[FM 21] Arsenal - Still Waiting For Arteta's Tiki Taka!

VP.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Same as me, but I'm going to try the dvd version when it comes tomorrow, but I dont expect it to solve the password problem

Yeah, not sure that will make a difference, but hope it works for you!

So after much tinkering and messing around and downloading other people's tactics - I had a proper sit down and created my own (in December of season 1 - far from ideal).

First game with the new 4231 was away to Southampton - by about 60 minutes I just had to laugh. The xG is quite close (couple of scrambled goals from corners for them) but look at the possession and everything else - literally everything went in for them...

20201213162917_1.thumb.jpg.a03dc58a009171bf4e373f77425622e3.jpg

2 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

Good afternoon mate, I've tried that but I'm unable to do so.

Weird. Is he still on the Unwanted List somehow? Sometimes I've had to remove a player from that as well as remove them from the transfer list to get rid of the "listed" status

1 minute ago, Harper said:

Real life Arsenal is the reason I keep playing FM.

I've been an Arsenal supporter since I was 8, on the 8th December I was 68 (going on 40 lol) so 60 yrs and this is the worst team I have ever seen and the thing that really hurts is we COULD get relegated and NO ONE at Arsenal gives a toss.

The Arsenal fans dream was Arsenal champions, Spurs relegated......this year it COULD be the other way round, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, lomekian said:

At least on FM we can sell the idiots continually letting us down. Imagine Arteta could get more than £100m for Xhaka, Mustafi, WIllian and Kolasinac like I did in my game!

If anyone wants to talk about realism and FM, this is the counter-argument!

10 hours ago, lomekian said:

At least on FM we can sell the idiots continually letting us down. Imagine Arteta could get more than £100m for Xhaka, Mustafi, WIllian and Kolasinac like I did in my game!

Hi @lomekian when did you sell Willian & how much did you get? He's been ok for me so far but little injuries are frustrating - Nelson has been very good for me - he's playing as I loaned Pepe to Man United. 

2 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

Hi @lomekian when did you sell Willian & how much did you get? He's been ok for me so far but little injuries are frustrating - Nelson has been very good for me - he's playing as I loaned Pepe to Man United. 

£35m from Utd in January. He'd been pretty good for me, but wasn't getting the game time and I wanted the money to use elsewhere

1 hour ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Are you guys still getting the 'cold shoulder' from players when you sell someone?

I did when I sold Xhaka but that soon went. I've decided to sell Mari in January '21 and that hasn't gone down too well with 3 players, but they're 3 players I'm not massively fussed about, so it's been alright. 

1 minute ago, WillyBroadband said:

I did when I sold Xhaka but that soon went. I've decided to sell Mari in January '21 and that hasn't gone down too well with 3 players, but they're 3 players I'm not massively fussed about, so it's been alright. 

Thanks mate, unless someone comes in with a nice bid for a player, I will give it say till 3-4 months before I look at selling anyone. What I don't want to do is come straight in and start selling players.

5 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Are you guys still getting the 'cold shoulder' from players when you sell someone?

Selling Lacazette and Willian upset Aubameyang, each time he was placated with the "play youth" promise.

Selling Özil upset Xhaka.

Just now, RossoneriGunner said:

Shame you can't sell the Kroenke's 🤣

The Kroenke's aren't accurately represented in the game! They'll sanction/negotiate deals if you ask (maybe not Mbappe level, but others)

21 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

I've been an Arsenal supporter since I was 8, on the 8th December I was 68 (going on 40 lol) so 60 yrs and this is the worst team I have ever seen and the thing that really hurts is we COULD get relegated and NO ONE at Arsenal gives a toss.

The Arsenal fans dream was Arsenal champions, Spurs relegated......this year it COULD be the other way round, but I doubt it.

I feel your pain. Arsenal are my favourite of the 'big clubs' ever since they nicked the league title from Liverpool in 1989 (the best of the season finishes of all time for me, even though it was tinged with sadness given all that was going on with Liverpool at the time). I cheered them on heartily in their two cup wins over Wednesday in 1993, and thrilled to the Wenger revolution for the decade after he started. I remember them becoming less relevant and heading towards mid-table in the mid-1990s, towards the end of the George Graham era, but I agree with you that this seems worse. I quite like Arteta and at the end of 2019/20 thought he was getting the right idea, but it all seems to be crashing around him right now.

im an arsenal fan, since 87, and this is the worst team ive seen. im doing my first fm 21 save with them. im actually in january forst season, not doing bad,in 4th, so thats thats a start! but after last night, and with xhaka not actually first choice in my team, boom, i put him i the transfer list! complete idiot he is! cant sell him though.....

3 hours ago, oze07 said:

im an arsenal fan, since 87, and this is the worst team ive seen. im doing my first fm 21 save with them. im actually in january forst season, not doing bad,in 4th, so thats thats a start! but after last night, and with xhaka not actually first choice in my team, boom, i put him i the transfer list! complete idiot he is! cant sell him though.....

Problem is, you have to give him games to drum up interest. I used him against weak opposition (cups/europa/home games against bottom teams) and so he looked good, and got a healthy fee as a result.

Same problem IRL - Arsenal have clung on to players not of the required standard until their value craters and we can't sell them. Has plagued the club for a decade.

Got to late March...season going brilliantly, but got to the stage of wondering if should drop Pepe as his early excellent from seemed to have deserted him. Decided to give him one more start at home vs West Brom to see if he could get himself going. He scored 5 and got an assist. Next game vs Burnley at home he scored 4. From not on the top scorers list to top scorer in the EPL in 2 games. Never seen that before

14 minutes ago, Swills417 said:

Quick tip for those starting an Arsenal save. Ask the board to renegotiate the affiliation with Colorado. Currently it's not set up as a commercial relationship and is an easy way to get that commercial link without wasting an affiliated club request. 

Nice one, I'll go that a go, cheers. 

29 minutes ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Just want to ask, what is special about Colorado?

We're affiliated with them (Colorado Rapids) and have a football/soccer school out there I believe.

They are also owned by Stan Kroenke.

2 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

We're affiliated with them (Colorado Rapids) and have a football/soccer school out there I believe.

They are also owned by Stan Kroenke.

Yeah I remember AFTV going to the States. It's just I thought there might be something else other than what you said in your post.

2 minutes ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Yeah I remember AFTV going to the States. It's just I thought there might be something else other than what you said in your post.

Don't think there's anything special about them, used to watch MLS and they were generally rubbish :D

2021 Summer Transfer Window Update

First Team Squad

Green: New Signing

Blue: Loaned out

image.png.1101a07f83ddb151fa2951f76ba98c15.png

Incomings

Dominik Szoboszlai (20) from RB Salzburg for £32,000,000 rising to £40,000,000

Spoiler

Brought in as a part of the midfield rebuild. I intend to play him as an advanced playmaker or attack-minded mezzala. Fills the roster spot vacated by Dani Ceballos, who I opted not to pursue as a permanent signing.

Performance Clauses

£500,000 after 10 league appearances

£500,000 after 20 league appearances

£1,000,000 after 30 league appearances

£1,000,000 after 40 league appearances

£2,500,000 after 50 league appearances

£2,500,000 if Arsenal win Premier League and Szoboszlai makes at least five appearances

Installments

June 2022: £7,000,000

June 2023: £7,000,000

June 2024: £7,000,000

Sell On Fees

5% Next Fee: Player

Lloyd Kelly (22) from AFC Bournemouth for £22,5000,000

Spoiler

A left-footed English center back to replace Pablo Marí as the back-up. The fee is a bit on the higher side and I'm not quite sure what I was thinking in agreeing to it without any of it being tie to performance clauses. Add's an English homegrown player to the roster, which will help with Champions League registration.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

June 2022: £6,250,000

June 2023: £6,250,000

Sell On Fees

None

Marcus Thuram (24) from Borussia Monchengladbach for £40,000,000

Spoiler

After looking at several options to be the heir-apparent to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, I settled on 6'4" Marcus Thuram. With his size, speed, and skill, I'm going to focus on training him as an advanced forward, but as he is a natural left attacking midfielder, I will be interested to see if instructing him to swap positions with Martinelli in an AML position will help confusing defenders. Thuram's arrival made Eddie Nketiah redundant.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

June 2022: £10,000,000

June 2023: £10,000,000

June 2024: £10,000,000

Jack Grealish (25) from Aston Villa for £45,000,000

Spoiler

I'm a bit overloaded on the left flank and intend to use Grealish as an attacking midfielder or advanced playmaker in the midfield. I began putting speculative bids in for Grealish as Villa were in the relegation zone for much of the season and they ended up agreeing to a deal that was £5,000,000 less than his relegation release clause. I've created a bit of a problem here, since Joe Willock and Emile Smith Rowe both played well in playmaking roles in the midfield for me. Taking over Xhaka's spot on the roster.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

Sell On Fees

10% Next Fee: Club

Gaetano Castrovilli (24) from ACF Fiorentina for £20,000,000

Spoiler

Castrovilli is brought in as an upgrade on Mohamed Elneny. My coaches rate him as an attack-minded mezzala, but I intend to use him as a box to box midfielder.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

June 2022: £4,330,000

June 2023: £4,330,000

June 2024: £4,330,000

Sell On Fees

Robbie Burton (21) from GNK Dinamo Zagreb for £300,000

Spoiler

Robbie returns to Arsenal after two years in Croatia. Looks to slot in behind Thomas Partey and Calum Chambers as a defensive midfielder. More a speculative flyer to bring a Hale End lad back to the club.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

None

Joelson Fernandes (18) from Sporting Club de Portugal for £3,000,000 rising to £5,500,000

Spoiler

Joelson will slot in as a prospect on the left flank. He'll be starting playing U23 football with first team appearances in domestic cup matches.

Performance Clauses

£500,000 after 30 league appearances

£500,000 after 40 league appearances

£500,000 after 50 league appearances

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

10% Profit on Next Fee: Club

Yusuf Yazıcı (24) from LOSC Lille for £4,500,000

Spoiler

I attempted to bring Yazici in as a cheap advanced playmaker in January, but limits to Europa League registration swaps made me pause on the deal. His scout report was positive, and the deal was cheap, so I pushed the transfer to this window.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

June 2022: £4,500,000

Sell On Fees

None

André Onana (25) from Ajax for £22,000,000

Spoiler

A bit of a surprise transfer. He popped up in my scouting report as being transfer listed. I jumped at the opportunity. Bernd Leno was in the previous campaign, having set new marks for clean sheets in a single season (30). Onana is better in the air, better with the ball, and mentally stronger. He'll be away at the African Cup of Nations in January, so Leno will be staying for this season unless a big bid comes in.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

Renyer (18) from Santos for £925,000

Spoiler

Renyer was brought in as a developmental player for the right flank. An agreement for his transfer was to find a developmental loan for him, and hell be spending the season with Preston North End (promoted to the Premier League after win the promotion playoffs).

Performance Clauses

£300,000 after one international appearance

£30,000 per appearance for 40 appearances (£1,200,000 total)

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

15% Profit on Next Fee: Club

U23 Signings by Per Mertesacker

Spoiler

Keyendrah Simmonds from Man City on a free

U23 filler signed by Per Mertesacker

Riccardo Tonin from Milan on a free

Breno (20) from Goiás for £275,000

Performance Clauses

£65,000,000 after 20 league appearances

Installments

January 2022: £40,500

July 2022: £40,500

Sell On Fees

None

Outgoings

Mohamed Elneny (29) to Chelsea for £32,5000,000

Spoiler

The Egyptian put in a lot of good performances as a ball winning midfielder and box to box midfielder. Great depth player, but was always going to moving on to make way for squad improvements.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

None

Granit Xhaka (28) to Norwich for £33,000,000 rising to £41,000,000

Spoiler

Another player with numbered days from the day I took over. Played well, but had no trust in the moves made by the club. Expected to sell him abroad, but Norwich came in with a huge bid that certainly offsets a lot of the spending.

Performance Clauses

£800,000 per appearance for 10 appearance (£8,000,000 total)

Installments

June 2022: £68,500

June 2023: £68,500

June 2024: £68,500

Sell On Fees

None

Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson (26) to Mainz for £2,800,000

Spoiler

He was already on the transfer list and Onana's arrival spelled the end of Rúnarsson's time at the club.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

None

Willian (32) to Real Madrid for £28,000,000

Spoiler

Willian was always on the way out. Played very well for the club, winning Europa League Player of the Season and named in both the Europa League Squad of the Season and the PFA Premier League Team of the Year. He also placed third in the Europa League Golden Boot race.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

None

Nikolaj Möllar (19) to Millwall for £77,000 rising to £175,000

Spoiler

Allowed to move on as the we saw no future for him at the club. A sell on fee will insure the club sees profit if he does come good.

Performance Clauses

£30,000 after 20 appearances

£4,000 per appearance for 10 appearances (£40,000 total)

£30,000 after 20 league goals

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

50% Next Fee: Club

Dejan Iliev (26) to Hibernian for £41,000

Spoiler

The goalkeeper had no future at the club.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

None

Lucas Torreira (25) to A.S. Monaco for £19,500,000

Spoiler

Had a torrid year at Atlético Madrid and with no intention of using him, I offered him out. Monaco got a discount rate and I'll be hoping he performs well and I make more on the sell on fee.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

Matteo Guendouzi (22)  to A.S. Monaco for £11,750,000

Spoiler

Similar to Torreira, his loan with Hertha Berlin did nothing to help his case. He was in line for an Arsenal return, but after refusing to extend his deal and entering the final year of his contract he was offered out. Monaco again got a cut price deal and again, I'll be hoping for a big return on the sell on fee.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

Cédric Soares (29) to Wolverhamption Wolves for £12,500,000 rising to £15,500,000

Spoiler

The right-back was easily overtaken by Ainsley Maitland-Niles at right back. Greg Taylor's arrival and performances after the January 2021 window dwindled his opportunities to get time at left back. He joins the Portuguese enclave in the West Midlands.

Performance Clauses

£3,000,000 after 50 league appearances

Installments

June 2022: £2,500,000

June 2023: £2,500,000

June 2024: £2,500,000

Sell On Fees

None

Eddie Nketiah (22) to RB Salzburg for £26,000,000 rising to £32,000,000

Spoiler

The young striker was pushed down the pecking order with Marcus Thuram's arrival and Gabriel Martinelli's return from injury. His lack of positional versatility saw his opportunities dwindle as the year progressed.

Performance Clauses

£6,250,000 after 20 league appearances

Installments

July 2022: £1,680,000

July 2023: £1,680,000

Sell On Fees

None

Loans

Spoiler

Several players have been loaned out, most notably a permanent deal was not found for Pablo Marí as he goes to Sheffield United. Sheffield has an optional clause to buy for £30,500,000 and will pay 50% of his wages.

The club is making use of an agreement with Real Sporting in the second tier of the Spanish pyramid, with Matt Smith, Ben Cottrel, Tyreece John-Jules, Folarin Balugon, and Konstantinos Mavropanos joining the club as they push for promotion to La Liga.

Miguel Azeez joins Stevenage in League Two, where the club hopes first team football accelerates the young midfielders development.

Edited by Harper

28 minutes ago, Swills417 said:

@Harper love that Thuram signing. I've always wanted to build a front three of  Weah, Kluivert and Thuram. 

Any surprises with the young players development?

I'm thinking once I restart after the final patch, I'm going to push for an "offspring" front four with Thuram, Weah, Kluivert, and Reyna.

Smith Rowe and Willock both showed some ability as playmakers from the central midfield. I think I'm going to definitely start them against lower half Premier League teams, and possibly more depending on my Champions League group draw.

Nelson really replaced Willian late in my season, but also operated well as an Inverted Winger/Inside Forward on the left.

Haven't had too much of a look at Saliba, but will keep him with the squad this year.

Edited by Harper

@Harper Some great transfer business there, dude - Thuram has been on my radar too, I follow the Bundesliga IRL & he looks very good. His team mate Alassane Pléa looks decent, too. 

Castrovilli has also been on my radar.

I'm resigning Ramsey in Jan 2021 for £16M and on £90K a week which I got right down from what he was asking for initially 

2 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Well guy's, my new MacBook Pro has just arrived. So important things first, make a cup of tea. Then going to unbox it and get it set up then when thats done, guess what's next......yep you're right download Steam and then FM21 👍🏻

YO! all loaded up, started game, saved game, left game and reloaded game and it loaded with no problem. So let's go win some trophies......I hope

3 hours ago, Harper said:

That's a mighty new team there and some great signings. Castrovilli is someone who came to my attention in FM20 (along with some other young Italian gems - Esposito, Pellegrini (Luca and Lorenzo)) so I will be interested in seeing how he gets on here. I can't argue with your sales either. In my game Pepe is reaching boss level so there seems little point in keeping Willian around.

2021 Preseason

Friendly (A): Arsenal 8 - 1 Morecambe (England: National League)

Spoiler

The starting eleven put their scoring boots on and put four first half goals past the National League side. Bukayo Saka (16'), Dominik Szoboszlai ('19), and Nicolas Pépé (33', 36') finding the net. Liam Gibson also conceded an added time own goal to give us a 5-0 lead at half.

The outfield squad was substituted at half-time. After conceding to Cole Stockton (49'), the rotated squad add ed an additional three goals through Gabriel Martinelli (61', 85') and Gaetano Castrovilli (89').

848797345_ScreenShot2020-12-15at10_32_44AM.thumb.png.fa60f47b8ceb994bf514f51902460b9b.png1951038395_ScreenShot2020-12-15at10_34_22AM.thumb.png.e76b60d3bbd2981257edbfbcc9008f6c.png1177113129_ScreenShot2020-12-15at10_34_39AM.thumb.png.f04f4148506d6b5058c2d05e4387e3a9.png

1493814729_ScreenShot2020-12-15at1_33_50PM.thumb.png.8ea64750ec8e830ae03581c6c3a4de40.png

Friendly (A): Arsenal 3 - 0 União Desportiva Oliveirense (Portugal: Portugeuse Third Division)

Spoiler

We kept mostly the same starting lineup, hoping to bed in the new players. Marcus Thuram, William Saliba, Gabriel Magalhães, and Gabriel Martinelli are with their respective U23 national squads for the Olympics. Key changes to the starting lineup are Lloyd Kelly in for Gabriel and Reiss Nelson in for Pépé. At the back, there is no functional change. Nelson in for Pépé alters the right side, as Nelson won't cut in as frequently.

An early brace for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14', 18') and the third from Jack Grealish (60'). The starters played nearly 60' minutes before the squad rotated.

1502954155_ScreenShot2020-12-15at1_36_20PM.thumb.png.bf23594d4e011adeb3ce5250e158fb03.png98855392_ScreenShot2020-12-15at1_36_57PM.thumb.png.3b3452b4a0226e5f93c876e29d419e11.png394064873_ScreenShot2020-12-15at1_36_39PM.thumb.png.e7f249c97b3745baf414eefd7df54fef.png1516662887_ScreenShot2020-12-15at1_35_57PM.thumb.png.ce45a7c649e86980c16e64a39fa66bd5.png

Friendly (A): Arsenal 3 - 0 Niort (France: Ligue 2)

Spoiler

No changes to the starting eleven from the friendly in Portugal.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (45'+2) and Reiss Nelson (12', 54') provided the goals. Aubameyang (1') and Smith Rowe (84') had additional strikes called back after being judged offside. The starting eleven played 61 minutes before the squad was rotated.

219211452_ScreenShot2020-12-15at2_54_31PM.thumb.png.ddaf406e02d663193d800c9b7c2dea1d.png

689917433_ScreenShot2020-12-15at2_56_59PM.thumb.png.2dd0250531a1dd779112fdd823bdfc05.png

1727323153_ScreenShot2020-12-15at2_55_00PM.thumb.png.e9ae65ab133c46c500ef9e1f5efaf96f.png

926482724_ScreenShot2020-12-15at2_56_33PM.thumb.png.8da91ca7bc7f900e377b0bc59263433f.png

Friendly (H): Arsenal 2 - 1 Lazio (Italy: Serie A)

Spoiler

Trotted out the same starting eleven for the Emirates crowd. Lazio was down a man after Danilo Cataldi was shown red in the 16' minute. Aubameyang put us ahead with a well taken penalty (18'), but Ciro Immobile (19') equalized immediately. Joe Willock was off with injury (21') and replaced with Grealish. Bellerín (32') put us ahead. Lazio's last real chance came before the break.

The squad was rotated after 59 minutes, and the lads kept the Italians at bay in a drab second half.

After the match, we found out Willock would be out three to six weeks with a sprained knee ligaments.

1496190351_ScreenShot2020-12-15at3_11_04PM.thumb.png.9bd49f2e28e609f7ff612d3b420f1c34.png

906060645_ScreenShot2020-12-15at3_11_22PM.thumb.png.c403df7fe84fbcc1ac2bd9d3ed7e49c4.png

1113869718_ScreenShot2020-12-15at3_11_38PM.thumb.png.8509d75c81d9910ac6b56563eb46c850.png

996592725_ScreenShot2020-12-15at3_12_07PM.thumb.png.3fe64771b9f65cd67f7c914470c3e5d8.png

The season begins with three consecutive matches against Manchester City in the Community Shield, Premier League, and the UEFA Super Cup.

Edited by Harper

9 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

@Harper Some great transfer business there, dude - Thuram has been on my radar too, I follow the Bundesliga IRL & he looks very good. His team mate Alassane Pléa looks decent, too. 

Castrovilli has also been on my radar.

I'm resigning Ramsey in Jan 2021 for £16M and on £90K a week which I got right down from what he was asking for initially 

Did that on mine and he's been very good.

11 hours ago, Harper said:

2021 Summer Transfer Window Update

First Team Squad

Green: New Signing

Blue: Loaned out

Incomings

Dominik Szoboszlai (20) from RB Salzburg for £32,000,000 rising to £40,000,000

Reveal hidden contents

Brought in as a part of the midfield rebuild. I intend to play him as an advanced playmaker or attack-minded mezzala. Fills the roster spot vacated by Dani Ceballos, who I opted not to pursue as a permanent signing.

Performance Clauses

£1,000,000 after 30 league appearances

£1,000,000 after 40 league appearances

£2,500,000 after 50 league appearances

£2,500,000 if Arsenal win Premier League and Szoboszlai makes at least five appearances

Installments

June 2022: £7,000,000

June 2023: £7,000,000

June 2024: £7,000,000

Sell On Fees

Lloyd Kelly (22) from AFC Bournemouth for £22,5000,000

Reveal hidden contents

A left-footed English center back to replace Pablo Marí as the back-up. The fee is a bit on the higher side and I'm not quite sure what I was thinking in agreeing to it without any of it being tie to performance clauses. Add's an English homegrown player to the roster, which will help with Champions League registration.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

June 2022: £6,250,000

June 2023: £6,250,000

Sell On Fees

None

Marcus Thuram (24) from Borussia Monchengladbach for £40,000,000

Reveal hidden contents

After looking at several options to be the heir-apparent to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, I settled on 6'4" Marcus Thuram. With his size, speed, and skill, I'm going to focus on training him as an advanced forward, but as he is a natural left attacking midfielder, I will be interested to see if instructing him to swap positions with Martinelli in an AML position will help confusing defenders. Thuram's arrival made Eddie Nketiah redundant.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

Jack Grealish (25) from Aston Villa for £45,000,000

Reveal hidden contents

I'm a bit overloaded on the left flank and intend to use Grealish as an attacking midfielder or advanced playmaker in the midfield. I began putting speculative bids in for Grealish as Villa were in the relegation zone for much of the season and they ended up agreeing to a deal that was £5,000,000 less than his relegation release clause. I've created a bit of a problem here, since Joe Willock and Emile Smith Rowe both played well in playmaking roles in the midfield for me. Taking over Xhaka's spot on the roster.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

Sell On Fees

10% Next Fee: Club

Gaetano Castrovilli (24) from ACF Fiorentina for £20,000,000

Reveal hidden contents

Castrovilli is brought in as an upgrade on Mohamed Elneny. My coaches rate him as an attack-minded mezzala, but I intend to use him as a box to box midfielder.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

June 2022: £4,330,000

June 2023: £4,330,000

June 2024: £4,330,000

Sell On Fees

Robbie Burton (21) from GNK Dinamo Zagreb for £300,000

Reveal hidden contents

Robbie returns to Arsenal after two years in Croatia. Looks to slot in behind Thomas Partey and Calum Chambers as a defensive midfielder. More a speculative flyer to bring a Hale End lad back to the club.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

None

Joelson Fernandes (18) from Sporting Club de Portugal for £3,000,000 rising to £5,500,000

Reveal hidden contents

Joelson will slot in as a prospect on the left flank. He'll be starting playing U23 football with first team appearances in domestic cup matches.

Performance Clauses

£500,000 after 30 league appearances

£500,000 after 40 league appearances

£500,000 after 50 league appearances

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

10% Profit on Next Fee: Club

Yusuf Yazıcı (24) from LOSC Lille for £4,500,000

Reveal hidden contents

I attempted to bring Yazici in as a cheap advanced playmaker in January, but limits to Europa League registration swaps made me pause on the deal. His scout report was positive, and the deal was cheap, so I pushed the transfer to this window.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

June 2022: £4,500,000

Sell On Fees

None

André Onana (25) from Ajax for £22,000,000

Reveal hidden contents

A bit of a surprise transfer. He popped up in my scouting report as being transfer listed. I jumped at the opportunity. Bernd Leno was in the previous campaign, having set new marks for clean sheets in a single season (30). Onana is better in the air, better with the ball, and mentally stronger. He'll be away at the African Cup of Nations in January, so Leno will be staying for this season unless a big bid comes in.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

Renyer (18) from Santos for £925,000

Reveal hidden contents

Renyer was brought in as a developmental player for the right flank. An agreement for his transfer was to find a developmental loan for him, and hell be spending the season with Preston North End (promoted to the Premier League after win the promotion playoffs).

Performance Clauses

£300,000 after one international appearance

£30,000 per appearance for 40 appearances (£1,200,000 total)

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

15% Profit on Next Fee: Club

U23 Signings by Per Mertesacker

Reveal hidden contents

Keyendrah Simmonds from Man City on a free

Riccardo Tonin from Milan on a free

Breno (20) from Goiás for £275,000

Performance Clauses

£65,000,000 after 20 league appearances

Installments

January 2022: £40,500

July 2022: £40,500

Sell On Fees

None

Outgoings

Mohamed Elneny (29) to Chelsea for £32,5000,000

Reveal hidden contents

The Egyptian put in a lot of good performances as a ball winning midfielder and box to box midfielder. Great depth player, but was always going to moving on to make way for squad improvements.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

None

Granit Xhaka (28) to Norwich for £33,000,000 rising to £41,000,000

Reveal hidden contents

Another player with numbered days from the day I took over. Played well, but had no trust in the moves made by the club. Expected to sell him abroad, but Norwich came in with a huge bid that certainly offsets a lot of the spending.

Performance Clauses

£800,000 per appearance for 10 appearance (£8,000,000 total)

Installments

June 2022: £68,500

June 2023: £68,500

June 2024: £68,500

Sell On Fees

None

Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson (26) to Mainz for £2,800,000

Reveal hidden contents

He was already on the transfer list and Onana's arrival spelled the end of Rúnarsson's time at the club.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

None

Willian (32) to Real Madrid for £28,000,000

Reveal hidden contents

Willian was always on the way out. Played very well for the club, winning Europa League Player of the Season and named in both the Europa League Squad of the Season and the PFA Premier League Team of the Year. He also placed third in the Europa League Golden Boot race.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

None

Nikolaj Möllar (19) to Millwall for £77,000 rising to £175,000

Reveal hidden contents

Allowed to move on as the we saw no future for him at the club. A sell on fee will insure the club sees profit if he does come good.

Performance Clauses

£30,000 after 20 appearances

£4,000 per appearance for 10 appearances (£40,000 total)

£30,000 after 20 league goals

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

Dejan Iliev (26) to Hibernian for £41,000

Reveal hidden contents

The goalkeeper had no future at the club.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

None

Lucas Torreira (25) to A.S. Monaco for £19,500,000

Reveal hidden contents

Had a torrid year at Atlético Madrid and with no intention of using him, I offered him out. Monaco got a discount rate and I'll be hoping he performs well and I make more on the sell on fee.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

Matteo Guendouzi (22)  to A.S. Monaco for £11,750,000

Reveal hidden contents

Similar to Torreira, his loan with Hertha Berlin did nothing to help his case. He was in line for an Arsenal return, but after refusing to extend his deal and entering the final year of his contract he was offered out. Monaco again got a cut price deal and again, I'll be hoping for a big return on the sell on fee.

Performance Clauses

None

Installments

None

Sell On Fees

Cédric Soares (29) to Wolverhamption Wolves for £12,500,000 rising to £15,500,000

Reveal hidden contents

The right-back was easily overtaken by Ainsley Maitland-Niles at right back. Greg Taylor's arrival and performances after the January 2021 window dwindled his opportunities to get time at left back. He joins the Portuguese enclave in the West Midlands.

Performance Clauses

£3,000,000 after 50 league appearances

Installments

June 2022: £2,500,000

June 2023: £2,500,000

June 2024: £2,500,000

Sell On Fees

None

Eddie Nketiah (22) to RB Salzburg for £26,000,000 rising to £32,000,000

Reveal hidden contents

The young striker was pushed down the pecking order with Marcus Thuram's arrival and Gabriel Martinelli's return from injury. His lack of positional versatility saw his opportunities dwindle as the year progressed.

Performance Clauses

£6,250,000 after 20 league appearances

Installments

July 2022: £1,680,000

July 2023: £1,680,000

Sell On Fees

None

Loans

Reveal hidden contents

Several players have been loaned out, most notably a permanent deal was not found for Pablo Marí as he goes to Sheffield United. Sheffield has an optional clause to buy for £30,500,000 and will pay 50% of his wages.

The club is making use of an agreement with Real Sporting in the second tier of the Spanish pyramid, with Matt Smith, Ben Cottrel, Tyreece John-Jules, Folarin Balugon, and Konstantinos Mavropanos joining the club as they push for promotion to La Liga.

Miguel Azeez joins Stevenage in League Two, where the club hopes first team football accelerates the young midfielders development.

Absolutely loving your transfer business there - the main reason I am trying to push through my first season is to get into the summer so I can do my own clear out.

Shame on selling Nketiah but Thuram looks immense (just started scouting him myself!)

28 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Absolutely loving your transfer business there - the main reason I am trying to push through my first season is to get into the summer so I can do my own clear out.

Shame on selling Nketiah but Thuram looks immense (just started scouting him myself!)

I have this habit of skipping through the first season. This save, I started with the 7 December start date from Brazil, and took over as if Arteta got sacked mid season. I usually do the late April Sweden date and holiday until the end of Arsenal’s season and take over after that.

In this case, I picked up with Arsenal in 6th place in the league, with a 4-4-3 record (loses to Liverpool, Burnley, and Newcastle). We were also top of the group with a 3-1-1 record, wins home to PSV, home and away to Sivasspor, a draw to Grenada, and a loss away to PSV.

Edited by Harper

Well, Martinelli gave it his all at the Olympics.

Four goals for Brazil a 5-4 defeat to France in the quarterfinals with Saliba and Thuram progressing while the Gabi Gooners will be home in time for the Premier League opener.

Saliba scored the fourth goal for France, while recently departed Guendouzi scored the winner for France in the 91st minute.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0a817ec598b8adf24fa65156d52d04de.png