The Dark Knights Rise - Murciélagos F.C.

BoxToBox

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

I mean he does get to shag Anna Kournikova, if being talentless nets you that I'm in personally :lol:

Funnily enough, one of the most famous tennis players, despite never actually being very good at tennis. :lol:

Absolutely, though, well played him!

Another month down, a cycle of football games and sitting in my apartment drinking tequila and wondering is it even worth it to win this way... With a brief interlude where Pachuca's manager attempts some mind games. Apparently we've had a "war of words", I've never spoken about or to the bloke before, I have much bigger problems to deal with.

Admittedly, what we're seeing on pitch is often amazing, Jesús Corona is living up to his namesake. Also, Gutiérrez is training as a wingback, hopefully he grows into the role, I'm enjoying my wingbacks being creative passers like Pizarro.

12fb08b5754144a8357fc5e31d9f04dc.png3826ce71583bf6d62d9fba608b0b7826.png

Oh, Arzeno petal, no....

2583bfb67777c4bb2764d90c8100d5c2.png

33805f4fec82253bb0bead437b7799e6.png

159f12101d2e7024e43b99e4346a6262.png

48 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Funnily enough, one of the most famous tennis players, despite never actually being very good at tennis. :lol:

Absolutely, though, well played him!

Wasn't she top 20 in the world? so not too shabby, could probably have been better but her looks netted her easier money.:)

EDIT - Just checked and she reached a ranking of 8 and won 2 Grand slams in doubles titles, so like I said not too shabby.:cool:

5 minutes ago, Maw74 said:

Wasn't she top 20 in the world? so not too shabby, could probably have been better but her looks netted her easier money.:)

I think she may have briefly even passed through top 10 for a moment, but she never really won anything of note.

Most importantly, though, Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis was one of the most fun(especially multiplayer) games of it's time back on the PSX.

Run through November, and through to the semis of the Apertura. Bit bizarre, to be disappointed that we only beat Pachuca 3-0agg in the quarters. Should be delighted with that.
Turns out I'm not quite so handy at cards. Three months wages.... gone. *shakes head*

b43a7a88c1626c3307d7ef6f421398de.png

7 hours ago, Maw74 said:

EDIT - Just checked and she reached a ranking of 8 and won 2 Grand slams in doubles titles, so like I said not too shabby.:cool:

She was decent at first, but she was one of those players who peaked too young, she was around the same age as Hingis, Henin, Clijsters, the Williams sisters, so eventually, she couldn't find much success except in doubles.

The Apertura is dusted, albeit in far far more dramatic fashion than I can be completely happy with, beating Santos Laguna 3-0 away was excellent, shipping 3 to them in the return leg, no so much! Thankfully Rescéndez wanted not part of extra-time, and scored an injury time brace to seal the league. In the middle though, we had altogether bigger fish to fry. Three rounds against some of the best the other continents had to offer. First up, a star studded Shanggang, fading stars mainly, but still full of quality, we handled them surprisingly easy. Next up, River Plate. They dominated the ball, but we fired near at will for a 5-0 win. Then the biggest game we've ever had, reigning Champions League winners Chelsea! They dominated us, pushed us around at will. Our defence held, though. 35 minutes in, we got a corner, easily cleared, but landed at the feet of Jesús Luna, the young midfielder who had been complaining about lack of game time.... He launches a screamer into the bottom corner, Courtois couldn't get close. Parked bus mode, activate! We tanked their attacks for a good hour, leaving them, for lack of a better term, "absolutely FM'd!" Still, it was brutally lucky, we're not on that level yet, but our rep is rising. Considered the 32nd biggest club in football.

Also, because I am the worst, and can't help myself, I set up a future transfer. Excellent young American centre back Cameron Carter-Vickers contract was running down at Spurs, their loss is our gain! At least it's a financially sensible deal.

d179d51fa39c3fcf005b05fe6c6dc56f.png

a8a1a42f660343a9fcc8dcc22732c6c4.png187d006f620df46f6413f908340c2f60.gif

c77c2e6f895fa1ea292cf361579ceed5.png

2 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Amazing to win the world club cup at first attempt, while some guy couldn't do it in 5 attempts, even resorting to cheat.

That gif is glorious, Skip Bayless spewing nonsense I presume.

I understand it was a sheer fluke, but I'll take it.

I'd imagine there's about a 97% of that being true, with a 3% chance of it only being kind of nonsense.

41 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Your team is so good now it's just glorious.

We're getting close-ish to being properly competitive with the European sides. Couple of years to grow is all that's needed, and maybe a higher level keeper.

I think you should be the one to check whether it's possible to take a team from one of the former French overseas colonies and see whether it's possible to sneak into European competitions by winning the French Cup. Maybe winning the UCL with a team from Tahiti or Mayotte could finally provide a challenge for you. :D

9 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

I think you should be the one to check whether it's possible to take a team from one of the former French overseas colonies and see whether it's possible to sneak into European competitions by winning the French Cup. Maybe winning the UCL with a team from Tahiti or Mayotte could finally provide a challenge for you. :D

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Brilliant work yet again :D You may as well retire now :D 

There's not much to achieve, now. I'd have liked to beat Chelsea, rather than survive them, mind, and it'd be nice to see if we could push the league rep up higher than the 10th place it's been locked at.

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

eb948776afac2e391f4305a3c9e51e13.gif

This is a thing that happened.

I think he got confused by the weird, UFO-esque, mouse-pointer-like object falling on the pitch, and decided to do a dance like a worm.

Stop poaching all those Porto players, not just Reyes and Corona but if Ismael Diaz is who I think he is, he played for our B team as well.

Also, congrats on the CWC and the 300 consecutive wins and all that stuff. :onmehead:

28 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I think he got confused by the weird, UFO-esque, mouse-pointer-like object falling on the pitch, and decided to do a dance like a worm.

Stop poaching all those Porto players, not just Reyes and Corona but if Ismael Diaz is who I think he is, he played for our B team as well.

Also, congrats on the CWC and the 300 consecutive wins and all that stuff. :onmehead:

6b1f9e72358e920349c867fd95a0d52c.gif

It's the very same Ismael Diaz.

January is finished up, a brutally busy month, with zero time to think of anything but business. Eight games and constant transfer discussions.
Ulises Dávila leaves us for 1.4m after two and a half years looking for first team football in Portugal, the switch to 3-5-2 never suiting him. That was the only outgoing deal, few teams wanted Erick Torres, but none came close to approaching a price I'd accept. PSG came in for Aguilar. With bids that topped out at 20m. Outrageously low ballling from the richest club in the world, for a player who's almost certainly the best u-20 in the world. Thankfully he didn't pitch a fit when they were told where to shove their 20m.

Incoming are a couple of youths that may or may not end up decent. Garcia probably the pick of the bunch, despite being a bit of a temperamental lad, and playing in a position of real strength through all the squads.

On pitch, mostly wins, though we were a bit leggy by the end.

7b145758497dc1edac380932bcdafede.png

0837b682293d8c9b68aa378e19abded7.png

bad7415942c3ca05d50fbf9d99e4ad12.png

cc138284cfad5a67edba771c6b809cc5.pngd0017e9a3fcdfec1080e8e55d57a31cd.pngcce64a2d9ea9abefbb5dc574ac2b5e9d.png

3 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Jose Garcia is a temperamental defensive midfielder. I can see him fighting defenders who hoof it and don't pass to him.

"Coach says play out of defence, you numskulls."

Honduran Roy Keane, murder for anyone that crosses his path, from either team.

5 minutes ago, DavidBeckham said:

Smashing it as usual mate, the game is getting too easy for you ;)

Cheers!

Rubbish month, losing points to Monterrey.

Bit surprised at how solid your team looks like, almost never conceding goals. Is this by design, or a factor of the teams now being scared of you and parking the bus?

Also wondering how are you fitting Corona in a 3-5-2, he's mostly a winger?

42 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Rubbish month, losing points to Monterrey.

Bit surprised at how solid your team looks like, almost never conceding goals. Is this by design, or a factor of the teams now being scared of you and parking the bus?

Also wondering how are you fitting Corona in a 3-5-2, he's mostly a winger?

They got the hairdryer after that..... Actually, they got it after most games that month. :lol:

I think it's other teams playing defensively, while the 3-5-2 is a fairly defensive shape, we play it so open and wide, and with no mid in a proper holding role, the space is there to attack us.

Corona plays as a CF(s) up front, and is killing it, what you don't quite see at the end of that bizarre gif is, after the weird header and slide, the ball is crossed and Corona gets a tap in.

Also, I forgot, along with Corona, Reyes, Diaz, we also have your B-Team keeper, Gudino.

So, February is done, a fairly routine month, in which the team absolutely turned it on with four highly dominant wins. Tijuana got utterly destroyed, by the backups as I rested the starting 11, possibly the most amazing match I've ever seen, when you consider the Murciélagois player with the worst rating was a player who was subbed on for half an hour and bagged a goal... I was informed the CONCACAF CL was considered an unimportant competition, but as it's our ticket to the CWC, I'll still be placing a priority on it.
Other than that, we had the youth grads week, a fresh group to run the rule over. President didn't much care about checking out the trial game, and Miss Lopéz remains ice cold with me. Her assistant asked to attend, which I had no problem with, but she was informed if she did she'd be unemployed before the game was finished... *shakes head*

Anyway, Bryan was highly excited about a young Spaniard, Damían. You know they're good when they have only one name... Creative and handy on either peg, potentially a magnificent no. 10, he told me... A position we don't use. Other than him, there's a few that's could become fine backups, but that's it.

0a31f8eda8859a1e4789c5cac8f03a6d.png

f1275d66f02f0bd6781df91ccf87cad2.png

02e66dae7493c3d63ebbfe72bc985f82.png5d9c28d0e9c0e1e3e3316580ceced384.png

f12e50cc7193e434fcbae0af4df4b310.pngb4610906d3bf80b5f9257fe165d78c9b.png

2d466ae3f1f09d9eaa854aa2c9239416.png

Needs a lot of development, but he could be a brilliant AMC. Doesn't really fit as a CM for me, though. So either we change tactics, or retrain him. I'm thinking striker as a creative support striker, a long term replacement for Corona.

12 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Why is the CONCACAF champions league unimportant? Do you get to play in the Copa Lib...?

I have no idea, really, the board just don't care. I could guess it's because it's such an easy competition, in it's current format, it's only been won by Mexicans, usually in an all Mexican final. We're already favourites to win it.

In 12 years, only three non-Mexican teams have even reached a final.

1d53090c59425415f57c3ee207881254.png

Poor 'ol Tigres, 4 finals in a row and all lost.

EDIT: Oh, no Mexican teams don't compete in the Copa Lib any more. :(

Another month down, and a quite average one in comparison to February. Backups or not, drawing with Houston is unacceptable, to be honest I think we should have battered "I Can't Believe It's not Man City FC" by more too. We finish up by being unable to break down América's bus. F*****' Otamendi.

Other than that, things have been quiet, eerily so, just me and my ever growing love of tequila. Even the president and his people seem to be content to leave things to me and skim the cream off the top, or so I thought! Just today April 1st, I get a notice we're expanding the stadium. An extra 3k seats. 2.7m cost..... 2.7m, for 3k seats on a stadium that cost 1m.... *swigs tequila*

29edf99ae8e1287ebaff771e10374ce8.png

9285b6eff8b5044374d215e4719b4923.png

99ffcfc746458ced2c5c110c8d954535.png

6 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

99ffcfc746458ced2c5c110c8d954535.png

That must be a bug. If that were actually true, they would all have to be diamond-encrusted recliners with internal heating/cooling systems and a full digital entertainment service... which shouldn't be a problem for the chairman's associates to buy, mind.

April, as last year was one brutal month. Nine games, and I made it ever more difficult on myself, with regular trips to West Bromwich, to watch the relegation battlers and butter up their goalkeeper. So busy I barely said a word to anyone at the club all month!
It was all worth it, in the end though! We won all nine games, though many were closer than I can really be happy with. Also, the Baggies keeper is upping sticks and joining us in the summer, Ethan Horvath. One of the best keepers from the continent. Keylor Navas might be a touch better than him, and probably the only better, but at 34, and playing for Real Madrid on massive money, he was off the cards. Gudino's been excellent for us, mind, but he certainly has concentration issues and tends to pick up a knock.

You'd think I'd be concerned about signing a keeper from a team constantly getting battered, but it's amazing, one of the games I saw they shipped three, and he was still MOTM......

The CL final was so one sided, I can kind of see the boards point, but we need it for the Club World Cup regardless...

69bce36b623b8999a58313f669246255.png

a851a9723a6e99847f59612405155bc7.png

c9e5188ee7e1a95323ddacdb8cafb0de.pngb7c1f0fa7d775b57f170e3299bf5110a.png

Ismael Diaz raked in the CONCACAF awards, yet didn't make the dream team. :lol:

482fa909269984c0c743fe8eb63d6cad.png

Another season in the rear view mirror after a pretty routine playoff showing. Some of the young players are coming good, might be time to consider making squad space for some. In the backups at least.
We do have a few high quality players on the way in Carter-Vickers and Horvath, too... Lots of decisions to be made, a big summer ahead.

In more bizarrely dodgy news, the stadium expansion is going ahead, but now it's 10k seats, for just over 9m...... I... I don't even... What?

Batman-Chin-Rub.gif?ssl=1

1a0d5cceb4090cc7569533269fca1b72.png

fc435fe2f57d538a7331626c992a9460.pnga8413c728a90c8cd51c7ecacc153b780.png

5e9e3ade448cb32d21a9194af8fa3a07.png

29 league goals, a club and league record.

7 hours ago, oriole01 said:

You're absolutely flying now, I'd fancy your chances to make it back-to-back CWC titles... which in just four seasons is bonkers. Keep up the great work!

Cheers, it'll be even more tricky this season, I know Man Utd won the CL, and this year they're usually insanely good.

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

One of the most over the top and best wrestling entrance songs ever

It's been my ringtone since the moment he showed up on NXT. :lol:

Archived