Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The damn demo has caught my attention now so my Sporting Fingal career may be coming to an end very soon...one more season update will probably be it.

Might give the Dafuge challenge a go before I try this one on 09.

Forget what I said about the demo. The injuries and headache inducing juddery 3D means its been uninstalled and back on FM08 we just won our 3rd Champions League. Full Report in a day or 3.

Will see how the release day patch goes before deciding to try this or any other challenge on 09.

Forget what I said about the demo. The injuries and headache inducing juddery 3D means its been uninstalled and back on FM08 we just won our 3rd Champions League. Full Report in a day or 3.

Will see how the release day patch goes before deciding to try this or any other challenge on 09.

So the juddery 3D wasn't just my computer then? Cool, no need to buy a new one just yet! :D

Looking forward to your next report. :thup:

So the juddery 3D wasn't just my computer then? Cool, no need to buy a new one just yet! :D

Looking forward to your next report. :thup:

I think there's a lot of luck as to whether the 3D runs well on your comp. My graphics card (ATI Radeon X550 - 256mb) isn't the newest but I'd expect that card combined with a 2.4ghz quad core with 4gb ram would be able to run it smoothly. I even give FM it's own hard drive seperate from the O/S drive.

I'll try it again on a patched FM09 but I reckon I'll be switching to the Classic 2D view. Playing FM should only make you feel "sick as a parrot" due to results, not just plain sick because the graphics are bringing on nausea :( </rant>

awh shucks.

Would it be too much of an alteration to maybe suggest that managers could move on to different leagues after completing the challenge? That way there's a little bit more of an incentive afterwards. Just a thought

Albert Foundry - Northern Irish Premier Division - 2025.26 (Season 17)

Media Prediction: 1st

My Prediction: 1st

Final Position: 1st

One point dropped, won everything.

Final Table

Europe

Made it :D we were robbed twice against CSKA believe it or not, with a bit of luck we could've gone even further.

[i]
[u]UEFA Champions League First Qualifying Round[/u]
Neftci 2-2 Albert Foundry
Albert Foundry 0-0 Neftci

[u]UEFA Champions League Second Qualifying Round[/u]
Staebek 3-2 Albert Foundry
Albert Foundry 5-1 Staebek

[u]UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round[/u]
Albert Foundry 4-0 Celtic
Celtic 3-2 Albert Foundry

CSKA Moscow 5-2 L (a)
AC Milan 1-2 L (h)
Arsenal 0-1 L (h)
Arsenal 1-0 W (a)
CSKA Moscow 1-3 L (h)
AC Milan 4-0 L (a)

Club News

Considering ending my term at Albert Foundry and just working on boosting the other NI teams until I get FM09, will give Europe another blast I reckon. So this may or may not be it until 09.

No. of League Titles: 13

Nation Coefficient: 9.000 - 33rd

Club Coefficient: 18.739 - 157th (up 54 places)

Sporting Fingal - Irish Premier Division 2025

Transfers

The Domestic Season

All-Ireland Cup:Winners

League:Winners

Irish Senior Challenge Cup:Winners

Europe

Champions League First Knockout Round Season 2024/25

Sevilla 5-3 Sporting Fingal

Sporting Fingal 3-1 Sevilla

Champions League Quarter-Final Season 2024/25

Sporting Fingal 3-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-2 Sporting Fingal

Champions League Semi-Final Season 2024/25

Absolutely crazy results but we went through 9-8 on aggregate.

Sporting Fingal 6-1 Real Madrid

Real Madrid 7-3 Sporting Fingal

Champions League Final Season 2024/25

After the excitement of the semi-final the final against PSV was very straightforward. Sporting Fingal are Champions of Europe for a 3rd time.

Sporting Fingal 3-1 PSV

European Super Cup 2025

Easssssssssssssy Winners

World Club Championship 2025

Beaten

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League Group Stage Season 2025/26

Qualified

Other News

Liam Taylor has now scored 712 club goals in 405 games and 38 in 40 for Ireland giving him a career total of 750.

The club is now the 10th Richest Club in the World and I've passed 1000 games in charge and still counting.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

European Co-efficients

Fingal - 139.382 (2nd up from 7th)

Ireland - 30.750 (11th up from 12th)

Sporting Fingal Trophy Room

Champions League x 3 - 2020/21, 2023/24, 2024/25

European Super Cup x 3 - 2021, 2024, 2025

World Club Championship x 2 - 2021, 2024

Irish Premier Division x 14 - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025

All-Ireland Cup x 14 - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025

Irish Senior Challenge Cup x 14 - 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025

Irish First Division - 2008

Thanks.

I'll keep playing until 09 arrives. I reckon 2 or maybe even 3 more seasons are required to get Taylor to 1000 goals and at my recent rate of a season every 2 weeks it seems unlikely.

Having said that, the demo didn't inspire much confidence in FM09 so unless the release day patch fixes the various bugs found so far I may stick with FM08 for a while yet.

EDIT: Although, once the FM09 thread's get going this one will disappear fast so Taylor reaching 1000 may become a personal crusade :D

Good going there daemonic

You should go for the 1000 goals with Taylor - it would be a shame to get so close and then abandon the save.

On a side note, I had another look at the demo and the match engine looked a lot smoother when I reduced the speed a bit. Still, I hope it is made smoother at higher speeds when patched.

@DodgeeD

Thanks.

I was going to load the demo again and play with the settings after reading some of the threads in the PC/MAC General Mayhe...I mean Discussion forum but its uninstalled now and I can't be arsed with the full game arriving in the next week or so.

I'll give it some effort then. Might play a getting to know you game before launching into a challenge. If I'm not too into the game I may dip in and out of FM08 to keep this save ticking over for a season or 2.

Although I've spotted Taylor mk II already. I've an 18yr old Danish ST who's scored 80+ goals for the u-21's last season. My tactic works for the underage teams too :D

Congratulations DodgeeD.

The arrival of my son basically stopped my Sencur game dead, and we never got past the QF of the Champions League.

I may get some time to try this again in FM09 in a few months time. I WILL crack it in Slovenia one day!

Thanks to everyone who took part in this challenge with FM08 and a big well done to those who completed it this year. All your support and tales of glory and sometimes despair, have made this challenge what it is today.I'll look forward to seeing you all take part again this year hopefully.:thup::thup::thup:

I'll try and get the new FM09 thread up and running sometime this evening all being well and good.:cool:

Thanks to everyone who took part in this challenge with FM08 and a big well done to those who completed it this year. All your support and tales of glory and sometimes despair, have made this challenge what it is today.I'll look forward to seeing you all take part again this year hopefully.:thup::thup::thup:

I'll try and get the new FM09 thread up and running sometime this evening all being well and good.:cool:

Well i'm in!

All ready to go Gundo, just me know the rules mate

Congratulations DodgeeD.

The arrival of my son basically stopped my Sencur game dead, and we never got past the QF of the Champions League.

I may get some time to try this again in FM09 in a few months time. I WILL crack it in Slovenia one day!

Thanks spotg :thup: The birth of my son brought a similar end to my FM 06 career and meant I never really had a good save going on FM 07...

Well, I finished another season with Blsany. Did the double domestically again, retained the Club World Champinship and won the European Super Cup but failed to make it three in a row in the Champions League as we agonisingly lost on away goals to Porto in the quarters....

I guess this thread will start to drop down the page soon but I'm looking forward to the FM09 version. Hoping that the Turkish league is bug free so I can take my local team Ankara Demirspor or my wife's hometown team Yalovaspor to the summit of European football! :D

Archived