FM15: Leeds United - Forza Leeds! The Managerial Merry-Go-Round

js150

Welshace can I ask what tactic you are using because I have a similar team and bought Rayos thanks to you putting him on, but he has been appalling for me, got knocked out of C1 cup as well by mighty Bury! I'm using that Dominate 1 this time, but I'm really struggling! compared to everyone else and I'd like to think I'm doing everything right regarding training, team talks etc?

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As mentioned I'm now in pre-season of the 19/20 season. The main aim was to bring in Raheem Sterling and then, if there was any money left, work on some other areas of the squad. Here's how it went:

-------------Transfers--------------

-----Transfers Out-----

Alex Mowatt - £9.5m

Adryan - £10m

Del Fabro - £6.75m

---£26.25m In---

-----Transfers In-----

Raheem Sterling - £35.5m

CB - (Brazilian Regen) 22 y/o - £27m

---£62.5m Out---

----------Best Starting 11----------

GK: Alex McCarthy

RCB: Joe Gomez

CM: Eder Balanta

LCB: Ricardo - (Brazilian Regen)

RWB: Sam Byram

LWB: Andrew Robertson

RCM: Nathaniel Chalobah

LCM: Ross Barkley

ACM: Raheem Sterling

RST: Patrick Roberts

LST: Divock Origi

-----------Rest of Squad------------

GK: Kevin Loft - (English Regen)

CB: Liam Moore

CB: Richard Connolly - (English Regen)

RWB: Dave Heald - (English Regen)

LWB: Dominic Hill - (English Regen)

CM: Lewis Cook

CM/AM: Deli Alli

CM/AM: Andy Bennett - (English Regen)

ST: Isaiah Brown

ST: Neil Akers - (English Regen)

------------------------------------

Before signing Ricardo CB 3 out of the 4 CB's were right footed. I now have Ricardo and Balanta who are Left footed and Gomez, Moore & Connolly who are Right footed, should give a better balance.

Here's Ricardo:

Ricardo-CB_zpsf754333c.jpg

Also here's Andy Bennett who I've got high hopes for, highest potential at the club. I need to improve his finishing though:

AndyBennett-AM_zpsa2d2fa00.jpg

Welshace can I ask what tactic you are using because I have a similar team and bought Rayos thanks to you putting him on, but he has been appalling for me, got knocked out of C1 cup as well by mighty Bury! I'm using that Dominate 1 this time, but I'm really struggling! compared to everyone else and I'd like to think I'm doing everything right regarding training, team talks etc?

Two tactics.. had to develop a new one as I was starting to get found out by January where I am now and wasn't dominating how I was early season..

442:

3dfa60f308a94b16cc83f43110936fe2.png

451:

04c166330b90980e5e812858fd46e199.png

Honestly, as long as the players match up with their roles, overall shape and formation doesn't really matter as much these days as much as team cohesion and tactical familiarity does.

Rayos is excelling almost every game for me as a winger, amc or as an inside forward .. same can be said with most players.. they are almost all interchangeable at this point.

Also.. just into the January window first season (yes, i'm slow) .. and just turned down an offer from Everton to be their new manager after they've found themselves in 17th place at this stage... shocking.

Was tempted, but honesly, i'd have been bored out of my teeth.. this Leeds side is almost completely my own making, with my own players and I couldn't ditch the project at this stage...

Consortium also failed to buy the club, which I'm happy with as it was led by Phil Gartside of all people... better the devil you know..

Welshace, cheers for the response, first time on since I asked due to work and xmas do! Can I ask what is your tactics mentality for both tactics, and I assume that with you saying about the roles, that you don't have any team instructions or player instructions?

Yeah, whatever Andre, I'd love to see what sort of cash you think you would have to pay :)

2ng8x9y.png

@ LeedsFan - No way would I be selling either of them, Byram is international class and Bellusci is just a beast, they'll both be with you for a long time.

Second highest valued player in the world (Behind the 28 yr old Neymar). Just look at those numbers for goals / assists. Still potentially 11 games left this season as well, if we make it to the CL Final.

24v5rhj.png

EDIT: Neymar has now dropped in value, the 5 most valuable players in the world, in order, are.

Nouri, Pogba, Neymar, Roberts & Romero (L)

Macca, when was this? How much did it cost, details Macca?! :)

Haha, got the news item early June 2021. It's a 61,772 capacity stadium with a retractable roof :)

Cost is £248m, which seems cheap, it'll take 2 years to build. £135m is a loan but the board say they have secured a £50m sponsorship investment.

I imagine my transfer budget will take a hit over the next couple of seasons, so I might move on a couple of the 28yr+ players who have hit peak value and search for some high potential regens. I haven't really spent much time scouting recently as this bunch are so good, I just couldn't bring myself to change anything.

In all fairness I can probably raise £100m+ by selling Adryan, Quintero & Romero. I'll only do it if I can replace them with top quality for half the price.

Haha, got the news item early June 2021. It's a 61,772 capacity stadium with a retractable roof :)

Cost is £248m, which seems cheap, it'll take 2 years to build. £135m is a loan but the board say they have secured a £50m sponsorship investment.

I imagine my transfer budget will take a hit over the next couple of seasons, so I might move on a couple of the 28yr+ players who have hit peak value and search for some high potential regens. I haven't really spent much time scouting recently as this bunch are so good, I just couldn't bring myself to change anything.

In all fairness I can probably raise £100m+ by selling Adryan, Quintero & Romero. I'll only do it if I can replace them with top quality for half the price.

Congratulations on the stadium Macca! I'd been wondering about whether to ask the board to buy ER or wait on building a new stadium, so your post was doubly interesting! It has helped me decide too, I want a new stadium!

I'm in January 2016 in my save and, fresh off a 9-1 demolition of Liverpool (I couldn't believe that the goals just kept going in), we're top of the Prem. We could be in danger of winning it.

Congratulations on the stadium Macca! I'd been wondering about whether to ask the board to buy ER or wait on building a new stadium, so your post was doubly interesting! It has helped me decide too, I want a new stadium!

I'm in January 2016 in my save and, fresh off a 9-1 demolition of Liverpool (I couldn't believe that the goals just kept going in), we're top of the Prem. We could be in danger of winning it.

I had asked them before and they rejected it, along with my request for youth upgrade. After that I just left them to it and they have pretty much taken care of everything without me asking.

That's some result against Liverpool. I might start a fresh save and try something new tactically, all of the wide players I bought are converted AMC's anyway, so I might try the old 5-3-2 and try and get it working. Good luck with the Prem mate, share your team, wouldn't mind a look!

Team for the up coming 19/20 season:

GK: Pacheco

CB: Gomez, Ginter, Ledesma (regen)

RWB: Soto (regen)

LWB: Stafylidis

CM: Alli, Somers (regen)

AMC: Odegaard

F9: Origi

ST: Jovic

Bench/Reserves

GK: Hansen

CB: Lopez, kovacevic (both regen), Costas

LWB: Daprela

RWB: Byram

CM: Kristicic, Giovanni (regen)

AMC: Roberts

ST: Morata, Zanini (regen on loan from juventus)

Hopefully I can consolidate my place in the top 4 and win a trophy!

Good luck Samwise. Quiet on here people, what's going on ?

Today was a sad day, I finally sold Adryan. The fans hate me (maybe that's a bit strong) and I feel sad, I would have loved to have kept him but he wasn't going to get a game, so with a heavy heart let him go to...Aberdeen..For £20m...That's another story, they had a tycoon takeover :)

On a brighter note I found a regen who I am ridiculously excited about (funnily enough he came through at Aberdeen), so excited this save is going to carry on just so I can see how he turns out.

o0rlht.png

Cheers macca, ended up finishing 4th, bowing out of the cl at the group stage after drawing real madrid, roma and benfica (bloody coefficients).

Made my way through the europa league beating Celtic, Marseille , Man City and Spurs in the final, Patrik Roberts with an 87th min winner!

Chelsea unstoppable losing 1 game all season.

Had 2 options for budgets, challenge or win the title. Went for challenge which gave me 10 million plus 1.4 wages. Sold Pacheco for 25 to Wolfsburg and brought in Timo Horn for 7.5 which not only improved me slightly in the GK position but also added 17.5 to my budget. Ended up spending 10 on a regen LWB as this is the weakest part of my squad.

Hoping my regens at CB really kick on this season as ive got no problems with Jovic and Origi bagging the goals!

How far has everyone got? Had any problems with Cellino?

Just seen this on skysports.......crazy mo-fo!! ""But we don't give money to the manager to spend. I manage this club. I'll work with my coach, we'll work together because the way in England is not my way to work. If you give the manager that responsibility and then change the manager, you have to change all the players and that's very wrong.

"For continuity the decision (to buy players) should come from the board and the chairman, not from the manager."The manager is part of the chain of the organisation. I don't trust my manager with these things."

So, I'm gonna give this a shot, then. Will follow-up with a report if the save goes anywhere interesting. Just as likely I lose interest and you never hear from me again. But who knows! Hopefully, Massimo Knows.

PJDLtgb.png

It's sort of disappointing so far. Not my results, they're good despite a few injuries. But the board has been eminently reasonable and even signed Chris Eagles! They must read the forums.

They definitely don't pay attention to the wage budget, though, and their signings impact my Confidence. Silly.

It might get real interesting when you get promoted...

Good luck Samwise. Quiet on here people, what's going on ?

Today was a sad day, I finally sold Adryan. The fans hate me (maybe that's a bit strong) and I feel sad, I would have loved to have kept him but he wasn't going to get a game, so with a heavy heart let him go to...Aberdeen..For £20m...That's another story, they had a tycoon takeover :)

I had the same with Adryan, he was a fans favorite and had just won Fans Player of the year but his stats just weren't where they needed to be going forward. Sold him to Newcastle for £10m which was about half his value in game but I though was about his true value. The fans hated it though.

I had the same with Adryan, he was a fans favorite and had just won Fans Player of the year but his stats just weren't where they needed to be going forward. Sold him to Newcastle for £10m which was about half his value in game but I though was about his true value. The fans hated it though.

He was a club icon for me, and to be fair he never had a bad game. His attributes we're very good indeed and he could play just about any role CM / AMC / AMR. Were it not for the fact he was 27 and I have some world class players who can play in his position, he would have played a lot more.

Just a quick question gents. Whats people general rule when playing big prem sides away from home? (Chelsea, Scum, Man City, Arsenal). Even though ive got a good side im mostly up against it.

Do people switch to a counter mentality? Or keep on normal tactics?

I'm starting (in my new save) to play almost exclusively with counter. I've found changing philosophy can change the intent of your team as much as changing mentality. I can't really help you much more, nut I would look at what has brought you success against all other teams and maybe look at change in philosophy, coupled with tweaking a few roles (maybe a more defense minded midfielder, more cautious full backs, supporting wide men to track back.)

On another note, I'm keeping my long term save bubbling on in the background, but have started a new save as I want to try get a 5 at the back / wing back approach to work.

I'm also being very selective when it comes to transfers, and trying to apply some things that I learnt from my longer save (searching for regens earlier and trying to get some different players in).

The boldest decisions I've come up with so far are retraining Adryan to be a striker, and re-training Mowatt to be my left wing back (I actually think he'll be really good here, time will tell). Cook will be used more in this save as he kind of drifted out of my reckoning previously, I'm going to try and eek every last bit of potential out of him.

I'm starting (in my new save) to play almost exclusively with counter. I've found changing philosophy can change the intent of your team as much as changing mentality. I can't really help you much more, nut I would look at what has brought you success against all other teams and maybe look at change in philosophy, coupled with tweaking a few roles (maybe a more defense minded midfielder, more cautious full backs, supporting wide men to track back.)

On another note, I'm keeping my long term save bubbling on in the background, but have started a new save as I want to try get a 5 at the back / wing back approach to work.

I'm also being very selective when it comes to transfers, and trying to apply some things that I learnt from my longer save (searching for regens earlier and trying to get some different players in).

The boldest decisions I've come up with so far are retraining Adryan to be a striker, and re-training Mowatt to be my left wing back (I actually think he'll be really good here, time will tell). Cook will be used more in this save as he kind of drifted out of my reckoning previously, I'm going to try and eek every last bit of potential out of him.

Great idea, wish I had done that 1st time round. I feel I'm to far on and to attached to the current team I've built to start over.

Great idea, wish I had done that 1st time round. I feel I'm to far on and to attached to the current team I've built to start over.

I know what you mean, I'm keeping going with mine as there's loads to look forward to, I'll just move between the 2, when I get bored of one, I'll move to the other one. I'm going to try and sync them so one transfer windows open up just as I'm getting bored with the other :)

I know what you mean, I'm keeping going with mine as there's loads to look forward to, I'll just move between the 2, when I get bored of one, I'll move to the other one. I'm going to try and sync them so one transfer windows open up just as I'm getting bored with the other :)

Another good idea to keep two saves interesting :)

I'm trying to stick with the 1 save this year, I usually get to the 6-7 year mark (usually coinciding with the January update) and start over. This year I want to try make this save going into the decades.

Another good idea to keep two saves interesting :)

I'm trying to stick with the 1 save this year, I usually get to the 6-7 year mark (usually coinciding with the January update) and start over. This year I want to try make this save going into the decades.

What I really want to see is whether I sign the same players, and if I do, how they develop & perform differently in 2 very different systems. Hopefully I'll resist the temptation and get different players in (although I have already signed Vallejo, as he is the perfect BPD for my middle CB).

I'm getting near the point where Cook needs to be moved on. But looking at his stats I think he could be retrained to be a really good option at RWB. So I'm going to give that a go as macca has done with mowatt.

Finished my first season. Ended up 14th.

Never really got settled on a set formation. Started with a narrow diamond but kept getting destroyed down the wings. I like playing with a DM so had a spell playing 4141 and shoehorning Adryan in as a central midfielder and also tried out a 41221 with wide attacking midfielders, 433 and 4411.

I started with transfer budgets disabled as well so the only player I brought in before the season started was Jesse Lingard on loan. Couldnt bring in any free transfers as I didnt have any money to pay agent fees.

In January managed to sell Berardi to Charlton, he had been awful in the few games he played and wasnt happy about not playing much. Also sold Doukara to Brentford. Brought in Shala on a free.

How did you all manage to get the £2 million to sign Adryan on a permanent deal from?

Also at the end of the season I was never asked when I wanted pre season to start and non of the players went on holiday they just trained all summer which has made a lot of them unhappy as they think pre season started too early!!

One positive from the first season was the progression of the younger players. Mowatt got fans player of the year, Cook got a lot of game time, Vann looked good in the few games he played, Walters got some games in the second half of the season and scored a few goals including a hat trick in a win over Reading and had a coupleof decent prospects come through the youth intake already. A young goalkeeper called Webb played the last 3 games of the season as both Silvestri and Taylor hadnt impressed me and he did a good job and i now reserve keeper at 16 and Garba a 16 year old AM/striker became the clubs oungest ever goalscorer.

Starting the second season now and I think ive settles on playing 4411 (although Adryan wouldnt come back for another season on loan) and have made quite a few changes to the playing staff

Out

Silvestri - Liverpool 500k, i guess they thought he was better than Brad Jones as back up

Sloth - Wolves 700k, i'd rather give Cook, Dawson and Purver game time so he was surplus to requirements. Strangely got in my team of the season despite only playing 8 games.

Bianchi - Catania 2.5 million - Needed the money to strengthen others areas and have Cook to step up

Pearce - Reading 1.4 million - Made 8 mistakes leading to goals last season so needed replacing

Bellusci - Swansea 5 million - Did ok last season but couldnt turn down the money

Tonge, Norris, Morrison, Hunt and a few more didnt have their contracts renewed.

Ins

Lewis - Blackpool Free - Already looks a massive improvement in goal

Garbutt - Everton Free - Ex Leeds youngster will add competition at left back were Warnocks performances dropped off after he'd signed a new contract last season.

Lingaard - Man Utd Loan - Extended for a second season

Del Fabro - Loan - Extended for a second season

Jenkinson - Arsenal Loan - First choice centre back and cover at full back

Zelalem - Arsenal Loan - Adryans poorer replacement

Sanogo - Arsenal Loan - Hopefully will fire the goals to push us up the table

Miguel Torres - Malaga Loan - Will provide cover in both full back positions.

Pugh - Bournmouth 650k - right sided midfielder, will be first choice be default as there isnt another in the club

Pearce - Reading Free - I believe ive got the better side of the deal with a swap of the Pearce centre backs.

Faurlin - QPR Free - add some experience into my young midfield

Arsenal as a parent club has come in handy, trying to also bring in Gnabry from them but he isnt interested at the minute

That leaves the squad for the second season looking like this and we do have around 3 million still to spend if we need to

GK - Lewis/Webb (regen)

RB - Byram/Torres/Jenkinson

CB - Pearce/Del Fabro

CB - Jenkinson/Vann/Wooton

LB - Torres/Garbutt/Taylor

RM - Pugh/Byram

CM - Austin/Faurlin

CM - Cook/Murphy/Dawson

LM - Mowatt/Shala

AM - Lingaard/Zelalem

ST - Sanogo/Antenucci/Sharp

Made a steady start to the season so far, a good 2-0 home win over Blackburn then a 1-1 draw away at Millwall when we battered them. I think automatic promotion will be a struggle as Southampton and West Ham came down and both have so far managed to keep there squads together, im aiming for a play off place though.

Season 2014/15 : Finished the first season as WINNERS with 119 points.

Championship Played 46 won 35 Drew 8 and lost 2.

Runners-up in league cup. Lost the final to West ham 1-0 and Semi final in FA cup lost 6-2 to Spurs.

I have 2 tactics. Home is an attacking 4-1-3-2 with the midfielders outside still slightly narrow due to the smallest possible Pitch. Away is a controlling.4-1-3- 2 but middle three close together.

My team at the end of the season is:

Gk Lovre Kalinic / Silvestri/ Taylor/ Atkinson

RB Byram / Berardi

LB Warnock / White / taylor

CB Bellusci / Cooper

CB pearce /

DM Wout Brame / Jospip Radosevic (loan) / Austin

CM Tonge/ Murphy/ Cook/ Dawson / Norris/ Bianci

Rm Tonge/ Norris

Lm White / Taylor

FWD Antenucci / Stracualrsi.

Stk Doukara/ Sharp

After the third game: Adryan wanted to terminate loan so had to do so.

Sold Mowatt and others for 11.25 million quid. Most coming from Mowatt but some from Morrison, Hunt, Sloth and Wooton.

Bought: Kalinic for 350000 and got Stracqualasi and Brama on frees. Radosevic who has been awesome is on loan.

The squad isn't particularly strong so I played narrow all the time and very fluid so they assist each other. top scorer in division is Doukara wit 28 and most mom's goes to Michael Tonge (yes I cant believe it either) with 8.

On the whole a successful first season. But now for the big challenge - trying to form an EPL team with limited cash and wages.

I don't know how to post images etc. So hopefully the words here will make sense and give an indication of what I did.

Afternoon all, thought I'd post an update on Mr Udoji, my regen find. He chose England over Scotland.

I wish I had screenshotted the page when he was labelled "the next Paul Gascoigne", I nearly wet myself when I saw that :D

And here he is, a season and a half in. Just made his England debut and in the process became Englands youngest goalscorer.

jrqycw.png

Afternoon all, thought I'd post an update on Mr Udoji, my regen find. He chose England over Scotland.

I wish I had screenshotted the page when he was labelled "the next Paul Gascoigne", I nearly wet myself when I saw that :D

And here he is, a season and a half in. Just made his England debut and in the process became Englands youngest goalscorer.

jrqycw.png

Looking good, Ive got a 17 year old who came through as "one of the best players of his generation" with potential to be a world class striker 2 years ago now. Developed well so far and thinking about putting him into my first team squad next season

Season 2014/15 : Finished the first season as WINNERS with 119 points.

Championship Played 46 won 35 Drew 8 and lost 2.

Runners-up in league cup. Lost the final to West ham 1-0 and Semi final in FA cup lost 6-2 to Spurs.

I have 2 tactics. Home is an attacking 4-1-3-2 with the midfielders outside still slightly narrow due to the smallest possible Pitch. Away is a controlling.4-1-3- 2 but middle three close together...

On the whole a successful first season. But now for the big challenge - trying to form an EPL team with limited cash and wages...

Great season that mate, it looks like whatever tactical solution you have found has served you well, some good signings and hopefully you'll be away.

Archived