracking shot followed up by a neat finish by Brock to make it 2. They pegged us back and took it to extra time but Webb popped up on the 100th minute to score. He could've had a hat-trick but missed a late penalty.

Mangotsfield v Chesterfield - (29/46)

Having gone in 1-0 at half-time thanks to Neil's goal, it looked like the second half would be tricky. I was proved right as we scraped another win thanks to an OG and Neal with a neat finish.

Mangotsfield v QPR - FA Cup 5th Round

Was never expecting a win and alot of the media were expecting us to get humped so a 0-2 scoreline was very pleasing to see come 90 minutes.

Mangotsfield v Ebbsfleet - (30/46)

Webb gave us the lead with a well placed penalty but they equalised with 15 minutes left and the scores stayed that way with the points shared.

Burnley v Mangotsfield - (31/46)

Disappointing as we were beaten by a good Burnley side.

Walsall v Mangotfield - (32/46)

We dominated the first half and Arnold gave us the lead but we fell apart in the second half and ended up disappointingly losing.

Mangotsfield v Bradford - (32/46)

A good win, a 30 yard screamer for Westley sealed the win after his penalty had gave us the lead.

League table to come in March

Southern Softies - March

Sutton Utd v Mangotsfield - (33/46)

Awful match for us, the only good point was Dave Pass getting his first two goals for the club.

Mangotsfield v Notts County - (34/46)

An excellent win and we get three vital points in the run-up to the end of the season. Johnston, Westley and Pass grab our goals.

Swansea v Mangotsfield - (35/46)

I thought wed have a stern test against league leaders Swansea, especially since they took the lead after four minutes. Brock equalised and I thought Pass maybe snatched 3 points for us but the Swans didn't give up and the points were shared.

Cambridge C v Mangotsfield - (36/46)

I thought the game might be difficult, and Dawes made my fears worse when he was sent off for a two footed lunge before half-time. We held on and right at the death, 'berty' Jackson snatched 3 points for us.

Mangotsfield v Cardiff - (37/46)

A solid win, in fact the first game I feel we completely dominated in a while. Jackson gave us an early lead and from there it was all plain sailing. Youngster Ryan Randall - called up to cover for Dawes and the injured Neil - even got his name on the scoresheet with an excellent solo run before Arnold completed the rout.

Weymouth v Mangotsfield - (38/46)

Jeff 'berty' Jackson stole the show with a wonderful solo effort and his excellent form continues as his goal is the only of the game.

Mangotsfield v Oldham - (39/46)

Another dominant win for us. 'berty' Jackson keeps up his excellent form with a goal and a brace from Webb seals it.

League

Roberts win Manager of the Month as the Field make a late surge for the title

Jeff Jackson is player of the month deservedly

Southern Softies - April, May - END OF SEASON!

Mangotsfield v Carlisle - (40/46)

A nice easy match for us. Westley's penalty puts us ahead and Arnold seals the win with 10 minutes left.

Blackburn v Mangotsfield - (41/46)

A disappointing loss for us as we ruin title chances... promotion was still in sight here (although I only thought it was Champion > Play-off for some reason).

Mangotsfield v Derby - (42/46)

Mackey makes sure we scrape a win with a solid defensive performance and a goal as he picks up on a parried shot and buries it.

Crystal Palace v Mangotsfield - (43/46)

Promotion still in sight despite this disappointing loss thanks to an MK Dons loss.

Mangotsfield v Blackpool - Something doesn't add up with games played so I'm going to ignore it!

A draw, vital one too as it puts us level on points with MK Dons thanks to their loss. Should've won but meh.. we did in the end. Hunter's injury was nothing and I could've replaced him with Mr Blobby because it was that close to the end.

Brighton v Mangotsfield

A Webb and Arnold brace secure the win and promotion to the CCC!

League Table

Promotion set in stone

'Rejoice'

'Unbelievable'

Squad

Save game to come..

Walsall v Mangotfield - (32/46)

We dominated the first half and Arnold gave us the lead but we fell apart in the second half and ended up disappointingly losing.

Mangotsfield v Bradford - (32/46)

A good win, a 30 yard screamer for Westley sealed the win after his penalty had gave us the lead.

League table to come in March

There is why it doesn't add up :p

WP CV. That's a load of consecutive promotions.

Are people getting better at this, or is it becoming easier the further through we play? Sure I saw plenty of evidence of the AI doing a poor job of keeping teams with full squads on my last go...

Anyway, ANYONE want to go next for eaither side? Could be a nice wee project pre-FM10... Also, as said previously, I'll probably wait a while this time before launching the new version edition.

Well, I've updated the list at long last to reflect the last few seasons for the new Monkeys and new Softies.

With the lack of activity in this thread of late and most of you probably investing in FM10 shortly, I'm suspecting that interest is pretty much at an end this time round, which is a shame as both clubs are well placed to continue rising up the leagues.

That said, if anyone wants a go to carry on the run of successive promotions - please do.

I'll get a discussion thread for the next one going at some point over the next few days or weeks. As I've said before, I think it's best to wait a while before launching, to let people get accustomed to the game and enjoy their own saves before getting involved in this. Otherwise, progress tends to be painfully slow.

Archived