Pre-World Cup friendlies

PMLF

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nordan said:

Brasil Global Tour :)

Despite the name, it is not really very global as Brazil play mostly in the UK and Europe against European opponents. English fans can watch Brazilian NT games more easily than Brazilian fans can.

Just now, PMLF said:

Despite the name, it is not really very global as Brazil play mostly in the UK and Europe against European opponents. English fans can watch Brazilian NT games more easily than Brazilian fans can.

American sponsor, they have a world series only played there iirc. So, I agree, this is not very global either. :)

Corluka still plays football? Wasnt he mid-30s when he laft the Premier League ages ago? Or is this a different Corluka?

Spain Switzerland on Sky tonight. Nice random game to put on. I might watch it.

Interestingly, Liverpool TV have Brazil vs Croatia and Man United TV have Belgium vs Egypt on Wednesday.

Whats with all these random games on random channels in the UK?

1 minute ago, av3ry said:

Corluka still plays football? Wasnt he mid-30s when he laft the Premier League ages ago? Or is this a different Corluka?

Spain Switzerland on Sky tonight. Nice random game to put on. I might watch it.

Same one that played for Man City and Tottenham, but he is only 32.

Croatia doing better than Brazil so far.

I would like to see Grêmio defender Geromel (who is on the bench) playing this game, but Thiago Silva won't be subbed off yet.

5 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Croatia doing better than Brazil so far.

I would like to see Grêmio defender Geromel (who is on the bench) playing this game, but Thiago Silva won't be subbed off yet.

I heard he's a God in Brazil now when he was just about okay in Germany. Is that accurate? Do you think Geromel should start ahead of all Miranda, Marquinhos, and SIlva?

Just now, adhikapp said:

I heard he's a God in Brazil now when he was just about okay in Germany. Is that accurate? Do you think Geromel should start ahead of all Miranda, Marquinhos, and SIlva?

He is not a God in Brazil but he improved a lot since he came from Germany.

I don't think he is better than those 3 but I would still want him to start ahead of them so we could have a Brazil-based player in the starting XI. Ideally Cássio and Fágner should start as well regardless of how good the other options are.

2 minutes ago, Nordan said:

Would have been cool to see what Brazilian based players look like, qualitywise I mean.

Yes, it would feel more like Brazil too rather than feeling like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Man City.

I don't mind any loss of quality.

HT Brazil 0-0 Croatia - fairly uneventful first half. Brazil had more chances but Croatia had the best chances to score. Willian and Marcelo were Brazil's best players in the first half.

3 minutes ago, Nordan said:

Alot of tackles and fouls, not so much other stuff. Can only get better!

Neymar will come in the second half, probably not the brightest idea given all those tackles.

This is just a friendly so we shouldn't overestimate its importance, but based on it, Brazil might have a hard time scoring in the group stage, when probably every opponent will play very defensively.

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

This is just a friendly so we shouldn't overestimate its importance, but based on it, Brazil might have a hard time scoring in the group stage, when probably every opponent will play very defensively.

Could make it easier too, if you get to play around the area all game. Firmino and Felipe Luis coming on.

4 minutes ago, Nordan said:

Could make it easier too, if you get to play around the area all game. Firmino and Felipe Luis coming on.

Let's hope Firmino will finally play well for Brazil as so far he has been average. He seems to be a 'jogador de clube' (a player that only plays well at club level).

As for playing around the area all game, it's pointless if you don't actually threaten much despite that.

Just now, PMLF said:

Let's hope Firmino will finally play well for Brazil as so far he has been average.

As for playing around the area all game, it's pointless if you don't actually threaten much despite that.

In that case I suggest threatening much. :cool:

Haven't really seen Firmino for Brazil much if at all, my memory isn't what I claim it used to be. :)

Just now, ryan045 said:

Great goal from Neymar that.  How has Coutinho been today? 

He did well in the goal as he was involved too but overall not so great.

Neymar aside, the two best Brazilian players today are Willian and Marcelo.

Just now, Nordan said:

Why isn't Felipe Anderson in the squad?

Because he isn't good enough. He has not been called up since the Olympics or so.

Archived