There's Norway I'd Go Oslo As That

Keano16

eac79c2ae2ea8ce072f355f663732f58.png

Quick transfer update as we finish preseason and the window slams shut ahead of our first game.

Both Moe and Jorgensen were brought in to strengthen our centre half options while Tonnessen joins to provide competition for Meling at left back. We should be sorted here for a good while. Ba comes on a free to play as the deep lying playmaker and I believe he'll do a solid job. The final purchase was Diop to add depth to the midfield and possibly to take over the B2B slot.

The three youngsters leave on loan as there was no space to get them enough game time.

f6a4ef11101b41048a9071105b40cf2a.png

I don't think we'll be scoring an awful lot of goals! (Call it intuition...)

d5840ea7a729a5e933c7b03086450ee9.png

Unfortunately this greeted me after the Ostersunds games. :( Why did he have to jump so high?

Finally I'll be going with the same tactic as on FM16 and seeing how it goes, hopefully well and not disastrously wrong.

3c7620b0f30b7bb3b49d867cca94ef85.jpg

TIs of Play out of Defence and Lower Tempo. PIs of Stay Wider for the fullbacks and Dribble Less for the DLF. The keeper is set to Distribute to the centre halves and Roll it Out.

Buckle up boys!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0e591637dbbd13481b496b607b632c84.png

Daylight ****ing robbery. I watched the whole game to see how the tactics did and decided to ditch the roaming playmaker until Kassi comes back from injury as no one else can play it effectively. A few different roles were used and I'll try out the advanced playmaker there next game. We gave away a stupid penalty but they never made another clear cut chance, a lot of long shots. Us on the other hand couldn't even register a shot on target. Aanesland cut it and his shot was diverted past the keeper to give us a welcome and totally undeserved point.

38 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Nice, fluid tactic. Impressive scoring with 0 shots on goal. Things are looking great.

The opposition hadn't a clue what to do!

28 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

There's some kind of divide by zero rule for that kind of result, surely.

We'll just take it and run.

6 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Sorcery!!

We'll do anything to win over here in Norway. (Evidently it wasn't enough)

6 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

kill it with fire hank scorpio GIF

image.gif?w=400&c=1

I may have gone a little too far...

3a60efa0a9019131dc0338d72c72148c.png

A good, solid win with the only change to the tactic being an AP (a) instead of the RPM. A ball over the top found Aanesland's run and the winger crossed for Boli to net his first goal of the season and to give us our first win.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

Gutted about Kassi for you but not a bad start to the season, hope you've found the new system until he returns.

We just gotta keep picking up the points, I think the system should be fine, maybe just a couple tweaks here and there but nothing major. Cheers man!

I've played a very, very similar system in my previous FM17 career with Stourbridge, and I think it can work but needs a lot of attention to detail to click properly. My breakthrough was when I introduced a CM/A (I'd heavily recommend this, this formation can be a bit lacking on finishing threat so a runner from deep helps immensely and a CM/A does it much better than the BBM/S), and then also a IWB/S on the same side as the CM/A, basically covering for him in every run.

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

I've played a very, very similar system in my previous FM17 career with Stourbridge, and I think it can work but needs a lot of attention to detail to click properly. My breakthrough was when I introduced a CM/A (I'd heavily recommend this, this formation can be a bit lacking on finishing threat so a runner from deep helps immensely and a CM/A does it much better than the BBM/S), and then also a IWB/S on the same side as the CM/A, basically covering for him in every run.

That sounds like a good idea, I'll have to try it out at some point. I agree with your point regarding an attacking threat so I may have to look into it. I'll have a look at the thread, cheers mate!

dc8726902a6b29d84dbfa2d2f7a645e4.png

A good win, although Sayouba bailed us out a couple of times with top drawer saves. Brochmann and Lumanza both scored belters from 20 yards out while Aanesland's goal was courtesy of following @noikeee's advice as I switched to a CM(a) - Lumanza - and an IWB - Granli - behind him. Lumanza created an overload in the box which left Aanesland free to score.

6b9e04665347668be09d23d442ab20f4.gif

01f59afc8516be5ad0b67bdf5930623c.png2e5db841d08c2abdda67e4d844dbcf70.png

Green is with the ball and orange is without. 21 is Granli, the IWB while 67 is Lumanza the CM (a). The change was made at halftime.

b6d087de87922e76d98220392b754bdb.jpg

Bad day at the office. I rotated a couple guys but we still should have won the game against a team that hadn't yet won a game. A ball over the top that was tucked away by Vuk was the decider. We were far too wasteful with our shooting and it cost us dearly. (I forgot to take the usual screenshot.)

Edited by Keano16

16 hours ago, Keano16 said:

A good win, although Sayouba bailed us out a couple of times with top drawer saves. Brochmann and Lumanza both scored belters from 20 yards out while Aanesland's goal was courtesy of following @noikeee's advice as I switched to a CM(a) - Lumanza - and an IWB - Granli - behind him. Lumanza created an overload in the box which left Aanesland free to score.

6b9e04665347668be09d23d442ab20f4.gif

Nice! Now that's what I'm talking about!

679cba961073282242e1d84b2e2bef6c.png

A straightforward cup match that needed an own goal from a Mauritz-Hansen cross. The same man then crossed to the back post for debutante Loken's first ever goal for the club. It finished 2-0 but I feel that we couldn't get enough shots in the box during the game. Nevertheless, into the next round!

17db485f7c16f1de961f29fa29d6bc6b.png

I went with a False 9 and switched the IF to attack as I wanted to be a bit more direct down the flanks and to get  the striker more involved. The main thing today was not to lose away from home and we did that, although we probably should have won it with the chances we made. Boli finished a lovely pullback from Njie to level it. The striker could have then won it twice for us, hitting the post and then missing a gift of an opportunity right at the end. We lost Aanesland for 2-3 weeks with a shoulder injury. We're sitting nicely in the table, five points off top spot and two off third.

32 minutes ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

This save is a lot more difficult than it were on FM16, evidently. However you're still doing pretty well considering Stabaek are meant to be down near the foot of the table.

Definitely, makes it more satisfying however. Things haven't fully clicked yet but it's still early days.

3c393b9aa5dbe3c10167426099f2fdf5.png

All I can say is ****. Can you guess who had four half chances and three clear cut chances? Molde got one, and they scored. Njie got five, FIVE of those chances and missed every single one. Wait for it, there's more, worse even. Omoijuanfo came off the bench and was clean through on goal, what does he do? Hits it straight at the keeper.

9f1b7fba7adb19b1c5f8bcb37050b2cb.gif

There's more? He did it AGAIN less than a minute later. Now I remember why he was a sub....

b4e15d4aa5c83d2e07431b749e728a3d.gif

*Closes laptop and walks away*

67c2593f90de8adb7d40098b6a931436.png

We took our chances while Follo didn't. A perfect counter resulted in our first goal. A beautiful ball over the top from Ekblom put Loken away for his second goal of the season. Ekblom then got himself a goal, burying his chance when the ball was slipped through to him. Follo pulled one back but by then the damage had been done.

876204a85d51a41266be2ecbb76ca343.png

Always great to break a record! 

a13e5af1a11bfe9db084f176cc23a09a.png

Again, not really satisfied, especially going in one down thanks to this

4458cf7a8cae9b8cbccf1464a7729b55.gif

when we created multiple decent chances to lead ourselves. What happens then? Lillestrom score on their next chance....I was expecting the defeat then but thankfully a top corner curler from Lumanza and a Brochmann penalty minutes after gave us the draw. We ain't winning the title this season that's for sure.

5b6de6ff42047ef2e043cdfc8c048469.png

I tried to set up in a counter system away from home but we struggled to make chances and then when we went a goal down I switched back to the normal tactic and we managed to grab two goals to get the win. Boli with the two assists from DLF. The second goal was a thundering volley from Skogseid the IWB.

e161cbfce5daababf4969663e7242966.png

I didn't want to lose and while we achieved that, I feel we should have come away with more. We had much better chances than the league leaders, they hardly made any, but we couldn't finish them. Njie smashed the bar from 30 yards out but then somehow hit the post with this opportunity...

2210a1b7850f034fa7c63a7562eca90c.gif

A point is a point but it could have and probably should have been more. Their goal came courtesy of a free kick on the edge of the area before Boli equalised ten minutes later from Aanesland's pull back.

34 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I'd be just as frustrated at Boli there, ball watching, he could have got on that rebound and buried it uncontested.

To be fair, the guy right behind Boli took the shot but it was saved...

60168298b9e02e835a3f00e4100a6daf.png

3-0 up after 20 minutes and that should have been it. Unfortunately we left in two goals to give Bodo/Glint hope. Two goals in two minutes for Boli, the first a first time finish from outside the box to the bottom right corner. He then finished to the bottom left off a pass from Njie. Njie picked up his form after a chat and ended with two assists. The second of which teed up Lumanza for a commanding header. Pellegrino pulled one back for the home side, arriving at the back post to meet a cross. Orlov (remember him?) got another just after halftime. Just before my formation was about to take place, I had noticed they had switched to a 4-2-4. We managed to shut the game down then and leave with the win.

4 hours ago, kidthekid said:

things seem to be shaping up, only 3 points from the top!!. Sad that everyone except you forgot that they won the title last year,

Indeed they are, I still feel that the squad is a little weak though so I'm just aiming for any of the European places. 

Ha! They think I'm crazy here. Everyone just looks away when I mention it....

21 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

Indeed they are, I still feel that the squad is a little weak though so I'm just aiming for any of the European places. 

Ha! They think I'm crazy here. Everyone just looks away when I mention it....

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11039-1401892904-17

We believe everything you say ;) 

e417af50c9c6811fab96b6f77d8708a5.png

A good, confident win in the cup. Omoijuanfo with a brace as the lone striker and Ekblom with the third when he came on at striker. Admittedly IK Start should have scored at least one, but we took our opportunities, especially Omoijuanfo. Into the fourth round we go! Luc Kassi also made his return to action with a 60 minute performance without any issues.

Edited by Keano16

fba0b9ae22c2c663200a6f4afe5ade20.png

Should have come away with the three points. A penalty put us one up after a trip on Aanesland. 

7dbbc174b65627bf1464040a50b2e189.gif

Red no?

The same player then hit the post with a golden chance later on. Sogndal lined up in a 5-3-1-1 and didn't deserve to get their goal. Aanesland was on the ground injured but Sogndal continued up the field and scored off a pull back. We finished with nine men as two had to leave the field through injury and all the subs had been made. Definitely two points dropped.

0b9a5c2812a914e835953501caba86ac.png

Each shot on target yielded a goal. Two for us and one for them. Tonnessen pulled the ball back for the inrushing Bohinen to get us in front. Omoijuanfo then doubled the lead with a bullet strike from 20 yards, leaving the keeper with absolutely no chance. Fredrikstad got on the board with 13 minutes remaining, Nystrom tapping a cross in from two yards.

Unfortunately we had some bad news as Luc Kassi was again injured just before halftime. The midfielder tore his groin and will miss 4-5 weeks.

b9ce56bdd7248546568c86e493524594.png

db1583ce8e059c8327ea6c0660ea41eb.png

Big win that was settled after 15 minutes. Granli added a penalty late on. It took until the 85th minute for Clifftonville to register a shot. I played the main team as I wanted to make sure of the tie, and make sure is what they did. Elsewhere for the Norwegian sides, Odds hammered Folgore/Falciano from San Marino 13-0.

Edited by Keano16

f704779a75b1e6fb757356e30926adc3.png

A solid win away from home to lift us into 5th. Boli notched his 7th of the season to get us going and then Njie provided a second assist for Lumanza to drill one home from the edge of the area.

1de2290556c38aa005bf4c548dde2b38.png

A routine win to confirm our entry into the next round of Europa League qualifying. Omoijuanfo scored the first after hilariously bad defending and then centre half Hanche-Olsen netted the second with a low shot when a corner fell to him.

a77883375c97d33bf3fa5bb1bcbf045c.gif

Clifftonville everybody!