FM16: Leeds United FC - Everybody loves Massimo!

higgins

Wow, excellent advantage taking. Always amazes me when they do down, I mean they have some outstanding players.

Yeah, kinda annoying though.. that would never happen in real life..

hmmm how much did they cost you?

Fairly cheap, all wanted out and Lukaku was transfer listed

Lukaku - 13

Barkley - 15

Stones - 19

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see the thread up and running and many of the gang active on here.

Transfer activity for me as follows:

Out

Bellusci £2.1M, Cooper £1.9M, Wooton £1.1M, Sloth £800K, Antenucci £750K, Doukara £650K, Phillips £575K, Bianchi £500K. Loaned out Turnbull & Erwin.

I took the value that I could with sales in order to use the cash to improve the value of the squad.

In

Leonel Galeano, DC (£900k buy now), Andrea Ivan, ST (£625K compensation), Aleksansdrs Kauna, DMC (listed at £575K), Christoffer Nyman, ST (buy now £165K), Saed Haksabanovic, AMR/C/L £130K, Petteri Forsell, AML (£26K buy now), Sondre Rossbach, GK (£31K buy now), Patrick Berg, MC (£95k), Kristoffer Haugen, DL (buy now £28K), Martin Ove Roseth, DC (£3K compensation), Abdul Razzak, MC (free), Gary Bocaly, DR (free), Liassine Cadamura, DC (free), Rodrigo Bentancur MR (loan with £4M future fee).

Future transfers:

1.1.16 Alexander Blomqvist, DC (Free).

1.7.16 Jhon Arango, MC (£5K, but no w/p).

1.1.17. Lincoln AMC/L (£500k & £1M over 48 months).

So, the side is:

GK Silvestri, Rossbach.

DR Byram (extended his contract), Bocaly, Berardi.

DL Taylor, Haugen.

DC Cadamuro, Galeano, Bamba, Roseth, Vann (offered contract).

DMC Cauna, Cook, Berg.

MC Cook (offered contract), Murphy, Mowatt, Berg, Razzak.

AMR Bentancur, Dallas.

AML Forsell, Dallas.

ST Wood, Nyman, Ivan.

Overall, it's a decent side. There are some quality players running their contracts down (Milton Caraglio, Felipe Azevedo), but it's unknown at mid- August as and when they will accept a contract offer. To land Bocaly, Cadamuro, Galeano, Rossbach, Nyman & Ivan they have to immediately accept the contract offer or they will go elsewhere or resign with their current clubs.

Hey all, Great to see the regs and new players alike back.

Started a save, as usual, and like Nicko, I've gone and overhauled the squad.

Transfers

0924a4b333450f25b903bc826c44d0bd.png

Didn't quite go to plan, I targeted a new strikeforce, but didn't plan on bringing in so many of them, will have to loan some out I think.

Meet the new players:

Callejon

Fantastic player, can play any attacking position he's needed, I see him as my own budget Mata.

d39fdd6e1de2e1045d0da95570af7a92.png

Osmar

Bargain ball playing defender, originally brought in to play dmc, but more likely to be my number one CB.

139f016ff7780f53d75dc22741bb4eb7.png

Damian Schmidt

Argentinian with Italian passport and a release fee of just 400k, no brainer (also, tipped irl to be a big player)

bbdb0b7d46bebaa68d93940cddaa3bf0.pngAugustin Torassa

Old regulars from FM and the Leeds threads in particular may remember this pacey winger, still a bargain at £115k. Pace, composure and crossing.

4b9eac95e96d571fb0575805534038c8.pngPotocny

Bargain Striker I couldn't turn down, pace, power, finishing, heading, everything. Not much potential to grow though.

316b81a53e0858e8784cbcf5b6be1134.png

Jose Valencia

Probably my favourite find so far in this save, free transfer who I tried signing more in hope than anything, to my surprise, he got a permit, brilliant freebie.

7898ab6ba275886254d58a96a3039bd1.png

Right, think that's everyone, will update with pre season and tactics etc after they've been molded into something cohesive.

Just ask if you'd like a screenie or info on anyone :)

Transfers

Didn't quite go to plan, I targeted a new strikeforce, but didn't plan on bringing in so many of them, will have to loan some out I think.

Meet the new players:

Callejon

Fantastic player, can play any attacking position he's needed, I see him as my own budget Mata.

Osmar

Bargain ball playing defender, originally brought in to play dmc, but more likely to be my number one CB.

Damian Schmidt

Argentinian with Italian passport and a release fee of just 400k, no brainer (also, tipped irl to be a big player)

Old regulars from FM and the Leeds threads in particular may remember this pacey winger, still a bargain at £115k. Pace, composure and crossing.

Bargain Striker I couldn't turn down, pace, power, finishing, heading, everything. Not much potential to grow though.

Jose Valencia

Probably my favourite find so far in this save, free transfer who I tried signing more in hope than anything, to my surprise, he got a permit, brilliant freebie.

Right, think that's everyone, will update with pre season and tactics etc after they've been molded into something cohesive.

Nicely done. Of course Schmidt has now signed a new contract with the £400K fee nowhere to be seen. :(

Good to see the thread up and running and many of the gang active on here.

Transfer activity for me as follows:

Out

Bellusci £2.1M, Cooper £1.9M, Wooton £1.1M, Sloth £800K, Antenucci £750K, Doukara £650K, Phillips £575K, Bianchi £500K. Loaned out Turnbull & Erwin.

I took the value that I could with sales in order to use the cash to improve the value of the squad.

In

Leonel Galeano, DC (£900k buy now), Andrea Ivan, ST (£625K compensation), Aleksansdrs Kauna, DMC (listed at £575K), Christoffer Nyman, ST (buy now £165K), Saed Haksabanovic, AMR/C/L £130K, Petteri Forsell, AML (£26K buy now), Sondre Rossbach, GK (£31K buy now), Patrick Berg, MC (£95k), Kristoffer Haugen, DL (buy now £28K), Martin Ove Roseth, DC (£3K compensation), Abdul Razzak, MC (free), Gary Bocaly, DR (free), Liassine Cadamura, DC (free), Rodrigo Bentancur MR (loan with £4M future fee).

Future transfers:

1.1.16 Alexander Blomqvist, DC (Free).

1.7.16 Jhon Arango, MC (£5K, but no w/p).

1.1.17. Lincoln AMC/L (£500k & £1M over 48 months).

So, the side is:

GK Silvestri, Rossbach.

DR Byram (extended his contract), Bocaly, Berardi.

DL Taylor, Haugen.

DC Cadamuro, Galeano, Bamba, Roseth, Vann (offered contract).

DMC Cauna, Cook, Berg.

MC Cook (offered contract), Murphy, Mowatt, Berg, Razzak.

AMR Bentancur, Dallas.

AML Forsell, Dallas.

ST Wood, Nyman, Ivan.

Overall, it's a decent side. There are some quality players running their contracts down (Milton Caraglio, Felipe Azevedo), but it's unknown at mid- August as and when they will accept a contract offer. To land Bocaly, Cadamuro, Galeano, Rossbach, Nyman & Ivan they have to immediately accept the contract offer or they will go elsewhere or resign with their current clubs.

At mid -October 2015 and have added:

Ondrey Mazuch, DC. Injured at game start with a knee injury.

Yoann Gourcuff, MC/AMC. Injured at game start with a broken toe. I was amazed he'd come to Leeds. :)

Yoann Gourcuff, MC/AMC. Injured at game start with a broken toe. I was amazed he'd come to Leeds. :)

What a signing, great coup that.

If you still need defenders come January, check out Nicolai Naess, 22 yrd old Norwegian DC, costs a few hundred thousand and will easily be good enough for first season in the Prem I reckon. I screenshotted him in the good defenders thread.

What a signing, great coup that.

If you still need defenders come January, check out Nicolai Naess, 22 yrd old Norwegian DC, costs a few hundred thousand and will easily be good enough for first season in the Prem I reckon. I screenshotted him in the good defenders thread.

Worth £13.5M when he joins. :)

Will scout Naess, thanks Macca.

I just cannot get a tactic to work.

Almost every single match I go up a goal or two and then the performance drops and they make a comeback... so frustrating, while oddly satisfying that there is a challenge.

Same for me, ever since I raised a bug I'm seeing it all the time :(

I may leave it alone for a little while and build a shortlist up instead.

Agree with Welshace, I'd sell for that sort of fee. I signed Galeano who is better I think. Alternatively, what about the DCs tipped by Welshace or Macca?

Signed that Osmar before the bid. The transfer is yet to go through, looked at Galeano, but there was a reason i couldnt get him, either he wouldnt come or he isnt on my game, cant remember.

Hi all,

Leeds is one of my favourites teams to bring to the Premier, unfortunately I have tried several times in the pass FMs an impossible job to do and I’m used to use clubs in the second/third layer of championships to the main championship. I like the meaning of recovering a big giant. Also I normally choose a low profile as a manager (2nd lowest license and a Semi-Pro player this give some challenges in the begging, to have the confidence of the team in me)

In my save I have acquire some players:

- Zakaria Labyad (loan – free) – AM L/C

- Gelson Martins (loan – free) – AM R/L

- Gastón Silva (loan – free) – DE

- Ryan Seager (loan – free) – MA/ST

- Fredrik Oldrup Jensen – transfer in 01/01/2016

- Also I want to bring Harrison Reed (loan), as I have some injuries in the middlefield.

I have sold Doukara by 1M €.

First two games of the Pre Season and I count two lost against small teams (1-0 and 2-0 away), and arguing what I’m doing wrong, because that the starting team is good and should give more results.

I’m using a Control 4-2-3-1 with a fluid mentality. I’m trying to implement lower tempo, short pass, work ball into box, slightly higher defensive line and asking to the players to get stuck in, so we can win the ball sooner.

This is the line up:

-----------------------------

GK(D): Silvestri

Wingback (A): Sam Byram/Belardi

CD©: Belusci/Wootton

CD(B): Cooper/Bamba

FB(S): Taylor/Gaston

CM(D) and CM(S): Mowatt/Murphy/Adeyemi and Cook/Bianchi

AP(A) (as an AMC): Sloth/Labyad

AMR and AML: Dallas/Erwin and Botaka/Gelson Martins

AF(A): Wood/Antenucci/Seager

Also, Kalvin Philips and C Dawson are as a reserve for the team, going to loan one of them. I have Murphy and Bianchi injured 2 months.

I don’t have too much money in the bank to buy real good players, so I’m trying the ones that are free/loan.

Any advice guys?

Really I would like to bring Leeds to the Premier!!!

Cheers,

P Pinto

Some good saves going on in here! Decided to take the plunge managing Leeds for my first attempt at managing a club lower than aa first division team. Have to say, I'm really enjoying myself so far. Got promoted in my first season and will be looking to post a proper season recap here. Really like coming in here to see what everyone has got going on!

• SI Staff
Great find! Trying to get him on loan.

Gained promotion in the first season, although lost last 4 games and dropped to 4th, but won the playoffs quite easily.

Encountered a bug though.. in the playoff final, my star player (Wood) and main GK were away on international duty :( was planing to moan in the bug forum, but won the game so whatever :rolleyes:

Just finished building my team for the first season in the Premier League.. aiming for Europe. Have some doubts about Taylor, but going to give him a chance anyway.. well, at least until January..

bX1RVcW.png

Hey I Like Pie,

Congratulations on winning the Play-Offs.

However, that's certainly a bug worth raising. If you still have the save could you kindly head over to here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/524-Other-Gameplay-Issues - and open up a post?

Cheers,

Seb.

Great thread mate, had me starting a Leeds save for the first time in a while. Got a couple of young quality English lads which just further enticed me.

Alright, like Welshace, went for a bit of a squad overhaul.

FrMFF9c.png?1

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but ask the board for a wage increase 'due to rivals beating to key signings' and you'll almost always get a little added to the budget, which helps.

Starting 11 looked like this at the start of the

ZxyiyYv.png

However, Dallas got injured pretty early into the season for 3 months after 4 goals in 5 games, but Labyad has come in an done a great job

IwfLdsz.png

Valencia (great find Welshace) has been pretty darn good. His physical are too damn awesome to not do well in the 2nd division.

3ygWEWp.png

The season so far:

pd2sNAv.png

After a pretty awful start, I ditched the 4-2-3-1 and went with the 4-1-2-3, and made other pretty major tactical changes from the Sheffield Wednesday match, which has seen some good results, apart from a Derby smashing, which was due to a 3rd minute red card from Bellusci. But overall, looking a lot better now...promotion incoming (hopefully).

Will keep updating.

Penalities are becoming an issue for me, had a penalty given against me in 4out of 5 of my preseason games.. damn that Bellusci.

I feel like he negatively affects every game I play him in, whether it's a penalty, red card, or own goal. Can't seem to generate any interest in him going into the second season, so he'll be in the squad again.

After reading these comments lads, on deadline day, I let him go for £2million and bought in Jack Hobbs for a large fee, think it was 5 million or so, will find out tomorrow and post my transfers, fair exchange I think and Hobbs is probably one of the best commanding cb's in the championship (and one of the only decent ones who'd come to me). Was between him and Batth from Wolves.

Also bought in Sam Morsy for a little over a million to help out the tiring trio in midfield of Cook, Murphy and Mowatt... bargain imo.

Alright lads, end of season update.

Got Promoted

ekX5urJ.png

Thought the poor start would cost me, but Boro finished the season quite poorly. Had a 5-6 game period in the season where I just sneaking in terrible 1-0 wins, creating 1 chance a game. Not sure why this happened, but the team got it's groove back.

Star Players

Jose Valencia

pZevLLV.png

Valencia, killed it. Cooled down towards the end of the season, nonetheless, was the man this season. Unsure whether he'll be my starting striker next season though...

Sam Byram

xX2lWtj.png

Monster, just beasted the right flank all season long. Berardi provided great back up, and had 7 assists in 18 matches this season.

Labyad

dHp8Z20.png

Came back from injury and guided the team to promotion whilst the rest of the team was slowing down

Pavon

0WhYtPL.png

Was decent, quite infuriating throughout the season tbh, with the no. of 1 on 1's he missed

Gauld

mXfnu4n.png

Decent again, nothing special. Got it together towards the end of the season, doubt I'll be buying him permanently however.

Olsson

EcL9Fx6.png

Stats wise, was only okay, but the midfield kept falling apart when he wasn't in the team. Might have to make permanent.

Pre- Season 16/17 Update

Went with another squad overhaul. Went nuts to be honest. Renewed Gauld and Pavon's loan's for no fee and no wages. But don't expect them to see too much game time.

gSIwEgi.png

The big money signing was clearly Filip Krovinovic. I generally hate 1 footed midfielders, and I've overpaid for him here, but he's got everything in the right places. Hopefully he comes good. The bargain transfer was Ravel Morrison, who is going to be a star for the team (and is clearly overrated in the game).

4w8WYP4.png

Starting 11 has changed quite a bit, barring the defense, which has more or less, stayed the same.

3Y1qdQi.png

It nagged away at me that I missed out on Valencia and some of the young prospect players that I liked the look of this year (Cubas, Pavon, Mammana). So, after finishing the first season, I started again. After some research on the forum and thanks to Welshace for two of his tips, the side is better I think.

GK Sondre Rossbach (£30K buy now), Sylvestri.

DR Byram, Berardi.

DL Taylor, Gaston Silva (loan with future fee option).

DC Emanuel Mammana (loan with future fee option), Damian Schmeidt, Liassine Cadamuro, Martin Ove Roseth, Bruno Wilson.

DMC Andres Cubas (£3.5M, most over 48 months), Cook, Patrick Berg (£110K).

MC Patrick Ekeng (gets W/P), Cook, Murphy, Mowatt, Abdul Razak (free), George Green (free), Patrick Berg.

AMR Dallas, Sander Svendsen (£550K, much more than normal), Saed Haksabanovic (£200K).

AML Cristian Pavon (loan with future fee option), Petteri Forsell (£25K buy now), Sander Svendsen, Saed Haksabanovic.

ST Jose Valencia, Wood, Sander Svendsen.

I've got to say that I was amazed at the Pavon & Mammana signings, I think that I just got lucky, perhaps all the fee offers were for less than their clubs wanted?

I also signed Amr Gamal, ST (£300K). He fails a W/P but I loaned him out at 100 % of wages and a £160K/month fee. A nice little earner.

Future deals:

31.8.15 Tobias Svendsen, AML (£3.1K compensation).

1.7.16 Jhon Arango, MC (£5K compensation, but no W/P).

1.7.16 Matheus Pereira, AMRCL (£3.6M most over 48 months).

1.1.17 Lincoln, AMCL (£2.6M most over 48 months). Much higher than normal at game start so I may have got lucky with his PA?

Really happy with this side.

I sold the usual suspects. But on this save, as I received 9 bids for Phillips, I repeatedly offered him out at increasing values and was really happy to finally accept a £1.8M bid from Southampton.

well lads...

Not started a proper save yet but i think its time for me to start one with my club Leeds. As a season ticket holder too. Im going to try and re create the Champions League tactics from the past, hard working and getting stuck in. Ill spend a good 20 mins looking online for more information.

One thing ive always wanted to do is get Leeds back into the Premier League then onto Europe eventually.

A long time admirer of this thread so keep up the good work lads!

Had to restart my Leeds career after already getting to the PL due to stupidly saving over it! So have been using your suggestions and findings on rebuilding my Leeds squad in hope of promotion again first season. Currently I'm mid-way through pre-season and have managed to bring in a few fresh faces:

Nicolai Naess - 300k (never used him before but looks promising in the earlier posts, felt like I needed a replacement for Bellusci before I bring in my personal favorite of Balanta)

Jose Valencia - Free (Had to jump on this bandwagon!)

Rodrigo Bentancur - Loan (3million pound future fee - Didn't have the money to buy him outright so hoping come January or end of the season I can snap him up)

I've got a deal for Mammana in the pipeline as well looking to sign on loan with a future fee of 3.6 million so here is hoping that one goes through.

Also I have been trying to remove some of the deadwood that I consider won't be getting much game time this season being Doukara (800k to Wolves) and Antenucci (750k to Brighton). Just a question on Tom Adeyemi; what do you guys tend to do? Keep him in and around the squad or just send him back to Cardiff and look to bring in another midfielder?

EDIT: 5 games into the season - Valencia is now out for 8-9 months

Transfers

Meet the new players:

Callejon

Osmar

Damian Schmidt

Jose Valencia

What Leagues you got loaded up at the start

Archived