FM15: Leeds United - Forza Leeds! The Managerial Merry-Go-Round

js150

So I'm yet to progress far in a 'proper' save. Partially due to my uncertainties over whether some ME issues have been solved - specifically crossing/wide play (as tactically this is a huge part of the early game decisions at Leeds and I don't want to be setting up under false pretenses); and to a lesser extend the amount of goals (although this bothers me less as it is all relative and equally distributed between user and AI) - and partially due to me just not being able to settle on how to attack this Leeds team.

So instead of any real game progress, I've collected some thoughts both of the tested in-game variety, and barely formed in my head three days ago without making it to paper flavour.

I'm set on trying to change the playing staff as little as possible. Though this does not mean I am against signing or selling. I also have no intention of sticking with our real life team to the point where I go the way of our real life managers!

Tactically it really does seem to come down to whether wingers are to be signed or not. Saying that, I did try and cobble together a shape that involved winger (singular rather than plural):

----------------GK(d)----------------

--WB(a)---CB(d)---CB(d)---FB(s)--

--WM(s)--------CM(s)---CM(d)------

-----------AM(s)---------------IF(a)--

-------------------ST(a)---------------

Now hopefully that makes some sort of sense. It's meant to be wonky, honest. I'll throw in a screenshot below (if someone could tell me how to get it in the post rather than linked I'd be most grateful):

http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Sechwa/media/Screenshot2014-11-07233549_zps9f38da8f.png.html

I wouldn't pay a huge amount of attention to the specific roles, they are to be tweaked as it goes along (especially to achieve the right balance of movement in the middle). But the positions and mentalities are probably close to what I would go with. The possible exception being ST and AM, mentality wise here could depend on the players available or how the blackboard translates to the field.

Basically it's a 451, with Adryan (AM) shifted up into his preferred role and Ezequiel (IF) - my personal favourite wing signing currently - allowed width, space and a higher position. The WM would be negotiable in both role and mentality.

I've tried it with a tight 3 (so I guess more akin to the 4312 - with a striker dropped deep and wide, AM shifted off centre slightly): link: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Sechwa/media/Screenshot2014-11-07234529_zps11579e40.png.html - (pay no attention to midfield roles). But this just feels wrong to me, a lot of space right and probably not enough in the middle.

And I've tried it with a DMC: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Sechwa/media/Screenshot2014-11-07234820_zps97c8cdc8.png.html - (again roles not really set). I actually quite like this one, but feel it might suit our squad less when rotation is needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thought that has been occupying my mind is positional partnerships. I'm going to avoid talking about the midfield for now, mostly because I'm pretty much leaning towards a trio in there and that's a bit different. I also haven't got my mind around it yet.

The first partnership is the pairing of ST/ST or ST/AM:

1) The things pulling me towards two strikers is that we have quite a few in the squad and some of the most common signings I've made thus far are strikers (Stracqualursi, Olsen, Adriano, Maierhofer, Onuachu etc.).

Obviously a pair of attack and support is usually favoured here, but it's the roles that interest me. We don't really have an out-and-out poacher (Sharp isn't, ironically, sharp enough for me) or real target man, so if sticking with the initial squad it's probably a case of deep-lying forward and advanced forward. Even in signing Stracqualursi I think I'd rather he wasn't a target man (he is, in my eyes, too well rounded to be stuck with that).

Another option being classic big man/little man. E.g. Adriano/Olsen in Target man/Poacher.

There is of course other options like trequartista and false-nine, but I'm satisfied to leave those alone in the two-up-front for now.

2) A striker and an AM probably fits our first 11 (in FM anyway) better, even if it does not the squad as a whole. My preferred choice in the initial squad would be Antenucci and Adryan.

Focusing on these two for a moment, I have used AF(a) and AP(s) predominantly, but recently I've been toying with the idea of F9 and T/SS. Adryan probably isn't the ideal shadow striker, but I reckon he's got enough about him to do it justice and trequartista may not pair that well with a false 9 if both decide to vacate the front at the same time. I actually used McCormack in the false 9 position most of FM14 and he did wonderfully, I'd be looking for Antenucci to recreate this. I think he can, but I could also just be mistaking his disheveled Italian beard for McCormack's Scottish ginger attempt...

In terms of signings this approach does limit options a bit more. I love Stracqualursi up front on his own, but that pretty much relegates every other striker in the team to the reserves. Shifting various new/old players to the wings also works, but I'm trying to sign wingers for that rather than strikers. My one exception being Dag Alexander Olsen, who I reckon could make a lovely IF(a) if used right.

This above point also raises the question of what to do with wingers/inside forwards (plural or, in my potential case, singular) when taking strikers into account. However, I lack the tactical knowledge of FM15 to delve too deeply into this just yet. It also points towards partnering wingers and fullbacks, but so far I'm happy to stick to one attacking one supporting/defending, whichever way around that may be.

The second partnership on my mind is that at the back:

1) DC and DC. Defend and Defend. Done and done. Pretty much my go to approach here, however with the (allegedly) over-powered crossing I'm wondering if there is another solution? I've dabbled with cover/stopper when at Arsenal (Koscielny/Mertesacker pretty much fill these roles in real life, and replicate it well in the game), but it's never worked elsewhere. Bellusci looks like a ball-playing centre back at first glance (and in real life), but he actually lacks quite a few key items for this. Not to mention how his Composure, Concentration and Decisions worry me.

Also, Pearce has a jumping attribute of 13, Bellusci 12, Del Fabro 10, and Cooper 11 (Wooton redeems himself with 16 but I'm not confident in him elsewhere). That's not great. I really don't think a centre back signing is needed when playing four at the back with Leeds, but maybe it is if you are losing out in the air, which I am.

2) Three at the back. Once more I've often opted for DC(d) x 3 here, but I wonder if a more sophisticated approach is required. Stopper-Cover-Stopper seems to make sense to me, especially with wingbacks bombing on, but it has actually brought little success in game for me. Once more this could be to do with wide play in the current ME. It could just as easily be nothing to do with that.

If playing three at the back I'd probably sign at least one additional DC. I'm not a big fan of Cooper or Wooton. Del Fabro has potential but, for me, isn't there yet. My first choice has been Reginiussen, 400k odd and 10k-15k wages. There's plenty of others, especially in Scandinavia.

Personally I lined up: Byram (WBa); Bellusci (Sd), Reginiussen (Cd), Pearce (Sd); White (WBa)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that's something close to what I've been thinking.

TL;DR: I want to make one winger, one striker, one AM and three CMs work. And work good.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I've finished my 2nd season (1st back in the Prem). Finished in 9th place, a lot higher than expected especially with the average defense I have. Makes me wonder how good this team can be with a better defense behind it. So pre season work has been to try sort the defense out:

In

CB - Éder Álvarez Balanta - Free Transfer

LB - Andrew Robertson - £10.5m

CB - Liam Moore - £9.5m

CB - Joe Gomez - £6m

LB - Regen - £550k

Out

Austin - Free Transfer

Cooper - Free Transfer

----------------Pacheco----------------

--------Moore---Gomez---Balanta--------

Byram-------------------------Robertson

------------Cook-------Alli------------

----------------Adryan-----------------

-----------Robert-----Gallagher--------

Silvestri | Del Fabro | Bellusci | Pearce | Berardi | Targett | Taylor | Bianchi | Mowatt | Bamford | Antenucci

Need to move on one of Bellusci or Pearce, rather Pearce tbh and also move on Talyor.

Could do with another CM and a replacement ST for Antenucci, along with in an ideal world another keeper, but moneys running low. Will probably try to pick up some cheaper younger players for these roles/backup.

I like the look of this, both now and when it was in The Championship.

Still quite tempted by a 352 myself, but feel I'd like one more midfielder involved due to our squad. I also frequently fail to resist bringing in one of the many very good and very cheap wingers mentioned in this thread.

Had a read of your thoughts in the tactics forum and I would be interested to hear about how you've developed this as it's gone along, and the thinking behind signings for the roles?

Cheers!

A few people seem to be looking for right backs. Personally I'm more than happy to go forwards with Byram (and Berardi when I'm not shoehorning him into left back). Would be very interested to know why others are deciding against him?

I've gone with Byram and Berard at right back too but I have brought in Cristian Manea as a future first teamer. At left back I do move on Warnock as his wages are disproportionately large for the wage budget that you have to work with. Here I've gone for Pierre Bengstsson and sometimes Jere Uronen. Both have expiring contracts and can be purchased at a very low price. Uronen can start straight away and has good future potential. Bengstsson is genuinely a decent Prem player and for £76k.

Just bought the game, I'm wondering what leagues do you guys have loaded? I'm currently trying to scout some of the players mentioned and the game gives no indication of those players. I'm currently using the recommended leagues with a large database. Also how have you guys managed to sign Pacheco? I've made a bid of 500k and Madrid want 22.5m for him?!?. Other than that I'm currently progressing with pre-season with 2 wins and 1 draw so far, trying to strengthen the midfield and defence up, so will have a look at the players mentioned.

Just bought the game, I'm wondering what leagues do you guys have loaded? I'm currently trying to scout some of the players mentioned and the game gives no indication of those players. I'm currently using the recommended leagues with a large database. Also how have you guys managed to sign Pacheco? I've made a bid of 500k and Madrid want 22.5m for him?!?. Other than that I'm currently progressing with pre-season with 2 wins and 1 draw so far, trying to strengthen the midfield and defence up, so will have a look at the players mentioned.

Plenty of prem quality players available for loan

I load:

League:

England to Sky League 1 - to obtain a feeder club, I don't want to loan players to Guiseley.

Advanced:

Large database.

Players from top division clubs Europe.

Players of national reputation South America

Players of nationality Brazil (to bring staff from Brazil in to game).

It appears that you cannot purchase Pacheco on 15.1.1. His transfer status has been changed on full game. Have a look at:

Andre Hansen.

Sebastian Sosa - gets w/p, highly recommended.

Hello all. Long time player and watcher of the blog but not much of a poster. Playing my Leeds save and deffo some big ME probs still. Had some up and down results, lost home 1-4 to Hudders and 0-5 to Derby. Went away then to Derby with 'revenge on their mind' and won 4-3 (no issue there) but then went to Hudders with 'revenge' again and won 10-2!! 7-2 up at half time and it was 6th v 5th. A great result but zero realism. Playing 5-2-1-2 WB with virtually the starting squad plus a couple of freebies/low fees. Needs a patch!

I like the look of this, both now and when it was in The Championship.

Still quite tempted by a 352 myself, but feel I'd like one more midfielder involved due to our squad. I also frequently fail to resist bringing in one of the many very good and very cheap wingers mentioned in this thread.

Had a read of your thoughts in the tactics forum and I would be interested to hear about how you've developed this as it's gone along, and the thinking behind signings for the roles?

Cheers!

There hasn't been much development of the tactic since I last posted it really, I've played with a Stopper/Cover/Stopper defensive 3 instead of 3 set to Defend but I'm not sure its of much benefit yet. Need to give it more time to see.

Apart from that there hasn't been much change, I still don't keep as much possession as I want to (is still always 50%+) so I'm going to try work on that a bit in the future. Pretty happy with the tactic apart from that at the moment though.

As for the players I've signed and the reasoning behind it, I like to build a team on a UK & Irish core and then throw in some exceptional foreign imports. I also like to sign young players and ones that I know and admire in real life (or ones that I think are going to be stars in the future in real life), this is the case with Alli, Roberts, Gallagher and Bamford.

I've made a couple more signings:

CM - Josh Sheehan - Free transfer

ST - Tony Watt - £7.5m

Josh Sheehan as he didn't cost much in wages, I needed another CM, he's young and has reasonable potential (although he won't ever be a starter and I think he'll be moved on in a season or so).

Also sold Jason Pearce for £6m to Fulham which is how I financed the Watt transfer. Tried to move on Antenucci and Taylor to no avail so their current in the u21s. Pretty happy with where the squads at, the only positions that's a problem now is GK if Pacheco gets injured:

----------------Pacheco----------------

Silvestri | Del Fabro | Bellusci | Berardi | Targett | Bianchi | Sheehan | Mowatt | Bamford | Watt

Hi, first post on here... Anyway I have been playing a 5-3-2 using wing backs and Adryan in AMC. Byram has been sensational as a CWB. So far I have setup:

GK - Sweeper Keeper (support) - distrbute to full backs

CB - all on Central Defender Defend with shorter passing - The 3 starters being Bellusci (right sided) Del Fabro (Central) and Pearce (left sided).

CB

CB

WBL (support) - using Stephen Warnock currently who is steady but Aiden White has been impressive. He seems more suited to getting forward more.

CWB (attack) - Byram, Berardi only plays in absolute emergencies.

CM (Defend) - Austin mainly but I dont think it matters which plays here

DLP (Support) - Usually Mowatt but I have experimented with Sloth/Bianchi.

AM - Having most trouble with this role - Adryan either plays too far forward or inline with CMs. I want him in the hole and floating around. I'm considering a change to AP (attack) with roaming etc

CF (support) - usually Antennuci. Hes been top class so far. 5 goals from 5 games and also getting about to create a couple

AF - Usually Billy Sharp. I also brought in Maynard (Cellino dug deep) but I kind of wish I hadn't got him in. He's still done okay though (I think Maynard has 3 goals of the top of my head).

This is usually using Counter as the base strategy (I tend to find that Counter holds possession more effectively). Then the main shouts are Pass shorter and Work ball into box. If I start to chase I either go Attacking or Control and lower the tempo to try and keep the ball better still.

I also experimented with the diamond but got battered outwide and the midfield didn't press as I had hoped.

Really I want to find a better role for Adryan to get the most of out of him. He's clearly got the ability but at the moment he just isn't influencing games.

Sorry if the post is a bit disjointed, I kept thinking of things to add!

1 post in 4 years - now two in a day! Decided that there must be something off kilter with the 'revenge' match talk. Having lost 3-0 at Brentford earlier in the season, we've just smashed them 6-0 at home having told them before the game to go for revenge. I thinks there's lots to do on the ME. Am 4th after 29 games, scored an impressive 69 but conceded a mammoth 52. Second worst in the league. Along with the 10-2 above and the 6-0 here, I've had some others like a 5-5 at home to Bolton a couple of 4-3's and 5-2's! Am enjoying this version (have played every single one since 92) but I think the ME just needs a tweak or two

Ah cheers for that!

I usually have Brazil/Argentina loaded to include all players with national reputation, reckon that would do it?

Pretty happy with Lindeman as assistant for now (provides 4* tactics and 5* fitness if you're lucky too), but will definitely look into the others. Rossi and dos Santos have been some of my go to guys on previous FMs, good to know I can bring them over to Leeds once more, especially as defence is an area I've struggled to find a decent coach in thus far.

Vardanyan could be a great shout with his Scandinavian knowledge, do love a cheap Norwegian centre back. Will check him out later.

Is there a decent Brazilian/South American scout available to Leeds early on? That often opens up a few doors in terms of players/staff. At higher levels I'd go to someone like Ceolin, but he understandably isn't interested just yet.

Thanks Nicko.

Not sure how far you've got in to the game Sebbo, but I've come across a scout you may be interested in:

Heinz Schilcher (JPA 15, JPP 15, adaptability 15). Nothing amazing there for you, but look at his knowledge :)

7 games in and I'm 2nd. Won the 1st 5 league games sitting top at the end of the month. After the international break lost to brum and Bournemouth away both 2-0.

Adryan hasn't got a better rating than 6.8 and I'm starting to wonder whether to leave him out but he seems to good to...

I'm still struggling against wide players because we're too narrow but generally play 3 at the back against 2 up front and 4 against 1. This means Austin (the only viable dm) should mop up the AM behind the striker. My advanced forward gets too isolated too so that's what I'm gonna look at next few games.

10 Games in 7 wins and 3 draws sitting top of the league!

Playing this formation:

Team_zps6c1f1fe2.png

And the stand out signing has to be this guy:

MiroslavStae_zps0d78604a.png

If you can sign him do! Top scorer in the league at the minute playing on the right wing as an inside forward. And as shown his value has gone upto 7 million for a free signing!

Also Amelia in goals has been doing amazingly, the pre match interviews are now when do you think he is going to get beaten next? Shame that Silvestri just doesnt cut it as I like him.

10 Games in 7 wins and 3 draws sitting top of the league!

Playing this formation:

Team_zps6c1f1fe2.png

And the stand out signing has to be this guy:

MiroslavStae_zps0d78604a.png

If you can sign him do! Top scorer in the league at the minute playing on the right wing as an inside forward. And as shown his value has gone upto 7 million for a free signing!

Also Amelia in goals has been doing amazingly, the pre match interviews are now when do you think he is going to get beaten next? Shame that Silvestri just doesnt cut it as I like him.

Wow, he's been quality for you mate! Usual question, what other tactics you running with that formation?

Just an update - in response to Blaggo's post regarding leagues - I've added the German/Italian and Spanish top division leagues but I've set up the knowledge base similar to yours so thanks. Currently sitting in 6th place in the league, after a decent run of games. I've won 7 drawn 8 and only lost 2. I'm happy with how the team play with both 5-3-2 and 4-2-3-1 formations. My biggest concern at the minute happens to be my defence, we leak really dismal goals in the dying minutes. I've had plenty of games where we've been 2 goals up and the team switch off and concede. Other than that I've had no major issues.

Hansen and Thirn have been revelations in the league and I'm fairly sure we'd be lower down without them. currently 10 points off Norwich who sit atop of the league, interestingly Huddersfield are 3rd, only 3 points between us but I'm hoping in the run up to Christmas that changes. Do any of you have any tips for tightening the defence? I'm trying to use defensive training as a focus but I'm wondering is there anything I can do with each player? maybe have the tight harder or something? x

Wow, he's been quality for you mate! Usual question, what other tactics you running with that formation?

Yeah that was the base tactic that I went with then changed a few things mainly the wingers, made the Left winger more risky passes and shoot less often so he is just really the set up guy. Then the Right inside forward where Stevanovic has been playing made him more attacking minded, took off his close down more often so there was no option for this selected and told him to shoot more often and also more risky passes so in essence he is going to be go to guy and will get most of the goals. The striker in essence is just a hold up forward who lays it off to the right he will get a fair few goals from crosses etc. but expect him to get a lot of assists.

I'm currently experimenting with the settings on the defensive midfielder as I feel that he is just a bit too much attack minded at the minute where I would kind of like him to sit and play the holding role, i.e. simple out ball to him if the midfielders are getting pressured, then have him in the perfect place to close down to try and stop any counters. The defenders are set up pretty spot on in my opinion.

Quick post to say Adama Traore is willing to join Leeds on loan from Barcelona. I offered him Key Player and AMR/AML in July and he's been brilliant. 17 strength, 18 pace, 17 acceleration, 18 dribbling, 16 flair and more.

He has the ability to win a game all on his own, especially early on when the team were still gelling and it often came down to individual performances before the team game I was trying to develop had had time to settle.

Had a brilliant season, ended up finishing 2nd behind Norwich 5 points adrift - Too many late goals conceded over than that I can't argue. Managed to reach the 6th round of the Fa Cup before losing to Chelsea 2 - 0. Coming up to June in the second season and I've signed Adryan, Del Fabro and Montengro on permanent transfers. I also have Victor Valdes and Micheal Essien coming on free Transfers which I'm pleased about - should hopefully shore up the team. I also have Perruzi and Ajer coming too. I'm looking at loaning out Del Fabro to see how he goes along, Same with Cook and Mowatt. I'm looking at a replacement for Warnock, however with the team I have at the minute I should be able to survive life in the premier league. If anyone can possibly suggest improvements on this line up I'd be happy.

GK: Valdes - At 33 I feel he should be able to play for atleast 2/3 years before making way.

WB - Byram - Looks solid enough

DC - Reginiussen - Solid Championship Player

DC - Bellusci - Premier league quality

DC - Pearce - Solid looking, could sell for 5m to bring someone else in

WB - Perruzi - Looks awesome

MC - Forsell - Should be a regular Starter until Ajer breaks through

MC - Essien - Still looks awesome

AMC - Adryan - Looks to be a world beater but we always knew that.

ST - Montengro - May swap for Sharp or find another player

ST - Atennucci - Hopefully should produce

Subs

GK - Hansen

DC - Cooper

MC - Thirn

MC - Slot

MC - Bianchi

ST - Doukkarra

Could do with an out and out striker, Looking if I can to bring in Tielmans to play alongside Essien but the board are being stingy for now.

Just started a save with my 2nd favorite english club.

I need a left wing-back. Any suggestions for a player with the budget available?

See post 103 above. I bought Bengtsson for £76k and sold him to Leicester for £2.7M & 20% of next sale in the January 2015 transfer window.

Evening and hello chaps. Struggling massively with this FM so far, while everyone else seems to be doing so well! Not sure if its tactics etc, but ive never seen as many offsides/penalties conceded and injuries on FM ever before. Conceded 3 penalties in 1 game.

Baffling

What are your tactics mate?, Which formation do you play?. I currently play a 4-2-3-1 for most teams, with a structured counter attacking play or 4-4-1 defensive with rigid when playing against higher opposition. Your manager shouts can and will invariably cause some of it. If you have a higher line, coupled alongside get stuck in and close down more, you're going to have issues when it comes to playing against teams who utilize speed and or long balls. Admittedly I do use those shouts myself however each player position will have instructions. For instance my two central mid fielders will look to stay in the pocket of space just ahead of the defence, with the more defensive minded dropping down to help out. The wing backs won't maraud forward for instance which means the flanks will be protected. If you want, end over a copy of your Tactics and I'll have a look at them.

What are your tactics mate?, Which formation do you play?. I currently play a 4-2-3-1 for most teams, with a structured counter attacking play or 4-4-1 defensive with rigid when playing against higher opposition. Your manager shouts can and will invariably cause some of it. If you have a higher line, coupled alongside get stuck in and close down more, you're going to have issues when it comes to playing against teams who utilize speed and or long balls. Admittedly I do use those shouts myself however each player position will have instructions. For instance my two central mid fielders will look to stay in the pocket of space just ahead of the defence, with the more defensive minded dropping down to help out. The wing backs won't maraud forward for instance which means the flanks will be protected. If you want, end over a copy of your Tactics and I'll have a look at them.

Cheers for reply bud, at work atm, but im gonna start afresh later and try fathom a tactic out. If im still struggling ill give you a shout. Cheers

Evening and hello chaps. Struggling massively with this FM so far, while everyone else seems to be doing so well! Not sure if its tactics etc, but ive never seen as many offsides/penalties conceded and injuries on FM ever before. Conceded 3 penalties in 1 game.

Baffling

I posted up my tactic up on the tactics forum detailing how I went about building it and the thoughts behind it:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/403447-FM15-Building-and-developing-a-3-5-2-5-3-2

It's a 3-5-2/5-3-2 as that is what fitted in with the players Leeds start out with. Should at least give you some insight into the reasons behind picking certain settings even if you don't use the tactic/same formation.

I posted up my tactic up on the tactics forum detailing how I went about building it and the thoughts behind it:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/403447-FM15-Building-and-developing-a-3-5-2-5-3-2

It's a 3-5-2/5-3-2 as that is what fitted in with the players Leeds start out with. Should at least give you some insight into the reasons behind picking certain settings even if you don't use the tactic/same formation.

Cheers will have a look

Well ive pretty much used the same tactics more or less because it seemed sensible. Mid table currently, top scorers in the league but leaking goals for fun. Feels like every time the action comes on the other team will score. Had a look at putting somebody else on the near post from corners has worked slightly (defending wise), but the opposition never seem to miss.

Well ive pretty much used the same tactics more or less because it seemed sensible. Mid table currently, top scorers in the league but leaking goals for fun. Feels like every time the action comes on the other team will score. Had a look at putting somebody else on the near post from corners has worked slightly (defending wise), but the opposition never seem to miss.

I've recently noticed I've been conceding a lot more goals than I was from corners before. Not sure if it's down to an update but I agree it's something that I need to work on with the tactic. If you are still leaking goals from elsewhere could be worthwhile making the RWB less attacking and play around with the CB a bit more.

Also the CM can sometimes not be defensive enough, could change them to different role to see if that helps. Make sure to still keep different duties on them though (support/defend/attack) to keep the movement there.

So an update of where I'm at. Last update I was coming up to the January transfer window in the 3rd season (2nd back in the Prem).

In the January window I signed Alex McCarthy for £6.25m, an improvement on Pacheco, fits in with the UK base and I've been a fan ever since he was on loan at Leeds IRL.

I ended up finishing in 6th place, securing a Europa League spot, again higher than expected.

In the summer transfer window I earmarked an improved 2nd LB as the most important improvement needed with Targett not living up to expected potential and C.Taylor not upto higher Premiership standard.

Wanting to stay UK based with the new LB/LWB again there weren't many ready made options so I ended up getting a young 18 year old in from Everton who looks to have a lot of potential. He already had stats to match both Targett and Taylor so will be an improvement. Only down side is I had to overpay a lot.......ready for this.......£16m he cost. But he has the potential to be a class act and as they say, you have to pay for young British talent.

Not many changes apart from that, a few players out on loan and a couple of young regens signed up for the u18s and u21s.

Another thing to note is a young RB regen that has come through the Leeds youth ranks. He's 17 at the moment but I'll be getting rid of Berardi and using him as my 2nd RB/RWB from now on, looks like he will surpass Byram.

Team as it looks:

---------------McCarthy----------------

Pacheco | Del Fabro | Bellusci | Heald (RB/RWB regen Leeds Youth) | Hill (LB/LWB regen from Everton) | Bianchi | Sheehan | Mowatt | Bamford | Watt

I don't understand this game, I wish I knew how to to upload video clips on to here. just so crap this game sometimes, bit of a scramble but for a good few seconds the ball was in between Hansens legs, he could have had a w**k, then made a cup of tea and drank it, then cleared it or picked it up, but no, instead he just leaves it for their man to score to beat us 3-2 at home.

I can't fathom out how to beat this game, started again 5 times so far with a different tactic each time and it starts so promising then just completely shafts you. Rotherham for instance, haven't won a game ALL Season (11 games), up step Leeds Like real life really and we get beat 1-0

Sorry for the rant, just annoys the hell out of me when others seem to do alright with ALL of these tactics but on my game they all seem to be a big steaming pile of turd complete with flies flying around it.

I was musing earlier why this thread was so quiet, and came to one of two conclusions.

1. Everyone is so immersed in their saves that they haven't got time to post (not me).

2. Everyone is struggling to get any sort of consistency and is generally baffled and a bit mad (me).

Geesus, me and you brother..

I ended up going up through the playoffs first season (after various restarts and tinkering with tactics). Now in Feb second season, just left the relegation zone on goal difference for the first time this season after a massive relegation 6 pointer against Bournemouth.

Tried to shore the defence up last summer the best i could, but struggled massively to find a decent striker, which hurt me until Jan.

Oh and Byram doing his knee ligaments the day before the opening day of the Prem season didnt help (9 months out) :(

Survival is key for me this season, I believe I have the makings of a half decent team with some good young prospects that will only get better!

I don't understand this game, I wish I knew how to to upload video clips on to here. just so crap this game sometimes, bit of a scramble but for a good few seconds the ball was in between Hansens legs, he could have had a w**k, then made a cup of tea and drank it, then cleared it or picked it up, but no, instead he just leaves it for their man to score to beat us 3-2 at home.

I can't fathom out how to beat this game, started again 5 times so far with a different tactic each time and it starts so promising then just completely shafts you. Rotherham for instance, haven't won a game ALL Season (11 games), up step Leeds Like real life really and we get beat 1-0

Sorry for the rant, just annoys the hell out of me when others seem to do alright with ALL of these tactics but on my game they all seem to be a big steaming pile of turd complete with flies flying around it.

Geesus, if you're prepared to import a tactic, I'd suggest that you look at the ChristianEriksen Beautiful Play tactic on FM Base. Due to Forum rules, I can't link it for you here. It is getting a massive amount of use and also seems to be a good testing ground for tactical tweeks and set plays. I've used it on 15.1.3 and, as of early January 2015, am unbeaten in the League. Keeping morale high with squad rotation and effective team talks are important, but that aside it is very effective.

Geesus, if you're prepared to import a tactic, I'd suggest that you look at the ChristianEriksen Beautiful Play tactic on FM Base. Due to Forum rules, I can't link it for you here. It is getting a massive amount of use and also seems to be a good testing ground for tactical tweeks and set plays. I've used it on 15.1.3 and, as of early January 2015, am unbeaten in the League. Keeping morale high with squad rotation and effective team talks are important, but that aside it is very effective.

I tried that and was promptly hammered left right and centre, weird. Good that you're doing well with it though. Which version are you using?

10 series Macca.

Cheers, I'll maybe give it one last shot then. Control / Press / Drop / Counter, you using them all? What did you use against Millwall & Watford specifically, I just get battered against them (well, Boro and Brighton too!)

Cheers, I'll maybe give it one last shot then. Control / Press / Drop / Counter, you using them all? What did you use against Millwall & Watford specifically, I just get battered against them (well, Boro and Brighton too!)[/quote

Home, start with control, move to press after 20 mins or so. If I get to 2/3 up revert to control to see out the game.

Away, start with counter, move to control. Use press if I'm chasing the game.

Regarding Millwall and the early games, I now use dead easy friendlies to get morale up. I don't play anyone that can beat the side in preseason. I also look to get the side familiar with the tactic, so I set general training to very high, schedule all the way to left, no rest & match prep to tactics. By doing this you will get injuries (back injuries, hernias etc), but if you don't get the familiarity up then you'll get beat anyway.

Time for a break. I lost this game 3-2, and I was 3-1 down with 92 mins on the clock.

I know this is a) tactical, b) my fault but I'm struggling to take the game seriously at the moment.

10xdj54.jpg

EDIT: This isn't an isolated incident, this happens frequently.

Stayed up on the last day of the 2nd season (anyone of 5 could of gone down).

Got Hansen in goal but not sure about hom so will be replacing in summer.

Any tips for centre halfs? Balanta already gone to PSG

For the GK spot, you should have look to Khune if he's still playing in South Africa you ll get him for peanuts, he s doing miracle for me so far in championship

For the CB spot, you should try to bring in Zambrano

Hope this help !

At Last,someone struggling like me lol.I look at some of the signings made in other posts and Cant get my head around them.Im in February of the first season and have had the sack looming twice already but just dug out a few results to save the day.Adryan is either poor,unfit or injured.Its impossible to get anyone in with just 40% available of transfers(Despite getting a decent chunk in for Belluschi and Silverstre) and a poor wage budget.Having said all this,I am enjoying it,I do like a struggle :-).

At Last,someone struggling like me lol.I look at some of the signings made in other posts and Cant get my head around them.Im in February of the first season and have had the sack looming twice already but just dug out a few results to save the day.Adryan is either poor,unfit or injured.Its impossible to get anyone in with just 40% available of transfers(Despite getting a decent chunk in for Belluschi and Silverstre) and a poor wage budget.Having said all this,I am enjoying it,I do like a struggle :-).
ra

use adyran as shadow striker. he has got like ;ole 10 goals plus for me in 19 games

Archived