FM15: Leeds United - Forza Leeds! The Managerial Merry-Go-Round

js150

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice find that Macca.

This reminds me that I picked up two Scandinavians who are also running down their contracts:

Simon Thern, MC (£100k). He is better than all existing central midfielders at the club at game start. But you need to move quickly or he signs a new contract.

Oscar Lewicki, DMC/MC (£100k) 4* potential.

Added to Keko & Ezequiel, the following are also good free signings:

Denis Stracqualursi, ST, wants tidy £ but demands will drop slightly if you tell him he'll be a legend.

Leonel Galeano, DC.

Sotiris Ninis, AMC.

Fran Merida, AMC.

Houssine Kharja (straight Prem quality).

Innocent Emeghara, ST.

The following are also worth looking at:

Yassin Mohamed, DC. Arnaud Souquet, MC. Stefan Mihajlovic, ST.

Additionally, Landry N'Guemo, MC is Prem quality but doesn't want to come. Yet. :)

Some cracking finds there.

I must be getting soft, I looked at loads of players but sentiment just made me think I had to give the current squad a chance.

Montenegro has looked awesome for me, he got 5 goals in a single game in pre-season, and to be honest no one has really let me down. If we get promoted first season it'll be heartbreaking replacing them.

Adryan, Mowatt & Cook are the only positional re-training I've got, but I'm training roles all over the shop, just to see how some turn out. McDaid, Purver, Dawson & Benedecic are ones I'll be keeping an eye on.

Made some decent signings on my save.

George Green from Everton, Donis Acdijaj (17 wonderkid striker) both on loan

Bought a dirt cheap youngster John Hou Sæter

Chris eagles on a free

That Donis fella looks immense, 16 finishing at 17 years old. He's a potential star.

Good finds Nicko

Also look at :

Rodrigo Possebon

Matthias Lepiller

Michael Chretien

Bandalovski

Miroslav Stefanovic

Ognjen Vranjes

Xavier Annunziata

Andreas Ottl

Jamie O'Hara

Manuel Ruz

Stefano Guberti

Ken Ilso

Petr Trapp

I've been looking at all of those as options..

Some cracking finds there.

I must be getting soft, I looked at loads of players but sentiment just made me think I had to give the current squad a chance.

Montenegro has looked awesome for me, he got 5 goals in a single game in pre-season, and to be honest no one has really let me down. If we get promoted first season it'll be heartbreaking replacing them.

Adryan, Mowatt & Cook are the only positional re-training I've got, but I'm training roles all over the shop, just to see how some turn out. McDaid, Purver, Dawson & Benedecic are ones I'll be keeping an eye on.

Thanks Macca, I've found a few more young players and I've listed them below.

Your tip on Forsell was a good one, £40K seems to be enough to land him. £40k! :)

Some good tips from evertonmarc there too. Saeter is also tipped in the Scandanavian thread, but it seems that you have to move straight away to land him at the bargain price as he signs a new contract. Likewise quick action is also required with Carlos Strandberg, ST with £300k it seems enough to sign him. I'm in late August 2014 in my save and, in looking to see where Strandberg had gone, I noticed the following had been picked up by big clubs:

David Faupala, 17 yo ST free.

Dino Halilovic, 16 yo AMC free. Alen's younger brother seems to have been bought with him by Barcelona for £325K but is now seemingly free?

Karlo Lulic, 18 yo MC/AMC was bought by Bayern for £70K.

All seem to have good potential to grow.

What are you making of the beta? Aside from the injuries (just had 5 injuries in one game where I finished with 9 men on the field), I'm loving it. I've always enjoyed the wheeling and dealing side, but I'm enjoying watching games now.

Good finds Nicko

Also look at :

Rodrigo Possebon

Matthias Lepiller

Michael Chretien

Bandalovski

Miroslav Stefanovic

Ognjen Vranjes

Xavier Annunziata

Andreas Ottl

Jamie O'Hara

Manuel Ruz

Stefano Guberti

Ken Ilso

Petr Trapp

I've been looking at all of those as options..

Chretien and Bandalovski the old FM faves - good finds!! Does Vranjes get a w/p? He looks particularly good :)

Thanks Macca, I've found a few more young players and I've listed them below. Your tip on Forsell was a good one, £40K seems to be enough to land him. £40k! :)Some good tips from evertonmarc there too. Saeter is also tipped in the Scandanavian thread, but it seems that you have to move straight away to land him at the bargain price as he signs a new contract. Likewise quick action is also required with Carlos Strandberg, ST with £300k it seems enough to sign him. I'm in late August 2014 in my save and, in looking to see where Strandberg had gone, I noticed the following had been picked up by big clubs:David Faupala, 17 yo ST free.Dino Halilovic, 16 yo AMC free. Alen's younger brother seems to have been bought with him by Barcelona for £325K but is now seemingly free?Karlo Lulic, 18 yo MC/AMC was bought by Bayern for £70K.All seem to have good potential to grow.What are you making of the beta? Aside from the injuries (just had 5 injuries in one game where I finished with 9 men on the field), I'm loving it. I've always enjoyed the wheeling and dealing side, but I'm enjoying watching games now.

The 3d is miles better, motion capture has made a huge difference.

I play FMC and the addition of the player training is brilliant, adds another dimension to the game and is something I will use a lot. I'm seeing some of the bugs / quirks so it's a little annoying conceding long ball goals, direct free kicks and the obvious goalkeeping issues, but on the whole I'm enjoying it massively.

Found a few more gems in my search for decent fullbacks and other positions that Leeds are lacking somewhat in...

Ergys Kace - DMC - bit of a bruiser, like him a lot, even though he's a bit lightweight.

Riccardo Fiamozzi - RB - Like for like replacement for Byram if you want to sell?

Ivan Mocinic - MC/DM - bit raw, but not bad once he gets back from injury

Tell you what though, struggling to find that one striker that's usually around to take me to the next level..

Only one close so far is this fella... not sure how buyable he is though tbh.. Russotto

All in all, I'm having a blast scouting in this edition :)

Thanks to the usual suspects for posting up players, great finds as always.

Can anybody post their first season squad? Despite all these great names to buy, I think our starting squad is actually fairly strong this year...

How far has everyone got? Had any problems with Cellino?

Just seen this on skysports.......crazy mo-fo!! ""But we don't give money to the manager to spend. I manage this club. I'll work with my coach, we'll work together because the way in England is not my way to work. If you give the manager that responsibility and then change the manager, you have to change all the players and that's very wrong.

"For continuity the decision (to buy players) should come from the board and the chairman, not from the manager."The manager is part of the chain of the organisation. I don't trust my manager with these things."

How far has everyone got? Had any problems with Cellino?

Just seen this on skysports.......crazy mo-fo!! ""But we don't give money to the manager to spend. I manage this club. I'll work with my coach, we'll work together because the way in England is not my way to work. If you give the manager that responsibility and then change the manager, you have to change all the players and that's very wrong.

"For continuity the decision (to buy players) should come from the board and the chairman, not from the manager."The manager is part of the chain of the organisation. I don't trust my manager with these things."

It sort of makes sense... It also sort of really doesn't. At least it's not boring!

Hey guys, didn't play much last year but back for this years installment! To be fair I don't fancy 5 at the back so looking for at least 3 wingers. who would be the best for the money?

I'm thinking a 4 5 1 again? or is it wise to set up an AMC to include Adryan?

So far I'm trying to sell: -

Tonge

Norris

Morrison

Hunt

Wootten

Warnock

loan out: -

Dawson

C.Taylor

trying to sign: -

Ziegler

Thern

Forsell

Hansen in Jan

anyone else in particular I should be looking to sign?

cheers for any help!

Hey guys, didn't play much last year but back for this years installment! To be fair I don't fancy 5 at the back so looking for at least 3 wingers. who would be the best for the money?

Tonge

Norris

Morrison

Hunt

Wootten

Warnock

Dawson

C.Taylor

Ziegler

Thern

Forsell

Hansen in Jan

cheers for any help!

Hello my old mate.

For your wingers, have a look at Keko, Ezequiel & Miroslav Stevanovic (gets w/p) all on frees.

Tonge

Norris

Morrison

Hunt

Wootten

Warnock

Dawson

C.Taylor

Ziegler

Thern

Forsell

Hansen in Jan

cheers for any help!

Chris Eagles is on a free at the start of the game, he's a decent championship winger.

Jack Grealish is available for loan from Villa - very good player

Thinking of beginning a career with Leeds when i purchase the game. Massive club with plenty of quality and some really good youngsters (Cook, Mowatt)

One thing i like to do is replicate their current formation/tactics IRL, Leeds under Redfearn currently go 4-1-2-1-2 (Diamond) correct? What player roles & team instructions would best replicate their current tactic? I'm thinking Full backs are vital to add the width which is needed in such a narrow formation so Wing Backs (A) or Complete Wing Backs are necessary other than that I'm interested in hearing other people's thoughts and ideas...

2 games away from the end of season 2 (1st back in the Premiership). Currently sitting in 11th, a lot higher than I expected to be.

I don't think there's going to be major surgery in the coming pre-season. The midfield and forwards are all young and improving, with the major work needed at CB and LWB:

----------------Pacheco----------------

-----Del Fabro---Bellusci---Pearce-----

Byram---------------------------Targett

------------Cook-------Alli------------

----------------Adryan-----------------

-----------Robert-----Gallagher--------

Silvestri | Cooper | Berardi | C.Taylor | Bianchi | Austin | Mowatt | Bamford | Antenucci

I've already got Balanta coming in on a free transfer, had to give him a pretty big contract to get him though.

Targett hasn't progressed as much as I hoped so I think I'll look to bring another LWB in and move one of either him or C.Taylor on.

I'm very impressed with how many of the squad you start with are up to the challenge of the Prem. Especially the potential and improvement of Cook, Mowatt, Adryan & Byram.

Cheers for the tips guys. Ill try some out when i get home.

I've tried the 3-5-2 first 2 friendlies which was very good in the 2 games. But i started signing wingers such as shala, forsell and stevanovic. So i tried a 4-5-1 and got maulled 4-1 at home against vitesse albeit we went down to 10 with bellusci the culprit. So i have set up a 4-1-2-2-1. With short passing on all outfield players. Is this the right thing to do or should i leave it unchecked on some players? Also it is set on standard and structured etc.

Gk Silvestri Defend - roll out ball to rb

Dr byram/berardi - complete wingback - attack - pass it shorter - close down more.

Drc bellusci/del fabro - central defender - pass it shorter

Dlc pearce/cooper as above

Dl ziegler/white - wingback attack - pass it shorter - close down more

Dm austin/murphy - anchor man defend - pass it shorter - close down more

Rcm bianchi/sloth - deep lying playmaker cause they like it deep. Defend, Pass it shorter - close down more.

Lcm mowatt/cook - box to box support - pass it shorter - close down more

Amr stevanovic/retraining adryan - winger - support - pass it shorter - close down more

Aml - shala/forsell - same as above

St - antenucci/sharp/montenegro - complete forward - pass it shorter - close it down more

Am i doing right or is there anything i can change?

Enjoyed following this thread last year and thought this time around I'd get involved.

Holding off on starting a serious Leeds save until the weekend and the full game, but I've had a couple of goes of varying length ranging from 2/3 days of pre-season, to getting into November. So far most my thoughts have been occupied by how to set up the team tactically. In very broad strokes, it seems the two options are either a narrow or 3 DC / 2 WB formation, or going about signing a bunch of wingers. I've had more success with the latter thus far.

So a quick run-down of the shapes I've trialed and their respective personnel:

(Note - Amelia has been signed in each. Unfortunately Silvestri seems a little underrated, which is a huge shame as he's looked rather good in reality. Amelia is probably my preferred short-term option at this moment)

352:

- - - - - - - - - - - Amelia - - - - - - - - - -

- - - Bellusci - Reginiussen - Pearce - - -

- Byram - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - White -

- - - - - - Mowatt - - - - - Austin - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - Adryan - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - Stracqualursi - Antenucci - - - - -

Notes -

Mowatt is first choice due to the fact I'd like him to develop. Bianchi covers Mowat, Cook covers both Mowatt and Austin (getting as much game time as possible), Benedicic covers Austin.

Sloth covers for Adryan, as well as providing a different option deeper if needed.

Sharp is Antenucci's cover/rotation. Montenegro and Doukara used rarely, usually if a different attacking approach is needed.

Cooper/Wooton/Del Fabro CB cover.

Looked into signing a LWB, but White does a decent job and it's the one position I'm yet to have much success with in the transfer market. Retraining Berardi to cover both WBs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4231:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Amelia - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - Byram - - Bellusci - - Pearce - - Berardi - -

- - - - - - - Mowatt - - - - - Austin - - - - - - - -

- - - De Lanlay - - - Adryan - - - Ezequiel - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - Antenucci - - - - - - - - - -

--> Becomes 41221 with Austin dropped into DMC and Mowatt partnering Adryan/Sloth in the middle when a more conservative approach is needed.

Notes -

Similar cover deeper as above. Cooper/Del Fabro/Wooton cover DC, with one likely sold/loaned.

Berardi favoured over White/Warnock/a new signing; I actually really quite rate him as a defend/support fullback and none of the DL/LWBs out there impress me enough to spend on them over him.

Antenucci probably just preferred over Sharp, although rotation on form is really the way I went.

Signed De Lanlay and Ezequiel on this forum's recommendations, El Ghanassy as rotation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4312:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Amelia - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - Byram - - Bellusci - - Pearce - - Berardi - -

- - - - - Mowatt - - - Austin - - - Bianchi - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Adryan - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - Stracqualursi - - Antenucci - - - - - -

--> Often became 41212 with Austin dropping into DMC when needed tactically.

Notes -

Same cover in defence as above.

Cook getting as much game time as possible, usually in Bianchi's place. Sloth often used deep for a more attacking approach.

Same cover/rotation up front as in 352.

Individual tactics:

I've not included roles due to these changing frequently as I experimented with different approaches.

Notable points would be:

Adryan advanced playmaker over trequartista (based on performances);

Byram as WB (a), Berardi FB (s/d) in the back four formations. Both WBs on attack in back three;

Centre backs all on CB (d) regardless of formation. Experimented with stopper - cover - stopper in back three, but it didn't work (possibly due to known bugs with crosses etc., but wouldn't rely on this excuse);

Austin seemed to work best as a BWM (d) regardless of formation, although in some shapes this role was detrimental to the rest of the team;

The changes tried to central midfield roles were far too frequent to name. All with varying levels of success. Training Mowatt and Cook towards becoming well-rounded playmakers, one offensively minded one defensively minded;

Pretty much every forward role was tried, and it varied on opponent/personnel;

Had great individual success with Ezequiel on IF (a) from the left. The opposing side was either W (s) or IF (s) depending on shape.

Team tactics:

Generally I've gone quite simple at first, with tweaks made thereafter -

Control, short passing, especially in the narrow formations. A little more direct on counter or on the wings when playing.

High tempo.

Short distribution from the GK.

Roam from position on one position often, usually Adryan.

Flexible for more attacking shapes, or for tactics with less specific player roles. Structured otherwise, especially when I'm loaded up on individual instructions.

Drop deeper for counter-attacking tactics, combined with the above direct passing.

Shoot less often wherever possible.

Retain possession when appropriate.

A midfield trio of defend/support/attack when in the applicable formation. Big fan of this combination when possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally I've tried to not change the squad too much, with more/less changes coming depending on formation.

Better players in many positions are available (Simon Thern for midfield for example), but I've gone for using what is available whenever possible (and frankly half the reason for playing as the team I support is to bring Mowatt/Cook etc. through).

Transfers (on average, dependent on formation):

Out -

Tonge (free, various)

Taylor (free/released)

Warnock (250k, Derby/Watford)

Morrison (125k, various)

Hunt (140k, various)

Murphy (loan 100% wages, Charlton)

White (400k, various)

Dawson (loan, 100% wages, various)

Other youngsters (loan, various wages, various)

In -

Amelia (free, 7k-9k wages)

Reginiussen (up to 425k, 10k-14k wages)

De Lanlay (free, 11.75k wages)

Ezequiel (free, 9k-12k wages)

El Ghanassy (free, 11k-14k wages)

Stracqualursi (free, 8k once, usually 14k/15k wages)

Dag Alexander Olsen (15k, 1.5k wages) - 20/20 pace, training to play wide. Thanks to Welshace for that one.

Adriano (free, 10k wages) - Big, cheap, famous, Brazilian striker. Provides a very different option up top.

Also, Dino Halilovic (free, £300 wages) - because it costs nothing and why not!

I've flirted with a few more such as Chris Eagles, but generally the above cover 90% of my transfers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff:

Unfortunately the staff currently available to the Leeds manager are somewhat rubbish, so here's a quick rundown of what I did. Assume 99% of the existing staff (with the exception of a physio or two really) were sacked.

Assistant - M. Lindeman

Coaches - J. Harbin, D. Roden (5* fitness for free), H. Wapenaar, M. Lucassen, J. Corrigan, J. Owens, W. Downes.

Scouts - D. Hamilton, R. Bone, J. Vetere + Various central European guys dependent on who shows up with what attributes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think that's pretty much it for now. Will update at a later date on what I'm thinking going forwards into the full game and full save.

Something along the lines of 442/4411 interests me, potentially of an asymmetrical shape, using a healthy balance of the current squad and some of the more successful signings from above.

Cheers!

Wow, what an outstanding post. You should have been posting on here more often :)

In terms of backroom staff, I always add Brazilian players (of nationality Brazil at start up) as it brings high quality staff in to the game. This year there are again some fantastic staff available at game start up, but most at least initially do not want to come. Which, although disappointing, is realistic.

However, these people will come:

Gilmey Aymbere, decent Ass Man, cheap wages, 4· Coach Attacking, Ball Control & Shooting.

Aldo Franca, a good Head of Youth Development.

Celio Jose Rossi 4 1/2· GK Handling Coach.

Paulo Cesar Batista dos Santos 4· Defending & Tactics Coach.

Alexander Haicki has good attributes in the right areas and is a better Physio than you start with.

Additionally, away from Brazil, Yury Vardanyan is 5· FitnessCoach and his wage demands are very reasonable. Trond Fylling (15 JPP, 13 JPA, 16 adaptability) is a good initial scout and possesses excellent Scandinavian knowledge.

Just to add, you need to use additional clauses (for example % promotion clause) to sign Franco & Rossi.

Wow, what an outstanding post. You should have been posting on here more often :)

In terms of backroom staff, I always add Brazilian players (of nationality Brazil at start up) as it brings high quality staff in to the game. This year there are some fantastic staff available again at start up, but most do not want to come. Which, although disappointing, is realistic.

However, these people will come:

Gilmey Aymbere, decent Ass Man, cheap wages, 4· Attacking, Ball Control & Shooting.

Aldo Franca, good Head of Youth Development.

Celio Jose Rossi 4 1/2· GK Handling.

Paulo Cesar Batista dos Santos 4· Defending & Tactics.

Alexander Haicki makes for a good initial physio.

Additionally Yury Vardanyan is 5· Fitness and his wages are very cheap. Trond Fylling (15 JPP, 13 JPA, 16 adaptability) is a good initial scout and possesses excellent Scandinavian knowledge.

Just to add, you need to use additional clauses to sign Franco & Rossi.

Ah cheers for that!

I usually have Brazil/Argentina loaded to include all players with national reputation, reckon that would do it?

Pretty happy with Lindeman as assistant for now (provides 4* tactics and 5* fitness if you're lucky too), but will definitely look into the others. Rossi and dos Santos have been some of my go to guys on previous FMs, good to know I can bring them over to Leeds once more, especially as defence is an area I've struggled to find a decent coach in thus far.

Vardanyan could be a great shout with his Scandinavian knowledge, do love a cheap Norwegian centre back. Will check him out later.

Is there a decent Brazilian/South American scout available to Leeds early on? That often opens up a few doors in terms of players/staff. At higher levels I'd go to someone like Ceolin, but he understandably isn't interested just yet.

Thanks Nicko.

Ah cheers for that!

I usually have Brazil/Argentina loaded to include all players with national reputation, reckon that would do it?

Pretty happy with Lindeman as assistant for now (provides 4* tactics and 5* fitness if you're lucky too), but will definitely look into the others. Rossi and dos Santos have been some of my go to guys on previous FMs, good to know I can bring them over to Leeds once more, especially as defence is an area I've struggled to find a decent coach in thus far.

Vardanyan could be a great shout with his Scandinavian knowledge, do love a cheap Norwegian centre back. Will check him out later.

Is there a decent Brazilian/South American scout available to Leeds early on? That often opens up a few doors in terms of players/staff. At higher levels I'd go to someone like Ceolin, but he understandably isn't interested just yet.

Thanks Nicko.

I'm unsure whether that set up otion will get all the Brazilian staff (haven't tested it), I always add all players of Brazilian nationality to make sure.

Lindeman is a far better option at Ass Man than Aymbere (but I wonder if the latter might come as a Coach?)

Aldo Franco should open up your knowledge of Brazil, but the 'best' Brazilian Scout option at game start is Reginaldo de Oliveira (17 JPP 13 JPA but low adaptability and only has knowledge of Brazil & Hungary). The likes of Crivelli & Motta do not want to come just yet.

Edit: Aymbere will accept a Coach offer. So Lindman at Ass Man & Aymbere as a 4* Ball Control/Shooting/Attacking Coach might be best at full game tomorrow.

Egil Olsen Coach @ Lyn (unless he has random stats) is a 4* Defending & Tactical Coach.

Excellent post Sebbo. I'll share my thoughts so far having done something very similar to you.

Have played through varying lengths with varying levels of success, some great wins & runs compounded with some unfathomable losses, which i'm still trying to understand.

I'm determined to make the 4-1-2-2-1 / 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 work

Central Defence - Pretty standard, with Bellusci, Pearce, Cooper & Del Fabro all in the mix.

Full Backs - Again standard with Byram, Taylor, Warnock & Berardi covering the FB positions.

Defensive Midfield is also pretty stable, with Austin / Bianchi covering the DM strata (Bianchi retrains to DMC very quickly). Have toyed with the idea of re-training Cook for this, making him into an all round DM able to cover roles like DLP / Half Back / DM, but am not 100% sure on this yet. I'm sure as the game goes on someone will become available who I want to sign so don't want to drop him.

Centre Midfield - More to think about here. Mowatt / TBC as an attacking CM I've found works quite well, he's probably better than that role, but it all hinges on what I want to do with Cook. Sloth / Murphy are filling the Roaming Playmaker role that I want (Murphy is actually very good, and hard to drop). Unsure whether to train Cook for this. Mowatt could also be the roaming playmaker, but that then still leaves the Cook question !!

Mowatt could also be a B2B, he could be anything really so may train him for this anyway to get his stats up.

AMR / AML - Tied myself in knots with this! Adryan I'm retraining as an AMR or AML (not sure which) all the roles I want him to play will involve cutting inside (Raumduter / IF / AP) so logic says retrain to AML. I'll buy a couple of wingers (Forsell & Shala) and they'll rotate different sides. The issue is if Forsell gets injured I can't play Shala and Adryan as they will both be AML, and it hinder me using a winger (which I think will be important).

ST - Standard, with Sharp & Antenucci rotating. McDaid and Montenegro will be on training regimes as complete forwards so as they develop they can fill whatever role I need.

I'm looking at the following then

-------------------GK(d)-------------------

----WB(a)---CD(d)---CD(d)---WB(s)----

-------------------DM(d)-------------------

--------------RP(s)---CM(a)---------------

----RD(a)-----------------------W(s)------

-------------------F9(s)--------------------

OR (dependent on Adryan etc)

----W(a)-----------------------IF(S)------

Thoughts and advice welcome, I think the challenge for me this year is to hold on to as many of them as possible, for as long as possible, and work on 1/2 expensive signings each season, rather than radical overhauls.

Cheers

Superb posts fella's.. good to see a few more in depth posts and thought going on in here this year... it's certainly needed with the distinct lack of a balanced squad on our hands..

Just an update on Dag Alex Olsen .. he's managed 11 in 9 for me.. pretty much all of them scrappy poacher goals, which I kinda like about him...

Great start to the thread already Gents. Love this time of year when FM comes out!!

Macca72 - Forsell is quite a find I picked him up for 39k on a very low wage and after giving him abit of a rest when he first arrived is doing brilliantly.

So far brought in only Forsell & Chris Eagles managed to negotiate him down to 6.25k wage so was worth a punt as he is a player I liked in real life.

Looking for a left & right back at the minute whats everyones best finds?

So I've finished my 2nd season (1st back in the Prem). Finished in 9th place, a lot higher than expected especially with the average defense I have. Makes me wonder how good this team can be with a better defense behind it. So pre season work has been to try sort the defense out:

In

CB - Éder Álvarez Balanta - Free Transfer

LB - Andrew Robertson - £10.5m

CB - Liam Moore - £9.5m

CB - Joe Gomez - £6m

LB - Regen - £550k

Out

Austin - Free Transfer

Cooper - Free Transfer

----------------Pacheco----------------

--------Moore---Gomez---Balanta--------

Byram-------------------------Robertson

------------Cook-------Alli------------

----------------Adryan-----------------

-----------Robert-----Gallagher--------

Silvestri | Del Fabro | Bellusci | Pearce | Berardi | Targett | Taylor | Bianchi | Mowatt | Bamford | Antenucci

Need to move on one of Bellusci or Pearce, rather Pearce tbh and also move on Talyor.

Could do with another CM and a replacement ST for Antenucci, along with in an ideal world another keeper, but moneys running low. Will probably try to pick up some cheaper younger players for these roles/backup.

Macca, what team and individual instuctions do you use? looks quite interesting as I already have Shala and Forsell also, as well as Stevanovic.

I've been experimenting really, trying to get something between control and counter.

Shala & Forsell are equally effective as IF or W, so you can try and tweak with them. I've found that asking the IF's to "sit narrower" helps with overlaps from fullbacks, but that's all I can really share with you at the moment, I'm nowhere near settling on anything.

I'm unsure whether that set up otion will get all the Brazilian staff (haven't tested it), I always add all players of Brazilian nationality to make sure.

Lindeman is a far better option at Ass Man than Aymbere (but I wonder if the latter might come as a Coach?)

Aldo Franco should open up your knowledge of Brazil, but the 'best' Brazilian Scout option at game start is Reginaldo de Oliveira (17 JPP 13 JPA but low adaptability and only has knowledge of Brazil & Hungary). The likes of Crivelli & Motta do not want to come just yet.

Edit: Aymbere will accept a Coach offer. So Lindman at Ass Man & Aymbere as a 4* Ball Control/Shooting/Attacking Coach might be best at full game tomorrow.

Egil Olsen Coach @ Lyn (unless he has random stats) is a 4* Defending & Tactical Coach.

Thanks again there. I've found trying to construct a balanced backroom staff more of a challenge this year, possibly due to the fact an 'average' workrate for each category seems harder to come by. These suggestions will come in most useful.

On that note, how are people setting up their own manager's attributes? I figured I'd go for the badge/experience 'suggested' for the Leeds manager as that seemed to make sense (Although I really do want to start one with utter minimum everything at some point... Perhaps best to save that for a lower league management save though). I've opted for a bias towards tactical (Adaptability at 1 however; I don't intend to leave Leeds let alone go abroad in this save!) and some very specific coaching skills (to allow me to target certain coaches in other definite areas).

Excellent post Sebbo. I'll share my thoughts so far having done something very similar to you.

Have played through varying lengths with varying levels of success, some great wins & runs compounded with some unfathomable losses, which i'm still trying to understand.

I'm determined to make the 4-1-2-2-1 / 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 work

Central Defence - Pretty standard, with Bellusci, Pearce, Cooper & Del Fabro all in the mix.

Full Backs - Again standard with Byram, Taylor, Warnock & Berardi covering the FB positions.

Defensive Midfield is also pretty stable, with Austin / Bianchi covering the DM strata (Bianchi retrains to DMC very quickly). Have toyed with the idea of re-training Cook for this, making him into an all round DM able to cover roles like DLP / Half Back / DM, but am not 100% sure on this yet. I'm sure as the game goes on someone will become available who I want to sign so don't want to drop him.

Centre Midfield - More to think about here. Mowatt / TBC as an attacking CM I've found works quite well, he's probably better than that role, but it all hinges on what I want to do with Cook. Sloth / Murphy are filling the Roaming Playmaker role that I want (Murphy is actually very good, and hard to drop). Unsure whether to train Cook for this. Mowatt could also be the roaming playmaker, but that then still leaves the Cook question !!

Mowatt could also be a B2B, he could be anything really so may train him for this anyway to get his stats up.

AMR / AML - Tied myself in knots with this! Adryan I'm retraining as an AMR or AML (not sure which) all the roles I want him to play will involve cutting inside (Raumduter / IF / AP) so logic says retrain to AML. I'll buy a couple of wingers (Forsell & Shala) and they'll rotate different sides. The issue is if Forsell gets injured I can't play Shala and Adryan as they will both be AML, and it hinder me using a winger (which I think will be important).

ST - Standard, with Sharp & Antenucci rotating. McDaid and Montenegro will be on training regimes as complete forwards so as they develop they can fill whatever role I need.

I'm looking at the following then

----RD(a)-----------------------W(s)------

OR (dependent on Adryan etc)

----W(a)-----------------------IF(S)------

Thoughts and advice welcome, I think the challenge for me this year is to hold on to as many of them as possible, for as long as possible, and work on 1/2 expensive signings each season, rather than radical overhauls.

Cheers

Good read, both that and your earlier post.

At first I actually disagreed with your quite liberal re-training of positions, but on reflection I think it might in-fact be the best way of getting some of the young lads in the side for the long term.

The only one I'm still unsure on is Adryan. I feel that even though his attributes could well suit a wide role, cutting inside, I think in the act of re-training you may well spread his gains too thinly. By this I mean focusing on his natural central role is, in my opinion, maximising his strengths rather than trying to add new things to his game. When he reaches 26 I think I would rather have an Adryan with, for example, 17 in passing, vision and technique rather than an Adryan who has increased his crossing, long shots and pace to 15 but also only attained a 15 in passing and vision. Or something along those lines!

A second reason for my thinking this is retraining to a completely alien position (by which I mean it is wholly unknown to the player before training) that is also not related to the original (i.e. related being left wing -> right wing etc.) must take up a relatively large portion of CA, and thus PA. To get the best out of Adryan I think his CA/PA points need to be focused on attribute development, especially considering his nicely balanced starting position (all the important areas relative to his age and natural position filled with a nice 12/13/14).

Thirdly is that as promotion and a (hopeful) rise up the Premier League occur better winger/inside forward options will present themselves (both naturally and through re-training).

However, after giving it further thought, my third point could actually mean the complete opposite. There are some very good central AMCs out there, plenty of which can be picked up relatively young and cheaply. This could push Adryan well down the pecking order, especially if you only play one in that position. The way to keep him in and around the team in this situation is probably to stick him wide, and as such re-training as you describe becomes the answer.

So to sum up, I can be of no help what-so-ever.

How are others using Adryan? Not forgetting Cook and Mowatt (at least one of these two I would love to keep in my team for as long as possible)?

If you got a bit of cash to splash.. ruben (from Maritimo) at leftback is top class for years.

At right back I got Alex Matel for 550k ..

Or for backup, see manuel ruz, bandalovski, jorge ribeiro

A few people seem to be looking for right backs. Personally I'm more than happy to go forwards with Byram (and Berardi when I'm not shoehorning him into left back). Would be very interested to know why others are deciding against him?

Archived