FM17: Arsenal

llama3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, arsenalthebest said:

Just started my third season am considering replaceing Alexis and Özil at the end of the season any recommendations?

I signed Pogba and Neymar. 

Go big. 

My team in 3rd season:

4-4-2 (Wingers pushed up)

Donnaruma; Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Alaba; Pogba, Maia; Sanchez, Griezmann; Neymar, Dybala.

Back to back PL titles.

Havn't yet made it to the CL Semi's.. :I

46 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

How did you get Pogba from United? Or how much did it cost, should i ask?

£160m

Yes it is a lot but he is Worth every penny, he is an animal as a B2B. 

With the amount money you have and the sales you can recuperate at Arsenal it's a no brainer. 

On 1-3-2017 at 10:11, toby14 said:

My team in 3rd season:

4-4-2 (Wingers pushed up)

Donnaruma; Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Alaba; Pogba, Maia; Sanchez, Griezmann; Neymar, Dybala.

Wow your team looks amazing. Didn't think it would be possible to sign so many star players so soon. Can you share your transfer history maybe?

Hi all,

Just finished my fourth season and pleased to say it went well.

Final league standings:

20170302203751_1.thumb.jpg.457410ec8abba8616a6a77e005d027cc.jpg

Unfortunately, we drew our final game of the season so just missed out on the record points and wins total. But overall, very good. We led from very early for the entire season and regularly had a 7-10 point lead.

We also had a great run in the Champions League, including the previously mentioned thumping of Tottenham. We also beat Atletico Madrid home and away to set up a final appearance versus Juventus. This is how that went:

20170302203933_1.thumb.jpg.9e22b7edf492f3548afda7a62c3d562a.jpg

This is my current squad, check out the stats on Dybala. Amazing season.

20170302203852_1.thumb.jpg.cc1ff84d5f6455c8eb2e8943146cfb50.jpg

This is a brief summary of his award winning season - absolutely mental.

20170302204751_1.thumb.jpg.df5a5a3131ed09932086fd4e90d7aad7.jpg

I have, unfortunately, got a few issues to contend with in the summer.

Bellerin -I accidentally promised him he could go to Barca if we didn't win the Champions League. We managed it but now he wants to go Madrid!

Xhaka - Promised we would discuss a new contract in the summer. I asked Wenger to negotiate and he declined. Now accusing me of breaking a promise and wants to leave

Draxler - Desperate to join Bayern. In January, I promised he could go if they bid £52mil. They didn't and he had a great second half of the season - now in the summer they are interested again.

You would think retaining the league and winning Champions League would keep people happy! Apparently not. 

Oh and Cech has retired. Plenty to do this summer!!

3 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Hi all,

Just finished my fourth season and pleased to say it went well.

Final league standings:

20170302203751_1.thumb.jpg.457410ec8abba8616a6a77e005d027cc.jpg

Unfortunately, we drew our final game of the season so just missed out on the record points and wins total. But overall, very good. We led from very early for the entire season and regularly had a 7-10 point lead.

We also had a great run in the Champions League, including the previously mentioned thumping of Tottenham. We also beat Atletico Madrid home and away to set up a final appearance versus Juventus. This is how that went:

20170302203933_1.thumb.jpg.9e22b7edf492f3548afda7a62c3d562a.jpg

This is my current squad, check out the stats on Dybala. Amazing season.

20170302203852_1.thumb.jpg.cc1ff84d5f6455c8eb2e8943146cfb50.jpg

This is a brief summary of his award winning season - absolutely mental.

20170302204751_1.thumb.jpg.df5a5a3131ed09932086fd4e90d7aad7.jpg

I have, unfortunately, got a few issues to contend with in the summer.

Bellerin -I accidentally promised him he could go to Barca if we didn't win the Champions League. We managed it but now he wants to go Madrid!

Xhaka - Promised we would discuss a new contract in the summer. I asked Wenger to negotiate and he declined. Now accusing me of breaking a promise and wants to leave

Draxler - Desperate to join Bayern. In January, I promised he could go if they bid £52mil. They didn't and he had a great second half of the season - now in the summer they are interested again.

You would think retaining the league and winning Champions League would keep people happy! Apparently not. 

Oh and Cech has retired. Plenty to do this summer!!

what tactic/s are you using?

Enjoying reading through this thread - keep the updates updated! I'll practice what I preach by bringing a little update of my own...

As previously mentioned, I started my save with Arsenal in May, 2017. I came into a club who just won their first Premier League title in well over a decade. So far, things are going pretty okay. Joining in May meant I had a good opportunity to stamp my own mark on the Arsenal squad. Here's what I did:-

58b97832e4dad_Arsenal-TransfersSummer2017.thumb.png.d83cb79c92557428d20413e2b52882bb.pngAs you can probably see, I didn't change much - largely because I didn't want to. A host of fringe players -- namely Ospina, Gabriel, Campbell, Jenkinson and Gibbs -- left, which generated a relatively sizeable transfer kitty. Wilshere also left; he suited my style, his versatility was a big asset, but with a year left on his contract, it wasn't viable to keep him.

There was little in the way of incomings, but those who did come in, I was very pleased with. Andrew Robertson replaces Gibbs, but isn't necessarily of the quality to become the undisputed first-team left-back. He's a very good deputy to Monreal, but still offers the opportunity to bring in a Grimaldo once Monreal leaves.

Nadiem Amiri was someone I started chasing in May. I think he's really great and perfect for the style I want to implement -- young, technically excellent, versatile and possesses great potential. I actually had a £20 million offer rebuffed earlier in the summer, so my accepted second offer, later in the summer, was a pleasant surprise. Amiri is actually having a really positive first season. 

Onto the results, see below. Generally pretty good. Pre-season wasn't the most convincing, but it did test me quite well. The Community Shield acted as a sort of barometer as to how ready we were going into the season, so a comprehensive victory over Pep's City was very encouraging.

Throughout the season, I've played some really good football, which is my main aim -- and also a club philosophy and an Arsène legacy, of course. I thought we were unlucky to lose at Old Trafford; Szczęsny made a rare mistake to gift Martial a back-post tap-in. The run of form following that sums up the season: generally pretty good, but frustratingly inconsistent.

We do struggle to balance our game sometimes, which leads to results like Shakhtar and Burnley away, as well as Crystal Palace at home. It's certainly something to work on.

58b97e13d3ae4_Arsenal-2017-2018ResultsNovember11th.thumb.png.af94a2abab2c38257191d6a0a9c1b21e.png 58b97fd35bf02_Arsenal-PremierLeaguetable2017-2018November11th.thumb.png.b13b62dff673c91050c88b869617437a.png

Tactics is something I'm very interested in and is largely why this Arsenal save has been so enjoyable. My preferred systems are a standard 4-3-3 and a take on a 3-4-3. Saying that, both are subject to change, particularly in-game as I do enjoy micro-managing, reacting to what I see on the pitch and to my opponents' strengths and / or weaknesses. If anyone has any questions, I'd be more than willing to post screenshots and participate in discussions.

PS: does anyone know how to integrate images without them being in the interactive widget thing? 

1 hour ago, dily said:

has anyone started a game on new update? whats sanchez's best position, he is natural as a CF now, has he worked for anyone in that role?

Hey man, I've started one. I still play Sanchez as an Inside Forward/AML, he's plugged in a couple of games up top but didn't do anything. 

Hello all, how is everyone getting on since the latest patch? 

I'm not doing too bad - although Xhaka is a right wally, I've been gradually bringing him in but he's kicked off he's not playing enough so I transfer listed him. Now all my other midfielders are saying he doesn't deserve a place in the side. 

Had horrendous long term injuries so signed Lacazette & Lars Bender who have both been superb. 

12 hours ago, dily said:

has anyone started a game on new update? whats sanchez's best position, he is natural as a CF now, has he worked for anyone in that role?

I've just started a new save on this new update. Haven't played a single game yet, still messing around with getting rid of old staff and bringing new staff in. One thing I've noticed so far is that we have more slots for coaching staff for 1st team squad (8, I believe, >9) and u18 squad (5>6), also for 1st team physio (3>6). Still, good staff is hard to find at the start of the game. (Want to keep Primorac, but his wage is insane.)

PS: I'm so bored playing plain vanilla, so I'mma use FMRTE to search for staff and players in this save, and also use the base tactics from @Ö-zil to the Arsenal! (Jogo Bonito – because, yeah, 4231 –, and maybe later on the latest Pep one). 

21 hours ago, LLNDVS said:

Enjoying reading through this thread - keep the updates updated! I'll practice what I preach by bringing a little update of my own...

As previously mentioned, I started my save with Arsenal in May, 2017. I came into a club who just won their first Premier League title in well over a decade. So far, things are going pretty okay. Joining in May meant I had a good opportunity to stamp my own mark on the Arsenal squad. Here's what I did:-

58b97832e4dad_Arsenal-TransfersSummer2017.thumb.png.d83cb79c92557428d20413e2b52882bb.pngAs you can probably see, I didn't change much - largely because I didn't want to. A host of fringe players -- namely Ospina, Gabriel, Campbell, Jenkinson and Gibbs -- left, which generated a relatively sizeable transfer kitty. Wilshere also left; he suited my style, his versatility was a big asset, but with a year left on his contract, it wasn't viable to keep him.

There was little in the way of incomings, but those who did come in, I was very pleased with. Andrew Robertson replaces Gibbs, but isn't necessarily of the quality to become the undisputed first-team left-back. He's a very good deputy to Monreal, but still offers the opportunity to bring in a Grimaldo once Monreal leaves.

Nadiem Amiri was someone I started chasing in May. I think he's really great and perfect for the style I want to implement -- young, technically excellent, versatile and possesses great potential. I actually had a £20 million offer rebuffed earlier in the summer, so my accepted second offer, later in the summer, was a pleasant surprise. Amiri is actually having a really positive first season. 

Onto the results, see below. Generally pretty good. Pre-season wasn't the most convincing, but it did test me quite well. The Community Shield acted as a sort of barometer as to how ready we were going into the season, so a comprehensive victory over Pep's City was very encouraging.

Throughout the season, I've played some really good football, which is my main aim -- and also a club philosophy and an Arsène legacy, of course. I thought we were unlucky to lose at Old Trafford; Szczęsny made a rare mistake to gift Martial a back-post tap-in. The run of form following that sums up the season: generally pretty good, but frustratingly inconsistent.

We do struggle to balance our game sometimes, which leads to results like Shakhtar and Burnley away, as well as Crystal Palace at home. It's certainly something to work on.

58b97e13d3ae4_Arsenal-2017-2018ResultsNovember11th.thumb.png.af94a2abab2c38257191d6a0a9c1b21e.png 58b97fd35bf02_Arsenal-PremierLeaguetable2017-2018November11th.thumb.png.b13b62dff673c91050c88b869617437a.png

Tactics is something I'm very interested in and is largely why this Arsenal save has been so enjoyable. My preferred systems are a standard 4-3-3 and a take on a 3-4-3. Saying that, both are subject to change, particularly in-game as I do enjoy micro-managing, reacting to what I see on the pitch and to my opponents' strengths and / or weaknesses. If anyone has any questions, I'd be more than willing to post screenshots and participate in discussions.

PS: does anyone know how to integrate images without them being in the interactive widget thing? 

why didn't you renew his contract?

23 hours ago, dily said:

He is a scoring and assisting machine as an attacking right winger as a Raumdeuter. 

On 03/03/2017 at 14:43, LLNDVS said:

I'm a big fan of Amiri, dude. On my save I'm in mid-January, first season and he has been transfer listed by request and is available for £8M! I bought Julian Brandt for £22M though. Not sure what to do. 

8 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

why didn't you renew his contract?

Didn't think he deserved a £40k wage rise. I've already surpassed the FFP wage increase regulations because Arsène gave Alexis and Mesut contracts worth £300,000-a-week. Wilshere's qualities are replicated in Iwobi, Amiri, even Oxlade-Chamberlain to an extent.

1 hour ago, WillyBroadband said:

I'm a big fan of Amiri, dude. On my save I'm in mid-January, first season and he has been transfer listed by request and is available for £8M! I bought Julian Brandt for £22M though. Not sure what to do. 

Really like him in real-life and thought he'd suit what I want to do very well. I'm looking at Brandt as well, because I may have to sell Alexis come season's end. Brandt has good basic attributes to become a very good centre-forward, in my opinion.

15 hours ago, LLNDVS said:

Really like him in real-life and thought he'd suit what I want to do very well. I'm looking at Brandt as well, because I may have to sell Alexis come season's end. Brandt has good basic attributes to become a very good centre-forward, in my opinion.

Yeah man me too, I follow the Bundesliga. Probably another reason why I've signed Brandt & Bender. 

Also, I normally get rid of Wilshere too. 

5 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

@LLNDVS PS I'm also contemplating selling Sanchez. Feels a bit mental to do so though, maybe. 

Probably quite realistic now too! I pretty much have to sell him because I'm wildly overshooting my allowed FFP wage expenditure. Apparently, I'll only get a big fine, but havig two players on £275k+ p/w isn't healthy, really.

1 hour ago, LLNDVS said:

Probably quite realistic now too! I pretty much have to sell him because I'm wildly overshooting my allowed FFP wage expenditure. Apparently, I'll only get a big fine, but havig two players on £275k+ p/w isn't healthy, really.

These FFP wage things can be misleading though, man. I've had a similar thing before when I thought I was going to get a fine but nothing happened. It's a bit of an odd one.

50 minutes ago, toby14 said:

Its happened guys.

Its the year 2019 and Leo Messi plays for Arsenal. 

His contract make destroy the club, but It'll be worth it..  No. Regrets.

Oh cool, man! How much did he cost & what are his wages? He must still be good at 32/33. 

1 hour ago, WillyBroadband said:

Oh cool, man! How much did he cost & what are his wages? He must still be good at 32/33. 

Barca wouldn't negotiate or listen to anything, so broke his minimum fee release clause of £129m. Wages initially £400k and rise to £475k after 5 games.. Also included crazy clauses and bonuses. 

He'll be worth every penny, already scored 7 and has 4 assists in first 4 games.  

On 02/03/2017 at 19:19, Nr. 9 said:

Wow your team looks amazing. Didn't think it would be possible to sign so many star players so soon. Can you share your transfer history maybe?

I may be a self proclaimed FM expert, but my technology knowledge is rather shocking, how do i go about uploading photos of my transfers on here? Tried print screening but that was a massive fail.. Appreciate any help in advance. 

Just thought I'd give you lads an update of my first season since the latest patch. I won the league, CL & League Cup but I did spend over £100M which is more than I would normally like. 

Only conceded 12 goals in the league which is bonkers, really. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 19.40.33.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 19.41.57.png

I've had an outstanding season so far - unbeaten in all 23 competitive matches so far. I'm currently coping without Ozil - injured for 2 months, already lost Alexis for a month in October and survived there too. We've had some games that have blown sides away, some where we've just been in control all the way and some where we just got a bit lucky. 

In the EFL Cup semi finals against Reading. I beat Southampton in the QF - was 0-1 down with 2 minutes to go but Elneny and Giroud got me the late late goals.

FA Cup - away to Liverpool in Round 3.

Champions League - topped a group of Benfica, RB Salzburg & Olympiakos

League - top by 9 points after 14 games.

Ramsey has 9 goals so far this season and Giroud has 15. Been a great year so far! Challenging week now though; H Stoke, A Everton, A Man City

On 3/8/2017 at 15:20, toby14 said:

I may be a self proclaimed FM expert, but my technology knowledge is rather shocking, how do i go about uploading photos of my transfers on here? Tried print screening but that was a massive fail.. Appreciate any help in advance. 

Use the in game function, hold ALT then press F9. The screen should be under "mydocuments"/sportsinteractive/FM17/screenshots.

Alternatively you can use the screenshot function in Steam. By default it is the F12 key, steam overlay should be enabled (this is also by default). Just press F12 in game and the screen should be in your steam screenshot folder (you can check this in steam "settings" --> "in game").

Bellerin has just broken my heart and told me he wants to leave to join Barcelona. I really don't want to lose him, but I don't think I have a choice if they bid for him.

Considering Monreal wants to go to PSG as well, I'll need to find myself a DL and a DR!

11 hours ago, Sean3h said:

Bellerin has just broken my heart and told me he wants to leave to join Barcelona. I really don't want to lose him, but I don't think I have a choice if they bid for him.

Considering Monreal wants to go to PSG as well, I'll need to find myself a DL and a DR!

What season are you in?

I tied Bellerin to a 5 year contract with an option for me to extend it by 3 years. So in practice, it's an 8 year contract.

On 3/8/2017 at 19:44, WillyBroadband said:

Just thought I'd give you lads an update of my first season since the latest patch. I won the league, CL & League Cup but I did spend over £100M which is more than I would normally like. 

Only conceded 12 goals in the league which is bonkers, really. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 19.40.33.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 19.41.57.png

Interesting lack of goals during your games, could we see your tactical set-up. Quite conservative i imagine?

Also did Ronaldinho prove useful at all?

10 hours ago, llama3 said:

What season are you in?

I tied Bellerin to a 5 year contract with an option for me to extend it by 3 years. So in practice, it's an 8 year contract.

I'm only in season 1 - started another save with the official data update. Comfortably top after around half a season and I've only lost 1 game so far, which was 1-0 to Real Madrid in the CL.

I'm having a look at Sergi Roberto as a replacement for Bellerin. I'm playing IWBs so Roberto may be able to do a job there.

Barcelona have wasted absolutely no time at all and on the 1st of Jan they enquired about Bellerin. I asked for £30m plus Sergi Roberto, and on the next day they returned with a non-negotiable £42.5m bid for Hector. As I've promised to let him go and it's almost double his value I've had to accept it.

Other transfers out could well be: Iwobi to Liverpool (an enquiry has been made), Gabriel to PSG (roughly £25m) and Monreal to PSG (enquiry)

18 hours ago, MattLDempsey said:

Interesting lack of goals during your games, could we see your tactical set-up. Quite conservative i imagine?

Also did Ronaldinho prove useful at all?

Yeah, I'm more like the George Graham, Arsenal of the late 80's early 90's. I'm not on my own laptop at the moment so I'll send tactics later. 

I play 4-3-3 on Standard mostly. 

Ronaldinho was hopeless tbh man. I just signed him as I had really bad injuries* but I barely used him. Preferred Reiss Nelson instead. 

*and also possibly for sentimental reasons 

1 hour ago, Sean3h said:

Barcelona have wasted absolutely no time at all and on the 1st of Jan they enquired about Bellerin. I asked for £30m plus Sergi Roberto, and on the next day they returned with a non-negotiable £42.5m bid for Hector. As I've promised to let him go and it's almost double his value I've had to accept it.

Other transfers out could well be: Iwobi to Liverpool (an enquiry has been made), Gabriel to PSG (roughly £25m) and Monreal to PSG (enquiry)

Ah man, thats a shame to lose Hector. He's my highest paid player -on £120K p/w- now I've sold Sanchez & Özil (Man Utd & PSG) 

Re Iwobi - Liverpool offered £33M for him, I asked for £50M plus 30% sell on fee & rejected it. Since then he has been playing unbelievably good as a AMR/Winger.

I also sold Monreal to PSG for about £12M and less than a year later he's transfer listed for about £4M. I really didn't want to sell him but he wanted to leave.  

On 10/03/2017 at 23:25, Sean3h said:

I signed Josh Tymon from Hull as a LB option who has been good. Calum Chambers & Carl Jenkinson are more than capable RB's, IMO. 

Archived