[FM 21] Arsenal - Still Waiting For Arteta's Tiki Taka!

VP.

5 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

What season are people in now, I've just finished 9 and only have Tierney, Saka and Martinelli from the original squad (think without checking). Seems strange seeing everyone mention Partey etc when he's long gone from my save 😁

I'm in Summer 2024 and trying to figure out the future of the save. As soon as I get a Champions League I might just get crazy and do a "sell everyone once they reach 30" stipulation so I churn through players more.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Mr. VerticalTikiTaka said:

I've noticed that wingers are always rubbish against top teams, for example whenever I lose v liverpool or city, it is normally my winger that gets the low rating, such as 5.9 or 6 and so on. should I just not play with wingers against these teams?

Pepe......
vs Liverpool - Charity Shield 7.1
vs Tottenham (a) PL 7.7
vs WBA (h) PL 8.1 obviously not a top 6 team
vs Man City (a) PL 5.9 - only 2 players got more than 6's Leno 7.4 and Cédric 7.3.

Edited by RossoneriGunner

Our boy is back! Not sure how old everyone is here - but here's an obscure Wenger-era Arsenal old boy. He joins as U-23 assistant manager.

Also, has anyone ever noticed Steve Bould has a 0.5 star rating as manager of the u23s? I desperately want to change his role to coach, but he never accepts the change in role. Still sorting out the mess that is the backroom staff at the start of the game.

So far in summer 2021, I've brought in Kolo Toure and snagged Rodolfo Borrell, who was unemployed after Pep was sacked at Manchester City. 

374468860_ourboyisback.PNG.f6f4eb0c1c8aadf6df5bce8a8f80ef73.PNG

20 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

yep! I am still on SV-BWM as the DMs. No change this season

Thank you. A merge between what I was working on and yours is working so well (so far).

Some games we are at 65% possession - others 45% but we are still quick and dangerous in attack. Great stuff, thank you!

3 hours ago, Swills417 said:

Our boy is back! Not sure how old everyone is here - but here's an obscure Wenger-era Arsenal old boy. He joins as U-23 assistant manager.

Also, has anyone ever noticed Steve Bould has a 0.5 star rating as manager of the u23s? I desperately want to change his role to coach, but he never accepts the change in role. Still sorting out the mess that is the backroom staff at the start of the game.

So far in summer 2021, I've brought in Kolo Toure and snagged Rodolfo Borrell, who was unemployed after Pep was sacked at Manchester City. 

374468860_ourboyisback.PNG.f6f4eb0c1c8aadf6df5bce8a8f80ef73.PNG

Nice one dude! The Horse is back! I always sign former players as coaches too. 

You're right about the backroom staff, I had a big clear-out early on. 

Do you keep or sell Chambers and Mari?

West Ham in bottom 3 without no win in 6 games, so I'm piling pressure on Declan Rice and it's  looking promising.

I've just started showing interest in Dayot Upamecano as well. Just got to wait till January to offer Donnarumma a contract as his contract runs out on 30/6/2021.

2 minutes ago, hasdgfas said:

I sold Chambers, but kept Mari

I've got my full squad and everything is going amazingly. Now Chambers and Mari are back from injury and have the hump because they are not registered, so it looks like they will both be sold. More funds for Rice and Upamecano.

2 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

I've kept Chambers but loaned to Valencia & sold Mari to Valencia. 

I've now put both players on the transfer list and they are happy looking forward to a new challenge.  I put offers in for Rice and Upamecano which were both rejected, I knew they would be and now both players  are really unhappy. Looks like it could be a great January transfer window. Luvly jubbly.

Febuary review 2020/21

A succesfull febuary doesnt even cover it. i put arsenal at bottom, 6 points away from safety, and come the end of the month we were 16th. The first match of my time at arsenal was a 2-0 win v burnley, in which pepe was imennse!. He scored an incredible opener, cutting inside from the left, running across the pitch, dribbling down to the touchline, taking on 4 defenders and smashing a right-footed shot into the top corner. He won a penalty later on and was a pain for burnley all afternoon! The second game was a 1-0 over relegation rivals west ham, in which aubamayang scored a decent close-range volley. We then had the North London Derby, in which tottenham were heavy favorites. we opened the scoring after a loose ball fell to gabriel on the edge of the box, and he proceeded to hit a rocket into the bottom corner. They equalised through a son volley, but in the 93rd minute, they decided to give partey miles of space as he dribbled into the box, and hammered his shot past lloris.  we won 2-1. After a 0-0 draw v aston villa, which we really should have won, we bounced back by putting on an uncharacteristically counter-attacking tactic on v chelsea. Despite going behind, we hit them on the counter twice, with willian running down to the touchline to cross for saka for the first goal, and then partey running pretty much the length of the pitch while their defence social distanced to rifle his shot past mendy. Next game will be tougher, a home game v league leaders man city. However, give our recent form, I am very optimistic going into this game! We climbed out of relegation, and will be looking to build on that.

I'm going to do a write up at the end of my second season (should be this afternoon) but had to get a little post in early... I've just had my youth intake for the year and think I've possibly got my central midfield sorted for years to come.

Firstly, meet Declan Larkin. According to my head of youth development Sebastian Pait, Larkin "looks as if he could possibly emerge as one of the best players of his generation". His physical stats leave a little to be desired, but his mentals look decent.

DeclanLarkin.PNG.bb768fae666f29c5482d4fff25768f85.PNG

Secondly, we have Carlton Rayner. Not quite as highly rated, but he looks like he could be a very good partner to Larkin. He's got the aggression, bravery and work rate to carry out the "dirty" parts of the game.

CarltonRayner.PNG.ab810a43716ff2dd7c46f62a88136050.PNG

I'm really looking forward to developing these 2, and I intend to get them both involved in the first team as soon as I can. 

29 minutes ago, Sean3h said:

I'm going to do a write up at the end of my second season (should be this afternoon) but had to get a little post in early... I've just had my youth intake for the year and think I've possibly got my central midfield sorted for years to come.

Firstly, meet Declan Larkin. According to my head of youth development Sebastian Pait, Larkin "looks as if he could possibly emerge as one of the best players of his generation". His physical stats leave a little to be desired, but his mentals look decent.

DeclanLarkin.PNG.bb768fae666f29c5482d4fff25768f85.PNG

Secondly, we have Carlton Rayner. Not quite as highly rated, but he looks like he could be a very good partner to Larkin. He's got the aggression, bravery and work rate to carry out the "dirty" parts of the game.

CarltonRayner.PNG.ab810a43716ff2dd7c46f62a88136050.PNG

I'm really looking forward to developing these 2, and I intend to get them both involved in the first team as soon as I can. 

They look like an almost perfect midfield duo as 2 holding or central midfielders to control the play. They complement each other almost perfectly, as each covers up for the others weaknesses. They even have opposite strong feet! Larkin looks like a future captain with 14 leadership. My only concern is that the proffesional personality of rayner might clash with the light-hearted personality of larkin. However, if you can get them working together, they are sure to be very good!

So the transfer window was much more stressful and busy than I ever imagined.

I went in wanting to improve the depth and add a top class forward. Edouard's 25 league goals is clearly impressive but he feels more Giroud than RvP. The first signing I made was early and a big one.

2022082663_JudeBellingham_Profile.png.3ecb951b13fc671fefc8b946eee04bfa.png

Probably the best player in Germany last season, he'll end up costing around £90m.

I sold a lot of the squad players. Some cheap youth signings I made in the first two seasons have all been moved on after loan spells for big profit. Nketiah went to Norwich for £21m. Nketiah turned down a £50m move to China in January and a £30m to Roma at the start of the window. Nketiah is in my bad books.

Leno went on loan with a mandatory £27m fee as I brought in this regen keeper

1420879828_AntonioJess_Profile.png.20a5877872827ac4a29deacf6a2d4dbe.png

This summer saw a few recently turned 18 year olds join the club. Also coming in is Marcus Edwards on a free to provide depth for a year or two before being moved on for profit. Pepe went for a cheap £25m to Palace. No one wanted him and his record last season was poor. I wanted to sell to provide a first team spot for Saka who ended the season superbly. Neco Williams comes in for a second loan spell as a back up right back whilst I loan out two regen RBs. Brandon WIlliams comes in for £10m for Manchester United mainly as a back up LB.

I was pretty happy with the squad when two big things happened. A certain striker that I'd been chasing for the last year was put on the transfer list for £73m which I bid for straight away. Real Madrid and Manchester City activated Gnabry's £86m release clause, with the German choosing to try his luck in Spain. I wasn't too disappointed about this. Gnabry was good when he played but loved an injury.

The striker btw? He moved to PSG at the end of the first season from a small club in London.

1297247503_HarryKane_Profile.png.6f283163aafd8ed6e84f9b276f3d7b64.png

A few notable regens that I want to give game time to this season

1937658807_MickRussell_Profile.png.0f823a8e229dc3f48764f7fed93a21db.png1906518343_JonnyTomlinson_Profile-2.png.df5a270c3ad0c4602f0c9e8731ebf1e0.png

2021/2022 season review

My second season is now finished and it brought us straight back down to earth. We didn't win any competitions this year (although we did come close to winning the league) and our attackers just didn't perform anywhere near the level I was expecting of them. Before the season started, I had a bid accepted and contract agreed with Dominic Calvert-Lewin, before deciding to cancel the deal at the last minute. In hindsight, this was a pretty poor decision as we didn't score as many goals as we should have done.

Transfers

I went into this season with the main aim of planning for the future. I brought in some younger players for my U23/U18 squads and moved on a bunch of the kids that weren't going to get anywhere near the first team (with juicy 50% next sale clauses in every deal!)

Transfers2122.thumb.PNG.48c309e29c0e114b3f73b93ab82dbf4c.PNG

Loans2122.PNG.cfbdb7b877f53acae88f7eec15987380.PNG

Free2122.thumb.PNG.d7f5cfcacc1d0b45444c4e51582e3d07.PNG

Squad stats

As I mentioned earlier, I was disappoted with our attackers this year. Aubameyang was the only player with more than 15 goals, and I think this is why we didn't win anything. Lacazette was given a new deal early on in the season and then proceeded to just stop scoring goals. He picked things up a little later on in the season, but it really wasn't good enough from him. Buendia also failed to live up to the heights of last season, but he still had the highest average rating of all of our attacking players.

Squad2122.thumb.PNG.6281da1a2462947428af3cb716bdf9aa.PNG

Competitions

Competitions2122.thumb.PNG.408654298a00fe8108ab80e121257098.PNG

Plans for next season

I've already agreed one deal ahead of next season - Cristiano Ronaldo will be joining on a free transfer. When I saw our struggles in front of goal, I panicked a bit and quickly made the decision to sign him. I'm hoping he will be good enough to last me a few years while youngsters like Logan Smith (a regen I signed from Forest) develop. Hopefully Ronaldo will be a good influence on some of the younger guys as well. Other than that though, I've got nothing else agreed at this stage. Ainsley Maitland-Niles wants to leave, and as he's worth £55M I'm going to try to cash in on him. I feel bad about losing one of our home grown lads, but he's just not as good as Tierney and I can't see him getting game time anywhere else. Joe Willock could also see his time at the club come to an end, although he's more likely to go out on loan. I also intend to sell Kostas MavropanosPablo Mari and Lucas TorreiraGranit Xhaka had a mandatory fee as part of his loan deal, and he'll be officially joining Monaco.

A very eventful Summer 2024 Transfer Window for me(At least, a ton of players on their way out). Let's go over them:

0ff65ccc50.png

Gabriel Martinelli  just didn't quite develop as well as I had hoped. I gave him plenty of game time, but he didn't perform that well. 27.5M rising to 34M is very good for that. I wish him well at Benfica. Love him IRL, just didn't quite make it in game.

David Raya was down to a year left on his contract, and while he was a good backup, I'd rather go with someone younger in that spot instead of renewing him. 15.25M rising to 18.75M is very good return when I bought him for 6.75M originally.

Emile Smith Rowe is worse than Hakan Calhanoglu and Yusuf Demir, so it was time to cash in on him. 25M is excellent.

Jaume Jardi was never going to be good enough. Still, 9.25M profit on a free transfer is great for someone of his level.

Chrislain Matsima was also not good enough. I thought he would make it too. Alas. Brought him in for 1.9M, sold him for 5.5. Not huge return, but better than nothing.

Hans Nicolussi Caviglia is my happiest sale. In for free, out for 10.5M.

Nikolaj Moeller had all the physical tools, but didn't develop well enough elsewhere. 3M is fine.

---------------

With all those outs, I have significantly fewer new additions to the first team squad than you might think. Most of the outs were players I had been trying to develop with loans anywhere. But let's go over the newbies.

Remy Mitchell is the new backup keeper. Nowhere near as good as Raya, but maybe with some Cup games he can develop. I've got plenty of young keepers though, at least one of them will probably be a good backup choice longer term.

Nnamdi Collins is absolutely incredible. He usurped Pablo Mari as my first choice central defender. I picked him up on a free at the end of 2022/23! He's so good! A massive steal.

Frank Danielsen is a very promising midfielder I'm trying to turn into my backup Segundo Volante behind Camavinga. I picked him up on a free as well, from Midtjylland.

Melquisedet Florez is knocking on the door of the starting striker behind Brenner. He wasn't picked up on a free, but was picked up for only 900k from Colombian team Junior. He was out on loan at Sporting CP last season and was one of their best players. Hopefully he can keep it up here.

-----

Hopefully we can finish off the Champions League title this season. We keep getting so close.

JANUARY 2025 UPDATE:

COMPETITIONS:

319509e5d4.png

Still alive in everything

PREMIER LEAGUE:

c90d5a0742.png

Too many draws. We don't give up goals, but we apparently score them too inconsistently so far.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:

74bf79b72b.png

Crushed the Group Stage. Hopefully that's a good sign for the knockouts.

INDIVIDUAL HONORS:

4fab27910a.png

626ccfb2a3.png

----------------

Overall, a good first half of the season. If we can keep up our European consistency I'll be happy. I care way more about that than the League.

This is the world record transfer fee in the save and is only behind the famous Neymar transfer from real life as far as those go, so for that price I'm not turning it down. I tried to get a Neymar fee, but 150M rising to 180M is totally acceptable. Even Camavinga is replaceable.

5 hours ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

Any suggestions on who to sell first season?

Cedric, Sokratis, and Ozil are the main 3 I've seen people sell first season. The big clearout is generally after the first season. when you have some more funds to play around with and can really start to shape the team the way you want it.

Edited by hasdgfas

5 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

Cedric, Sokratis, and Ozil are the main 3 I've seen people sell first season. The big clearout is generally after the first season. when you have some more funds to play around with and can really start to shape the team the way you want it.

The first thing I did was to list Ozil, Sokratis, Mustafi and Luiz and luckily enough they all actually sold, gobsmacked lol.

I've reached 28th December in my first season and as soon as the 1st Jan comes I will be putting in offers for Declan Rice, Dayot Upamecano and Gianluigi Donnarumma (Free).

How many U18's did you bring in to keep the board happy ?.

2024/2025 SEASON REVIEW:

A season worthy of celebration. Not only for finally finishing off the Champions League emphatically, but, well, you'll see.

COMPETITIONS:

9858da9788.png

Yep, 5 Trophies. And a chance for a sixth with the Club World Cup. But I hate the new CWC so I don't care about it that much. Still. A fantastic season.

PREMIER LEAGUE:

201ec85bea.png

Comfortable in the end. Manchester United couldn't keep up their first half of the season form and we pulled away by the end. And seriously, look at that defensive record. There's nothing I love more than giving up very few goals in a season.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:

1d98dd4254.png

Not an easy run. It never is in the Champions League, but even so, getting through Barcelona, Liverpool, and Manchester United is nice.

FA CUP:

b2ae14aba6.png

would call this an "easy run". Only City(and Brighton due to me playing my 2nd XI) gave me any difficulty, and the Blackburn match was a laugher.

CARABAO CUP:

97c24ef7ff.png

Another weird tournament. Squeaked by Charlton and then had a bunch of easy wins until the finals, which was some crazy extra time.

MATCHES:

I didn't post any of this during the midseason review, so let's look at them now.

21969daec5.png

350daffa2b.png

0b552e33dd.png

As you can see, some absolutely fantastic performances. Some snoozers in there, but when we don't give up goals very often, I'll take 1-0 wins. They don't all have to be 5-0s.

INDIVIDUAL HONORS:

c344ad5020.png

5bce65d3bc.png

e231d6e4c6.png

even a player I loaned out got in on the action

334b2f5b28.png

----------------

So, yeah. Even with selling star man Camavinga in January, it didn't slow us down at all, and we met all our goals. I have some real thinking to do about the future of this save now. If it continues, if I start a new one, if I change up my rules, etc. I'll keep you all updated on that. I'm leaning towards "Youth Only", to try to get more use out of the youngsters we have in the U23s/U18s to start the save. That'd be no players in, live or die by what we start with and our youth intakes.

However, since it's been a couple seasons, and because of the huge success of this season, I'm going to post another full squad review to give some glory to the famous quintuple-winning players. That'll be its own post coming in a bit.

QUINTUPLE-WINNING SQUAD REVIEW:

GOALKEEPERS:

Bernd Leno - the undisputed #1, even 5 seasons in. He remains incredible. 31 Clean Sheets, 22 in the League, 8 in the Champions League. Legend of a goalkeeper for me.

Remy Mitchell - A very capable backup. Came from the Academy and developed enough that I gave him a shot as Cup Keeper. It worked, the team won 2 trophies with him between the sticks. The only cup game he missed was the FA Cup match against Brighton when he was injured. 8 clean sheets in his 10 cup appearances, including a clean cup run, as he didn't give up a single FA Cup goal. He even got 2 League appearances at the end of the season once the title had been secured. I don't think he'll ever be more than a backup, even once Leno retires or wants a new challenge, but a good Cup Keeper. And hey, he's 21, maybe he'll really kick it up to a new level.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS:

Gabriel - What can I say about him? He's just fantastic. Even chipped in with 3 goals this season. I don't need goals from my center backs, but they're still nice. Average rating of 7.06 shows how strong and consistent he's been.

Rob Holding - Starting to fade in comparison to the rest of my center backs. Average rating of 7.01 is still good, but it was boosted by the FA Cup run, where we crushed the entire tournament. Only an average of 6.91 in the League. Yeah, he got 2 goals in the FA Cup, but he's starting to want a new challenge, and if I keep this save going, I'm letting him go.

William Saliba - Also behind the starters in terms of performances. Average rating of 7.05 but again boosted by the Cup. 6.97 in the League. He was the goalscorer of my centerbacks with 4 goals. I like him, yeah, but he's not a world beater. And that's fine, he hasn't needed to be.

Nnamdi Collins - The breakout star of the defense. Average rating of 7.06, and 7.01 in the League. He's great. Keep an eye out for him in your saves too. He's an incredible talent, and that high technique means you could even get fancy with him and a more offensive role. If you like a Libero, he can do that. You could also probably retrain him as a Segundo Volante if you wanted.

FULLBACKS:

Hector Bellerin - Still fantastic. 3 goals, 7 assists(2/5 in the League), average rating of 7.23. I've been slowly phasing him out some this season though, since he's hitting 30 and probably starting to deteriorate physically soon.

Tariq Lamptey - The player who I have started to rotate in with Hector. 2 goals and 5 assists(1/3 in the League), average rating of 7.27. He's so good offensively, getting pre-assists regularly and a ton of important runs down the right.

Kieran Tierney - Also still fantastic. 1 goal and 4 assists, with an average rating of 7.14 might not look outstanding, but he's been very important for the team's consistency.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles - Tierney's backup, but had a horrible injury in December that took him out for the rest of the season. He still got a goal and 2 assists and an average rating of 7.13. He's a fine backup.

Rasmus Due - Brought up from the U23s as Tierney's backup for the second half of the season. He didn't need to play much, which is good. He still got 2 goals this season, but only an average rating of 6.99. Filled in when needed

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS:

Eduardo Camavinga - While he may be on PSG now, he was part of the squad until January, so let's talk about him. His stats with us were a strong 5 assists and an average rating of 7.18. He was great for us. Really, really great. I'll miss him.

Thomas Partey - Starting BWM. 3 Goals and 3 assists, an average rating of 7.07. He played all our tough matches, so that pushed his average down a bit. Wanted to leave for Barcelona in January, but I convinced him we would win the CL this year or he could leave. Well, we did it.

Lucas Torreira - A solid BWM. 3 assists and an average rating of 7.19. He was Partey's backup, but was still good. 

Lucio Pauwels - Bought as a Camavinga replacement. I had to retrain him for DM/Segundo Volante because he was only trained as MC/AMC when I bought him for 37.5M from Gent. He didn't perform that well this season, just 1 goal and 1 assist and an average rating of 6.83, but having to learn a new position and role is a good reason for that. I have high hopes for him moving forward(again, if I continue this save).

Frank Danielsen - Was Camavinga's backup but still got plenty of time as Segundo Volante is a demanding role and he could tire out, so I needed another player for the weaker opposition. 4 goals and 6 assists is really strong from him. Average rating of 6.97 is low, but again, demanding role.

WINGERS:

Nicolas Pepe - CL final star man, and also star man of the AMR spot in the squad. 21 goals and 8 assists (9/4 in the League), and an average rating of 7.31. He's so good. I wish he could show any quality like this in real life.

Musa Barrow - Still didn't hit the heights of his first season with us, but 15 goals and 8 assists(11/3 in the League) and an average rating of 7.03 is solid. Not a nailed-on starter anymore, but gets plenty of game time.

Bukayo Saka - Another good player who split time with Barrow. 11 goals and 9 assists(5/5 in the League), and an average rating of 7.03. He wasn't great in the League, but he made up for it with his performances in other competitions.

Reiss Nelson - The star of the FA Cup Run, but only a bit player in other competitions. 12 goals and 10 assists seems like a lot. Only 4 and 5 in the League. His FA Cup performances were unbelievable with an average rating of 8.02 there, but otherwise? Didn't average about 7. He's a backup. And that's fine.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS:

Yusuf Demir - What a youngster. Pulled a ton of strings in the AMC role. 11 goals and 12 assists(6/9 in the League). Average rating of 7.17. You love to see it. I love to play this kid.

Hakan Calhanoglu - Did...fine? 6 goals and 13 assists, but only 1/6 in the League. He was another player who thrived in the Cups this season. I'm likely looking to offload him this summer.

Fagner - And this guy is why. Just look at him. Triggered a release clause to get him in January for 19.5M. Only 2 goals and 6 assists, none even in the League. But I've been slowly bedding him into the team behind Demir. I expect with an offseason to build chemistry, he'll perform much better next season.

STRIKERS:

Brenner - Still leading the line well. 22 goals and 10 assists(14/4 in the League). Inconsistent in the League with an average rating of 6.95 there, but like everyone, was outstanding in the Cups and brought his average up to 7.05. Still the top scorer in the squad for the season.

Eddie Nketiah - Fell to third choice striker this season. only 8 goals and 3 assists(5/3 in the League). Average of 6.95 even with great FA Cup performances is not a good sign for his long-term future.

Melquisedet Florez - The player who took Eddie's spot as backup. 19 goals and 10 assists(6/1 in the League). He finally started to find his form at the end of the season, which is why he overtook Eddie as backup.

-----------------

So yeah, a strong squad. The goals were split very well between the attacking players, which meant some inconsistency was fine. Others picked up the slack if someone was off. Like I said, I'm waffling on the future of the save, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Well it's the 2nd January 2021 and in the last 2 months of 2020 saw 3 managers have their fate sealed. First to go was West Ham's David Moyes followed by Frank Lampard of Chelsea and Leicester City parted company with Brendan Rodgers.

The january transfer window has opened and we put offers in for Declan Rice and Dayot Upamecano which have been accepted and we offered Gianluigi Donnarumma a contract which he accepted. So we have Gianluigi joining us on the 1st July 2021. Rice and Upamecano have accepted their contracts as well and they will be joining us as soon as all the paperwork and registrations have been completed.

2 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Well it's the 2nd January 2021 and in the last 2 months of 2020 saw 3 managers have their fate sealed. First to go was West Ham's David Moyes followed by Frank Lampard of Chelsea and Leicester City parted company with Brendan Rodgers.

The january transfer window has opened and we put offers in for Declan Rice and Dayot Upamecano which have been accepted and we offered Gianluigi Donnarumma a contract which he accepted. So we have Gianluigi joining us on the 1st July 2021. Rice and Upamecano have accepted their contracts as well and they will be joining us as soon as all the paperwork and registrations have been completed.

Chelsea have appointed Massimilliano Allegri as manager and his first match, at home to Arsenal. We gave him 2 nice presents, one from Upamecano, one from Pepe. We actually won 3-0 with Mendy going for a cross, fell over backwards and dropped the ball into his own net, for the first goal.

West Ham appointed Luciano Spalletti. Leicester have put a caretaker manager in place with the nice name of Steve BEAGLEHOLE. I would definitely change my name LOL.

1 hour ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

Any cheap wonderkids to bring in like semi hidden ones? Heard that guy from rapid veinna is epic.

Yusuf Demir is very good. I had a save with Rapid Vienna and he done well for me. I would go for him quick though as I think Rapid Vienna want a massive amount for him.

I know you have probably heard of him before but Matias Arezo I usually sign for every club I manage. He is very cheap and very good. Djibril Traore and Yuriel Celi are very cheap and very good.

My personal recommendation would be M.Guindo from Anderlecht but I think they want quite a bit for him.

I hope this helps.

Second season in and I’m joint top with Chelsea and Liverpool in late november

doi g well top of my cl group and lautaro is starting to score goals

i also have valverde joining in January after I offered partey plus 30 million (transfer listed and Younger/better)

I think the next area to strengthen is my wide areas. Maybe I can bring in rashford? He looks like he could be a brilliant inside forward. 

has anyone signed mbappe? I wonder how much it would take? 

F8E49C4B-2A09-4370-AC87-F30D5FB45663.jpeg

I will Do this properly when back at PC, but for now, I've just hit Feb in 2022 and I've got to say, its been the most enjoyable Arsenal save I've probably ever had. I holidayed the first season as it seemed odd replacing Arteta straight away (Yeah, I know I ain't right) and won the Prem first season. Chelsea, United and Liverpool are all making it hard this year, but after 3 back to back defeats in December, I've now kept 8 clean sheets in a row and 9 out of 10. Back on track in 2nd and 4 point behind Erling Haaland FC (28 goals in 18 games for Liverpool)

Current Squad:

Leno

Wague      Tah   Gabriel    Tierney

Tonali    Kessie

Pepe            Fekir         Auba

Nunez

Needs a bit of work to blow through the sheer amout of fixtures we have but rotation players such as Koopmeiners, Ahmedhodzic, Saliba, Pellergrini, Partey, Koopmeiners, Golvin, Saka, Smith-Rowe and Brenner as well as 4 South American youngsters joining in June and a couple I have on loan I am keeping my eye on means there is a decent young spine to the team. Made a club record £108 in one season transfer sales, helped buy Mugging off West Ham for 29 million for a 32 year Old Lacazette. Madness.

Edited by KillYourIdols

17 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

I will Do this properly when back at PC, but for now, I've just hit Feb in 2022 and I've got to say, its been the most enjoyable Arsenal save I've probably ever had. I holidayed the first season as it seemed odd replacing Arteta straight away (Yeah, I know I ain't right)

did a similar thing, put us in a relegation scrap 6 points from safety, took over late jan, and so now the end of season update (yeah i survived sooner than expected)

END OF SEASON UPDATE 20/21

so, I survived relegation with 3 games to go, and ended up finishing 10th. we went on a great run of form, and I only ever lost once, to west brom away. Martinelli was in great form, auba, partey and pepe were also incredible, and we sealed safety by beating man united! 

cup competition

We got knocked out at the first round of everything, as I mainly wanted to focus on the relegation battle.

TRANSFERS

didn't make any as I took over too late to make them.

PLAYERS

I settled on a very good XI

Leno

Bellerin  Gabriel.   Saliba/Holding     Tierney

Elneny (as xhaka and partey dont work well together)

Ozil.                      Partey

Pepe                                                          Auba

Martinelli

Our top scorer was auba with 8 goals, 6 of which came after I joined, just showing how bad we were when I put us bottom.

Holding had the highest average rating, and bellerin with most assists.

I will now scrap this, and carry on with the continuation of my demo save, in which I am unbeaten. I will post an end-of season update for 2020/21 and then monthly updates after that

2022/2023 season review

We made very few transfers this season, instead deciding to focus on youth. We narrowly missed out on the league, with 3 losses and 3 draws in our final 10 games. Despite this, we managed to win the FA Cup and Champions League. Cristiano Ronaldo ended up being the glue that stuck it all together, as he was my top scorer in all competitions.

Transfers

TransfersIn2223.PNG.f9e25bb3eeb7ad1d9abaa0a69b635d47.PNG

TransfersOut22231.PNG.1aa872c1c283d781e70958a6b663c5a5.PNGTransfersOut22232.PNG.781112673cef852996781e8cebdece5f.PNG

Squad stats

Squad22231.thumb.PNG.c3388f0a0b168031f1aee2c2661e7671.PNG

Squad22232.thumb.PNG.a2769b6fb77c1b4b36bfe4d227048a94.PNG

Competitions

Competitions2223.thumb.PNG.239c2a37ede13042981020ae2b5a5634.PNG

Youth Players

Due to how much time and effort I'm putting into my younger players, I thought I'd give a little look at how each of my regens are looking each season.

Declan Larkin

DeclanLarkin2223.PNG.d87226779c57c521dac542226ef057a3.PNG

Carlton Rayner

CarltonRayner2223.PNG.fc1e73656e5fdc722751b8f5b6729cca.PNG

Logan Smith

LoganSmith2223.PNG.28666363361aaf4b97151432bd0dfc46.PNG

New people for next season are...

Levent Kaya

LeventKaya2223.PNG.cde0a81d003880ed46c4eb7be921b659.PNG

Tomas Lagerblom

TomasLagerblom2223.PNG.4f200714c6bd55c88d3c0a1c16a6b904.PNG

58 minutes ago, hasdgfas said:

Excellent performances so far! Done anything special tactically or squad-wise? This is with Rice + Upamecano in Jan, right?

Nothing special tactically, squad wise I got rid of Luiz, Oil, Mustafi and Sokratis. Yes in Jan I brought in Upamecano and Rice. I will put up my tactics later as I have them on my other laptop.

4231.jpg

433.jpg