FM20 Tactics by TFF

6 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

If we take the 1st season then Arne Maier is a 130CA player and his CA is distributed better for the DM position

Yes he fits the filter for DM but not CM by the end of the season. What makes him a better DM than CM? I ask because I want to understand better how to choose the best CM, because this position has been a bit of a problem for me.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, danstam said:

Yes he fits the filter for DM but not CM by the end of the season. What makes him a better DM than CM? I ask because I want to understand better how to choose the best CM, because this position has been a bit of a problem for me.

A CM should have a good mix of all stats technical, mental and phyiscal.

12 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

A CM should have a good mix of all stats technical, mental and phyiscal.

I guess a better question is... what is the role of the CM exactly? Is he mainly to score goals, provide assists, dribble up the pitch? For example I signed Jaka Bijol as a backup CM, and he scored a bunch of goals off the bench even though his attributes are not impressive at all. Meanwhile Arne Maier is almost a complete CM but he barely influences the game.

1 minute ago, danstam said:

I guess a better question is... what is the role of the CM exactly? Is he mainly to score goals, provide assists, dribble up the pitch? For example I signed Jaka Bijol as a backup CM, and he scored a bunch of goals off the bench even though his attributes are not impressive at all. Meanwhile Arne Maier is almost a complete CM but he barely influences the game.

a CM should be good at creating and chipping in with a goal every now and then, I play with a CM and DLP.

17 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

a CM should be good at creating and chipping in with a goal every now and then, I play with a CM and DLP.

Yeah it’s just this game is very random, sometimes a player will be 6.5 one minute and 7.0 the next and they didn’t do anything, and players almost perform randomly sometimes regardless of their attributes. I feel like Yaya Toure would have been perfect for this tactic, I notice the CM in Cerber dribbles a lot.

2 minutes ago, danstam said:

Yeah it’s just this game is very random, sometimes a player will be 6.5 one minute and 7.0 the next and they didn’t do anything, and players almost perform randomly sometimes regardless of their attributes. I feel like Yaya Toure would have been perfect for this tactic, I notice the CM in Cerber dribbles a lot.

Barella, Bruno Fernandes & Havertz are examples of very good CM's who can do abit of everything.

1 hour ago, danstam said:

He might develop greatly in your save and I judged his attributes as he has them in the 1set season

At the begging of 1st season his CA is distributed slightly more toward the defensive attributes and that makes him slightly better for the DM position than MCL position but of course, it doesn't mean that he can't be used at MCL position, he'll do well at both positions the MCL and DM... if we take this attributes at the 1st season then his a bit slow and his "Off The Ball" and "Flair" is bit low so as I said his CA is distributes slightly more toward the defensive attributes and that's why he's better for the DM position than for the MCL position in general you need very similar players for the DM and MCL position but I would play a more attacking players at the MCL position and a more defensive players at the DM position 

I switch to Cerber V4 from Annihilator. There's a better defense and I got two ECC group stage wins against Man City 2-1 away and Juventus 2-0 home (I manage Lille second season), but sometimes I draw matches against weaker teams than mine even if I got more scoring chanses. Any advices?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by I.D.E.A

13 minutes ago, I.D.E.A said:

I switch to Cerber V4 from Annihilator. There's a better defense and I got two ECC group stage wins against Man City 2-1 away and Juventus 2-0 home (I manage Lille second season), but sometimes I draw matches against weaker teams than mine even if I got more scoring chanses. Any advices?

If a team is sitting in try the attacking version. In my save I have to use it often as almost everyone plays defensively against me now.

5 hours ago, danstam said:

Carles Alena from Barcelona is great in the CM role for me. Depends what level you are playing at I suppose. But in Cerber they will create and score goals from that position.

Hi,

Do you guys manage to have decent ratings and goals/assists with your shadow striker with Cerber v4? On all the saves I've had playing always with this tactic I never managed to get the best out of a player on that position..

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, yoodu14 said:

Hi,

Do you guys manage to have decent ratings and goals/assists with your shadow striker with Cerber v4? On all the saves I've had playing always with this tactic I never managed to get the best out of a player on that position..

Thanks!

I average a goal and an assist every three games out of mine. I rotate Enis Bardhi and Vasco Sousa in that position. Both very creative players. Bardhi averaged 7.71 and Sousa 7.86 last season.

Edited by StewG

After 3 seasons getting bigger and bigger, my team is starting to lose some games, and getting so many draws (0-0). My striker is good, it was the third pichichi last year and it fits into the filters, but he does not score. Maybe it is because I was considered as an underdog... The first year I was in the second division, the second year I won only the domestic cup, and the third season I won the league and the cup. But in this season I do not score so much goals, being my team far better than before....

Edited by joaquingsegovia

36 minutes ago, joaquingsegovia said:

After 3 seasons getting bigger and bigger, my team is starting to lose some games, and getting so many draws (0-0). My striker is good, it was the third pichichi last year and it fits into the filters, but he does not score. Maybe it is because I was considered as an underdog... The first year I was in the second division, the second year I won only the domestic cup, and the third season I won the league and the cup. But in this season I do not score so much goals, being my team far better than before....

I've given these advice, probably, million times already... let's do that one more time :)

Mate, I suggest never building your expectation for the further results on your past results because you might be extremely lucky in the past and your opponents might be very unlucky which means it would be a very wrong to expect winning the league this season because you won it the last season even if you improved your team.

The only way to get a correct picture about the strength of your team and the strength of your opponents is to see the CA of your players and the CA of the players in the other teams is in the league and it's the only way to build a proper expectation for the future results.

If you can't call yourself a FM expert yet then there's nothing wrong to use any 3rd party software such FMRTE or the official In-Game editor to learn how the game work and with help of these programs you always can get a very accurate picture about the strength of your team and build a correct expectation for the further results and avoid a lot frustration.

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I've given these advice, probably, million times already... let's do that one more time :)

Mate, I suggest never building your expectation for the further results on your past results because you might be extremely lucky in the past and your opponents might be very unlucky which means it would be a very wrong to expect winning the league this season because you won it the last season even if you improved your team.

The only way to get a correct picture about the strength of your team and the strength of your opponents is to see the CA of your players and the CA of the players in the other teams is in the league and it's the only way to build a proper expectation for the future results.

If you can't call yourself a FM expert yet then there's nothing wrong to use any 3rd party software such FMRTE or the official In-Game editor to learn how the game work and with help of these programs you always can get a very accurate picture about the strength of your team and build a correct expectation for the further results and avoid a lot frustration.

Just want to add the above... For example, if you play in English Premier League and you want greatly dominate this league which means you want to win the title without leaving any chance to the opponents then your team must the strongest team in the league by far.

Here's the CA of Man City 11 best players:

man-city-ca-1.png.1a1b7e093558dea50151eb21d5f617fa.png

Here's the CA of Liverpool 11 best players:

liverpool-ca-1.thumb.png.3d40aad38c301260b25341661eebbdb4.png

As you can see to dominate EPL it requires having 190+ CA players in your starting eleven because only with such CA you can say that your team is significantly stronger than any teams in the league but getting a starting elven that consists of 190+CA players is an extremely hard task to achieve and that's why such league as EPL or La Liga always will be hard to dominate so you always can expect to be seriously challenged in this league even using the most effective tactics.

11 minutes ago, don_cablo said:

Hi TFF,

There must be a player with a natural CM and DLP position or can you put players with a different natural position in these places?

Hi mate,

The higher rating a player has for some position, the more effective he plays at this position so "Natural" rating gives the best efficiency but I find you can play a player at some position even when he's got "Competent" / "Accomplished" for it because I don't notice it somehow dramatically affects his performance

11 minutes ago, don_cablo said:

which players are the best on CM and DLP position in CERBER V4 tactics? Your Top 5?

For the DM position:

- Ilkay Gündogan

- Fernandinho

- Arthur

- Jordan Henderson

- Mateo Kovacic

- Marcelo Brozovic

- Saúl 

- Fabinho

- Jorginho

- Rodrigo Bentancur

The players above, also, do well at the MCL position but I find that using a slightly more attacking players at the MCL is slightly more beneficial, I'm talking about such player as:

- Kevin De Bruyne

- Paul Pogba

- Bernardo Silva

- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Hey Tff,

Do you think that telling players "i have faith in you" before match in individual teamtalk makes any difference in team performance? I have been using this for years and my players always get green reactions. Another question is if i sign a assistant with motivation attribute of 20, should i always let him do general teamtalks? Thanks

Edited by voja94

39 minutes ago, voja94 said:

Hey Tff,

Do you think that telling players "i have faith in you" before match in individual teamtalk makes any difference in team performance? I have been using this for years and my players always get green reactions. Another question is if i sign a assistant with motivation attribute of 20, should i always let him do general teamtalks? Thanks

Hi,

"A green reaction" means that you've said right things that motivated your players, you just need to find what team talks give as many "green reactions" as possible in different situations and honestly, after few tests it isn't hard to find out what works the best in different situations.

If your assistant manager has 20 Motivations then it means that he's very good at motivation players but it doesn't mean that you should always delegate him the team talks … who knows maybe you can do it better than he does :)

5 minutes ago, Cristo69 said:

your tactic Cerber v4 does not work with me I tried all you did. but neither is it your fault. since this fm20 is worse than i ever played in my life.

Hi,

FM20 might look very challenging, especially, if we compare it with the past FM versions because there were some nasty set pieces and tactical exploits but this year there are no any set pieces exploits or any obvious tactical exploits so it requires a lot of skill to succeed in the game, also, your overachieving level is greatly limited by the quality of players

50 minutes ago, Cristo69 said:

your tactic Cerber v4 does not work with me I tried all you did. but neither is it your fault. since this fm20 is worse than i ever played in my life.

37 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

FM20 might look very challenging, especially, if we compare it with the past FM versions because there were some nasty set pieces and tactical exploits but this year there are no any set pieces exploits or any obvious tactical exploits so it requires a lot of skill to succeed in the game, also, your overachieving level is greatly limited by the quality of players

The amount of times over the years i read someone say this is the worst FM ever. Every single year it's the same narrative from a group of users because they think tactics are plug and win. FM20 is up there in the top 3 additions of FM for me.

Now i understand the game can be very frustrating, But i think the days of Plug and win tactics like we saw on the likes of FM14, 15, 16 etc are long gone.

I have 670 hours just to try tactics. this fm does not matter the tactics or quality of the players. if fm20 AI decides to lose 10 games in a row you lose. while in other fm the quality of the players made a difference and it didn't matter which tactic he used. while the other fm gave joy and desire to play. this fm20 only bores you so you just want to give up and never buy any again. :lol:

94884333_748593409006048_1407340154447724544_n.jpg

4 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

@Totalfootballfan

Iv'e noticed a bug on FM, my players keep saying they're unhappy with their playing time even though I'm starting them consistently. I'm in a predicament where I'm going to lose two of my important players on free transfers because they won't renew due to being unhappy with their playing time.

Hmm... I haven't been noticing something like that... I think it's worth reporting as a bug but of course, you need provide your game save where it happend

Hi tff,

thanks for the really great tactics that you have created.

I have a question: I found spectacular the Annihilator tactic, than I decided to switch to Cerber V4 to have more balance, specially in the middle.

First times,  it didn't work very well, the team was very long and the opponent found space once the pressure was skipped.

Then, I changed the difensive line from "standard" to "much higher" (same instruction as the Annihilator) and magically the team was short, kept possession well and if the pressure jumped, I found it compact at the limit of its area, without giving space between defense and midfield as before.

does this make sense to you? with this change I seem to have found the perfect balance between the Annihilator show and the balance given by the cerber V4 disposition.

Also, I have not yet tried to change the breadth of the defensive line from standard to very narrow, can this increase coverage in the middle?

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Officzek said:

What do you think is the best tactic for the best clubs and for underdogs?

Hi,

Mate, my opinion about the tactics and how to use them can be found at the top of the OP, I find it's explained well there. :)

1 hour ago, Duncan10 said:

Hi tff,

thanks for the really great tactics that you have created.

I have a question: I found spectacular the Annihilator tactic, than I decided to switch to Cerber V4 to have more balance, specially in the middle.

First times,  it didn't work very well, the team was very long and the opponent found space once the pressure was skipped.

Then, I changed the difensive line from "standard" to "much higher" (same instruction as the Annihilator) and magically the team was short, kept possession well and if the pressure jumped, I found it compact at the limit of its area, without giving space between defense and midfield as before.

does this make sense to you? with this change I seem to have found the perfect balance between the Annihilator show and the balance given by the cerber V4 disposition.

Also, I have not yet tried to change the breadth of the defensive line from standard to very narrow, can this increase coverage in the middle?

Thank you!

Hi mate,

In my tests "Standard D-Line" gives me better results than "Much Higher D-line" but if you find that the opposite works better for you then fell free to use it

Tired of having the **** taken every God damn time. Glad it works for everyone else but again and again supposedly world class players missing sitters and then having ex players score screamers just isn't doing it for me. What a God damn joke 

1 hour ago, jwccfc1987 said:

Tired of having the **** taken every God damn time. Glad it works for everyone else but again and again supposedly world class players missing sitters and then having ex players score screamers just isn't doing it for me. What a God damn joke 

This is the point at which I have to react as a moderator. You already made it clear that you are not pleased with the tactic, and that's okay. But there is no need to keep repeating that all the time. If you don't like that particular tactic, don't use it anymore and try something else instead. Quite simple.

Take this as an unofficial warning. The last one.

And mind the language, please!

26 minutes ago, rlemos said:

lets say according to your filters you think that DC should have 14 as accelaration do you think that is average or decent?

the filters are not about the level for the attributes, the filters are about the CA allocation

Let's say you have to 100CA on the attributes and the filters make sure that the CA is spend efficient for the position

In different competitions/leagues different requirement of the attributes, for example, in English Premier League or La Liga an average striker has 15 Finishing and if you are looking a striker for these leagues then he must have at least 15 finishing but in some low level league an average striker might have 10 Finishing so for this league any striker with Finishing above 10 would be great  

1 hour ago, jonnysnipe said:

How many a season do you get from corners with your setup TFF?

It depends on the team and the tactic

With a more attacking tactic you should score more from the corners than with a more defensive tactic

With a strong team you should score more from the corners than with a weak team

With such teams as Liverpool and Man City I score about 22-24 goals in the league per season

With such teams as Watford I score 15-17 goals from the corners in the league per season

Someone can suggest me a team that at the start of the game with no transfers fit well for cerber V4? 

I'm not interest if is a top club (it would be better) or an underdog one. 

Thks 

On 25/04/2020 at 13:57, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

Mate, my opinion about the tactics and how to use them can be found at the top of the OP, I find it's explained well there. :)

Hi mate,

In my tests "Standard D-Line" gives me better results than "Much Higher D-line" but if you find that the opposite works better for you then fell free to use it

Hi tff,

I'm sorry, I wrote wrong, I meant "Higher defensive line", not "much higher",

so I found the most compact team in defense, I have to do more tests to understand if it really is so :)

Have you ever tried to minimize the size of the defensive line? it's something I still have to try.

Thank you for the answer, have a nice day!

6 minutes ago, Duncan10 said:

Hi tff,

I'm sorry, I wrote wrong, I meant "Higher defensive line", not "much higher",

so I found the most compact team in defense, I have to do more tests to understand if it really is so :)

Have you ever tried to minimize the size of the defensive line? it's something I still have to try.

Thank you for the answer, have a nice day!

Yes, I've also tried "Higher D-Line" and "Standard D-Line" gave me the best results in my tests

5 hours ago, I.D.E.A said:

Someone can suggest me a team that at the start of the game with no transfers fit well for cerber V4? 

I'm not interest if is a top club (it would be better) or an underdog one. 

Thks 

Hertha Berlin.

Hi TFF,

I play with your tactic (cerberv4) with some teams (Om, Parma, Red Bull London [fiction] and Arsenal). 

Currently i'm with arsenal on 2023. And I have a small problem after a tactical change, and a choice of player . I'm a bit loss ^^.
image.thumb.png.70497b043a4c11db6b8aaa926bb4070d.png
What do you think of my team, and where did you play some players ?

image.thumb.png.9acd63784d2e0491c8c931479ebe098d.png

Gabriel Veron is here cause of Fati's injury.

I'm currently in trouble with Reinier. Can he be a good CM attacking ? or need to be up in place of Joao Felix ?

For informations about some newgens :
image.thumb.png.dc56756b7774037246435d2cb3c1f465.pngimage.thumb.png.d8f3322bdd18cf13cb250ad16c75975a.pngimage.thumb.png.ae377fe76930313303e330201069c9c2.png

Edited by Durnegard

22 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

This is the point at which I have to react as a moderator. You already made it clear that you are not pleased with the tactic, and that's okay. But there is no need to keep repeating that all the time. If you don't like that particular tactic, don't use it anymore and try something else instead. Quite simple.

Take this as an unofficial warning. The last one.

And mind the language, please!

It's not the tactic but the game. Fair enough on the rest.

37 minutes ago, Durnegard said:

What do you think of my team, and where did you play some players ?

Hi,

The stars rating that you provided is a quite useless thing

It should be enough for you just to look at a player's attributes to tell his approximate CA and if it's hard for you to do that then I suggest you to start using 3rd party software such as FMRTE or the official In-Game editor and developing such skill

it's impossible to tell anything without looking at the attributes and CA of your players, also, as you said you are in 2023 so some players might greatly developed and some players might greatly declined

If you are interested where your team stands compared with other teams in the league then just need to inspect your team and other teams in the league with FMRTE:

The CA/PA of Man City's players (the 1st season)

man-city-ca-1.png.3b49acbea86e29ea9b1338779eacc5a9.png

The CA/PA of Liverpool's players (the 1st season)

liverpool-ca-1.thumb.png.7a3d393cb20348125b5604c594c95043.png

37 minutes ago, Durnegard said:

I'm currently in trouble with Reinier. Can he be a good CM attacking ? or need to be up in place of Joao Felix ?

Reinier should do well at both AMCR and MCL positions

20 minutes ago, Durnegard said:

Thanks for your response.

For a better look (i already use editor in game for check the CA/PA), i launched fmrte for a view of my club

image.thumb.png.bb87f13b7010ad45b6cc3358182f0d28.png

I need to change the goal :D 

I'd say with such team you have good chances to win the title but it's far from a guaranty win

A proper team rotation ( trying to have the Conditions as high as possible every match ) and a proper morale management can greatly further boost your chances of winning the title 

Yeah, i think i hurt a little wall this year.

That's my third season with Arsenal (i play 2 season on OM before), and i manage to win : 2 BPL, 2 Carabao cup, 2 FA cup, 2 community shield, 1 uefa cup, 1 champion's league, 1 uefa supercup. 

But it's harder this year. I need to change some player, even if i love them. 

Thanks a lot :)

55 minutes ago, jwccfc1987 said:

It's not the tactic but the game

Okay, but in that case you should express your complaints in a bugs forum or general feedback or something like that. Certainly not in this thread which is about tactics for download. Which may or may not work, but that's a different story.