FM20 Tactics by TFF

1 minute ago, Experienced Defender said:

Okay, but in that case you should express your complaints in a bugs forum or general feedback or something like that. Certainly not in this thread which is about tactics for download. Which may or may not work, but that's a different story. 

Yeah, OK that's fair enough. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I'd say with such team you have good chances to win the title but it's far from a guaranty win

A proper team rotation ( trying to have the Conditions as high as possible every match ) and a proper morale management can greatly further boost your chances of winning the title 

do you think should be easier to rotate at home? what do you think?

27 minutes ago, rlemos said:

do you think should be easier to rotate at home? what do you think?

it makes sense give your best players a rest during some not important or easy matches, also, if you have a lot of injured players and in general your team lacks of a good backup then it make sense to prioritize the competitions you participate because sometime if you try to win then all then you might end up with winning none of them :) 

23 minutes ago, I.D.E.A said:

I don't remember... If I got one man sent off how can I set my team?

(using Cerber V4)

If you want to say more attacking then remove the MCL position and move the AMCR position to the AMC

If you want to say more defensive then remove the AMCR position and move the MCR position to the MC

ttf is the best! Game break, so what is it called? CEBER!

2nd season with a team from the second division of Brazil. The forecast for the time was to stay at 15 °. But the tactic was perfect! Control of matches, game dominance, opportunities created and a fluid game. A peaceful campaign. We also won the cup and the regional championship. Amazing!

What I realized makes a considerable difference is the players' favorite moves. At Athletic Bilbao I taught players to "cuts inside" and things did not go very well. However, at Operário there was no such instruction and my MR and ML performed very well, and more goal opportunities are created.

Finally, I hired the player on the print, "Palacios". However, it has the preferred "Cuts inside" motion. It's a problem? Should I train him to forget about the movement?

Captura de Tela (55).png

Captura de Tela (53).png

Captura de Tela (52).png

Captura de Tela (51).png

Captura de Tela (50).png

I started unemployed. I joined the team in December and was in last place 20th. I just reached the goal. and be in the middle table in 10th. I ended up winning UEFA, and qualified for the Champions League. threaten to fire me ??? it has too many mistakes and everyone looks. morale of the players. repeated phrases with players even if they know they will not play anymore, they are always saying they want to play more even when they are away from the team. every month always upset with the same conversation. coach never has a conversation that favors. and always to make the situation worse. training blocks a certain time in the development of the players. in games the AI blocks when I try to score goals. try to stop you thrashing the other team. it looks like a limiter. other mistakes I don't remember :lol:. because of this thing I don't feel like playing fm20 . i think i will continue to play fm19 even and the most balanced of all football managers.

94975038_2710367222424813_5125946487414456320_n.jpg

94977715_2851882341556815_5596958628595630080_n.jpg

95013507_2476011356043576_2990582206331617280_n.jpg

TFF -thank for the tactic, it' great.

Could you advise the best player jobs for attacking corners? I mean, who should be where?

I saw that you get 15+ corner goals per season, yet I have 5, even with 3+ excellent targets to aim at. (DC Ju20 St16 - DC Ju17 St16, DMC Ju16 St18)

So, what I'm asking is, Should it be:

Best target be 'Attack near post'

2nd best target 'Lurk near post' etc...

I have a corner taker with corners 19, technique 16. He takes on the right with his right foot... I figured I should be doing a lot better!

Same question for long throw please!

12 hours ago, yellowboyhero said:

i started a career using newcastle united , im using cerber v4 right now and im losing almost every game, what should i do?

From my experience what can help:

1 - Increase your team's morale urgently. As? a) team meetings, as TTF suggested in the initial topic. b) score friendlies against very fragile teams for you to win with a goal difference and thus increase the confidence of your players; c) a lot of conversation and interaction with your players to improve team morale. I realized that team morale is one of the strongest weights in determining hell or heaven.

2 - As you are in a crisis, maybe it is time to prioritize tactical training that gives your players greater happiness. As team cohesion, and training aimed at games ...

Got hired by Schalke when they were struggling towards the end of the season but still managed to qualify for the Europa league with what I had

Grabbed couple of players with the great budget they provided to me and now I am destroying it.

I use Opposition Instructions when i am facing a strong team but if I think I am the favorite, I don't use any. and let my assistant manager do the team talks etc ( has 20 motivating )

Here's a few screenshots. Great tactic if you know what you are doing ( Using Cerber V4 )

My best Current 11 and Schedule.

fm2.png

fm1.png

best11.png

Hey @Totalfootballfan ,

In the opening post, for individual training you recommend players to be trained on tactic's position role / duty, but only goalkeeper seems to be Sweeper Keeper - Support and it is different from tactic which uses Sweeper Keeper - Attack. Is this on purpose or you just posted it wrong ?

Also regarding team talks do you think it has any significant boost to results or dealing shouts is enough and can we let assistant do the team talks ?

Last, your shout post in brief suggests Show some passion when losing, get creative when drawing and praise when winning. But I find that most of the time when winning by 1 goal - demand more can have more "green" body language rather than praise (Usually depends on strength of opposition, for example if you are against a weak team, demanding more makes players focus whereas praise might fire up 2-3 players maximum, but when you are against a strong team they usually feel pressure when you demand more and most of them get fired up when praised, so I guess shouts are pretty detailed have you noticed these kind of things when testing ?)

26 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Hey @Totalfootballfan ,

In the opening post, for individual training you recommend players to be trained on tactic's position role / duty, but only goalkeeper seems to be Sweeper Keeper - Support and it is different from tactic which uses Sweeper Keeper - Attack. Is this on purpose or you just posted it wrong ?

Hi,

I've edited the OP and changed to "Attack" but there's no difference between them

Also regarding team talks do you think it has any significant boost to results or dealing shouts is enough and can we let assistant do the team talks ?

You always can see how many "green reactions" you get when you handle the team talks and how many "green reactions" your assistant manager gets when he handle the team talks and if there's no difference or there's some difference but you are ok with that then you can decide delegate the team talks to your assistant manager or not

Last, your shout post in brief suggests Show some passion when losing, get creative when drawing and praise when winning. But I find that most of the time when winning by 1 goal - demand more can have more "green" body language rather than praise (Usually depends on strength of opposition, for example if you are against a weak team, demanding more makes players focus whereas praise might fire up 2-3 players maximum, but when you are against a strong team they usually feel pressure when you demand more and most of them get fired up when praised, so I guess shouts are pretty detailed have you noticed these kind of things when testing ?)

As you saw "praise" give a positive result in any situation in some situation less and in some situations more but if you use "demand more" and you make a mistake then it could be tragic so it's up to you to decide what to use :) 

13 hours ago, petegriff said:

TFF -thank for the tactic, it' great.

Could you advise the best player jobs for attacking corners? I mean, who should be where?

I saw that you get 15+ corner goals per season, yet I have 5, even with 3+ excellent targets to aim at. (DC Ju20 St16 - DC Ju17 St16, DMC Ju16 St18)

So, what I'm asking is, Should it be:

Best target be 'Attack near post'

2nd best target 'Lurk near post' etc...

I have a corner taker with corners 19, technique 16. He takes on the right with his right foot... I figured I should be doing a lot better!

Same question for long throw please!

Hey TFF,

Did you have any thoughts on this? Sorry if you've covered it before.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, petegriff said:

Hey TFF,

Did you have any thoughts on this? Sorry if you've covered it before.

Thanks!

Hey,

I can say that when I play with a mid table prediction team in EPL then the scored from corners varies from 8 to 14 and when I play with the strongest teams in the league then the scored from corners varies from 18 to 24

If we take Cerber V4 corner setup then the DCL positions score slightly more than the DCR position, also, it's important to understand that the corner setup works such way that any position that goes forward during the attacking corners have a small chance to score so no need to think that the DCL/DCR positions are the only positions that score from the corners and many goals are scored after rebounds, also, it's important to understand, the stronger your team compared with other teams in the league, the more goals you should score from the corners because when you play with the strongest team in the league then you have a much higher amount of attacking corners per match than when you play with the weakest team.

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey,

I can say that when I play with a mid table prediction team in EPL then the scored from corners varies from 8 to 14 and when I play with the strongest teams in the league then the scored from corners varies from 18 to 24

If we take Cerber V4 corner setup then the DCL positions score slightly more than the DCR position, also, it's important to understand that the corner setup works such way that any position that goes forward during the attacking corners have a small chance to score so no need to think that the DCL/DCR positions are the only positions that score from the corners and many goals are scored after rebounds, also, it's important to understand, the stronger your team compared with other teams in the league, the more goals you should score from the corners because when you play with the strongest team in the league then you have a much higher amount of attacking corners per match than when you play with the weakest team.

I understand what you're saying, but if your DLP happened to be the best aerial target in the team, wouldn't you change the players around? (Mine isn't the best, but he's certainly decent, and it feels like at worst he could be a good decoy at 192cm)

I don't use 3rd party software to access CA etc, but I know I'm outperforming as second in the league (thanks to your tactic!) but nonetheless 6 corner goals from 34 games seems lower than it could be (especially with a right footed corner taker with 19 for corners and two giant DC's!)

50 minutes ago, petegriff said:

I understand what you're saying, but if your DLP happened to be the best aerial target in the team, wouldn't you change the players around? (Mine isn't the best, but he's certainly decent, and it feels like at worst he could be a good decoy at 192cm)

Height and Jumping Reach attributes determine how high a player can jump but there are other attributes which are important for winning headers and scoring goals. I'm talking about such attributes as Bravery, Aggression, Heading, Anticipation, Decisions and so some other... To be able score from the corners a player must be not only tall and good jumper but he must also anticipate where the ball goes and he must have will to go for the ball and he must be direct the ball with accuracy and so on,,,

Of course, if some other positions in your team are better at playing headers than the DCL/DCR positions then you can tweak the corner setup

Also, as I said a lot of goals from corners are scored after a rebound and if you are Liverpool then you might have like 25 corners per match and if you are Norwich then you might have 3 corners per match and that's a big difference

5 minutes ago, rlemos said:

about the new post you created about training?

if you are talking about my thread which is dedicated to the training then few key and important things about the training have been highlighted in it and if I see greater feedback and interest from the people for it then I'll add more stuff and tests in it, any tests take a lot of time and efforts and if only few people are interested in them then I don't see a point in doing them    

1 hour ago, Bcfclee27 said:

Hi TFF do you recommend any PPMs for your tactics and if so which do you find most important for position etc

Hi,

I don't find there are any must-train PPMs that make significant difference but I find there are some PPMs that have a negative impact and every tactic at the OP has a list of such PPMs

Hi there TFF

Long time fan and user of your tactics here, and very pleased to see you're still in this from FM2020

Just a quick question. I've found a tactic called 'Zeus' made by you, but I don't see it listed here. Did you stop developing it, and recommend the 'Cerber' tactic for general use?

The reason I'm asking is that my squad is more fitted to a 4-4-2 formation (don't really have any natural AMCs), but there is no 4-4-2 formation in your tactics.

49 minutes ago, VetFM said:

Hi there TFF

Long time fan and user of your tactics here, and very pleased to see you're still in this from FM2020

Just a quick question. I've found a tactic called 'Zeus' made by you, but I don't see it listed here. Did you stop developing it, and recommend the 'Cerber' tactic for general use?

Hi mate,

Yes, I stopped developing it. Cerber and Fighter tactics have many advantages over Zeus tactic so I don't see a point in developing Zeus

53 minutes ago, VetFM said:

The reason I'm asking is that my squad is more fitted to a 4-4-2 formation (don't really have any natural AMCs), but there is no 4-4-2 formation in your tactics.

No necessary for "Natural" rating, in most cases "Competent" is enough but of course, "Natural" works the best

6 hours ago, VetFM said:

Hi there TFF

here's a link to TFF's 4-4-2 it's one of the best tactics.... for me anyway

Ok guys I’m interested to hear, who has been your best SHADOW STRIKER that you’ve had using this amazing TFF Cerber v4 tactic? 

On my current save with Newcastle Ihatttren is doing decent 

1st season -

played 30 / 3 goals / 10 assists 

tell me yours...

3 years up the division, until reaching 4th place in the first season in the first division, I guaranteed direct access to the Europa League and being the best coach of the year, a Cerber v4 tactic, it's just fantastic ... thanks TFF !!

1.png

Edited by MaGniSev3nth

On 29/04/2020 at 16:10, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

Cerber is more effective than Fighter

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am intrigued at what makes it more effective is it instructions or purely formation? I can see there isn't any change in the team instructions.

P.S I am a huge fan used your tactics for as long as I can remember. Currently Bath City in League two after back to back promotions using an edited Fighter tactic.

Hi @Totalfootballfan does this tactic come with preloaded instructions for free kicks? I’m finding that with both saves I’ve tried (in which the tactic itself is fantastic), I conceded SO MANY goals from free kicks being crossed in and headed in against me. 

ive got Jose Gimenez and Pavard as CB with Ederson in goal. Surely they should be sorting this? Or, should I alter things for free kicks or is this a ME bug etc? 

It’s honestly crazy that nearly every free kick on highlights against me, is a goal 

2 hours ago, Sharpy11 said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan does this tactic come with preloaded instructions for free kicks? I’m finding that with both saves I’ve tried (in which the tactic itself is fantastic), I conceded SO MANY goals from free kicks being crossed in and headed in against me. 

ive got Jose Gimenez and Pavard as CB with Ederson in goal. Surely they should be sorting this? Or, should I alter things for free kicks or is this a ME bug etc? 

It’s honestly crazy that nearly every free kick on highlights against me, is a goal 

Leave Tactical Brief to AssMan and its gonna be fine

9 hours ago, Sharpy11 said:

Hi mate,

Can you post "Conceded from IFKs" stats at the end of the season?

stats.thumb.png.dd7d1a766a3cb9ec265e0c7f0ee8677d.png

Using Cerber V4, absolutely destroyed Madrid in the Champions League Final.

I let my assistant take control of team talks, opp instructions ( he has high tactical knowledge ) and also let him do the team instructions during the game.

kek.png

Hi @Totalfootballfan

I've been using your tactics for many years and getting great success, thanks for all your hard work with creating and sharing them!

I have a quick question which may or may not have already been answered, but I'm using Cerber V4 and getting great results with my VFB Stuttgart team, winning multiple leagues and cups. The only problem I have is the performance of my wingbacks, they very rarely perform above a 7/10. I've spent lots of money buying different types of fullbacks/wingbacks but it doesn't seem to affect their performance. Despite this the tactic works great I was just wondering if this is normal or whether I need to do something to get them to play better?

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, mam2778 said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan

I've been using your tactics for many years and getting great success, thanks for all your hard work with creating and sharing them!

I have a quick question which may or may not have already been answered, but I'm using Cerber V4 and getting great results with my VFB Stuttgart team, winning multiple leagues and cups. The only problem I have is the performance of my wingbacks, they very rarely perform above a 7/10. I've spent lots of money buying different types of fullbacks/wingbacks but it doesn't seem to affect their performance. Despite this the tactic works great I was just wondering if this is normal or whether I need to do something to get them to play better?

Thanks in advance!

Hi mate,

I'm glad to hear the tactics works good for you...

About the wingbacks rating... I'd say that the rating not always accurately reflects the value of the work that a position does in the tactic and it just happens that some important work that a position does in the tactic isn't being valued as it should compared with other positions and you can't do noting about it and that's up to the algorithm that calculate the ratings 

21 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

I'm glad to hear the tactics works good for you...

About the wingbacks rating... I'd say that the rating not always accurately reflects the value of the work that a position does in the tactic and it just happens that some important work that a position does in the tactic isn't being valued as it should compared with other positions and you can't do noting about it and that's up to the algorithm that calculate the ratings 

I agree with this, for example you have two central defenders, one with being really good with passing and defensive responsibilities while other always lose his man and AI create chances because of him. For example if that worse defender scores from a corner in the beginning of the match and probably throughout whole match his rating will be better even though it's not the case.

Similar situation for example let's say you have two wingers and let's assume your right winger is better with creating chances and works overall better in match. Just because if he misses a penalty his rating will decrease significantly and you might think he performs like 1 rating point worse than the other winger but that's not the case if you watch the game in an extended or full mode. Own goals, simple mistakes and etc. works like this too. So rating can't be an absolute decision to judge on a player's performance I guess in general, you have to observe in-game situations more almost in every situation.