FM15: Leeds United - Forza Leeds! The Managerial Merry-Go-Round

js150

Mowatt does well for me on the whole, cook has come in and done a job covering injuries and even grabbed a couple against Southampton in the League cup 4-1 win

Still finding a few annoyances such as facing a 23rd placed Sheff Wednesday with no wins all season, Sorry, Stevie May at home, 4-1 loss with May getting them all, I never say anything like 'this will be a walkover' to avoid complacency but 3-0 down after 25mins and you're like 'what the **** lads, I didn't realise Stevie May is the best player on the game? Beating Pearce in the air at corners too!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, will post a detailed review next week, but so far i m really enjoying that save !

After gaining promotion over Brentford on playoffs final !

Billy Sharp helped me out to go up, banging for fun as a poacher, winning the top Scorer award

I m currently sitting on a confortable 6th spot for my first season on the top Flight

Still in March though but i m trying to build a young competitive squad

Will update that asap !

So, dilemma coming up.

I want a new DMC for the long term, and I have 3 choices at the moment

Ajer - 4.5* potential (3 gold, 1.5 black)

Hou Sauter - 5* potential (4 gold, 1 black)

Benedecic - 5* potential (4 gold, 1 black)

What do we think? I'll have to buy a new, more experienced one when I get to Prem anyway, as I won't be renewing Austins contract (even though he's been excellent as an Anchor).

Thoughts? Do I buy either Ajer / Hou Sauter now, or stick with Benedecic (more expensive option), or is there someone else I should be keeping an eye on?

Cheers

just got sacked. no comments. useless players.

They really aren't useless my friend, many good players on the game this year. There's at least 5 that are premier league quality (Byram, Adryan, Murphy (surprisingly), Mowatt, Cook)

So, dilemma coming up.

What do we think? I'll have to buy a new, more experienced one when I get to Prem anyway, as I won't be renewing Austins contract (even though he's been excellent as an Anchor).

Thoughts? Do I buy either Ajer / Hou Sauter now, or stick with Benedecic (more expensive option), or is there someone else I should be keeping an eye on?

Cheers

You should go for Romero (Gaston), great player and not expensive around 4/5M, he will join you in championship aswell, that's what i did, won't regret it at all :)

ok so got proomoted first season. dont know who to get in prem

thinking al habsi for goalie' date=' kaeuka as a free from chelsea and danny wilson on a free. who else could i get please help[/quote']

Promoted after the 1st season as well , i signed Leali (GK), Necid(ST), De Ceglie (LB) but i won't recommend it , all freebies

Have a look to the loan market, good opportunities there

Hope this help

Hey Guys as i posted before, started over a game with Leeds this year after browsing this thread, because i remember games i've seen when there was Dacourt, Kewell, Harte and so many players of that era with the club playing Champions League and i want to bring them back there !

So i didn't know anyone in that squad when i started, and decided to make some obvious changes

SEASON 1

First of all, no quality wingers at all, so with the tight transfer budget and the players i got, i have to imagine a new way of playing football

As a result, i decided to improve my squad in that way, with a promotion budget

Leedstransfersseason1_zps25d4ebda.jpg

After a few try during pre season where i experienced, tactic with 2 wing backs, and one with a dmc, i opted for this one 4-3-1-2, even if quite unbalanced in defence that granted me during whole seasons tons of goals

So far the only disappointing move was Emeghara who scored like 15 goals but i never had the best of him, Romero, Khune and Seymour were superb, and most of all Sharp was immense as a poacher upfront, 26 goals in championship, that helps :)

Byram was also excellent, great assist man and can do the job in EPL as well

Good surprise in CoC as well, when we were kicked out in semi final gainst Everton, absolutely not expected and quite solid results (Loss 2/1 away and draw 2/2 Home after extra timme with a player sent off)

We had a good run in cups and could have so weird results in the league, while struggling to beat 1-0 Home Blackpool but on the other hand trashing the future 2nd in the league, Derby, Home and Away

So we went to the playoffs stage, where we get rid of Middlesbrough, that we alreday trashed twice this year, and Aitor didn't like me that much ;)

After an easy 2-0 win against Brentford on playoff final, i'm back in the top flight !

Derby and Norwich are with me, on the other hand Swansea, Sunderland and Burnley are down

Now serious business is coming up !

SEASON 2

Back to the top is a thing, remaining is the challenge !

After getting rid of all the deadwood i had, and let some contracts running out, my squad is really really short, with the tiny transfer budget allowed when you pick up "Avoid relegation" we'll have to do really smart moves !

The priorities were :

- Build up a more solid defence

-Get a striking force

And this is what i've done to improve the squad

Leedsseason2_zpsb046e545.jpg

Even if Balanta costed me a lot of my transfer budget, i just could'nt let him go away, he 's been solid and i will get in any case my investment back so a must sign

The story of Beletti, that young italian striker is an absolute joke, while moving my self on the freebies market, i really wanted to get Guidetti upfront, we discussed , agreed, but he eventually joined Brentford in championship (weird) so i have to search over for another striker to pair with my target man Kozak ( who performed nicely )

And this is what the young lad achieved for me for his first season in the prem (playing him as a complte forward)...

belotti_zpsaab270a3.jpg

Top scorer of the league ahead Balotelli (22) and Hernandez (21), not bad for that cost and a first year in the prem...

Disappointed by De Ceglie, injury prone and not consitent at all

The loan market was absolutely vital and the signings of Correa was brilliant, banging 10 during the season and great assist man

Haidara has been pretty solid and outplayed De Ceglie early in the season, great signing for me

De Guzman and Criestig were solid, but i need to improve that area of the squad for the next season

Ponce already showed me a lot of promises for the upcoming season as Vadalà did, i'm a little bit concerned about Murru who was not absolute safety

Romero is now the club captain,solid and professional, was unhappy during the whole season as he wanted a move to Man city, he has a 120M buyout clause and contract until 2019, so good luck guys !

At the end of the season he's now fine

I 'm glad the board gave me another 12M to spend in January, that allowed me to cash in on 3 hot prospect such as Ponce, Vadalà and Murru, this was a very nice boost to the team

As a result after a low start in the league, i had to tweak my tactic again to get better results and this is what we got in the end !

An incredible 7th spot, without my terrible run at the end of the season we could have done even better

Leaguetable_zpsfea61a33.jpg

Some great Results...

such as 2-0 win Home against Arsenal

Revenge of last season cup Knock out against Everton, as i beat them home 3-2 this time

Decent run in cup, but could not spend too much energy on it as my team was too tight

And some massive rape aswell...

Losing 6-3 at Anfield

Losing 2-6 Home aginst Chelsea after a 2-0 lead at half time, i sent my assist man on press conference after that, no self control at all

A thought for the fans aswell, losing both games aginst Man U, the 1-0 loss at home with a single shot on target from Man U was a really bad result as we outplayed them ...

Anyway let's move to the next season in order to be stronger against the top teams that outplayed me during my first season, squad improvement will be an issue as there are no freebies coming up, defence will be still the main concern as i'm conceeded far too much, i've been given 35.5 M for the transfer market, time to scout !

Will update that asap, enjoy your saves !

So, dilemma coming up.

Cheers

Macca, I agree about the Gaston Gil Romero recommendation. You can do a deal with Estudiantes largely on 48 month terms and, although his wage demands are expensive, he'll come easily enough. I have him in the Prem and, surrounded by a quality squad, he is still rated as a 'leading Premiership' player. I've also got both Ajer and Hou Sauter in my U21 squad and both have 3.5 gold with a further black potential up to 4.5. So, both are very good and also affordable options. I've never bought Benedecic because the buy out is not really affordable in the first season. Neither Sauter or Ajer look like being Prem starters, so unless you bring them on massively, you'll need to buy when you get to the Prem.

In terms of other options, re-start & download Odegaard from the Steam workshop. Offer £0 to Stromsgodset, agree terms and he comes in January 2015. Now rated as potentially world class :)

ok so got proomoted first season. dont know who to get in prem

thinking al habsi for goalie, kaeuka as a free from chelsea and danny wilson on a free. who else could i get please help

Carlos Fierro (sometimes) & Zakaria Bakkali (always) run their contracts down but may have been snapped up already. The following also seem to run their contracts down:

Ezequiel Rescaldani, ST.

John Guidetti, ST.

Leandro Parades, MC/AMC.

Frederik Sorensen, DC (remember him IRL?)

Tom Cleverley MC/AMC.

Guido Marilungo, ST.

Christian Fuchs, DL.

If you need to cover specific positions, please let me know. I'll also put up my Prem team a little later.

Hey Guys as i posted before, started over a game with Leeds this year after browsing this thread, because i remember games i've seen when there was Dacourt, Kewell, Harte and so many players of that era with the club playing Champions League and i want to bring them back there !

So i didn't know anyone in that squad when i started, and decided to make some obvious changes

SEASON 1

First of all, no quality wingers at all, so with the tight transfer budget and the players i got, i have to imagine a new way of playing football

As a result, i decided to improve my squad in that way, with a promotion budget

Leedstransfersseason1_zps25d4ebda.jpg

After a few try during pre season where i experienced, tactic with 2 wing backs, and one with a dmc, i opted for this one 4-3-1-2, even if quite unbalanced in defence that granted me during whole seasons tons of goals

So far the only disappointing move was Emeghara who scored like 15 goals but i never had the best of him, Romero, Khune and Seymour were superb, and most of all Sharp was immense as a poacher upfront, 26 goals in championship, that helps :)

Byram was also excellent, great assist man and can do the job in EPL as well

Good surprise in CoC as well, when we were kicked out in semi final gainst Everton, absolutely not expected and quite solid results (Loss 2/1 away and draw 2/2 Home after extra timme with a player sent off)

We had a good run in cups and could have so weird results in the league, while struggling to beat 1-0 Home Blackpool but on the other hand trashing the future 2nd in the league, Derby, Home and Away

So we went to the playoffs stage, where we get rid of Middlesbrough, that we alreday trashed twice this year, and Aitor didn't like me that much ;)

After an easy 2-0 win against Brentford on playoff final, i'm back in the top flight !

Derby and Norwich are with me, on the other hand Swansea, Sunderland and Burnley are down

Now serious business is coming up !

SEASON 2

Back to the top is a thing, remaining is the challenge !

After getting rid of all the deadwood i had, and let some contracts running out, my squad is really really short, with the tiny transfer budget allowed when you pick up "Avoid relegation" we'll have to do really smart moves !

The priorities were :

- Build up a more solid defence

-Get a striking force

And this is what i've done to improve the squad

Leedsseason2_zpsb046e545.jpg

Even if Balanta costed me a lot of my transfer budget, i just could'nt let him go away, he 's been solid and i will get in any case my investment back so a must sign

The story of Beletti, that young italian striker is an absolute joke, while moving my self on the freebies market, i really wanted to get Guidetti upfront, we discussed , agreed, but he eventually joined Brentford in championship (weird) so i have to search over for another striker to pair with my target man Kozak ( who performed nicely )

And this is what the young lad achieved for me for his first season in the prem (playing him as a complte forward)...

belotti_zpsaab270a3.jpg

Top scorer of the league ahead Balotelli (22) and Hernandez (21), not bad for that cost and a first year in the prem...

Disappointed by De Ceglie, injury prone and not consitent at all

The loan market was absolutely vital and the signings of Correa was brilliant, banging 10 during the season and great assist man

Haidara has been pretty solid and outplayed De Ceglie early in the season, great signing for me

De Guzman and Criestig were solid, but i need to improve that area of the squad for the next season

Ponce already showed me a lot of promises for the upcoming season as Vadalà did, i'm a little bit concerned about Murru who was not absolute safety

Romero is now the club captain,solid and professional, was unhappy during the whole season as he wanted a move to Man city, he has a 120M buyout clause and contract until 2019, so good luck guys !

At the end of the season he's now fine

I 'm glad the board gave me another 12M to spend in January, that allowed me to cash in on 3 hot prospect such as Ponce, Vadalà and Murru, this was a very nice boost to the team

As a result after a low start in the league, i had to tweak my tactic again to get better results and this is what we got in the end !

An incredible 7th spot, without my terrible run at the end of the season we could have done even better

Leaguetable_zpsfea61a33.jpg

Some great Results...

such as 2-0 win Home against Arsenal

Revenge of last season cup Knock out against Everton, as i beat them home 3-2 this time

Decent run in cup, but could not spend too much energy on it as my team was too tight

And some massive rape aswell...

Losing 6-3 at Anfield

Losing 2-6 Home aginst Chelsea after a 2-0 lead at half time, i sent my assist man on press conference after that, no self control at all

A thought for the fans aswell, losing both games aginst Man U, the 1-0 loss at home with a single shot on target from Man U was a really bad result as we outplayed them ...

Anyway let's move to the next season in order to be stronger against the top teams that outplayed me during my first season, squad improvement will be an issue as there are no freebies coming up, defence will be still the main concern as i'm conceeded far too much, i've been given 35.5 M for the transfer market, time to scout !

Will update that asap, enjoy your saves !

Really good update that. Belotti is still at Palermo in my save, it appears that they have an option to make his loan permanent.

Here is my Prem squad for the 2015/16 season. Any questions on prices and contracts please ask.

GK Nicola Leali, Fernando Pacheco.

DR Mayke, Gino Peruzzi.

DL Nicolas Tagliafico, Salva Ruiz.

DC Frederik Sorensen, Eder Alvarez Balanta, Jesus Vallejo, Emanuel Mammana.

DMC Matias Kranevitter, Gaston Gil Romero, Lucas Romero.

MC Gaston Gil Romero, Lucas Romero, Leandro Parades, Martin Odegaard.

AMR Pione Sisto, Andija Zivkovic.

AML Dudu, Zacaria Bakkali, Humam Tariq. Still can't loan out Savitskiy, believe he may get w/p at end of season.

ST Carlos Fierro, Ezequiel Rescaldani, Lucas Boye.

It is a tidy enough team and wages are manageable. Balanta's wages and fees are much less demanding before the new Prem season starts.

At game start I sold Mowatt to Spurs for £5.25M and used the cash to fill out the U21's with Christian Manea, Melkamu Taufer, Saeter, Vaclav Cerny, Odegaard & Federico Bonazzoli. All can be bought on reasonable terms at game start.

I've just finished my 4th season, here's how I ended up:

Premiership: 6th

Europa League: Knocked out at the 2nd round by AC Milan

FA Cup: Knocked out at the last 16 by Liverpool

League Cup: Won, Final against Tottenham.

I signed Barkley in the January transfer window for £20m along with a young CB regen and selling Bellusci and Bianchi.

I'm coming up to the 1st game of the season in my 5th season. I decided, with the work I had been doing to the rest of my squad over the past couple of season, that my strikers were now the weak link. So that's where most of my effort was going to go to improve.

I was given £750k wage budget and a £29m transfer budget. Here's what I did:

Transfers Out:

Charlie Taylor - £1m

Matthew Targett - £100k

Josh Sheehan - £500k

Tony Watt - £6.5m

Patrick Bamford - £9.25m

Sam Gallagher - £17.5m

£34.85m in

Transfers In:

Nathaniel Chalobah - Free Transfer

19 Year Old ST Regen - £3.2m

Isaiah Brown - £17.5m

Divock Origi - £40m

£60.7m out

I decided to fully gut my Striking options (except Roberts) and start over, as their ability and future potential wasn't enough for where I was aiming.

Origi had joined Barcelona last season but was unhappy having hardly played. He cost a lot but he's still only 23 and looks a class above already. I've wanted Isaiah Brown since I 1st saw him in game, he's still only 21 and still has a lot of potential to improve.

So that leaves me with:

---------------McCarthy----------------

--------Moore---Gomez---Balanta--------

Byram-------------------------Robertson

---------Chalobah------Barkley---------

----------------Adryan-----------------

-----------Robert------Origi-----------

Pacheco | Del Fabro | 18 y/o CB Regen | Heald (RB/RWB regen Leeds Youth) | Hill (LB/LWB regen from Everton) | Cook | Alli | Mowatt | Brown | 19 y/o ST Regen

Hoping to challenge for the Europa League and a Champions League spot this year.

Here is my Prem squad for the 2015/16 season. Any questions on prices and contracts please ask.

DR Mayke, Gino Peruzzi.

AML Dudu, Zacaria Bakkali, Humam Tariq. Still can't loan out Savitskiy, believe he may get w/p at end of season.

It is a tidy enough team and wages are manageable. Balanta's wages and fees are much less demanding before the new Prem season starts.

At game start I sold Mowatt to Spurs for £5.25M and used the cash to fill out the U21's with Christian Manea, Melkamu Taufer, Saeter, Vaclav Cerny, Odegaard & Federico Bonazzoli. All can be bought on reasonable terms at game start.

Wow nice team so far !

How do you get Lucas Romero ? I chased him for the whole championship season, and eventually made a bid during my 1st transfer market and won't join me either, don't know if it's because i started with the lowest qualifications as coach but he's now at Atletico, so won't get him...

Same thing for Bonazzoli, i offered him a key player contract at the start of the game with tons of bonuses, but he chooses Barcelona instead :(

I kept Mowatt, which is developping quite well and now an english regular u21 player valued 8M

I missed Sorensen when he was free from Juve , he decided to go to Verona...

Lucas Boyé doesn't worth it in my save, he's still in Argentina and doesn't develop that well

Congrats, your midfield is really really competitive !

I started the game when Odegaard wasn't in the database, but too lazy to start again

Wow nice team so far !

How do you get Lucas Romero ? I chased him for the whole championship season, and eventually made a bid during my 1st transfer market and won't join me either, don't know if it's because i started with the lowest qualifications as coach but he's now at Atletico, so won't get him...

Same thing for Bonazzoli, i offered him a key player contract at the start of the game with tons of bonuses, but he chooses Barcelona instead :(

I kept Mowatt, which is developping quite well and now an english regular u21 player valued 8M

I missed Sorensen when he was free from Juve , he decided to go to Verona...

Lucas Boyé doesn't worth it in my save, he's still in Argentina and doesn't develop that well

Congrats, your midfield is really really competitive !

I started the game when Odegaard wasn't in the database, but too lazy to start again

Romero can be tricky to land, I locked his agents' fee at the max I could offer (you can't meet what he really wants) and then negotiated. He usually comes for about £15-16k/week.

With Bonazzoli negotiate until he accepts, then offer 50% of next sale. He'll come for that.

SEASON 3

Just finished my 2nd summer transfer windows in the prem and here is what it looks like

Season2intheprem_zps3c932c78.jpg

Had to cash in on Tielemans because of his buyout clause...but i'm not disappointed so far !

Balanta has a new partner at centre back, and the lad is pretty solid ,Sviatchenko that already knew from past fm is still a beast, surprised Everton let him go for that little money

I 'm already done with a few games so far

My defence is NOW good, i'm not conceeding as much as last year, for the moment

So far we 're sitting on the 7th spot after 8 games with 4 wins,1 draw and 3 loss, conceed 6 goals so far

Hop that we will improve that !

Macca, I agree about the Gaston Gil Romero recommendation. You can do a deal with Estudiantes largely on 48 month terms and, although his wage demands are expensive, he'll come easily enough. I have him in the Prem and, surrounded by a quality squad, he is still rated as a 'leading Premiership' player. I've also got both Ajer and Hou Sauter in my U21 squad and both have 3.5 gold with a further black potential up to 4.5. So, both are very good and also affordable options. I've never bought Benedecic because the buy out is not really affordable in the first season. Neither Sauter or Ajer look like being Prem starters, so unless you bring them on massively, you'll need to buy when you get to the Prem.

In terms of other options, re-start & download Odegaard from the Steam workshop. Offer £0 to Stromsgodset, agree terms and he comes in January 2015. Now rated as potentially world class :)

I play FMC, so sadly no Odegaard until SI do an official update in Jan.

I'm going to wait I think, I'm in Jan first season now and am clear at the top of the league, so don't need to spend any money. Benedecic looks good, but you're right Nicko, he'll take a lot of effort to get where I need him to be, and the DMC position is so important, it makes more sense to buy established I think.

Aim for the rest of the season is to get promoted, then have a bit of a squad clean. Primary targets for 1st Prem season will be

1. Top class CB

2. New DM

If I can stretch / get some deals done i'll also look at

1. Top class striker

2. Top (world) class midfielder

3. Top class winger

Wow, very jealous of you getting Tielemans! He went to Dortmund in my save before I even had a chance to get him.

Thanks mate, but that buyout clause was the "surprise" that i didn't want to see, i bid for him as soon as i got the cash ready from the board after my first season and surprisingly, no one was chasing him

For the next season i'm already aiming at Coman from Juve for my trequartista spot, as he's rotting in u20 squad but rejected so far to move on loan even if Juve agreed the terms, that's gonna be a tough signing !

I play FMC, so sadly no Odegaard until SI do an official update in Jan.

I'm going to wait I think, I'm in Jan first season now and am clear at the top of the league, so don't need to spend any money. Benedecic looks good, but you're right Nicko, he'll take a lot of effort to get where I need him to be, and the DMC position is so important, it makes more sense to buy established I think.

Aim for the rest of the season is to get promoted, then have a bit of a squad clean. Primary targets for 1st Prem season will be

1. Top class CB

2. New DM

If I can stretch / get some deals done i'll also look at

1. Top class striker

2. Top (world) class midfielder

3. Top class winger

Macca, I've learnt a couple of things that maybe helpful. Firstly, player wage demands go up massively on 25th June when you've in the Prem, so when you've got promoted and you get the initial budgets try to buy your targets then. Even if your targets are not keen, they'll still come for less than later. For example, Balanta's loyalty bonus and agent fee are massive and maybe unachievable from 25th June. Secondly, if you're having a clear out, then do it on 1st June as clubs have just got their budgets.

Macca, I've learnt a couple of things that maybe helpful. Firstly, player wage demands go up massively on 25th June when you've in the Prem, so when you've got promoted and you get the initial budgets try to buy your targets then. Even if your targets are not keen, they'll still come for less than later. For example, Balanta's loyalty bonus and agent fee are massive and maybe unachievable from 25th June. Secondly, if you're having a clear out, then do it on 1st June as clubs have just got their budgets.

Good stuff mate, I should hopefully get close to that tonight, I've started to get the hang of it now ( kiss of death ) and am closer to understanding what to tweak and when.

Will post later with how I finish. Cheers

DR Mayke, Gino Peruzzi.

Not even one British player? :thdn:

:lol:

Update...

Won the league fairly easy in the end, although we fell apart a bit at the end, struggling to get the win that would crown us champions.

Also had a good run in the Carling cup, beaten by Chelsea in the Semi final, 2-1 on aggregate.

Star players...

Mowatt - 7 goals and 15 assists, at an avg rating of 7.65

Forsell - 14 goals and 8 assists, at an avg rating of 7.61

Murphy - 10 goals and 4 assists, at an avg rating of 7.55

Cook - 8 goals and 5 assists in only 20 games, at an avg rating of 7.44

Shala - 3 goals and 9 assists in a season ruined by injury, only played 15 games at an avg rating of 7.31

Goals were shared around which is nice, Antenucci and Sharp getting 12 & 15 respectively

So, onto season 1 back in Prem, I'm now in intense scouting mode and could do with some help...

I've achieved 1 of my objectives, which was to get a world class CB, Balanta is in.

Transfers in so far...

Balanta - Yeah baby...

Dier - Loan from Spurs

Adryan - Now a natural AMR and can just about play any role

Del Fabro

Steele - Free from Boro, looks good and I wanted him having missed out on FM14

McManaman - £2m from Wigan, wages reasonable as well at £20k per week, will rotate in different roles with Adryan

Guidetti - Not the world class striker I was hoping for, but better than anything else for free

Outs

Murphy - £5m - Was absolutely outstanding last season, but Cook made his breakthrough towards the end (Cook got a hattrick in the last game of the season) so wanted to cash in

Pearce - £4m - Was good last years and his attributes look good, but again cashing in

So I still need a Left Back and a DM. I have next to no money left (trying to sell a couple but having no luck).

EDIT: I should point out I haven't ignored the advice about Romero (Gaston) just cant afford him!

Macca, look at Matias Kranevitter at River plate for a DM.

Just about to start 4th season. Finished 8th last year in prem, got £27 mill and 780k wages this summer, hoping for possible top 6. Brough origi in from liverpool on loan, and he looks like a monster so far in pre season!

Aye, looked at Kranevitter, couldn't afford him :)

Well, I went back for Ajer, on the basis that he's young, could develop and I just needed a body in there who can play DM and cover for Bianchi. Kind of regret losing Austin now!

Left back was a better solution, got Bertrand in on loan for the season. Not the greatest but should be solid enough for this year.

Aye, looked at Kranevitter, couldn't afford him :)

Well, I went back for Ajer, on the basis that he's young, could develop and I just needed a body in there who can play DM and cover for Bianchi. Kind of regret losing Austin now!

Left back was a better solution, got Bertrand in on loan for the season. Not the greatest but should be solid enough for this year.

I signed Ajer as well, he hasnt developed as of yet, unless im doing something wrong. Kranevitter is 20 million money now just before 4th season. picked up an 18 year old regen from Anderlecht for 12 million quid, straight into midfield as the best midfielder at the club. happy days

Update...

Won the league fairly easy in the end, although we fell apart a bit at the end, struggling to get the win that would crown us champions.

Also had a good run in the Carling cup, beaten by Chelsea in the Semi final, 2-1 on aggregate.

Star players...

Mowatt - 7 goals and 15 assists, at an avg rating of 7.65

Forsell - 14 goals and 8 assists, at an avg rating of 7.61

Murphy - 10 goals and 4 assists, at an avg rating of 7.55

Cook - 8 goals and 5 assists in only 20 games, at an avg rating of 7.44

Shala - 3 goals and 9 assists in a season ruined by injury, only played 15 games at an avg rating of 7.31

Goals were shared around which is nice, Antenucci and Sharp getting 12 & 15 respectively

So, onto season 1 back in Prem, I'm now in intense scouting mode and could do with some help...

I've achieved 1 of my objectives, which was to get a world class CB, Balanta is in.

Transfers in so far...

Balanta - Yeah baby...

Dier - Loan from Spurs

Adryan - Now a natural AMR and can just about play any role

Del Fabro

Steele - Free from Boro, looks good and I wanted him having missed out on FM14

McManaman - £2m from Wigan, wages reasonable as well at £20k per week, will rotate in different roles with Adryan

Guidetti - Not the world class striker I was hoping for, but better than anything else for free

Outs

Murphy - £5m - Was absolutely outstanding last season, but Cook made his breakthrough towards the end (Cook got a hattrick in the last game of the season) so wanted to cash in

Pearce - £4m - Was good last years and his attributes look good, but again cashing in

So I still need a Left Back and a DM. I have next to no money left (trying to sell a couple but having no luck).

EDIT: I should point out I haven't ignored the advice about Romero (Gaston) just cant afford him!

Congratulations on your promotion Macca and well done on landing Balanta!

I see some of you Leeds players have endorsed Dag Alexander Olsen - how is he working for you, what level do you think he'll be useful at, etc? I'm playing in the Norwegian Premier Division at the moment(just finished second season) and have been considering getting him, but he just looks like he has too big weaknesses for where I'm trying to take the club(consistent qualification for the CL and challenging for advancement from group stage).

Would he be an option for a starting XI at that level? (without shaping the system completely after him, which I doubt would be worth the effort)

my team second season coming to a end need help starter followed by backup for each positon. going to finish 13th in prem 2nd season in 2015/2016

GK Al-habsi / silvestri

RWB Byran / berardi

LWD White / berardi warnock

CD Danny Wilson and Belluishi/Pearce

CDM Austin/Whooton

CM Cook Bianchi Mowatt Ruben Micheal Murphy Sloth

CAM Adyran /Geal Kaeuta

ST Antennuci Germain / Sharp doukara

doukara and murphy and warnock want out if they go who should ig et?

my team second season coming to a end need help starter followed by backup for each positon. going to finish 13th in prem 2nd season in 2015/2016

GK Al-habsi / silvestri

RWB Byran / berardi

LWD White / berardi warnock

CD Danny Wilson and Belluishi/Pearce

CDM Austin/Whooton

CM Cook Bianchi Mowatt Ruben Micheal Murphy Sloth

CAM Adyran /Geal Kaeuta

ST Antennuci Germain / Sharp doukara

doukara and murphy and warnock want out if they go who should ig et?

Nice performance as your team is still quite weak for this lvl i think

Have a look to Insua as Left full back, good premiership player and not that expensive

In the midfield, go for Romero

For the strikers, you have Belotti, Jovic, Fierro or either Ponce to look at

For the AMC spot , i would also recommend to have a look to Vadalà, immense player with great potential, Paredes should be on a free but even without a work permit, get it and then send him on loan, won't regret it

Cheers

Well, a proper rollercoaster season back in the Prem. Finished 8th and won the Carling Cup, but had some massive up's and downs.

Some great performances, mixed in with some proper spankings from the top teams, and plenty of dominating games but losing to set pieces. I struggled all season to stop conceding goals, then bizarrely kept 4 clean sheets in my last 6 games.

Player wise, star performer was Adryan, finishing as my top scorer from the right wing, playing as IF(s) with 12 goals and 11 assists. Mowatt is developing superbly, and have knocked 3 bids back from Arsenal for Byram. Guidetti was average really, 9 goals.

I also have to say that Forsell might be the best £40k I have ever spent in any FM game. He continues to be class, with 8 goals and 8 assists in only 19 games.

Balanta is just looking beastly, nothing more to say.

Really glad I got Ajer as well, he's developed brilliantly and now only need to work on his marking and aggression and he'll be like a mini Yaya.

I did consider whether to continue with the save or not, as I kind of felt I'd underachieved, some of the results left me scratching my head and I still don't think I've got to grips tactically.

I carried on (now well into pre-season) to see what I could come up with...

4sg08w.png

Pretty happy with that :). I'm actually most excited about Vallejo, I'm retraining him as a DMC and have given him the godly number 4 shirt. I think he could be magnificent.

Salah has gone to Palace for £5m. He got injured again last season, and when he did play he didn't really shine.

Some hard times on the horizon though. I negotiated hard with Mowatt for a new deal (he originally wanted £50k per week), but now Adryan and Cook are grumbling a bit, and I have no money left in the pot. I'll find it hard to hang onto everyone past January I think. Mourinho is sniffing around Balanta as well...

I won't post any stats from last seasons games, but the image below is from the first leg of the Euro League qualifiers, I don't think I have ever seen this!

35datg1.png

This is what I mean about struggling tactically, none of my players have PPMs for shooting from everywhere, and a couple even have "Shoot less often" as PI's.

Made me chuckle anyway, I'll have to work on that.

Looks like you've got the making of a great team there Macca. From my experience I'm sure Balanta & Roberts will go right to the top with you. Tielemans also although I haven't personally had him yet.

I think Tielemans has had MOM in every game so far, he's just an incredible midfielder. Always on the ball, great to watch actually.

To be honest I should have used the money to build more of a squad, we're so light in places and with the Euro cup we'll play loads of games, but I couldn't not sign him really.

Success this season will be to qualify for EL again...

Well, a proper rollercoaster season back in the Prem. Finished 8th and won the Carling Cup, but had some massive up's and downs.

Some great performances, mixed in with some proper spankings from the top teams, and plenty of dominating games but losing to set pieces. I struggled all season to stop conceding goals, then bizarrely kept 4 clean sheets in my last 6 games.

Player wise, star performer was Adryan, finishing as my top scorer from the right wing, playing as IF(s) with 12 goals and 11 assists. Mowatt is developing superbly, and have knocked 3 bids back from Arsenal for Byram. Guidetti was average really, 9 goals.

I also have to say that Forsell might be the best £40k I have ever spent in any FM game. He continues to be class, with 8 goals and 8 assists in only 19 games.

Balanta is just looking beastly, nothing more to say.

Really glad I got Ajer as well, he's developed brilliantly and now only need to work on his marking and aggression and he'll be like a mini Yaya.

I did consider whether to continue with the save or not, as I kind of felt I'd underachieved, some of the results left me scratching my head and I still don't think I've got to grips tactically.

I carried on (now well into pre-season) to see what I could come up with...

4sg08w.png

Pretty happy with that :). I'm actually most excited about Vallejo, I'm retraining him as a DMC and have given him the godly number 4 shirt. I think he could be magnificent.

Salah has gone to Palace for £5m. He got injured again last season, and when he did play he didn't really shine.

Some hard times on the horizon though. I negotiated hard with Mowatt for a new deal (he originally wanted £50k per week), but now Adryan and Cook are grumbling a bit, and I have no money left in the pot. I'll find it hard to hang onto everyone past January I think. Mourinho is sniffing around Balanta as well...

I won't post any stats from last seasons games, but the image below is from the first leg of the Euro League qualifiers, I don't think I have ever seen this!

35datg1.png

This is what I mean about struggling tactically, none of my players have PPMs for shooting from everywhere, and a couple even have "Shoot less often" as PI's.

Made me chuckle anyway, I'll have to work on that.

Macca, I'm a year behind you but bought Vallejo at game start. He develops incredibly well. At season end I'll pair him with Balanta too and cash in on Sorensen, big time :)

Vallejo looks brilliant, I bought him to play DMC as I couldn't get anyone else. Romero (G) wouldn't even entertain negotiating and Romero (L) went to Roma and is now being chased by PSG for 40-odd million.

Bellusci and Bianchi are still kicking around the squad as well, both worth north of £7m.

Either way Vallejo looks great :)

Vallejo looks brilliant, I bought him to play DMC as I couldn't get anyone else. Romero (G) wouldn't even entertain negotiating and Romero (L) went to Roma and is now being chased by PSG for 40-odd million.

Bellusci and Bianchi are still kicking around the squad as well, both worth north of £7m.

Either way Vallejo looks great :)

I'm having a bit of Tielemans too. In to November 2015 & my press interaction has paid off, "to play for a team like Leeds is what all players dream about.." :)

BTW, cheap back up DL for you. Dhurgham Ismail, yours for £40k, but you can probably get him cheaper.

I'm having a bit of Tielemans too. In to November 2015 & my press interaction has paid off, "to play for a team like Leeds is what all players dream about.." :)

BTW, cheap back up DL for you. Dhurgham Ismail, yours for £40k, but you can probably get him cheaper.

Tielemans is just unreal. So far in competitive games, 3 games, 3 assists, 3 MOM

I seriously considered starting over again to try get Tielemans, as mentioned he went to Dortmund after the 1st season on my save. I decided to stick with my save and will try to sign him in the future. Think he will cost me big big money to get though.

ok guys intomy third season i have Luka Jovic and Eder Balanta.

Can u guys suggest some more cheap sorta or young wonder kids i can get after 2016?

Hey mate

Have a look to Vadala (Boca) paid 4.7M

vadala2017_zps4b208e89.jpg

and Ponce (Newell's) 3.6M+bonus, both young full of potential, and cheap if they re still in their club

Ponce2017_zps4f5695b2.jpg

Archived