Wallace v Roberts 2009

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you want to go for the Softies Oslow? I don't really think anyone is due to go next, see what others say but I wouldn't see why you couldn't go next if you want to.

Well done Dafuge, not only in winning the league so convincingly but also in finishing a season so quickly again. ;) I take it you don't watch the highlights. I'm just wondering how often you have to 'tweak' your tactic for continuing to be successful or have you found one that works full stop?

Note to the next player: Offer Colin Whitney a new contract and he should accept a pay cut as he's now 31 and £950 pw, no wonder so much money was lost. :eek:;)

Well done Dafuge, not only in winning the league so convincingly but also in finishing a season so quickly again. ;) I take it you don't watch the highlights. I'm just wondering how often you have to 'tweak' your tactic for continuing to be successful or have you found one that works full stop?

I actually watch every match in 3D, but just key highlights on the fastest setting. As for tactics, I never change, I've found a system that works well and I stick to it without tweaking at all. This is probably why I'm able to play so quickly.

Note to the next player: Offer Colin Whitney a new contract and he should accept a pay cut as he's now 31 and £950 pw, no wonder so much money was lost. :eek:;)
I tried to cut his wages all year but just couldn't do it, I think he was originally on £1100 p/w but he wouldn't play for less than £950 p/w.

I actually watch every match in 3D, but just key highlights on the fastest setting. As for tactics, I never change, I've found a system that works well and I stick to it without tweaking at all. This is probably why I'm able to play so quickly.

I tried to cut his wages all year but just couldn't do it, I think he was originally on £1100 p/w but he wouldn't play for less than £950 p/w.

Sounds kinda like me, I have a tactic set that works pretty well, I just have a few things that change and they always work. Play on 3D, about three ticks down from fastest on key.

As for Whitney I tried the same thing cause he was soooo much of the wage budget and he wuld take no cut for me.

Season review

We won the league at a canter finishing 9 points clear. Tamworth came up with us in the playoffs. Wallace won manager of the year and udall was the player of the season

Goalkeepers

Damien Newton was our main keeper, conceding just under a goal a game. However at 36 he doesn’t have long left. Worrying he is a lot better than our only other goalkeeper Nick poole who according to the scouts has potential.

Season aim: Find 2 gk who can slot straight into the team

Defenders

DL- We have 3 players on the books, all of which can play at wb. Mills and gould spent most of their time in this postion. Mills looks like he spent the second half of the season in the reserves and gould just looks terrible. John darlow looks a lot better

Season aim: Sell gould and find a young lb

DR- bjorkman and mckenzie will be battling it out for this position. We have 3 other players who can play in this position but they wil be covered in the DC catergory

Season aim: 1 more rb

DC- We are 7 players who can play here. They are

Baines

Cannon

Hampson

Lowe

Mchugh

Quinn

schoffers

Midfielders

MC/AMC- We only have 2 natural centre midfielders. James dean J is VERY good and rated at a league 2 standard. Mcleey is even better and also doubles up as an AM.

Joseph moss is also rated as league 2 but his technical attributes are non existent.

Raw (must be a nickname) is also very good.

Season aim: Find another natural mc

MR Boorman is our best player in this position. Parker also looks decent. Im unsure about Armstrong, hes sat in the reserves with a broken leg for 4 months. Mcmanus really needs to leave and has dots at the end of his name

Season aim: We are quite strong in this position. Sell McManus

ML

Only 2 of these as well. Udall is rated as league 1 standard and has clubs queing up for him. Cleaver is nothing more than backup

Season aim: Invest in 2 more mls

Strikers

Skinner and milson both top scored with 13 goals each and im confident both can easily make the step up to the bsp. Bowler also featured and he’s worth keeping as well. Gilbert and Doherty will probably be kept for reserve or sold if there is anything better

Season aim: This is our strongest position and not much needs to be done here

Finances

We are 20k in the red and £900 over our wage budget. I will need to cut the squad down as it’s too big for my liking anyway

Spartans Watch

Blyth retained the premier league, got knocked out of the champion league in the quarter finals by inter and are in the fa cup final against Charlton

Southern Softies - Pre Season 2034/35

Dorchester   2:2 Mangotsfield
Frome Town   0:4 Mangotsfield
Shortwood    0:6 Mangotsfield
Kettering    2:2 Mangotsfield
Mangotsfield 2:4 Northampton
Mangotsfield 1:0 Everton Reserves

Squad Stats

A few good results I think there and we were a lot stronger than Everton Reserves. We did pick up a lot of injuries 2 or 3 every game :(

Southern Softies - 2034/35 - August

Mangotsfield v Dorchester

Things did not start well this season. After just 10 minutes Dave Arnold was sent off for kicking out. He ended up getting a further 3 game ban.

Redditch v Mangotsfield

In a even game Jamie Neal scored the goal of the month

Mangotsfield v Leigh Genesis

We controlled this game from start to finish.

Stourbrige v Mangotsfield

We were never any real threat through out the game no matter what I did.

Mangotsfield v Ebbsfleet

A very exciting second half.

Squad

I have had to get rid of nearly all of the reserves because after we were promoted last year and players got there pay rises we were leaking money way to fast. The biggest problem I have at the moment is Colin Whitney after his pay rise he is at the moment taking home 4 times as much as anybody else. It is also 20% of the salary I am spending at the moment.

Young player of the Month

He came second in player of th month and won young player of the month.

The biggest problem I have at the moment is Colin Whitney after his pay rise he is at the moment taking home 4 times as much as anybody else. It is also 20% of the salary I am spending at the moment.

That is a problem, and at 32 it is unlikely anyone will take him off our hands :(

Good start to the season though :thup:

I might not offer him a new deal come the end of the year and just let him go if he will not take a big pay cut. What do you lot think about letting our captian move on?

I think that would be a good idea, he's not exactly a great player and should be easy enough to replace.

Season review

We won the league at a canter finishing 9 points clear. Tamworth came up with us in the playoffs. Wallace won manager of the year and udall was the player of the season

Goalkeepers

Damien Newton was our main keeper, conceding just under a goal a game. However at 36 he doesn’t have long left. Worrying he is a lot better than our only other goalkeeper Nick poole who according to the scouts has potential.

Defenders

DL- We have 3 players on the books, all of which can play at wb. Mills and gould spent most of their time in this postion. Mills looks like he spent the second half of the season in the reserves and gould just looks terrible. John darlow looks a lot better

DR- bjorkman and mckenzie will be battling it out for this position. We have 3 other players who can play in this position but they wil be covered in the DC catergory

Baines

Cannon

Hampson

Lowe

Mchugh

Quinn

schoffers

Midfielders

MC/AMC- We only have 2 natural centre midfielders. James dean J is VERY good and rated at a league 2 standard. Mcleey is even better and also doubles up as an AM.

Joseph moss is also rated as league 2 but his technical attributes are non existent.

MR Boorman is our best player in this position. Parker also looks decent. Im unsure about Armstrong, hes sat in the reserves with a broken leg for 4 months. Mcmanus really needs to leave and has dots at the end of his name

ML

Only 2 of these as well. Udall is rated as league 1 standard and has clubs queing up for him. Cleaver is nothing more than backup

Strikers

Skinner and milson both top scored with 13 goals each and im confident both can easily make the step up to the bsp. Bowler also featured and he’s worth keeping as well. Gilbert and Doherty will probably be kept for reserve or sold if there is anything better

Finances

We are 20k in the red and £900 over our wage budget. I will need to cut the squad down as it’s too big for my liking anyway

Spartans Watch

Blyth retained the premier league, got knocked out of the champion league in the quarter finals by inter and are in the fa cup final against Charlton

There it is.

EDIT- Where is Lowe? He was one of the best players when i was mananger.

Southern Softies - 2034/35 - September

Harrow v Mangotsfield

A even open game that I though I should have done better in.

Mangotsfield v Torquay

A comfertable game for me but not many clear cut chances and a missed penalty.

Thurrock v Mangotsfield

Game I just about deserved to win but nearly all the high lights were in about 15 minutes of it.

Mangotsfield v Dag & Red

I was never in any real danger but I would have liked to win by a bigger margin.

Preston v Mangotsfield

A poor game for both sides.

Mangotsfield v Stevenage

The best perfomance by the team so far this season.

Rochdale v Mangotsfield

A even game but a managed to get the points. (This game had to be replayed because of a crash)

Squad

The squad is injurie free at the moment which is helping us punch above our weight.

League table

I think it might just be a matter of time before a slide down the table starts.

Season review

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Baines

Cannon

Hampson

Lowe

Mchugh

Quinn

schoffers

Midfielders

ML

Strikers

Finances

Spartans Watch

Some good players there not too much needs doing to the squad. I'm still up for having a go at some point and i'm quite looking forward to it.

Southern Softies - 2034/35 - October

Mangotsfield v Gateshead

A game where we were always in control. The only proble was that we just could hardly get a shot on target.

Mangotsfield v Gateshead (Setanta Shield N 2nd Round)

After this we will not win the Setanta Shield this year.

Burton v Mangotsfield

A player sent off not 1 shot on target so i was lucky to get a draw in the end.

Woking v Mangotsfield

Another very even game that I just managed to snatch the points in.

Mangotsfield v Rugby

Not much to say about this game we had a good lead by half time and not much happened in the second half.

Newport v Mangotsfield (FA Cup 4th Rnd Qual)

A hattrick from 1 of our players and we were through to the 1st round.

Squad

Another good month for keeoing the side injury free.

League Table

We now have a good lead but I dont know how we have managed to do it.

Young Player of the Month

Our right back picked up Young Player of the Month.

Southern Softies - 2034/35 - November

Rushden v Mangotsfield

Not to much to say other than some how I can manage to win even games.

Cammell Laird v Mangotsfield (FA Cup 1st Rnd)

Even came but we got the result.

Cheltenham v Mangotsfield

I am starting to wonder how this is happening even games and I keep on winning.

Mangotsfield v Newport

All the games I could of lost I chose this game where I realy deserved to win .

Mangotsfield v Ossett

After the last game defeat we looked a lot better side and ran out easy winners.

Squad

We are still doing very well with injuries.

League Table

The lead in the league has dropped to 6 points.

Southern Softies - 2034/35 - December

Mangotsfield v Mansfield(FA Cup 2nd Rnd)

I thought I would struggle against a League 1 side, but that was not the case and I ran out easy winners to get through to the next round.

Mangotsfield v Bury

This game saw 1st play 2nd and I won comfertably. After this result I now have a 9 point lead in the league. I might win the league after all.

Grimsby] v Mangotsfield

A game I though I should have won but I cant complian about the result becasue most results have gone my way so far this season.

Mangotsfield v Tonbridge(FA Trophy 1st Rnd)

A comfertable win for me to get through this round.

Bishop's Stortford v Mangosfield

I think that this game was a bit of a let down because I only manged to pick up a point against the team that was at the foot of the table.

Dorchester v Mangotsfield

I got lucky in this game I should have lost it but I ended up with all 3 points.

Squad

We had a few injuries through this month but everybody is nearly fit again.

League Table

After beating Bury at the begining of the month I kept my lead at the top by 9 points.

Next month we have got Briantree in the FA Cup 3rd Rnd.

Southern Softies - 2035/36 - January

Mangotsfield v Redditch

A game that was all us from start to finish. Now can we carry this form in to our next game against Braintree?

Braintree v Mangotsfield

This was Steve Ford's first game of the season and in the 60 mins he played he bagged a brace and so did Dougie Mullen and our dream was over.

Leigh Genesis v Mangotsfield

A poor game. Not many highlights but I got the points.

Mangotsfield v Forest Green(FA Trophy 2nd Rnd)

A even game but the own goal was not an own goal IMO.

Mangotsfield v Stourbridge

Another solid performance and the game was won easily.

Ebbsfleet v Mangotsfield

I am starting to not like Ebbsfleet twice we have had 2 goal lead this season and only end up getting a point.

Mangosfield v Harrow

This game was on TV and we put on a good show for them.

Squad

We had a couple of injuries and I failed to sign any of the players I wanted.

League Table

I think I have the league won because the lead is so big.

Archived