#DanskeDanske, we're falling apart to half-time: The FMCU Group Save!

Deisler26

2 hours ago, Benjoe said:

I'm happy! And also sad!

Incredible work @smp20!

2 hours ago, Watson156 said:

Congrats @smp20that's an amazing achievement. I think it makes it better because it's against Brondby! 

Good work @Jimbokav1971on getting Brondby promoted. Really looking forward to see how you get on with the big challenges of winning everything left!

2 hours ago, Peter G said:

@smp20 Do you go into the Europa League next season?

2 hours ago, Winski said:

Well done @smp20, great achievement!! :applause:

Thanks guys! We will indeed be playing Europa League next season joining in the 3rd qualifying round :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

spacer.png

A.B Mid Season Update | Season 2 21/22

So after an initial panic before the season starts things are going really well here. After last season had finished I was desperately trying to extend the loans of all of my players especially from parent club Nordsjaelland but the players simply wouldn't accept an extension, even if I promised them they would be a star player. However, after they returned to their clubs I tried to loan them again and thankfully they all agreed to rejoin! The slightly disappointing thing is that despite having a lot of wage budget to spend I can't seem to offer the players I want to keep what is required to get them to stay, in addition to this if I wanted to sign a youngster as a rotation piece at best, he wants the same money as what a star player wants. Oh well, I guess i'll just stick to loans!

Around November I did decide to sign a player for pretty big wages. We bought Teddy Bartouche in on loan from Nordsjaelland for nothing and it was remarkable just how much better he made our team. Knowing that his loan was only going to be until December I decided that I didn't want to risk not having him so we have agreed to pay him £750 p/w (I think!) with an additional year extension clause in his contract. The other most pleasing bit of business that we did was from last year when we extended Peter Clement to a new deal. While he is still only on a part time deal he currently wants an increase to £800 p/w to turn full time. Thankfully we can still extend his contract for another year at his current wage, and the way he has been playing this year then that is a good thing, because I can't imagine it will be too long before other teams want to take him off our hands.

spacer.png

As I said things are going really well and in our first season back in the Nordic League we are sitting top of the table clear by 2 points over relegated Lyngby. We have only lost 1 game and that was one that we should never have lost. Thankfully since then we have gone on a great run and have won 10 straight. The great thing about this run is that we have scored late goals when we needed them and have continued winning while suffering some injuries in key positions. Since we have already qualified for the promotion play-off at the end of the season we can now look forward to the rest of the season and prioritize the cup competition.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Speaking of the cup, we have just had our best ever result under my management beating Superliga team FC Kobenhavn on penalties in the 3rd round. In front of the TV cameras (another helpful £6k) and a big crowd we fought back twice from behind including scoring another last minute goal and thankfully we were able to come out on top in the penalty shootout. In the fourth round we will play non league FA 2000. 

spacer.png

Impressive work and congrats on slaying Kobenhavn!

23 minutes ago, smp20 said:

f1c41554e06c5bed4df08016e4d5254e.png

I wasn't expecting us to go pro as a week before the board rejected it and now all my players have been sorted with part-time contracts...

Wonder if that's down to European football? I think HIK stayed Semi-Pro in 1. Division.

Just now, andychar said:

Wonder if that's down to European football? I think HIK stayed Semi-Pro in 1. Division.

Yeah it could be. All of my players were happy to re-sign under pro contracts except from the 2 new signings who joined the day after we went pro. We may be pro, but we're on a semi-pro budget of £8.5k per week.

47 minutes ago, smp20 said:

51bc5844b03696762f34bd4276212469.png

I applied for it without knowing if I'd actually take it on at this stage. However, the decision was made for me. 

I was the same but I think because of the nature of the save we sort of have to apply even if we're unsure. You can always leave afterwards and go back and finish whatever you started elsewhere. It's amazing how poorly they are doing in so many saves. 

4e2542b18df01f4f7378b5cbdc99fe9e.png

98272a27f87e8618346eb4e2e5081d4d.png

We get through on away goals after playing well in both legs. We now face Anorthosis of Cyprus for a place in the Europa League with at least a consolation prize of the Europa Conference League.

Welcome to the 3F Superliga. Season 6. Brondby IF.

This is how the Top tier finished last season. 

d8179852cbdd158c75e6c623c5462be2.png

The top 4 teams auto-qualify for Europe and the 5th & 6th placed teams playoff for a 5th spot. 

6abb9e5b018e184034603b3743b23a7b.png

Denmark are ranked 15th in the coefficient rankings at the moment. You don't get a 6th place until you reach position 6, so that will take a while. 

5e31327adb93a06d290ea3b8c714f082.png

My thinking at this early stage is that we should be capable of finishing in the top half of the league and that would please at the very least being involved in a playoff for European competition. None of this just try and survive malarkey. I will have the hump if we don't qualify for Europe next season via the league. That's possibly a little unrealistic but I don't really care. 

We haven't got any money, but we do have approx £750k to spend on players and a wage budget approx. twice as much as we're currently spending, (so no issues there). We should be able to look for bargains and I will try to sign players on a free with a view to then playing them and selling them on. 

Because we don't have much cash to spend, I have to accept that I will be signing "flawed" players. I don't have the money to buy the finished article so we will either be signing youngsters who haven't fully developed yet, (this is what the club wants),  but I'm also keen to sign "rough diamonds" that can do a job for us and who I can maybe sell-on after a season or so. I plan on "gaming" the transfer market if I can, but to do this I do really go all in and players who I buy will have to play in order to appreciate financially. Many of you will be used to me not signing players and just using Academy products, but this save is a little different. It will be very much led by DoF football signings, but I'm easing myself into the recruitment meetings and I think how this will work is that the DoF will still do the bulk of the signings, but he will maybe give me 5 -6 options 1st and I will tell him which 1 I want him to pursue. That's the plan anyway. Of course I will still be investing heavily in our own Academy, but while I considered going Youth Only after we got promoted to the top tier, I don't think it's in keeping with this save. I'm also not restricting myself to signing Danes only or even Scandinavian only. I will literally sign anyone who I think can make us better or who I can turn a profit on. 

Looking forward, (always the plan), I also want to see which players are out there who have previously come through our Academy. I plan on playing in Europe next season and with that in mind it might be sensible to bring players back who were HG at club. There are certainly HG at club players out there who are good enough to play for us. It just remains to be seen if I can persuade any of them to sign for us. 

26f45341dae93e35407f3d557c8a2e59.png

I'm not going to show you all signings, but this is a significant transfer window as we prepare for our 1st season back in the top flight, so it's worth spending some time on it. 

Madsen * immediately becomes the best player at the club. What a free signing! I don't know what formation Midtjylland use and maybe he just doesn't fit in, but bloomin hell they must have some midfield if this guy can't get a game. He's already worth almost £1M. I notice that the DoF has only signed him on a 1 year deal. I will renegotiate that and then probably look to sell him 12 months from now.

315b632167c13412abbc1f8e2095c801.png

5cb662b608095159efc016c0ef9e42d3.png

Hansen * is a youngster that I really like the look of. There were a few that I might have preferred over him, but this bloke was available on a free and that was that. At the moment he's probably going to start in our strongest team, but that might change between now and the 1st game of the season. Interestingly he's only been signed on a 6 month contract until Christmas. What on Earth is the DoF doing? I need to sort that. 

626cac484382448b7e388d5a1bd13474.png

ed0e8c382cae6970aeae4f695b13f3ac.png

Season preview. 

c1ed076822734a3c35622fcf3c536804.png

We battered SønderjyskE last season and if both Vejle & Randers are expected to finish below us in the table at the outset then we shouldn't have too much trouble seeing them off. That means 3 more teams to finish ahead of so that we play in the Champions Group rather than the Relegation Stage. That's what this season is about. Finishing top half and hope that that's good enough to qualify us for Europe. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Clauses. Season 6. Brondby IF

I've inherited a fair few clauses. 

94359b48efc797cde31a59b4691c43ad.png

There is only 1 clause available to sell though. 

fa120b38ddb18aba9c6c4fc6d712abba.png

£276k isn't that much, but we are actually overdrawn at the bank so anything is a bonus. 

It looks like we have either 20% or 30% profit on all the deals with the exception of Rezan Çorlu where we have 50% profit. He was sold to SPAL for £80k and is currently worth £2.6M. If he is sold for something close to his value then we will earn just over £1.25M That's a lot of money at this stage of the save. He's playing in Serie B so I'm hoping that someone might be in for him. 

The bad news however is that there are also out-going clauses, (something I religiously avoid), however these are generally 5% or 20% profit so it's not that bad. 

Boldklubben af 1893 - Wikipedia

09ba450e4ad71544a4461f9f26dab5c1.png

b6135cbe1cf3632cfcddd666fa3dcf4b.png

0d13411cfd9dc07b31b71cbbbbc7945a.png

0144c0a8893c13786e1deb25748c6d84.png

6df50c6bec24b4f44bd4203da9bad758.png

A solid first half of the season. We somehow clawed through a tough Europa League group into the Europa Conference knockouts. Draws away and home vs Milan as well as a win vs Fenerbahce the highlights! We're in a title race with AGF in the league, but unfortunately we're out of the cup early doors. We've had a lot of games to play, so rotation has been key.

What a rubbish intake. Season 6. Brondby.

What an absolute let-down this intake is. :(

0e8ff4dd4ec2884960fb0e9c3e1784f1.png

(26a) Pedersen is probably the best of a bad bunch. I've signed everyone to contracts in the hope that their PA is better than anticipated. 

f754c65f38ad63cf4d4e7faa4bf49916.png

(26d) Svenne Johansen 6'0" is the player that my HoYD highlighted. He's short for a GK but it might be interesting to see how a GK with Punching(Tendency) of 18 works in FM21. 

335461ab37a6650270f7cc8772ddb540.png

It might be wort recapping where our facilities are at. 

7b64f43842e3afe099871bdd9ec40ec8.png

They're actually pretty decent, but I can't remember what order the different levels come in because I got so used to checking them with the Editor after the "Facilities bug" in FM20. 

I've had a quick search and this is what I've found. 

Junior Coaching. There are only 7 levels and I can't wait to look and the editor and see what they equate to in terms of 0-20. We are level 5 of 7

c4dd31a3416ac367e05c116f4d74ccf4.png

Youth Recruitment. There are 8 levels here. We are level........ Hang on. This is wrong. This list is for Youth Facilities I think. 

a87bf6a262375c2c824a36ea5ba46643.png<<<<<<<<< completely wrong. 

I'm sure I made a list on my Welsh thread last year..... but I can't find it. Either way, Excellent is level 15 I think. 

I can't find a list, either in any of my threads, (although I'm sure I created 1 somewhere), so I will try and create one now from my the upgrades in my Welsh thread. 

3 Fairly Basic
6 Average
7 Average
8 Average
9 Good
10 Good
11 Good
12 Adequate
13 Adequate
14 Adequate
15 Excellent
16 Excellent
17 Excellent
18 Exceptional
19 Exceptional.
20 Exceptional

Anyway, so we're at level 15, 16 or 17.

Edited by Jimbokav1971

3F Superliga Preliminary Phase. Season 6. Brondby

We started the season really poorly with only 1 win from the opening 7 games, but have battled back well and turned things around to sneak into the Championship Group. Although we qualified, we needed Nordsjælland to lose their last 2 games to do so. 

We're going to find it hard to finish in the top 4 to auto-qualify for Europe, but AC Horsens have lost 4 games in a row, (and I'm hoping that will continue), and we recently smashed 7 goals past OB so maybe just maybe this thing's doable. At the very least we will be in a Playoff for a European spot. 

037443bf1be68cb82bb9bf93fbfa4fc2.png
35e74752d77ca234a792ebb73c1b18a6.png

eb7054d81aa1a109fbb5d27e81189f51.png

9b38a33615b866eafa7379489de77da4.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

image.jpeg.59beb18d810c5cf923077b7aa841873f.jpeg

KFUM Roskilde

"Urrghh....."

I lifted my head groggily from the wooden table, my saliva forming a tight seal between cheek and wood, which made an unpleasant sucking noise as it was forcibly parted.

"What..?"

I looked around. Sunlight was beaming into what appeared to be a homely little kitchen. And also directly into my eyes. "Jesus..", I scrabbled on the table and my hand closed over something that felt like sunglasses. I put them on and the world fell into blessed shade. My head felt like Donald Trump had fired their entire stack of nukes in a fit of outgoing pique, timed to land perfectly when I opened my eyes.. As my eyes gradually came into focus, I noticed an empty bottle on the table. "Stauning whiskey? You bastard.." What was I even THINKING, drinking that? I raised his hand to rub my bald head, an automatic reaction that was barely noticed. What wasn't barely noticed was the fact that 1) my hand was covered in gauze, the rough feel of the cotton scraping and abrasive against my wild ha..2) I had hair. What the actual hell??

I leapt up in panic, wondering what happened to me. My legs then buckled and I fell to the floor as the second wave of the Orange F*ck's hangover missiles struck home and detonated. "F**king why?!?!" he wondered aloud, sobbing.. I pushed myself up onto all fours, panting. Both hands were covered in gauze. What had happened? Had I become a drunken burns victim? WHAT? Ignoring the pain as I rose, I unsteadily got to my feet. Bad move. A stomach contents worth of whiskey made an exit onto the stone-tiled floor. "F**k"  I spat. Urgh, and now it was all over the bandages covering my fac....My face? I bolted for the toilet. Only to realise, I had no idea where the toilet was. Tears came to my eyes. I don't know if it was the situation or the stench of vomit on the bandages that was causing it. 

Suddenly, I felt a vibration on my leg and strains of 'Himno Nacional Mexicano' filled his ears. The Mexican national anthem? Who? I fumbled the phone out of his pocket, but couldn't answer the call, the gauze preventing the touchscreen from activating. The unknown number kept ringing and ringing. In frustration, I yelled "I just want to answer the f*cking phone, Jesu Christo". With that, the phone answered in it's reassuring robotic voice "Answering Call. Speaker."

"Hola?"
"Hola pendejo" A gruff Latino voice thundered out of the phone. What was that voice? ! knew that voice. I tried to dredge up a memory from the shards of glass that made up my brain currently..
"You think you could run from us?. Huge mistake. You owe me, mano. Your bathroom is on the right. Meet me tomorrow. The address is on the kitchen notepad"
With that, the phone went dead.

I opened the bathroom door. As the neon light flared and caused me to blink, I saw a pair of long-bladed scissors, some painkillers and a glass of water next to the wash basin. F*ck man, I've been set up. I set to work, cutting the gauze on my hands, and then the stinking bandages on my face before throwing the whole mess in the bin. Before I looked in the mirror, however, I dumped the painkillers into the glass and drank deeply. Codeine, I mused, that'll help. My eyes travelled up to the mirror.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH"

I screamed. WHO THE F**K WAS THAT STARING AT HIM?? 

And as if that was the sign my brain needed, my memory began to flood back...

3F Superliga Championship Group. Season 6. Brondby

We might have lost the Cup Final, (it came between the 2 draws and 2 losses), but our form in the league was beyond my wildest expectations. We won the opening 4 games of the Championship Group and then went and finished with 2 more wins. :applause:

We've qualified for the Europa Conference. :eek: :cool:

cf5136d98087bd7f95d7eb4228ad6891.png

072d9900418b01c4019718890b5d2b3f.png

Season Summary. Season 6. Brondby

e9f8b8d8b6cba9d6485042033a399c19.png

61d1e3cda1679e1f3f1b0fc9181e7adb.png

9ccddc98fe489ea2a6bc67ebda4e3de6.png

I've almost turned into @Makoto Nakamurawith all the signings, but I promise it was all my DoF. 

If someone can explain to me how £4,900, £55,000, £4,100 and £2,400 make £105k I'/d be really grateful. :confused:

Pretty sure that those tiny loan payments don't add up to £48,000 either. 

f3e5c3e66023cf2d5e7adf16a82d3b4d.png
658a733b8c9f2e663e6db6f63a6326b9.png

I'm just ignoring this for the time being. I expect to qualify for Europe every season from now on and that should sort the debt over the next few seasons.

b17c76fb6f287094073a19fd739c5f0d.png

I would love to start upgrading the facilities, but I need to sort the debt first. 

35d143564c96da723453be8de5a3c4e0.png

These are the most valuable players at the club. Had we not qualified for Europe this season I would probably have sold the top 2 at least, but because we have I don't think I'm going to sell anyone who I can get on a 2 year contract. 

Kvistgaarden has 2.5 years on his contract, is 24 years old and has just scored 31 goals this season after scoring 45 goals last season. 

Nicolaisen 6'4" was signed on a free in July last year and is now valued at £1.3M. The only downside is that he is 29 so ideally we will get next season out of him and then sell him. 

33a0f03e78ce0d5af866d36298515530.png

Woke up to a whole lot of updates! Wow - everyone seems to be making good (and quick) progress.

@smp20 - phenomenal stuff winning the Cup and holding your own in the Europa group stage. Punching way above your weight! 

@Jimbokav1971 - also an excellent season with Brondby, some money from Europe should help with your finances I presume.

The contracts are doing my head in - all players being signed only on one year deal which means every season there needs to be an increment and further sign on fees if you want to retain them. Is this some sort of bug, or are others able to offer more than 1 year contracts to their players? I am managing to get some of them to agree to a one year optional extension but not all.

@Ronaldo Beckham - solid progress for you as well. Can you post up screenies of some of your best new-gens, it looks like you are getting great intakes.

10 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I was the same but I think because of the nature of the save we sort of have to apply even if we're unsure. You can always leave afterwards and go back and finish whatever you started elsewhere. It's amazing how poorly they are doing in so many saves. 

Unfortunately not on mine! They have had a storming start to the season.

brondby2.jpg.6cc682883c08107c088e756f55c39a87.jpg

I am really hoping they fall away and one of the "big two" win the league, otherwise I could be waiting awhile for the job to open up.

spacer.png

Season 2 Youth Intake

spacer.png

Ivan Petrovic | Mads Frank

Pretty decent intake although I am disappointed with so many unambitious personalities. Ivan Petrovic will hopefully be around for a couple of years and even if he doesn't become a first team star player he will be able to offer us good rotation options in 2 positions. Initially I was upset at having one of the best prospects being a goalkeeper as its a position we really don't need, but on 2nd viewing he could become my 1st choice keeper in 2 years or so. Hopefully we can tie him to a long term contract and then potentially get him out on loan next season and get some vital game time that he probably wont get here.

The rest have been offered youth contracts in the hope that some of them can stand out from the crowd and exceed their projected potential.

A quick update from AC Horsens as of 17th October 2021 (mine and my manager's in-game birthday :lol:)

I thought it would be easy enough to get promoted, but not this easy. We are so much better than the rest of the league, it's not even fair.

horse1.jpg.8f521388d1b529870749fd1334f3594b.jpg

I have now downloaded the Wannachup skin to IR my way through the rest of the season :lol:

Here are the fixtures:

fixtures3.jpg.2f8b1043d9830769c06528a74c4c077c.jpg

Oh we made some interesting transfers as well:

transfers.thumb.jpg.894d1987d91c16ba64255728f0dac174.jpg

Including... Robinho. Yes, that Robinho. Although he has been an utter disappointment so far.

We had to sell our best player Louka Prip because he didn't want to renew and I wasn't going to lose him on a free. The money coming in has helped the financial situation, we have almost 2 million in the bank now which should last until the end of the season.

Player stats:

stats1.thumb.jpg.89552ad875ff6303f34834d9b39532cd.jpg

And finally, some specific player screenshots if anyone is keen.

Here is Robinho in all his glory.

Best player is probably Nicolai Brock-Madsen who is absolutely smashing it with 21 (!!) goal contributions in 11 games.

Ludwig is a beast at the back, much too good for this level. Similarly Antwi at LWB.

Our midfield duo of Diagne and Hansson (club captain, Faroese legend) is very strong. 

And finally my favorite signing has been Ibrahim Sadiq who has made us not miss Prip at all - highly recommend others to check him out.

Season 2 - Slagelse Boldklub & Idraetsforening - 2. Division

We won our opening 6 games on the trot before losing to HIK 1-0, form continued as we opened up a small advantage over the chasing pack. Form dipped into November where we lost three in a row including losing out on penalties to Vejle in the 3rd Round of the Sydbank Pokalen. We ended the first part of the season strongly with a big win over HIK and then battering Nykobing. Surprisingly we hadn't drawn a match before the winter break, something we did regularly last season. 

Things would get much more difficult however, two of our star performers left, Mikkel Lejbowicz; a striker who had plundered 19 goals in 20 games went back to Nordsjaelland after his loan spell ended and they wouldn't let me keep him and Johan Meyer; a very good CB for this level also went back to parent club Nordsjaelland. 

Luckily I had another striker in Rasmus Suhr Petersen who had a decent scoring record (ending the season with 25 in 34) and partnered him with new signing Jeppe Morgensen who scored 9 in 14 in the run in to the end of the season. 

In the remaining 4 games of the regular season we won twice, drew once and lost one to finish top of the group just three points ahead of Skive. 

f51633cb1d98a542f3f3bdc63906c364.png

(Misleading table from the end of season review)

In the promotion stage we continued strongly and from the 10 games we won seven, drew twice and lost once, including back to back 4-0 thrashings of Skive and Kolding which sealed the promotion and then the title. We eventually finished the season nine points ahead of 2nd placed Skive and had a far superior goal difference. 

7c520b814acaa171f8e4545bde34b40c.png

Best XI

1170d16f2732b882fa6f6e47711d68cf.png

Interesting to see three players no longer with us in this seasons best XI, the previously mentioned Meyer and Lejbowicz leaving to go back to their parent club in December and Dedes left us in January after kicking up a fuss about not strengthening our midfield (which I was OK with at the time). 

6fe86fd84cb1bc1b965af347d9f056e2.png

Noticed a bug on the little club rep write up where it says the club rep has "decreased from Regional to National" obviously should be increased. Anyway, our finances are pretty poor but luckily most of the squad don't want to renew going into the new season, so I can start afresh again. 

I signed a new 2 year contract with the club but I feel the time would be right to move on if the opportunity arose, we're not in a strong enough position financially nor squad wise to compete in the division above and whilst I have completed my National B license and have a title win under my belt that may warrant another club taking a punt on my services. 

925e03670261f07457a3450169c4eb42.png

Smoochison Boochison

Esbjerg

2022/23 Pre-Season

Because I moved quite late on I really didn't have much chance to do anything. The finances the club have made it impossible to bring anybody in so its a case of doing the job with what I have. Honestly I hope I get promotion and then move on again!

9684fd50f70b5ff525fd7af6f616ff7e.png

We are favourites and promotion is what the board are expecting. If we don't win promotion I imagine it will be my head. They also want a Quarter Final apperance in the Cup. Not had a good run in it yet.

No new signings so the strongest XI is what you have seen before.

5c2a59bcff059d4707359dc92982564e.png

We took part in a friendly cup with SK Rapid Vienna, Brescia and Charlton. We deserved to lose the Final. It means I am 0/2 in Penalty Shootout's this career. Doesn't bode well!

Thats it really. I shall update at the Winter Break this time.

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Woke up to a whole lot of updates! Wow - everyone seems to be making good (and quick) progress.

@smp20 - phenomenal stuff winning the Cup and holding your own in the Europa group stage. Punching way above your weight! 

@Jimbokav1971 - also an excellent season with Brondby, some money from Europe should help with your finances I presume.

The contracts are doing my head in - all players being signed only on one year deal which means every season there needs to be an increment and further sign on fees if you want to retain them. Is this some sort of bug, or are others able to offer more than 1 year contracts to their players? I am managing to get some of them to agree to a one year optional extension but not all.

@Ronaldo Beckham - solid progress for you as well. Can you post up screenies of some of your best new-gens, it looks like you are getting great intakes.

Yeah of course I can mate.

image.thumb.png.56c2a4d970f831eb684a60bf614c3bb7.png

image.thumb.png.0143178bd1811a59beb7c25ad8ecc7ac.png

image.thumb.png.556beb6d65fa26f8170bf0426051f5af.png

image.thumb.png.635d55666e72c740288156f2abee4a45.png

There are a lot more but it would take me all day to post them all lol.

2024/25 End of Season Review

8de259bb02fcaac9e5f0dcd158364174.png

85758fbff06717a932ac9ef8c515b173.png

21c54f0d1fc586e0381aa848a137bf4e.png

We were awful in the promotion stage but we still finished in 5th, beating expectations.

52386ec5ae9865bb93bde316f5c6f4ae.png

28fb063fd6fe6a0a96744165fad5dafe.png

6c8f099b7441e0873393b81cb1e51d59.png

dab8ee7ce14e87f7b6d34e20d4d5174f.png

0f1f89652122e3271dbed2d24fb9805f.png

4a6e341e38c74300d9606ddd421f0e1c.png

d3cb5894b0aa8f35de2ea865724c4ec1.png

2024/25 Best XI

168a8a752782edb0c612bde6ac1993dc.png

Filip Djukic

Carsten Møllegaard - Tobias Sommer - Sebastian Fischer - Leif Buch

Oliver Lønfeldt                    Frederik Christensen                            Simon Madsen

Martin Madsen

Joachim Rothmann - Arman Taranis

f39f9023988172ff56a335e974335cb1.png

@karanhsinghRobinho is pants, (but I love your willingness to believe otherwise). :lol: :applause: I have lost track of how many times I have signed players like this, (even as recently as my Irchester save in FM20. You just hope that this one might be the exception. Nope. Physical attributes rule the roost. Welcome to the Wannachup express. I'm hoping he can fix the misssing goal-scorer names soon. Yeah, you seem to be one of the few saves where the AI managed Brondby are actually doing well. You never know though, it might actually help you in the long run.

@Watson156Petrovic looks decent, and so does Mads Frank actually, :thup: (and I like your colour schemes on the attributes). :thup: The only problem is that he's already 19. This is factored into the game now though so expect him and others like him to play well into their 30's. When we see 15-16 year olds promoted in the game and they start to play senior football right from the off, their decline as they age comes earlier and is more severe. It's unlikely to impact you at this stage but just good to know for later in the save. Congrats on the title. :applause:

@ToMexico!!Glad to see I'm not the only one who seems to either win or lose but with very few draws. Are you playing with quite an attacking mentality? Congrats on the title. :applause:

@Makoto NakamuraYou were pretty unlucky to come up against an OB side that went unbeaten so far and Koge look like they are pretty impressive too. Just have to build for the next season & hope that whoever comes down isn't as strong, (or move). ;)

@Deisler26I'm loving your GIFs. Keep em coming. :thup: The detail on show in this ME is astonishing. I know there are obviously still problems, but it feels like a big step forward. 

@andycharWith odds like that you will surely romp the league. I expect lots of green and lots of goals in your next update. :cool:

@Makoto NakamuraOn the plus side you went unbeaten over the last 7 games of the season, (decent in the Promotion Stage), but only 1 win. :( I guess that means progress of sorts though right? With so many players arriving so regularly in your save do you think you need some stability so they get used to eachother? That's playing on my mind at the moment. 

Ooh ooh ooh. A new job! :eek: The board want promotion at the 1st attempt. Sure you will deliver. :thup: Silkeborg are a real yoyo side in my game with 2 relegations and 3 promotions so far. 

@smp20What's your financial situation like after the 1st European campaign of the save? You're still in 1.Division right? The 1 thing I don't like about Scandi saves is that the domestic season doesn't run concurrently with the European season. 

22 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

@karanhsinghRobinho is pants, (but I love your willingness to believe otherwise). :lol: :applause: I have lost track of how many times I have signed players like this, (even as recently as my Irchester save in FM20. You just hope that this one might be the exception. Nope. Physical attributes rule the roost. Welcome to the Wannachup express. I'm hoping he can fix the misssing goal-scorer names soon. Yeah, you seem to be one of the few saves where the AI managed Brondby are actually doing well. You never know though, it might actually help you in the long run.

@Watson156Petrovic looks decent, and so does Mads Frank actually, :thup: (and I like your colour schemes on the attributes). :thup: The only problem is that he's already 19. This is factored into the game now though so expect him and others like him to play well into their 30's. When we see 15-16 year olds promoted in the game and they start to play senior football right from the off, their decline as they age comes earlier and is more severe. It's unlikely to impact you at this stage but just good to know for later in the save. Congrats on the title. :applause:

@ToMexico!!Glad to see I'm not the only one who seems to either win or lose but with very few draws. Are you playing with quite an attacking mentality? Congrats on the title. :applause:

@Makoto NakamuraYou were pretty unlucky to come up against an OB side that went unbeaten so far and Koge look like they are pretty impressive too. Just have to build for the next season & hope that whoever comes down isn't as strong, (or move). ;)

@Deisler26I'm loving your GIFs. Keep em coming. :thup: The detail on show in this ME is astonishing. I know there are obviously still problems, but it feels like a big step forward. 

@andycharWith odds like that you will surely romp the league. I expect lots of green and lots of goals in your next update. :cool:

@Makoto NakamuraOn the plus side you went unbeaten over the last 7 games of the season, (decent in the Promotion Stage), but only 1 win. :( I guess that means progress of sorts though right? With so many players arriving so regularly in your save do you think you need some stability so they get used to eachother? That's playing on my mind at the moment. 

Ooh ooh ooh. A new job! :eek: The board want promotion at the 1st attempt. Sure you will deliver. :thup: Silkeborg are a real yoyo side in my game with 2 relegations and 3 promotions so far. 

@smp20What's your financial situation like after the 1st European campaign of the save? You're still in 1.Division right? The 1 thing I don't like about Scandi saves is that the domestic season doesn't run concurrently with the European season. 

Yeah we're in 1.Division still. Actually Denmark is the only Scandi country that does go with the European campaigns, just a long winter break!  Here's our finances:

9a6caa1d9d2738e6c193b6ec54f8df8c.png

Just over £1m of that is going into facility upgrades which are both basic at the moment.

Pre-season. Season 7. Brondby.

I have a little conundrum. My usual style of management is play Youth Only and something that goes hand in that with that is squad rotation. While I often don't have the best players, I always have more players and by regularly rotating players my fresh but poorer quality players are often able to out-perform their more illustrious opponents. That's not quite so easy to do when you have to register players to play in league games and only have 25 slots. Yes you can play U21's, but young players often come at a Premium and while my usual tactic would be to have a steady production line pumping them out, we are FAR from at that stage now. :(

I like a big squad. I love a big squad. It allows you to develop more players at the same time, (because there are more games providing more opportunities). My strength in recent issues of the game has been my ability to manage the squad effectively and pick the right players for the right games and make sure that they are fit and available when I need them. (Not easy when they also might be playing either Reserve or U19 games). The problem here though is that so far in this save my squad selection has been significantly less impressive than my Ass Man's, (via the "quick pick" button). 

We're playing in the Euro Conference this season and I think, (based on my experience with FM20 in Wales & Iceland), that unless I get unlucky and there is a big club in the Euro League that drops down into the Conference, then many of these games should be not only competitive, but also pretty winnable. What I can'y do is expect the same size squad of 25 players that I had last season, to play in Europe this season with no additions. If I buy players that are 21+ and can't play in the league then that opens a whole new can of worms so I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. We only have approx £750k and that doesn't really get you much when you are talking about young players who are good enough to play right now.

We're £1.3M overdrawn at the bank but have a transfer budget of £716,000. While I want to make new signings to strengthen our European campaign, the reality is that I probably shouldn't because we can't afford to yet. I need the money from Europe in these early seasons to make us solvent again so that I can get the facilities up and start producing youngsters. But at the same time we might miss out on the Group Stage as a result, (am I being too ambitious), or even fail to make the cut for the top half of the domestic league, (which was a close run thing after a poor start last season....

I think I've just decided that what I need to do is concentrate on the league, (making the top-half cut and giving us the opportunity to play in Europe again next season), and anything that actually happens in Europe this season is a bonus and all the money we make is extra anyway. I need to just take it step by step and stop trying to take short-cuts. If we qualify for the Group Stage in Europe but then miss out on Europe next season then that would be a set-back. No, we need to concentrate on the league. 

Smoochison Boochison

Esbjerg 

Winter Break 2022-23

So we were expecting to do well. 

37657cfec83e81ab5461954a794ae526.pngcf795bbfe158dca13fcd8a423b3a8f69.png

And really we didn't disappoint. A few bad results here and there. Didn't like the 1-1 at home to HB Koge, we dominated, scored late on and conceded even later. But other than a few bad results its not been a bad start to the season really. 

As you can see we are still in the Cup. The longest I've actually been in it and the first time we are going to be playing in December. I might arrange a friendly or 2 around it for fitness. We face our biggest challenge yet, although we were dominant against AGF another Top Tier Team.

22ac7c080b226f3cb49fd0362fbdefbf.png

5 games left before the split and we are very comfortably top. Could have been better had we not lost to SonderjyskE in the last game before the break but generally we can't grumble.

My biggest worry is keeping players. We are losing 2 starters in January for stuff that happened out of my control. We are stuggling to sign a few more to new deals, they are wanting to sign but we can't afford them. The rest involve unhappy players due to bids being rejected. 

Things are looking good but in reality I don't see my future here. I'm hoping to just get Promoted, get it on my CV and see what happens in the Job Market during the Summer.

f9d688b171ec01fb610c14e26c1a5711.png

As you can see we are really going to miss the 2 players leaving us. They have started all but 1 game. Luckily our top scorer (by far) isn't going anywhere and that's how its going to stay. 

I need to bring in a new ST otherwise we only have 2. 

Going to be an interesting and worrying Winter Break!

3 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Thanks for that info/advice, I had no idea that was even a thing! Is that a new feature for this year or has it always been in the game and I've just never played a save long enough to realize/find out?