Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing a save with west ham. In FM 23 the home matches I can win with any tactic. 

The problems are with the away matches. I can't win most of the away matches in this year's beta.

And the board keeps sacking over the away results. Any tactic suggestion which can help in away matches?

Screenshot (23).png

@knapI am facing kinda the same issue as swagata1998 above. 

I am having difficult time in away games with almost all tactics, but my main issue is that even with a team as man United I am losing the away games at Liverpool or big European matches with 3/4/5 goals differences.

I don't mind losing those games as they are the most hard games of the season, but losing them by such a goal margin each time with almost any tactic is difficult to take.

It actually seems that any team you are playing away and who dares to press and goes for victory can win against player team with these high press/tempo tactics, but luckily enough ATM only those very top teams are smart enough to try that.

Would you advise using a separate tactic for those 3/4 games each season, where you are away at one of the global superstar teams? What actions would you take, no counter press, low block, ?

15 hours ago, knap said:

ME 23.0 BETA

HOLY GHOST FIRE 4231 POSSESSION P15 EC CC

ME23.0HOLYGHOSTFIREKnap41231POSSP105EC.fmf 46.71 kB · 264 downloads

1220102458_Screenshot(2108).thumb.png.f2bd4a8214d4839e0ba256c38d5a3645.png2143038675_Screenshot(2106).thumb.png.fda6a211c040fab5fdbffb38b8e28bdd.png390052477_Screenshot(2107).thumb.png.3b2562be4786088f4e05792919d201bb.png

So here is the Brighton squad I am going to be using with the above tactic.

image.thumb.png.676e4c39407bb65807f8398deaf8d034.png

image.thumb.png.d4f8eac42230ec40e60c9ae5fba32fc0.png

My transfers in & out

image.thumb.png.f572ef5963446b5a2b1fd738e96c49d4.png

I have only had the one result but loving how it plays so looking forward to seeing how the next few fixtures play out.

@DavyDepuydt1

The me side has an advantage so you will always be under the cosh.

1st try dropping mentality even to very defensive.

Because tactics are still high press, so Man marking (guide in docs post) AI outlets will generate a full press disrupting their gameplan

5 hours ago, davecrossley33 said:

So here is the Brighton squad I am going to be using with the above tactic.

My transfers in & out

image.thumb.png.f572ef5963446b5a2b1fd738e96c49d4.png

I have only had the one result but loving how it plays so looking forward to seeing how the next few fixtures play out.

Very nice choice of transfer. My tip for a busy transfer windows: try to stick to one main squad on friendly, and slot in as many "Team bonding" and "Community outreach" in training as possible. The green link will soon appear and after that your team will roll.

7 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

@knapI am facing kinda the same issue as swagata1998 above. 

I am having difficult time in away games with almost all tactics, but my main issue is that even with a team as man United I am losing the away games at Liverpool or big European matches with 3/4/5 goals differences.

I don't mind losing those games as they are the most hard games of the season, but losing them by such a goal margin each time with almost any tactic is difficult to take.

It actually seems that any team you are playing away and who dares to press and goes for victory can win against player team with these high press/tempo tactics, but luckily enough ATM only those very top teams are smart enough to try that.

Would you advise using a separate tactic for those 3/4 games each season, where you are away at one of the global superstar teams? What actions would you take, no counter press, low block, ?

We zijn dat toch gewend hé met Zulte Waregem ;-) 

@knap is it normal to be getting a insane amount of yellow and red cards using your tactics, or is that some update to the engine? i'm getting easily 3/4 yellows a match and regularly red cards. Is this just one of the concessions for the tactic to work or am I doing something wrong here?

Edited by PoolFan
typo fix

@knap now that mentalities are reworked so much, what is your best advise when you took the lead in a narrow game (or game you are slightly dominating). Is it still "I just leave the mentality as it is for most matches", or does the reworked system leans more to "go defensive when you think it will be hard to keep the lead"

hi everyone 

i am testing holy 433 , warrior 442 and electric 4123

I find this 23.0 Beta ME the worse of all times. so illogical and with so many rubbish moments .

scoring ratio vs shots by the AI are huge and Human very little,

suddenly AI scores 2 or 3 goals , to many late goals,

too Many yellow and red cards,

shots vs shots on target ratio are ridiculous to hit the net 5 times my teams shots 20 times.

another issue is playing against a much weaker team and sometimes they completely dominate the game.

i find difficult to get a positive feedback because I get the sense that this ME doesn't work correctly, I don't know If anyone else has similar opinion

thanks @knap for all your awesome work who helps everyone so much and all other players who keep giving input about the game