[FM 21] Arsenal - Still Waiting For Arteta's Tiki Taka!

VP.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

Yes mate I got Aarons as Bellerin's back up - for £24M. I really like him.

I play Auba (AML) & Lautaro Martínez (CF) together & they're great. 

what season did you sign martinez in? Hoping to get him in summer '21 but I assume Inter will want £100m+

Been running this tactic to great success with Dulwich, so using it here with some modifications, upped the tempo a bit with more pressing. Basically a tiki-taka with gegenpress elements. I find the WBs on attack is very potent and not a burden on the defensive end with that anchor man in front of the back 2. Ozil has been amazing in the first 2 games. I signed Pellegrini for £15m and he's instantly worth £40m, not sure why Roma let me have him for so little but I'll definitely look to move him in the summer for profit and upgrade the CAM spot.

628266941_FootballManager202131_12_202019_15_05.thumb.png.12be20826ff5e644fda1200219b044b1.png

So I'm at the point just before the 2022 WC starts. We've done well but we've had a lot of injuries, particularly to Gnabry and Pepe. Ronaldo and Edouard have carried us goals wise. 

288485361_Arsenal_Fixtures-4.png.3f6956590fa9285122ff1de4340b12dd.png1561681300_Arsenal_Fixtures-6.png.0e467ccf14bc2e86978d320c9df854e3.png302834463_Arsenal_Fixtures-5.png.277b3e42fd9c0aeed7f044ce237c34a2.png

Edouard broke his leg just before the QPR game which is a blow.

1612049396_Arsenal_Competitions-2.png.f2889597593e72178ba9db3e590cc8fb.png

2 hours ago, gooseta said:

what season did you sign martinez in? Hoping to get him in summer '21 but I assume Inter will want £100m+

I got him at the end of the first season, so Summer '21. Cost £66M, straight up no clauses. I sold Lacazette for £58M so it was a no-brainer. 

4 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

I got him at the end of the first season, so Summer '21. Cost £66M, straight up no clauses. I sold Lacazette for £58M so it was a no-brainer. 

ah ok that's nice. That's amazing that you got £60m for lacazette, did he start for you? I want to start Nketiah and Auba but not sure if laca's value will deteriorate if so.

Right so season 2 pre season is underway. Managed to sign tonali for 20 mill, camavinga arrived, Martinez arrived, I have a young pair of fullbacks, one from benfica at rb and an Italian left back 

I managed to offload holding for 15 mill to wolves, guendouzi and torreira are negotiating deals away so that’s an extra 40 million odd coming in. Laca too and el neney could be off.

bought in the young keeper from genk, looks promising and I’m looking at rice. Wouldn’t mind some more young English talent but my squad is looking very strong for season two

14 hours ago, gooseta said:

ah ok that's nice. That's amazing that you got £60m for lacazette, did he start for you? I want to start Nketiah and Auba but not sure if laca's value will deteriorate if so.

He did mate yeah - all comps - 32(5) app. 18 goals, 2 assists & AR of 7.01

1 hour ago, bigman said:

Right so season 2 pre season is underway. Managed to sign tonali for 20 mill, camavinga arrived, Martinez arrived, I have a young pair of fullbacks, one from benfica at rb and an Italian left back 

I managed to offload holding for 15 mill to wolves, guendouzi and torreira are negotiating deals away so that’s an extra 40 million odd coming in. Laca too and el neney could be off.

bought in the young keeper from genk, looks promising and I’m looking at rice. Wouldn’t mind some more young English talent but my squad is looking very strong for season two

If useful, I've got Rice in season 2. He's absolutely superb. I've played him as a HB but also a standard CM(D) and he's been excellent in both roles. 

14 hours ago, gooseta said:

Also mate, Nketiah - all comps in 20/21 - 12(9) app. 8 goals, 2 assists & AR of 7.08 - playing as a Pressing Forward/Support. 

In my second season I've actually loaned him to Valencia as I signed Mario Mandžukić as a backup CF. 

At last I am able to start a serious Arsenal career. I have Declan Rice coming for £45mil and Donnarumma on a free. I have just taken on Lieven Maesschalck as Head Physio, Physio 20, S/Science 16, Adaptability 18, Determination 20, Judging staff ability 20 and negotiating 20 BUT I wanted to give him the responsibility of looking for more top class medical personnel but it won't let you. The other one is Australian Andrew Nealon as S/Scientist, Physio 20, SS 16, Determ 18, Man Management 19, Motivating 18, Judge Player Ablty 16, Judging Plyr Potential 16 and his personality is driven.

Do you guys play the other countries as playable or view only

PS. Happy New Year everyone.

Is rice any good as a cb? I have tonali as my regista/dlp and camavinga, Partey can play there

i might try and unsettle tomori. 

united gone mad in my save, they signed Graelish and that Swedish lad from juve and they already have a young winger coming from Atalanta 

I wonder if that allows me to get Greenwood eventually? 

15 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

Is Martinez best as an af or pressing g forward? 

15 minutes ago, RossoneriGunner said:

At last I am able to start a serious Arsenal career. I have Declan Rice coming for £45mil and Donnarumma on a free. I have just taken on Lieven Maesschalck as Head Physio, Physio 20, S/Science 16, Adaptability 18, Determination 20, Judging staff ability 20 and negotiating 20 BUT I wanted to give him the responsibility of looking for more top class medical personnel but it won't let you. The other one is Australian Andrew Nealon as S/Scientist, Physio 20, SS 16, Determ 18, Man Management 19, Motivating 18, Judge Player Ablty 16, Judging Plyr Potential 16 and his personality is driven.

Do you guys play the other countries as playable or view only

PS. Happy New Year everyone.

This is my setup, all leagues are view only but in 'detail level' I have all matches on full detail for France, Germany, Italy, Scotland and Spain.

CDqUAyb.png

51 minutes ago, bigman said:

Is rice any good as a cb? 

I've seen him play there in someone's YT vids and he was disastrous BUT, they played him in a 433 between the 2 mids and defence as a DLP/Sup and he was brilliant.  This how I intend to play him when he arrives.

Gomez is so expensive but he’s the dream. I’m gonna make this long term so will see what happens but I would love Gomez and Greenwood involved

i also broke a promise to Nelson after forgetting g to give him a new deal. I let him be listed and offered him a deal anyway which he signed so he’s still listed lol

if I lose him I’ll buy Marcus edwards 

55 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

This is my setup, all leagues are view only but in 'detail level' I have all matches on full detail for France, Germany, Italy, Scotland and Spain.

CDqUAyb.png

The only reason I asked was that with countries set to view only you get approx 14,750 player database BUT, if you set them to Playable you get around 31k.

Played Declan Rice in the DM role as a DLP/SU and he made an immediate impact MoM 7.6. He was spraying balls around like a hippo having a pony.

Just sold Mesut Ozil to Napoli for £11.5m but have to pay £145k towards his wages until his contract expires.

JANUARY 2023 UPDATE:

COMPETITIONS:

37051d4336.png

Very tight at the top of the Premier League this season. Any slip-up is being punished. Gotta keep winning.

477f782a7e.png

Won my Champions League group over Juventus, Schalke, and Zenit, but still got a tough draw in Atletico. Going strong in the cups still

MATCHES:

9451c4abf3.png

ae80c46bd6.png

NEW ARRIVALS:

Musa Barrow - 12 goals and 2 assists  so far. He has been fantastic. An excellent signing and has usurped Auba's place.

Yusuf Demir - 4 goals and 8 assists so far. The word to use for him so far: "inconsistent". He's performing about as well as Calhanoglu on average, but with higher highs and lower lows.

Quick update... I'm back in work on Monday so am determined to get the 2021/22 season finished before the break ends. We're in the March international break as things stand. Arsenal have opened a seven point gap over Liverpool at the top of the table, so it's looking good with seven games left to play though no one is putting the champagne on ice just yet. We've also got the Champions League - after seeing off Zebre in the first knockout round we are up against Real Madrid and if we negotiate that obstacle then it's City or Napoli in the semi. There's an FA Cup semi-final to come too - we're up against Man United.

Some notes...

• I thought my new signings were going to be something of a busted flush for some time but they're settling in now. Donyell Malen is easing his way past Aubameyang as our first choice striker. Dwight McNeil competes with Saka for the left wing. 
  • I spent a bomb in the January transfer window. Rob Holding threw his dummy out and went to Zebre. I replaced him with Fulham's Tosin Adarabioyo, a beanpole defender who is so fantastic on set pieces that having him there is almost like cheating the game. I'd agreed a Bosman for Sandro Tonali, but then Lewis Cook took on a season ending injury so I paid to have him now - he's great, you all know this. Finally I paid the £45 million release clause for Ismael Bennacer. It was always the plan to get him but then Chelsea put in a bid and I panicked. 
  • I'm glad that Aaron Ramsey is only here on loan. He's been a bit off the pace for me.
  • Jack Wilshere was sold for gratis in January. With Tonali and Bennacer joining there was just no place left for him in the side. 
  • The big summer plan is to replace Auba, who's 32 and his physical levels are on the wane. Who with? I quite fancy having Gabriel Jesus, who looks as though he's on his way out at Man City...

I don't play FM quickly, so there's nothing for it but to get my head down and finish the campaign. 

Edited by Tee2

Right, tomori was gonna cost 70 mill, Gomez wasn’t going to be let go, de ligt was gonna cost 130 mill so I just went and got upamecano for 60

he has a ridiculous potential and pace and power. I now have 4 class cbs, Gabriel, Ahmed, saliba and upamecano

world class cms in camavinga, tonali, aouor, partey and willock who has become a pacey beast

great fullbacks in bellerin, tierney, amn, saka and my two youngsters 

strong wide forwards in martinelli, Pepe, Nelson, saka and amn as well as esr who is good and finally, my strikers are auba, Martinez and nketiah 

that is an amazing squad. I had a big of 120 mill accepted for Greenwood but don’t know where he would play so cancelled

if real come in for Pepe then I may go back for mason

i also have strong. Keepers in Leno and the kid from genk so my squad is the best I have had in my fm career

my dream players now would be, mbappe, Greenwood, Gomez/de ligt, de jong but all of them are over 100 mill

cant wait to start the season. Doing well on an American pre season tour, my team looks like this

..............Martinez (af a)

Aouor (if s).........../...........Pepe (if a)

..............Cana (mez s) ...partey(b2b)

........................tonali (reg s)

tierney (wb s) gab (bpd)..upa(bpd).bell (wb s)

.......................Leno (sk)

My Favourite result on any FM/CM.

Penultimate game of first season (I started again because I wanted to try a couple of data updates and buy Zlatan! (Started brill, but tailed off, but is the captain who OWNS the dressing room).

7-2 away win at WHL. 4 home grown kids on the scoresheet. Keeps my 100% EPL record. Sends Spurs down. Nice!

HA HA HA.png

4 minutes ago, bigman said:

Doesn’t it get boring for u winning every game? 

a little. Which is why after a first season on FM I always set myself different challenges. To be honest, this years FM seems too easy though. My only signings of note were Zlatan in first window (and Wilshere on a Bosman), and then Stones for £13m & and unsettled Szoboszlai in Jan (having sold Mustafi, Ozil, Socrates). Boosted the squad for cup games with a few Bosmans, and only really Liverpool Away, Utd Away, City Away & Juventus Away were games I didn't totally deserve to win.

But I always try to max out season 1 to give me more flexibility after that. More board patience, more dosh in case I have a whim signing/ particular strategy, and more transfer interest in the guys I want shot of.

It starts for real in Season 2. Much more youth orientated and HG player focused. Try to turn the current kids into a golden generation.

49 minutes ago, RossoneriGunner said:

When you sell players, do you get the money put into your transfer budget?

Or at least a large percentage of it - 70-90% - don't know if this applies to deferred payments or if the budget increases are also deferred.

4 minutes ago, lomekian said:

Or at least a large percentage of it - 70-90% - don't know if this applies to deferred payments or if the budget increases are also deferred.

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine sold a player for £100m and none of it went into his transfer funds.

I accidentally deleted my save 😂 and started again and Napoli, again, have come in for Mesut Ozil and have offered............£45.5m, yes you read that right, I'm still in shock lol.

2 minutes ago, RossoneriGunner said:

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine sold a player for £100m and none of it went into his transfer funds.

I accidentally deleted my save 😂 and started again and Napoli, again, have come in for Mesut Ozil and have offered............£45.5m, yes you read that right, I'm still in shock lol.

Biting off of hands? ;-)

Maybe your mate had some funky clauses, or the club's finances were not great? There should be an agreed % somewhere..

2 minutes ago, lomekian said:

Biting off of hands? ;-)

Maybe your mate had some funky clauses, or the club's finances were not great? There should be an agreed % somewhere..

Apparently he sold Mason Greenwood to PSG for £100m and still had the original £25m he started with. I sold Ozil on my original save, now deleted lol, for £11.5m

19 minutes ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Apparently he sold Mason Greenwood to PSG for £100m and still had the original £25m he started with. I sold Ozil on my original save, now deleted lol, for £11.5m

If you look at your finances screen it tells you what % of transfer revenue you get to keep. 

1 hour ago, lomekian said:

My Favourite result on any FM/CM.

Penultimate game of first season (I started again because I wanted to try a couple of data updates and buy Zlatan! (Started brill, but tailed off, but is the captain who OWNS the dressing room).

7-2 away win at WHL. 4 home grown kids on the scoresheet. Keeps my 100% EPL record. Sends Spurs down. Nice!

HA HA HA.png

Absolute dream. 

Let's be honest, Spurs getting relegated is nonsense but still funny to see. 

What on earth system are you playing first season to get that sort of points level?? 

11 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

If you look at your finances screen it tells you what % of transfer revenue you get to keep. 

Thanks mate 🍺

Just checked mine and it's 100% transfer revenues made available

Edited by RossoneriGunner

13 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Absolute dream.

What on earth system are you playing first season to get that sort of points level??

I've noticed Season 1 Spurs are absolute trash in FM with Jose. He has consistently had them near the bottom of the table, then they sack him midseason and slowly climb. It's very weird.

26 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Absolute dream. 

Same as before - in all games at home or expecting to win a 4-2-3-1 and all tricky  away games a 2-3-2-2-1 Gegenpress. Lots of counter-pressing, extremely high tempo, higher line of enagement etc. Found bringing Ibra in as an option to be a TM or DLF for games against deep blocks made a big difference. Meant I could always just up the crossing onto his bonce.

Poor old Leicester. As well as getting relegated on GD in the end, they then lost 7-0 to me in the EL final 3 days later, with a hatrick for Martinelli filling in for the injured Auba....ouch. Nketiah got 24 in the EL, setting a new record (helped by 5 against someone I'd never heard of in the opening game!)

Time for lots of turnover and giving the kids even more of a chance. Already started to give Azeez minutes of the bench. Would have done the same for Balogun, but he demanded a loan.

Just finished my first season at Arsenal and very pleased with hit it turned out. Decided on a couple of rules for my save :

Can only sign players on Approach to Sign, apart from...

English U19 players (with a max transfer fee of 30M)

I also immediately sold a lot of the IRL garbage... Xhaka, Willian, Ozil etc, with the aim of giving lots of minutes to the youngsters.  This is how it went :

A7BC098C-BC72-4B04-B198-05FDD337513D.png

2C6F8F97-992D-4341-9972-A5A613BB1A42.png
not sure if it’s clear but we won the Europa League final v Leicester. 
spent March and April scouring youth intakes ans have some very exciting youngsters arriving over the next two years. 
also have Depay and Milik arriving on frees, who will replace Auba and Laca up front, rotating with Nketiah

Edited by Burty76

15 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Thanks mate 🍺

Just checked mine and it's 100% transfer revenues made available

Existing money      £4.25m
Ozil fee.                  £45.5m
                             --------------
Total                       £49.75m

Transfer budget now £38m.
So where has the other £11.75m gone. I suppose that parasite Kroenke has stuffed it in his pockets.

Edited by RossoneriGunner

1 hour ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Existing money      £4.25m
Ozil fee.                  £45.5m
                             --------------
Total                       £49.75m

Transfer budget now £38m.
So where has the other £11.75m gone. I suppose that parasite Kroenke has stuffed it in his pockets.

Loyalty bonus? Paying off any wage %?

Forgot to do screenshots for season 7, we won the league and FA Cup but were knocked out by Valencia in the CL quarters. Managed to keep hold of Haaland but he went into melt down along with Reiss Nelson at the end of the season due to my lack of improving the defence... Both wanted to leave so Nelson was sold easily (£59m Liverpool) but yet to get an offer for Haaland anywhere near what he's worth, though he was dropped for our first league game of the season. If you don't wanna be here then you don't play, simple. Decided to sell on a few players who were earning big wages but not deserving to be, Maitland-Niles £54m Barcelona, Balogun £17m Bournemouth, Gabriel £32m Juventus and Ramsdale £35m PSG.

Here are the players I've brought in so far, have spent £240m so far and still have £237m in the bank but the vast majority of that money spent came at the end of least season budget.

WF7OfYs.jpg

4ThVa93.jpg

IXv35Hv.jpg

rBWom7c.jpg

If/when Haaland goes I will certainly be looking to sign a replacement as Zirkzee was not meant to be a first team regular (though did score twice on his debut away to Liverpool)

Oh and still not allowed a new stadium ffs.

Made a couple January 2023 transfers I wasn't expecting, thanks to both AMN and Kostas Tsimikas doing their ACLs somehow. Had to find backups for them. Also Guendouzi got mad I wasn't playing him over Camavinga often enough(I was) and wanted to go out on loan, so I also got another DM for the squad.

Tariq Lamptey is a player I love IRL. He was unsettled at Brighton due to their relegation last season, so I was able to pick him up for a fairly reasonable 12.25M. He can cover both sides and is good backup. He's also performing really well and might upend Bellerin, who is in poor form?

Abdoulaye Toure is only here on loan for 6 months, but I can make it permanent for 11M. I doubt I'm going to as he was always meant to just be backup and he's older than my preferred signings. But he's acceptable in that spot right now.

2 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a D/L to cover for Tierney. Thanks 🍺

I like to check out the transfer list for backup players. Sometimes someone like Liverpool is wanting to get rid of a player like Kostas Tsimikas, who is fine as a backup and is happy enough playing as a backup. Otherwise you can probably raid Celtic for Greg Taylor, who should be cheap and a fine backup. Those are the first two places I'd look if you're just looking for a backup.

2 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a D/L to cover for Tierney. Thanks 🍺

First save I had I picked up Danny Rose from spurs for £2.5m

Near the end of the first transfer window there should be some decent options listed as a few players with contracts expiring are LBs

2 hours ago, hasdgfas said:
2 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

I like to check out the transfer list for backup players. Sometimes someone like Liverpool is wanting to get rid of a player like Kostas Tsimikas, who is fine as a backup and is happy enough playing as a backup. Otherwise you can probably raid Celtic for Greg Taylor, who should be cheap and a fine backup. Those are the first two places I'd look if you're just looking for a backup.

2 hours ago, lomekian said:

First save I had I picked up Danny Rose from spurs for £2.5m

Near the end of the first transfer window there should be some decent options listed as a few players with contracts expiring are LBs

Thanks guys, as you know you only have Kolasinac to cover for Tierney, I know Saka can play there but I am using him to cover Auba. At least you have AMN to cover for Bellerin. I'll take a look at Lamptey and spend some of Kroenke's money 😂

On 01/01/2021 at 07:33, RossoneriGunner said:

I have just taken on Lieven Maesschalck as Head Physio, Physio 20, S/Science 16, Adaptability 18, Determination 20, Judging staff ability 20 and negotiating 20 BUT I wanted to give him the responsibility of looking for more top class medical personnel but it won't let you. The other one is Australian Andrew Nealon as S/Scientist, Physio 20, SS 16, Determ 18, Man Management 19, Motivating 18, Judge Player Ablty 16, Judging Plyr Potential 16 and his personality is driven.

Good finds!  Thanks