FM15: Leeds United - Forza Leeds! The Managerial Merry-Go-Round

js150

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work soliderblue. I am playing as Leeds on my online game but can't seem to find any consistency in terms of results I have tried playing 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and none seem to work so after reading your posts maybe the way you have set up is the answer may I just ask what your team insteuctions are and do you have individual player instructions aswell if u don't mind sharing ;)

Nice work soliderblue. I am playing as Leeds on my online game but can't seem to find any consistency in terms of results I have tried playing 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and none seem to work so after reading your posts maybe the way you have set up is the answer may I just ask what your team insteuctions are and do you have individual player instructions aswell if u don't mind sharing ;)

Hey I am actually now using a downloaded tactic - it has same sort of formation and style i used previously but is so much better than my own effort - i know it's not ideal but it's such a fine tactic. It's called extinction at home and euphoria away. Has worked wonders for me. But this season Iam currently 6th so iam not doing as well. But to be honest with the team i have i should not be even fdoing that well. So maybe download that tactic and see what you think.

SEASON 3 - 2016-17 EPL Runners up - FA CUP WINNERS.

The last few games in the season saw us climb table and finish runners up. Spurs were worthy winners of the EPL.

Players in

TRANSFERS..png

Players out : Fausto Rossi (january), Bianchi and Nicola Leali for decent money. Sharp, Doukara and Rossi for good money.

Massimo Expects :

MCEXPECTS.png

LEEDS ACHIEVE :

EPLTABLE.png

The transfer & wage budgets are obviously extremely tight on the 15.3 patch. Given the impending transfer ban from the January transfer window, I therefore took a very hard line approach to squad development. My aims were, to make initial initial improvement, create potential to sell in 12 months time and make some solid investment in high potential prospects for the future. It took some wheeling & dealing to pull the side together:

GK Alexander Dominguez (£60K, Liga De Quito), Taylor, Pascal Legat (free).

DR Byram, Matthias Zimmerman (£90K, BMG), Felix Passlack (£1M most over 48 months, Dortmund).

DL Ricardinho (free), Yassin Mohammed (free).

DC Bellusci, Gabriel Achilier (£375K, Emelec), Jesus Vallejo (£1.1M, Zaragoza), Yassin Mohammed.

DMC Adam Vass (£275K, MTK), Cook, Melkamu Taufer (£1M most over 48 months, Inter).

MC David Pavelka (£1.4M, Slovan Liberec), Marco Antonio (free), Bianchi, John Hou Saeter (£20K, Rosenborg).

AMR Bilal Ould-Chikh (£1M most over 48 months, Twente), Marco Antonio, Markus Braendsrod (free).

AML Ezequiel (free), Marco Antonio.

ST Antenucci, Federico Laurito (£170K, Catolica), Mosquito (free), Marco Ramkilde (free, AaB), David Faupala (free).

Signed also:

Humam Tariq (£300k) but as before you have to wait for his w/p. Luka Jovic (arrives 1.1.16), Jhon Arrango (approach to sign for about £5k at game start, fails w/p but possibly the bargain of the database?)

Outs:

Mowatt (£3.7M & 20% of next sale Spurs), Austin (£1.4M & 20% of next sale Brighton), Morison (£375K & 20% of next sale Bournemouth), White (£250K over 48 months Blackpool).

Loans:

Sylvestri (100 % wages & £210K monthly fee, Fulham), Berardi (100 % wages & £100K monthly fee, Ipswich), Doukara (100 % wages & 74K monthly fee, Brentford), Sloth (100 % wages & £40K monthly fee, Brondby), Sharp (60 % wages & £20K monthly fee, Charlton), Cooper (100 % wages, Birmingham), Wooton (90 % wages, Rotherham), Murphy (60 % wages, Wigan).

The Mowatt sale funded the investment in young players and the sale of Austin & Morison paid for Pavelka.

In terms of the players signed:

Dominguez is currently a lot better than Sylvestri and the £60K fee for a decent Premiership Goalkeeper is a bargain really. His Ecuadorian national squad team mate, Achilier, is better than Bellusci and a left-sided centre back 'to boot'. A £375K investment for future sale potential and of decent Premiership quality too. Ricardinho is good Championship quality and possibly the best free DL available at game start. Marco Antonio is of decent Premiership quality and very versatile. It takes a little while before he'll accept a contract offer but he is worth the wait. Ezequiel meanwhile remains available on a free too. Mosquito gets a w/p on appeal. Finally - Federico Laurito! He is not the FM 'god' of 09, but his attributes look a little improved to me on the 15.3 patch. He is the target man type ST we could do with IRL and he has some potential to improve. He is certainly worth the £170K investment.

Ryanhami I am at work. So can't look at my game. But I wouldn't even know where to find that figure. Will check finances when get back home. But I have also played 2 season since posting and have won the EPL and FA cup. But if can find the information you want I will post.

Nicko Blaggo you have an interesting approach to squad building here. Is it difficult for all those non-EU players to get work permits?

Dominguez & Achilier are Ecuduarian internationals and get w/ps at the initial application, Mosquito gets his on appeal. Ricardinho, Marco Antonio & Laurito have a second European nationality :)

Just got promoted in my first season. Currently July 11 2015 & I'm struggling to find either a striker or Centre half. I have £3.6m to spend so could be a bit more than that if I spread it over 48 months. Has anybody got any recomenations? Currently signed Will Hughes, Kranevitter, Paul Dummett & a guy from Portland who is a striker.

Worriedd my squad may be a little thin on the ground

Good to see some decent finds again Nicko... could you please give us a bit more of those brazilians names so it's easier to find them...

There are around 120 Ricardinho's![/quote

Thanks Welshace. I'm not near the game just now, but I'll look up Ricardinho's full name tomorrow and post the details. BTW, Laurito has gone from good Championship ST rating to good Premiership ST rating after a good run of games & goals. He's not the FM09 'must sign' player, but he'll do very nicely for just now. :)

Just got promoted in my first season. Currently July 11 2015 & I'm struggling to find either a striker or Centre half. I have £3.6m to spend so could be a bit more than that if I spread it over 48 months. Has anybody got any recomenations? Currently signed Will Hughes, Kranevitter, Paul Dummett & a guy from Portland who is a striker.

You can probably loan some young forwards... vutuov (spelling?) Bulgarian would be good choice... maybe try get some Italians from Inter or Juve reserves. I am not at my computer but if you look back on this page to my posts you'll see some attackers I got in first season in the premiership.

Antonio Vutov and Also Bonazzoli on loan ... Tomas Necid and Stracqualrsi on free transfer.

So 1st season the only transfers in I did was to sign up Adryan and Del Fabro permanently. I sold a few players and cancelled the loans of a couple that were unneeded/not good enough:

In

Adryan - £2.5m

Del Fabro - £750k

Out

Rudolph Austin - £1.8m

Tommaso Bianchi - £800k

Souleymane Doukara - £750k

Gaetano Berardi - £1.1m

Žan Benedicic - Loan Cancelled

Brian Montenegro - Loan Cancelled

I went up in 1st only losing 3 games and drawing 8 amassing a mammoth 113 points! A lot more than expected, I did have a good run with injury's and having the tactic that I had perfected in previous saves helped (slightly tweaked).

I played a 3-5-2 as follows:

------------------GK( D)------------------

---------CB (S)---CB ©---CB (S)---------

CWB(A)------------------------------WB (S)

-------------DLP(D)----APM(S)-------------

------------------TQ (A)------------------

-------------TM (S)----AF (A)-------------

The best starting 11 would be setup as:

-------------------Silvestri-----------------

--------Bellusci---Del Fabro---Bamba---------

Byram----------------------------------Taylor

-----------------Cook----Mowatt--------------

--------------------Adyran-------------------

-----------------Cani----Antenucci-----------

Bench/Backup of:

S.Taylor | Wootton | Cooper | White | Murphy | Sloth | Morison | Sharp

2nd Season

So I often like to build a team on a base of young talented UK & Irish National players to then sign foreign superstars in years down the line when the club is in a position to do so. I decided to do this again so bar making Adyran and Del Fabro permanent most of my signings are going to be UK & Irish Nationality.

In

Ben Garratt - £2.2m (Crewe GK 21 y/o)

Mason Holgate - £2.5m (Barnsley CB 18 y/o)

Matthew Clarke - £5.5m (Ipswich CB 18 y/o)

John Guidetti - Free

Luke Garbutt - £1.3m

Eric Dier - Season Long Loan

Jordan Ibe - Season Long Loan

Out

Stuart Taylor - Retired

Alex Cairns - Free

Zac Thompson - Free

Steve Morison - Free

Michael Tonge - Free

Scott Wootton - £100k

As is often the case you can end up overpaying for young English talent which pretty much happened with Matthew Clarke, his stats do look good in my save however (could be random as I think he's a negative PA) and he's a left sided CB which was high on my priority of signings as Cooper just isn't good enough.

I decided mid way through season 1 that I wanted to try play with 2 AM's and 1 ST rather than 1 AM and 2 ST's. I didn't have the players to do it then so left it till the start of this season to try. I went back to the drawing board with my tactic to try and improve the TI's and PI's here's what I've ended up with:

Mentality: Counter

Shape: Structured

---------CB (S)---BPD©---CB (S)---------

-------------DLP(D)----CM (S)-------------

-------------APM(S)----SS (A)-------------

------------------PC (A)------------------

TI's:

Retain Possession

Shorter Passing

Work Ball Into Box

Play Out Of Defense

Close Down More

PI's:

GK (D) - Pass it Shorter, Distribute To Centre Backs, Roll It Out

APM(S) - Move into Channels

SS (A) - Roam from Position

I'm only 3 games into using this tactic, it seems very tight at the back but we aren't scoring as many as I would like so still needs tweaking. I'm thinking I'll start with trying to change the Poacher to a more complete striking role for starters.

I've drawn games at Home to Newcastle, away to West Brom and Won Away at Wycome in the League Cup.

-----------------Silvestri----------------

--------Bellusci---Dier---Clarke----------

Byram------------------------------Garbutt

---------------Cook----Mowatt-------------

-------------Adyran----Ibe----------------

-----------------Guidetti-----------------

Bench/Backup of:

Garratt | Holgate | Del Fabro | Cooper | White | Taylor | Murphy | Sloth | Antenucci | Sharp

I do worry that the team may not be strong enough to stay up but I have confidence that I will make the tactic work to get the best out of them.

Good to see some decent finds again Nicko... could you please give us a bit more of those brazilians names so it's easier to find them...

There are around 120 Ricardinho's!

Ricardinho 29 yo DL at game start. Had a lengthy Spell at Malmo & has a Swedish second nationality as a result. He is of a decent Premiership quality.

Marco Antonio 29 yo MC at game start. Has a 'journeyman' type career across Brazil and has a second Italian nationality. He is also of decent Premiership quality and additionally is very versatile so a really good squad addition.

January 2015 update. Well, patch 15.3 is much more of a challenge and, as predicted by soldierblue, the January 2015 transfer window sees the club with a transfer ban.

Transfers in:

Despite the ban, and provided you 'incentivise' them so they immediately accept a contract offer, it is possible to agree future Summer transfer deals:

Zakaria Bakkali, AML PSV (always runs his contract down).

Nicola Leali, GK Juventus.

Denis Will Poha, DMC Stade Rennais.

15.3 seems to show fewer players coming out of contract and I have not got much in my shortlist for further Summer 'free' transfers. This Leeds save therefore really needs the generation of cash through sales in order to fund squad improvement. So with further ' wheeling & dealing' (see below) I had wage budget free to allow the recall of Murphy, Sloth & Cooper from loan. My plan will be to rotate them, give them games with a view to sale (along with most of the rest of the squad) on 1.6.15 when clubs get their budgets.

Transfers out:

As I mentioned above in my reply to Welshace, Laurito is quite a find. He lacks a little pace for the Premier League, but scores all day long in the Championship. He'd bagged 20 goals by November. Mosquito too seems to have decent potential to grow. So with their progression, I sold on Antenucci to Genoa for £2.8M (most over 48 months unfortunately). I also sold Berardi to Ipswich for £1.7M & 20% of next sale, Doukara to Brentford for £1.2M (again most over 48 months). Both had been out on loan at these respective clubs. I also sold Bianchi to Verona for £3.4M.

With these transfers the cash position of the club was much strengthened with a tidy £15M balance, so I asked the Board to improve the youth & training facilities.

As mentioned, I think the transfer budget will continue to be a challenge until further in to the game. My plan will therefore be to sell big in the Summer :)

I have no doubt that that team will stay up.

So 1st season the only transfers in I did was to sign up Adryan and Del Fabro permanently. I sold a few players and cancelled the loans of a couple that were unneeded/not good enough:

In

Adryan - £2.5m

Del Fabro - £750k

Out

Rudolph Austin - £1.8m

Tommaso Bianchi - £800k

Souleymane Doukara - £750k

Gaetano Berardi - £1.1m

Žan Benedicic - Loan Cancelled

Brian Montenegro - Loan Cancelled

I went up in 1st only losing 3 games and drawing 8 amassing a mammoth 113 points! A lot more than expected, I did have a good run with injury's and having the tactic that I had perfected in previous saves helped (slightly tweaked).

I played a 3-5-2 as follows:

---------CB (S)---CB ©---CB (S)---------

-------------DLP(D)----APM(S)-------------

------------------TQ (A)------------------

-------------TM (S)----AF (A)-------------

-------------------Silvestri-----------------

--------Bellusci---Del Fabro---Bamba---------

Byram----------------------------------Taylor

-----------------Cook----Mowatt--------------

--------------------Adyran-------------------

-----------------Cani----Antenucci-----------

Bench/Backup of:

S.Taylor | Wootton | Cooper | White | Murphy | Sloth | Morison | Sharp

2nd Season

So I often like to build a team on a base of young talented UK & Irish National players to then sign foreign superstars in years down the line when the club is in a position to do so. I decided to do this again so bar making Adyran and Del Fabro permanent most of my signings are going to be UK & Irish Nationality.

In

Ben Garratt - £2.2m (Crewe GK 21 y/o)

Mason Holgate - £2.5m (Barnsley CB 18 y/o)

Matthew Clarke - £5.5m (Ipswich CB 18 y/o)

John Guidetti - Free

Luke Garbutt - £1.3m

Eric Dier - Season Long Loan

Jordan Ibe - Season Long Loan

Out

Stuart Taylor - Retired

Alex Cairns - Free

Zac Thompson - Free

Steve Morison - Free

Michael Tonge - Free

Scott Wootton - £100k

As is often the case you can end up overpaying for young English talent which pretty much happened with Matthew Clarke, his stats do look good in my save however (could be random as I think he's a negative PA) and he's a left sided CB which was high on my priority of signings as Cooper just isn't good enough.

I decided mid way through season 1 that I wanted to try play with 2 AM's and 1 ST rather than 1 AM and 2 ST's. I didn't have the players to do it then so left it till the start of this season to try. I went back to the drawing board with my tactic to try and improve the TI's and PI's here's what I've ended up with:

Mentality: Counter

Shape: Structured

---------CB (S)---BPD©---CB (S)---------

-------------DLP(D)----CM (S)-------------

-------------APM(S)----SS (A)-------------

------------------PC (A)------------------

TI's:

Retain Possession

Shorter Passing

Work Ball Into Box

Play Out Of Defense

Close Down More

PI's:

GK (D) - Pass it Shorter, Distribute To Centre Backs, Roll It Out

APM(S) - Move into Channels

SS (A) - Roam from Position

I'm only 3 games into using this tactic, it seems very tight at the back but we aren't scoring as many as I would like so still needs tweaking. I'm thinking I'll start with trying to change the Poacher to a more complete striking role for starters.

I've drawn games at Home to Newcastle, away to West Brom and Won Away at Wycome in the League Cup.

-----------------Silvestri----------------

--------Bellusci---Dier---Clarke----------

---------------Cook----Mowatt-------------

-----------------Guidetti-----------------

Bench/Backup of:

Garratt | Holgate | Del Fabro | Cooper | White | Taylor | Murphy | Sloth | Antenucci | Sharp

I do worry that the team may not be strong enough to stay up but I have confidence that I will make the tactic work to get the best out of them.

your strategy seems a good one. But if you can't sell the likes of Murphy he can do a job in the first season in EPL. I was shocked that in my firsts season up ... how well players like Murphy did for me. in my game I am finding it difficult to vastly improve my midfield. Now season 2019/20 has started and Odegaard adn Wilshere are my main midfielders with Cook.

January 2015 update. Well, patch 15.3 is much more of a challenge and, as predicted by soldierblue, the January 2015 transfer window sees the club with a transfer ban.

Transfers in:

Despite the ban, and provided you 'incentivise' them so they immediately accept a contract offer, it is possible to agree future Summer transfer deals:

Zakaria Bakkali, AML PSV (always runs his contract down).

Nicola Leali, GK Juventus.

Denis Will Poha, DMC Stade Rennais.

15.3 seems to show fewer players coming out of contract and I have not got much in my shortlist for further Summer 'free' transfers. This Leeds save therefore really needs the generation of cash through sales in order to fund squad improvement. So with further ' wheeling & dealing' (see below) I had wage budget free to allow the recall of Murphy, Sloth & Cooper from loan. My plan will be to rotate them, give them games with a view to sale (along with most of the rest of the squad) on 1.6.15 when clubs get their budgets.

Transfers out:

As I mentioned above in my reply to Welshace, Laurito is quite a find. He lacks a little pace for the Premier League, but scores all day long in the Championship. He'd bagged 20 goals by November. Mosquito too seems to have decent potential to grow. So with their progression, I sold on Antenucci to Genoa for £2.8M (most over 48 months unfortunately). I also sold Berardi to Ipswich for £1.7M & 20% of next sale, Doukara to Brentford for £1.2M (again most over 48 months). Both had been out on loan at these respective clubs. I also sold Bianchi to Verona for £3.4M.

With these transfers the cash position of the club was much strengthened with a tidy £15M balance, so I asked the Board to improve the youth & training facilities.

As mentioned, I think the transfer budget will continue to be a challenge until further in to the game. My plan will therefore be to sell big in the Summer :)

I was a bit worried with my striking options, Antenucci and Sharp aren't going to improve so decided to sell them on and get younger prospects in.

I got £1.55m for Antenucci and £800k for Sharp.

I've changed my formation to play with a False 9 upfront so searched using key stats and keeping the age below 24.

I signed Adam Campbell for £300k, he's currently out on loan till Christmas so will sign in January, think I got him very cheap, he may not be with me long term but I should at least be able to turn a profit for him.

I also found a player called Diego Falcinelli transfer listed for £300k, perfect backup to Guidetti for a bargain price. Fit's the False 9 Position perfectly, 24 years old and pretty cheap.

I also decided I should really be looking at a better 1st backup to Cook & Mowatt. I ended up signing a player who is probably, at the moment, better than both. Marcel Büchel was transfer listed for £700k at Inter, another 24 year old.

I'm thinking of starting a Leeds save, but with the restriction of bringing through the kids, like Redfearn has started to do. Can somebody tell me if the likes of Chris Dawson, Lewis Walters, Kalvin Phillips, Charlie Taylor, Lewis Cook, Alex Mowatt are good enough to reflect their real life potential in the latest patch?

Any other youngsters with good potential ? eg Lewis Coyle, Ross Killock?

I'm thinking of starting a Leeds save, but with the restriction of bringing through the kids, like Redfearn has started to do. Can somebody tell me if the likes of Chris Dawson, Lewis Walters, Kalvin Phillips, Charlie Taylor, Lewis Cook, Alex Mowatt are good enough to reflect their real life potential in the latest patch?

Any other youngsters with good potential ? eg Lewis Coyle, Ross Killock?

Most of the kids have variable PA, so it's slightly pot luck what you get. The best thing to do is to start a save and look at the potential stars, anything 4+ will mean they will be decent prem players at worst. You'll find Mowatt, Byram, Cook and Taylor will be consistently the best ones, and you'll maybe get 1 (2 if your lucky) others who can operate in a Prem squad.

So finished my 1st season back in the Prem, ended up in 6th. I put this down to my tactic more than the players as I think the players have overachieved there.

I signed Zach Clough for £6m in January who looks like he could become a England regular in the future. Think he has a negative PA so guess I've got luck with his PA being quite high.

Summer transfer work has been as follows:

Out

John Guidetti - £10m

Casper Sloth - £1.9m

Liam Cooper - £300k

Luke Murphy - Free

Aidan White - Free

Eric Dier - end of Loan

Jordan Ibe - end of Loan

In

Youri Tielemans - £13.5m

Jordan Ibe - £10m

Tyrone Mings - £10m

Ravel Morrison - £3m

Sam Johnstone - £600k

Lloyd Jones - Free

-----------------Johnstone----------------

--------Bellusci---Clarke---Mings---------

---------------Cook----Tielemans----------

------------------Clough------------------

Bench/Backup of:

Silvestri | Garratt | Holgate | Del Fabro | Lloyd | Taylor | Büchel | Mowatt | Morrison | Campbell | Falcinelli

Could do with selling Silvestri but pretty happy with the team as it is. The defensive is still very young and could be the undoing but I'm willing to wait for them to improve over time.

@js150 - Would you share your tactic mate.

I've started a new save, but will be using a different shape, however I'd like to try yours in my other (pre 15.3) save, as It would fit perfectly. Cheers.

EDIT: Just realised you've posted the PI & TI's so apologies.

Archived