FM 16: Good Wingers (11s and 7s)

crestofadave

FM16: Good Wingers

29cb3bs.jpg

Aren't we all hoping to unearth the next Antonio Valencia?

Hey all,

Over the past few days I've been trying to find the right (and left!) wingers in FM2016. Haven't found a lot of information out there, so I said why not throw it out here. What players have you all been finding work best on the wings (also known as AML and AMR)?

I know there is a good midfielders thread but I almost feel like wingers are a separate breed.

We can probably avoid the very best (although I have heard of this Argentinian chap at Barcelona who might be worth a look). But I'm hoping to see all manner of wingers, from those for top clubs, to the those for lower leagues and for those who have reached their potential and those who can be trained to be the very best.

Probably best to stick with the format of other threads so here is the template:

Name:

Nationality:

Club:

Position:

Value:

Sale Value:

Level of team suited for:

Work Permit Needed?:

I've never made a thread like this before, so hopefully it should be alright!

Name: Son Heung-Min

Nationality: Korean

Club: Spurs

Position: MR (best position) but can also play AMR/AML/ST/ML

Value: Around £25m

Sale Value: Around £45m

Level of team suited for: Top teams

Work Permit Needed?: Not sure - don't think he needed one - got it easily if he did

Incredible player. Best player I've used on this years game.

Name: Juan Iturbe

Nationality: Argentinian

Club: Roma

Position: RW

Value: (to update)

Sale Value: (to update)

Level of team suited for: Top level

Work Permit Needed?: I presume so but it won't be a problem at his level.

I'll start off, a mate of mine swear by Juan Iturbe. He claims he is one of the best players in the game, will score goals galore from the wings and buying him is the same as buying the league itself, he's such a sure thing.

Is he right?? I've never actually owned Iturbe but I'm tempted to splash the cash (if I can find it!).

Name: Son Heung-Min

Nationality: Korean

Club: Spurs

Position: MR (best position) but can also play AMR/AML/ST/ML

Value: Around £25m

Sale Value: Around £45m

Level of team suited for: Top teams

Work Permit Needed?: Not sure - don't think he needed one - got it easily if he did

Incredible player. Best player I've used on this years game.

Seen his name pop up again and again in recent days. How hard is he to prise away from Spurs considering they only just bought him though? Will they let him go in the first window(s)?

Name: Jon Taylor

Nationality: English

Club: Peterborough United

Position: MR/AMR

Value: Not sure what it starts at, second season £2.3M

Sale Value: N/A

Level of team suited for: Championship, maybe even lower Prem

Work Permit Needed?: No

First season, League One, played as a WM(S) and occassionally a W(S). Played 46, 16 goals, 21 assists, 10 POM, 7.57 average rating. Player of the year in the league and he's hit the ground running in the Championship for me.

Name: Nordin amrabat

Nationality: Moroccan

Club: Malaga

Position: mr / amr

Value: n/a

Sale: n/a

Level: premier league

best winger Iv had on fm16 so far. He almost single handed got me 3rd place and champions league football in first season with Malaga. Now in Jan 17 he's scored 14 goals this season and assisted almost 10. I play him as winger support in a 4231 with full back attack behind him and a advanced forward upfront. epiccccc

marquinhos_ae_jeronimodocarmo.jpg

Name: Marcos Antônio "Marquinhos" da Silva Gonçalves

Nationality: Brazilian

Club: Cruzeiro

Position: Right midfielder, Right winger, Striker

Value: Around 3,7 Euro million

Sale Value: Same as value

Level of team suited for: Upper top/top sides

Work Permit Needed?: Yes, he gets it first try

Devastating Acc/Pace, Flair and Work Rate. Good dribbling, crossing, passing and finishing skills. A great addition to any team.

I really prefer my wingers to wear 7 & 8 (with the first backup getting 15)

11 is reserved for the pacy first-choice striker

Ricardo Centurion is a pretty good AML (he might be AMR capable, but he really isn't) for around 3m for a top side, and gets a WP in season 1 (though might struggle if you offer him a new contract, being Argentine)

likewise Andre Carillo (from Sporting POR) typically gets released at the end of season 1, and is a quality AMR

Name: Nathan Redmond

Club: Norwich

Position: MR, AMR

Value: ~£8m

Sale Value: Bought for £10m in 2017 after Norwich got relegated. Likely higher cost if they stay in the Premier League.

Level of team suited for: Premier League

A good old fashioned winger. Lots of pace, good dribbling and crossing combined with 'runs with ball down right' and 'knocks ball past opponent' PPMs. 20+ assists from the right wing in his first season with me after signing.

Couldn't think of one that puts in a more reliable cross than Valencia's right boot...

I think we've been watching a different player. Valencia never gets near the byline and chooses a simple pass across field, rather than running past a wing back.

I think we've been watching a different player. Valencia never gets near the byline and chooses a simple pass across field, rather than running past a wing back.

Before he broke his ankle against Rangers he was the epitome of an out and out winger

Couldn't think of one that puts in a more reliable cross than Valencia's right boot...

Either this is strong sarcasm, or we're not watching the same player. Valencia's possibly the most frustrating player I've ever seen, I count 1 cross with his left foot in the 6 years he's been at United and refuses to cross even when defender is deliberately leaving his left foot free.

Name: Demetri Mitchell

Club: Manchester United

Position: AMR/AML

Value: n/a

Sale Value: n/a

Level of team suited for: Probably League1 or Championship at a push at the beginning.

Dribbling, somewhat, pace, ohh yess its about all this guy has at the beginning. Worth developing, and AFAIK no stupid PPMs like "Cuts Inside" to stop him from picking up chalk from hugging the touchline. Will probably happily play center forward as well as he's no midget at almost 6ft.

Either this is strong sarcasm, or we're not watching the same player. Valencia's possibly the most frustrating player I've ever seen, I count 1 cross with his left foot in the 6 years he's been at United and refuses to cross even when defender is deliberately leaving his left foot free.

It was mainly sarcasm, Valencia used to be a good winger but those days are long gone. I just thought it was funny to go with a picture of him when even United fans don't rate him!

It was mainly sarcasm, Valencia used to be a good winger but those days are long gone. I just thought it was funny to go with a picture of him when even United fans don't rate him!

We've gone from Giggs/Beckham to Giggs/Ronaldo and now we don't even have wingers as Valencia is out for 5months, while LvG is busy beating all the flair out of our only shining light Lingard presumably. Oh deary me:lol:

Name: Mohammed Elyounoussi

Nationality: Norweigan

Club: Molde

Position: AML (IF)

Value: 700K

Sale Value: About 1.5million

Level of team suited for: Could fit in for any team from Arsenal to Bournemouth

Work Permit Needed?:Nope

Scores goals from AML all season, worth getting in even as backup but i'd always start him.

Name: Demarai Grey

Club: Birmingham

Position: M/AM RL

Value: £7.25m

Sale Value: £5m release clause

Level of team suited for: Premier league

Name: Pione Sisto

Nationality:

Club: FC Midtiylland

Value: £4.1m

Sale Value: £7-£13.5m

Work Permit Needed?: no

Name: Demarai Grey

Club: Birmingham

Value: £7.25m

Sale Value: £5m release clause

Name: Pione Sisto

Nationality:

Club: FC Midtiylland

Value: £4.1m

Sale Value: £7-£13.5m

Work Permit Needed?: no

Great choices,, pretty sure Sisto has a release clause too.. 6 million I believe?

Name : Yoann Court

Nationality : French

Club : Troyes

Position : M/AMRL

Value : 700k

Sale Value : 625k (transfer-listed)

Level of team suited for : lower prem/championship ?

Work Permit : not needed

transfer listed at the beginning of the game, scored 10 goals in his first 13 games from right wing for me in my Rangers season, would easily be good enough for most/all English Championship sides, probably some Premiership teams also, very left-footed

Antonio Candreva was ridiculously good for my Lazio side in the first season. 22 goals and 31 assists in 50 games leading me us to the Serie A title. A proper old fashioned right winger and a goal/assist machine. Finding him difficult to replace.

He then forced through a £40m transfer to Real Madrid.

The only downside is that he'll cost a lot of money and is 28 years old when the game starts.

• 2 weeks later...
Antonio Candreva was ridiculously good for my Lazio side in the first season. 22 goals and 31 assists in 50 games leading me us to the Serie A title. A proper old fashioned right winger and a goal/assist machine. Finding him difficult to replace.

He then forced through a £40m transfer to Real Madrid.

The only downside is that he'll cost a lot of money and is 28 years old when the game starts.

Ended up signing Andre Carrillo on a free to replace Candreva in season 2. He got 10 goals and 17 assists in 36 games with an average rating of 7.58. He's a great signing on a free at the end of season 2. After one season I sold him to PSG for £68m up front so made a huge profit on him. Just replaced him with Leroy sane for £33m so I'll see if he can live up to my previous two right wingers that have ended up fetching me £108m in the first two seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Rodrigo bentancur

Nationality: Uruguayan

Club: boca

Position: rw

Value: 700k

Sale Value: 4-6 mil

Level of team suited for: first couple seasons championship to lower prem teams, around 2018 top teams

Work Permit Needed?: yes, sometimes it goes through, overs it takes an appeal

in 2018 he scored 25 goals and got 32 assists for me (Liverpool manager)

• 2 weeks later...
Name: Rodrigo bentancur

Nationality: Uruguayan

Club: boca

Position: rw

Value: 700k

Sale Value: 4-6 mil

Level of team suited for: first couple seasons championship to lower prem teams, around 2018 top teams

Work Permit Needed?: yes, sometimes it goes through, overs it takes an appeal

in 2018 he scored 25 goals and got 32 assists for me (Liverpool manager)

Can second Bentancur, and will add that even if you're a Championship team you can usually get him on loan with a view to buy for around 3m.

Archived