making 3 subs around 60-65mins

dont do it, around 70% of the time match engine will create a random injury just to teach you a lesson that u have 7 subs and if you make more than 2, more often than not you will be punished, just saying.

dont do it, around 70% of the time match engine will create a random injury just to teach you a lesson that u have 7 subs and if you make more than 2, more often than not you will be punished, just saying.

Also, if you don't put a keeper on the subs bench, there is a pre-programmed 65% chance your keeper will get injured. Just saying. :lol:

Making all 3 subs is risky. You SHOULD know that. There's a reason it isn't done IRL very often for exactly that reason. It's OBVIOUS that you'd have more of a chance of injuries toward the end of a game - their condition is lower!!

That said, 70% is a made up, thumb-sucking number, not to mention wrong. Also, the ME doesn't teach you anything on purpose. If you want to take risks, prepare for some of them to backfire.

Also, if you don't put a keeper on the subs bench, there is a pre-programmed 65% chance your keeper will get injured. Just saying. :lol:

You know what is quite funny I was swearing at the screen last week about this.

I had gotten to the 3rd round of the FA cup and had Arsenal, the fault lay with me as come the game I had totally forgotten that my first choice keeper was on loan from Arsenal and could not play, so I used my second choice.

Being a non-league side and watching my money I only had 2 keepers, every game before hand I always had a keeper on the bench and never needed him, for this game I had no sub keeper.

22 minutes gone in the game and yep my keeper gets injured and I have no keeper on the bench.

Ended up getting beat 7-0! :p

Keepers Shmeepers.. Few seasons back I was wondering why during pre-season my star midfielder was getting quite low ratings until I realised he was being played as a goalie as one of my GKs was injured and the other was still on Int. duty. That's what you get for letting the Ass Man pick your line up for friendlies :D

-SnUrF

Making all 3 subs is risky. You SHOULD know that. There's a reason it isn't done IRL very often for exactly that reason. It's OBVIOUS that you'd have more of a chance of injuries toward the end of a game - their condition is lower!!

That said, 70% is a made up, thumb-sucking number, not to mention wrong. Also, the ME doesn't teach you anything on purpose. If you want to take risks, prepare for some of them to backfire.

wise words and taken on board

Keepers Shmeepers.. Few seasons back I was wondering why during pre-season my star midfielder was getting quite low ratings until I realised he was being played as a goalie as one of my GKs was injured and the other was still on Int. duty. That's what you get for letting the Ass Man pick your line up for friendlies :D

-SnUrF

:applause: I've done that myself :o but it was with a keeper put on as Centerback, I wondered what the hell happened when he got beat for 3 goals in a row!

You know what is quite funny I was swearing at the screen last week about this.

I had gotten to the 3rd round of the FA cup and had Arsenal, the fault lay with me as come the game I had totally forgotten that my first choice keeper was on loan from Arsenal and could not play, so I used my second choice.

Being a non-league side and watching my money I only had 2 keepers, every game before hand I always had a keeper on the bench and never needed him, for this game I had no sub keeper.

22 minutes gone in the game and yep my keeper gets injured and I have no keeper on the bench.

Ended up getting beat 7-0! :p

I too learned this from bitter experience :lol:

I use three subs at 60 minutes in every single game, and always sub the lowest three conditioned players. I only lose another player a couple of times a season at most, and very few injuries of any kind as my players always have good condition.

The way I see it is that the players are far less likely to get hurt in the first place if they are fresh, so making subs is a good way to prevent injury.

Well as there's some discussion about subs I'll share my take on it.

If a player gets a knock (the whatevercolor cross) during first half I sub him during HT. But the general rule is 2 subs around 60mins, those being the lowest condition (if nothing really alarming otherwise) and the last one around 75mins (and again the lowest condition). During the second half the priority is on the knocked (with the cross) players, so even if there was a player with lower condition at 60min subtime the injured player would get subbed. And then the same for the 75min sub.

Not sure if that's the smartest way to do it but then again I've done it the same way as long as I can remember.. (FM 2010 mayhaps, or it could have been 2009 or 2006)..

-SnUrF

Would it be unreasonable to suggest that irl most subs are made for tactical reasons, rather than player tiredness?

It's not uncommon irl for mangers to throw on an attacking player or 2 if chasing a win, or chuck on defensive minded players if preserving a win.

As an FM player, very rarely is a sub used for tactical reasons, it's mostly because of perceived player tiredness.

Would it be unreasonable to suggest that irl most subs are made for tactical reasons, rather than player tiredness?

It's not uncommon irl for mangers to throw on an attacking player or 2 if chasing a win, or chuck on defensive minded players if preserving a win.

As an FM player, very rarely is a sub used for tactical reasons, it's mostly because of perceived player tiredness.

Certainly IRL some subs are tactically as you say throwing on an extra attacker or defender depending on if you are chasing or defending a lead. I wouldn't say most though, maybe say one out of the three I would estimate.

You also see a lot of like for like subs IRL as managers put fresh legs on, usually on the attacking side of the field.

Personally speaking I play very much like SnUrF described above although I do keep one eye on the tactical side maybe switching a more attacking MC for one who is more defensive for example.

Certainly IRL some subs are tactically as you say throwing on an extra attacker or defender depending on if you are chasing or defending a lead. I wouldn't say most though, maybe say one out of the three I would estimate.

You also see a lot of like for like subs IRL as managers put fresh legs on, usually on the attacking side of the field.

Personally speaking I play very much like SnUrF described above although I do keep one eye on the tactical side maybe switching a more attacking MC for one who is more defensive for example.

Wasn't Ozil subbed every game for Madrid because of tiredness?

I'm already 3 seasons without a keeper on the bench. In only 1 game out of 150+ did I regret this as my keeper fell out with an injury.

Just saying.

You have to sacrifice one of your most promising talented youngsters to prevent this happening. If you ignore this it will only be a matter of time before FM begins taking over the other electrical devices in your house and begins to really interfere with your life.

I regularly make 3 subs between the 50th and 65th minute and sometimes there is an injury but the majority of the time (probably talking greater than 90%) it's fine. However, by making sure your tactic is well balanced you can deal with an injury taking you down to 10 men quite easily.

Archived