• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

That's a good draw. Good luck!

Certainly is, shouldn't be a problem. 

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Your draws have been so tough, What next, the Mighty San Giovani?

We'll just throw on Dinamo kits ammiright @Jupjamie? ;)

df96dbdfafb1474f53dff0eda978b967.png

Well, that was a rage inducing game, we couldn't finish a dinner. Two clear cut chances and three half chances was not enough. Odds grabbed their undeserved goal from a deflected cross that fell straight to Nordkvelle.

6a245dc5a8e74dd3fd5dfffe36b96924.png

Couldn't break them down and when we did, we missed. Lumanza especially with a golden chance right after halftime. 

bd9846c09348358bd56b98a8bcfd37ef.png

Our captain then signed a pre contract with Celtic. I mean, why would he want to go there? :idiot:

41f680c86abac9a899fed9b1c270b658.png

We bounced back from going a goal down due to honestly **** poor defending. Omoijuanfo with a brace supplied both times by Njie. The latter played the ball in behind the defenders and the striker was there to finish. When Stromsgodset switched to a 4-2-4 at halftime I was worried but we managed to keep them out and got a vital three points. We now have to continue on and beat the Kazakhstan farmers later this week. 

fa475fe4b1663ffc73a463f132e5b1eb.png

We did the business in Kazakhstan thanks to a two minute burst in which two tantalizing Tonnessen (Alliteration!) crosses were met by Omoijuanfo and Aanesland. I had decided to switch Tonnessen to a FB (a) because they lined up in a narrow 4-2-3-1 and it immediately paid off.

The reward?

0f8635e98c1343aa092e0a9be0e565e6.png

*waves at @ManUtd1*

I must say I quite like the name "Omoijuanfo". The first time I read that, I thought, wait he must be misspelling because that just seems like a jumbled up random string of characters but nope.

13 hours ago, noikeee said:

I must say I quite like the name "Omoijuanfo". The first time I read that, I thought, wait he must be misspelling because that just seems like a jumbled up random string of characters but nope.

:D I need to break it up into Omoi Juan Fo so I can spell it correctly. What a name indeed!

1 hour ago, deltablue said:

I wonder if there is a team called 'Lookbaek', as I often have a certain song in my head when looking through this, albeit the Wurzels version rather than the original. ;)

We shall have to set up a feeder team!

2 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Things are not going bad so far, I'd say a 2nd place finish is within reach.

Aye, just a little inconsistent. I agree regarding second place, 10 points behind Rosenborg is probably a little too much with 15 games left. At any rate, I want to at least qualify for Europe again. 

• 3 weeks later...

"Look who's back, back again, Keane is back, back again." was the sound that came through the dressing room speakers as Keane slid his way through the door.

Players looked at each other bemused at what was happening.

'Gaffer, we saw you half an hour ago...'

"Shhh Birger, don't ruin the moment." was the answer with closed eyes, as if Keane was attempting to fully immerse himself in the music.

The players rolled their eyes and left the manager to get on with whatever that was.

• 1 month later...

The awards yesterday made me decide to bring this back! And without further ado

615ea4c76ef16c4ac670622e975545d6.png

A dominant win over a Partizan side in the Europa League 3rd Qualifying round. Two long range belters gave us the goals we needed to take a healthy advantage into the second leg in Serbia.

34 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Back with a bang, an' all.

The only way to do it.

26 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

oh, this thread where you won the league, but everybody but you forgot

It happened I swear!

7dec04f25c77137c3dca9eca27097546.png

The return to league action yielded a similar result. This time, Boli coming off the bench to tuck home Aanesland's superb cross after a deadly counter attack. There was cause for concern however as Njie went off with a sprained ankle, meaning he will miss the return leg in Serbia.

a6cdd7898bb4b0f2b2c7e89a71b8605f.png

Progress was assured through a solid defensive display where only a crossbar striking free kick was a worry and an Ekblom goal two minutes before the 90. Omoijuanfo lifted a ball over the defender,  who completely misjudged his header, allowing Ekblom in to score. We now enter the Playoff round.

Just now, withnail316 said:

Just read all of this - very enjoyable! :thup:

My favourite ever save was in Norway, and I'm back in the Tippeligaen/Eliteserien at the moment. All kinds of fun. 

KUTGW anyway, fella!

I'm happy that you found it enjoyable! I must catch up on your thread soon. (Along with many others!)

I'm really liking Norway and am glad I've got my spark back.

fc6872daf528c7d00b5965c6dab95b67.png

A very disappointing loss in a derby game where we had countless chances to win it. In the end a cross deflected in off Moe to give the three points to Valerenga. Both sides second goals came courtesy of lucky deflections falling into the scorers paths while the first came via a one-two and a good strike from the edge of the area. We now face the same opponents in the cup quarter final in four days time.

There was some good news however, as we announced the signing of Dennis Johnsen on loan from Sc Heerenveen. He provides another option on the wings for us.

0c2356ef1475ba072324197c3491f080.png

His stats are as follows:

01bdc7f3acf76b66bdffae80d23d5488.jpg

Hopefully he can have an impact this season.

22 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

What's the status on Norway's European qualifying? How many spots are there at this point?

I don't know off the top of my head, I shall have to look tomorrow and get back to you!

7 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Good to see you back man..😉

Cheers mate!

2 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Nice.  So, you're only 5 points off a European spot (Molde, in 3rd) but with 2 matches in hand.  Very doable.

Very doable indeed. I'm hoping to get a couple matches in tomorrow morning to continue on.

• 3 weeks later...

7586abe54b798181d3c4514a669d924e.png

Disappointing loss to a rival in the cup but in all honesty they deserved the victory, creating more and better chances and ultimately taking one of them. We did have a slight glimmer of hope in the 88th minute but agonizingly Omoijuanfo saw his header strike the crossbar. Now we move on to concentrating on the league and our upcoming two legged playoff with West Ham. (And no it hasn't been three weeks since the last update....what are you talking about??)