FM16: Leeds United FC - Everybody loves Massimo!

higgins

Just finished my first season with Leeds. Somehow managed to win the league, was quite lucky as I only got 5 points from the last 5 games but none of the top 4 performed! Also only scored the relatively low 63 goals, luckily only conceded 41 (lease in the league).

Like most I didn't sign many permanent players, only Mikkel Duelund for 500k and Tommy Smith for 3mill as I sold Bellusci.

Also bought in Rolando Aarons on loan (QUALITY! 10 gls 15 asst in 38 games), Brandon Barker (good squad winger), Tyias Browning (squad CB) and Emmanuel Riviere in Jan (rubbish tbh 3 gls in 18 games).

Tactics and starting line up was as follows -

GK - Silvestri

DR (FB/Su) Byram

CB - Cooper and Smith

LB (FB/Su) - Taylor

CM (DLP - SU) - Mowatt

CM ( BWM - De) - Adeyemi

CM (AP - SU) - Cook

LW - (IF - Att) Dallas

RW - (W - Su) Aarons

ST (AF) - Antenucci

Antenucci was quality up top with 18 gls in 35. Woods just didn't do anything for me with 1 goal in 11 starts and 10 sub apps.

Dallas was also key with 16 gls and 11 assists. Hopefully will be as good in the Prem.

Got 22mill to spend this summer, and a squad that needs lots of strengthening! Aiming to predominantly have English (well UK+Ire) players, which maybe cost lots. Hopefully will get a few bargains from relegated Leicester, Norwich and *cough* Sunderland.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does your midfield duo go? I wouldn't have thought that's the best combination to use, neither role is defensively sound :onmehead:

I actually play Cook as defensive DLP + Wanyama as BWM is good enough midfield.. i think :)

BTW, my FM save is really bizarre.. in 2018-2020 Norwich, Aston Villa and Leicester are top 4 sides.. playing Champions League and all.. and theyre doing so without any decent players. Meanwhile Arsenal and ManU fighting for the place in top 7. Really strange.

What a great source for players this thread is! Mine will be a newcomer in Alex Iwobi. Class! Fired me out of the championship when Glenn Murray and Danny Graham did jack ****. Just signed him for 4 mill and 2 mill once he's scored 50 goals. Looks a bargain. Got rui Pedro max Romero cue nunnelly all on loan to beef out the squad. That's the thing I've found I like to rotate here and there for optimum fitness. I got bentancur after he was on loan also for 4 mill. Renato Sanchez 6 mill. Ante rebic looks decent in pre season as false 9. Clinton njie as an inside forward on the left. Only reason rebic is my first choice is the other lads still need developing. Got promoted in season 2 and the young Leeds quartet which includes mowatt people!

Howdy all, managed to get Leeds promoted in first season. Close to beginning season in Prem and Cook's contract runs out at end of season and is refusing to even talk about a new one...annoyingly thought I'd offer him a new one during the first season :( Any recommendations on getting him to sign a new one? Or am I going to have to hope to win some games to get up the table to match his ambitions?

Also, what's Byram like as a right back in Prem? I've still got Berardi too and I've got a chance to sign Trippier for 3.3m, weren't sure if to buy him or stick with these two?

Cheers

Howdy all, managed to get Leeds promoted in first season. Close to beginning season in Prem and Cook's contract runs out at end of season and is refusing to even talk about a new one...annoyingly thought I'd offer him a new one during the first season :( Any recommendations on getting him to sign a new one? Or am I going to have to hope to win some games to get up the table to match his ambitions?

Also, what's Byram like as a right back in Prem? I've still got Berardi too and I've got a chance to sign Trippier for 3.3m, weren't sure if to buy him or stick with these two?

Cheers

You'll have to do well, and try sign some high quality players (not always easy I know). Leave it until October and try again, then try him every week in December up until the transfer window opens, that's when I got him to sign. Good luck.

Have just completed the first transfer window for my now Premier League Leeds, must admit that 20 million definitely wasn't enough for my plan to push the UK and IRE player approach. Homegrown players seem to cost a lot more this year, and the level of wages they're getting also is mad (Bamford on 30k a week for example!).

None the less, bought in a fair few players that I hope will help keep us in the Prem. Aiming for a 10th-12th finish if I'm lucky.

Managed to get Luca Marrone on a free, very happy to have a good defensive midfielder in the team who can pass. Also got Nicola Leali on a free from Juve, although he is rated the same as Silvestri by most my staff. Got an extra * potential though!

Also got Jon Walters on a free, decent squad player that can play out on the wing or up top.

My main money signings were -

Cauley Woodrow 5.25m - Done well for me in last years FM. Strong and tall-ish (6ft) with potential and he is English. Reminds me of Shearer (bold statement?!).

Harry Maguire 5m - Another young English man with potential. Not the fastest but strong, good at heading, marking and tackling, and old school English CB and what I like :)

Jairo Reidewald 5m - My surprise signing. Didn't think i'd get him. Imo a good partner for Maguire, fast(er), can pass and is left footed. A player with lots of potential and only 19 but mentally rounded enough to start in the Prem.

Jesse Lingard 2.4m - a risky one as he's ex-Man U. A player with potential talent as a left sided inside forward, has pace, finishing and flair.

Ben Chilwell 1m - Leicester got relegated and I like the look of him. Potential to be better than Taylor (if he gets games!!).

Raul Meireles 220k - Experienced CM with good technical and mental ability. Sadly he's slow (9 acc and 7 pace) but should be good squad player and tutor.

Also got Thauvin and Joe Gomez on loan.

It's not going to be easy, but we look better than the other promoted sides of Wolves and Ipswich so hopefully can push Leeds forwards and back to their rightful place in the Prem for the forseeable future!!

Finally getting back to my Leeds save after getting hooked on my Lazio save for a bit. I've been making preparations for my second season in the Prem and came across Nadiem Amiri from Hoffenheim. Snapped him up for only £1.1m and he looks superb. Young, good team player, and buckets of potential he still has to fulfill. He's at 3.5* in this screenshot and has 5* potential according to my scouts.

5bRnmYb.jpg

Just finished my first season, finished 11th which was actually pretty good for me, usually takes me a few attempts to complete it with my job intact :p Anyway, i'vecome to preseason and my best players (Cook, Taylor etc) are needing contract renewals, but they are being refused citing a lack of quality in the squad that matches their ambitions. Is there any way i can resolve this or do i just need to cash in before they leave on frees at the end of the season?

Thanks!

Hey all, Great to see the regs and new players alike back.

Started a save, as usual, and like Nicko, I've gone and overhauled the squad.

Transfers

0924a4b333450f25b903bc826c44d0bd.png

Didn't quite go to plan, I targeted a new strikeforce, but didn't plan on bringing in so many of them, will have to loan some out I think.

Meet the new players:

Callejon

Fantastic player, can play any attacking position he's needed, I see him as my own budget Mata.

d39fdd6e1de2e1045d0da95570af7a92.png

Osmar

Bargain ball playing defender, originally brought in to play dmc, but more likely to be my number one CB.

139f016ff7780f53d75dc22741bb4eb7.png

Damian Schmidt

Argentinian with Italian passport and a release fee of just 400k, no brainer (also, tipped irl to be a big player)

bbdb0b7d46bebaa68d93940cddaa3bf0.pngAugustin Torassa

Old regulars from FM and the Leeds threads in particular may remember this pacey winger, still a bargain at £115k. Pace, composure and crossing.

4b9eac95e96d571fb0575805534038c8.pngPotocny

Bargain Striker I couldn't turn down, pace, power, finishing, heading, everything. Not much potential to grow though.

316b81a53e0858e8784cbcf5b6be1134.png

Jose Valencia

Probably my favourite find so far in this save, free transfer who I tried signing more in hope than anything, to my surprise, he got a permit, brilliant freebie.

7898ab6ba275886254d58a96a3039bd1.png

Right, think that's everyone, will update with pre season and tactics etc after they've been molded into something cohesive.

Just ask if you'd like a screenie or info on anyone :)

What league/countries and database etc. did you have set up to get Valencia etc ? I cant search him anywhere. TIA ps new to the forum

Just finished my first season, finished 11th which was actually pretty good for me, usually takes me a few attempts to complete it with my job intact :p Anyway, i'vecome to preseason and my best players (Cook, Taylor etc) are needing contract renewals, but they are being refused citing a lack of quality in the squad that matches their ambitions. Is there any way i can resolve this or do i just need to cash in before they leave on frees at the end of the season?

Thanks!

The best way to resolve that is to buy better players. :p If that's not an option, then you can try to convince them, but you may have to cash in to get the unhappy players out of your squad.

What league/countries and database etc. did you have set up to get Valencia etc ? I cant search him anywhere. TIA ps new to the forum

Large database with Argentina loaded did it for me.

You'll have to do well, and try sign some high quality players (not always easy I know). Leave it until October and try again, then try him every week in December up until the transfer window opens, that's when I got him to sign. Good luck.

Cheers. I made him Vice Captain, which he was happy with. Then thankfully his agent came to me for a new deal a game into the new season. So he's now tied down for 4/5 years....with a 30m+ buyout clause. :D

Been struggling to get into a file for a while now, finally found one with Leeds. Just finished the first season and won the league on the second to last game! Got very lucky with some transfers but felt the original squad is good enough to make it up on its own! Jose Valencia like with everyone else has been amazing, along with Rolando Aarons and Jan signing Maximillian Phillip. 2315f82c3537c0b8c82eb78f5ace211ef55ddf78488dea9f1fcf3fab6922d17a16c35f0879c20e1d7a429172cc64ece6c0553b6f3d2062b525c3c477936be26a

Got a tycoon takeover in my second season (first in the Prem). Gave me 20 mill to spend in the January transfer window, but for the summer I've been given 64 million and 1 mill for wages!!

Trying to focus on homegrown and youth, as I came 7th in my first season in the Prem meaning im in Europe!

So far have signed Delph back from City for 7mill (Homegrown), Butland for £12m and Niklas Sule for 13 mill.

Here's my lazy first season in the Prem update -

lO3Z29p.png

Got lucky as I was knocked out FA Cup and League Cup, s could focus on league. Also bought in Demarai Gray for £5 mill in January who was a bargain! Defo one for the future. Zaza came in at this time for 9 mill too. Not sure if he will last though.

Though a lot of the Championship players were more than up to the Premier LEague. Murphy especially good as an AP in CM, and Cooper at CB. Cook also got an England call up, albiet no cap :(

start of second season got a transfer budget of about £18.5m and in desperate need of a decent Striker for the Premier. Goal keeper had an offer accepted for Radkovic but now looking at Costil any ideas which would be better option. Also Central Defender or 2. I know not asking for much in put would be much appreciated.

start of second season got a transfer budget of about £18.5m and in desperate need of a decent Striker for the Premier. Goal keeper had an offer accepted for Radkovic but now looking at Costil any ideas which would be better option. Also Central Defender or 2. I know not asking for much in put would be much appreciated.

How do you currently set up? What type of defender are you looking for?

Survived the takeover.He did pump in 14 m £, didnt increase the transfer budget. The wage budget was increased after I did a board request likewise the junior coaching budget. So he seems a bit better than mr Cellino:) Currently sitting in promotion hunt but Im a bit unsure we will survive in the premiership, thinking about tanking and spend one more season in the championship. What do you guys think?

You should get a hefty transfer budget I spent 90m and sold 30m worth of players after getting Leeds promoted during my journeyman save. I used the addons to pay over 48 months to maximise the quality players I could afford while also buying good players who had become unhappy at their clubs. Never tank is my view especially when you will only be expected to bravely fight against relegation.

Got promoted. Now there is much work ahead to stay up. My defense need some major improvments mainly cd, anyone got any experience of Scott Dann and Kevin Wimmer? i could get them for 5m £ and 6,5m £. Any experience with Harry Maguire from Hull? Thinking that my fbs(Byram and Taylor will make the cut in the premiership, so as of now not buying any fbs.

A new cm is needed, a strong one and good in defense. Any suggestions? Mcarthur or Jedinak from Palace maybe? Also need a striker or maybe two strikers, could get Afoebe from Wolves for 7m £. Do you guys have any suggestions?

So my needs are: 2 cd, 1 cm (d) and 1-2 strikers dpl and cf

Got promoted. Now there is much work ahead to stay up. My defense need some major improvments mainly cd, anyone got any experience of Scott Dann and Kevin Wimmer? i could get them for 5m £ and 6,5m £. Any experience with Harry Maguire from Hull? Thinking that my fbs(Byram and Taylor will make the cut in the premiership, so as of now not buying any fbs.

A new cm is needed, a strong one and good in defense. Any suggestions? Mcarthur or Jedinak from Palace maybe? Also need a striker or maybe two strikers, could get Afoebe from Wolves for 7m £. Do you guys have any suggestions?

So my needs are: 2 cd, 1 cm (d) and 1-2 strikers dpl and cf

I've had Maguire for Leeds and found him to be a good premier league defender, strong, good at tackling and can head well. Paired him with Reidwald (Ajax CB) for the pacier CB and they done fine with Byram and Taylor at full back.

I also managed to get Luca Marrone on a free who can cover CB but also makes a good defensive midfielder. Lewis Cook can also be trained to be a good tackling CM, depending on how you play him.

I've only ever seen Afobe score goals in the Premier League, would jump at him for £7 mill as he is worth 20 now on my save 3 seasons in!

Around preseason now. Did some wheeling and dealing, ended up with Dann and Wimmer (loan and future fee 6m), Mcarthur from Palace for 8,25 and Afoebe and Austin, Barry Bannan as backup for the wingers. Very happy with the summer transfers. Only downside is I have 1m left and really thinking that I need a new goalkeeper, Silvestri isnt that good. Probably have to wait until january to get that sorted, hopefully will get some cash then from the board. Any suggestions regarding a new keeper?

Around preseason now. Did some wheeling and dealing, ended up with Dann and Wimmer (loan and future fee 6m), Mcarthur from Palace for 8,25 and Afoebe and Austin, Barry Bannan as backup for the wingers. Very happy with the summer transfers. Only downside is I have 1m left and really thinking that I need a new goalkeeper, Silvestri isnt that good. Probably have to wait until january to get that sorted, hopefully will get some cash then from the board. Any suggestions regarding a new keeper?

I would wait, concentrate on getting to Christmas doing as well as you can. I got a decent cash injection at Christmas in my first season back in Prem and it kicked me on hugely in terms of transfers.

15/16 midseason

Transfers

With the lack of cash, I only went for 3 free signings. The loan deals are all wages and fee free. Gaston Silva is a backup to Taylor at leftback while Bentancur will provide depth on the flanks. Marius Niculae will be the starting striker.

dK5dzP2.png

Starting XI and tactics

I decided to play Byram at wide midfielder as I like to make use of his ppm gets into opposition area. I'm training him with IF schedule so hopefully that will increase his attacking attributes and be a wide goal scoring midfielder.

OVhiwd0.png

Season so far

We went the 1st 13 games unbeaten which kinda of set the tone. The only defeat so far coming at home against Reading.

mMzuMYx.png

Stats

The lofty league position was helped by the goal scoring prowess of Marius Niculae. Bryam is also playing to what I expect him to do as he has managed to get about a goal every 3 games. We also scored quite a number of goals from set pieces because of Mowatt delivery.

n5EdPvi.png

Marius Niculae

The golden oldie whom I have used for a couple of lower division saves. He is currently the league top scorer and will be eligible for an automatic contract extension if he plays 30 games.

9Gpnxe4.png

Got M Vorm and Hause on the last day of the window.

Have an issue of a gap between my forwards and midfield when we have possesion. My dlf and cf (both support) is getting isolated from my midfield wp s rpl cm d and wm a. Backline: wb a cd cd fb s.

TI: pass into space, higher tempo, roam from pos, be more expressive

Maybe remove higher tempo and pass into space to get more controlled play and patience?

15/16 Recap

Transfers

The club was taken over by Terry Robinson(real person, currently for Bolton) in Jan so we were given by 15m to spend. I spent a chuck of it on Afobe and signed Bartley on loan.

SVUz4gv.png

Competitions

League Cup

Lost in 4th round to Reading.

FA Cup

Lost in 5th round to Walsall.

League

We has a great start and never look back. While we lost more in the 2nd half of the season, the chasing pack failed to make any progress as they lost as well.

T3ugRV6.png

Stats

Cook as a midfielder dictator from a deeper position is a revelation as he outshone his attacking counterparts. Despite players like Mowatt(2 goals and 17 assists), Dallas(20 goals and 6 assists), Byram(10 goals and 12 assists) and Afobe(17 goals and 4 assists), they failed to dislodge him as the team best performer. Cook won the best young player and club player of the year award. I think he should have won the best Championship player award as well if not for the 2 fullbacks infront of him.

9G49I4o.png

16/17 start

Transfers

The club has given me 21m to spend to escape. I failed in my bid to sign players like Galloway so I'm left with a Championship central defence. Bender will be retrain to play in central defence instead. I played with Jedinak and Sako in my Palace test save so they are no brainers signings when both of them are available for less than 1.5m.

I'm surprised to find Ighalo that cheap as well. He has pace and strength to play the lone forward role. And in the gk department, Ochoa was signed for only 100k(+500k only if he make 50 league apps) as a backup. Lastly, Bartley and Bentancur also came back after a successful stint last season.

H9a0YO7.png

Starting XI

GK - Silvestri

DR - Trippier

DC - Cooper

DC - Bender

DL - Taylor

DML - Jedinak

DMR - Cook

MR - Byram

AML - Dallas

AMC - Mowatt

S - Afobe

Subs

GK - Ochoa

DR - Berardi

DL - Targett

DC - Bartley/Bellusci

DM - Murphy

MR - Sako

AML - Bentancur

AMC - Sloth

S - Ighalo/Ihenacho

Would have been a perfect start to the season if not for the cross shoot by Coleman in the game against Everton.

BhaAmF7.png

Chaps, new to the forum but have played Champ/Footy Man since the early years until the 2012 edition. Got to love the Leeds challenge these days. Wouldn't mind getting us back into Europe seeing as we won't be there for a few years at least, unfortunately!

Anyway, just a quick one as I've only just started my game and i'm getting used to the interface, etc. But did any of you have the player attributes masked when starting the game?

Cheers

Howdy guys, just finished my second season (first in Prem) and I was second bottom going into the last day, hadn't won for about 7 games and had Watford away so wasn't overly confident. BUT the league was super tight and any 2 from 5 could have gone down...Thankfully my team pulled their fingers out and produced a win! Ended up finishing 15th! :D

Qz1gJl.png

I conceded a lot of goals early on and had a few spells of losing 5-7 games in a row! :thdn: Manage to sort out my defence towards the end of the season but I was then struggling to score, went on an 8 game streak of not scoring right at the end. I kind of left myself short up front. Annoyingly had Aguirre on loan from Udinese in the first season in Championship who banged them in for fun so my plan was to get him but I couldn't get a work permit. Any idea why I could get a WP in the first season but not the second?

Has anyone got any recommendations for a striker to buy in 3rd season? I play a 4-1-2-2-1 formation so one that can do a job up front on his todd. Oh and I've been given a cool £52m to spend! :cool: Cheers!

Howdy guys, just finished my second season (first in Prem) and I was second bottom going into the last day, hadn't won for about 7 games and had Watford away so wasn't overly confident. BUT the league was super tight and any 2 from 5 could have gone down...Thankfully my team pulled their fingers out and produced a win! Ended up finishing 15th! :D

Qz1gJl.png

I conceded a lot of goals early on and had a few spells of losing 5-7 games in a row! :thdn: Manage to sort out my defence towards the end of the season but I was then struggling to score, went on an 8 game streak of not scoring right at the end. I kind of left myself short up front. Annoyingly had Aguirre on loan from Udinese in the first season in Championship who banged them in for fun so my plan was to get him but I couldn't get a work permit. Any idea why I could get a WP in the first season but not the second?

Has anyone got any recommendations for a striker to buy in 3rd season? I play a 4-1-2-2-1 formation so one that can do a job up front on his todd. Oh and I've been given a cool £52m to spend! :cool: Cheers!

Depending on how they are in your game, i've found Zaza good for 9 mill ( 21 goals in 31 games) and also Davie Selke (17 gls in 21) whom I bought once I sold Zaza for 20 mill. Annoyingly, for me at least, english strikers cost a fortune. But, Berahino, callum wilson and afobe all bang them in as well!

Nice lucky escape too!

Finished my 3rd season by managing to scrape 4th place and Champions League qualification!

Also got very lucky in the Europa League and managed to make the final vs Tottenham, although lost 1-0. They're one of two teams I can't beat! My group was easy enough - Napoli who won it, a very weak Ajax and a side called Qarabag Adgam from Azerbaijan... I then had Monaco who I somehow beat 3-1 at home after loosing 2-1 at theirs, Club Brugge in the 2nd KO round, Liverpool in the Qtrs and Dnipro in the Semis.

I also made the final of the FA Cup, facing the other team I can't beat, Chelsea... Again losing 1-0.

That being said, I'm hoping for a cup this year, maybe the League or FA Cup.

Have managed to really push my squad with the homegrown look, the team report facts tab shows my domestic player bias at 86% vs the league average of 54%! Lucky really as i'm also England manager after Koeman lead them to a shocking world cup...

1gNOFbG.png

That's how the squads looking for this season. Main thing I'm worried about is having a decent BWM in the middle of the park. Michael Bradley was quality on loan from Arsenal last year, but he can't get a work permit :(

Demarai Gray has been a star for me out wide, can play as a wing on the right or IF on the left. Got 17 goals, and 9 assists last season in 40 (11) appearances. The Leeds academy boys have also all been stars, Byram and Taylor both going to the world cup and Cook also being capped. Sadly Mowatt hasn't quite become a starting quality player, but is a good rotation option. Kalvin Phillips also hasn't quite progressed for me, mainly because the others have been doing too well to get him game time. Hoping to be able to get James Wilson progressing too, he hasn't had much luck at United, so maybe I can convert him to Leeds.

Nice going. Out of interest, how is Jack Vann developing?

Not the greatest to be honest, as I've not been able to get him the game time he needs due to being in the Premier League. To be honest, i'm not sure he will be physically cut out for the Premier League. 5'10, with 9 jumping reach and 11 strength. Also just noticed his tackling was only 6.

I'm trying to get him game time this seasons though, at the minute he is on 1* with a potential of 3 1/2 stars, whilst Lewis Cook is 4* and 4 1/2* potential.

Just started a Leeds save - has anyone signed Paul Robinson? Think i'm going to sign him, scouts say better than Silvestri at the start and i will try and offload Turnball.

I missed out on Robbo unfortunately. Was disappointed to see that he'd signed for Town of all clubs! Imagine he would be a quick-win with the fans and I'm interested to see if he turns into a decent GK coach down the line

I missed out on Robbo unfortunately. Was disappointed to see that he'd signed for Town of all clubs! Imagine he would be a quick-win with the fans and I'm interested to see if he turns into a decent GK coach down the line

In my game he does yes, I found him as one of the GK coach when I took Leeds in 2019 funnily enough.

Vann is a championship player at best in my save, just not good enough to make the grade.

Hi guys !

First season, only brought Hooper on loan :

zuYk5cK.png

dJwS29e.png

The club has been sold to a brazilian guy at the end of the first season, he gave us 30M€ to spend.

Second season, unbelievable :

cSaqQ8q.png

vaUiHXE.png

GelIqWd.png

AU0hOWw.png

Now I will try tro improve the team and bring some english guys (Wisdom, Flanagan, Morrison) and a great striker (Zivkovic).

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like my Leeds adventure is coming to a premature end.

Had an awful start to my first season but turned it around and got promoted via the play-offs. Spent the bulk of my transfer budget on Gelson Martins who was fantastic on loan in my first season. I'm currently 18th in the prem and have recently been taken over. I got £26m to spend in January and I brought in 5/6 players (Mammana, N'Zonzi, Prince-Boateng and a couple more I can't remember off the top of my head).

Just been given a month to save my job by the new chairman, and that month includes games against Chelsea, Everton and Man City.

I was tempted to start again anyway so it won't be the end of the world although I would like to carry on at the same time! We'll see what happens...

Spent 3 successful seasons at Wrexham before I replaced Steve Evans, beating the bookies favourite Neil Redfearn to the role. He's still my HoYD, although I've lost 2 U21 managers in 2.5 years. Also lost Charlie Taylor in my first month, some genius had put an £11m release clause in his contract and we were already £30k overspent in wages. Replaced him with Tyrone Mings who was on the list at Bournemouth for £750k and gave me the cash to bring in Josh Onomah from Spurs plus a few freebies like Dominic Ball and Christian Walton.

We went up in 2nd and I strengthened again. Teddy Bishop was out of contract and got him for.compensation of £2.2m. Demari Gray was an expensive buy from Spurs as was Ryan Nyambe from Blackburn but the board gave me another £25m which added Lewis Baker, Nathanial Chalobah and James Wilson. We beat Spurs to 4th.

We added Jack Grealish from relegated Aston Villa, Timo Horn replaced Silvestri, Andrew Robertson came in from City, Jon Flanaghan from Hull. Ryan Kent had spent my Championship season on loan but Liverpool wanted £25m to make it permanent. A year later I got him for less than £4m. My best signing has been Matthias Sammer as DoF. He moves players so easily, which Coppell couldn't do. With Chris Wood heading to Huddersfield it leaves Cook, my captain, and Byram as the only two originals. The board has just given me another £41m to spend, our facilities have been massively improved, the purchase of Elland Road will be finalised in the summer and we have drawn Barcelona in the Champions League knock out stages. Things are looking very good indeed!

Archived