[FM17]Basquet Case...

BoxToBox

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Haven't done it in a while, but there is a way to control B-team players training, might be new for 17.... I'll have to futz about with it later.

If I can do that in 16 as well and just haven't figured it out I'm going to be very frustrated about it. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

If I can do that in 16 as well and just haven't figured it out I'm going to be very frustrated about it. :lol: 

This is how you do it in 17, go into your B-teams squad page, click on the training drop-down, and then individual training, and you'll get this screen.

ce369c567372a65306fd21d5e3732ff9.png

The little checkboxes on the left, you click on them for any player who's training you wish to control, and you can set it yourself.

Also, a lot of people don't seem to realise you can use the Position Selected tab in the squad list to set line ups, and the B-teams manager will use the lineup you set whenever possible, if you want players training in specific positions or whatnot.

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

This is how you do it in 17, go into your B-teams squad page, click on the training drop-down, and then individual training, and you'll get this screen.

ce369c567372a65306fd21d5e3732ff9.png

The little checkboxes on the left, you click on them for any player who's training you wish to control, and you can set it yourself.

Also, a lot of people don't seem to realise you can use the Position Selected tab in the squad list to set line ups, and the B-teams manager will use the lineup you set whenever possible, if you want players training in specific positions or whatnot.

Cheers man! 

I'll have to to check this the next time i have FM open to see if I can do it in my save as well. Would give my B-team new meaning again. :D

Season Review!

Garrido Goes Wild, lad was completely unplayable this season, as the squad went on to complete a clean sweep. In fact, Garrido with 49 goals, Alonso with 40, and Griezmann with 29(at 34 years old is quite the feat) showed we had incredible goalscoring power throughout  the squad, which resulted in record points totals and record goals scored with 124. We hit 36 goals in the CL, but it only matched Man Utd's record.

Highlights of the season included popping 12 past Lille, and knocking PSG out of both Cups(all three including the champions cup) asserting ourselves as the dominant Frensh side, and later the world's most reputable.

611d96d51a4bab3a374302a52ab5574f.png7e366eacfe74b0d0e5164f97d7f5eda7.png

League 1 - League 2 - Cups - Champions League

Now, on to the World Cup, and then decisions have to be made.

@BoxToBox I just checked the B-team. I am in shambles. Everything I thought about the B-team was wrong :lol:

My coaches from the first team can coach the B-team too. I can change the training schedule from the players in the B-team etc. I seriously need to look into using it again then, so cheers once again for making me realise I was an idiot. '

And what a brutal season!

I think your dominance calls for either a team swap or a academy players only to regain some challenge.

Just saw a message that a full back at Man City is odds on to be player of the tournament at the World Cup.

04b011f8de6c9ec698e9a0eebe3e7ae4.png

Look at that!!!!! Guy is ridiculous and could easily command most wings on his own, attacking and defending!

1 minute ago, Benjoe said:

@BoxToBox I just checked the B-team. I am in shambles. Everything I thought about the B-team was wrong :lol:

My coaches from the first team can coach the B-team too. I can change the training schedule from the players in the B-team etc. I seriously need to look into using it again then, so cheers once again for making me realise I was an idiot. '

And what a brutal season!

I think your dominance calls for either a team swap or a academy players only to regain some challenge.

Took me far too long to realise how useful B-Teams actually are.

The dominance is a real problem, which is what the majority of decisions are to do with, post World Cup.

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Took me far too long to realise how useful B-Teams actually are.

The dominance is a real problem, which is what the majority of decisions are to do with, post World Cup.

The real stupid part of it is, that I actually used a lot of energy in assigning players for my B-team in the first few seasons at Celta and also went pretty in-depth in the threads first 2 pages talking about the players in the team and how I wanted the B-team to get promoted and all. Then I lost the feeling of value since I couldn't control training - which I clearly could have done...

How are the outlooks for the World Cup? You feel confident? 

We're on even odds with about 5 other countries and ranked 2 in the world, I'd be fairly confident if I didn't remove three key players from my squad though. Arsenal and Barcelona withdrew players from March international fixtures, so now I refuse to call up any of their players. Lucas Digne at Arsenal and a regen DM at Barca are the big losses, but we should do well anyway.

I love how this season you just casually update with "oh by the way we did a clean sweep of all competitions" rather than even bothering to write about the Champions League run. :lol: Speaks volumes of how good the team is now.

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Just saw a message that a full back at Man City is odds on to be player of the tournament at the World Cup.

Look at that!!!!! Guy is ridiculous and could easily command most wings on his own, attacking and defending!

Please be Irish, please be Irish, please be Irish. 

Clean sweep, now just to add the World Cup.

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

That Argentine is quite solid! 

fdbf713b0f2d1bbe5849ec78d89ccdde.png

1015f53e85bb4e915203390a3281312d.png

The biggest shocks here were how easily we dispatched Brazil, and how we almost got knocked out by Switzerland.....

58 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I love how this season you just casually update with "oh by the way we did a clean sweep of all competitions" rather than even bothering to write about the Champions League run. :lol: Speaks volumes of how good the team is now.

The Squad is ridiculous now, and with an average age of 22 after Griezmann's retirement, it's only going to get better.

6 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

Please be Irish, please be Irish, please be Irish. 

Clean sweep, now just to add the World Cup.

I wish! This is Ireland's star player, a lad I've been tracking since he was 16 when my scouting team brought attention to him. Thing is, I think he's a bit underdeveloped, probably could have been world class(he's still turned out a monster of a pure winger), but he didn't play a lot of football until recent seasons. Which was surprising as he was at Forest in the Championship for most of his career. I came *sooooooooo* close to breaking the transfer rules for him.

4c26cfa47f83789aa8eac057a30f6dff.png

8 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

That Argentine is quite solid! 

He'd do a job, alright!

Could have been fun if you'd gone out to Switzerland! :D  Congrats with another trophy! 

And I don't believe I got the credit I deserved for guessing Juan's nationality!

Now, for the decisions....

As it stands, I just can't continue, the squad is too strong and it'll get boring quickly. I've had it happen in a few big saves before.

If I left the club, the only option to continue the theme would be to wait until Anglet is available, and bring them up, or drift to a Spanish Basque side. That's just retreading old ground, though, not greatly interesting. Plus, leaving the club would suck seeing the squad torn apart.

Continue with any homegrown players would be a more ideal choice, but almost all the squad are(or will be) HG at club, so that's still no challenge, and not much different from how things are now.

The ideal option would be to filter out the Spanish, and continue as an intake only(or French) save, but the club is so high rep, I just don't have the quality in a purely French Basque available squad to get anywhere close to board expectations, and wouldn't last the season.

Other than that, close up shop on this save and find something new to do...... This is how I'm leaning.

6 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

We could do with someone like him IRL that's for sure.

What a way to win the World Cup too. Extra time winner from one of your own players.

Not only that, but for Griezmann to win the World Cup in his last game ever. Couldn't have been more perfect.

1 minute ago, Benjoe said:

Could have been fun if you'd gone out to Switzerland! :D  Congrats with another trophy! 

And I don't believe I got the credit I deserved for guessing Juan's nationality!

It was a good shout by you, to be fair!

That fullback is immense, but it seems like he's almost wasted at fullback. My view in fm is that any relatively fast, high stamina player can do a good job at fullback. I've had guys with crossing of 5, dominate at fullback. I've even had technically challenged defenders with pace do a good job at fullback.

Simple suggestion on a similar theme, search for SC Bastia/AC Ajaccio/Gazelec and go for an only "player from Corsica" save (should have been more teams from there in your db, maybe 3/4). Quite impossible to have the same success, but with you... 

But I must believe that s time for another story in another save.

13 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

That fullback is immense, but it seems like he's almost wasted at fullback. My view in fm is that any relatively fast, high stamina player can do a good job at fullback. I've had guys with crossing of 5, dominate at fullback. I've even had technically challenged defenders with pace do a good job at fullback.

I always try and get the best fullbacks possible, but I guess he could be retrained to play at CB though he's a bit average in the air, or anywhere in midfield, would murder as a box to box, ball winner or any kind of holding mid.

5 minutes ago, hessemte said:

Simple suggestion on a similar theme, search for SC Bastia/AC Ajaccio/Gazelec and go for an only "player from Corsica" save (should have been more teams from there in your db, maybe 3/4). Quite impossible to have the same success, but with you... 

But I must believe that s time for another story in another save.

Interesting idea. I guess you'd have to check player by player to find out where they're from.

3 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Interesting idea. I guess you'd have to check player by player to find out where they're from.

Yep you ll have to search player by player or filter by their place of birth if the option still exists in FM. And this wouldnt take much time to set up. But even with your edited db the player pool available should be too poor to achieve 

10 hours ago, noikeee said:

Erm, I had missed before that you were also managing France. Congratulations on the World Cup!

Cheers, I only picked that job up two seasons before the end.

On 23/3/2017 at 22:31, Jimbokav1971 said:

I am not allowed to give any more rep today but the quality is high in here and I've only just finished the 1st page. 

Credit as always to @BoxToBoxbut also to @Willigenburgfor honestly the best kits I have ever seen, (and I don't even like kits in FM). 

If anyone has skipped page 1, go back and look at the kits and press the green arrow. :applause:

On 23/3/2017 at 23:42, BoxToBox said:

Cheers!

Aye, the kits @Willigenburg made are absolutely exceptional.

Guys, I know this is like 5 pages back, but just wanted to say thanks again! If anyone wants kits, just pm me and we'll figure something out ;)

I'm still lurking here, but don't really have time for playing, nor posting, as my master thesis is well underway and taking up most of my time.

@BoxToBox as always, crazy progress dude! Wow!

1 hour ago, nie jem frytek said:

This Corsican club has cracking badge. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS_Furiani-Agliani

I really like that "does what it says on the tin".

1 hour ago, oneronaldo said:

Agreed, much better than the current trend of simplified, "modern", one-lettered nonsense (*cough* Juve *cough*)

That Juve thing is a pisstake... What's worst is some designer probably got paid a whole lot of money for it.

47 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I really like that "does what it says on the tin".

That Juve thing is a pisstake... What's worst is some designer probably got paid a whole lot of money for it.

I can tolerate the Juve badge, but the description of it makes me want to kick somebody in the face.

("The new identity captures Juventus' DNA aesthetics and carves into the sharp lines of an iconic and essential sign. 

'A bold and uncompromising approach which transcends the schemes and the traditions of the football sector.'") 

7 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

I can tolerate the Juve badge, but the description of it makes me want to kick somebody in the face.

("The new identity captures Juventus' DNA aesthetics and carves into the sharp lines of an iconic and essential sign. 

'A bold and uncompromising approach which transcends the schemes and the traditions of the football sector.'") 

*opens Microsoft Word*

*types J*

*opens WordArt*

boom, new club badge, after an hour long shameless bull**** presentation to Juve's directors ???, profit.

I honestly feel sorry for Juventus fans, I mean which part of their old badge wasn't iconic? Even the most casual of football watchers associate black&white oval shaped badge with Juventus.

1 hour ago, oneronaldo said:

*opens Microsoft Word*

*types J*

*opens WordArt*

boom, new club badge, after an hour long shameless bull**** presentation to Juve's directors ???, profit.

Honestly it's a little exageratted. The J is a very tough letter to design. The way the graphists work it is superb, with this semi pennant shape. And the way the T appears in negative between the "double J" and the "Juventus" above.

But yes that s not a football crest/badge, just think a new brand logo. I dont think the aim was to seduce those who already like the club or just barely know the club.

logo-juventus-2.jpg

But cant stop laughing with the Furiani's one.

Archived