Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Albert Foundry - Northern Irish Premier Division - 2016/17 (Season 9)

Media Prediction: 1st

My Prediction: 1st

Final Position: 1st

Domestic

Our most comfortable league victory yet, couldn't retain the Irish Cup though, not to worry. Neil Hutchison won player of the year whilst hitting 28 league goals in 25 games. He was awesome.

Final Table

Europe

We made it to the 3rd Qualifying Stage here with arguably my best FM result of all time. However, I was disappointed by our UEFA Cup performance, very close to the group stages there.

[i]
[u]UEFA Cup First Qualifying Round[/u]
Albert Foundry 2-0 FK Rabotnicki Skopje
FK Rabotnicki Skopje 2-2 Albert Foundry

[u]UEFA Champions League Second Qualifying Round[/u]
Albert Foundry 4-3 Hearts
Hearts 2-8 Albert Foundry

[u]UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round[/u]
Panathinaikos 5-2 Albert Foundry
Albert Foundry 0-3 Panathinaikos
[/i]

Club News

Paisley Park's capacity is getting an expansion to see it go above 2000. We will be playing at somehwere called Giants Park in the meantime.

No. of League Titles: 4

Nation Coefficient: 2.333 - 41st

Club Coefficient: 3.429 - 403rd (up 76 places)

Albert Foundry - Northern Irish Premier Division - 2017/18(Season 10)

Domestic

First unbeaten season in NIPL, very comfy altogether. Got back our Irish Cup as well :)

Final Table

Europe

Bit of a step back this year, Celtic destroyed us, coefficient's up again at least.

[i]
[u]UEFA Cup First Qualifying Round[/u]
Albert Foundry 3-3 TNS
TNS 1-4 Albert Foundry

Albert Foundry 2-3 Celtic
Celtic 3-0 Albert Foundry

[/i]

Club News

Paisley Park will be no more in 2020, we will be moving into the brand new and very cleverly named Albert Foundry Stadium with a capacity of 6475. I've been 10 years in charge now, still not a favourite though!!

No. of League Titles: 5

Nation Coefficient: 3.444 - 38th

Club Coefficient: 3.594 - 377th (up 26 places)

I'm looking for advice here, particularly from previous NI players. I don't know how to take Foundry to the next level. The league's rep doesn't seem to have changed at all so I still have difficulty in attracting players etc. Plus, the boards decision to build a new stadium has taken away pretty much all of my hard earned cash, can't get any further than UEFA Cup Rnd 1 in Europe either..

Have you turned Pro yet Fitzaay? If not thats the next big step. Get 5m in the bank and it'll happen at the end of the season. That will also allow you scout Europe, in particular Eastern Europe. Then if you can get 10m in the bank (i think) you get to scout further afield.

Other than that just stick with it, you'll get a lucky european draw, gather a few coefficient points and suddenly it'll all seem easier.

From watching other posts from N.I. its usually the early 2020's before anyone makes significant progress in Europe.

BTW, the League rep will never change, only the European coefficient points. Thats one of the biggest challenges of managing in a small nation, the league is weak and always will be.

In my Irish game I no longer lose players to "bigger clubs" but i have lost a couple who "wanted the challenge of playing in a more competitive league".

Albert Foundry - Northern Irish Premier Division - 2018/19(Season 11)

Domestic

No problems here, lost a few games due to a slight transition I'm going through, Won the League Cup and the Irish Cup to boot.

Final Table

Europe

Oh so close to significant progress.

[i]
[u]UEFA Champions League First Qualifying Round[/u]
Albert Foundry 2-1 TNS
TNS 1-2 Albert Foundry

Albert Foundry 2-1 Lokomotiv Sofia
Lokomotiv Sofia 1-2 Albert Foundry

Sporting Lisbon 5-0 Albert Foundry
Albert Foundry 0-2 Sporting Lisbon
[/i]

Club News

No transfer funds this season due to the new stadium coming. Goalkeeper and star player Anthony Turner is off to Hull on a freebie :(

I'm still not a fan favourite and we still have no rivals haha..

Disappointed at how the coefficients treated us this season too. AND to top it off it looks like we're remaining semi-professional for the time being

No. of League Titles: 6

Nation Coefficient: 4.833 - 38th

Club Coefficient: 3.704 - 387th (down 10 places SHOCKINGLY)

Odd. I thought 5m in the bank guaranteed Pro status if that was your balance on the season reset date or maybe the first day of June...can't remember which. It worked for me in at least 2 saves that I can recall, 1 in Switzerland and 1 in N.I.

p.s. Your code for European results has the first game titled as a UEFA Cup game and not CL...I've made the same mistake before :)

Razer82 -Clough Rangers – 2025 / 2026 – Northern Irish Premier Division

League – 1st – Champions!

Champions League – 1st Knockout Round – Lost 6-3 on agg to Porto

European Super Cup – Runners Up Lost to Inter 2-1

Northern Irish Cup – Winners! Defeated Tobermore United 6-0

League Cup – Winners! Defeated Glentoran 2-0

Antrim Cup – Winners! Defeated Distillery 6-0

All Ireland Cup – Winners! Defeated Shamrock Rovers 3-0

Team Stats

Transfers Summary

Our European campaign began with a 3rd Qualifying round tie with IFK Goteberg, a tough away game ended 2-2 after some disastrous defending in the final few minutes, but the advantage of the away goals was still a plus. Our home performance was the exact opposite of the away one, we were all over them and the final score read 6-1 to Clough Rangers, meaning we progressed 8-1 on agg.

Winning the UEFA cup last season rocketed us up the rankings and for the first time ever we were not seeded 4th for the group draw. We are now considered 2nd seeds, which should give us two teams we’re able to beat and meaning we should now be able to make the knockout stages! We were drawn with Real Madrid, Slavia Prague and Braga. I knew that taking anything from Real Madrid would be next to impossible so we’d need to beat the others to make sure we’d progress.

We began the group games with a comfortable 3-0 defeat of Braga and then we pushed Real hard at the Bernabeu before finally falling to a 3-2 defeat. We managed to bounce straight back and hammer Salvia Prague 4-0 at home and scraping a 2-1 win away. These results meant that we qualified for the knockout stages for the first time ever.

A 1-1 draw in the second game with Braga was followed by another defeat to Real, this time 2-0. We still finished 2nd in Group H and progressed to the knockout stages to face Porto.

With the first leg being at home I was confident we’d be able to take some kind of a lead to Portugal, a 2-1 was what was managed giving us some hope of being able to make it to the next round. What happened in Portugal was nothing short of a disaster, we imploded, losing 5-1 and crashing out 6-3 on agg.

As always, all things domestic were easily won but it was the All Ireland Cup where we had a couple of scares. Firstly being held to a 2-2 draw by Linfield and then a shocking defeat 4-3 to Shamrock Rovers in the final group game. Normal service was resumed in the Semi Finals with a 3-2 win over Cork City to put us into another final to face Shamrock Rovers again. This time my players were rested and able to take full advantage as we strolled to a 3-0 victory for our 7th All Ireland Cup.

Due to the fixture congestion towards the end of the season a lot more players were able to step up and make an impact for us, but I don’t think we’d have gotten anywhere this season with Laszlo Tolnai (100 Goals & 29 Assists), striker support this year was provided by Vladimir Pokorny (22 Goals), Alan Ball (14 Goals), Ales Svoboda (11 Goals), and new signing Leonel Olivera (20 Goals and 16 Assists). Top midfield performers were Chris Knowles (18 Goals & 42 Assists), Vladimir Jirasek (23 Assists), Northern Irish Player of the Year Alan Clarke (14 Assists) and our second Argentine Jorge Rufino (10 Assists). Tomaz Sadar played every match in goal and kept us in a number of games, assisted by the strong defence of Mark Duncan, Jacob Harwood, Zlotan Szepessy and our third Argentine Adrian Ferrero.

With Duncan, Jirasek and Knowles all leaving on free transfers come the end of the season, a number of top performers will need replacing for next year’s attempt at the Champions League and with our ranking & reputation improving each and every year we’re getting closer to reaching our goal.

Coefficients

Club – 86.347 – 20th (Up 2 Places)

Country – 29.125 – 11th (Up 2 Places)

Well done Razer, making the knockout stages should add some more well earned coefficient points.

On a side note regarding Real Madrid....I just reached my second Champions League final and the 10 time champs were our opponents...in the final one team scored 8, the other got nothing :eek:

Thanks daemonic, it's progress at least but I think that it's too slow to be able to finish the challenge before 09.

I keep coming up against Real and we just don't have the quality to beat them, which will become evident when the next season summary is up.

Yeah, that seems to be it. It was the same when I first started making the Champions League. Took a couple of years to get past the first 2 qualifying rounds and then all of a sudden you're in the group stage every year.

I've kind of been hoping that we'd end up 3rd in the group stage the last couple of seasons, just to have another run at the UEFA cup and get another reputation boost.

Albert Foundry - Northern Irish Premier Division - 2019/20(Season 12)

Domestic

No problems here, lost a few games due to a slight transition I'm going through, Won the League Cup and the Irish Cup to boot.

Final Table

Europe

Step Backwards guys...

[i]
Ararat Yerevan 4-2 Albert Foundry
Albert Foundry 3-0 Ararat Yerevan

M. Haifa 5-0 Albert Foundry
Albert Foundry 0-1 M. Haifa
[/i]

Club News

STILL No transfer funds this season due to the new stadium coming. West Brom have shelled out 1,300,000 for 29 year old left back Tony Coppinger, just as my newbie is coming into fruition :)

I'm still not a fan favourite and we still have no rivals haha..

No. of League Titles: 7

Nation Coefficient: 5.167 - 38th

Club Coefficient: 3.704 - 398th (down 11 places)

TKP Torun - Polish First Division - End of Season Review 2017/18

A very good season for TKP Torun football club, as we made our first ever entry to the Champions League proper, into Group C with Inter, Lyon and Olympiacos - after an amazing 8-4 aggregate win over Glasgow Rangers.

After 4-1 and 5-1 defeats to Lyon and Inter, we looked our of our depth, but we managed a 3-2 win over Olympiacos at home, and a 1-1 draw away to claim 4 points in the group and secure 3rd place, despite 4-1 defeat in Lyon and a 1-0 home defeat to Inter. Unfortunatley we fell straight away in the UEFA Cup First Round to Braga 4-2 on aggregate.

In the league, despite lagging behind due to Champions League games, and postponed League Cup games, we were strong, especially at home, where we won all but one game - an unlucky 1-0 defeat to Jagiellonia. What made it worse was the goal was conceded off a 94th minute corner, and the scorer was ex-TKP Torun player Patryk Klofick. However, as you may guess from that record, we won the league with our highest ever points tally. We also won the League Cup on penalties, but went out early in the FA Cup.

It was a good closing season for our stadium Armii Ludowej as we move into the new 3925 capacity TKP Torun stadium in July, although we probably could now afford a bigger ground, due to the £5million flood of money from the Champions League. From only just being in the black, the board have now agreed to upgrade our terrible training and youth facilites - so things really are looking up for TKP.

Season Summary

First Division - 1st CHAMPIONS

UEFA Champions League - 3rd in Group C

UEFA Cup - 1st Knockout Round, Lost 4-2agg to Braga

Polish FA Cup - 3rd Round, Lost 2-1 away to Jagiellonia

Polish League Cup - WINNERS

Polish Super Cup - WINNERS, 2-1 vs Zaglebie Lubin

Top Scorer - Kamil Majkowski - 28

Current Honours

League Title (3)

League Cup (2)

Super Cup (1)

Sporting Fingal - Irish Premier Division 2024

Transfers

The Domestic Season

All-Ireland Cup:Winners

League:Winners

Irish Senior Challenge Cup:Winners

Europe

Champions League First Knockout Round Season 2023/24

Sporting Fingal 2-1 Manchester United

Manchester United 1-2 Sporting Fingal

Champions League Quarter-Final Season 2023/24

Liverpool 4-3 Sporting Fingal

Sporting Fingal 5-3 Liverpool

Champions League Semi-Final Season 2023/24

A crazy second leg. 3-0 up at half time to 3-4 down after 72 minutes before we got it together to win.

Sporting Fingal 2-2 Inter Milan

Inter Milan 4-5 Sporting Fingal

Champions League Final Season 2023/24

So we were off to Old Trafford to play in our second Champions League Final. 10 time winners, Real Madrid stood between us and the cup. What followed can only be described as the best Sporting Fingal performance ever as we humiliated them. Sporting Fingal are Champions of Europe in spectacular style.

Our Champions League campaign set all sorts of records including most goals (55) scored & most goals conceded (31). Liam Taylor won the Golden Boot and led a clean sweep for Fingal players in the Champions League Best Player award.

European Super Cup 2024

Winners

World Club Championship 2024

Winners beating unfortunate Saitama Utd who've appeared in 5 finals without winning 1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League Group Stage Season 2024/25

Qualified

Red Star        1-2 Sporting Fingal
Sporting Fingal 4-1 Werder Bremen
Besiktas        2-3 Sporting Fingal
Sporting Fingal 3-2 Besiktas
Sporting Fingal 2-0 Red Star
Werder Bremen   2-2 Sporting Fingal

Other News

Liam Taylor has now scored 602 club goals in 346 games and 30 in 30 for Ireland giving him a career total of 632.

The club is now the 13th Richest Club in the World. To celebrate yet another expansion was announced which will take us past 40,000 capacity.

And on a personal note, IN YOUR FACE FERGUSON :D

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

European Co-efficients

Fingal - 121.144 (7th up from 11th)

Ireland - 27.375 (12th up from 14th)

Sporting Fingal Trophy Room

Champions League x 2 - 2020/21, 2023/24

European Super Cup x 2 - 2021, 2024

World Club Championship x 2 - 2021, 2024

Irish Premier Division x 13 - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024

All-Ireland Cup x 13 - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024

Irish Senior Challenge Cup x 13 - 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024

Irish First Division - 2008

Unbelievable win in the Champions League daemonic!! :eek::thup:

Interesting to see that your goalie is David Dunn - any relation to the Blackburn and Birmingham man I wonder :D

Yeah, I was shocked at the score. Doubt I'll ever see a score like it in this save or any other game.

Dunn is a Scot so I don't think so :)

Albert Foundry - Northern Irish Premier Division - 2020/21 (Season 13)

Domestic: Winners of the League, Irish Cup and Antrim Trophy. Glentoran challenged quite well, still not running away with it. Still struggling in the

Final Table

Europe

I thought that after beating Copenhagen this would be the year but we performed awfully against Grasshopper.

[i]
Albert Foundry 3-0 Racing FC (Lux)
Racing FC (Lux) 2-2 Albert Foundry

FC Copenhagen 3-2 Albert Foundry
Albert Foundry 2-0 FC Copenhagen

Grasshopper 5-2 Albert Foundry
Albert Foundry 0-4 Grasshopper
[/i]

Club News

Our new Albert Foundry Stadium is to go up nearly 2000 seats to take it to around 8400, Training and Youth facilities are now of a good standard, finally we have turned professional... I'm so proud... tear :)

Hopefully this can be our season to get into the group stages!

No. of League Titles: 8

Nation Coefficient: 5.173 - 38th

Club Coefficient: 3.924 - 374th (up 24 places)

Albert Foundry - Northern Irish Premier Division - 2020/21 (Season 13)

Very comfortable domestically. Clean Sweep of trophies except the setanta cup.

Final Table

Europe

Painful.

[i]
Albert Foundry 0-3 Dinamo Tblisi 
Dinamo Tblisii 1-0 Albert Foundry

[/i]

Club News

The club is now worth over 15 million, John Hutchinson and Darren Morris left for Derby and Hearts respectively (1.7 mil and 1.1 mil) I've signed 2 czech players, a swiss and a polish international. We could just be on the verge of becoming a force here

Hopefully this can be our season to get into the group stages!

No. of League Titles: 9

Nation Coefficient: 5.833 - 38th

Club Coefficient: 3.924 - 469th (down 96 places)

Albert Foundry - Northern Irish Premier Division - 2022/23 (Season 14)

3 points dropped in the entire season, won every cup

Final Table

Europe

Unlucky to draw Kiev, I was impressed by our display in the away leg though.

[i]
Torpedo Tukaisi 4-2 Albert Foundry 
Albert Foundry 4-0 Torpedo Tukaisi

Albert Foundry 0-3 Dinamo Kiev
Dinamo Kiev 0-1 Albert Foundry

[/i]

Club NewsGot rid of my 2nd choice goalie for 1mil plus 40% of next fee to wolves, signed a left winger from Birmingham for 1.1mil. Really hoping this is the season, I'd be disappointed with myself if we stay out of group stages much longer guys.Stadiums capacity will soon be near 10000

No. of League Titles: 10

Nation Coefficient: 4.000 - 37th

Club Coefficient: 1.595 - 472th (down 3 places)

Real Madrid must hate playing us...8-0 in the final last year and just beat them 6-1 in the semi-final home leg this year :D

EDIT: But they did trounce us 7-3 in the second leg in Madrid.

Seems like I'm finding a similar thing to you - in 22 league games so far, we've conceded 9 goals; in 8 European games, we've let in 14! :D

Albert Foundry - Northern Irish Premier Division - 2023/24 (Season 15)

Won everything but the Setanta Cup, dropping just the one point along the way.

Final Table

Europe

Quite good displays against most teams, In the blackburn game we were believe it or not the better team in the Home Leg.

[i]
Levadia Tallinn 0-5 Albert Foundry 
Albert Foundry 2-0 Levadia Tallinn

FK Bezanija Belgrade 0-5 Albert Foundry
Albert Foundry 0-1 FK Bazanija Belgrade

Chelsea 3-0 Albert Foundry
Albert Foundry 2-0 Chelsea
[u]
UEFA Cup Group Stages[/u]
Albert Foundry 3-0 PAOK
Slavia Prague 2-0 Albert Foundry
Albert Foundry 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Celtic 1-3 Albert Foundry
[i]Finished 3rd in group[/i]
[u]
UEFA Cup 1st Knockout Round[/u]
Albert Foundry 0-4 Blackburn Rovers
Blackburn Rovers 2-2 Albert Foundry

Club News

Losing my Polish international Jozwiak to Leeds (why Leeds!!!???) on a free, the curse of the two year contract I think it's called. As well as this my Man Utd reject Dean Brady is also leaving on a freebie :( and for the hattrick my talented young Czech Martin Michal is leaving for West Brom on a free. The squad will have to go under construction if we're to better last season's progress.

Club value stands at £22.5mil, avg. attendance is 7500ish although all the yoyopean games were sellouts.

It's going to be difficult in hanging onto the likes of Danny Davidson who I signed from Birmingham for a record £1.1mil and reliable GK Erik Edvardsen

No. of League Titles: 11

Nation Coefficient: 4.833 - 37th

Club Coefficient: 1.595 - 220th (up 252 places) (MORE THAN ANY OTHER CLUB)

Albert Foundry - Northern Irish Premier Division - 2024/25 (Season 16)

The first perfect season, in everything domestically we went unchallenged.

Final Table

Europe

A step back this season, extremely disappointed with the CL 3rd Qualifying Round, having presumably done the hard work against Kiev.

[i]
Flora 0-2 Albert Foundry
Albert Foundry 1-1 Flora

Albert Foundry 1-1 Dinamo Kiev
Dinamo Kiev 3-4 Albert Foundry

Albert Foundry 2-2 Apoel Nicosia
Apoel Nicosie 2-0 Albert Foundry

Club News

The club value has rocketed above 25mil, Petr Mencl is off to Plymouth on a free *GRR* and its likely that 2 or 3 others will leave for nothing too. The stadium is getting an expansion of 2847 to take it to near 13000.

Records Broken in the Goalscoring and MOTM awards by Radim Turek.

Don't know if I'll complete the challenge before FM09 comes out but thanks Gundo, you've made me see this game in a whole other light. Real managers manage small teams

No. of League Titles: 12

Nation Coefficient: 7.667 - 34th

Club Coefficient: 1.595 - 211th (up 9 places)

Chmel Blsany, 2026-27 Season Review

Despite having already completed the challenge, I'm still enjoying this save so I'm going to keep it going until I get FM 09.

Czech First Division: Our most dominant season yet as we went unbeaten, banged in the goals and never looked like slipping up.

Final Table

Czech Cup: We had a relatively easy passage to the final as most of the big clubs were knocked out early on meaning we only played one first division team on our way to a meeting with Slavia Prague. For some reason my defence, which had been rock solid all season, was awful in this game. This was actually the only domestic match all season were we went behind. Our class told in the final 10 minutes though as we suddenly burst to life and started to score for fun. Final score: 7-3 - possibly one of the most bizarre matches I've had on FM! :D

European Super Cup: UEFA Cup winners Lyon provided our opposition here and took an early lead, but we scored a late equaliser to force extra time. A goal for each team meant it was settled on penalties but we bottled it and lost the shoot-out 4-2.

Club World Championship: We faced Cruz Azul in the semis and won easily, 3-0. River Plate were our opponents in the final, which we won 3-1 to become World Champions!

Champions League: As defending champs, we started in the group stage. Monaco, AC Milan and CSKA Moscow provided our opposition. We were able to top the group though we made harder work of it than we should have, being the only team to lose to Monaco. A 5-2 home win over AC Milan and a 4-1 beating of CSKA Moscow saw us through though.

Benfica were up next in the knockout round. A 2-2 away draw was followed by a 4-1 home win to put us though 6-3 on aggregate. We faced AC Milan again in the quarters. Luck was on our side as we scraped a 3-2 win at home. I was a bit concerned about the away leg as we hadn't won away all season in Europe but my fears were unfounded as we trounced the Italian side 4-0 for a 7-2 overall win. The semi final draw paired us with Galatsaray. A goaless draw at home left us work to do in Istanbul but we produced another great performance there to win 4-0 again and reach our 3rd final in as many years.

Once more, Man Utd would be our opponents. This time, we had experience and confidence and it showed as we were 3-0 up by half time. We suffered a scare in the second half as Man Utd scored twice in quick succession but we were able to hold on to win 3-2 and retain our Champions League crown!

Machado was in great form this season, weighing in with 57 goals in all competitons and finishing as best player and top scorer in the Champions League for the third year in a row. He now has passed the 200 goal mark for the club. I doubt he'll reach the magic 1,000 due to the lack of games in Czech Republic but I'll be doing my best to keep him for as long as I can

In other news, the Czechs are closing in on 8th place in the co-efficients. Maybe another Champions League win this year will gain 4 UEFA Cup spots for the 1st Division teams. :thup: (Not that those teams will be able to get past the first round mind.... :rolleyes:)

Archived