There's Norway I'd Go Oslo As That

Keano16

Stabaek if.png

Here we go with Stabæk! Great facilities as well as excellent Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment. They've only won the Norwegian top flight once, back in 2008. This is something I want to rectify along with getting the club into either the Champions League group stages or the Europa League group stages. The furthest they have gotten previously has been the EL Playoff round and the CL Third Qualifying round.

e22cad1438f0de6ac3e77556c16f5d88.png

As you can see the average age is extremely young, at only 20 while we only have one 30+ year old in the squad. The next oldest is 26....

4ae65a4a1a3d1254c9fc5b940d60558c.png

THE SQUAD

ba808bf84d8a65c42a407b994c2897fe.png

ea2f74088e1392dc10fcf507505594f2.png

A good amount of positive personalities as well as a strong core of Norwegians to call on. Africans also populate the squad and there is even an American joined by a Georgian. (sounds like the first line of a bad joke....) We even have an Indian! Sayouba and Skjonsberg are the only two with international caps.

The board left me with the following expectations which I find fair enough.

3deb136a9a4980fd0787de71bb69c6a9.png

Financially, we are healthy with over a million in the bank. 

LET US BEGIN!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

Thank you. I have jumped aboard the Scandinavian hype train!

Choo-choo!

It's a great place to manage. If my current save ever ends, I'm going right back :lol:

47 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Choo-choo!

It's a great place to manage. If my current save ever ends, I'm going right back :lol:

Bring your own train!

41 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Good luck man!I spent some time with Molde in fm 2015 and it was fun...:)

Thanks man. I hope it will be just as fun.

7 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Please Stabæk with your bad puns in your title... :rolleyes:

Let's hope the standard of football is higher than the standard of puns! 

5 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Looks good, I'll be following. :thup:

Cheers man!

I'm currently managing aalesund two second place finishes. Stabek won the league second season. Look at FK JERV. There left back tonneson is a god along with young Simon annousen best of luck in Norway so brilliant talent there! I'll be following!! 

6 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Parisn't this a punny night.

AIK these puns are getting out of hand...

Good luck with the save, never managed there before but should be a fun challenge :)

Edited by wynter

8 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

You think everyone reading this thread was a PUNdit!

It appears to be that way!

9 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Parisn't this a punny night.

:D

2 hours ago, jambos1990 said:

I'm currently managing aalesund two second place finishes. Stabek won the league second season. Look at FK JERV. There left back tonneson is a god along with young Simon annousen best of luck in Norway so brilliant talent there! I'll be following!! 

Well done man! I'm under no pressure then, haha! Cheers for the player suggestions, It'll certainly make up for only having two scouts on the books...

2 hours ago, wynter said:

AIK these puns are getting out of hand...

Good luck with the save, never managed there before but should be a fun challenge :)

That makes two of us! Thanks man.

8 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I read the title as "Onslow", and thought to myself, "Oh! Nice!"

Onslow.KeepingUpAppearances.jpg

On topic, Mandé is one of my favourite keepers in FM. Classic insane lad but also a brilliant stopper.

Some glasses may be in order my friend. ;)

Great news! I think there is some talent in this side that I'm looking forward to managing. 

1 hour ago, jambos1990 said:

The young lads at the start of the game in Norway are that good you don't need scouts!! Harland is another 

I guess we'll find out! Added to the list. 

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

I just noticed you still have Nicolai Naess in your squad, in real life he's popped off to the MLS. Excellent that he's still with you in this.

He looks very good. Young, good personality and will be a definite starter. Let's hope we can hold on to him!

10221ddf217ea35c82779a9213a944e8.png

Well @BoxToBox, that didn't take long.

'Mandé, give us til the end of the season will ya? Then you can go if you still want to.'

"The end of the season?? **** no, I need to leave now, clubs aren't going to wait around."

'If your potential is as big as your ego they will. You're staying here until the end of your contract and that's FINAL.'

The big headed twat thinks he can leave whenever he wants, he ain't going nowhere. Get used to another 3 and a half years!

3821f90ce3cbb4906ae05a5a061c0de4.png

Our first signing! 

'Put the ball in the net, right Jacob?'

"It's Jakob boss...."

'That's what I said.....'

890968c65b3bdf843cf5d15a1c84f74b.png

75k from SK Brann, the Swede is here to play as a Target Man. I wanted more experience and quality up front, hopefully Orlov provides. (I will update the screenshot later.)

Edited by Keano16
Updated screenshot

39 minutes ago, DodgeeD said:

All this grapefruit and Brann... get yourself a nice juicy Cheese-Bergen ;)

:brock:

5 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Orlov looks handy.

I certainly hope he'll work out.

ecd402510e0702e3bc042f923ba2c9b2.png

A successful preseason in my opinion. 

23f8ea169a274386d8b65aee7bb97b2f.gif

Njie with the pick of the goals in the 6-0 hammering of Ringebu-Favang. What a beauty!

72ce624088e184b64ac2761f31f9376f.png

We also signed Ba on a free to boost our centre half options.

3621a800bf6f07dd6cdc7f08aa1a9f84.png

He should be a decent player.

Time to get into the season!

Good..The most interest in these leagues is the difference with the other European leagues in dates league start and finish..Dont forget your players contracts don't finish 30/6...😃

50 minutes ago, Slipky said:

Interesting choice, I'll be following.

Cheers man! 

36 minutes ago, wynter said:

With that leadership though, he's more a Beta than anything :ackter:

His parents might of had slightly too high expectations for him.

6 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Good..The most interest in these leagues is the difference with the other European leagues in dates league start and finish..Dont forget your players contracts don't finish 30/6...😃

It'll probably still catch me out! Those constant inbox reminders will finally come in handy.

ddfd459222f9058b5ab8f36d4a5a28fd.png

League game number one saw the lads pull out a 2-1 win after falling behind 16 minutes in to the opposition's first attempt on target. Aanesland came off the bench to equalize, in the process becoming the club's youngest scorer. Orlov grabbed a deserved winner, sliding home a cross on 84 minutes. Kassi provided a top class display as a roaming playmaker.

46266b41ae640eddc85379dc29b17a9d.png

524cebf377e4f120477aa9ec8a73e763.png

Game number two saw us run out 1-0 winners thanks to a goal from Kassi off the bench. He slotted home a cross from right back Granli to secure the three points and a second victory. Interestingly our two POM winners so far have both been our roaming playmakers.

f0920013a4864a99421eba2b12ffe78e.png

The third and final game in a short space of time started terrifically when we went two up inside half an hour. IK Started poorly I guess you could say... (I'm sorry.) Ohi restored our lead before a late scare, a cross from deep that ended up floating into the top corner...... We held on however for a third straight win.

06a4e3931ba4d418f01a50f3209d9f88.png

Bad performance against one of the worst defences. We gave the ball away badly for both goals and Hanche-Olsen made two mistakes in both. He did redeem himself slightly with a great ball forward to assist Ekblom's finish but still, we need better.

23 minutes ago, wynter said:

Solid start, but for the blip in the last game.

Targeting a title straight away or something a little more unambitious? 

I was unsure of what to aim for at the start of the season. Given our start, I'm wanting to finish top 5 but anywhere in the top half at least.

1 hour ago, Slipky said:

What version of FM is that? Weird to see Ajer at Start.

OT: Solid start, mate, keep it going.

Cheers.

It's 16, only got it towards the end of the cycle so didn't see the point in getting 17. (I'm cheap. :rolleyes:)