[FM17]Basquet Case...

BoxToBox

8 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Ugarte looks incredible. He's gong y2k be incredible, if he had enough room for growth. I'm very jealous.

Reckon, if his potential pa is anything close to accurate, with a professional personality he'll be first choice by 21. Probably sooner if I integrate him quickly.

8 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Not sure I understand, but I agree with ManUdt1 anyways!

Ugarte is very gong y2k!

I think it's like Y2J but instead of break the wall down, he is the wall!

sign__save_us_y2j_by_maggot09.jpg

8 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Sounds promising with performances overall, and you'll just have to do like @noikeee and knock Mourinho off his perch!

Who was the kid who got hit?

8175bd87530dc2680ec60660a4716cf4.png

This fellow, he's young enough and got a a good enough personality/fitness combo that he can recover from it. It's a bad age for it though as it's right around when pace develops, and the plan was for him to be an inside forward.

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

Alonso and the new keeper look absolutely stupid good.

Besides those two, I'm glad we're starting to build a group of French Basques that can pitch in, as it was a bit daft being almost all Spanish.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

Honestly with how David Alonso already looks at 16, if he can't make it nobody ever will anymore. Hail the new King of Basque football :D

He's already rated as Ligue 1 quality, a couple of weeks into being 16. Insane lad.

4 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

He's already rated as Ligue 1 quality, a couple of weeks into being 16. Insane lad.

There needs to be an investigation into the protein shakes these Basque kids are drinking. When Pogba was 16, he was playing in the youth cups. When Messi was 16, he was watching Ronaldinho play..on TV.

1 minute ago, kidthekid said:

There needs to be an investigation into the protein shakes these Basque kids are drinking. When Pogba was 16, he was playing in the youth cups. When Messi was 16, he was watching Ronaldinho play..on TV.

They're made with nothing but the finest grapefruit available in the south of France, I'll have you know! :D

4 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

They're made with nothing but the finest grapefruit available in the south of France, I'll have you know! :D

#Grapefrukt

8 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

I won't be satisfied until that is a tifo.

1 hour ago, ManUtd1 said:

#Grapefrukt

It would be amazing! Imagine the foreign clubs visiting....

"Why have they a tifo of their keeper facing the wrong direction?!"

51 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

Well done mate!

Cheers!

Season Review!

What a season it was too, spectacular in the league despite a midseason slump in form, a sparkling European run, and the youngsters are coming on leaps and bounds. I wouldn't expect to repeat, but we should hopefully remain in the CL spots. Not expecting a major summer, mostly reactions to sales. Otegui wants out for Athletic this time, should they bid, I'll probably sell the whiny *****. I do already have three youths arriving, though.

9ade4bd5f7ecbbd68cc14c2566579e4e.png0660c26efbcc3af1b1d7e33afc9bda04.png

League 1 - League 2 - Cups - Europe

Happy with that, shouldn't really have tanked both cups(at least not the one we underachieved in), but the games were coming thick and fast, so we had higher priorities. A second CL quarters exit, but to be fair, we probably didn't deserve to be there. 4 wins and 5 draws(pretty amazing to not lose an European game, though!) meant we were coasting on luck quite often. Still an away goal agg loss to PSG sucks. The new stadium is badly needed, as our attendances in Europe show, where we borrowed Bordeaux's ground. even then 18k isn't great, could have been far more ambitious, we drew 40k against PSG in the CL.....

Also, I decided to take in the CL final, as it was a Manchester Derby.

2033bab30d1fc45c8350e587f41f28e2.png

Three of the four goals were Basque made. @kidthekid may just be right about their superiority!

11 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

8175bd87530dc2680ec60660a4716cf4.png

This fellow, he's young enough and got a a good enough personality/fitness combo that he can recover from it. It's a bad age for it though as it's right around when pace develops, and the plan was for him to be an inside forward.

Besides those two, I'm glad we're starting to build a group of French Basques that can pitch in, as it was a bit daft being almost all Spanish.

Haha true!

And Ramos here looks really solid. Sad with the injury though. If his pace doesn't develop as you envisioned will he then be pushed in another direction on the pitch? 

2 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Hear, hear!

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

It would be amazing! Imagine the foreign clubs visiting....

"Why have they a tifo of their keeper facing the wrong direction?!"

Sort of the same when fans groups turn their backs to the pitch and jumps. I get that it looks sorta cool, but what good does it actually do? Oh look, the fans doesn't even care anymore yay.

Oh and amazing title win!

Cheers!

1 minute ago, Benjoe said:

And Ramos here looks really solid. Sad with the injury though. If his pace doesn't develop as you envisioned will he then be pushed in another direction on the pitch? 

Oh, absolutely! He'll just go to a central role instead, we have more depth there, but there's always room for quality!

50 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

maxresdefault3.jpg

That's the ticket! :thup:

31 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

I love Van Gaal as much as he loves sex masochism. Beautiful man. 

Man Utd's football might have mostly sucked under him, but at least he made up for it with stuff like that off the pitch.

So, the summer window is finally concluded, it was a ridiculous drag,

It seemed Johnson spent about 10 hours a day on the phone. "No, he's not for sale, him either, especially not him... please stop calling here. No habla Espanol. No Deportivo we won't loan you our only first team goalkeeper and pay all his wages....."

What did happen was me chucking my entire budget and then some on a winger, Pablo Martinez' mandatory 27m deal kicking in, and the rest of the summer was spent clearing deadwood and moneyspinning to make up for my largess, whilst trying to keep the players I actually want. Must have been 4-5 bids a day almost every day for the entire window.

cd16d0a529450e191add09b4b26051bd.png

Villalibre never really developed, but was a worthwhile investment, buying him for 1.1m and selling for 15m. Yeray goes to make some money, as the youth were as good as him now, and happy to see the back of Otegui and his whining since I managed to replace him with Inigo Martinez.

653dc28147696c6a516eff075fbf9138.png

Oyarzabal is the big signing, a truly cracking winger just entering his prime. Really happy with this, but I'd have liked a transfer deal with instalments rather than hitting his release clause.

Already proving his worth with this...

19a4a06b2badeceb71a6245367ad8a85.gif

That's a backheel throughball assist on his league debut. He then popped on in against PSG after 24 seconds. Think I'm going to like this guy.

7598d4616a0fb4aed7e049359033dfc0.png

Pablo's loan becomes permanent, and he's growing into quite the beast.

d9e799faf16f9978c687e371d99436c7.png

He's old, but still class, and though he's on a lot of wages, as a direct(kinda) replacement for Otegui, we're actually making a tidy profit all things considered. He should keep us ticking along nicely for a few seasons.

c9b9f98f3fe1d558fe86e028372ef39a.png

A highly rated youngster from Athletic, he's far from the first team scene, but looks like he's potentially a very versatile forward.

6a659dd856369c193b12b362d4f9b782.png

A very cheap punt the scouts liked. He's already grown a lot, really what's being shown here is quite a lot better than he was the day he arrived.

d6e7726f932ec10485d4e1948fd1a400.png

Cheap punt, that hopefully will be some kind of useful backup eventually.

c042d0191cc591b58b7bc1a04d97462a.png

Another cheap punt to help our terrible DM depth.

3832800b2438e560cd5e17b3bbc1e4e6.png

Nasty group, kinda, but I'd still expect to make the KO rounds.

Thought to myself, at least this won't be the Barca of 2016-17.....

08a0ec2aa8a986d06a0feeea0bf75efe.png

Oh well.

3 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Fake passport!!!!

May or may not be a 30 year old half-Nigerian smuggled into our academy in an empty grapefruit crate.

41 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

Don't know how I missed this thread, but you've made some immense progress B2B. Well done, chief. :thup:

Cheers!

12 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

What a cheeky backheel...he's got something about him, for sure.

Looking like he'll be a risk that was well worth taking.

I have no idea, but I wish he'd share them with the rest of the class!

Reckon Y2K's got into them though, he's accelerating at a similar rate and could get cup games when he turns 16 in late November.

58 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Good luck defending your title. 

Cheers, we're in some luck too, PSG have had a disaster of a start to the season, by their lofty standards, and drawn 3, lost 2 of the first 12 games. That's about as good as a head start as I could imagine against them. We were one of the draws, mind.

54 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

I was secretly hoping you'd nicknamed him, and you had. :brock:

And he is some monster at that age. 

I had to, of course! :D

Finally hit the halfway point, and going great guns in all competitions. Drew Man City in the CL, last season's runners up, so that could be trouble. About 3/4s of my squad is being chased, so a long winter ahead.

b45e3b0b5ea7d1402c624c559e49b872.png

I can't believe this......

Also, Leverkusen bid for David Alonso. Never mind him, the betrayers of the legend that is Hakan Telleus wouldn't get the worst scraps from my u-19's.

Y2K's played four games since turning 16, and has only conceded a single goal. Two CL clean sheets, at that.

Well, the winter window was hectic, despite few done deals. Mostly trying to keep players, as per usual, but business was done.

Out.

72017248bd15185e4535e55dcffecc1c.png

Thior was let go mainly to give youngster Alvaro Ramos more first team opportunities, though a great fee helped too!

2f93855966f59502ea05bfce4042d676.png

Ramos is developing quite nicely, pace and all. He'll never be a burning speedster, but quick enough for a technical wide forward.

Elustondo came to me before the window opened, wanting to chase that Chinese megabux and threw a strop when I suggested that I'd want a reasonable fee for him. A few of our youth are developing nicely, so he wasn't as necessary, as he once was, and our incoming move gives Inigo Martinez more opportunity to play defence over holding mid, so off he went. They're paying him 165k a week, fair play to him, I guess!

In.

This is a big deal.
The cumulation of three solid months of work, and it still took until deadline day! I went to eleven games, had multiple key players bat their eyelashes at him, constantly scouted, all the usual.

91dff6c38e8158418caddf57bfa818e1.png

307883882a032b12cf0783774167c4a6.png

I think 3.5* is a tad unfair on the lad, but we do have a couple of absolutely class players. He's a beast, he's versatile, he can dominate the midfield in multiple roles and situations and a hard worker on top of it.

Youth Intake Day!

75018b0c69f287148d996a00f4bc0072.png

Odd one, not great looking on paper, few interesting picks in there, though we'll be lucky if Salinas makes it.

28659e1cce20d97ac775c9470201907a.png

Very odd, a hardworking playmaker. Lacks attacking intelligence to be an AP, defensive technique to be a DLP and the physicality to be a RP. Still, something about him...

9 minutes ago, nie jem frytek said:

It's a bit shame that you didn't add fierce rivalry with Athletic in pre-game editor and maybe a bit less fierce with Real Sociedad. Would definitely make this save harder and it looks like you could do with some competition for top Basque players.

I had assumed Athletic would have been more aggressive in poaching from us, especially while we're considered a small club in comparison, but filled with talent. They've been incredibly stingy with transfers, only buying to odd player and happily coasting between 4th and 6th. I only landed Merino as he was unhappy at the club all season, and still required three months of work.

I had also assumed, as we rose that PSG would pick us apart, but they've never ever bid for any of our players.

Hmm, next season is a bit make or break for Athletic. They're in 9th, don't look much likely of hitting higher than 8th, their worst finish in 12-15 years.

They're a vastly rich club, and all save long haven't spent much at all, and now desperately need their squad updating(of course I've massively hurt them here by constantly pinching their prospects).

They sacked Valverde in March, and had their pick of free managers, including Luis Enrique and Klopp, but instead have picked Mano Menezes at Atletico Minero, a manager who's spent his career in Brazil, apart from 6 months in China, and a disastrous 3 months at Valencia. Quite disappointing, wanted to see Klopp there.

ebd8f3c642088d55517cafb54c17695a.png

This is a thing. A thing that is happening. We'll be taking on back to back reigning champions Man Utd.

As an aside, Benfica made it to the semis last season too, and are managed by Deschamps..... shame that wasn't the final!

There'll hopefully be a season review up soon, but for now....

a65067083031c0d2772661e56df14976.png

Cracking run, all told, but just didn't have enough in the final. In a way, I'm kind of glad(!?!) that we didn't win, part of me feels lifting the CL right now would have killed this save.

Season Review.

An almost perfect season, as we closed in on the treble, but Man Utd prove to be just too much in the final, gave them a proper game though!
Future looks bright though, as most of the squad have untapped potential.

2181945d90b696982e604adf7dc421f5.png76c1dc3bda5e875abbec8dfc4d7e5180.png

League 1 - League 2 - Cups - Europe.

It looks close in the end, but it wasn't, as we eased off the gas in the league with about a month and a half to go(looking at it now, one win in the last eight games, geez, didn't realise it was that bad), with a cup and Europe to play for, and especially once we'd taken the league title with a few games remaining.

Great idea for a save and truly astounding progress!

You seem to have it nailed, can you explain how you go about unsettling and buying players in FM17. You mention using the "top target", getting players to butter him up etc

Can you outline the typically sequence of steps?

Archived