[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

229725503_ZParmaCalcio1913_logo-400x400.thumb.png.e13208b102b4c903c814de81c72bd941.png

Ninth update.

Europa League Special: 2020/2021 Journey

Decided to do a special update on our European adventure in the 2nd season.

In my 6th update, I did a recap of how we did in the Qualifying rounds. Below's just a quick overview, as we had to overcome Frankfurt, Rangers, and Marseille to play in the Group Stages.

Spoiler

Eoofl8k.png

wIVVrQN.png

KuqAXs8.png

y7UJJt4.png

nRUQQHQ.png

l2IgPIO.png

4Fs15R9.png

The Group Stage!

Spoiler

Group L's teams and the results:

Spoiler

JZeejCB.png

mTRlvMh.png

ecvyftJ.png

sDH5wdx.png

RAGM34Z.png

Dlmi8o3.png

ErsAEtn.png

Final Group L Table and All Results:

Spoiler

DAaWf65.png

EXvf0CM.png

Did we do enough to get out of the Group Stage?

Spoiler

Yes! Finished top of Group L!

First Knockout Round

Spoiler

rXO70A0.png

cJtxuwR.png

ZsfQGKD.png

z4OEmZI.png

Second Knockout Round

Spoiler

I8wq7n6.png

a2nxY7U.png

3H7XWk0.png

zw0CtND.png

Quarter Final

Spoiler

uACDzjC.png

LW1ktl5.png

Cj9XTru.png

rTngGzr.png

Semi Final

Spoiler

9yKou4V.png

KXx0wMh.png

DDFYrdz.png

gMmLxec.png

B8x3HVF.png

Final?

:(

Full Knockout Rounds Results

Spoiler

NkrFBwH.png

Europa League Journey: The Review

Spoiler

5EimOX9.png

What a ride!

When the final whistle went, I was speechless as it just hit me then that it was over, that it might be Kulusevski's last match in Europe for Parma, his last goals.. I was stunned for a few minutes, saved then quit the game then went downstairs staring at my plate of food :lol: FM, eh?

But I wouldn't have it any other way! Never have I experienced my player scoring in every game in Europe! Kulusevski really loved playing in Europe so much, that I had to sacrifice him in Serie A.

I was saddened that Kulusevski might not be back with Parma after this and this was the best chance to try get a trophy together..

1VV0Qv9.png

Look at this, and how much it meant to Kulusevski to be scoring all those goals in Europe for Parma! Back to back away games, 1st leg of Burnley and 1st leg of Napoli matches, where he scored in the first minute! He broke his record twice in a matter of weeks!

KpsaG7b.png

Have to say the turning point was Pezzella getting injured in the 1st leg against Napoli. It reminded me in the home 2nd leg lost that Parma had a good functioning defensive unit, but individually, we are far from the best. After Cistana scored an own goal, Darmian made a mistake for the 2nd goal, whilst Gagliolo (filling in at LB) made a mistake for the 3rd. Bruno Alves (replacing Gagliolo at LCB) actually had the best game out of all 4 defenders (at 6.9 rating).

qK0FWUD.png

I haven't press continue since the last game in Serie A, a story for another update on it's own! So, the final is 3 days away.. In my mind, I will the attend the match, with Kulusevski sitting next to me :D

jJKbmJM.png

Because why not after a performance like this in the competition?

Next update: End of Second Season!

Edited by quee

First season in Serie A and we broke Bari's highest league position record with a solid 6th and Europa League qualification! Juventus reclaimed the Scudetto after a two-year Napoli reign.

A crucial narrow win against Roma in the penultimate match of the season sealed it despite the fact the players gave up a lead to lose to Torino on the final day. Had Fiorentina not been held to a goalless draw against bottom-of-the table, Genoa I would've slipped to 7th and landed in the new "Euro Cup II" instead (which, interestingly, has been won by Italian clubs in both of its first two seasons, Atalanta and Lazio). 72 points would've put me in 4th with CL qualification in each of the previous 3 seasons. 

image.thumb.png.44a1635480dce39be36f0f00721513a9.png image.thumb.png.58fd15bd805f70d7121acce79085cb59.png

Juve's success means the ultimate job remains unavailable, unless Sarri is poached. Only Inter and Roma have open spots - I don't want to give up playing in Europe to join Roma, and I have too much self-respect to go to Inter, so I've decided to remain at Bari! I already rejected big job interview offers from clubs in England, Germany, Greece, Denmark, and Belgium. Interestingly, no manager has been with their current club for longer than 4 seasons Sarri and I have survived, meaning no manager started with their club before the 2019/20 season I began the save at the start of.

image.thumb.png.5aceb53c5cedb86dadca42a6cba8dbe6.png

I'm hoping I've got a good chance at winning Manager and/or Manager's Manager of the Year come December. Seems odd they have a calendar year award period and not a seasonal one, but I digress. 

image.thumb.png.25c7c3a6df35bca53c2ffe5c1a274b12.png

Might do a part two with transfers and such later. I still have a lot of posts above to catch up on and read through too!

Edited by Weston

1 hour ago, quee said:

Ninth update.

Europa League Special: 2020/2021 Journey

Decided to do a special update on our European adventure in the 2nd season.

Finished my edit! Have to say, using imgur is making my post and images looking a lot better! Happy with it! :D

Though, my sizing, resizing, and cropping are all over the place :lol:

Edited by quee

Took over At Lazio after 2 great seasons at Liverpool needed a new challenge. lets see what the Serie A brings ;) 

Made some quality signings that I think can make me challenge for the league aswell.

Also probly had the maddest game ive ever had in all fms since ive played 4-3 away to inter an they missed two pens and a late Leroy Sane winner :applause:

Football Manager 2020 Screenshot 2020.04.20 - 16.18.37.45.png

Football Manager 2020 Screenshot 2020.04.20 - 16.44.54.24.png

Football Manager 2020 Screenshot 2020.04.20 - 16.45.16.92.png

Welcome, @DaaNMaaN!

Lucky that the big 3 are still at Lazio, and you added Fabinho and Assensio who are good loan signings.

Surprised you sold Strakosha to your old club, though :lol: In my save, he's fast becoming the best GK in the game.

1 hour ago, Weston said:

First season in Serie A and we broke Bari's highest league position record with a solid 6th and Europa League qualification! Juventus reclaimed the Scudetto after a two-year Napoli reign.

A crucial narrow win against Roma in the penultimate match of the season sealed it despite the fact the players gave up a lead to lose to Torino on the final day. Had Fiorentina not been held to a goalless draw against bottom-of-the table, Genoa I would've slipped to 7th and landed in the new "Euro Cup II" instead (which, interestingly, has been won by Italian clubs in both of its first two seasons, Atalanta and Lazio). 72 points would've put me in 4th with CL qualification in each of the previous 3 seasons. 

image.thumb.png.8b7f08686ade43b2d81b52b2ac7b60a1.png image.thumb.png.58430f3c748c05c47f73bfdd0393b742.png

Juve's success means the ultimate job remains unavailable, unless Sarri is poached. Only Inter and Roma have open spots - I don't want to give up playing in Europe to join Roma, and I have too much self-respect to go to Inter, so I've decided to remain at Bari! I already rejected big job interview offers from clubs in England, Germany, Greece, Denmark, and Belgium. Interestingly, no manager has been with their current club for longer than 4 seasons Sarri and I have survived, meaning no manager started with their club before the 2019/20 season I began the save at the start of.

image.thumb.png.fdd0135eec9960d8c17462404e464135.png

I'm hoping I've got a good chance at winning Manager and/or Manager's Manager of the Year come December. Seems odd they have a calendar year award period and not a seasonal one, but I digress. 

image.thumb.png.25c7c3a6df35bca53c2ffe5c1a274b12.png

Might do a part two with transfers and such later. I still have a lot of posts above to catch up on and read through too!

45 minutes ago, quee said:

@Weston the first 3 images on your post are broken/missing. Only the last one seems to be working for me (already tried refreshing).

Great job on getting into Europe in your first season back in Serie A!

Weird, they're showing up for me. Edited above and see below:

image.thumb.png.44a1635480dce39be36f0f00721513a9.png

image.thumb.png.58fd15bd805f70d7121acce79085cb59.png

image.thumb.png.787aca01d2750f10e7e95715ccc70c59.png

40 minutes ago, quee said:

Welcome, @DaaNMaaN!

Lucky that the big 3 are still at Lazio, and you added Fabinho and Assensio who are good loan signings.

Surprised you sold Strakosha to your old club, though :lol: In my save, he's fast becoming the best GK in the game.

Thanks :thup:, Ino he wanted to leave and I need the money to improve the squad as it was thin, but yer im stuck with my second choice keeper see how he does hes started ok 

33 minutes ago, Weston said:

Weird, they're showing up for me. Edited above and see below:

It's showing now in the edited post and the one you posted below this. But when you quoted it, it was still missing :lol:

Happy to see Parma surviving in 2023 :D

5 minutes ago, quee said:

It's showing now in the edited post and the one you posted below this. But when you quoted it, it was still missing :lol:

Happy to see Parma surviving in 2023 :D

I've got an incredibly difficult run of fixtures to kick off the first full month of the league. Meanwhile Parma went from barely surviving to top of the table! Of course, it's only two games in.

image.thumb.png.7235ed973885b64bf9fcdb05747c61bc.png

image.thumb.png.e42ab38ada111e51ac2fa78ebca98acd.png

10 games into the first season and we are currently in the 4th position in the league but the distances are so small. We are already out of the Cup after we lost 3-2 away at Sassuolo in the overtime. No tactical genius here so going with one of the default setups and its working pretty well for us so far. Our best 11 looking like this with some decent partnerships forming especially in the middle of defense and between the three midfielders. 

FC-Crotone_-Overviewe620849abdf3cc2c.png

16 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

10 games into the first season and we are currently in the 4th position in the league but the distances are so small. We are already out of the Cup after we lost 3-2 away at Sassuolo in the overtime. No tactical genius here so going with one of the default setups and its working pretty well for us so far. Our best 11 looking like this with some decent partnerships forming especially in the middle of defense and between the three midfielders. 

How's your B2B performing? I was using a similar tactic here but my B2B was having terrible performances, I was using the defensive midfielder as dlp(s), one of the centre midfielders as advanced playmaker (s) and the B2B.

231154994_ZParmaCalcio1913_logo-400x400.thumb.png.4ed7605524b66c80be26c27d5712e49a.png

Tenth update is here!

End of Second Season 2020/2021

Results for fixtures from January to May 2021:

Spoiler

hfLyxLD.png

Matches I want to highlights - Title run-ins?

Spoiler

64tYYzb.png

The reason why I was never confident that I would win Serie A! 4 big teams in a row, just after the Semifinal lost against Napoli.

zlxvM2y.png

In the first half of the season, it was only 3 games against the same big teams. 4 points out of 9 was decent, but it was coming after a straight-forward Malmo game.

0JKcpZy.png

Lazio must be a re-arranged fixture somewhere? It would have been better without them in the last month!

6 points out of 12, means we were unable to finish top.

Besides,

n6RM8IZ.png

The last 2 games against Inter and Juventus were meaningless in terms of the title, as Atlanta had won it 3 days after the Lazio's game.

Ni3kKGm.png

Radu came out big against parent club, Inter, by saving an injury time penalty! Drama! :D

qdsd27a.png

King Kulusevski again! 2nd time he got this headline :D

c2hsPAo.png

2 penalties saved in the last match against Juventus, with Radu again saving his 2nd penalties in 2 games before the final whistle! If only Inglese had scored his as it turned out (see table below)...

Final table for Serie A 2020/2021:

Spoiler

xAYhQSC.png

Napoli pipped us into 2nd place!

I was genuinely surprised by this, as I was sure 2nd place was secured, but Napoli won their last 6 games in Serie A, whilst Parma only got 7 points in the last 6 games.

So, Napoli had both beaten us from appearing in the Europa League Final and preventing us finishing 2nd in the space of a few weeks..

This is how new rivalry are made :lol:

Congratulations to Ancelloti, though! They will be a challenger next season, I feel.

Serie A stats:

Spoiler

dUdR6zx.png

Surprised Kulusevski made it into the top 3, as he only played in 23 games, 1 of those as a sub.

Ronaldo was out for almost 4 months with a broken ankle, and he still finished top of the chart.

8Cb85Xd.png

Parma Stats:

Spoiler

WmVA0gK.png

Wanted to see if Kulusevski can manage to finish above 8.0 average ratings, but it wasn't to be.

Parma squad Stats:

Spoiler

HUxAkmx.png

End of season Review:

Spoiler

What a season! What a season it could have been!

Would I have wanted to win Serie A and Europa League? Definitely. Was I disappointed to miss out on both? Of course. But, what an emotional journey, draining but nothing like it!

Lots of positives and things I will always remember: Kulusevski, the 2 goalkeepers sharing their minutes almost by half, Pezzella creating good goals from left back, the partnership between Palmucci and Kulusevski, the emergence of Palmucci..

Inglese did improved on his goals this season, scoring 17 compared to 13 in the first season. I feel after learning 'Move Into Channels', he's playing better. Happy with this improvement.

Can it better? Yes. Made some mistakes here and there, but it's fun! Delighted that it was Atlanta who won the title, but next season I think Napoli will be the main favourites.

Performances:

Spoiler

Best Player

YnAomZw.png

Best Young Player

bEuGqLn.png

Most Improved

P1kHwsB.png

Mr. Consistent

QRzgSn2.png

Best New Signing

uCbzlec.png

Our Captain

y2k2MIm.png

It looks like he will carry on playing next season, as he reached his extension as early as November!

ZR8mKBs.png

The fact that he finishes the season with an above 7.0 average rating in 32 games is very impressive, for a 39 years old, who's losing his stats all over the place.

It was a testament to him that with our lack of depth at the back, that he was still able to perform and play well enough. If he scores next season, he will break the Oldest Goalscorer record held by Parma's legend and current Director, Alessandro Lucarelli. His #6 jersey is retired at Parma, that's how much of a legend he is!

Buffon already took his Oldest Player record, I'm not sure if I want Bruno Alves to take his goalscoring record as well, tbh :D

Next update: End of Second Season Awards!

Edited by quee

2021/2022 preseason update:

transfers:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.f4f907f05a2cc15c0f711f7fd6e57cfd.png

squad:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.8b5e2c2e8112c2ea386a363e43e0a7ee.png

We still got 58 million transfer budget but I'm happy with the squad we have right here and think we can compete well. We did raise our wages by a lot but I feel it's still ok with UCL money, raised sponsorships and I think we will sell a couple of these players in a year or two anyway for a profit.

Hansen was a pretty interesting transfer. Ajax wanted 25M for him. Obviously we weren't paying that but a loan with optional buy clause of 30M was a decent deal I think. Also thinking about if we should pull the 15M clause for Salcedo.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.e7602806a7e99765a0f7ba4d8e719883.png

These expectations seem rather low based on the last 2 years but I will take it. 

AC Milan - Season 2: January Transfer Window Update

The Budget Moise Keane?

OK, so that may be a bit of a stretch...after reading @WilsonJuve’s post about Moise Kean running wild I got a little envious and thought what a great pairing he’d make up front with Rafael Leao - two fast, athletic goal scorers developing together and restoring AC Milan to world-wide dominance! I MUST HAVE HIM! I thought to myself! And I set out to get him!

Unfortunately I only had £21m and could get nowhere near Everton’s asking price....

Imagine my fury to have Suso (worth £32m) and Silva (worth £20m) out on loan in the last year of a two year deal made before I took over the club. £50m sat there which I’m unable to use, which added to the existing £21m would’ve given me over £70 million to spend!!!! Fuming.

So, if I can’t have Moise Kean I’ll have to have the next best thing.....so I set about finding a budget version who I could afford!

Kean’s best attributes are his finishing, bravery, work rate and electrifying pace. So those were the attributes I searched for and there were a few decent options, unfortunately a couple were older than I wanted until I came across Dušan Vlahovic from Fiorentina

And I bought him for £17m after some tough negotiating. Kean is 20, Vlahovic is just 21 and has 5 star potential.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s no Moise Kean but he’s not massively far off. If you look at the player comparison chart of the two players you’ll see that whilst Kean is quicker, Vlahovic is better in the air and at attacking in general. I think if I rotate Dušan with Jovetic and put him on double intensity training with additional focus on Quickness he may make good improvements.

Will be a good experiment and maybe in a season or 2 i may compare the two of them again. 

Other Transfer News

There was no other comings or goings for AC Milan other than promising striker Lorenzo Colombo going out on loan to Frosinone in Serie B. I desperately tried to get rid of Davide Calabria & Andrea Conti as both are behind Hans Hateboar so one of them ideally would have been sold but no one was interested.

The largest transfer in Serie A was Arsenal’s left back Saed Kolasinac joining Inter for £33.5m.

9973EEBE-0BC9-4D0A-BADC-D79F1925EF10.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

How is Zanellato for you? I'm actually interested in buying him now as I liked what I'm seeing, after he was recommended to me by my  scouts. It is rare to find Serie B player that can be good enough for Serie A!

10 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

AC Milan - Season 2: January Transfer Window Update

The Budget Moise Keane?

OK, so that may be a bit of a stretch...after reading @WilsonJuve’s post about Moise Kean running wild I got a little envious and thought what a great pairing he’d make up front with Rafael Leao - two fast, athletic goal scorers developing together and restoring AC Milan to world-wide dominance! I MUST HAVE HIM! I thought to myself! And I set out to get him!

Unfortunately I only had £21m and could get nowhere near Everton’s asking price....

Imagine my fury to have Suso (worth £32m) and Silva (worth £20m) out on loan in the last year of a two year deal made before I took over the club. £50m sat there which I’m unable to use, which added to the existing £21m would’ve given me over £70 million to spend!!!! Fuming.

So, if I can’t have Moise Kean I’ll have to have the next best thing.....so I set about finding a budget version who I could afford!

Kean’s best attributes are his finishing, bravery, work rate and electrifying pace. So those were the attributes I searched for and there were a few decent options, unfortunately a couple were older than I wanted until I came across Dušan Vlahovic from Fiorentina

And I bought him for £17m after some tough negotiating. Kean is 20, Vlahovic is just 21 and has 5 star potential.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s no Moise Kean but he’s not massively far off. If you look at the player comparison chart of the two players you’ll see that whilst Kean is quicker, Vlahovic is better in the air and at attacking in general. I think if I rotate Dušan with Jovetic and put him on double intensity training with additional focus on Quickness he may make good improvements.

Will be a good experiment and maybe in a season or 2 i may compare the two of them again. 

Other Transfer News

There was no other comings or goings for AC Milan other than promising striker Lorenzo Colombo going out on loan to Frosinone in Serie B. I desperately tried to get rid of Davide Calabria & Andrea Conti as both are behind Hans Hateboar so one of them ideally would have been sold but no one was interested.

The largest transfer in Serie A was Arsenal’s left back Saed Kolasinac joining Inter for £33.5m.

9973EEBE-0BC9-4D0A-BADC-D79F1925EF10.jpeg

crazy Moise Kean on my save is worth only 5 million.

4 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

Oh didn't know

It is one way some transfers worked around the non-EU rules in the past. They arranged another Italian club to buy the player before bringing him over to the club. An example below:

In January 2005, he moved to Italian Serie A club Chievo. Due to Serie A regulations that impose a cap on the number of non-EU players clubs can sign from abroad, Júlio César could not join Inter Milan at the time and was initially registered to Chievo through a deal between the two clubs.[14]

Inter Milan[edit]

In July 2005, following a deal between Chievo and Inter, Júlio César officially signed a three-year contract with Inter.[15] The deal cost Inter €2.45 million.[16]

1 hour ago, quee said:

How is Zanellato for you? I'm actually interested in buying him now as I liked what I'm seeing, after he was recommended to me by my  scouts. It is rare to find Serie B player that can be good enough for Serie A!

2 hours ago, LucasBR said:

How's your B2B performing? I was using a similar tactic here but my B2B was having terrible performances, I was using the defensive midfielder as dlp(s), one of the centre midfielders as advanced playmaker (s) and the B2B.

To small of a sample size of games to decide on performances. In addition half of them are against Serie B really poor teams, so even if one player performs I doubt it's relevant as to him being ready for Serie A football. Will take a closer look in the winter at how we are doing position by position.

Question: what’s your guys approach towards squad makeup. Now we have star players and important players, do you set a limit of how many of each you have? It would be easy to end up with 6-7 star players if you’re not careful and who knows how that could end...

Transfer Roundup:

I'm still working with very small budgets, but squad building is probably my favorite thing to do, and I love the transfer market. I had ONE single solitary owned player in a squad full of loans in Serie B, and now heading into my second year in Serie A I now have a solid base, in large part because I signed many of those loaned players on Bosmans or very low pre-arranged fees smaller than their market value. This is the joy of bringing in young players on loans in Serie C, they grow up with you, and then join for real once you make it to the top.

image.thumb.png.113b65d4ef66dd49ba2207e92daefdfa.png

image.thumb.png.da531b085be55322f10eb5ac52c474d5.png

image.thumb.png.8f35cb30aaacf831cbf76ee23f0c5247.png

image.thumb.png.7c4232c44ce1b223ebfb6693abf649b1.png

image.thumb.png.edf0ac3e8d08110d855b490c6802c58f.png

Dimarco is a unique case - he got a 7 month injury in the very first preseason friendly of last year, so I cancelled his loan so he could heal back at Inter. Then there was a bug where it wouldn't let me sign him on a free pre-contract even though he wanted to join, which I managed to work around by meeting Inter's asking price and then using the editor to move the transfer money back. I bought a cheap Brazilian LB to replace him for the year and then sold him this year to make a small profit and clear up another non-EU space.

I couldn't get the best one, though. He scored 69 goals in 101 glorious appearances for us from Serie C up to 2nd top goalscorer behind Ronaldo in Serie A before his parent club sold him to Barca. Miss this lad!

image.thumb.png.0aac7cfd864901649092fd6b0101ef89.png

Of course there were other exciting transfers, both free and otherwise, the highlight being this goalkeeper I've been trying to sign for ages. I managed to barely meet his release clause, but he had no interest in joining me. After courting him restlessly his other deal fell through, and I swooped in. With Plizzari just as good at the moment, and paradoxically both a new signing and team leader, I sent Gonzalez back on loan for a year with the ability to recall, and he promptly got injured anyway. Curiously, he demanded I give him #18. I love a bit of personality!

image.thumb.png.e068cd2c42b817e4b4683cacebcd01a9.png

Two other clever little things I love to do - find a serviceable ambidextrous fullback that can simultaneously be 3rd string for both sides (got this one for free). A lot of my play goes through attacking wingbacks, and I rotate/sub the two on each side almost every game, so an injury to any of those 4 is a real pain that needs alleviating with this lad.

image.thumb.png.e7dee36b71b24f74bbe6035fbcbf9066.png

The other? Sign a non-EU player from a domestic club (so he doesn't count toward this year's allotment) for very cheap/free so I can sell him outside the country next year to open up that second slot without having to sacrifice a player I want to keep. This backup keeper from Atalanta does the trick, for just 54k! (This is, amusingly, who got injured in under 3 hours after arriving at the club.)

image.thumb.png.c852ba062bf06409d89862a1e0cc3bcc.png

As I said I'm still dealing with pretty small numbers, but I did enjoy this one, and it helped me pull off much of the above:

image.thumb.png.ef4c533f2161962dd46d4bf0c928576d.png

The only really bad thing to happen so far is, I only own two CBs and am loaning the others, and the one who isn't 33 wants to join Real Madrid. The fees being offered by them and the other 6 clubs courting him were too low, so though I accepted his request to be transfer listed, I've rejected every offer. I'm kind of hoping this just blows over once they lose interest, but I'm not sure. CBs have been rare - I've found some very good young ones, but they're either not ready, unaffordable, being signed by bigger clubs, or all of the above, so I want to hold onto this lad if I can. May be a long season if he's just upset all year with no end in sight, driving down his value...

image.thumb.png.6c9663b8f7445cef441685fc0a505bc8.png

Edited by Weston

Catania 19/20

Well overall it was a good season.

Unfortunately we got Chievo Verona in the Italian Cup and went out 1-0 in the second round.

The league was much better however and in the end we finished in second place behind Catanzaro (whoever they are they sure had a good season).

end_league_table.thumb.jpg.442bb8ece52c439b4a9e35485f7ac3b3.jpg

In the playoffs we beat Reggina & Bari to set up a final against Alto Adige.

I was expecting a close game since it was the final but it was in fact the easiest of the lot, the only match we dropped was away vs Reggina.

alto_adige.thumb.jpg.212c3996198f0ea6d649cf040e7cbe65.jpg

Stand out players

kevin_cannavo_end.thumb.jpg.20e455a8b944d48314730f324a3c0826.jpg

Kevin had a great campaign getting nearly 30 league goals, unfortunately Empoli have decided they want to give him a chance in the first team so it shall be bon voyage to the wonderful loan striker :(

1113626298_davidedimolfetta.thumb.jpg.d8db9ee289749059d18cce331a9ca307.jpg

It turns out we don't actually have many good players currently but Davide was an assist machine and will continue to be a starter next season.

Youth intake

There weren't many good prospects this year but I did get a couple who might end up making the bench in the future.

20200421035239_1.thumb.jpg.b341168550368b6077c9bc7b9d35eade.jpg

20200421035256_1.thumb.jpg.87b95eb848fb38937589ee0b73f25a51.jpg

Next Season Aims

season_end_club_vision.thumb.jpg.a250b9fd3e45bc92d53c2c27b4a52770.jpg

I've been given a £2 million rise in the wage budget (only have about £100k transfer budget though) & the board want us to fight bravely against relegation. However we were nearly in financial ruin towards the end of the season so I will try to keep the squad fairly slim.

I plan to try and use the loan market and get in free signings, whilst selling off as many players as possible. Hopefully lots of Serie A teams will entrust us with their young wonderkids :D

3 minutes ago, ajt said:

In the playoffs we beat Reggina & Bari

4 minutes ago, ajt said:

Kevin had a great campaign getting nearly 30 league goals, unfortunately Empoli have decided they want to give him a chance in the first team so it shall be bon voyage to the wonderful loan striker :(

I shouldn't help you because you beat my beloved Bari ;) but try offering for Kevin again later in the transfer window, they may change their mind. Alternately, try again in January. I've had luck with both in the past. That being said, Empoli may really use him if they got relegated to B, which they likely did.

9 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

I’ve never been able to get a thing out of a PF. Any tips?

It depends what you are looking for, but I think it's important to realise it's an aggressive role when defending but not when you have the ball (except if you use a PF on attack duty).  For example, I play on a Balanced team mentality and a PFs is classed as "cautious" in the player instruction screen.

I have used a PF on support instead of a Target Man with some success, as the player will still hold up the ball but he is less static, and he closes down defenders more.  He doesn't necessarily need players up alongside him (like another ST or an AML & AMR) but don't expect him to hit 30 goals a season if you leave him too isolated, and if he is in a defensive or support role then he'll often be more of a provider than a goalscorer.

For any PF duty I'd look for a player with good levels of work rate, team work, a decent amount of pace and acceleration(or a lot for a PFa), stamina, fitness and bravery.  

9 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

I’ve never been able to get a thing out of a PF. Any tips?

Hmm, I can't really say or explain the technical side too well. It's just a role I started preferring when I first got back into FM with FM19 (my previous before that was FM15).

I think, more than anything, is how the team is setup to play instead of just the striker's individual roles. I liked my team to press, and Inglese is quite good at it. He scored 2 or 3 goals after winning a ball by himself (tackling or intercepting), and a few other chances.

I wouldn't say it's the best role, though, as his ratings can be quite low for a striker and maybe not enough goals? But for a club the size of Parma, I'm happy with his numbers.

In the first season, he tends to get 6.5-6.6 rating (when not scoring) because he couldn't win any headers, according to the analysis. In the 2nd season, his standards is 6.8 rating, when he was not scoring or assisting. I think this is because of his new move into channels trait, and his movement have been great to create space for himself and others.

So, overall, quite happy with it. Cornelius, who is my 3rd choice backup, plays as TM-S. Just a different option to bring off the bench. Adorante (my 2nd choice) is also a PF-A like Inglese, though his pressing is not quite yet there yet.

I tend to like my striker to have a physical presence up front, hence why I rarely go for speedy striker alone. Apart from PF and TM, I like Trequartista next if I have the player for it (like in FM19), but now I definitely looking for PF only.

7 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

Question: what’s your guys approach towards squad makeup. Now we have star players and important players, do you set a limit of how many of each you have? It would be easy to end up with 6-7 star players if you’re not careful and who knows how that could end...

I think Star player should definitely be one, at most, at least for a club the size of Parma. Important player maybe one in each position, for those with more than one position, a mix of important and regular starter (for example CBs and CMs).

The problem would be downgrading their status, as some of us had discussed here previously in another post. When to do it for it to be safe?

Edited by quee

252.png?lm=1438591281

Genoa – summer 2020 transfer business.

I didn’t renew any contracts in the first season, and decided to let go anyone who was out of contract in June 2020.  The only tough decision was Ghiglione, who did well enough at right back but SPAL were willing to pay him £18k a week and I wasn’t.

Major moves out were:  Pandev (Astana on a free), Ghiglione (SPAL on a free), Behrami (AEK Athens on a free), Gumus (Hamburg for £1.3m), Schone (Galatasaray for £700k), Lapadula (Brescia for £3.9m).

I can’t get rid of Cristian Zapata and his high wages, even offering him out for free resulted in no takers.

Transfers In:

Firstly, I’d like to tell Simone Inzaghi that I love him!!!  You’ll understand why in a minute.

Right midfield:  Ricardo Kishna was released by Lazio. A very good ball carrier, signed on a 3 year contract but I did have to give him a £5m release fee for Champions League teams.

Centre midfield:  Adama Traore was released by Monaco. Another good ball carrier who can play through the centre.  Despite being a Mali international he does have French nationality as well, so doesn’t count as a non-EU player. 3 year deal.

Defensive midfield: Danilo Cataldi. I though Inzaghi was kind/crazy releasing Kishna, but he released Cataldi as well!!  A super all-rounder, I did have to make him my highest paid player but got him on a 5 year deal, before any of the other interested parties even put a bid in. He wanted a relegation release clause of £5.25m.  No problem, we’re not going down with likes of him in my team.

Goalkeeper: Marco Sportiello for the princely sum of £600K from Atalanta, who had him transfer-listed. Very reasonable wages and in on a 4 year deal.

Right back:  Nathaniel Clyne was released by Liverpool.  Unsurprisingly, there was competition for his signature so I had to make him one of my top earners.  3 year deal.

Second choice goalkeeper:  Simone Colombi joined for Parma on deadline day.  A good backup for only £155k and on low wages. 3 year deal.

Very happy with the business done.  All bar Colombi should be in my first XI and I only spent just over £750k in transfer fees, though I am at my wage budget limit (Clyne and Cataldi took up quite a chunk of my remaining wage balance).  Next up, time to get the 20/21 season started!!!

Excellent bit of wheeling and dealing there, @Fraser! Loved it, my kind of transfers! :D

Cataldi is a huge coup! Would love him in my Parma side.

I haven't sold Colombi as he's my 3rd choice GK, but he's only played 1 game for me. I might let him go if I can find a decent 3rd GK, as he should be playing more, at his age :D

Halfway through the season. Sitting in third place. Official goal is playoff, but I would ideally like to get promoted.

Spoiler

u07ZN1J.png

Best players are still Folorunsho, Elustondo and Morganella, but this guy has been on the rise lately.

Spoiler

IH0HVKK.png

6 minutes ago, n1mez said:

That is correct. They wanted his full salary in this season for a loan, and i could not give him that. 

I extended his loan in January 2020, so I could only have him until June 2021.

Should have done it in the summer of June 2020 for any extensions, so I can have him until June 2022.

Lessons learnt!

2 minutes ago, quee said:

I extended his loan in January 2020, so I could only have him until June 2021.

Should have done it in the summer of June 2020 for any extensions, so I can have him until June 2022.

Lessons learnt!

Yeah that sucks. He was really valuable for me. Excellent player

1 minute ago, n1mez said:

Yeah that sucks. He was really valuable for me. Excellent player

I will bring him back! Even if he's 35 years old :lol:

He's valued at £51m in June 2021, unlikely I can get him anytime soon.

Fourth season finished with Cesena. Got knocked out of CL in the group stages - worked out nicely as I would have had no chance at winning it whereas Europa was doable. Europa league also had the first two knockout stages as one leg ties, which I haven't seen before. Schedule got really sketchy around the knockouts, I think I went through a 22 day period with a game every 2 days or something absurd like that.

Spoiler

Table.thumb.jpg.b9b23d6a76daf02a933388fe631a851f.jpgFixtures.thumb.jpg.b2b89075001a289468744087a4ab2ae2.jpg

First team only contains 3 of the players who start the game at Cesena, with 3 more kicking around as backups (GK and a couple of old midfielders). Difficult to progress with many more I suspect, as a lot were quite old or just too bad to move up the leagues - two of these guys are already pushing it really. Lo Faso in particular is a disappointment, as he is I assume the highest potential player they start with, but I found the fact he can't actually either pass or shoot made him too hard to get performances out of. Signings have come from scout reports and agent touting, with staff signed only based on replies to job adverts.

Spoiler

20200421113000_1.thumb.jpg.d773cffe9423890ff4be68e08efde314.jpg20200421113005_1.thumb.jpg.9cbdfc2de32706510a9e89c231c1abd0.jpg20200421113010_1.thumb.jpg.a8cc337435b648ddbd4ef21d29e914ea.jpg

Star players have been wingers and Pellegri in general - mistakes have been made in developing Francisco Conceição without having an agreed fee in place (which normally allows high quality players at prices reflective of their former reputations). Porto now want around 80m, which I could neither afford nor justify. Daniel Maldini has been fantastic, winning Serie A player of the season twice in a row. Theo Zidane has overcome the difficult few seasons of him starting out with terrible attributes to actually become a contributing member of the squad. I don't think either have it in them to be as good as their fathers though, sadly.

Spoiler

Maldini.thumb.jpg.606cc8c605efdeba92d970264fd33781.jpgZidane.thumb.jpg.8a80dcb371b4ea48f2e344c63d76f28e.jpg516011700_Conceio.thumb.jpg.a3cf7fdb41be9170261a064747e3d669.jpg

From bottom league to consecutive Serie A wins, with a treble (Europa so not a real one) for good measure. Have to decide whether to scrap this save or try to push for a CL win now, also if persisting whether to continue down the route of signings based on scout reports and agent touting or just go all out trying to get a silly team full of the kids of players I remember (have a Zidane, Thuram, Maldini and Conceição (on loan) at the moment).

Edited by Stackalee
grammar

Just received notification of my youth intake for 2024 in my Milan-save. Mostly garbage, but one prospect who could be the new Rino Gattuso:D

bilde.thumb.png.4d5e8752d432232c3766a25e6e098a5f.png

20 aggression! Will train him as a ball winning midfieler.

Edited by Vizzini