2nd Patch

One to add: If you select no comment in a press conference, DONT ask me the same question again.

Interviewer: You could make a real statement about your intentions in this match and go on the attack from the first whistle. How will you approach this game?

Me: No comment.

Interviewer: You appear to be indecisive on this issue. You could make a real statement about your intentions in this match and go on the attack from the first whistle. How will you approach this game?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One to add: If you select no comment in a press conference, DONT ask me the same question again.

Interviewer: You could make a real statement about your intentions in this match and go on the attack from the first whistle. How will you approach this game?

Interviewer: You appear to be indecisive on this issue. You could make a real statement about your intentions in this match and go on the attack from the first whistle. How will you approach this game?

Yes, very annoying. Why is a no view comment indecisive?

Another thing for the patch 2. When adding or removing favored personel from a club in the editor, in the game names of none existent players/personel suddenly appear as extra in the club legends/icons etc. It seems there has to be a minimum number of favored personel for every club, for else the game adds a few extra...

As this game still has so many bugs i.e champions league groups drawn incorrectly, transfer system still not working properly, sacked scouts still scouting, international matches and league games being played at similar times so my man utd team has 14 players missing for the visit to tottenham, I was wondering when I will be able to play the game.

I dont want to get a refund as im aware that fm08 was awful until the 3rd patch so when will this game be complete so we can patch it up again?

I really dont want to wait until january.

However if SI think this game is now playable and have no immediate plans to release a 2nd patch please could you inform me now so that I can get my money back until game is fixed.

Thankyou.

my cl groups were drawn fine in season 1. are you sure you bought the game or are you playing the game via updating the Demo ?

Transfer system ? So what if you pay 3x the player value for a superstar, happens in real life. Man Utd wont let ROnaldo go for next to nothing. International matches ? That's what you get when the Olympics & South American matches are on. SImple, Don't buy many south americans or classy youth players around that time.

Also I have not come accross anythng remotely close to sacked scouts still scouting. My only thought with that would be to remove anything associated with those specific scouts in all aspects of your club screens eg - shortlist.

The game is much more playable after the 1st patch than some people think.

So many errors. I'm sorry but it's an absolute joke. There is no way there would be this many errors in the fully released game with proper testing haven taken place. There was even a patch released on the first day FM09 came out, what does that tell you?

That's been happening for a few years already. what's your point ? WHy is the game an absolut ejoke ? you are not helping at all. State why you thinkthe game is a joke? What bugs do you have that make the same so unplayable

Pathetic....part and parcel of football? i had 2 injuries in the 1st 15 mins of the 1st friendly after having the game feeze 6 times, both players out for 2 months!, im yet to play my 2nd game due to this feezing *****

Look at the epl injury list. there are half the teams that have atleast 1 long term injury. Most clubs have 3+ players out at the same time since the start of the season.

Manage your players better and your injury list wont be as bad. If a player falls below 80% condition replace him, simple ! I've been doing this for the last 2 months in the game & my injury list has halved as a result.

Part and parcel of what football??

Three players injured in one single game? Over 10 players injured at once in a squad?

I'm glad I don't watch the same kind of football hehe

So obviously you don't watch the epl right ?

Chelsea - 8 injuries

Newcastle 7

West Ham 6

Manchester 5

Sunderland 5

not only 2 weeks ago, Arsenal had up to 9 players out at 1 time.

That's been happening for a few years already. what's your point ? WHy is the game an absolut ejoke ? you are not helping at all. State why you thinkthe game is a joke? What bugs do you have that make the same so unplayable

What do you think my point is? They should have done proper testing of course. And it's a joke because it doesn't work due to so many bugs. And I have stated bugs in the appropriate threads but I expect not to tell the people who I'm giving my money all of the bugs in the game. And there is only so many bugs I can spot out myself, loads of people will be spotting them and become as frustrated as I am.

What do you think my point is? They should have done proper testing of course. And it's a joke because it doesn't work due to so many bugs. And I have stated bugs in the appropriate threads but I expect not to tell the people who I'm giving my money all of the bugs in the game. And there is only so many bugs I can spot out myself, loads of people will be spotting them and become as frustrated as I am.

well the only bug I have had with FM09 was the conflict with my graphics card. That has been fixed with the lovely 1st patch. By the sounds of it the 2nd patch will/should be released before the end of the year quite easily. Maybe even in the 1st half of December by the looks of it. I wonder how many people will still be complainging after they install it. Especially about their lack of player management when it comes to Injuries.

The second patch SHOULD be released by the end of next week. World Cup Qualifiers clashing with Champions League fixtures, players being signed on a pre-contract then going to sign on for another club, recurring interview questions one after the other, activation problems, not being able to view the match in 3d (Nvidia GeForce 8500GT and 1GB RAM), gaming running incredibly slow. They're just a sample of the problems I've incurred.

Please for the second patch, make every screen with a vertical scroll bar (such as shortlists, scout results etc.) remember its previous position if you click on a player and then return to the list with the back button. Some screens have this features (eg. player search) others don't (eg. scout results)

Thnaks!

well the only bug I have had with FM09 was the conflict with my graphics card. That has been fixed with the lovely 1st patch. By the sounds of it the 2nd patch will/should be released before the end of the year quite easily. Maybe even in the 1st half of December by the looks of it. I wonder how many people will still be complainging after they install it. Especially about their lack of player management when it comes to Injuries.

Ohhhh!The game is perfect for you!Close the IE explorer and enjoy your game!

All of us except you are just joking here!The Bugs forum have so many topics are just for fun!!

And remember NOT to patch 9.0.2 when it released!

So many errors. I'm sorry but it's an absolute joke. There is no way there would be this many errors in the fully released game with proper testing haven taken place. There was even a patch released on the first day FM09 came out, what does that tell you?

Yeah,it has happened every year,always a lot of bugs,a lot of explainations,same questions,same answers.

They want us to test the game not them selves,they are used to this and never work hard to make sure the game is OK for play,some bugs are so abviously so that I cant believe they even tested the game before it released!

They are working hard on the FM-ONLINE as that can earn them much more money!

This is in part due to a lack of understanding of the system, and poor wording of the options in some cases I feel.

You first have three options, to answer the question, to give no comment, or to storm out. If you choose to answer the question you then have five more options, which are basically: Strongly Agree, Agree, Not Sure, Disagree, Strongly Disagree. Unfortunately for that question, it gives you a second "No Comment" option which is actually saying "I'm not sure". Whereas what you think you're trying to do is answer the question by saying "I'm not going to reveal my tactics before a match, I have my own ideas". This ought to be different to a blanket 'No Comment' out of the first 3 choices which you're probably interpreting as "That question is not relevant" or "You shouldn't be asking me that."

I can't understand why we're basically given an 'unsure' option, because who is ever going to use it, it's just misleading as what the text says doesn't actually match the answer you're giving.

The question that particularly bugs me is when they ask which part of my team I feel is strongest. The option is saying that you feel all areas of your team are strong, they take it as you saying you don't know or you're unsure, and ask you again. You don't want to be asked again, you want to make it clear that you have faith in your entire team. In this situation, the seperate 'No Comment' option should again be a way of saying you wont even discuss team affairs with the media.

Hope my interpretation of the media interaction helps you in future.

I don't understand why they can't fix the injuries. I know their goal is to make it realistic. We're not asking you to not have injuries. But clearly midfielders don't run twice as many kilometers as defenders in real life and don't die by the end of every match. Clearly not every match requires 1-2 injury substitutions like now. Clearly when you get a knock and run it off after the game you don't get a month long injury every time.

Fixing offseason condition is fine, but the problem is more pervasive than that. I don't know if it's just pride or what, but the injuries are clearly NOT realistic. The game is borderline not fun anymore. And this was my most anticipated game for the past half a year.

Yeah,it has happened every year,always a lot of bugs,a lot of explainations,same questions,same answers.

They want us to test the game not them selves,they are used to this and never work hard to make sure the game is OK for play,some bugs are so abviously so that I cant believe they even tested the game before it released!

They are working hard on the FM-ONLINE as that can earn them much more money!

This is a little unfair on the developers. I understand the frustration when there are issues with the overall game engine. Such as the registration bug in the previous version, or the text input in the demo. Such bugs ought to be found in the testing of the game, rather than by the end user. However, the match engine is an entirely different scenario. The developers have told us time and time again that a tweak in one area can have a knock on effect across the whole match engine. We know that this year's match engine has been more extensively tested than before (as it has been used in FML as well), however, in beta testing there were no doubt plenty of things that were passed back to the developers to be fixed. Once these things are fixed, it's probably affected the match engine in some other unanticipated way. Eventually they reach release day and they can't keep throwing it out for further testing. In FM2008 I think it took 3 more patches to really hone the match engine to something they were comfortable with, this is after extensive testing by their own team, and the end user. It's not an easy process and I think we can accept that.

As we were told at university on my course, testing can only find bugs, never prove their absence. Things get missed until they are mass tested by a huge end-user audience. I do agree that certain errors in the overall game should have been found before the game went to production, but I don't count the match engine as one of these, as it seems to need to be worked over a large number of iterations and be given extensive testing before it can be finely tuned.

Look at the epl injury list. there are half the teams that have atleast 1 long term injury. Most clubs have 3+ players out at the same time since the start of the season.

Manage your players better and your injury list wont be as bad. If a player falls below 80% condition replace him, simple ! I've been doing this for the last 2 months in the game & my injury list has halved as a result.

This is such a misrepresentation. Let's just look at a real life player in comparison. Xavi. Over his 10 year career he's had 1 serious injury where he missed nearly a whole year and a couple of injuries where he's missed a month or two. Obviously week long injuries as well. He rarely gets substituted, he plays 35+ games every year.

Now if you manage him on FM 09, you might be able to get those results. And by manage I mean if you substitute him after 60 minutes every match and don't ever start him at below 95% condition. But is that realistic? I can just imagine if you tried to play him 90 minutes each game in FM09 he'd probably be injured the whole year.

That's the whole point, it's not like people are saying injuries are unrealistic. We get it, some clubs sometimes have a string of bad luck and they end up having 5-6 injuries at the same time. But they don't keep getting 5-6 injuries throughout the whole season. And people don't just get injured if you leave them on the pitch for a full match. That part of it is NOT realistic. I shouldn't have to substitute a player like Xavi off @ 60 minutes every match just so he can play 2 matches in a row. That just doesn't happen.

I don't have FM09, patched or unpatched yet, so I can't comment on the specific bug. However, whereas SI might have over-egged the condition element, I can understand the need to improve it over FM08. I've long been exploiting the fact that I can have my whole team on high closing down and high tempo for every game season after season with no ill-effects. It shouldn't be like that and I welcome the challenge of having to consider the disadvantages of these tactics so that I may use them more selectively. If I continue my old strategy into FM09 I bleedin' well ought to cripple my squad. Maybe this is a major factor in the high amount of injuries people are facing - I don't know; can anyone confirm this?

I don't have a problem with injuries, I have sufficient backup (2 players per position)++ so I rotate and so on. Though the best players obviously play the most.

Actually I don't mind anything except that my midfielders tire very easily. Though most of them have good stamina.

They never last an entire match.. :p Unless at 100%.

We are working on a 9.2, no release date set yet though.

Regarding injuries - you can minimize them by:

- Not buying or playing injury prone players

- Managing your players' fitness, eg not wearing them out in matches especially when they arent match fit

However they are part and parcel of football and hence you will, like all teams IRL, go through peaks and troughs with them.

So while I will be tweaking injuries a bit further for 9.2, it wont necessarily mean less, just a more realistic spread.

1. Will the patch be released late December?

2. Or in Mid Feb + data update

Thanks

This whole argument with injuries is a bit farcical in my view.

Too many people play with their training levels too intense, then the player is knackered before he plays, then get's injured.

Getting 5+ injuries in a squad is very common nowadays, the level of fitness players have will always make them borderline for injuries.

The game is faster, stronger and more demanding.

I have always found in FM that when I have a few injuries, as they come back into the squad, the numbers tend to fall away. Of course it can and does happen again.

It is part and parcel of football, and that is a fact.

This whole argument with injuries is a bit farcical in my view.

Too many people play with their training levels too intense, then the player is knackered before he plays, then get's injured.

Getting 5+ injuries in a squad is very common nowadays, the level of fitness players have will always make them borderline for injuries.

The game is faster, stronger and more demanding.

I have always found in FM that when I have a few injuries, as they come back into the squad, the numbers tend to fall away. Of course it can and does happen again.

It is part and parcel of football, and that is a fact.

I'm still playing the demo, but the injuries are way over the top. I originally gave it the benifit of doubt, but I just started a new game with a lower league side and I literally had to quit 3 matches into the season (And I do reduce the training levels after the fiirst two weeks). I had all 5 strikers injured, plus 4 other players in a 22 man squad. That left me with 13 players. I started the next match and had 3 players hurt in the first 14 minutes (and I don't use hard tackling). I could not use my youth players because of the 20 players on the youth team, 10 were injured. Because I have no reserves, the youth players played a reserve match 3 days after a youth match. That pretty much wiped out the squad. In fact every midfielder and striker. I only had defenders and keepers left. I admit this is probably a one off. But it is a bit insane.

I'm still playing the demo, but the injuries are way over the top. I originally gave it the benifit of doubt, but I just started a new game with a lower league side and I literally had to quit 3 matches into the season (And I do reduce the training levels after the fiirst two weeks). I had all 5 strikers injured, plus 4 other players in a 22 man squad. That left me with 13 players. I started the next match and had 3 players hurt in the first 14 minutes (and I don't use hard tackling). I could not use my youth players because of the 20 players on the youth team, 10 were injured. Because I have no reserves, the youth players played a reserve match 3 days after a youth match. That pretty much wiped out the squad. In fact every midfielder and striker. I only had defenders and keepers left. I admit this is probably a one off. But it is a bit insane.

The injuries were to severe in the demo, this has been fixed in the patch for the full game.

err thats why they released the patch for the game when it came out, try downloading the patch if and when you buy the game. Injuries are a lot less.

i haven't had a problem with injuries, i have put together a decent sized squad for spurs, only major injury i have had is Bale (out for 3 months).. no not King or Woodgate who hasn't been injured all season...

I haven't played around much with the training, but i have a range of decent coaches that give me 6 or 7 stars through out the training, and 2 trainers for each section. I get about 1 injury every 3 games, a few minor niggles here or there.. Worse time my squad had - was during december in the first season when i had lots of matches all at the same time, and decided for some stupid reason to just keep playing the same players... in the end half of them ended up injured - it was my fault considering i ran the poor players into the ground, and didn't rotate my team around when i should have done so.

it is pretty simple: don't overtrain your players, and don't play them if their natural fitness level is below 90% before the game, just put them on the subs bench to bring them on in the last 30 minutes. That way you are continually playing players that are match fit, and don't ever bring back a player from injury too soon you are asking for trouble.

Oh and don;t forget - rotate your squad, that is what you have a squad for, and if necessary blood a few youngsters as well.

Ok then so leave the injury bug alone if SI think its how it should be

BUT........................

Can SI fix the crashing, constant freezing, and the same player twice bug on the tactic screen ???

i cant play the game due to the above, my pc is high spec and plays a game like crysis fine so its not that. not that i think anyone from SI will take time out from counting the £££ to answer this question.

My game is going back to Game today if nothing is done about it, the game is faulty and a full re fund will be coming my way, its a waste of money just sat here doing nothing other than getting me so mad.

i have almost completed my 1st season and have picked up the odd injury here and there but nothing to be concerned about. If a player of mine starts to get to 70% condition then I look to sub him. If he drops below that I start to worry he will get injured. Works fine for me.

I'm Lazio and have 6 injuries from 21, not too bad to be honest.

I think it's the harshness of injuries rather than the quantity that makes it worse than it is.

There are so many month to season long injuries instead of like 1-2 weeks.

My captain, Cristian Ledesma, was just ruled out for 5 months.

I also agree that injuries are completely fine now. I've had a mini injury crisis in my season, but it was quite realistic.

The game is by far and wide the most stable I have ever seen on a release day. Thoroughly addicted I must say.

no problems with injuries. pre season i had a friendly every 6th day. didnt use players below condition 90 and i barely have any injuries, most of them were in first friendlies. i am already thinking that its unrealistic that i have so less (i am in january of the first season)

The data editor crashes and corrupts data. Fix it.
It is as helpful as it can be considering I don't have the game myself

Oh my goodness. Now I've seen it all. He doesn't even have the game yet and he jumps onto the forums to demand a fix for it?

As for the injuries, I did have a lot of them when i started playing FM09 at first. But after I changed my training a little I've had very few injuries. Really guys, all it takes is a bit of "managerial prowess" to get through this.

Great job SI. Thanks for all the hard work.

Can't tell why, but my Olympiakos squad had no real injury problems even without the patch!Mabye because I never take the overall training intense over medium, and i have strenght and aerobic high at pre-season (never intense). What i have to say is that after patching I still see an enormous amount of long shots, almost every time a player gets in a little difficult possition with no obvious pass, even if he has run with the ball set to often and long shots to little.Trying a pass that goes wasted seems more realistic in this situation i suppose. Secondly, after patching i came up with a problem i didn't have even before!Sometimes at tactics screen my AMC and STR appear double after trying some changes, as if i had 13 players on the pitch.Nevertheles, i think the game ia as now quite fine and highly playable.Minor bugs may still be there but i won't miss all the fun because of them.

Well I'm actually really happy about the injuries in 9.01 !

I had only ONE injury up until october (now I have two injuries) !

Actually I was happy when I got the injured players because I felt there were too little injuries.

The injury table looks also fine (no club more than 5 injuries).

Guys check the injury table in your league. If you are having more injuries than every other team, it's YOUR fault. Lower the training, especially for players who play every match. E.g. C.Ronaldo should have no more than "light" workload if you want him to play every league and Champions League match.

Of course it can be bad luck if half your team is out despite of light training. However you should always compare to the injury table

Injuries arent a problem anymore, certainly not to the point where it makes the game unplayable or even unrealistic, Just a minor tweak for length and maybe spread over the season, however Im having no problems at all with injuries as I manage my squad quite well, decent preseason training to get them to 100% then as posted earlier if a player drops below 70-75 % i sub him

Once a season starts and your playing 3 games in a week any manager or player will tell you they are never 100% fit this is why so many managers ask for winter breaks and no international friendlies during the season etc. So If you dont start the game 100% fit your gonna drop to a lower and injury prone level, also lighter aerobic and stregth trainng during the season will minimise injuries

Half of my Arsenal squad out injured, but hey, not 1 or 2 weeks, we are talking about months:eek:.

This is trully ridiculous.:rolleyes:

Cheers

My Arsenal side had always 6 or 7 players out for over a month, as soon as someone came back, someone else got snapped.

However i cruised the league and CL ;)

I have no injury probs...

Usually have 2-3 players out (One is long term though.. 5 months with a broken leg... Eduardo anyone?)

I train my boys on medium (up on 4th bar, so flirting with training being "Hard")

So with that in mind it all seems fine... IF anything im lucky to have only 3!

However I do think condition drops a bit too quickly - maybe its because my entire squad is under 21... Or maybe I should lay off the intense training for my 'every-game' players...

Like stated, look at the table. If they are all abnormally high, Its a problem. If only your team is abnormally high - Then change what you are doing...

I could deal with my team getting nijured for a week or two weeks,

In the same game:

Van Persie got a knock, Pat Rice thought he could run it off, he is now out for 2 months.

Arshavin did his cruciate ligaments out for 5months, subbed on Eboue.

In the next game:

Eboue did his cruciate ligaments out for 5 months.

I'm sure those who are complaining about injuries realises that they are part and parcel of the game, but they are wrong. Not many players get injured through exhaustion to be fair tip-toeing around their fitness because its dropped under 85% with 20mins to go is not what this game should be about.

All you smart arses who are changing you schedule to light during the season as if thats the right thing to do and anyone who's not is stupid. This just isn't the case in real life, you have to train hard to keep fit.

All the additions are fine, but sort the injuries and the stuttering 2d match engine out. If it works on FM08 fine, why can't you keep it in for 09?

Top game on the whole, but its infuriating.

Archived