Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone.

Well its certainly going to be very difficult.

But I think i can get a mid-table spot this year and then storm for promotion next season.

Im going for a steady rise not a meterioc rise so that my team is too rubbish for the division above.

And Standard have sent half there youth team on loan to me, and tbh there far to good for this league.

Half way update. Seraing Belgian Third Division B.

http://i38.tinypic.com/22gx6r.jpg[League Table]

Well not much to say. Pretty abject really. The pre-season was so promising., with us brushing a side Champions Dessel in a friendly 4-1. And now we are languishing mid-table. We actually play quite well, except the strikers I loaned in from Standard can't hit a barn door from a meter in front. Looking good for a mid-table finish nonetheless.

On another not. can anyone tell me how to make it so my links to images Look like words not a bunch of letters and numbers.

Cheers

Small Update. Seraing. Belgium Thrid Division B.

Starting to play really well now. The football is pleasing to watch and we are playing Newcastle of old style football. Ala You score two we will score three.

But sadly this is happening more often than not as my defence is horrible. Well not the defence. The keeper. He is terrible. Worst keeper I have ever had.

Up to Sixth in the league. Hoping to maintain that and consolidate then get promoted next season after securing some players after raising quite a bit from player sales.

Really enjoying this challenge to be honest

End Of Season Report. Seraing. 2008/2009.

Can't do screenies at the moment because I am at my Dads. But heres what went down in Belgium this season.

Well after we were predicted to come Fifteenth by the media I was determined to prove them wrong and achieve a safe mid-table finish and then kick on for promotion next season. Well for a while it didn't look to flash. As we were leaking goals at an almost hemoarghing rate. This was nothing to do with the defence, no. they were magical at the start. It was the keeper. Benoit Daniel Simply the worst goalkepper I have ever had. He was appalling. After a while we flutering in and out of mid-table to relegation zone. I was unhappy and decided to call in Standard, my parent club, for some better players. And they responded with two very good strikers, Edourd Kabamba and Oran Shabani. They fired to me to unprecented heights. And It wasn't long untill another of Standards loanees joinded and made an instant impact, Gael Erand. Provided some vital assists from the midfield as well as scoring the odd goal. We started to really kick on and take the league on. Fluttering in about Sixth with six games to go Both my star strikers, Kabamba and Shabani decided to go and pick up season ending injuries. Disaster. But it may have proved to be a blessing in disguise as I didn't feel as if my team was ready for the step up in class. So with my start strikers injured I had to throw my bench warming striker, Deniz Aktas got a run in the first team. And boy did he Flourish. Scoring Six in Six to fire me to six consecutive wins and in the end he fired me to the title and ultimately promotion. I was bouncing around.

Personal Awards: Manager of The year

Team awards: Three players inducted into "Team of The year"

Player awards: Deniz Aktis won "rookie of the year", Edouard Kabamba won signing of the year. Terrence Genaux won Third division B player of the year.

Top Scorer: Central Defender Terrence Genaux with 16 Goals, who won't be with us next year after completing a 90K deal to first division side KTV Kortijk.

Most Assists: Romauld Averna. 21 assists from the right wing. Attracted attention from Division two hotshots FC Brugge

My player of the year: Deniz Aktis. Really shone and pulled us home in those last six games. My new favourite player.

Media Prediction: Fifteenth

Final Position: First!!!!

Aims for next season: Consolidate in the second division and slowly rise up after a few seasons. Hoping for 8-12th out of 18 next season.

Season Roundup: Well a hugely succesful season for part timers Seraing under manager Liam Hanley. Finishing in First players after a very poor start to the season. What does Season Two hold for Liam Hanley.??

Vertical Kalincovichi 2010

Its amazing how good some of the free transfers are lying around in Belarus, easily top players in this league availible so I snapped up Alexey Sikora to play in attacking midfield, a near clone of club legend Vyacheslav Leshenok who had another impressive season. Also free was Sergey Nafanov but I had to pay a combined £18K for Vitaliy Korostik and Kirill Tuz. This left me with a much improved side and we challenged well for promotion, although a tight defeat to Baranovichi with 4 games to play destroyed our chances. A win would have left us in 2nd place but in the end we finished up in a good 5th place. Promotion seems a distinct possibility next season.

Domestic

2008 Belarusian first league: 9th - Cup: 1st round

2009 Belarusian first league: 8th - Cup: 2nd round

2010 Belarusian first league: 5th - Cup: 2nd round

Albert Foundry - Northern Irish Premier Division - 2010/11 (Season 3)

Media Prediction: 13th

My Prediction: 2nd

Final Position: 5th

Northern Irish League Cup Winners

After a rocky start we went on a fabulous run that saw us lift the League Cup for the first time in our history, but we ran out of steam towards the end and fell off the pace, being 4th on the last day with a shout of European Football, we beat bangor 2-0 but finished fifth as Linfield destroyed Carrick. It's all about building for next season now where we'll hopefully consolidate and qualify for Europe.

One to watch: Ross Hayes had a great season, all the big NI clubs are after him now, they can get lost.

Ross Hayes

Final Table

Sporting Fingal - Irish Premier Division 2021

Transfers

As usual the offers flooded in. On the way out were MC, Hector Herrera for 2.5m after he complained enough to annoy me and AMR, Edilson for 1m plus 100k for every one of his first 30 league games. Edilson was into the final year of his contract and was refusing an extension so it was good business. I also let a few backups go for various small amounts.

As replacements I promoted Martin Zidek from the youths as he's developing nicely since being snapped up as a 14 year old and Edilson's replacement was Vaclav Hlavacek for 150k. Also arriving was Lionel Carrizo who for 10k looks the business and a goal on his debut against Athletico Madrid more than repaid the fee.

In the Summer, despite our European heroics Hinds (AML) and Buzek (MC) decided they wanted to move to 'bigger' clubs so off they went to Aston Villa and Rangers for 1m & 2.5m respectively.

Also leaving for a bigger club was our no. 1 GK, Robinson. In came a few promising youngsters on frees and Alex Nunes who cost us 110k and a new GK, David Dunn who cost 675k.

The Domestic Season

All-Ireland Cup

10 in a row, a record 31 goals and a new record of 17 goals by Taylor in just 6 games as he missed one group game while away scoring for Ireland and missed the final as I saved him for bigger games.

League

Won it at a canter notching up 1 more goal than last season with 144. Still not the perfect season though as we drew 1 game again. Although that game was immediately after the the biggest game in the clubs history and I'm pretty sure most of the team were drunk. The Team of the Year shows our dominance.

Irish Senior Challenge Cup

Won it without any problems.

Europe

Champions League First Knockout Round (2020/21 Season)

So we were off to Madrid to face Athletico in our first competitive match of the season. The first leg went well giving us a 2 goals lead to take home where we saw out the tie with a 4-2 aggregate win despite a late rally from Athletico.

Athletico Madrid 0-2 Sporting Fingal

Sporting Fingal 2-2 Athletico Madrid

Champions League Quarter Final (2020/21 Season)

Liverpool stood between us and the semi's. The press had us written off before Liverpool even arrived at Truvey Avenue for the first leg so our 3-1 win was a surprise to even me. Despite us both getting 9 shots on target they beat us in the second leg to end the tie 5-5 on aggregate sending us through on away goals. Both scored by Taylor bringing his European total to 21, a Champions League record, and the teams total to 36 another Champions League record. We're entertainers if nothing else.

Sporting Fingal 3-1 Liverpool

Liverpool 4-2 Sporting Fingal

Champions League Semi Final (2020/21 Season)

Another English team awaited us in the semi-final as we were paired with Chelsea who'd hammered us last year. My regular tactic seems to be ideal for playing against a basic 4-4-2 and most of the tactics teams play against us but it failed completely in last years games with Chelsea. Even when getting beaten by teams playing 4-4-2 we usually get a lot of possession and chances on goal but a check of our games against Chelsea last season showed this not to be the case. With Chelsea playing a very narrow diamond formation I decided to pack the middle of the pitch as shown on the match formations screen.

The tactical change resulted in a great 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge gave us a chance of progressing and thanks to a Taylor hat-trick in the home leg we went through to our first Champions League Final 4-3 on aggregate.

Chelsea 1-1 Sporting Fingal

Sporting Fingal 3-2 Chelsea

Champions League Final (2020/21 Season)

In the final at the Nou Camp we would face Inter Milan to decide who would be Champions of Europe. With odds of 9-1 against us winning the bookies weren't giving us much hope but Jan Buzek had other ideas and fired us into a 2 goal lead by the 20th minute. Inter pulled 1 back before half time so I warned the team against complacency at half time and they did a great job of seeing out the second half despite Inter having much the better of the possession and chances. Fingal are Champions of Europe.

Liam Taylor won the Champions League Golden Boot with 23 goals in 15 games thrashing the previous record of 14. Unsurprisingly he also picked up the Champions League Best Player with Jan busek in 3rd. We also smashed the goals record scoring 42 goals during our campaign.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

European Super Cup

With 10 players away on International duty including all our GK and star ST Taylor, I was less than hopeful as we fielded a weakened team including a 17yr old U-18 GK. But despite AC having more chances they wasted most of them and we won 3-2.

Champions League Group Stage (2021/22 Season)

Straight into the Group Stages and seeded 1st we faced Lyon, Werder Bremen & Club Brugge. With Lyon and Werder having won the cup in the last 10 years it wasn't an easy group. We opened with a good away draw in Lyon before making hard work of beating Bruge at home. A hammering of Werder Bremen at home and a draw in Germany and we were looking good for qualification. Lyon were the visitors for the next match and outplayed us comprehensively with 12 shots on target to our 4 so how we won 5-3 is beyond me. A thumping of Brugge in the final game ensured we qualified top of the group.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-2 Sporting Fingal
Sporting Fingal    3-2 Club Brugge
Sporting Fingal    5-0 Werder Bremen
Werder Bremen      1-1 Sporting Fingal
Sporting Fingal    5-3 Olympique Lyonnais
Club Brugge        2-5 Sporting Fingal

Next season starts with games against Galtasaray as we look to defend our European crown.

World Club Championship

Our first appearance in this delayed the end of your season a couple of weeks and first up was Kaizer Chiefs in the semi-final. We progressed to the final with ease winning 4-1. In the final we faced Saitama Utd of Japan who had to win 3 games to make their 4th final. Another easy win and we were World Club Champions and the players finally got a well earned holiday.

Other News

In the list of the worlds richest clubs we moved up from 72nd to 43rd, sandwiched between Bayern Municsh and AC Milan. Some of these riches were put toward a 4130 seat increase to Turvey Avenue's capacity.

Star of the season without doubt was Liam Taylor as he hit a stunning 125 goals in 61 appearances winning every award available to him. Its all the sweeter because he's a product of our academy, amazing. Supplying much of the ammunition was Jiri Kovar who created 40 goals in just 36 appearances and Libor Simr who scored 11 and set up 26 in 45 games.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

European Co-efficients

Fingal - 86.908 (16th up from 23rd)

Ireland - 27.042 (12th)

Sporting Fingal Trophy Room

Champions League x 1 - 2020/21

European Super Cup x 1 - 2021

World Club Championship x 1 - 2021

Irish Premier Division x 10 - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

All-Ireland Cup x 10 - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

Irish Senior Challenge Cup x 10 - 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Irish First Division - 2008

Thanks everyone...actually it was almost an anti-climax winning it the first time we made it past the first knockout round as I thought it would be a few more seasons of struggle and I grow bored of games when the struggle is over. I was looking forward to watching Taylor develop but he already has and was the difference this season. So reliable and lashing them in against top opposition as his CL record and international goals show.

As to finishing quickly, Ireland is a lot easier than N.I. as the League rep makes attracting very good players easier. A few of my former Brazilian signings are now full internationals, we have 4 or 5 Czech internationals and 4 Ireland regulars in the squad.

I'd put Ireland on a par with Switzerland, Ukraine, Belarus etc rather than the N.I.'s and Iceland's of the Gundo challenge world.

@Razer...I think I'll keep this game ticking over until FM09, which I pre-ordered this morning. Was holding off as I was planning on completing this challenge before playing it. Taylor is only 21 and the average age of the team is 22 so I think it'll be fun to keep on playing, see how far they can take me now they are happy to sign new contracts.

Can I see a screenie of Liam Taylor's career so far Daemonic?

In work at the moment so can't get an updated screenshot but its not much of a career to show really. These are the screens from the last 2 seasons: 2020 & 2021

Before that he had a couple of seasons on loan at feeder clubs where he did ok but nothing spectacular, maybe another 15-20 goals to his career total. Without the injuries to O'Donovan & Seclean and Simecek deciding he'd be better off at Bohemians he would never have gotten a chance and would probably be sold by now because other than his pace his stats aren't amazing.

Chmel Blsany, Czech First Division 2022-23 Season Report

After making the Champions League semis last time out, I had high hopes for this season. Dreams of being able to keep my best players and even bring in higher quality new ones were all shattered pre-season though as my European run of last season only served to increase interest in my players and I could do nothing as 8 first teamers left the club (Zapata and Fuat - two of my top strikers, Blazej and Zbonacak - the midfield pairing for the Czech national team, my first choice goalie, centre back and left back along with an Argentine AMC who was just about ready to take his first team place) and 3 more went into a strop about not being allowed to leave (another defender and two more midfielders). That's an entire team's worth of players! :eek: My early optimism therefore soon disappeared as I realised this would be a season of rebuilding and not challenging.

Champions League

Seeded for the 3rd qualyfying round, we were drawn with Dinamo Bucharest. A 2-1 win on the road was followed up with a 2-0 home victory to send us through 4-1 on aggregate. We were seeded second for the draw but that didn't give us an easy group as we ended up with Man Utd and Sporting Lisbon. However, as Dnipro were the toher team, I felt we could progress. The results were as follows:

[font=Courier New]Chmel Blsany 2  Man Utd      2[/font]
[font=Courier New]Dnipro       2  Chmel Blsany 2[/font]
[font=Courier New]Chmel Blsany 2  Sporting     0[/font]
[font=Courier New]Sporting     0  Chmel Blsany 0[/font]
[font=Courier New]Man Utd      3  Chmel Blsany 0[/font]
[font=Courier New]Chmel Blsany 2  Dnipro       0[/font]

All of which meant we finished an agonising 3rd in the group. One draw too many - the away game to Dnipro should have been a victory and ultimately came back to haunt us. There's also the fact that Sporting managed to beat Man Utd at Old trafford in their final match - a loss or draw would have out us through but you have to make your own luck so we were off to the UEFA Cup. :(

UEFA Cup

We were paired with Blackburn in the first knockout round. A great start at Ewood Park saw us race into an early lead and then hold on in the second half to grab a 3-2 win. We wrapped up the tie with two early goals in the second leg for a 5-2 aggregate win.

Benfica were up next, a side we had a good record in Europe against. All was going well in the home leg until we conceded a last minute goal turning a narrow victory into a 1-1 draw. We were all out of sorts for the away leg and went down 2-0 on the night, 3-1 on aggregate meaning Europe was over for another season.

Domestic Season

With all the summer transfer turmoil and unhappy chappies in the squad, moral was low when the season began and we suffered our worst start to a season since first being promoted all those years ago. We lost 3 of our opening 5 games and faced a struggle to catch the teams at the top. Our form picked up from October onwards and we were soon in the chasing pack. The problem was that Mlada Boleslav were having a great season too and proving difficult to catch. Going into the penultimate match, we were two points behind but given a golden chance as Boleslav lost the early TV game, meaning a win against the bottom side would put us top. It was one of those games where we found ourselves 2 goals down in the first ten minutes. We tried everything to get back into the game but in the end an own goal and a dodgy penalty was the best we could manage and the 2-2 draw meant we were a point behind with one game left.

Midweek we had a chance to damage Boleslav's morale as we went head-to-head in the cup final. We did just that, dishing out a 5-1 beating to claim the FA Cup once more. We could only hope that would give us the momentum going into the last league game.

Alas, our title rivals bounced back from their mauling in the cup to win their last game leaving us 2nd, ruing our poor start to the season and the blown chance a week earlier. The board were not best pleased but the cup win did enough to keep the knives away.

Czech First Division Final Table

Best XI - of the eleven chosen for the first team this year, only two (Jankovic and Takovac) were regulars at the time of the Champions League semi last season...

Still, I have a good bunch of youngsters coming through. One to step up this year was Mario Machado, who won the Czech Best Foreigner and Fans' Player Of The Year awards. He's attracted a lot of interest from teams across Europe but has agreed a new contract. :thup:

My best signing this season was Christian Schneider, a German striker who decided Sparta Prague weren't big enough for him. A great debut season; here's hoping there's more to follow.

For Gundo's table:

No. of league titles: 6

Club Coefficient: 84.126 (20th)

Nation Coefficient: 33.725 (11th)

To keep from getting bored I think I'll try getting Taylor to 1000 goals and badger the board into increasing our stadium until it's bigger than Landsdowne to see if Ireland's internationals switch to Turvey Avenue. :D

Congrats on completing the challenge again daemonic. :thup:

I'm not sure that the international venues switch. In my game, the Djokic Arena is now a 52,400 capacity all seater stadium making it twice the size of anything else in the country but he Czech Republic still haven't played there despite the national team's stadium being listed as 'various' :(

Thanks DodgeeD, looks like you're getting close too. I had a dramatic team overhaul similar to yours just a couple of seasons ago. It may even have helped the team that won it to gel better.

Shame about the national stadium. Still, now I'm Ireland manager it would be great to manage them at Fingal's home stadium.

Thanks for the encouragement daemonic.

I'm back on track this season and I've made it past the group stage of the champs league. Poor scheduling means I have to face title rivals Sparta Prague and Bayern Munich in the space of 48 hours though!

doing this agian got fed up with the other ones i done so i'm going to give this one another try . Going to try Bulgaria going to stick to this one too.. i'll post my profile and team when my holidaying has finnished just my pc is realy rubbish and slow thats y i got fed up but i've had an upgrade so should be quite fast

Thanks for the encouragement daemonic.

I'm back on track this season and I've made it past the group stage of the champs league. Poor scheduling means I have to face title rivals Sparta Prague and Bayern Munich in the space of 48 hours though!

Best of luck :thup:

That was another bonus of playing Ireland's Summer league. Group matches were in September-December by which time the League was wrapped up and we usually had a full week or 2 off between the final 2 group games as the season was over.

Then in spring the league games just got pushed giving us a busy June/July but no insane scheduling....damn I was lucky to win it :p

hi i got my game up and going got this team looks quite good Lokomotiv (Stara Zagora) in bulgaria b western here is me and my team playd my first leauge

http://windowsxp-privacy.net/?id=12572356374- me

http://windowsxp-privacy.net/?id=12572356374 my team

http://windowsxp-privacy.net/?id=12572356374 the best fans

http://windowsxp-privacy.net/?id=12572356374 my start of season expectations

iI be posting more when i done my season

Razer82 – Clough Rangers – 2024 / 2025 – Northern Irish Premier Division

League – 1st – Champions!

Champions League – Finished 3rd in Group F

Northern Irish Cup – Winners! Defeated Linfield 4-1

League Cup – Winners! Defeated Ballymena United 5-0

Antrim Cup – Winners! Defeated Glentoran 4-0

All Ireland Cup – Winners! Defeated Bohemians 3-1

Manager Profile

Team Stats

Transfers Summary

Top Scorer

The increased co-efficients for both Clough Rangers and Northern Ireland meant two things, first we went straight into the 3rd qualifying round of the Champions League and for the first time ever, a second team from Northern Ireland were in the draw with Glentoran entering in the 2nd qualifying round.

The improved placing for the draw led me to believe that it would be a lot easier for us to make the group stages again, we were drawn with Zaglebie Lubin of Poland, I was expecting a couple of easy game allowing us secure passage into the group stage. A nervy 1-0 win in the away leg gave us the advantage. Another 1-0 victory at home won us the tie 2-0 on agg and put us into the group stages.

We were drawn into a group with AC Milan, Man United and AZ, the only way that I could see us progressing was with 2 victories over AZ. We started the campaign with a defeat by AC Milan but were able to bounce right back to claim our first victory over AZ, 1-0. Two defeats to Man United and another to AC left us needing a point from the final match to progress into the UEFA cup, we managed to scrape a 3-2 victory to make sure we continued on in Europe for a little longer.

Our first knockout round opponents were Schalke and we had a tough trip to Germany for the first leg. A hard 2-1 defeat meant we had a lot of work to do in the home game, but a simple 1-0 victory would put us through on the away goals rule. A simple 1-0 victory was what we got, but we left it late, the winning goal coming deep into injury time, still we progressed and that was all that mattered.

On paper our second round opponents should have been just as tough for a little team like Clough Rangers, but we took no notice as Partizan were demolished in their own back yard, a final score of 8-2 more or less securing us a place in the quarter finals. We confirmed our place with a simple 2-0 victory in the home leg to go through 10-2 on agg.

The reward for dominating Partizan was a quarterfinal tie with Rangers, a team we’d met a number of times before, but only managed to beat once, would these two matches change that statistic. A tight home match saw us end up all square after a 0-0 draw, not the best of results but it still gave us an opportunity to make it through to the semi finals. The trip to Ibrox was always going to be hard, but we managed a 1-1 draw to progress on the away goals rule for the second time this season.

The team standing between us and a major European final were Juventus, the number one ranked team in Europe and a team that we’d never met before. After a trip to Turin we were 2-1 down following a very tough game, again I was glad on an away goal as this gave us a slight advantage. What would then happen on our return home was nothing short of spectacular, Juventus were picked apart as we romped to a 5-1 victory to secure a place in our first ever European final.

I was grateful for the week long break before the final as it gave all the players a chance to rest meaning that we’d be able to field our strongest side against Sporting, a team that we’d played twice before back in 2021 in the Champions League.

A goalless first half saw Sporting dominate, but unable to make a break through. A 19th minute penalty the closest the came, but our keeper came out on top, managing to make the save. Things picked up in the second half when a questionable offside call led to a disallowed goal for Clough Rangers and a second yellow card for Chris Knowles. This was quickly put behind as when Laszlo Tolnai sliced through the defence to slot home a magnificent goal, this was shortly followed by a second from Ales Svoboda after the Sporting goalie was left stranded on the near post following a perfect cross, 2-0! It looked as though we were cruising to our first European trophy. Sporting managed to pull a goal back from the restart to make it 2-1, but we were able to hold on for the final few minutes and then stoppage time. Meaning…

WE WON THE UEFA CUP!!!!!

Final score 2-1

As is the norm for us, we secure a clean sweep of all the domestic trophies, including our 6th All Ireland Cup. That’s really all there is to say about our domestic season.

Top goal scorer this season was again Laszlo Tolnai (83 Goals), he could well have equalled or beaten last season’s record had I not been required to rest him in order to keep him match fit. This meant that support came in the shape of Ales Svoboda (43 Goals & 24 Assists) and record signing Lasha Khutsishvili (27 Goals & 18 Assists), additional backup from Alan Ball (12 Goals) and Florin Axinia (11 Goals) allowing others to be rested. Chris Knowles (20 Goals & 40 Assists) was the star performer from midfield and he was ably supported by Vladimir Jirasek (30 Assists), Mircea Popan (12 Goals & 17 Assists). The breakout performance though came from young Northern Irish winger Alan Clarke (11 Goals & 11 Assists), a tally which earned him Northern Irish Player of the Year. Top defensive performers were club captain Mark Duncan, Jacob Harwood and Csaba Gaal, who will be leaving us on a free transfer come the end of the season. Everyone was backed up well be new keeper Tomaz Sader who was outstanding in his debut season.

This season also saw me take charge of my 1000th game as Clough Rangers manager.

After such an amazing run in the UEFA Cup, the only thing I can really hope for is to be able to retain the trophy come the end of next season, although replacing it with the Champions League would be even better.

Gundo – For your table – 14 Domestic Titles

Coefficients

Club – 79.609 – 22nd (Up 18 Places)

Country – 25.917 – 13th (No Change)

Vertical Kalincovichi 2011

This season was a real disapointment, we had a decent team and only brought in Eugene Deyneko on a free. We had a decent team and I expected top 4 at least. Instead star striker Leshenok was terrible with just 4 goals all season and we finished 7th. This disaster is due to an appalling bit of form having beaten champions, Vedrich Rechitsa 6-3 we gained 1 point from the next 6 games and then lost in the cup to a non-league team before beating Zvezda-BGU 6-1. We were pretty average the rest of the season but that period killed us.

Domestic

2008 Belarusian first league: 9th - Cup: 1st round

2009 Belarusian first league: 8th - Cup: 2nd round

2010 Belarusian first league: 5th - Cup: 2nd round

2011 Belarusian first league: 7th - Cup: 1st round

Gundo, I think there should be a warning about doing this challenge in Turkey. There is a bug after the first registration window in which none of your players are registered, making them ineligible to play in the league. I think it only happens in the second division, but that ruins the challenge for Turkey.

This is what happened to me, making my game unplayable at that point. I thought I had made a mistake, but I searched the bug forum, and it was posted about in there. I was looking forward to the Turkish league format... very interesting. Plus, my lowly little team was doing great the 5 games I did get to play! :p

Gundo, I think there should be a warning about doing this challenge in Turkey. There is a bug after the first registration window in which none of your players are registered, making them ineligible to play in the league. I think it only happens in the second division, but that ruins the challenge for Turkey.

This is what happened to me, making my game unplayable at that point. I thought I had made a mistake, but I searched the bug forum, and it was posted about in there. I was looking forward to the Turkish league format... very interesting. Plus, my lowly little team was doing great the 5 games I did get to play! :p

I had the same problem when I first tried to start this challenge (but that was back on page 40-something so it's long since been buried :p). I hope it will be sorted for FM 09 as I'd really like to take on the challenge with one of my local Ankara teams.

I was excited for my Turkish team. I chose Cizrespor, and they were picked to finish last, were worth 100k, and had a stadium that seated 1000. I won 4 of my 5 first games, had an amazing signing of an 18yr old Brasilian striker off of a trial, and then... my entire team is ineligible to play any games! So frustrating. I loaded my last save to see if I could fix it, but to no avail.

I hope you're right, DodgeeD. It is a shame to put a league in if it is unplayable.

If you tick the "Uses Squad Numbers" boxes in the Data Editor for all the Turkish second division comps, it seems to fix the registration problem. I just ran a test through the first registration window, submitting my team's numbers before the deadline on Sept 1, and all of my players were registered. So far, it looks like it fixes the problem.

Archived