Wallace v Roberts 2009

the DC your talking about is Tom Ford (Scout Report) and the AMLC is Stephen Cameron (Scout Report). They are great and if any bid gets accepted I would sign them.

the other players I'm interested in:

Calum Miller (Scout Report) - the scout thinks he is better than Munro

Jack Curran (Scout Report) - one of the two weak position but I still can't get an offer accepted, he wants to join and the manger is becoming my friend now :D so I'm hoping to get one accepted in the near future

Jasper Sorensen (Scout Report) - he is better the Robinson and will only coast £7.5m. I've already offered him a contract.

Dan Robinson (Scout Report) - not rated really highly by the scout and also he will only coast £7.5m. I've also offered him a contract but it looks unlikely because also R.Madrid and Man City are with me

so the scenarios I'm seeing before the turnover is that I spent £20m+ on either Ford,Cameron,Miller,Curran or if Robinson accepts by offer I could get him and Sorensen for £15m

what do you think?

Edit - any objections on me signing Ford for £25.5m ??

I'm still not sure about Miller, he is quality but I think he plays in a position we are already quite strong in. Perhaps the sort of player that could be signed once all the weaker positions have been covered?

If you can get Curren, do it, although he will need to take a significant wage cut.

Sorensen looks great and should fill that position nicely, looks a great signing.

I still think Robinson looks great, but there's no need to sign him and Sorensen. I'd probably go for Sorensen since he has more room for improvement.

If Ford would sign for £25.5m I would bite their hand off, they were rejecting £30m from me last season. I know it is a lot of money but he's a class player in a position we could do with strengthening.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Semi Final first leg

Blyth 3-3 Ajax - The home leg of the tie. I'd hoped we wouldn't concede at all, so conceding 3 was a bit of a bummer. KdV scored twice in the first half to give us a good lead, however Johan van Barneveld made it 2-1, then David Carmona equalized for Ajax. KdV scored his hat-trick 10 minutes from time. Things took a turn from the worst near injury time, Soares got sent off for a second yellow card and then we conceded very very late on, Paul Peeters making it 3-3. Despite this result I went into the second leg in Holland still fairly confident, because if we could win we would progress.

Season Turnover

Unfortunately I delayed Ford signing waiting for opinions and couldn't sign him before the turnover!! so I signed him after the turnover

Season Summery - Tarek Zitoun was interestingly the worst signing of season while if he stayed he could've been the best!!

It shouldn't come as surprise that Munro is Fans' Player of the Season. Last year's Best Eleven. Also, James Marsh and Steve Ford were in introduced to our Overall Best Eleven.

We will be starting our season away to West Brom then we will be hosting Fulham. We were given about £30m for TV rights.

I told the board I will be qualifying to Europe through the league so I've been given a transfer budget of £37.5m and a wage budget of £850k

the pick of our youth intake, Michael Clark, could be a leading PL player :eek: (Coach Report). And one of the GK could be as good as Gardner.

A couple of Records were broken last season. We broke the Average Attendance Record and Munro broke the Average Rating Record.

I'm really having a tough time in the transfer window, everybody is interested in our top players and making them unhappy :( and all of the Gks I find are either old or I can't have a bid accepted for them !! it's really annoying

I'm really having a tough time in the transfer window, everybody is interested in our top players and making them unhappy :( and all of the Gks I find are either old or I can't have a bid accepted for them !! it's really annoying

I had exactly the same problem. I stuck with Gardner as I just couldn't find anyone else but there must be a shortage of keepers as a load of big clubs were after him.

With the unhappy players, especially the key ones, keep renewing their contracts to keep them happy, even if it gives them a pay rise. A completely happy squad (which I had) will get you much better results, it is worth the extra money.

Monkeys last few League games update

Blyth 1-1 Charlton

Blyth 1-3 Arsenal

Aston Villa 0-2 Blyth

Blyth 1-1 Chelsea

Blyth 2-1 Everton

Final League Table & Past Positions - As you can see we finished 10th. Although technically this is an improvement on Jimbo and Brambleton's season last year, I still believe the squad we have is good enough to play in Europe (as we've seen from this year's European adventure). But you can also see from the past positions that we were never consistently in and amongst the running for those places. This could and is most likely down to my tactics, and even my reluctance to try something new as the only time I changed from my regular tactic was when we'd gone on a run of draws, in which case I'd try using Jimbo's old tactic for a couple of games. I'm not going to analyse the situation in this post, and in a later post which will include a bit more anaylse of each area of the team and my advice for Bermy next season.

Semi Final second leg -

Ajax 0-0 Blyth - Absolutely gutted. I don't blame Henriksen because we had other chances, but getting within a goal of the final which if we'd have won would have got us Europe next season is really really depressing :(

Can all the Monkeys, (especially Bermy), please note that this is not Henriksens first miss from the spot.

I suggest we elevate someone else up the pecking order immediately.

Good effort though PaulH.:thup:

You got further than I expected.

the only person better than him is a Finnish center half who was only bought to get profit. Craig Deeney is as good as Henriksen but he's not really first choice. First choice wise Henriksen is by far the best penalty taker (basing it on the penalty attribute). This is of course depending on new signings for Bermy next season though.

I think you should be quite pleased with a league finish of 10th.

As a rough guess, if you hadn't been playing in Europe then I think it is reasonable to expect that you would have converted a minumum of 8 of the 17 drawn games into 3 pointers. That's an additional 16 points which would have taken us to 69 points and 5th place. I really do think you ae being a tad harsh on yourself.

I know the squad you had better than anyone and I know that at the very top end of players you were left with quite a small core of players (like 2 SC's for example) who were vital to our success.

The increased reputation that we will have gained by getting to the Semi's will prove invaluble and to be honest although I am gutted you lost, I am actually delighted that we are not playing in Europe next year. Bermy will be able to focus on the league alone and I think we will reap the benefits. Without putting too much pressure on him I would say that he should be aiming for Champions League rather than UEFA Cup (or whatever it's called now).

I think you did really well fighting on 2 fronts with such an obviously limited squad.

Well played that man!:thup:

As for the Softies..... Well played daf on a good season and European qualification, (your signings look inspired).:thup:

the only person better than him is a Finnish center half who was only bought to get profit. Craig Deeney is as good as Henriksen but he's not really first choice. First choice wise Henriksen is by far the best penalty taker (basing it on the penalty attribute). This is of course depending on new signings for Bermy next season though.

Maybe Bermy needs to factor that into his transfer targets then.

It was one of the attractions with Manuel, (he certainly struck with more regularity for me but I have a feeling I may have played him more.).

okay I've finished taking screenshots of the squad, however I'm playing FMO now so wont have any time to produce an end of season analysis tonight. What I propose to do is upload the db now, and do the analysis tomorrow.

I think you should be quite pleased with a league finish of 10th.

As a rough guess, if you hadn't been playing in Europe then I think it is reasonable to expect that you would have converted a minumum of 8 of the 17 drawn games into 3 pointers. That's an additional 16 points which would have taken us to 69 points and 5th place. I really do think you ae being a tad harsh on yourself.

I know the squad you had better than anyone and I know that at the very top end of players you were left with quite a small core of players (like 2 SC's for example) who were vital to our success.

The increased reputation that we will have gained by getting to the Semi's will prove invaluble and to be honest although I am gutted you lost, I am actually delighted that we are not playing in Europe next year. Bermy will be able to focus on the league alone and I think we will reap the benefits. Without putting too much pressure on him I would say that he should be aiming for Champions League rather than UEFA Cup (or whatever it's called now).

I think you did really well fighting on 2 fronts with such an obviously limited squad.

Well played that man!:thup:

I think that at the beginning of the season I had a choice of going for it in Europe and trying my best in the League, or going for it in the League and trying my best in Europe. I went for the former, but was expecting to go out in the first knockout round, which would have given me the rest of the season to get into the 7th/8th I wanted to finish in the league. In hindsight I think I made the right decision, there would have been nothing worse than not bothering in Europe so much, and still finishing where I finished in the league. I also feel that the squad has improved whilst I've been in charge, we've seen Melvin come in who's now virtually our best player, as well as players like Raimundo, Manuel, Odir and that Ukrainian central midfielder. If Bermy can spend wisely in the summer I think he has an excellent chance of finishing 5th/6th.

Malbon has the Potential to be a Leading EPL Goalie in the future, so i'd give him some games to see how he does. How is Dale doing?

Dale didn't get a look in for me with Terziev and Barry ahead of him in his best position and even more players ahead of him in his next best position.

He's a decent backup player but I don't think he'll ever make the first team.

Softies Pre-Season

Friendlies

They weren't tough friendlies but we played well, rotating the squad and regaining match fitness. The tactic I used was a more attacking virgin of dafuge's tactic

Transfers In/Out

I signed 3 players for the first team and 2 for the future (or to cash in on them in a couple of seasons). the players:

Tom Ford (Coach Report) - He is great and we should be solid in the back with him there

Jasper Sorensen (Coach Report) - A much needed DM not the best but should be good

Francesco Fumagalli (Coach Report) - He costs us a fortune but now we really strong at the back and shouldn't care about signing anyone there for a lot of seasons.

Adrian Stanisteanu - He is only 18 and could be a good PL player and if the next manager doesn't like him he could sell him for a profit, he only cost £40k.

Liam Street (Coach Report) - This was a mistake I meant to cancel the deal but. I accepted instead. Although we could get a profit out of him I thought £700k was too much.

The only player leaving us is Dorel Domnisoru for £1.8m. I know I didn't sell a lot but the team is now solid.

I'm tempted to sell Carmin Di Giuseppe for £15m but the hight I could get was £13m so any objections on me selling him for that fee ??

We drew Ujpest in the 4th Qualifying Round of the Europa League. Also we were given a 33-1 chance to win the league ( don't understand them at all :) )

He's been released then i presume? Anyone signed him up? He has the potential to become a Leading EPL Right Back/Wing Back/Right Mid/Attacking Right Mid :( Gutted, Absolubtly Gutted :(

sorry hamilton but the AM didn't rate him highly as you say and as dafuge said there are a lot of player ahead of him

btw he signed for League 1 side Bristol Rovers.

August Update:

Braintree 1-0 Ujpest

17.8.28 - EL 4th Qual. Rnd Leg 1

We started out quietly until the 20th min when Munro had a goal disallowed due to a foul against him, after that we kept on battering them with a lot of chances till the half-time whistle. After the break it was the same a lot of missed chances until the 59th min when Terziev broke the deadlock with a tap in after Munro had set him up with a header, it was a great play. Till the end of the game it was more of the same.

not the result I had expected but I certainly don't expect any surprises from them

West Brom 2-2 Braintree

20.8.28 - PL (1)

Really gutted. It was certainly a match of two halves!! We started out great when Ford scored a great right footed volley from inside the box, 7 mins later Guzman scored an identical goal but this time with a left footed volley. At half-time I thought I could build our GD with this game but I was wrong. They started the second half with a lot of energy scoring in the 7th min after that I knew they were going to equalize and they did.

Braintree 0-1 Fulham

26.8.28 - PL (2)

We were better the whole match, they scored a screamer at the beginning of the second half. We didn't deserve to lose!!

Guzman Got injured for 3-4 weeks and Stadsgaard for 3-4 days.

Di Giuseppe left to Man City for £13m. And 19-year-old Paraskevopoulos (Coach Report) joined us for about £300k. He could be as good as Munro

Ujpest 0-3 Braintree

31.8.28 - EL 4th Qual. Rnd Leg 2

The same as the first leg but this time we took more of our chances and scored!

Squad - Nobody was great, they all did well. I'm just concerned about Munro form, I wish he can pick it up

Table - I know its still early

Our 2 new singings Fumagalli and Ford got 1st and 2nd respectively in the Young player of the Month award

Next Month - It's going to be tough month because we are going to play Chelsea (A) , Everton (H), Liverpool (A), Tottenham (H), and EL Group Stage game. We have to pick up our form.

Monkeys save game LINK

Cheers much - doing it now. Will make a start probably tomorrow night. As some of you may realise I tend to play at fairly unsociable times from a UK perspective (generally at night and 4 hours behind you) - will try and consult on any major decisions though.

Desperately unlucky in europe Paul, stormer of a season though, WP.

September Update

We drew Reading(A) in 3rd Rnd of the League Cup. Just my luck !!

13 players got called up, only Funes was called up for a senior squad game.

Chelsea 2-1 Braintree

3.9.28 - PL (3)

They scored a goal at the beginning of each half a looked like they will score another but after the hour mark they were reduced to 10 men so I try to capitalize on that but we only scored one goal. I knew we were never going to win this match but we were close!!

We were seeded 3rd for the EL draw and we were handed a fairly tough group that includes: Brondby, Nice, Sevilla

We suffered from the "Fifa Virus" as Sorensen and Funes came back injured

Braintree 1-0 Everton

16.8.28 - PL (4)

At last a win. It was a really close game it could've gone either way but Terziev's early goal proved to be vital. A vital win against a team we challenged for a CL spot last season.

Braintree 3-1 OGC Nice

21.9.28 - EL Group Stage (1)

This was the team we were challenging for second spot considering Sevilla would win the group so it was an important win. We totally outplayed them, we got of to great start when Munro got passed 2 a slotted the ball home for his first goal of the season!! but they canceled the goal straight by none other than ex-Braintree player Craig Walton and it stayed that way till half-time so I decided to go attacking and it payed off with 2 goals from Ford and Munro.

just after McCabe got back from a 6 week injury, Ford got injured for 6 weeks :(

Liverpool 2-2 Braintree

24.9.28 - PL (5)

It was a close game but they were slightly better going in front twice but we managed to cancel their goals on both occasions.

Reading 0-1 Braintree

27.9.28 - LC 3rd Rnd

A lot of injured and tiered players also we were away against a tough team, the odds were firmly against us but the game proved to be otherwise. We were the better team and our chances were more dangerous and we got awarded for that just after the break when Munro broke free after a great play and scored. After that it was all Reading, they were just shooting long shots nothing dangerous. Let's hope the draw service us from now on ;)

We drew Man Utd in the 4th Rnd. although it's away but that is a better draw !!

Braintree 2-1 Tottenham

30.9.28 - PL (6)

Same as the Reading game but this time they were the better side with a lot of missed chances but they managed to get their goal early in the second half. and then it looked like they would win but 5 crazy minutes shifted the game to us, first Alexander scored directly from the corner kick to get us an equalizer and then berry scored right after the kick off to give us the lead. A really important win.

Munro will be out 2-3 weeks to pile on our misery!!

Squad - We started to pick up form now and Munro scored in 3 of the last 4 games. We're getting better

Table - We're struggling a bit here but the schedule this month was tough

Next Month - We 3 league games against : Arsenal (A) , Sunderland (H), Leeds (H) and 2 Europa League games against Sevilla (A), Brondby (H)

I'm not worried about the EL and I hope I can win 2 out 3 in the league next month.

He's been released then i presume? Anyone signed him up? He has the potential to become a Leading EPL Right Back/Wing Back/Right Mid/Attacking Right Mid :( Gutted, Absolubtly Gutted :(

He was rated as 'good PL', which was lower than all the players ahead of him. I tried to sell hi last season as well.

Right. When he started out, he was Leading EPL. Lack of playing time and not great facilities didn't help his development obviously. At least Malbon from my Youth Intake is still at the club

A tough but decent first couple of months, let's push on up the table :)

Archived