Wallace v Roberts 2009

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southern Softies - May update - Part 2:

Saturday 17th May 2031 - Premier league - Upton Park, London

West Ham 0-1 Braintree

This was by no means a great performance but we did what was needed and got the win. They created chance after chance but Grant Wilson was having the game of his life. We finally got a cross into their area and before Steve Ford could get to it a West Ham defender kicked it straight at West Ham's McCabe and it went into the back of the net. Braintree are Premier league champions!!!

League Table

Champions League Final 2031 - Preview

From the Olympiastadion in Berlin

Braintree Town vs Sevilla

Sevilla's progress to the final - They've done very well to get this far, only just scraped through the group stage with Chelsea comfortably winning their group. But out of the six knockout games they've played five of them have ended in a draw, beating Barcelona on penalties and Rangers on away goals.

Sevilla Key-Man: Alexandros Chatzifountas - Despite him being 34 years old he's still a driving force in the Sevilla midfield, my scout highly recommended him earlier in the season when he was still 33 (gave him a CA of 6 stars), that's how good he is. He's been playing at Sevilla for an amazing 13 seasons and got 113 caps for Greece.

Ex-Braintree: Grant Connolly - We sold him in 2027 for £10m and in 2027-28 got 20 goals in 19 games, and has scored 15 this season, but only 2 of those in Europe.

Braintree's progress to the final - Apart from the tie against Inter in the Quarter Finals we have had a very good run to the final, including beating Everton twice despite not beating them in the League or League Cup semis.

Braintree Key-Man: Lee Dennis - The obvious choice for our key man, he scored a staggering 10 goals in the 6 group games, and altogether has 12 goals in 12 games in Europe as well as 4 assists and 6 man of the matches. Dennis should really get the CL best player whether we win or lose today, and it would be daylight robbery if he doesn't.

Match odds

9 minutes.. Sevilla have the first shots but both from long range and not troubling Grant Wilson.

10 minutes... Stadsgaard takes a throw in short to Funes who crosses to the far post and Barry hits the post with his header.

17 minutes... Lee Dennis makes a mazy run through the middle to shoot over the bar from the edge of the area.

30 minutes... Steve Ford picks the ball up on half way and is bundled down and picks up a knock, may have to take him off at half time.

32 minutes... Lee dennis collects the ball in the area but shoots straight at the keeper who puts it out for a corner, nothing comes from the corner.

45 minutes... Fumagalli picked up a yellow card, Steve Ford had a header saved brilliantly by the Sevilla keeper. Wright also had a shot that went wide. Grant Wilson also made a great save from Sami.

Half Time - been pretty even so far to be honest, I hope we play better in the second half. Bryan Munro has come on for Steve Ford.

46 minutes... Grant Connolly has a shot over the bar for Sevilla.

61 minutes... Lee Dennis runs into the area but gets tackled heavily, penalty appeals turned down, maybe as he didn't actually go down. Corner though. They clear from the corner and Stadsgaard brings down a Sevilla player and gets booked.

65 minutes... The players play ping pong in their area but somehow can't get a shot in, chance wasted.

76 minutes... Penalty to Braintree but Fumagalli misses, he can score them in the World Cup!! :(

83 minutes... Sevilla have a shot which WWilson saves for a Sevilla corner, thankfully nothing comes from it.

86 minutes... Braintree double substitution, Frank Ruddick on for Alex Wright and Charlie Haworth on for Stuart Grant, both were exhausted.

90 minutes... the full time whistle goes, it's extra time.

92 minutes... We get a free kick wide on the right, which eventually falls to Ruddick but their 'keeper saves his shot.

94 minutes... Another penalty appeal this time turned down, we're having the better of the play at the moment, just hope we can finish it off.

105 minutes... Sorenson has a shot straight at the 'keeper.

107 minutes... We take a corner and Tom Ford heads it in!! It's disallowed, presumably for a push in the area. :(

110 minutes... Sorenson has another chance but again straight at the keeper but we get a corner, nothing comes from it.

115 minutes... We're still well on top and it would be robbery if we lose now, or on penalties.

120 minutes... It does go to penalties.

Match stats.

Sevilla take first, it's Quesnei, and he misses!!

I stuck with Fumaalli, who puts it away, 1-0

Schneider scores for Sevilla, 1-1

Funes puts it right in the corner, 2-1

Chatzifountas scores, 2-2

Todd Henderson scores, 3-2

Milosovic hits the post and goes out!! 3-2

TOM FORD SCORES!!! 4-2, we win on penalties.

The first of many updates

January

League Match #21: Wednesday January 1, 2031 15:00

Hull v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Diego, Nonato, Kvist, Marrow, Andriy, Cummins, Snelling, Puckett, Henriksen Subs: Jennings (Marrow), Tetteh (Cummins)

We travel to Hull looking to continue our winning streak. Lafita comes out outside his box and gets beat by Robinson who places it into the empty net. Henriksen nods on to Puckett who races to goal and puts it in the net for a 32nd minute equaliser. Manuel lays off an 83rd minute free kick to Andriy who blasts it near post from 30. The centrebacks pair up on a free kick from near the byline, Diego crosses in to Nonato's head and its in the net.

MOM: Andriy (3)

FA Cup 3rd Round: Saturday January 4, 2031 15:00

Blyth v. Fulham

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Smith, Nonato, Raimundo, Tetteh, Henriquez, Snelling, Jennings, Henriksen, KdV Subs: Andriy (Tetteh), Puckett (Henriksen), Kvist (Raimundo)

Fulham come to Blyth Stadium in the most exciting, on paper, matchup of the 3rd Round. Tetteh has to come off injured in the 10th minute with Andriy coming on for him. The first half ends all square in a fairly even game. In the 56th minute, Kvist comes on for Raimundo, who picked up an injury. The 59th minute sees the first goal as Snelling finds Puckett who beats the Fulham keeper. Fulham's keeper comes out to challenge KdV and fails. KdV finds Puckett who heads into the empty net for the 2-0 lead.

MOM: Puckett (4)

League Match #22: Saturday January 11, 2031 15:00

Blyth v. Man Utd

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Smith, Diego, Kvist, Jennings, Henriquez, Cummins, Snelling, Puckett, KdV Subs: Vyskoc (Cummins), Lafforgue (KdV), Upson (Puckett)

Man Utd come to town looking to stop our momentum from the last month and a bit. Cummins runs down the right sideline and crosses in to KdV who ends his 400 minute goalless streak. Freeman, on his return to Blyth Stadium, equalises in the 31st minute. Man Utd are able to halt us momentarily as the match ends in a 1-1 draw.

MOM: KdV

League Match #23: Saturday January 18, 2031 15:00

Derby v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Nonato, Diego, Kvist, Henriquez, Andriy, Snelling, Jennings, Puckett, KdV Subs: Lafforgue (Puckett), Stamenkovic (Andriy)

We travel to Derby looking to get back to winning after a disappointing draw against Man Utd. Derby jump out at us, completely unexpectedly and Daniel Gray puts them up in the 15th minute. A Derby free kick and the ball ends up with Marshall who puts it in and we are down 2-0 now. Kvist finds Puckett for the goal and we are able to claw one back. A loss to Derby, and that may be the match that ends our title aspirations for this season.

MOM: Marshall (Derby)

FA Cup 4th Round: Saturday January 25, 2031 15:00

Blyth v. Stoke

Starting Lineup: Moogan, Manuel, Nonato, Smith, Kvist, Marrow, Jennings, Cummins, Snelling, Puckett, KdV Subs: Lafforgue (KdV)

We host Stoke in what should be a far easier match then our last FA Cup match against Fulham. Jarvis starts off the scoring for Stoke on a 12th minute corner. Puckett dribbles through the Stoke squad to equalise four minutes later. We are headed for a replay as the match finishes 1-1.

MOM: Puckett (5)

League Table

February

League Match #24: Saturday February 1, 2031

West Brom v. Blyth

MOM: Lyne (West Brom)

FA Cup 4th Round Replay: Wednesday February 5, 2031

Stoke v. Blyth

MOM: Henriksen

League Match #25: Sunday February 9, 2031

Blyth v. Charlton

MOM: Jennings

FA Cup 5th Round: Saturday February 15, 2031

Blackburn v. Blyth

MOM: Marrow

League Match #26: Saturday February 22, 2031

Blyth v. Chelsea

MOM: Andriy

Champions League Match #7: Tuesday February 25, 2031

Blyth v. Juventus

MOM: Puckett

League Table

Young Player of the Month

March

League Match #27: Saturday March 1, 2031

Blackburn v. Blyth

MOM: Henriksen

FA Cup 6th Round: Sunday March 9, 2031

Blyth v. Portsmouth

MOM: Johnson (Portsmouth)

Champions League Match #8: Wednesday March 12, 2031

Juventus v. Blyth

MOM: Toma (Juventus)

League Match #28: Saturday March 15, 2031

Blyth v. Arsenal

League Match #29: Sunday March 23, 2031

Middlesbrough v. Blyth

League Match #30: Wednesday March 26, 2031

Liverpool v. Blyth

League Table

Manager of the Month

Young Player of the Month

This is the fourth update that is coming now, it is the last one for now, as I still have to finish May.

April

League Match #31: Saturday April 5, 2031

Blyth v. Portsmouth

Champions League Match #9: Tuesday April 8, 2031

Blyth v. Chelsea

MOM: Singh

League Match #32: Saturday April 12, 2031

Newcastle v. Blyth

MOM: Bartlett (Newcastle)

Champions League Match #10: Wednesday April 16, 2031

Chelsea v. Blyth

MOM: Smith (Chelsea)

League Match #33: Saturday April 19, 2031

Blyth v. Reading

MOM: Stamenkovic

League Match #34: Saturday April 26, 2031

Aston Villa v. Blyth

MOM: Parsons (Villa)

Champions League Match #11: Tuesday April 29, 2031

Blyth v. Barcelona

MOM: Andriy

League Table

Goal of the Month

This is the first half of May

May

League Match #35: Saturday May 3, 2031 17:15

Blyth v. Fulham

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Nonato, Smith, Kvist, Tetteh, Marrow, Cummins, Vyskoc, Lafforgue, KdV Subs: Snelling (Cummins)

We play Barcelona on Wednesday, so I will rest the key players today. Manuel takes a free kick and puts it in the net in the 20th minute. We go into the half up 1-0 and if we keep this up, we should carry some momentum into Wednesday's match. Vyskoc gets the ball and puts it in the net, in the 73rd minute to ice the match. We get a much needed confidence booster going into the match at the Nou Camp.

MOM: Manuel

Champions League Match #12: Wednesday May 7, 2031 19:45

Barcelona v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Nonato, Diego, Kvist, Jennings, Andriy, Singh, Snelling, Lafforgue, Henriksen Subs: Puckett (Lafforgue), Smith (Snelling), Marrow (Henriksen)

We travel to the Nou Camp to play the second leg of the semi finals against Barcelona needing to score goals. Wilhelm gives Barcelona the early lead with a free kick in the 5th minute. Henriksen capitalises on a mistake and ties the score and we need one more goal to have a decent shot. Jackman puts Barcelona back in teh lead. We go into the half needing a goal to force extra time. Brodie Manning takes down Henriksen and Jennings steps up and scores the penalty and we are tied on aggregate and looking at extra time. Its 2-2 at the end of normal time and we are off to extra time. Funes beats Lafita in the 100th minute and we need to attack with everything we have to get a goal and the win. Singh hits Jennings on a corner in the 105th minute and we are going through if this result holds. Nonato gets a second yellow card and is sent off in the 111th minute and we have to hold on now. We hold on to the draw and the match ends 3-3, which means we are through to the FINAL, where we will meet Valencia

League Match #36: Saturday May 10, 2031 15:00

Bolton v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Nonato, Diego, Raimundo, Tetteh, Andriy, Cummins, Snelling, Lafforgue, KdV Subs: Marrow (Tetteh), Jennings (Snelling)

We go to Bolton after squeaking past Barcelona, looking to hold on to 2nd place in the league. Tetteh picks up a 9th minute injury and has to be taken off. The first half ends 0-0 but we have had the majority of the chances. Lafforgue picks up the ball and beats the Bolton keeper in the 75th minute for a 1-0 lead. Bolton answer right back with a goal by Thompson. Diego finds Nonato in the 85th minute for what turns out to be the winner.

MOM: Lafita

I will do the Champions League Final in great detail after I post the final league match.

Southern Softies - May update - Final Part:

Saturday 24th May 2031 - Chamions League Final - Olympiastadion, Berlin

Sevilla 0-0 Braintree (2-4 on penalties)

Player Ratings

Braintree Stats

Match write up

Legend - I didn't notice if that was there at the start of the season so I apologise if it was.

CL Best Player

CL Golden Boot

CL Dream Team

Tuesday 27th May 2031 - Premier League - Old Trafford, Manchester

Manchester United 3-0 Braintree

The kids were taught a harsh lesson today as by large they were poor, they've got a lot of learning to do if they are to make it as Braintree players. Playing for pride, Manchester United were on top from the first minute to the last, and it took them all of 3 minutes to get the first goal. They won a penalty which was scored in the 22nd minute. And it was 3-0 at half time thanks to Ian Haywood. We did better in the second half but failed to make any impact despite bringing on Steve Ford.

Final League Table

Save Link

(sorry, I've probably found the worst file sharing site there)

Nice work Saprtan, CL final is a great achievement.

I am away for two days, so won't be in a positiont to download the game should it come up tonight. I will be back on Thursday but I'm more than happy to step aside if somebody wants to nip in ahead of me.

League Match #37: Saturday May 17, 2031 15:00

Blyth v. Tottenham

Starting Lineup: Moogan, Alvarez, Raimundo, Nonato, Diego, Stamenkovic, Henriquez, Cummins, Marcial, Lafforgue, KdV Subs:

With the Champions League Final a week away and 2nd place pretty much clinched, all the first team regulars will be rested for this match. Stamenkovic takes a 25th minute free kick and beats the Spurs keeper to give us a 1-0 victory. Lafforgue gets on the end of one in the 34th and its 2-0 and Tottenham appear to be fading fast. Ferdinand claws one back for Tottenham in the 64th minute, on a corner. The match ends 2-1 and we have a week to get ready for Valencia.

MOM: Stamenkovic

League Match #38: Tuesday May 27, 2031

Leicester v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Moogan, Rothwell, Fernando, de Vries, Senior, Buonanno, Antonio, Marcial, Vaughan, Upson, Elam Subs: Jansen (Fernando), Brunskill (Antonio)

After playing the Champions League Final and having sewn up 2nd place in the league, I decided that I would give the reserves a run out in the first team for the last match of the season. Buonanno receives a pass from Marcial and coolly slots it in the Leicester net for the 1-0 lead. Marcial crosses to Elam who scores his first ever goal in a Blyth Spartans first team uniform. Fernando comes off with an injury and Jansen replaces him. Leicester pull one back with a goal by Uzoma. O'Neill crosses to Maxwell who ties the score at 2. Abbott has to go on for de Vries who is taken off with an injury as Leicester's Collins is sent off for being the last defender and dragging down Elam. The referee blows time on the match and the score is tied, 2-2.

MOM: Maxwell (Leicester)

Champions League Final

History

Champions League Match #13: Saturday May 24, 2031

Valencia v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Diego, Melvin, Kvist, Jennings, Andriy, Singh, Snelling, Puckett, Henriksen Subs: KdV (Henriksen)

Its the Champions League Final, the match everyone looks forward to when it comes to the end of the season. Somewhat fortuitously we show up in this match against Valencia, when it could have been Barcelona or even Chelsea if not for a few lucky bounces. Valencia have a 2nd minute chance go just wide of Lafita in net. Its all Valencia in the early going as Lafita makes another save in the first 20 minutes. Puckett earns a 22nd minute corner that is caught by the keeper. Snelling takes a shot from 30 that is over the net and then he hits side netting from close range. Manuel releases Jennings in the 29th minute and GOAL! We are up 1-0. Ferarrio puts it over the net just before half time. Snelling is having a horrid day shooting the ball as he blasts another one over the net. The referee blows for half time and the score is Valencia 0- Blyth 1. At half I tell the boys do win this one for the fans who have stuck by us throughout the years. Singh dribbles across the field and blasts over the net. Vasilev tries to lob it over Lafita, who gets back in time and makes the save. Off a layed off free kick Ferarrio hits the bar, but then gets back his miss and blasts one into the net from 30 yards. KdV on for Henriksen in the 70th minute. Snelling needs to stop shooting as he has now put 4 shots over the bar. Kvist receives a pass and finds KdV who came on as a substitute and he beats the Valencia keeper for what could very well be the winner. And the referee blows for full time and Blyth have WON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!! I don't know if this has ever happened in the history of the Champions League that the first season a team is in the competition, they are victorious.

Blyth Win

Board Reaction

Champions League Best Player

Champions League Dream Team

What a way to end a goal drought

Fan Reaction

Hall of Fame

End of Season Report

Well, the season is now over. We finished 2nd in the league and we were there for a good portion of the season.

Our team performed fairly well compared to the rest of the league.

This was our first team squad at the end of the season. Transfers

Overview

Board Confidence

Finances

Recommendations:

- We needed to be a bit more clinical in front of goal at key points in the season, so maybe a striker if we get rid of one.

- Offer Singh out and try to get money for him rather than letting him leave on a Bosman, he refuses to sign a new contract.

- Keep Jennings, Andriy, and Tetteh at all costs, they were all 3 outstanding this season and all three are classified as wonderkids.

SAVE GAME LINK

Well done Monkeys too, Chelsea still looking unbeatable there at the moment.

Good luck Cardiovascular, are you going to do a squad analysis or if not maybe dafuge wouldn't mind?

I'll do a proper season summary at some point soon when I get round to it.

Softie's Squad Overview

Goalkeepers

Grant Wilson is the star in this area, definitely the key to our success and will hopefully continue to be. He also was named the GK in Team of the Year. Don Murphy is the baby of the group, and "has the potential to be as good as Wilson," which will hopefully be true. And current back-up is Grandad Luke Gardner. I'm having a war with myself on whether to sell him or keep him as back-up. Opinions would be appreciated.

Right Back

There are 2 stars in this position, Irish lad Todd Henderson and Jesus Fonseca, a Mexican lad. I think I'll rotate between the two, maybe not match by match (most likely because I'll forget..) Michal Novak is someone who I'm not keen on and I'll aim to sell him for a good sum hopefully. Charlie Haworth obviously has/had potential, shown by his 46 U21 caps. Can played left or right - a massive bonus when it comes to back-up. However, we have 2 good players in both positions so Haworth may be going for a hopeful good price.

Left Back

James Marsh is the obvious star, a former wonderkid (I think?) and is most certain to be rotated with Jakob Stadsgraad, who is useful seeing he is versatile along the back. These are the only players in this position, however I'm confident they'll be good enough to remain the only players in the position.

Centre Back

Tom Ford and Fumagalli are the stars here, both excellent defenders and should continue their form into my season. Jonjo Street and Kevin Grace both have potential but are not ready yet. Back-ups will conveniently be the rotated full-backs Fonseca & Stadsgraad, meaning they won't get agitated as much.

Will update tomorrow!

Excellent season Spartan.:thup:

Slowly going through your last update and all the pics but I think that 2nd in the Premiership and winning the Champions League was the best we could have hoped for. Well done.

My own personal highlight was us demolishing Chelsea in Europe, (although we only took 1 point off them in the league).

[Edit]

Whoever goes next would they mind posting some more pics of the squad from the last season please.

Maybe just the squad stats screen and a couple of pics showing our star performers, (maybe Manuel, Puckett & Jennings).

He was indeed a wonderkid, and the England U21 captain. Seems to have fallen out of favour recently though.

I didn't realise Marsh was a wonderkid, problem is Stadsgaarrd was solid in the left back role and Marsh wasn't great when he came in, he's still an England regular though I think.

CV - I'd stick with Gardner as a backup GK just in case Wilson gets injured, I'm not sure Murphy is ready to be thrown in if needed.

Softie's Squad Overview

Goalkeepers

Grant Wilson is the star in this area, definitely the key to our success and will hopefully continue to be. He also was named the GK in Team of the Year. Don Murphy is the baby of the group, and "has the potential to be as good as Wilson," which will hopefully be true. And current back-up is Grandad Luke Gardner. I'm having a war with myself on whether to sell him or keep him as back-up. Opinions would be appreciated.

Right Back

There are 2 stars in this position, Irish lad Todd Henderson and Jesus Fonseca, a Mexican lad. I think I'll rotate between the two, maybe not match by match (most likely because I'll forget..) Michal Novak is someone who I'm not keen on and I'll aim to sell him for a good sum hopefully. Charlie Haworth obviously has/had potential, shown by his 46 U21 caps. Can played left or right - a massive bonus when it comes to back-up. However, we have 2 good players in both positions so Haworth may be going for a hopeful good price.

Left Back

James Marsh is the obvious star, a former wonderkid (I think?) and is most certain to be rotated with Jakob Stadsgraad, who is useful seeing he is versatile along the back. These are the only players in this position, however I'm confident they'll be good enough to remain the only players in the position.

Centre Back

Tom Ford and Fumagalli are the stars here, both excellent defenders and should continue their form into my season. Jonjo Street and Kevin Grace both have potential but are not ready yet. Back-ups will conveniently be the rotated full-backs Fonseca & Stadsgraad, meaning they won't get agitated as much.

Defensive Midfield

I'd say Jesper Sorensen was the star here, however he faces competition from Frank Ruddick. I can see Sorensen being my preferred player but should his form drop, Ruddick will be perfectly capable of filling his place. A strong position but should both get injured (maybe even loss of form) then we will effectively be screwed in that area. I may invest in a young DM just to fill all possibilties.

Central Midfield

Brian Alexander is the obvious star here, the club captain will feature this season as usual. Quite far behind him in terms of ability is Stuart Barry - I'm going to look to sell him due to his age for hopefully a fair price. Alex Wright is our newest star, the £9M man is most certainly full of ability and potential. And last but not least, promising youngster Toby Douglas is our 4th CM.

Attacking Midfield

It's quite worrying we only have one 'natural' midfielder in Lee Dennis however he is most certainly a capable one and will be for years to come. We have Oscar Funes, Brian Alexander and Stuart Barry for this position.

Wingers

Dominating the right wing is the star that is Aleksandar Terziev. The current vice-captain has been with us for a while, and will hopefully stay on for many years. The downside is my tactic doesn't use wingers, so that may have to altered. Oscar Funes has made himself our resident left winger and when I change to a 442 (which I plan to do - will this affect anything?) he will our left winger. Lee Griffin is one I may look to sell as the left wing may be overcrowded soon as wonderkid Mauro Bostolo and Northern Irish international Jonathan Thompson compete for places.

Striker

We have to obvious stars here, Bryan Munro and Steve Ford. Both are extremely capable and have made the striker position their own. Gastón Guzman currently has a broken leg, and at 31, I fear he may never recover. I'll look to sell him in January and seeing as my tactic has 3 strikers, I need another because our only other option is Adam Jones. He has bags of potential but is in no way ready yet.

TARGETS

• Young, promising DM
  • Another ST, preferably a capable winger so he won't be a benchwarmer in next manager's season.
  • Maybe a young right winger
  • A back-up goalkeeper

Archived