FM20 Tactics by TFF

I think that AssMan with high knowledge help alot with this tactic cuz he can provide some great OI's . 

The Tactic perform much better with good AssMan provide OIs.
But this would effect the lower league because they may dont have good AssMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, TA said:

@Totalfootballfan Wish you can figure some OIs
I dont wanna depend on my Assist Man
Cuz Low League cant have good Assist Man :(

Untitled.png

I've taken Wealdstone from VNL South to Prem in back to back to back seasons without using a single OI. OI are not important at all. I wouldn't worry about it.

13 minutes ago, bentheposh said:

I've taken Wealdstone from VNL South to Prem in back to back to back seasons without using a single OI. OI are not important at all. I wouldn't worry about it.

Really ? I have some test and my team perform significantly better with AssMan with good tactical knowledge. 

38 minutes ago, TA said:

Really ? I have some test and my team perform significantly better with AssMan with good tactical knowledge. 

My ass man tactical knowledge is 12, is this good enough?

25 minutes ago, Amnesia92 said:

My ass man tactical knowledge is 12, is this good enough?

My AssMan is Marcel Bout with Tactical Knowledge of 19
With Dortmund is Semen Altman also 19.
But i think that 15 or above is good though

23 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

I'm glad to hear the tactics works good for you...

About the wingbacks rating... I'd say that the rating not always accurately reflects the value of the work that a position does in the tactic and it just happens that some important work that a position does in the tactic isn't being valued as it should compared with other positions and you can't do noting about it and that's up to the algorithm that calculate the ratings 

Thanks for your reply @Totalfootballfan that does make sense, I will try not to be so harsh on my wingbacks in future then! I have had a lot of success with Cerber but I guess we're all looking for fm perfection!

22 hours ago, Rain Man said:

I agree with this, for example you have two central defenders, one with being really good with passing and defensive responsibilities while other always lose his man and AI create chances because of him. For example if that worse defender scores from a corner in the beginning of the match and probably throughout whole match his rating will be better even though it's not the case.

Similar situation for example let's say you have two wingers and let's assume your right winger is better with creating chances and works overall better in match. Just because if he misses a penalty his rating will decrease significantly and you might think he performs like 1 rating point worse than the other winger but that's not the case if you watch the game in an extended or full mode. Own goals, simple mistakes and etc. works like this too. So rating can't be an absolute decision to judge on a player's performance I guess in general, you have to observe in-game situations more almost in every situation.

Yes spot on thanks for your examples, I hadn't thought about this, I've had defenders score and then instantly get a 7+ plus rating only for them to make errors but still seem to keep a high rating! Also the missed penalty is the rating killer!

34 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

In my tests I see that setting proper OIs improves the result just about 2% :) but it requires a lot of efforts setting them

If this post gets 100 upvotes then I'll post a guide about the OIs...  I just don't want putting efforts into something if nobody needs it

By lots of effort do you mean that OI should be for example set differently for different formations of the opposition and changed whenever you face a different opponent?

If there are fixed OI's that even marginally improve the efficiency I am all for it.

Even if there isn't I am sure that there would be people interesting in squeezing out every ounce of efficiency from a tactic and doing thangs in a proper manner.

6 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

By lots of effort do you mean that OI should be for example set differently for different formations of the opposition and changed whenever you face a different opponent?

It requires inspecting the opponent, also, it requires tracking things during matches... as I said a lot efforts

2 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

It requires inspecting the opponent, also, it requires tracking things during matches... as I said a lot efforts

That for 2% efficiency increase doesn't sound like a worthwhile idea..

If you were to at least say to change oi's based on opponent formations I could go that far but to track things during a game and inspecting opponents is a bit overkill.

If it was say 10% maybe i'd take it in consideration but not two :hammer::idiot::lol::herman::onmehead:

I'll still upvote the post because I am curious to know what specifically you can suggest with the OI.

Also would it be a bad idea to ask a assistant with extremely high tactical knowledge to do your OI as some ppl do?

Edited by magicnut

8 hours ago, magicnutt said:

If there are fixed OI's that even marginally improve the efficiency I am all for it.

Even if there isn't I am sure that there would be people interesting in squeezing out every ounce of efficiency from a tactic and doing thangs in a proper manner.

it doesn't require a lot of effort at all OI literally take 30-40 seconds to set every game and this is coming from someone who's broken almost every record on the game, gone unbeaten in a season, won 74 games in a row, gone 30 games unbeaten internationally and won every international tournament, of course using TFF's old Raptor V4 tactic though he does deserve some credit for creating that tactic.

2 hours ago, delaneytomlinson said:

it doesn't require a lot of effort at all OI literally take 30-40 seconds to set every game and this is coming from someone who's broken almost every record on the game, gone unbeaten in a season, won 74 games in a row, gone 30 games unbeaten internationally and won every international tournament, of course using TFF's old Raptor V4 tactic though he does deserve some credit for creating that tactic.

can you explain your process on how you set them mate ?

Also do you use your ass man to do anything or do you do everything yourself ?

I think as far as the great two tactic creators on here, TFF has been very underrated this year. Cerber doesn't seem to get enough love. The fact that knap has released about 200 different tactics might not be helping.

I know @Totalfootballfan might not agree, but i feel like a 442 variation is this years strongest formation.

7 hours ago, delaneytomlinson said:

Lad you don't even know yet exactly what tff even proposed and yet you popped on here boasting about what you won and how many games you gone unbeaten and this and that and the third which I couldn't give a rat **** about and thats just me cutting to the Chase.

Before estimating how much effort it will take I want to know specific propositions regarding the OI which tff mentioned would bring about a..2% in efficiency? even if that took 40 seconds a game for 2% in efficiency doesnt sound interesting.

1 hour ago, magicnutt said:

Lad you don't even know yet exactly what tff even proposed and yet you popped on here boasting about what you won and how many games you gone unbeaten and this and that and the third which I couldn't give a rat **** about and thats just me cutting to the Chase.

Before estimating how much effort it will take I want to know specific propositions regarding the OI which tff mentioned would bring about a..2% in efficiency? even if that took 40 seconds a game for 2% in efficiency doesnt sound interesting.

Calm down mate ok 

6 hours ago, smithy20 said:

I think as far as the great two tactic creators on here, TFF has been very underrated this year. Cerber doesn't seem to get enough love. The fact that knap has released about 200 different tactics might not be helping.

I know @Totalfootballfan might not agree, but i feel like a 442 variation is this years strongest formation.

200 tactics with Liverpool...

22 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

In my tests I see that setting proper OIs improves the result just about 2% :) but it requires a lot of efforts setting them

If this post gets 100 upvotes then I'll post a guide about the OIs...  I just don't want putting efforts into something if nobody needs it

Yeah if you said so .
But at first Cerber or Anhil or even Fighter doesnt work for me . 
And somehow suddenly after settings AssMan take Tactic Brief and OIs things seem to work great for me. Thats why i would suggest you to do that. With me Better is Better no matter what. But still your choice :D .
Cheers mate :D 

57 minutes ago, alevr77 said:

200 tactics with Liverpool...

That's the thing, most folk just want to 'plug & play' with a tactic, and I'm the same.

I don't have the patience or energy to spend 30 minutes on each match.

Cerber v4 for some bizarre reason just isn't that great for my team, I have found raptor v4 tactic (narrow in possession) far superior. Thanks @delaneytomlinson

Anyway when folk do their tests are they going on holiday mode or actually playing the game? 

I play only commentary because I'm ol skool and I've never managed to win a champions league final convincingly, they always go to pens.

The game is heavily dependent on morale and I know folk that have frozen their teams morale on 'perfect' using FMRTE, as they feel the AI can screw you over out of the blue for no fault of your own.

442 raptor v4 has been the best for me.

Edited by Amnesia92

18 hours ago, Bcfclee27 said:

can you explain your process on how you set them mate ?

Also do you use your ass man to do anything or do you do everything yourself ?

there really isn't a process you just set individual OI's to the most dangerous players on the opposing team, if you have a good assistant manager you can get them to do it for you every game.

13 hours ago, magicnutt said:

well i'd say it's more than 2% efficiency just because TFF say's that doesn't mean it's true

14 hours ago, magicnutt said:

You know what isn't fair is this guy insulting another poster and it standing up ages later whereas I get warnings and deleted/edited posts purely for complaints about gameplay or even not being directly relevant to the thread. It's almost like people are fine with other people getting ripped on instead of a virtual game.

13 hours ago, Amnesia92 said:

That's the thing, most folk just want to 'plug & play' with a tactic, and I'm the same.

I don't have the patience or energy to spend 30 minutes on each match.

Cerber v4 for some bizarre reason just isn't that great for my team, I have found raptor v4 tactic (narrow in possession) far superior. Thanks @delaneytomlinson

Anyway when folk do their tests are they going on holiday mode or actually playing the game? 

I play only commentary because I'm ol skool and I've never managed to win a champions league final convincingly, they always go to pens.

The game is heavily dependent on morale and I know folk that have frozen their teams morale on 'perfect' using FMRTE, as they feel the AI can screw you over out of the blue for no fault of your own.

442 raptor v4 has been the best for me.

I had good results with Cerber and Annihilator for a few seasons, then the results went really downhill for an extended spell. Switched to one from FM Base’s test pile and did far better. ‘‘Tis the price one pays for not taking the time to make and develop them yourself!

12 hours ago, delaneytomlinson said:

well i'd say it's more than 2% efficiency just because TFF say's that doesn't mean it's true

Lad here's the problem:

While everything tff says might not necessarily be true one must choose who's words to believe based on my own judgement of the credibility of a person.

When it comes to judging what tff says I give him benefit of doubt over ANYTHANG that you say.

Again: just because tff say it doesn't mean its true doesn't mean it isn't also the other way around : just because you say it doesn't mean its true.

Also check your inbox and read the message I wrote to you in private and kindly stop boasting about your "achievements" to try to warrant yourself credibility.

Edited by magicnut

7 hours ago, magicnutt said:

Lad here's the problem:

While everything tff says might not necessarily be true one must choose who's words to believe based on my own judgement of the credibility of a person.

When it comes to judging what tff says I give him benefit of doubt over ANYTHANG that you say.

Again: just because tff say it doesn't mean its true doesn't mean it isn't also the other way around : just because you say it doesn't mean its true.

Also check your inbox and read the message I wrote to you in private and kindly stop boasting about your "achievements" to try to warrant yourself credibility.

No one was boasting and even if I did I can boast as much as i like and you can't do nothing about it, in fact this forum is full of people showing off their achievements. I based my 2% efficiency thing on my results, for example TFF created Raptor V4 but he removed it months ago because it wasn't one of the best tactics based on his own judgement but iv'e encouraged people to use it through my tweak/results and they're very happy about it and TFF has no problem with it either.

Maybe I shouldn't of suggested that TFF's opinion might not be true as he has 100 times more experience playing FM than I do and he comes up with good judgements majority of the time, no need to be toxic on these forums iv'e seen you chat s*** so many times before for no reason and making excuses saying you're just "cutting to the chase"

13 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

No one was boasting and even if I did I can boast as much as i like and you can't do nothing about it, in fact this forum is full of people showing off their achievements. I based my 2% efficiency thing on my results, for example TFF created Raptor V4 but he removed it months ago because it wasn't one of the best tactics based on his own judgement but iv'e encouraged people to use it through my tweak/results and they're very happy about it and TFF has no problem with it either.

Maybe I shouldn't of suggested that TFF's opinion might not be true as he has 100 times more experience playing FM than I do and he comes up with good judgements majority of the time, no need to be toxic on these forums iv'e seen you chat s*** so many times before for no reason and making excuses saying you're just "cutting to the chase"

Lad first of all I want to say I have a desire to put our beef aside but that can only be achieved if you show more patience and tolerance and not try to desperately push your opinion through.

"and even if I did" why can't you at least be man enough to say straight up that you did?

Lets clarify a few things. When TFF makes a statement about a tactic such as estimating efficiency improvements , removing old less efficient tactics etc, TFF (as he expained on numerous occasions before) uses OBJECTIVE TESTING METHODS to ESTABLISH THE EFFICIENCY AND STATISTICS ABOUT A TACTIC.He doesn't go by what "other people told him" or his opinion but rather measured numbers. I understand ever so clearly now why tff tests in FIXED conditions such as freezing all morale /fatique jadedness etc.

I never say anythang without a reason. EVERYTHANG I say has a reason and EVERYTHANG I say has a justification and EVERY argument I make is based on objective facts.On the other the arguments I've seen you make are based on your "opinion" and your subjective thoughts and ideas. Lets agree to disagree. All I am suggesting is you don't respond to my posts further or at least if you do stay humble about yourself and don't use you "achievements" to justify your credibility as you CLEARLY and BLATANTLY did and aren't even man enough to admit. Just stay humble and use facts to argue instead of your opinions. 

Thanks.

Edited by magicnut

2 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Lad first of all I want to say I have a desire to put our beef aside but that can only be achieved if you show more patience and tolerance and not try to desperately push your opinion through.

"and even if I did" why can't you at least be man enough to say straight up that you did?

I never say anythang without a reason. EVERYTHANG I say has a reason and EVERYTHANG I say has a justification and EVERY argument I make is based on objective facts.On the other the arguments I've seen you make are based on your "opinion" and your subjective thoughts and ideas. Lets agree to disagree. All I am suggesting is you don't respond to my posts further or at least if you do stay humble about yourself and don't use you "achievements" to justify your credibility as you CLEARLY and BLATANTLY did and aren't even man enough to admit. Just stay humble and use facts to argue instead of your opinions. 

Thanks.

Yes no worries lets move on from this, I don't have a real problem with you anyway.

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

@delaneytomlinson @magicnutt generally can we consider this issue between you both done?

It's derailing the thread a fair bit and isn't adding anything to the discussion.

As I mentioned in the reply I have a desire to but the beef aside , as long as the user doesn't instigate any more beef with me there are no more issues :) 

Edited by magicnut

4 hours ago, magicnutt said:

As I mentioned in the reply I have a desire to but the beef aside , as long as the user doesn't instigate any more beef with me there are no more issues :) 

All this talk of beef has made me hungry 

For those that use RAPTOR V4, any tips to improve my central midfielder pair? I mean they're good, get usually 7.0 rating each match but don't really score or assists.. I did set them specific training for their specific position but no improvement..

By the way I have been using raptor v4 for 5 seasons now with Leipzig and won 2 straight UCL for the last 2 season! 

5 hours ago, yoodu14 said:

For those that use RAPTOR V4, any tips to improve my central midfielder pair? I mean they're good, get usually 7.0 rating each match but don't really score or assists.. I did set them specific training for their specific position but no improvement..

By the way I have been using raptor v4 for 5 seasons now with Leipzig and won 2 straight UCL for the last 2 season! 

That's good going mate, are you using the original raptor v4 tactic or the narrow in possession one?

Hey TTF, been using your tactics for a really long time and 99% of them were working brilliantly for me. 
Unfortunately CERBER v4 it's a complete fail. I tried it with Roma (only bought Belotti in my first year) and Charlton (promoted and won PM with Raptor and Executioner - strong team overall - once I changed to CERBER everything crumbled) so far and with both it gave me very inconsistent results. In my honest opinion the 442 tactics that you developed were the best for this year's ME. 

I will switch to Raptor and Executioner for the time being, but I hope you'll revisit them in the near future :)
Wish you the best man! THX for the tactics!

3 hours ago, Squirtless said:

Hey TFF,

Tactics are the best but i have a problem with them. Too many cards in all tactics. How can i fix this?

First page

YELLOW AND RED CARDS

Please notice that all positions in the tactic have “Tackle Harder” PI which means that you need to control your players’ tackling aggression during matches in order to avoid getting a man sent off so if during a match you see that someone of your players gets booked then go to the tactic menu and add "Easy Off Tackles" PI to this players or otherwise there’s a high risk that this player gets a second yellow card/red card.

15 hours ago, yoodu14 said:

Hi mate, I use the narrow in possession one! 

It's rare for central midfielders to score but not rare to assist, if you want midfielders that do both they should have excellent technical stats.

Edited by delaneytomlinson

Does any one have success with shield wall late in the game?

I understand you shouldn't go too soon with it but as soon as i do switch to it the highlights come thick and fast.

It's like a suicide button for me.

Hey guys,

ı got stucked in 3. season with wolves.

first season ı won FA cup, uefa and 4th place in PL
second season lost against barcelona in sixteen CL and 3th place PL

But this year Ceber v4 didint work for me. I played with my friends network game. 
in 5 matches  draw 2 lost one game.  and doing nothing in mathces cant score and easily score against me.

I changed my coach team. Generally they have 4-2-3-1 prefferd formation.   does it make a big impact?

image.thumb.png.55b69363ad74338a8975b4683674c40b.png

image.thumb.png.0b7dcbe49fefcf4c1ff0346688d093c6.png

image.thumb.png.4a20a0475e8754ea44a320fd5c45e740.png
image.thumb.png.075234a2f00867138fbf0dcbf2142547.png

2 hours ago, Piav86 said:

Does any one have success with shield wall late in the game?

I understand you shouldn't go too soon with it but as soon as i do switch to it the highlights come thick and fast.

It's like a suicide button for me.

Yes for me it's fantastic but I play the game using only commentary because I'm ol skool....

I go 'shield wall' if I'm leading in a tough match away from home and the opposition rarely scores

Edited by Amnesia92

Thanks a lot for CERBER, its working wonders. You just need to train the players on their playing positions and try to put those with good finishing / longshot stats on the wings.

Won the league first season with Saint-Etienne... ok got a bit lucky but not bad for the first try with CERBER.

Transfers: Just bought Andre Andersson from Lazio.

1558633393_Saison19-20ASSE.thumb.PNG.c0fb1765b77c5491e764c022797dbd04.PNG