Fmrte

Jinner Jamie

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ruci, great tool so far!

Could you comment on whether these next features/improvement will make it on FMRTE somewhere in the future:

1. When you change the kit colours, only the kits change in the game. The club colours (background + text) on top of the screen stay the same. They don't seem to change with the kit colour in this version. I've also seen teams with different kit colours and team colours. Are club colours hard coded or is there another way to change them?

2. Will player names be editable in a way that you can write a complete new name instead of selecting a different existing name (in the database).

3. Same as 2 but with club names.

4. Will it be possible to hide PA when you open a player window?

5. Will it be possible to edit the CA/PA directly from the team selection overview without having to open the player window.

6. Will there be some sort of basic scout function added that allow you to search for players by age, CA, PA, nationality?

7. Many of the regens have ridiculously common names or just plain wrong names. Belgian regens have in 80% of the cases spanish names, while IRL this only happens 0,08% or so. Therefore I change many of the players their name by entering a completely new name as a nickname. Could it be possible that the nickname is also displayed in the team selection screen?

no, it doesnt requires SP3 for XP, at least it shouldnt, as you are not the only one with that error in WinXP, and because i just have windows vista installed, i will install windows xp SP2 in my laptop and see if i can find the reason to that problem..

sorry man

Uhm, ruci..

anynews on this one?

i have the same exact problem with okozumasa :S

Installed .NET framework, still crashes.

Although I'm not sure if the framework installation was completely successful (I got a multiple BSODs on reboot after the install and some problems later as well), but when I finally managed to boot up to Vista, it does show up on my "programs and features" and also windows update history shows an installed hotfix for it, so I guess I must have it if windows is able to update it.

The .net frameworks installer was weird, by the way. First I downloaded the 250+ MB installer and then the installer wants to download 50 MBs more? Is it supposed to do that? It also took like 20 minutes for the installer to install the thing, which is suspiciously slow.

Don't really feel like playing with my Windows any more, as I'm not a big fan of reinstalling operating systems and "fixing" things that aren't broken. Can't you make one that works without the .net frameworks? If you can't, no worries. I'm sure you did a good job with this and made lots of people happy as well. I'll just have to live without it...

EDIT: Apparently one windows update component for the framwork installed succesfully, while another one failed. This could still be an issue, I guess. I just hate rebooting my computer now that I started getting random BSODs on reboot... I guess I'll have to try something, though...

no, it doesnt requires SP3 for XP, at least it shouldnt, as you are not the only one with that error in WinXP, and because i just have windows vista installed, i will install windows xp SP2 in my laptop and see if i can find the reason to that problem..

sorry man

i got this same problem. jst wont run. XP pro SP3 for the record.

cheers

Installed .NET framework, still crashes.

Although I'm not sure if the framework installation was completely successful (I got a multiple BSODs on reboot after the install and some problems later as well), but when I finally managed to boot up to Vista, it does show up on my "programs and features" and also windows update history shows an installed hotfix for it, so I guess I must have it if windows is able to update it.

The .net frameworks installer was weird, by the way. First I downloaded the 250+ MB installer and then the installer wants to download 50 MBs more? Is it supposed to do that? It also took like 20 minutes for the installer to install the thing, which is suspiciously slow.

Don't really feel like playing with my Windows any more, as I'm not a big fan of reinstalling operating systems and "fixing" things that aren't broken. Can't you make one that works without the .net frameworks? If you can't, no worries. I'm sure you did a good job with this and made lots of people happy as well. I'll just have to live without it...

EDIT: Apparently one windows update component for the framwork installed succesfully, while another one failed. This could still be an issue, I guess. I just hate rebooting my computer now that I started getting random BSODs on reboot... I guess I'll have to try something, though...

Are you sure you ran the correct installer. Because both of them have the same name dotnetfx35.exe(the small 3mb one as well as the 230mb one). Havent tried the bigger one but from what it said that it is the full package so you should not have to download anything. It does take a little time to install(after the downloading i mean) and if you cancel it in between and end the program unexpectedly you can create some problems. Do a re-install and wait for it to complete also it requires few apps to be closed before installing so close them when it asks.

Are you sure you ran the correct installer. Because both of them have the same name dotnetfx35.exe(the small 3mb one as well as the 230mb one). Havent tried the bigger one but from what it said that it is the full package so you should not have to download anything. It does take a little time to install(after the downloading i mean) and if you cancel it in between and end the program unexpectedly you can create some problems. Do a re-install and wait for it to complete also it requires few apps to be closed before installing so close them when it asks.

Tried it with both installers. Both installers want to download something, so the bigger installer doesn't work properly for me I guess. I tried to reinstall it, but it still fails. It's always the same component that won't install too. As I undestand it, this 3.5 installer installs 2.0, 3.0 (cumulative updates) and 3.5, and it's always the 3.0 that won't install. It fails every time. The installer runs fine, but slow. After it asks for reboot, it starts configuring the 2.0 (KB948609) and 3.0 (KB948610) updates, and every time the configuration for the 3.0 update fails.

**** the framework! Don't need it for anything and I get tired of playing with this ****. I'm giving up.

Still no luck.

Vista x64 SP1

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1

Crashes before I even get to see a single screen (stopped working)

I even tried to run it as administrator (Vista being somewhat finicky in what programs can and cannot do) to no avail.

So unless this editor is rebuild without .NET requirements I'm gonna have to wait for JPEE to get his new FMM out.

PS: I am (against better knowledge) gonna try to reinstall the .net framework but it's most probably no use whatsoever.

hello ruci, I would like to know, do u use the same rating system as genie scout? if not it would be a nice idea, and do u have plans of sorting by rating instead of CA and PA?

hi, i've made the current rating system based on mini scout and genie scout..at the moment its not perfect yet, it needs to be teaked, and in a future the search will be changed in order to make possible search players by their CA,PA, rating, some specific attributes, age ..

sorry to be a pain what better fmm or fmrte?

to be honest, and fair, i must compare the FMRTE 08 and fmm 08, as there is no FMM for FM 2009, and FMRTE for FM 2009 is not finished yet,

so for FM 2008, i must say that fmm is really good to use, easy to install, and does the job really well, FMRTE does almost everything that FMM does, and have some new features

like Clubs Affiliations, Edit Players Names, Clone Center..

so in conclusion, i love the FMRTE as i am the creator :p, but fmm is good as well but misses some features that FMRTE has....

for FM2009, FMRTE is better than FMM (as there is no fmm for FM 2009 yes :PP)

ppl who sent me emails and private messages

I'm sorry but i've been realy busy in the last days, and i didnt have the time to read all emails/pm and reply to all of them,

for those ppl that didnt receive any message from me, i will reply to all my emails/pm as soon as i have some time to do that,

i'm just posting this, as i have a lot of unread emails/pms, and i dont want ppl to think that i'm ignoring them ;)

i was having problem opening FMRTE in vista(crashing/not responding when trying to open- eg MazeMouse) and i had the latest .net. so i dled the 'first beta' and then copied and pasted the latest 85 version ontop and it worked fine for me

ive uploaded it if anyone that is having problems with vista wants to try it..

http://www.filedropper.com/fmrte09demov2

(aint sure of the bandwidth of filedropper so if it works for people someone else can upload it to a better host)

hi ruci,

first of all great work on the program. unfortunately i have not been able to play it like others above as it seems to have a problem working on vista. i have done everything that has been instructed above including uninstalling framework etc but to no avail.

if there would be any way the program could be made to run on vista then it would be amazing as i have waited so long to use the program but tbh i have no idea how it can be done so i wont begin to preach.

if it can be done good luck but if not thanks for taking the effort to make the program in the first place :thup:

It fails for me on Vista (I tried Baron Media's tip, no change except loads more files).

Description:
 Stopped working

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
 Problem Signature 01:	fmrte.exe
 Problem Signature 02:	2.0.85.0
 Problem Signature 03:	49218d55
 Problem Signature 04:	PresentationFramework
 Problem Signature 05:	3.0.0.0
 Problem Signature 06:	470bc696
 Problem Signature 07:	660b
 Problem Signature 08:	e1
 Problem Signature 09:	System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
 OS Version:	6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
 Locale ID:	2057

EDIT: Hmm, that suggests .Net v3, not v3.5. I'm off to do some downloading and will report back.

hi, i've made the current rating system based on mini scout and genie scout..at the moment its not perfect yet, it needs to be teaked, and in a future the search will be changed in order to make possible search players by their CA,PA, rating, some specific attributes, age ..

to be honest, and fair, i must compare the FMRTE 08 and fmm 08, as there is no FMM for FM 2009, and FMRTE for FM 2009 is not finished yet,

so for FM 2008, i must say that fmm is really good to use, easy to install, and does the job really well, FMRTE does almost everything that FMM does, and have some new features

so in conclusion, i love the FMRTE as i am the creator :p, but fmm is good as well but misses some features that FMRTE has....

Whichever will have an "Exhaust all Players of this team" feature, that will be better.. keke..

Last time MindStorm or BrainStorm had one editor for FM2005, after they stopped making editors none of the editors have this feature...

there is no FMM for FM 2009 YET.

but there is FMEditor and the one thing about FMEditor that is better than the FMRTE beta is that it loads/searches the players and clubs much much faster than FMRTE

there is no FMM for FM 2009 YET.

but there is FMEditor and the one thing about FMEditor that is better than the FMRTE beta is that it loads/searches the players and clubs much much faster than FMRTE

The difference is this. FMEditor uses the old MCFM as basis so it's more of an upgrade while FMRTE is more of a complete new editor, AND you did see the word BETA right?

And as Ruci said, it's not streamlined yet so the slowness is to be expected.

So if you're unhappy with FMRTE, you can continue using the FMEditor and dun use FMRTE.

Nobody is forcing you to use FMRTE in any way.

Besides, ruci was only comparing between FMRTE and FMM is because someone asked him which is better.

another average program. this serves no purpose.

bjb7223 if you think that this is an average program why dont you spend alot of your spare time into making an editor. ruci doesn't have to but he does and he doesn't make you pay to use it you can make donations just to say thanks. If you don't like it don't use it!

bjb7223 if you think that this is an average program why dont you spend alot of your spare time into making an editor. ruci doesn't have to but he does and he doesn't make you pay to use it you can make donations just to say thanks. If you don't like it don't use it!

I wouldn't waste your fingers typing a reply to bjb7223 as I looked at his past postings and it is nothing but moaning and he seems to favour amsters miniscout program as well.

Oh stop the "if you don't like it then don't use it!" attitude...

Please, anyone can express their feelings the way they like..

Yes , if they don't like it, it's better for them not to use that, which i think they are not anyway.

But stop yelling at people because of their negative opinions.

Show respect a little..

You can't force anyone to appreciate what ruci is doing..

The difference is this. FMEditor uses the old MCFM as basis so it's more of an upgrade while FMRTE is more of a complete new editor, AND you did see the word BETA right?

And as Ruci said, it's not streamlined yet so the slowness is to be expected.

So if you're unhappy with FMRTE, you can continue using the FMEditor and dun use FMRTE.

Nobody is forcing you to use FMRTE in any way.

Besides, ruci was only comparing between FMRTE and FMM is because someone asked him which is better.

What?!!

the Zealots here are horrible!

what i wrote was just constructive criticism, and i did write FMRTE BETA compared to FM Editor.

and i did say that the only thing that FMEditor has over FMRTE BETA is speed.

Archived